Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FTL Empty FTL

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2015, 3:11 am

"Die, you crajankas!"

Energy fire shot through the air in multicolored streams as the two local gangs blasted up four entire city blocks. Their feuding had been building up for a while, and when one of their leaders turned up dead, each blamed the other, until finally it escalated into full on war. The local authorities were no match for their firepower. All attempts to quell their fury had met with serious casualties.

As the area around them was reduced to slag, the air rippled and seemed to twist. Suddenly, a cloaked young woman was standing in the midst of their battle. Her cloak shimmered and twisted, stars and galaxies seemed to glow, move, and pulse within it.

"Maaaaaaan!" the girl exclaimed, stretching. "That was the longest 20 microseconds ever!"

"Who's that byana!"

"Is she with them?!"

The girl looked curiously around. "Byana...?" Her eyes glowed varigated colors. "Hey! That's rude!" she exclaimed. "Calling someone a bitch?! Have some respect!"

"Kill her!"

Blasts of energy shot at her--and went through her cloak and out the other side as if she wasn't there, slagging a wall opposite her. "Hey!" she growled. She looked around at them. "What? Did I come to a war planet? Sheesh! It's clear that you don't have any manners! I'll just have to teach you..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

FTL Empty Re: FTL

Post by Ink 15th April 2015, 2:19 pm

Piper rounds a corner, running with a hand cannon in each hand but her FTL Gear missing. "Run away. Run away. Run away. Run Away!" A massive, rodent-like, alien brute charges around the corner, clipping the wall in pursuit of her. Piper swivels around, taking a few pot shots whilst running backwards and turns back around. "'Your skills will suffice,' they said. 'Just a small rodent infestation,' they said. Giant alien rat monster does NOT equal 'small rodent infestation'!" Piper dives into a small corridor. "As soon as I find the kid that stole my gear, ohoho. I am going to-"

Piper emerges on the other end of the corridor to find a hidden underground parish, filled with homeless alien children in rags, huddled around and playing with the FTL Gear as a toy. "...give him a VERY stern talking to. Blasted conscience."

In a matter of hours, Piper barges into her client, the royal house's throne room, towing the beast in a gravity trap and holding the child's hand as he trots in behind her. Only the princess is present, however. "Scuse me, love, but I'd like a few words with your pop. I think the first one's going to be 'You' and the second one's going to be 'Arse'."

"Yes, father thought you might be... disgruntled."

Piper crosses her arms. "The word you're looking for is 'livid,' love. Now where is the wanker?"

"I am here, terran," the king says, stepping in from another room. "And I'm glad to see you've-"

"Yeah, yeah, I've passed your test. That's all good and well. I'll send you my bill after I've done whatever the job is. Sure. Why do you have children living in the bloody sewers?"

The king and princess look to one another. "We weren't aware that... our population is rather large, terran. We-"

"Save your excuses. Promise me you'll do better."

"I..."

"Promise," Piper says, narrowing her eyes.

"I promise?" the king says.

Piper unfolds her arms and holds her hands behind her head. "I'll be holding you to that, yeah? Now, what do you want?"

Some time later, Piper appears on a rooftop when a racket begins to rip through the streets. "And that's my cue." She leaps off to handle the situation but it's over as quickly as it began. The fire between a number of gangs had halted at the intervention of a very peculiar woman. "Ooh. Someone beat me to it." She then uses her FTL Gear to appear in the street, hand cannons at the ready. "Oh, this'll never do. Who would dare throw a hoorah without Piper?! Scandalous, I say, scandalous!"
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2015, 10:08 pm

There was a new player to the scene. She also appeared out of nowhere and was armed to the teeth. But her aura...

"You're from Earth?" she asked, popping over to where the girl was. "If you don't mind my asking, where--"

"They came in pairs!"

"Bounty hunters! Ace'em!"

Sigrid rolled her eyes, but threw up an energy barrier around the pair of them. "Sorry, you don't strike me as laser proof. Gimme a sec..."

Her eyes glowed variegated colors and a ball of energy shot out of her hands, flying over six meters in the air before letting out a giant pulse. Immediately, the gangsters grunted as their guns were pulled out of their hands--and every other metallic object within almost 17 meters. A giant ball of metal loomed over their heads.

Sigrid looked in horror. "Oops..." Immediately, she grabbed her newfound companion and reappeared 30 meters away as the thing fell to the ground and exploded.

"Take cover!"

"Aaagh!"

"Dammit!" Sigrid growled as large pieces of metal flew in their direction. Several pieces slammed into her before a large block flew into her chest, sending her flying backward. "Ow...!"

The aftermath saw several gang members decimated and others injured. But not all of them were down.

"Let's...get'em!" one said, coughing.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 15th April 2015, 10:27 pm

Piper places a hand on her hip as the glowy woman speaks. She glances around when an energy barrier pops up around them and everything after that moves fast. Almost faster than she could process. She looks around and whistles. "That's an impressive lot of destruction, yeah? But'cha missed a spot. I've got it, love. You sit tight." Piper pulls her goggles down over her eyes and crackles her knuckles before vanishing in a flash of blue light. She pops up again, all around the remaining gangsters.

Eventually she once again stands across from the glowy lass, cradling all of the guns, once held by the gangsters. She drops them in place then presses a button on her wristband. The remaining gangsters are all violently electrocuted. Piper claps her hands together and places them on her hips, watching the light show. "Pity. Didn't even need the hand cannons. Ah well. Better to bring a gun to a knife fight than a knife to a gunfight... or was this a gunfight. I guess I brought a tank, then, yeah?"

She holds out her hand. "Piper. Earth. Machester, England, specifically. You're all glowin' 'n' stuff, but you look human otherwise. You're a mutant of some sort? Alien experiment or whatever? I'm guessing... cosmic energy? Ah, Blitz. Ya don't need me pryin into your past any more'n I need you in mine, I wager. Guess us freaky ones gotta stick together. So who might you be, my glowy lady friend?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2015, 2:54 am

"Ah! Thanks!"

This girl was so polite! She accepted her hand and got back up. "Thank you."

The girl spoke fast. "What I am...is complicated." Cause she didn't know. Was there an actual name for cosmically enhanced human? "But let's go with metahuman? Definitely not this way naturally..." She laughed nervously. She was babbling. "I...was from Ireland. A long time ago. Anyway, uh...thanks for the help. Uh...where am I? D'ya know?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 16th April 2015, 11:40 am

"Irish? Hm. Ya don't have much of an accent. Spent a lot of time out here, yeah?" She looks around and shrugs. "Odd question, but all right. We're in Vaneheim on the colony planet Keplaan Verge in the Iso System. I never caught your name. Kind of important. 'Less ya just want me to call you Glowy or some such. Maybe Jumpy's better. Why so nervous, Jumpy?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2015, 7:46 pm

"Oops!" she said, blanching. Her face took on a dramatic cast and she pulled her cloak up to her face. "I am the night terror. The wandering maniac! An Umbra of the dark!" She giggled and threw her head back in laughter. "But you can just call me Sigrid. Sorry not sorry," she added, making a silly face as she stuck out her tongue.

She turned and started walking in slow circles, getting a look around the place and memorizing the star coordinates in the sky. "And I'm not jumpy, just...not used to anyone asking." She put a lip to her finger in thought. "And it's kinda hard to explain, so...yeah. Just never really had to think about how to present it to others. So...ever heard of the M'hel...?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 16th April 2015, 8:06 pm

Piper snickers. "Oh, that's good! I can picture you with your own theme music 'n' ev'rything! Wish I had theme music. Bet it'd be all bouncy 'n'... Ah well," Piper says with a shrug. She glances off at nothing. "Yep. M'hel, Korvak, Rhondar, Ataxis, Qunin, Freor-5, Seranis, Vosk... Wait, you had some point in askin' me that. Sorry. Can't help it, sometimes, right? Human encyclopedia on all things alien. Well not all. About 98 percent... maybe. So why're you askin', huh, love?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2015, 10:40 pm

Her face screwed up in consternation. "Oh, well," she said with a shrug. "If you don't know, probably for the best. Trying to find them has been...weird." Her face brightened up. "Oh well! Let's see what this place has to offer! Uh...other than pitiful warfare." She looked to Piper. "So, what's interesting on this hunk of rock?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 16th April 2015, 11:21 pm

"Oi!" Piper cuts in. "You're just gonna give it up all easy like?" Piper stares in disbelief then blinks and FTL jumps right up on Sigrid in a flash of blue light. "We can't have that, now. What'cha need is an Intergalactic Problem Solver. Like me!" Piper pats herself down. "Oh, right. Note to self - business cards." She looks back to Sigrid. "If you're lookin' for the weirdos, I'm your girl. I'll help you look, yeah? First problem solved is free of charge, too. 'Sides, it's nothing too special around on this rock. Just a bunch'a green folks think they're better'n we are. A few blue ones, though. They're not too bad. Oh and don't eat the food. Gives ya night terrors somethin' awful." Piper shudders. "Anyhow, just say the say so 'n' I'll be off to help yah look for your people. All that sound good to you, milady?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th April 2015, 9:38 am

"Not giving up," she said, "just not in a hurry. Besides, lass, there may be a bit of the ol' cloak and dagger involved. Few people have heard of'em except in passing. It's part of a bigger trend, it seems, and it gives me the heebies something fierce." She blinked. "Look at me, blatherin' away. Guess you make a talker of me." She laughed.

"Food won't be a problem," she said mildly. "And I'm not one to turn down good company when offered, so whaddaya have in mind?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 18th April 2015, 9:33 pm

Piper blinks. "In mind? If ya don't need my help, then whataya wanna hang around me for? I'm not that int'restin'. I just sort of... do the stuff that I have a mind to or whatever. It's not so special, right? More people should try it. Even make a few credits if ya find a way to charge for it... ahem." Piper stretches and removes her FTL gear, tinkering with it for a moment. "Ya play a game of cat 'n' mouse or cops 'n' robbers for some big, important bloke. Or a less important bloke wants someone more important to look the part of the div. Ya get your pay, then ya get outta dodge. Ya had your fun, ya got your coin. Any ankle biter can figure that out, yeah? Long as ya don't go makin' any cock-ups, you're right as an asteroid rain." Piper straps her FTL Gear back on.

"If ya just want me to give ya a tour or somethin', I can do that, sure. But I become a bore somethin' dreadful in my off time... well... it's all off time. But, you know. The times I'm not shootin' some bleeder or punchin' some git with his own fist."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th April 2015, 11:17 pm

Sigrid laughed. "I don't get a chance to talk to people much," she said. "And you seem lively enough. Nice tech, by the way."

They cleared out quickly as police moved in. She didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of inane questions. Sometimes they wanted to claim "vigilantism" or "obstruction of justice." Nobody had time for that. She had Piper take her to local scenery. They had a series of volcanoes that had given life to an impressive greenery around them.

"Beautiful...!" she said breathlessly.

"Excuse me, ladies?"

She turned as an unassuming man approached them. He looked down on his luck and like he'd missed a few meals. Maybe she should eat something. She missed eating. It'd been a couple of years. She shook herself.

"How may we help you?" she asked.

"I--I'm sorry," he said apologetically. "But, there's talk all in the town about two girls who stopped a gang fight. I heard the description and saw you and...well, ya get the idea. I don't know if ya can help me, but I'm desperate. My ship was attacked a week back. My crew and I managed to get to escape pods, but the attackers got the others. I've been to the authorities, but they won't do anything. Please, ya gotta help me!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 18th April 2015, 11:49 pm

Piper lights up and steps around Sigrid. "Ya heard right, friend! Piper! Intergalactic Problem Solver! And it sounds like ya got yourself a problem. But why got to the authorities? Most 'round here couldn't find a crook sittin' on him." She pulls up a holographic interface. "If I could have ya put your information in there, I'll send ya the bill after the problem's dealt with."

Sigrid arches an eyebrow. "Di'n't you say first 'problem' was free of charge?"

"You're prettier'n he is," Piper says, while cycling through her holo-dex. "'Sides, you're all glowy. Could probably vaporize me just thinkin' about it, yeah? Don't wanna piss that off." Piper closes her Holo-Dex once the man's filled it out. "All right, friend, I'll get started right quick. What'sa name of your ship? Cargo would help too. And the registration info. Coordinates of where you were attacked... the more details the merrier."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th April 2015, 1:14 am

Sigrid laughed. "I like you, bird," she said with amusement. "And what kinda wanker ya take me for?" she added with a grin. "I just go hereabouts acting the maggot with energy blasts?" Maybe she should consider a different hood? Nah. This one just...seemed right.

"Y-you mean you'll help me?!" the man said in wonder. "Oh, thank you! Ship's name is the Arbiter. I load jus' about anythin' if the price is right, but this trip was just some rocks and samples from an excavation in the Bo'loni sector. As for coordinates, I can do you one better!" He pulled out a small transceiver device. "The ship has a built in homing beacon. This can take ya right to it, but I left it off so as not to alert the pirates--I'm sure they would have some way of detecting it. So be quick once you activate it."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th April 2015, 2:20 am

Piper grins and activates her FTL Gear. "I can do quick, yeah," she says. "Any particular way ya want me to deal with these bleeders? Hostages? Humiliation? Tombstones? Rusty pipe up the nethers? No one ever picks that one. Lot more merciful out here than on Earth, the weirdos. Earth... should pop by and check on pop when I get a chance. Beginnin' to miss fish 'n' chips, again." Piper brings up records on the ship, the make, schematics and manufacturing details. "You actually flew this crate through the blackness? Right impressive, that is. This bloody thing's a rust bucket!" Piper turns to Sigrid. "Well, it looks like I've got a job to be off on. Nice meetin' ya, love. Be seein' ya, yeah? Want me to drop you anywhere on my way? Not that you need it. Dunno. Maybe your... glowiness makes you tired sometimes?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th April 2015, 12:03 pm

"Thank you so much," he said. "I-I can't offer much, but if you're successful, I'm sure we can work something out."

"Hang on," she said. "He asked us both. And all I've been doing of late is foostering about, so I have all the time in the world." She gave her a cheeky grin. "'Sides, it'd be nice to see if you're all talk, bird." She stuck her tongue out at her.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th April 2015, 12:17 pm

"Ha! Hold on! 'All talk'? Are you... sassing me, Glowy? Excuse me a moment, love, but did you not see the part, earlier, where I did half your work for you?" Piper closes her holo-dex and crosses her arms with an equally cheeky grin. "It sounds an awful lot like I'm being challenged. Your daft if ya think I'm takin' that sittin' down, yeah?" She places her hands on her hips. "All right. Whoever deals with these gits first gets three quarters the spoils. This one pro'lly only has four coins to rub together, anyhow. Best not to worry about how much time ya got, love. You'll only need a second to watch me haul in these sorry larks. Rest of your day'll be free as a bird."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th April 2015, 3:31 pm

"I'll go way outta that," she said, still smiling, "but we'll see." She hid her hand behind her cloack and manipulated the ambient energy around her. A bar of gold appeared in her hand and she placed it in the man's hand. "Go sell that and get yourself a bite, eh, while I call this header on her bluffing."

She began walking on. "Lead the way, birdy, I'm looking forward to this."

Piper laughs. "Bluffing? Ohohoho, you best hold on to your knickers, love," she says as she reopens her holo-dex, syncing it to her holo-dex. "Le'see, here. Hack that. Bypass this. Access granted. And now the victory lap. Right, then. Now there's just one problem. How're we gonna get there? I mean, I can get there right easy wi'this gizmo on my back. But what about you? It only carries one."

"I can get around," she said. "But seeing as we have only one tracking device, we can hardly call that as fair." She thought for a moment. "Maybe we can rent a ship?"

The man looked down in wonder at the bar of pure gold in his hand. It gave a little in his hand. "Um...if'n ya need a ship, ladies," he began, still staring at the bar, "I know a guy that could rent you something, cheap. Owes me a favor. Just give'im the name Oroko. S'my name. Prolly help ya, anyway, if ya manage to get her back..."

Sigrid looked to Piper. "That sounds equitable," she said. "That way, we both can arrive."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 4th May 2015, 4:41 pm

"It's the best option we've got, right? Le's go see this bloke, then. "Where is this one? What's his name?" Piper holds a finger to her mouth. "Catch the bleeders, get the ship, bring it back, get the money. Then food. Hm... maybe we should do that now. I'm parched. Could zip on over to Earth and come back with a pizza. Pizza would be good about now. Say, Glowy, you eat pizza, yeah? Oh, wait, do you eat at all? You're all sparkly and stuff, so... I dunno... cosmic energy omelet? I know where to get a pretty good one... well I've heard it's good. I can't eat it, of course, but..."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th May 2015, 3:07 pm

"His name's Ch'anil. Runs a small little junker shop two clicks away from town," he told Piper, pointing back to the town. "I...appreciate the help." He looked down in shame. "And the kindness. I promise I'll pay it all back."

Sigrid shrugged. "Don't worry about the bar," she said, as Piper broke into a ramble. "Damn, birdy, slow down. I can only respond to one thing at a time." She laughed. "I can eat. Don't do it all that often, but I can. 'Sup to you. After all, I'd hate for you to say you couldn't perform cause you were hungry, la?" She waved a hand. "And a 'cosmic omelet' sounds interesting. After you."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th May 2015, 3:19 pm

"Wait, what? How's my performing connect to needing food? 'Sides, now's hardly the time for- Oh, you mean the mission! I thought, for a second, you meant... well, whatever. Maybe later. The mission, I can do real easy on an empty stomach, luv. Shouldn't take but thirty seconds or less. FTL Gear does most of the work. Punch a git here, shoot a bloke there, nothin' to it but to do it, right? So le's go see this guy, then, yeah? Then food. 'Cause seriously. Parched." Piper opens up her holodex, cycling through for the location of this Ch'anil's shop. Once she has a set of coordinates, she syncs up to her FTL Gear. "See ya there, luv." With that, Piper FTL Jumps straight to the shop.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th May 2015, 9:13 pm

"You skiving sneak!" Sigrid exclaimed with a laugh as the girl took off. She judged the distances, focused, then reappeared about a click past the city. She looked around and spotted the junker's yard in question. Another warp, and she appeared in the middle of it, gazing around for signs of the owner. Oh, and Piper. Her, too.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th May 2015, 12:44 am

Piper pokes her head around the corner and whistles. "Oi! Over hear, luv! Ya quite done sittin' 'round on your sparkling little arse? There's credits, yet, to be made!" She pops back around the corner and trots into the shop, looking around for this guy. "Hey. You wouldn't happen to be a bloke named Ch'anil, would you? A lady friend and I need to borrow a ship. Oroko sent us. She'll be around in a tic."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th May 2015, 12:58 am

A middle aged Cenarin--she was pretty sure that's what he was--looked around a junk pile and sighed. "I swear, that guy. Yeah, yeah, keep your shirt on, lady." He took a second look at Piper. "On second thought, feel free to take it off." Apparently, sexual harassment laws weren't as viable here as they were on Earth.

He walked past the two of them and around another pile. She followed, looking past him. "Ah." She made a face. "Ouch."

She didn't exactly know how to drive, so she hoped Piper could do that. Also...she didn't exactly know the going rate on space cruisers, but these things looked like the space equivalent of...what was that American slang? A hooptie.

"Um...no disrespect, sir, but...are you sure these are fit for space...?"

"Whaddaya mean?!" he said affronted. "I'd trust my own mother to these!" he said confidently, slapping one of them. Immediately, the thing shuddered, shook, made weird noises, then fell into a pile of scrap. "Except that one," he added with a nervous laugh. "Been sick.

"What's with the dubious expression?" he said. "You're taking this out on credit, ain't ya? I know how ol' Oroko works, I do. Don't look a gruber in the shanks, eh?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum