Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journeys and Adventures

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 2 Empty Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2014, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

It was a gorgeous sunny day in the city of Maplevale. The morning rush had already passed, and with school not yet started for another few weeks, the traffic was at calm levels--save the rush of the teenagers with cars. The city was expanding rapidly with the new jobs that the energy and technology plants were opening bringing new people to it. The city had begun to swell from a population of 100,000 to nearly 200,000 in the span of half a decade. The construction jobs prevalent to deal with the expansion had been numerous, but it was dying down finally. Thankfully. It was still growing rapidly, beginning to earn the nickname "mini-metropolis." It boasted numerous parks, a growing expanse of skyscrapers, a few large lakes, and two centers of learning renowned for their academia nationwide--one of them Ivy League. In short, life was good in the city.

Jericho meditated on the roof of the city, trying to focus his power, trying to understand it. He still was unsure of what to do with this power. Becca was still trying to get him to put on some ridiculous outfit and "hero it up" with her. Still couldn't believe that had become a reality.

But was that what his powers were meant for? There was the argument that power not used was no better than having none at all. There was also the argument that great power carried great responsibility--the Spider-Man credo--but just because you had the power were you necessarily obligated to the world around you to use it?

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

Jericho sighed. He'd been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even felt Becca's presence. His face made a grimace that faded when he saw Becca in her civvies and not in her "Vivacious" uniform.

"You always do that," she grumbled, folding her arms. "I'm doing some good out there."

"I didn't say a word," Jericho said, closing his eyes and trying to return to meditating.

"You don't have to," she snapped, "your face says it for you. Look, I messed up and am trying to make up for it like you taught me!"

"I don't recall telling you to name yourself 'Vivacious,'" he said with an unsuppressed smile.

She made a face. "You're a real smug bastard, y'know that?"

"Guilty," he added with a laugh.

"Hey!" she said grabbing his arm and pulling him up. "Enough with the monk stuff! I'm hungry!"

Jericho popped an eye open to look at her. "You're a grown woman," he commented. "Go and get yourself something to eat."

Suddenly, he felt a spike of energy and saw a glowing ball of golden light in Becca's hands. She looked highly disgruntled.

"I don't wanna eat alone," she said. "And just like you helped me, it's my job to help you. And all this antisocial behavior just isn't good for you."

Jericho sighed. "I take it that means you're gonna badger me until I agree to go?"

"You're a fast learner!" Becca said cheerfully.

Jericho sighed. "Alright, let's go..." he said getting up.

"Yay!" Becca exclaimed, jumping for joy. "And hurry up! I've got orientation in an hour!"

Jericho sighed again. This girl was nothing but trouble...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 2 Empty Re: Journeys and Adventures

Post by Red 20th April 2014, 11:05 pm

[ATTN: Tam]

"Um, I -" he cut himself off as a thought came from her, loud and clear, noting that he was cute. "I, Ill come with you," he said quickly, his face barely going red as he tried to recover. "She might get lost in there." If she appeared again at all. How could this girl see her...? Could she see other ghosts?

"And I know a shortcut," he lied. "Well a long cut. But less crowded." He could take her by one of his regulars and see what happened.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th April 2014, 11:15 pm

"The library's just over there," she replied. "I'm not worried about crowds, the sooner we get there--"

"Woooooooo! Alpha Theta Omega dogs!"

A group of rowdy boys slammed into Terry, knocking him aside as they went by chanting. "Who's the best! Stomps the rest! Hands down, we pass the test!"

People's attention were called as the group broke out into a dance and chant number, prompting clapping from the crowd. They finished with a mighty "Alpha Theta Omega!!!'

Tam rolled her eyes, many insults toward the moronic, self-absorbed, group slaved, hormone driven imbeciles driving through her mind as she tried to get away from them, dragging Terry along with her without hesitation. "Yeah...we gotta get outta here, dude."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th April 2014, 11:18 pm

He could feel her irritation like a blow to the head, amplified more than he was used to due to him locking in on her mind. To be honest, he felt the same.

She grabbed his wrist, starting to drag him away from he frat bros - he shouldn't have expected his plan to work anyway, but it was still disappointing. "Oh!" he said, jogging behind her. "I'm Terry, sorry."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st April 2014, 6:15 am

[Attn: Ryan]

Julie blinks. "Um...well, thanks," she says, lowering her hands. "I guess that's true. Still. Hard to watch anyone struggling like that. But if you're sure you don't want any help..." She pauses for a moment and looks through the storefront. "Guess I'll be off. Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated." Then she takes off, leaving a couple flyers behind on the counter anyway, just in case and college students did actually want to go and get hitched or something.

Renee darts around at home, a toothbrush sticking out of her mouth, and hair unbrushed and wild. She slides down into the kitchen to get a cup then turns and races back upstairs where she fills it with water and rinses over the sink. Without stopping to brush her hair, she ties the mess back and slips on an un-ironed blouse and jeans, rolling up the sleeves just below her elbows and pant legs just above her ankles. Grabbing her keys and glasses, she crashes through the front door, grabbing a bagel as she heads out. "Hi, mom! Thanks for breakfast! Bye mom!" she says as she passes a woman sitting at the kitchen table in a police uniform, holding a newspaper.

Three steps from the house, she pauses and doubles back, racing back through the front door. "MOM! Can you-"

"Get in the car, Renee," Angela says to her daughter calmly, and without looking up from the paper.

"Thanks!" Renee says, bolting back through the front door and to the car, resting out front.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd April 2014, 7:50 pm

"Oh. Right." Tam says, eager to get out of the area, but still listening as she moves quickly towards the library. "Call me Tam. Dance Major."

She moves up closer to the building as she realizes she's never been in the library before. Sure, it probably looks like all of the other libraries--filled with books...but, there's no question that she'll probably get lost in here.

"Don't suppose you know your way around the place?" Tam asks as the reach the doors finally. "I've never been in here before."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 24th April 2014, 12:28 pm

Terry hesitated at the doors. "Uh, no, me neither," he said. He didn't even go to this school, but it certainly seemed like she thought he did. He could say that now, but... would that just weird her out more? Maybe she'd leave, he didn't know how these Ivy league kids worked. And besides, what if they needed a student ID to get into the library.

"We'll find our way out eventually," he joked, hiding his nerves.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 27th April 2014, 8:37 am

[ATTN: Terry]

"Alrighty, then." Tam says with a slight shrug. She opens the doors and looks in at the great building, intimidated by the library's size immediately. Why do libraries always do that? She thinks to herself as she walks forward to the front desk.

The woman doesn't even bother to look up at them, so she just moves up to her and the desk lady looks up with a stern look and whispers. "May I help you?"

"Yes, have you seen a young girl come through here?" Tam asks in a returning whisper. "She looked about....like she was fifteen or sixteen. We saw her come in this direction."

The woman raises an eyebrow, shaking her head. "No. I'd have noticed if a child came in here. But if you have to search for her to be sure, fine, but don't make too much noise, are we clear?"

"Yes, ma'am." Tam says, nodding her head and then gesturing for Terry to follow as she moves onward into the bulk of the building where many bookshelves threatened to fall down upon her. She was always paranoid about that, secretly.

"Now...where the crap are the mystery books?" Tam whispers aloud to herself. "This place is huge..."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 27th April 2014, 11:06 am

"Does the Uni library even stock fun books...?" he muttered to himself as he started to follow after Tam. He paused a moment. "Wait hold on," he whispered, running back to the front desk - or rather, to the rack of newspapers near the front desk. He gave the librarian a nervous smile as he grabbed one of the newest ones, hesitated, then started shuffling through them looking for older editions.

He fumbled as he found them, nearly dropping them on the ground. "Sorry," he whispered, as she gave him a dirty look, and he turned to run and catch up with Tam. "Been a while since I've read the paper," he said lamely as he started to flip through the first one, looking for the obituaries.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 30th April 2014, 4:27 pm

[Attn: Terry, Open]

Tam just shrugged at Terry. "Let's find the mystery section," she said.

With that, she charged forward until she found what she was looking for. She checked the entirety of the mystery section, yet found nothing. Disconcerted, she looked at him.

"Maybe she changed her mind..." she said with a shrug.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 30th April 2014, 5:01 pm

Terry wasn't paying the least bit of attention to Tam as he fumbled with the pile of papers in his arms. Nothing in the recent paper, or the week before that, or even the week before that - he ran out of papers before he managed to find her. Nothing on the front page of any of them either, no murders or the like - was she just an older ghost?

He frowned and went back to the first paper. Maybe she was in missing persons? He flipped pages with one hand, cradling the papers in his other arms as he looked -

There she was. Few weeks ago, an article on missing girls. Plural. His eyes narrowed with concern. He couldn't remember seeing any ghosts like her in the last few weeks but maybe he just wasn't paying attention.

Terry blinked, looking up to see Tam looked at him, confusion and uncertainty dancing through her thoughts. It suddenly dawned on him that she had been trying to speak to him. "Oh, uh, yeah," he said. "Maybe."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 30th April 2014, 6:31 pm

[Attn: Terry, Open]

"Huh," Tam said. "Well, I'm just gonna report seeing her to the campus security. All I can do at this point. See ya, I guess."

Loud music blared, though muffled slightly. Tam turned to the windows and walked to one and looked outside. There, she saw more fraternities doing their dancing. Recruiting weeks; how she despised them.

There were green kappa sigmas, maroon theta whatever, and a million other brainless, pussy-driven losers. She rolled her eyes as she watched some of them hit on women walking by. They were idiots if they fell for their shit. Then she saw--Those horny, chauvinistic douchebags.

"Asshats..." she grumbled. They were very obviously flirting with a group of girls being led by a girl in a suit. Campus tours for prospective students. Those girls weren't even legal and they knew it. Probably didn't care...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 30th April 2014, 8:25 pm

[ATTN: Tam, Open]

"Yeah," he said, folding up the newpapers in a wad. "Yeah. Seeya around." That was a lie if he ever heard one. He watched her go to the window as music blared, but he wasn't paying attention to that.

He had nothing to go on here, but it was looking like those missing girls - well, at least one of them - weren't so much missing as they were dead. It disturbed him. But there was nothing he could go on here, and Talia and the other ghosts sitting around the other campus were probably waiting.

Tonight. He'd come back tonight. Terry took his leave as Tam was looking out the window, wandering out of the stacks and searching for the front door.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st May 2014, 2:01 pm

"There you are!"

Jericho sighed. How did the girl manage to find him wherever he went? He had found a quiet area of campus to meditate and it felt like he'd just sat down. "Orientation can't be over already, it hasn't been ten minutes even."

Becca chuckled. "Wrong, boyo," she said, "it's been an hour and ten minutes."

He opened his eyes. "Really?"

She looked at him. "How you can sit here being boring for over an hour, I'll never know."

He hopped to his feet in an instant. "I gotta go," he said. "See ya later!"

Before she could even form a reply, he'd dashed off, speeds no ordinary human could hope maintain for very long. She shook her head. "And he's always on me about keeping a low profile." She sighed. "Now I have to find something to do..."

[Attn: Danny]

A car sped by, police in hot pursuit, sirens blaring. It cut through the sidewalk, nearly mowing down a few innocent bystanders before getting back on the road.

[Attn: Liza]

Ryan came out of the stock room, sweating, looking slightly pained. "Alright, Liz," he said. "I'm calling it. Boss said I could end my shift early once I got all the stock loaded. Don't let'im work ya too hard." He gave her his usual sly wink and headed to the back to clock out.

"There you are!"

Becca squatted down at the bar. "I'll have a Mai Russian," she said in that deep voice.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 1st May 2014, 2:37 pm

[Attn: Car Chase]

As Omniman floats over the city, he hears the sirens blaring in the distance, and turns, seeing the red and blue flashing lights round a bend. The cars blast around the park and Omniman sighs, flying down to join the chase. In seconds he's caught up, appearing as little more than a red and white blur as he darts by onlookers and pedestrians, kicking up a gust that ruffles clothes and sends papers flying. He pulls up to the driver side window. "Afternoon," he says. "I don't suppose there's any chance you'd pull over?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st May 2014, 3:40 pm

[Attn: Omniman]

As he pulled up to the driver side window, he'd find a robotic device steering the car. It looked at him, a light shone red on its "face", then it immediately sped up the car. It drove wildly, crashing through buildings and at groups of people who tried to swerve out of the way. Some weren't lucky.

Immediately, it rounded another corner where a group of kids were centered and beelined for them. The children were paralyzed with fear.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st May 2014, 3:52 pm

[ATTN: Becca]

Liza looked up and nodded as Ryan spoke. "Yeah, seeya round - "

She paused, hearing a familiar voice from the counter, and with a sigh and a smile turned to see Becca. "Yeah, sure," she said, grabbing a glass from beneath the counter. She turned to the back of the bar, found a bottle of water, and dumped it in the glass. "One 'Mai Russian'" she said, setting the glass of water down in front of her. "You're back quick."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st May 2014, 3:57 pm

Becca chuckled mischievously as Liza pushed the water her way. "Yeah, orientation was over--and kind boring. Buncha stuffshirts who were all 'grades grades grades!'" she said with a yawn. A mischievous gleam took her. "You get off soon? I know a few places where the action is...off the map places..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st May 2014, 4:00 pm

Liza sighed. "Nah," she said. "Not even close. My coworker Ryan is sporting an injury, so we're down one and they got me on overtime." Of course, she was really gonna be out of here in three hours tops to make room for the night shift, but she stilled had her plans.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 1st May 2014, 4:16 pm

[Attn: Car Chase]

Omniman hesitates for a moment at the sight of the machine. But as it speeds ahead, causing unknown degrees of havoc, he narrows his eyes and races on. Soon, however, it would appear that the car had lost him. No sooner is that, than the car suddenly leaves the ground. Omniman flies up from a manhole and lifts the vehicle up, before flipping it over and setting it down on its roof. He pulls each of the wheels off, including the steering wheel, and looks around at the destruction it left in its wake. People were hurt. Some badly. He crushes the door frames in to hold them together like a makeshift prison and flies to the cops. Then he slips off the hood cover of the vehicle and turns back to the path of destruction left by the thing, getting ready to fly off and help injured civilians.

Julia had been in a cab when the "excitement" rolled by. Everything happened so fast. Her cab was sideswiped and tipped over. Now she is over the temporary headache and sees her cabbie unconscious. She manages to get up and force open the side door that faces the sky, then pulls the Middle-Eastern man out before seeing the police around the flipped car in the distance. She drags the cabbie to the curb. "Hey, wouldja do me a favor and see that he gets to the hospital? My phone got busted in the wreck," she asks of someone nearby. Then she slinks off.

Last edited by Ink on 1st May 2014, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st May 2014, 4:18 pm

Becca made a face. "Oh well. I'm just assuming, anyway. You kinda have to have street cred, but you look like you can handle yourself." She downed her water and hopped to her feet. "I'll be back," she said in a German accent. "Tomorrow," she added, sticking out her tongue.

[Attn: Omniman]

As he was hemming the doors in, metal tentacles shot out of the windows of the car--and some through the metal of the doors, coiling around Omniman in an instant, attached to the head of the machine that had been driving the vehicle. It latched onto him and the red light started flashing rapidly. In seconds, a megaton explosion rocked the air.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 1st May 2014, 4:46 pm

[Attn: Robot]

Omniman hears the shifting of metal and uses the hood of the vehicle to try and sheer away the tentacles, but once one has his arm, he loses his weapon. Soon he's entangled. When he sees the flashing light, his eyes widen. He looks to his left for a moment. "Oh no you don't. Not by this building. I JUST finished helping construct it!" He flies up with the machine still clinging, getting it clear away from bystanders and anywhere it could do any damage. When the blast lets out, he's cleared the rooftops and is sent hurdling upward into the air.

While Miss America helps with rounding people up and getting them to ambulances, she turns her head to the sky at the blast and watches. "God in heaven," she says to herself.

"Ow..." Omniman says as he begins to fall back to the earth.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st May 2014, 5:16 pm

Jericho felt rumbling in the air as he was running, looking up to see a large explosion in the distance. What was that...?

He shrugged. Not important. He was gonna be late if he didn't hurry.

[Attn: Open/All]

All across the city, televisions suddenly changed stations as three orbs with a T in the center appeared. "We are the Trinity," came a distorted female voice. "We are the light in the darkness, rooting out your sins and bringing justice."

A picture appeared, showing an older man. "Theodorus Maximillian. Tycoon and owner of some of the largest shale enterprises in the state of Kansas. Billionaire philanthropist and family man. The light has found you."

Images of men dumping canisters appeared on the screen. "Illegal dumping." Images of him with women wearing next to nothing or nothing at all. "Illegal prostitution." Images of sweatshops and him backhanding a child off of his seat. "Abusing children in other countries." Images of documents. "Embezzlement. The list goes on and on. You have been brought to the light of justice, Mr. Maximillian." Immediately, the screen blanked out and what had been on the television resumed.

Becca had turned in rapt attention as she watched the television spectacle. Everyone knew of the trinity by now. A group of hackers determined to route out injustice. They always put the video live when they brought a person down and streamed it live over untraceable lines on the internet. Sites would be abuzz about them now.

"They're so cool...!" Becca breathed.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 1st May 2014, 5:44 pm

"Gotcha!" Miss America says, racing in and catching Omniman as he plummets from the sky. "You all right?"

"I'll live," Omniman says, holding his head and catching himself in the air with Ms. America helping him to the ground.

Renee sits in the building with little time remaining between now and freedom, when the entire building hears the massive explosion in the distance. Then the broadcast goes out. The combination gets them to open the doors early and send kids home. Renee leaves through a back exit, throwing on a makeshift mask, goggles, and a haphazardly cobbled together "costume". "Doesn't take a genius to know mom's not pickin' me up. Traffic's gonna suck anyway. Might as well take the scenic route."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st May 2014, 10:00 pm

Liza watched with considerably less excitement, and she shrugged. "Yeah, I guess," she said. She commended them for what they did, but she wasn't going to fangirl like Becca was. That was just undignified.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd May 2014, 11:23 am

Tam walks into the campus police building, looking about for a person to talk to. There's a woman at a desk who smiles politely and asks if she can help her in any way. Tam nods her head and walks forward.

"Yes, please. I'm a student here, but I was walking to class when I saw a little girl on campus, without an escort of any kind. She looked about....fourteen or fifteen? I lost track of her and I just wanted to let you guys know to be on the lookout, in case she gets herself into any trouble. You know how kids are." Tam says.

The woman sighs and massages the bridge of her nose. "Another one," she grumbles under her breath. "Look, kid, we haven't forgotten about the missing girls. The police are doing everything in their power to find them. You're only hindering our investigations by these...'demonstrations.'"

"I don't know know what you are talking about." Tam says with a dismissive shrugs. "I don't know anything about no missing kids. I only saw one. If I didn't report the sighting, I'd feel guilty and then blame myself if anything happened to her. It's that simple. Now I have brought it to you and it is off my conscience."

Tam exits the building, clearly irritated at the bitch. What a shitty cop. I'm reporting her ass...she's gonna go down.

---------------------------------------

Thomas has looked all morning with no luck. This is harder work than he realized. At his home city and the other cities that he is most familiar with, this is one of the easier steps, considering he knows where the hotspots are and how to find the right kind of bait for his target, but...this city is new to him. He doesn't know anyone here or where they would go and although it is easy to ask these sorts of questions, it is hard to ask the type of questions to get the exact location for the bait that he is searching for.

He is walking down a sidewalk, casually looking about for anything or anyone that might interest him. It will take too long at this rate--his target will need to do this soon. Maybe tonight? Maybe the night after? And if this is his home city...then, he'll already know where to do the hunting. He may even go for someone that he already knows. Thomas has to catch up, he simply has to.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top