Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbrella Colony

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 6 Empty The Umbrella Colony

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd November 2013, 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Commander Mytrell, the Umbrella's head lead and a dark-skinned Turian with red markings on his face, is staring out at the planet before them, hands behind his back as he watches the terraforming process continue.  His eyes watch with an intensity over the pilot's head, whom many know as Jacquelyn.  She's quite well skilled and also bored--and who wouldn't be?  Still, everything is so quite here on the Command deck compared to elsewhere, as each member of Umbrella becomes more and more excited as the time passed.  They will be on land soon--instead of on this ship, where they have resided their whole life.  Of course, that will be after the scout parties, terraform analysis, and other such processes...Mytrell hopes his crew has patience on this morning.

Silla finds her way by his side, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.  He's not surprised by it, anymore, for sure, but it can be quite alarming to those that aren't used to her presence.  She is an agile Asari, both timid and agile, quiet and mysterious.  She smiles at him with greeting and speaks softly.  "Your orders, Commander?"

"Send the saints to the three moons of this planet.  I'll have them searched for anything useful and scouted--can't be too sure what we are living near around here.  We barely have information on the solar system."  Mytrell replies.

"Understood, Commander."  Silla says, "Anything else?"

"I want some scout teams prepared, along with some scientists to be readied for the first ground team within the next eighteen hours.  I want the top scientists out there--we need information on this planet as soon as possible--oh...and I'd like some Dragari tea, please.  Turian style."  

"Of course, Commander.  I shall return shortly."  Silla nods her head with closure and a quick salute before leaving the Command deck...life aboard the Umbrella is about to get busy, especially for her...so many commands and plans she'll have to help issue.  So many things to organize.

Last edited by Leah7 on 19th December 2013, 9:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 6 Empty Re: The Umbrella Colony

Post by pichuspark 15th January 2014, 1:51 am

"Cool, I'll get a pickaxe," Craisa called back to Ishmael as she ran to the supply locker. Once she got it, she clipped it to her belt with the rest of her tools. Everyone seemed to be doing something to keep busy.

Craisa collected samples, going deeper into the rock as she went. "It looks like the color is consistent all the way through," she muttered, breaking away larger pieces. She paused, "So, it's all spotted!" Craisa hopped up and walked away grinning, having finished answered her question. She left the rock samples where they were but she'd come back for them later. Her initial excitement had lessened with the workload and she needed a break.

She stared forward, hoping something interesting was ahead. So far their mission had went too slowly without any action. She pouted, "We'll never be on the moon again and I wont remember the mission," she thought disappointment. It was just the same as the others. She blinked, Ishmael announced it was time for a break. He sounded oddly happy, smiling as he went to the ship. "I thought he was boring," she thought out loud, "Did something cool happen to him?" Craisa headed in Ishmael's direction. "Hey! What're you doing?"
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 15th January 2014, 6:29 pm

[Attn: Craisa]

Ishmael had chosen the storage room of the shuttle as few ventured there. Shasta had made him a Turian meal--she was a wonder. He'd experimented with some of her human food--tasty stuff, but some of it he'd had to keep a stimi-pen handy. But he'd need actual sustenance and they both knew it. It was a simple, filling soup she'd made. He wanted to dance with joy.

"Hey! What're you doing?"

He almost spilled his soup, jumping. "Cra--Asari," he said, regaining his composure. "What...how may I help you?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 16th January 2014, 5:45 am

"Sorry," Craisa laughed. He must not have realized she was following behind him. He'd flinched and stuttered when he heard her, but regained composure quickly. This was the first time Craisa caught him off guard during on a mission, "Ishmael probably is secretly cool," she thought, smiling.

"I only wanted to know what you were doing," she paused, "Oh, and I finished collecting samples," she added before leaning against the wall. She blinked and stood upright, noticing the soup he was holding, "Did you make that yourself?" She pointed at it. Craisa was sure he couldn't cook so it couldn't taste good, why would he spend his break eating alone?
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th January 2014, 8:54 am

(ATTN: Salvage Crew)

Thel had been surveying with Ishmael, quite a boring task since his companion didn’t socialize, at all. He wandered off towards the markers Craisa had placed and collected scanning data. From his Omnitool he couldn't evaluate the results and had to wait till they returned to the ship.

Break time for most meant relaxing and eating, Thel on the other hand performed a quick maintenance check on the rigs. “Kardes,” he said a little annoyed, “Don’t push the drills so hard, this one is reaching the end of its usable life. What the…” he picks out a few shards of a material. His voice hushed down and only the closest or more acute listeners would hear him, “This isn’t naturally occurring, synthetic maybe. Well we won’t know for sure, until we get it back to the lab.” He rubs his fingers together. “Whatever this is, it has some organic components to it too, it crumbles to easily to be rock or metal.”

He runs up to the bridge as fast as he can, and starts compiling the scans, none are very deep and he mostly gathers dense pockets of minerals, nothing out of the ordinary. But, he sets the scanners to focus on where Kardes was drilling, maybe with focused scanning he’ll be able to determine what left the residue found on the drill.
The terminal reads, SCANNING and the 30 minutes are up. He rushes back down to the hangar leaving the scan to run as they go out for round two.

OOC:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th January 2014, 5:12 pm

[Attn: Craisa, Open]

"No," he replied. "I didn't make this. My friend Shasta did." He smiled inwardly. "I can cook basic stuff, but this is a Turian soup. Very hearty.

"And I'm glad you finished your scans. You can help Thel and I with ours. But worry about that when lunch is over. You should get something to eat."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th January 2014, 12:57 am

(ATTN : Salvage Team)

*Before the break*

- The moon/inside the mako/mission crew through comms -

The mission was going smoothly so far, regardless of their group being late. Alehina had been most of the time helping with moving the mako around for the need of the group. Karde had also been doing some beatboxing and the crew seemed a bit irritated by it. However she wasn't, she actually liked it and started to hum over it, though not in the comms like he would. Then it got more stationary and they had to be drilling in hunt for treasure.

It got so boring there as she had to leave the mako close for them to load it little by little. She pretty much had nothing to do on that moment and so she started to write some more lyrics down. Until Ishmael called for a break, she lowered her feet from the wheel and said ''Finally some action... well if you call it that anyway. '' It was to herself though and not to the group.

She moved the mako as instructed back toward the ship with everyone for the break time and then thought about the fact that Karde even after all this time of working with the rig to drill stuff had not called her to teach her some of the stuff he promised. She pouts at the thought and shake her head. ''Maybe he'll teach me later.... oh wait... I just thought of that, but.... I don't think I had food on my list earlier.... It was so rushed that I might have forgotten it...'' She thought about it while driving the mako back, her stomach doing a little noise of protest of not having food. Then again if she's lucky maybe Derian placed some food in her bag... Alehina sure hoped so anyway.

*Break Time*

(ATTN : Open)

- The moon/Salvage ship -

[Areas of the ship in order : Hangar/Lockers/Close to Hangar]

Alehina entered the the ship with the mako first as it would take the most space, Garm was inside it with her as well. Before coming out of it though, she made sure everything was normal with the system. As she came out of it, she went around it and checked for any mechanical problems on the mako. As everything looked fine, she bolts toward her bag that was in the locker area of the ship and as she checked inside.... She found deeply in it a neatly placed tupperware wrapped with a piece of fabric that was tied on the top. There was a little note on it.

''I placed this in your bag a bit before you picked it up, it's leftover from the meal I just did before you left.... Sorry if I couldn't make you a different meal Lady Alehina, I just didn't have enough time.

Enjoy your lunch. =)

Derian.

''Awww... He didn't forget about it. Looks like I have food ! Woohoo !'' Alehina said to herself with a smile and then she moved back toward the hangar all happy with the idea of settling herself with some piece within the mako to eat. ''I wonder what I would do without them sometimes.... I forget the most basic things of survival so often.... Maybe I shouldn't be so mean to them.... But then again it's fun to tease them.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 20th January 2014, 9:59 pm

"Oh, so, it was Shasta." She grinned, "I don't think she likes me very much, but I'll make it up to her soon." To Craisa making it up to her meant getting even. Shasta was a jerk so she'd be a jerk, too. Still, if she was Ishmael's friend she must have a nicer side to her. "If she apologized I might accept it. But, probably not," Craisa thought for a moment.

"Anyway, I haven't scanned the rocks yet. I only collected them, but I've got it handled!" Craisa gave two thumbs up before reaching for her bag's strap. She'd packed it with some snacks before meeting Ishamel to search for Alehina. "Is it okay if I eat here," she asked as she pulled a sandwhich out of her bag and took a bite.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th January 2014, 10:07 pm

[Attn: Craisa, Open]

He sighed inwardly. "I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with her," he cautioned. "She has a sharp tongue when you get on her bad side. Best to just live and let live." Not to mention he'd rather not have them fighting when he could get dragged in.

He wanted to weep when she asked to join him. He had wanted to enjoy Shasta's cooking in solitude where he'd be free to express his exultant joy. Now he'd have to contain himself. "I don't remember owning this area," he said, "so you're welcome to do as you like."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuto 27th January 2014, 3:51 pm

[[ATTN: Karde's team, during time skip]]

Before the break time before the drilling there was the long walk to the drilling spot, which was boring as the two giant machines walked with a truck at their side, all carrying heavy mining equipment. The silence of the moon was frightening and eerie, like any moment something would jump at them.
He began to drop his beat over the comm, he was known for his beat boxing some of the men in the saints liked it, old veterans mainly as they knew when Karde was singing things were safe, if danger was to surface he'd yell on the intercoms evacuation orders and focus mainly on how to operate his machine.
It was a simple 2 step beat mimicking the machinery walking, sometimes he exaggerate his voice funnily to sound like the rigs we're farting as they walked. An urgent messaged appeared over his HUD while in the middle of the beat, another krogan: Garm.

"Will you shut your mouth before I make you?!" He said harshly.

"Don't appreciate a bit of music?" He continued amping the beat up to 4 steps. A heavy beat between two light beat combo's something laid back and easy to listen to finally, he even added in a few whistles between beats making it sound like something from the 90's back on earth, if you'd ask him how he knew about this he had a friend back from his collective days who had this ancient stuff, hip-hop was timeless and easy to listen to no matter the era.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All good things had to end eventually and with the long trek done and over with they were now at the mining zone. The mighty rigs equipped with Mass effect field bit drills, the drills would shred through the rock and send the ore and rock into a tubular vacuum that was connected to a chamber where all the ore chunks would be sent to and emptied into the mako to transport back to the ship later.
Karde would diligently drill for the next 4 hours until he spent a tad longer in this one spot trying to bore through it it the machine would make a grinding sound akin to one that the dentist would make when using his tooth drill. He stopped and attempted to again the drill finally going through it finally, the moment he pierced it he received the call to return and nodded, he deserved a break and they had a good haul.
He retracted the mass effect drill and proceeded back to the ship along with the rest of his team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[[ATTN: Thel, Lucius, anyone in the hangar]]

Back at the ship he had docked the rig back in the hangar and eased himself out of it looking at the front of it its right arm drill had taken some damage from shrapnel rock and the odd patch that made near impossible to break through earlier. He inspected it before jumping on towards lunchtime raising his brow to it he clicked his goggle to inspect the materials left on his drill, he looked at the components closely zooming the goggle to look at it closely...Frankly he had no idea what he was looking at just plain curiosity.
Seems like the angels of space and goodness arrived to answer his curiosities as Thel appeared, the science guy. He responded to him gruffly. "Ran into something dense I think I might need a new drill or something stronger..Maybe...No." He wasn't going to tell him that he wanted to shoot that patch again with a missile and see if it would open up for him. Even for space mining there was limits, he simply stayed put and let Thel do his work.
As the science man left he awaited his partner he wanted his input on what they were digging.
Kuto
Kuto

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 5th February 2014, 5:30 pm

(ATTN : Karde/Hangar)

- The moon/inside the spaceship/Hangar -

Alehina was humming with an happy expression over her face when she noticed Karde having some kind of trouble with his machine. She sit down against a wall and start eating her food, regardless the fact that it was cold, she was too hungry and lazy to go heat it up. Plus she was curious. ''What's up ?'' She suddenly spoke toward the krogan, wondering if he had even noticed her before she spoke. He was so focused on his machine that it was hard to know if he noticed stuff around him still.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 10th February 2014, 6:22 am

[attn: Ishmael, open]

Ishmael seemed to be entirely on Shasta's side, Craisa sighed. She thought he was cool. He didn't seem to want her their very much either. Still, she only nodded her head in reply.

"I'm already on Shasta's bad side, but I never said I was going to pick a fight with her," she said after a moment. "I was only going to talk to her. I think this advice would be put to better use on her." She grinned before swinging her bag back over her shoulder, about to leave. She'd recollect her samples and scan them. Break was boring, and Ishmael wasn't going to be any fun to hang around.

(sorry this took forever, I couldn't form a coherent thought.><')
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2014, 4:09 pm

[ATTN: Karde's team]

Lucius notices Karde go back to the ship, although he was not convinced they needed a bigger drill.

"I'm going to be running some scans, perhaps this could be usable due to it's strength, stand by."

He opens his omni tool, and checks his suits signs. He feels wary leaving, but there is a mission to be done. He opens up the front of his mech and moves it close, reaching out his arms to scan the mass in front of him. "Scans starting." He states to update Karde. He is perplexed, constantly looking around while his omni-tool completes it's task.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 15th February 2014, 6:06 pm

[ATTN: Residential Sector/Agricultural]

Kydoimos stood along one of the causeways overlooking what was one of many such fields in agricultural. The sprinklers had engaged prior to his arrival and wouldn't reengage until the moister sensors on the automated field attendants detected the need for additional watering. He had come hoping to see it, and record another audio file for later enjoyment, each differed to his ears. Organics would of course refute that all sounded the same, after all it was automated and controlled unlike natural phenomenon.

There were of course humans out amongst the machines and plants, some Turian, there might be an occasional Krogan but never any of the Drell in this section. Given the species problems with developing Kepral's Syndrome, a problem arising from water interfering with their ability to acquire oxygen, that was a valid reason that they wouldn't be put into a situation in which they might be placed in greater risk. There had been some mildly successful gene-therapy to treat it, but there still a reluctance to race-wide application.

Kydoimos was gathering attention, but eventually the Organics stopped paying attention that he was standing there. Perhaps they though they had come afoul of U-Sec, but that wasn't the case. There were very few security personnel in agricultural, mostly just a few Military droids that walked along their preprogrammed routes. Their system's pinged Kydoimos', and queried about his presence in their area. He explained and gave them his clearances and they returned to their duties.

Most of them had limited VIs, which made them not really ideal to converse with if Kydoimos actually desired it. There was little chance that they would seek it of their own volition, aside from checking on his clearances.

There was an interesting nature about the required work to keep the Organics nourished, particularly the desire for food stuffs in a more natural form. There was plenty of data on the negative impact of more efficient means of nutritional fulfillment, mostly psychological that would later cause an increase in aggression and crime. He himself had memories over deployments to handle civil unrest during prolonged food shortages, but luckily the current situation on board wasn't anywhere near that state again.

Given that he was dwelling on other thoughts, Kydoimos started tapping the grip of his Hornet absentmindedly for a few seconds. Seemed he'd spent enough time idling here, so he turned and began leaving Agricultural.

[Attn: Medical Facility, Open]

His footsteps echoed slightly as he traversed the corridors from the Tram system he had just exited. Most of the time Kydoimos didn't notice that people seemed to naturally avoid walking around him, but this time he did. When was the last time that one of the Organics had bumped into him or just walked near him without concern? His system started to run a memory inquiry but Kydoimos stopped it. It was made sense that Organics would avoid a security droid, even completely innocent colonists without anything to hide didn't want to do anything that might land them "In hot water" as the saying went. The train of logic didn't stop him from reaching his destination however without stopping.

He stopped in place, outside of the motion detector range of the hospital's doors. Kydoimos had just rationalized that it would probably be best to just leave a message rather then enter the building. Entering it for such a frivolous reason would only cause the Organics inside to reach conclusions or worry. It could quite easily escalate into the company filing a grievance with U-Sec if his visit caused a reduction to their business.

Instead Kydoimos opened up a communication link and called the company VI.

[Greetings U-Sec Security Personnel.] Greeted the Companies answering VI. [How may I assist you?]
[This is Mobile Military Unit - Kydoimos, I would like to leave a message for Doctor Sonali.]
[Doctor Sonali is not working at this time, if you would like I can have the message routed to her.] The VI offered while attempting to provide assistance.
[No need. Please inform her that we apologize for any additional work load this mornings incident caused her or her co-workers. We appreciate her offer of assistance and the fine work she does for the residents of Umbrella. ] Kydoimos said to the VI, remembering to not just call them organics in his message.
[Is that all, or is there anything I can help you with Kydoimos?]
[That is all.] He confirmed, listening to the rote concluding message wishing him a good day.

The personal message delivered, he still had lots of free time on his hands. Perhaps he should go optimize his firing logarithms at the firing range. There was fairly little else to do, unless he wanted to go submit himself to maintenance which wasn't enticing really. All his systems showed perfectly fine operating status' so there was no need to go back in when the maintenance rig had performed a scan earlier.

With that he'd head towards one of the military firing ranges.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top