Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pragia Concerns Role-Play

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pragia Concerns Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Pragia Concerns Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd April 2014, 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

[ATTN: ALL; An Introduction]

The Observer carefully sent out the exact same message to seven individuals that managed to catch his attention. Only those that had enough qualities that represented self-competency deemed them worthy, to him. However, he knows that the most difficult task will be uniting them under one goal, convincing those that differ the most into working together. After all...several of them seem as though a massive battle could break out amongst them, should the wrong thing be said or the wrong action be taken. Regardless, this is a risk that the Observer is willing to take. After all, Pragia Kingdom is quite worth it--it is his home. He also made sure that each member would be able to see the titles or names of the others that would be invited. If the dire needs of the Kingdom will not intrigue them, perhaps their future company will.

Pragia Concerns Role-Play - Page 2 Invita10

Last edited by Leah7 on 26th June 2014, 2:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Pragia Concerns Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Pragia Concerns Role-Play

Post by MethosArchaic 9th April 2014, 10:45 pm

[Attn: Porter, Allyn, and anyone else around]

There was a sudden fit of girlish laughter behind the sword man. "Did you hear that? Guys, the Vigilante noticed me!" The disembodied voice laughed and joked from behind Porter, who was probably more off guard then Evon was from it since it came from somewhere behind him if Evon had to take a guess.

He was trying to pin point it down, giving them a second or two to show themselves.

"He's so cool!" The voice teased, at least to Evon it sounded that way.

(USING TAUNT)"Frigid even." Evon said as he brought his hand up and blew across his palm sending a wide spray at and around the two of them (Porter and Allyn)of wet snowy air. Perhaps if he waited a bit more he might have noticed Porter being kicked but then again he had came ready for an ambush so he was jumping the gun a bit.

The spell ended as he inhaled, only a quick blast of moist air that quickly chilled to a more snowy bit to freeze it and leave everything caught in it covered in a light frost. Not immediately harmful, not tonight anyway.

"Skullduggery, you say?" Allanon commented with a trace of amusement. "Maybe I merely chose to take a leaf out of our host's namesake and observe whom I was dealing with. As for my new acquaintance, I assume hers has more to do with living up to her title."

"That's all well and good kiddos, but humor an old man and came out where I can see ya." Evon said turning his head towards the other voice (Allanon), and giving the man a second to comply. "That isn't asking too much is it now?" This was just getting annoying, and he'd rather not have to flush them out. It really was too much work.

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 9th April 2014, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th April 2014, 10:57 pm

[Attn: Evon]

"You say that, my dear fellow, yet I can't help but note that you yourself was doing much the same," Allanon pointed out, "or do you expect me to believe you were hanging up in the air for your amusement. One should avoid contradictions when they make their accusations, hmm?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th April 2014, 6:11 am

{Everyone at meeting place}

"Woah dude, no need to get your undergarments in a bunch. I thought we were all invited here." Porter grins at the man. "Unless you aren't one of the expected, then my advise is to go play somewhere else. I like the entrance though, it had style"

Porter spins hearing a woman's voice. It does not sound like a princess. He plants his feet and feels a foot collide with his ankle. It wasn't that hard of a kick. He laughs with the giggling voice. "Well looks like this is going to be a fun group at least. I only wish the lady will make herself visible so I can gaze upon the beauty with the fiesty personality."

Porter rubs his arms together as he is hit with cold and wet. "Dude, next time you give me a shower at least make it a warm one." The snow allows him to see the outline of the trickster. He turns to her and bows. "I apologize for Mr. Stick Up The Butt over there. I for one rather liked the joke."

For those of you who are interested, I am Porter V'Rast, Mercenary according to the invite. Since we are all here for the same reason, we may at least be civil instead of threatening? Besides we are going to be in the presence of a Princess soon."

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 10th April 2014, 7:57 am

[Attn: People at Meeting place]

Evon glanced over and kept the swordsman in the corner of his eye as he listened, but not to him. "Boy if I wanted your lip, I'd ask for it. You know what they say about assuming, so show yourself. Thrice asked and thrice warned Magician." He said looking out in the direction of Allanon's voice. He might have caught something about V'rest mentioning something about being a porter, but it didn't make much since unless that was his name and Evon didn't careless about the nobility.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th April 2014, 8:28 am

[ATTN: All present]

"Hey!" Allyn said as she is showered with a blast of damp. "Man, you're cold," she said, shaking her arms and stepping carefully to the side, escaping the small patch of snowy ground there was now.

She turned again as Porter spoke, and she bowed even though she was still invisible. "Call me Allyn, sweetie," she said, straightening up. She shivered, looking back at the Vigilante. "Oh come off it, if we wanted to hurt you we'd have done so by now, our advantage is long gone," she scoffed. "Save your paranoia for tonight when you're sleeping, cuz I'm not coming out until this 'princess' arrives."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 10th April 2014, 12:04 pm

[Attn: Those Gathered]

Glancing over towards Porter's direction and the now named Allyn. "That goes for you too Missy, drop the shroud and we can start being civil." The girl was just as famous in her own way as he was. The others he wasn't familiar with but he had heard of her. No amount of sweet talking was going to make him forget the advantages of being invisible, it always gave one an advantage in surprise attacks. These did seem to be the guests, but then again the Observer could have just found people and given them all a fake persona if he really wanted to. Even though they seemed genuine he'd keep his guard up and be ready for an attack till he was sure they weren't out to get him. One didn't survive this long being trusting when all the cards where in someone else's favor.

'Note to self: Watch yourself tonight just in case.' Evon made sure to remind himself.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th April 2014, 12:21 pm

[Attn: Group]

"I have no issue dispelling my field," came Allanon's smooth reply, "but it's funny how your 'asking' sounds a lot more like 'commanding.'" The sound of snapping fingers could be heard and slowly the area dispelled revealing him and his table. Blinky had taken a comfortable spot on his lap and he was stroking behind her ears. With his other hand, he took a strong swig of his coffee.

"As for my lip," he went on, "if I wanted to take orders from a self-inflated poppinjay, I'd be a soldier. As it stands, you'll have to bear my discourse as I will apparently have to bear your ego." He took another sip. "So how long were you floating above us like a specter, hmm? It had to have been at least before the lady arrived, if not longer, so that would make my 'assumption,' as it were, an accurate assessment."

The Vigilante, eh? Obviously the man was used to command by the way he did so freely. It didn't matter to him as long as the man didn't make a regular habit of it. Everyone had heard of his reputation, of course, but such things could be inflated. It always helped one's cause to be more than a man in the eyes of others.

After listening to his banter with Allyn, he could tell the other man was a blatant flirt--though time would only prove if there were worse things to call him. Not that he'd judge a man for being a skirt-chaser--more power to them, he supposed. But he hoped this endeavor would start soon, so that he'd know whether or not his time was being wasted.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th April 2014, 2:16 pm

"I am quite attached to my lip, thank you. However you sir, need to learn to relax a little. So what if they are not visible. There is no reason for us to fight, so why worry." Porter shrugged. The young woman introduced herself. "A hearty welcome to you, darling. Normally I would ask for you to reveal your pretty self, but I am quite amused with Mr. Pole-Up-His-Ass right now."

The other man revealed himself. Porter nods in his direction. "Nice to meet you as well. Looks like you are pretty comfortable. Got anything stronger than coffee?" Porter has a friendly smile on his face.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 10th April 2014, 5:05 pm

[Attn: Gather guests, etc]

When Allanon dropped his shroud, Evon gruffed for a second. Then he had to listen to the man's lector about the pot calling the kettle black again, not that he cared a lick what the man thought. Then again he was going to have to put up with the boy (Porter) assuming just as well. He'd been looking towards Allanon and not Porter when he spoke, kids these days.

"I know where I stand Magician, but if you keep assuming things you'll keep making a fool of yourself." Evon didn't need to explain himself and he could just as easily let the man keep thinking what ever he wanted. Evon didn't have to explain his magic to anyone, he could have just as easily used magic to sense them instead of having watched them. Even if the man happened to be right this time, he was still guessing.

He turned his attention back towards where he had last heard Allyn and listened like only those that really knew how could. "Now girly, that's a remarkable shroud you have there but you really should drop the thing." It had corrected itself quickly enough when he'd hit it with that frost, and it hadn't dropped either, that was impressive in itself. "I don't care which mask you put on, but as far as I am concerned, nothing good or civil came from hiding in the shadows unseen; My experience has proven that readily enough."

There was a part of him that wanted to leave the damn meeting but something kept convincing him to stay. It really was a shame that none of these people where being reasonable, there was nothing wrong with being being sensible. If they had just cooperated then he'd have been loads nicer. Couldn't they be reasonable? After all it wasn't like he'd asked them to sacrifice their first born or anything. Get a random invite from some unknown Observer and boom all all common sense flew out the window. Kids these days, didn't their parents teach them anything?
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th April 2014, 7:42 pm

Group.

Kiri makes her way up the side of the cliff. Some of it was hard and she had to get down and lead her horse up the side. She gritted her teeth. At least one of the vagabonds she thought she saw could have offered their services to help her. She makes it up the side and puts her horse with the others. She walks over to the others and listens to them talk.

“So what is the problem here? Are you fools only interested in making fools of yourselves or are we here to talk about this invitation we received?” She asked. She looked at them point blankly. “It took me time to get up here. This better be good.” She growled.

((sorry guys...I am real sorry about not posting sooner.))
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 10th April 2014, 10:27 pm

[ATTN: Lady Kiri, The Vigilante, Trickster Allyn, Porter, Allanon]

The guests were chatting with each other as more arrived for quite some time. Much is learned, much is seen, and most importantly, the sun has reached the horizon's edge. Shortly after the Lady Kiri arrives, an older man within his late forties can be seen approaching the cliff with what appears to be a small carriage or cart.

This man is roughly around 5'10 feet tall with raven, thin hair braided neatly over one shoulder. His clothes are neat and well kept--not the clothes of a nobleman to be sure, but most certainly not a commoner's, either. His dark skin and eyes match that of his hair, though what attracts the most attention would probably be the bright red tattoo that rests on the left side of his face. The tattoo is of a small, tribal design, either clearly abstract in its meaning or without meaning at all.

He lowers himself from the cart, still a good distance from the others to converse with them, just yet, but several other young boys that may be anywhere from twelve to fifteen years of age quickly appear, exiting from the cart and bringing with them what appears several different furniture items, chairs and a table, along with a few small glassy-like orbs hanging from pouches on their pants, clearly protruding from the tops of the pouches, but not enough to fall out upon the ground.

As the man reaches the cliff's clearing, he nods his head in greeting to those that are visible, but he does not yet speak. Instead, he gives orders to the children, who quickly obey in placing out the table and chairs appropriately. None of them seem to pay any mind to the presence of the table that the wizard somehow magically has. This table is far larger, anyhow, and will make do for the required situation. The children continue to walk back and forth, from cart to cliff, adding what appears to be various beverages and treats on the table's surface.

As the children shuffle about, the man takes his own place in one of the chairs, smiling politely at those of the guests that he could see. "Welcome to Jorn's Cliff, ladies and gentlemen. Please take a seat. I will be your host this evening and I will be happy to begin introductions when we are all comfortable."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th April 2014, 10:52 pm

[ATTN: All]

Allyn stopped paying attention to the grumpy vigilante as soon as she saw what she assumed was the princess arrive - followed quickly by another cart. She started towards the cart as it arrived, keeping her distance as the man left and his kid servants set about setting up the table and chairs. Allyn circled around the activity, watching and waiting curiously until the man took his seat.

"Our host!" she said, and her spell dropped that instant as she spoke, revealing that she was already standing behind her chair. She stepped back with one foot, giving him an overly elaborate bow. "It's an honor, I'm sure - oh these clothes," she said, straightening and looking disdainfully at her skirt and top, dirty from travel. Allyn spun in a slow circle, her braid swinging behind her as her outfit appeared to change - her skirt and top blended together into one knee-length, spotlessly clean, sea-green dress. "That's much better," she said, and she pulled out the chair and plopped down in it, leaning forward with her elbows on the table.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th April 2014, 6:16 am

Porter’s eyes light up upon seeing the last of their group arriving. “Ahh Milady, we were waiting for you and our host to arrive. Forgive me for not seeing you earlier, but now that you are here allow me to offer any assistance you may need. Both of you ladies consider me your knight in leather armor. That shining armor is for amateurs.” He winks.

He didn’t get a chance to continue is dialog as their host arrives. He arrives in style with a carriage and a team of young boys. The boys quickly set up a table, chairs and the comforts one would expect at a private chamber. His eyes are drawn to the glass orbs though. They are protruding from pockets of the boys, but not enough to be in danger. It is like the host wants them to be noticed.

The lady trickster reveals herself, Porter takes the arm of the Princess and situates himself so he is flanked by the beautiful ladies. “It is a pleasure to finally see you. Your beauty is even better than I imagined.” He acknowledges the host with a nod and waits for the others to be seated.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th April 2014, 12:50 pm

Allanon raised an eyebrow to the man's words. Obviously he was trying to take the heat off himself; his poker face was excellent. Though that could be the mask. Either way, Allanon knew he was right no matter what the man said. How else did he presume to explain knowing just where to look when he landed and that there was more than one person?

To the man who identified himself as porter, he grinned mischievously. "My dear fellow," he said, "if you desire stronger, I have a blend that'll make you lose feeling in your face from a sip."

Before any more words could be exchanged, it seemed newcomers had arrived--one of them the host, he presumed. The man stole his idea, though he didn't do it with the flair Allanon had. He had pulled his out of his large bag with its impossibly large carrying capacity. That mollified him a bit.

"Hello to you, gracious host," he said amicably. "Would you like a spot of coffee?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 11th April 2014, 1:10 pm

Group.

Kiri looked at the man between him and the other lady. He was wearing leather armor and was cracking jokes. She rolled her eyes. "Sir, I will ask you to keep your hands and body OFF of me." She said. She grumbled under her breath.

However she was lucky and the host was right behind her. She didn't have to worry about anyone answering her as she turned around and looked at their host. Before she could blink it seemed there were chairs and tables being set out. She takes a seat in one of them. "You are our humble host, I thank you for inviting me here sir."

She was unable to tell who he was or what class he was in. His clothes weren't that of noble, but they weren't of the common class either. At least he was clean and well kept. She couldn't complain against him. The others however looked like something of a traveling show. She could only chuckle and wonder what they were doing here.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th April 2014, 8:29 am

[Attn: Assembled personages.]

The newest girl to arrive was a young noble woman, of marriage age at the very least, and no matter what Porter said, this girl wasn't the princess. The girl had brandied some words when she arrived and Evon had promptly ignored her, as he expected she would if he responded. He was still waiting on Allyn to appear but with the arrival of this new person he settled on shelving it for now.

The man had quite a fair amount of servants, all youths and boys. If they weren't slaves then he had peculiar or perverted tastes, a few strong men would have been more efficient. After the table was set up, then the girl made her appearance. Then she even changed her clothes, something she could easily have done while under her shroud. This girl liked to show off and enjoyed setting people opinions, the dress was a nice color though.

The spread was set up and the host called them to sit with them, but no one said it was the Observer. Evon went over to the chairs and took one closer to the edge and sat. He'd listen to what this person said, but he wouldn't trust the food and he'd watch these boys too. There was just getting more and more people around, and none of them he was familiar with.

"Correct me, but weren't more people invited?" Evon was pretty sure that was the case.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th April 2014, 1:40 pm

[ATTN: Lady Kiri, The Vigilante, Trickster Allyn, Porter, Allanon]

The man waits patiently as each of the guests takes their seats at the table, simply watching those around him as they go about their interactions and perhaps light snacking or drinking, if it interests them. He is sure to wait for everyone to be comfortable as possible, and the Rune Wizard is already quite welcoming on his own, as if he were the host, instead. How kind.

"Hello to you, gracious host," the hooded chap Allanon said amicably. "Would you like a spot of coffee?"

He accepts the mans offer, and when he receives his cup, he gracefully thanks him. The host then asks for the sugar and starts to prepare it to his liking. The man hears the Lady Kiri and dismisses it politely with grace and tact, swiftly nodding his head in her direction with a respectful, but silent greeting.

"Correct me, but weren't more people invited?" The Vigilante of Haragot asked rather bluntly.

"Yes, I believe there should be two more visitors to arrive today. However, not all our guests are required to show." The Host responded to the vigilante's question. "As not all guests are required to attend, I am to start promptly at sunset. Which as it so happens, is just about now." The man further goes on to explain.

"The Observer would like to thank each of you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to meet with us, especially on such vague circumstances. He also would like to give sincere apologies for being unable to host this meeting personally."

"The purpose of this meeting is to discuss certain issues that pertain to the risk and likely downfall of our peacetime within the Kingdom of Pragia. Keeping this in mind, if you do not believe this issue is of your concern feel free to leave at anytime, I am sure no one will be offended."

"As you may or may not know, the Observer is a title given to a rather auspicious information dealer. He is reputable, not only for his excellent prices and professionalism, but also for his accuracy. Be assured that the information I am about to give you today in our discussions can be trusted as reliable fact." He waves to his servants who begin to pass out folders to each of the guests. Inside, each person will find information on themselves, very accurate and detailed information, even down to details they wouldn't normally catch about themselves. "Each of you where hand picked by the Observer himself."

"Please do not inquire as to why you where selected, because I do not know. Though the Observer didn't make me privy to such reasons, I can assure you that what ever his reasons for selecting you were, I trust that they are sound. As for the files I have been instructed to give to you, you may do with them as you wish." Clearly giving the impression that perhaps he hasn't even looked at their contents, nor does he care.

Lady Kiri will probably take note, if she goes through the papers that there are currently two bounty hunters that are hired to take the life of her father. They have been hired to conduct their business within the last 24 hours, though no mention of the person who hired them is present. Information about both bounty hunters is present: This includes a fairly good likeness of the two men, as well as general information on their names and past job history.

To the Vigilante: Inside his folder, he will find a list of twelve suspects for his secret identity. The likenesses of these suspects varies slightly but very close to his true identity. He will also find the names of three bounty hunters which are currently hunting for him.

Within Allanon's folder, there are many receipts and paperwork regarding his financial records over the past dozen or so years--including the names of several debt collectors and owners of businesses that he has worked for in the past. Also within is an expertly detailed blue print of his current home, even down to the arrangement of pretty much everything. For a second, he may assure himself that more troublesome artifacts of his own creation have gone unnoticed, but he does locate another piece of paper detailing in fine print the location and functions of each individual item, and the possibility that certain people(s) may attempt to find said items illegally or attempt to take his life to acquire them.

Porter will find a list of information that includes his personal information of whom all he has worked for, as well as what jobs and/or tasks that he has fulfilled under contract (both verbal and written contractual), but also the names of each person he has slept with and detailed information on the places he frequents and more, personal information on his very family members--including information about them that he did not previously have knowledge of. Each of the sexual partner's health information is also provided, some of which does not bode well for the well man's health. Fortunately, most which are listed have a cure and treatment within the current health system. Additionally, this also includes a list of Porter's bastard children, of which total up 17, all with various genders and names, none of which share a single last name.

The folder of the Trickster is by far the largest and thickest of the bunch of papers that have been placed on the table. Within this large stack is a group of descriptions of various appearances of young women, different names and aliases, various back stories and family names, possible crimes and thefts, as well as a list of names of possible original identities for which Allyn may have been born under--one of those is her true identity, her birth name...

While each of the members that are present go through the paperwork before them, the host remains quiet and patient, allowing for ample time for each guest to sate their curiosity and scavenge through the details before them. When he feels as though enough time has passed by, he stands to bow politely and quietly introduced himself.

"You may call me Gerard, and as your host, I will be ready to begin our business when you all are, as well. Let me know when you are ready to proceed and I will be happy to begin with the information you have yet to obtain."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th April 2014, 9:42 pm

“So who are you in relationship to this Observer? Just an errand boy or do you actually hold some clout with him? Or are you really the Observer and just trying to fool us?” Porter may not have the intellectual tools that others do, but he knows people. He has heard about the observer, any person with his experience would.

This host places a folder in front of all of them. His has his name written on it that much he knows. He peeks over at Kiri's and the name is different. Based on that he has to assume that it is about the people. “Wow I don't know if I should be scared or impressed that I am on the 'Observer's' list. Wow Allyn, you are a fun little lady. Look how thick that is. You must live life to it's fullest.”

Porter has not touched his folder other than to read the cover. He doesn't care what is inside knowing all pertinent information would be shared. The others show differing expressions when reading their folders. It was fun to see them.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th April 2014, 1:52 pm

[Attn: Open]

Allanon picked up the folder and read through it. His eyebrows raise. Well. That's informative.

"Really? My life?" he commented aloud when he got to murderers. "Over a continuous heating shower? Hot water apparently is to die for!" He scratched Blinky's ears.

He looked around at the others, blinking at Allyn's. Yeesh, that girl was trouble, it seemed. "I appreciate the warnings and I'll give your employer my compliments on his resourcefulness on acquiring this treasure trove." Porter did pose a good question, but until evidence proved the contrary, it was best to treat the man's words at face value. "And I'll 'assume--'" he shot a grin at the Vigilante "--that everyone else's folder contains much the same. Really, Allyn, I should like to hear the tale that is your life over a fire and good cake. I sit at the ready."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th April 2014, 10:40 pm

[ATTN: Allanon, Open]

Allyn blew out her cheeks in disappointment as their host introduced himself as - well, not the Observer. She shouldn't have expected anything to be fair. That was naive of her. But then there was no law against hoping.

She took the folder as offered to her, hefting it in her hands. She crossed her legs and opened it up in her lap, keeping it's contents hidden from the others as she scanned through it. For a moment, her expression was serious, especially as she landed on on profile in particular...

But she looked up with a wry grin as Allanon spoke. "I'll see if I can find a week to tell that tale," she said, winking at Allanon and snapping the folder shut. She leaned back, looking towards their host expectantly.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 14th April 2014, 12:08 am

[ATTN: Trickster Allyn, The Vigilante, Lady Kiri, Allanon, Porter]

Gerard is ready to wait patiently for some time as each of the guests look through their folders. However, Porter wastes no time at all, merely glancing at its cover and then leaving it closed. The man apparently has no interest in reading the information before him. He raises an eyebrow at the man's comment.

“So, who are you in relationship to this 'Observer?' Just an errand boy or do you actually hold some clout with him? Or are you really the Observer and just trying to fool us?” Porter asks him.

"I can assure you that I am most certainly not the Observer. That is, if you could take my word for it." Gerard replies, "Otherwise, I am what I am and only the Observer knows my true worth. Even if you seized me now and tortured me, all in the attempt to pry his name from me, your attempt would be futile. I run errands when it is necessary--I do everything else that is asked of me by my master. At times, I work with others, like myself, sometimes I oversee, sometimes I don't. We hold no fixed positions as the Observer's Agents. We all are mercurial and we are where we need to be, when we need to be. The Observer knows us better than we know ourselves. If you peered into those folders, you would understand."

Time goes by and both the Wizard and the Trickster seem to be finished with their brief search of themselves, making playful remarks to each other as they finish and then waiting patiently with the rest. The Vigilante appears quite engrossed in his folder in particular. However, he notices the pause of everyone possibly waiting on him.

"Don't hold up on my account." He says, waving them on, though his eyes remained on the papers before him, flitting up for only a brief moment every so often.

"Very well, then!" Gerard says, clearing his throat. "Before we begin, I will give a brief synopsis over the group of people known as "The Protectorates." The Protectorates, as you well know, are our political representatives within the Kingdom of Pragia, selected by the people to handle political issues for the people. These selected individuals have given an oath to assure that their allegiances remain to the people of Pragia and that should any politically corrupt person have power, that they will find them and strip them of that power."

"What has not gone noticed by the vast majority is that much of the country has been taken over by those loyal to the Protectorate. These secret members show no obvious signs that would indicate full membership of this group, but the Observer has seen these signs. The coup recently attempted against the King was, in no small part, instigated by those loyal to the Protectorate's cause." At the end of this phrase, Gerard's eyes stop on Lady Kiri and his speech falters to give room for any inquiries as his eyes then wander from guest to guest.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 15th April 2014, 11:39 am

All

Lady Kiri looks over the file. She feels like this man known only as the observer knows more about her then she knows about herself. She looks over the paper and then looks at everyone else. She could have gone mad. Her father was going to be assonated. She was about to say something when Gerald continued on.

She swallows hard when his look stopped at her. She knew some of what he was talking about. Her father had indeed been a member of the group against her and her mother’s wishes. Sense then she had been hunting and working, trying to make a living. Even her own uncle had turned her away. She had been angry with her father, but she still loved him. She does not mention anything about it as she looks up at the man.

“This information that is here, I don’t understand. It is almost as if he can see into the future. Why are things not changed if he can? Or am I wrong assuming that this is the truth and that he only observes the current information?” she asked. She looked at him in the eyes. She knew he knew what had happened with the failed attempt.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2014, 11:47 am

Allanon yawned. "Politics never interested me overmuch," he said as he put a hand over his mouth, "and a bloody coup seems to be the general recipe for political upheaval.

"That said, I can't say I've disliked this current peace I've found myself in since the man's reign, not to mention civil wars are a bloody affair and too many good men are killed and not enough nobles by half. I would assume it's more complex than just warning the king, then, otherwise we would not be here."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th April 2014, 9:40 am

[ATTN: Group]

None of this information on the Protectorate was news to her - she did make a habit of keeping up with politics, after all. Watching political drama was almost as entertaining as going to the theater.

She leaned forward as he continued though, clearly interested. As his eyes darted to the princess, so did hers; but she looked away quick enough, one hand on her chin and her legs crossed. "Go ooooon," she said.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 19th April 2014, 2:55 pm

[Attn: Meeting]

The papers before him where concerning, but even though he poured through them he was still catching a fair chunk of what was being explained. This Observer had detailed reports on so many suspects and even on some of the hunters after him... well them actually. Then again there was no exact telling when this file had been given to the man, and though Evon didn't see himself in the papers that didn't mean much. Somehow the messenger had located Evon and left that invitation. It stood to reason that the Observer knew his identity and had merely either left it out or that these papers where made prior to that. At least one benefit was that if these papers where stolen then he didn't have to worry about his identity being blown.

The conversation was starting to revolve around higher politics, civil unrest and all other such troubling concerns of the realm. Personally such matters didn't mean much, though it did tend to filter down to those Evon did strive to protect. Had he ever removed a politician, well yes, but it very rarely assisted in making the condition better in the short run and sometimes not even in the long run.

Cut off the head of the snake you know, and one you didn't would soon take it's place. Kind of like the little 'princess' father trying to usurp the King. The Protectoriate was not all too altruistic, they wanted lots of better conditions and concessions but some of those would lead to greater problems in the long run. After all leading a riot to force change often caused more deaths and injuries even when they where successful. Though Evon didn't see himself as an assassin or a murder, he understood that sometimes those types of people actually did far greater good with less backlash then mobs of people or groups such as this. After all how long had they and the Nobles been at odds? Far too long, but that seemed it might be coming to a head.

These people might have actually done the smart thing. They had bidded their time, gathered their strength, and where getting ready to use it to fight back. At least some people aren't idiots and fought pointlessly without any chance of success.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top