Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Moon Role-Play

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children of the Moon Role-Play Empty Children of the Moon Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 27th October 2016, 3:02 pm

Children of the Moon Role-Play Logo12

With an ache of yearning, moon-mother reached out with her light
So that her children may never feel alone, nor abandoned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent; Season: Spring

It is early evening and the sun is beginning to set after a long and humid day.  Though the clouds above were thick and threatened to rain for many days, no rain ever came and now, they being to clear the sky so that the stars may finally shine through for the first time in around a week.  The sun has been merciless with its heat, but not nearly as brutal as it can be in the summer, for those in the lands of the Sol.  Thankfully for the Noe, the cool winds of the ocean most often keep the air cooler with its touch.

It's been a windy day, for certain, and as the night sky lights up the sky with the moon's embrace, lamps will light up within the towns and faeries will light up the sky with lanterns along their favorite roads where they love to travel, providing a sea of lights within the air of their own.  The ocean tides shake Dragaultia from side to side, the city-structures on the ocean's surface rather accustomed to such abuse.  The underwater and over-water homes are quite resilient with the help of some of Sol's finest engineers, so the Dragaultia region itself is the product of two people's hard work and intuition.  

Along the Nova homes, many fishermen turn in, their jobs complete.  The naval officers have completed their militaristic tasks, the crab hunters and gatherers, and other local sea-faring workers have done their day's fill of living upon the land and the oceans that provide for them.  All is calm in the world of Venfere, though mostly within the lands of Noe alone, as there is much excitement and merry celebration within the lands of Sol.

Tonight is the night, the day of days for the people of Sol!  A celebration of the Sun's strength and valor, given freely to the people from its rays of warmth since birth and for all of times.  Sol would never allow his people to become ill or weakened; the people have chosen this great day to give thanks to Him, offering nothing but peace and a day of rest from work during the day of Sol's hours.  A full day of complete rest for all, spent with games, family events, and relaxation!  And at night, of course, as the sun sets for his rest, the people of Sol come together for a great feast, giving thanks for each other and for all that they have.  

There is music, dancing, the finest of meals, laughing, more games...and of course, the people of Noe have never been...banned from the events, so to speak.  However, it is always quite ironic for a moon child to be there.  After all, this is a celebration of the gifts given by the Sun...something that he has neglected to do for any Noe...it's an awkward time to be a Noe during these times if they are within the land of Sol, so the lands of the Sol are most commonly avoided on this day.  If there were any a day when a person of Noe received more pity and looks of sadness than any other day, it would be this day...

Last edited by JerriLeah7 on 28th January 2017, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Children of the Moon Role-Play Empty Re: Children of the Moon Role-Play

Post by xenolion 28th October 2016, 9:36 pm

Girls laughter permeates the air. It is the perfect day in Pyrra for the celebration. Heidrun runs down the hall with her sister at her feet. They almost run into her mother. “Heidrun, stop showing your sister bad habits. You are 20 today and will be announcing your engagement tomorrow.” Velina smiles at her daughter. “I remember when you were born. The ongoing joke is that you wanted to be part of the celebration. Now look at you, I am so proud of you.”

Sasha catches up to Heidrun and hugs her. She has heard the story countless times. This birthday will not be any different. Nothing will destroy her good mood though. Not even the fading thing later. Most Sol people are fearful of this age, but not her. No one in her family has ever faded. Plus her last name will be Sonnen, which comes from word sun. “I know mom. Now I will be meeting up with Daisan and his family shortly. There are some last minute things to do before tomorrow.”

“Just remember to meet up at the church later. I know it is a little tedious, but we must still go through this fading stuff.” Velina kisses her head. “Now go have fun.” She sighs as she watches Heidrun leave the house.

She meets up with Daisan in town and he gives her some flowers. He takes her to square where there is dancing going on. He hands her a slender box with a bow on it. “I know you have plenty of jewelry, but I hope you will like this.”

She opens it up and inside is a beautiful necklace. It is heart shaped with rubies and diamonds. “Oh Daisan, it is beautiful.” She kisses him. Her life could not be more perfect.

The couple dances to the lively music and enjoys the variety of foods being served. Heidrun even got her face painted with a sun on her cheek. They take a break and sit down. Heidrun holds out her left hand. “Tomorrow our engagement will finally be announced. I cannot wait. Oh I have to get ready for the stupid fading ceremony. Will you be there when I am done?”

“Of course, I will be there we all will.” Daisan tells her. “I will walk you home so you can get ready.”

The couple walks to Heidrun’s house arm in arm. The people comment on how cute they are. Once arriving at the house Heidrun goes to her room to get ready. She will have to be at the temple at 6:04 pm.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 30th October 2016, 10:09 pm

(ATTN : Open)

- Close to Elemiah's residence/At the beach 7h~7h30 -

The night was finally there, she knows this day too well, the day of the celebrations for the sol people. She used to celebrate that day with her familly, althoug that seemed like forever ago. She walked toward the water, ready to go in with her swimsuit. This swimsuit was shaped into a short dress and was completelly white.

Spoiler:

She tied up her hairs and started to go into the water, swimming in it gracefully without a care in the world. Swimming at night was always so nice, she always felt at home in the water, but this feeling was even stronger at night. After swimming for a while she simply decided to float on the surface to stare at the moon and the stars. She then closed her eyes and let herself be carried by the gentle waves and the wind back to the beach. When she reached a level where she could sit and still have a part of her chest out of the waves, she did so. In silence she stayed there, still looking at the moon. She was a bit further then the public beach of Nova II, so for the most part she was able to be at peace here usually.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 2nd November 2016, 6:07 pm

[ATTN: Open]

-Near 'The Divide' Tyriel side-

"It seems like I always happen to be in Sol territory every time this night comes.... Well things do tend to work out that way with good reason, then again, don't they?"

Kaell was on his way to the divide, back from Tyriel, where he decided to visit while he just happened to be in the area. He had initially been in this territory to pay his old home in Nova IX a visit, and had ended up spending a lot more time there than he initially imagined he would. Then it was sort of nice to be back for a while. He knew many of the people there, at least somewhat; he didn't talk much more than business with many of them in his time there, although, with the way his business had been as of the last few years since he left, it often got much more personal than he would have imagined. And you know, that was totally fine with Kaell. He could be plenty social and didn't mind speaking with and befriending people, but anymore, it was hard to be close to people. And even as well as he actually had come to know many of the people in Nova IX and even Nova VIII, he never really felt close to them so much. He was treated plenty well, and people seemed to genuinely like him, but kept to himself mostly when he wasn't helping people most of the time. He would often even pretend to be busy. Sometimes he felt like an intruder more so than a friend to people... The uncanny amount of things he was capable of picking up on and discovering about these peoples private lives almost felt creepy to him, and so he decided it best to keep his distance.

Besides, he loved moving on. Keeping on the road, discovering new places and people was a very enjoyable experience for him. And it was just a bonus that he didn't usually spend long enough in one place to get super attached to anyone. He had tried that a bit before; it didn't really work for him... There were just some things he wished he didn't know about those around him. But he always got a feel for things he wished he hadn't when he stayed that long. It wasn't always something bad about that person, so much, although that had happened before, he was really more afraid of discovering when someone he had become close to was going to die or something like that. He hated the idea that he might not always be able to help them. While this didn't happen incredibly often, he was still not completely satisfied that he knew enough to help always help someone. When he was around, he tried his best, and always sought guidance from the moon when he didn't get a very good 'feel' for how to solve a problem. So far that had been working.... mostly, at least...

He remembered back to the first time he had met a young boy with a seemingly terminal illness. The doctors were stumped on it. No one had heard tell of any affliction such as the one the child had. His body had become covered with pale stripes, almost like when one becomes a Noe, yet just in splotchy spiraling stripes. They caused the boy constant pain, which he said felt a bit like having a sunburn and a fever at the same time. He had decided to stay with the child and see what he could do to help him. They soon became close. He became like a little brother to him, and he sought guidance from the moon to help the boy. The affliction, which Kaell started calling moonstripes, was killing the child though, slowly. Kaell figured out a natural treatment for it to ease the pain using natural resources in the area, and thought he was getting the boy close to getting over the illness completely. He had the boy do spiritual exercises with him also, which also seemed to help. The child had become stronger and happier than he had been in a long time, when things suddenly took a turn for the worse. At this, Kaell went into a rage... working his fastest to find what he could use. The medicine stopped working. Like an immunity had been built to it almost. It seemed that nothing he was doing was working anymore...

Kaell didn't show up for the funeral... By then he was gone. He had stayed by the child and his parent's side until his death. That was the end of that. He was done. He had failed. He had gotten so close, but this time it wasn't enough. He got depressed for a while and stayed out on his own, not talking to anyone. A few weeks later, he decided to move on. Nothing was going to get better if he didn't go out and do what he could. He was at this point far less confident in his ability, at least for a while.

Well, he still was now, but at least he had realized in the years since that happened, a lot more of what he could do. There were even a few occasions where he did manage to save some people's lives, but he didn't get any closer to them than he had to anymore. The last time had hurt too much. He had to keep moving...

"It would have to be such a hot day that I'm here though. I'll be ready to get back into Noe territory before summer hits... It's WAY too hot in these parts... So glad it's finally almost moonrise..."

The mountains of the divide would be much colder either way. He was looking forward to that for sure. While Kaell often slept about half the day and stayed up and around late into the night so that he got a fair mix of both, especially in Sol territory where other people tend to be out more during the day, this day he had slept in a bit longer in to the afternoon. He was really looking forward to a cool hike through the divide tonight, and now he wasn't too far away from there. Maybe.... a few hours, he guessed...

"This time I think I'll visit a few Nova's I haven't been to yet. Especially the lower peninsula. I bet that will be a nice place to journey through for a while... I bet Noest is lovely this time of year, but it will probably be summer before I make it that far... Oh well. The exciting part is finding out anyway!" Kaell said to himself with a smirk.

"I should really quit wasting my breath, thinking out loud like this, though... I guess this does just happen because I spend so much time out here on my own though... Yeah... I can deal with that. It's not LIKE I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO ANYONE OUT HERE!!" he yelled at the mountains ahead. He could already taste their crisp air from here. This was going to be a good night, after all...
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th November 2016, 1:33 pm

This morning, Rhiannon had traveled from his home at Nova back into his home in Pyrra where he spend this childhood. The familiar space and its memories didn't feel like home, anymore...but it did feel the same and it did feel warm. Somehow. Spending the day with family was impossible, due to the celebrations. However, he did stay a while before they went out to feast. They didn't invite him; it was too awkward.

With a sigh, Rhiannon headed out to the Temple: The place where his whole life changed one year ago today. He wasn't here because he wanted to be. At noon, he enters the temple, a sigh in his throat and a heaviness on his shoulders. The place is beautiful, covered in greys and golds of the moon and sun.

The Sun Priest greets him with a sad smile, "Rhiannon. You're here. Follow me."

Pulling his satchel that hangs over one shoulder closer to his body in discomfort towards the man, he nods his head and follows. They pass the room of fading, his gaze pulled into the round dome's open doorway by a nagging tug at the back of his mind. Only a few children are there, looking up at the glass ceiling with closed eyes and young hearts. Luckily, the odds were in their favor.

They pass several rooms and hallways before stopping at the opposite end of the temple; the room of passing. Entering quietly and holding the door open for him, the Sun Priest stands aside and allows Rhiannon to enter. The room of passing is as quiet as can be, save for the crying of mourners, sometimes. There are no mourners today.

Rhiannon walks up to the resting body of the Moon Priest, the strong and wise guide that helped him shift and become a man of the Moon. His eyes start to water as he looks down upon the dead man, lying in a lidless coffin-bed of decorative greys and blues. Hands tightening on the strap of his satchel, tears start to flow.

The Sun Priest pats his shoulder, "Sorrel is now with the Earth and Moon. He will not hurt, burn, cry, feel envy...he is at peace."

Dropping to his knees, Rhiannon begins to pull out his tools from his bag, removing his sizing tools and writing tools and beginning to write upon his resting place, the runes of the Moon Mother. With a carving tool in one hand and a sizing ruler in the other, he leans against the coffin and begins to carve graceful symbols into the sides. As each rune is completed with its final stroke, a small feeling of satisfaction can be felt before the entire symbol lights up with a blue glow.

With tears falling, he works harder than ever before, writing the best runes that he had ever before managed with his heart full and his memories searing into those lights. He wrote of his kindness, of his wisdom. Sorrel will forever be the guiding light of Pyrra.

As he finishes his last symbol, the tears had long stopped falling. It's been about three hours, almost. He starts to clean up his tools when he realizes that the Sun Priest is no longer there. In his stead, the Moon Priest, the new one that would replace Sorrel here in the temple. The robes make it easy to indicate his position, so Rhiannon, polite as ever, makes a stand and a bow to him out of respect.

This new Moon Priest does not look sad at all. He looks nonchalant, but respectfully so. His expression is empty and calm. As any Moon Priest should, Rhiannon supposes. There were many times when Sorrel had been just as such. He will be so dearly missed.

"Your runes are..." The Moon Priest begins, looking down upon the coffin's sides appreciatively, "Remarkable. Absolutely stunning. I am glad that Sorrel let you choose what you wrote on his bed of passing. I do not think any other could have written better."

Rhiannon isn't sure if he's saying this because of his art or his actually words. Either way, he smiles at the compliment, albeit sadly, "Thank you, Priest...?"

"Oh! My manners," The Moon Priest says apologetically, "I am Priest Xenol. I hope that I can live up to the legacy that Priest Sorrel has left behind. He was...truly loved."

"Yes," Rhiannon says sadly, the memories of his name change flowing up into his mind as tears began quietly once more. Sorrel had handled the situation with the utmost grace and respect. "He was a good man."

"I know we just met, but..." Priest Xenol says, "I'd love to ask for your services again, this eve."

The Moon Priest turns slightly to his left away from Rhiannon, his hand gesturing and outstretched to another passing bed. This one is far less decorative. Far less...anything. It's a dark, Terisian bark, commonly used for poor folk. Nothing like the light wood for the Moon Priest Sorrel.

Far more bland, but also different, because the man lying in it is alive. With an eyebrow raised, he looked from the Priest to the man lying in his bed, coughing and rolling over onto his back. He must be extremely close to death...they don't put living people into a passing bed unless the dying request it. It's depressing to see someone alive in one of these things, and in Rhiannon's opinion, inappropriate. They could at least have put him in a different room away from the already passed...or did he request that, too?

"You wish for me to write for him?" Rhiannon asks politely, cringing on the inside. He can't do this...he can't write for him when he's still alive. It's not right. He's ready to say more, but the man in the coffin-bed speaks before he or the Priest can speak another word.

"I'd be honoured to have your beautiful runes upon my bed," The dying man says weakly, "Don't be discouraged by this oddity. I requested to be here, like this. The rune writer I requested yesterday still hasn't come, but I'd love to have it written before I pass. Please."

Rhiannon has a suspicion that the rune writer requested didn't come for a reason...who's ever heard of writing passing runes for the living? It's just not natural. It's so depressing and...to talk with a dying man? Rhiannon feels sick. Yet, how can he turn this man down?

Pulling is satchel from his shoulder once again, he moves over to the passing bed that he had completely ignored before. He was so lost in his work and so focused on Sorrel...he hadn't noticed the others in the room. Not even the living. With a sigh, he pulls out his tools once more and looks upon the plainer coffin-bed.

"What would you have me write?" Rhiannon asks quietly.

Softly, he says, "I'm just an old man. I have no family, no friends. I'm the last of all that I knew and all those that I traveled with and lived with. Passing Runes are for those that survive a loss, my lady...no one will survive this loss."

Hesitating, Rhiannon holds the carving tool up to the side with surprise. Not at the mistaking of his gender--he's used to that. No one has ever claimed for Passing Runes to be meaningless. Yet, she understands why he would want them. When the dead have been mourned long enough, the passing beds are then placed out onto the river to fall into the ocean, to greet the moon with the Ocean's tides. To be a plain, blank casket out of all the decorated ones...Rhiannon thinks he, too, would make such a last request.

Rhiannon begins to get to work, carving not runes--but designs. Patterns of the moon, of moon rays. This is a man of Noe, and so he shall be remembered as such. He may have none left of the living, but he does have the Moon-Mother to return to. HE also adds leaves and branches of all sorts, ocean-waters and waves, patterns of many sorts.

As they aren't runes, these designs do not glow...at least, not yet. Rhiannon has a little trick up his sleeve. He hides a small run within the pictures. The rune for the moon, for water, earth, love, kindness, and peace. He uses these to light up the images, mixing the lines of the pictures with the lines of the runes and creating a masterpiece on each of the four sides of this bed.

This takes...four or five hours of his time, but Rhiannon barely notices. He's lost in his work, making the whole bed glow with light of the Moon Runes. The sun sets as he sets his focus onto the center of one long side of the bed, space left empty for the words:

With an ache of yearning, moon-mother reached out with her light
So that her children may never feel alone, nor abandoned.
This one goes into the light, touched by the light, loved by the light.

As he finishes the scripture, the old man is smiling, tears in his weak eyes as he thanks Rhiannon over and over and over again. Even Priest Xenol, who had entered in from time to time, was amazed by this creation, this art of light. They both complimented the work repeatedly with awe, but Rhiannon just focused, putting as much love into this casket as the decorative casket next to them that was given for Sorrel.

Sorrel was a great man, but...should he truly have such a beautifully adorned casket with twists and turns and earthen patterns and this man have none? It just didn't seem fair. Sure, Sorrel gave his services to the moon and to the temple, but this man is a Child of the Moon, just like him.

The man's voice isn't sad, now, but peaceful, "You honour me, child. You honour me more than ever could be necessary. Please, take my hand. Let me thank you before I pass."

Rhiannon would have been uncomfortable with touching a dying man seconds before--not because of his passing, but because of the depressing situation and because he doesn't know him. He's a stranger, and yet...it is he that is to comfort him in his time of death? How awkward, it would have been.

Yet, that awkwardness has passed as Rhiannon approaches the bed, standing and taking the old man's hand in his own. He worked hard for him for hours, left no space in his bed for loneliness upon the ocean with the others. This was a good feeling and made it easy to say goodbye to the dying soul.

The man weakly takes his hand and caresses it for a few seconds, looking into his eyes with a smile, "I give you the first of four, passing the three before you only to those that you deem worthy. Thank you, Rune Writer. Thank you so much."

Rhiannon looks upon him with confusion...is he delirious? He must be. He spoke so strangely at first, but thanked him, afterwards. So Rhiannon simply smiles back, clasping his two hands around the dying man's one as he slowly fades and passes away under the moon's light of another glass ceiling. Rhiannon looks from this empty shell to the shell of Sorrel with a feeling of deep sadness.

It feels as though nothing will make this hurt go away.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th November 2016, 5:15 pm

{Attn: Rhiannon}

Daisan waits for Heidrun as she gets dressed for the fading. Her parents are still out, but should be back shortly. Meanwhile Heidrun is upstairs going through her closet for the perfect outfit. Nothing too dressy or too casual. She will be dressy enough tomorrow. She smiles upon seeing the perfect dress. It is a wine colored cap sleeve dress tea length lace dress. It is light and airy with a lace up front. https://www.ladiesemporium.com/store/004870.php?eesc=cat It will go perfectly with her brown boots. She keeps her hair long, curling it slightly with the iron.

Once she is dressed she goes back downstairs where she is greeted by Daisan. “You are beautiful, now let’s go get this ceremony done.”

Heidrun kisses Daisan’s cheek as her family comes in. “I am ready to go. I am happy to celebrate this with all of you.”

They go to the temple with a few minutes to spare. The temple here is a beautiful one with stained glass windows in all colors. They are panes devoted to the Sun and the Moon. They walk in and Heidrun goes up to the Sun Priest. “Uncle Bronson, it is nice to see you.”

Bronson kisses his niece’s cheek. “I was hoping to see you today. I wish you the best for your fading ceremony. I don’t have to explain how this goes, you can head in to the fading room. We will be here when you are finished.”

Heidrun laughs. “I think we both know this is just a formality at this point, but I appreciate the well wishes.” Heidrun waves to her family and goes into the fading room. She is quite impressed by the hominess of the room. There is a fire pit with a fire going, but the room is not overly warm. Surprising with what some may call oppressive heat as of late. Around the fire pit there is a circular overstuffed couch right under the windows on top.

Heidrun sits on the couch and closes her eyes. She leans her head back on the cushions. She slowly opens her eyes and looks up. As her eyes open the sky above shift to a night sky. The moon is high. Heidrun shakes her head and rubs her eyes. “No this cannot be. This must be wrong.” She whispers out loud. She looks up again and sure enough they sky is still dark. Tears begin to fall from her eyes as she sits up.

Her long hair flows in front of her as she looks down. She picks up a curl, confirming her fear. Gone is the beautiful chestnut hair that she was complimented on. In its place is a ghostly white curl. She looks up as the door opens. There she sees her uncle and the Moon priest. She runs over to him. “Uncle Bronson, there’s been a mistake. There is no way I can fade. There has never been anyone in the family who faded. Make it stop Uncle Bronson.”

Bronson hugs Heidrun. “I am sorry my child, it is beyond my capabilities to stop the fading once it happens. Know that I will love you always.”

Heidrun shakes her looking up at her uncle. “No, there must be something you can do. I had my whole life in front of me.

Bronson looks over at the other priest. “You still do, only it will be a little different.” He knows that his sister will never accept her as a child of Noe. “The priest there will help you.”

Heidrun glares at the Moon priest angrily. “Unless he can stop this fading, there is nothing he can do for me.” Heidrun steps back and walks over to the door. She steps aside as another young woman opens the door. Their eyes meet as she pauses taking a deep breath to gather her courage before walking through it.

There is a pregnant pause as she steps out. She tugs at her unfamiliar white hair and looks up at her family. Her older brother and his wife immediately leave the temple. Her younger brother goes up to her and hugs her. Her mother narrows her eyes at Heidrun. “This is unacceptable.”

“Velina.” Her father says cautiously.

“Don’t Velina me. I will not accept one of them in my house. She can stay in the guest house.” She grabs the youngest child and leaves the temple.

Heidrun expected it from her mother. She looks over at Daisan. He has not approached her yet. She sees him look at his parents. His dad whispers in his ear and walks out with his mother. He approaches Heidrun, looking down at the floor. He makes no attempt at embracing her. “I am so sorry Heidrun, but as you know we cannot have a Child of Moon in the family. You know I love you, but the engagement is off.”

Heidrun’s heart breaks as Daisan walks away. She does not even notice her father hugging her until he speaks. “Heidrun dear, you know I love you. I must keep your mother happy though. You will have the guest house to yourself as long as you need it. If you want to move somewhere else, I will set it up. No matter what you are still my daughter.”

“Thank you Father. For what it is worth, I am sorry. I know this ruins everything for you.” Heidrun answers softly. Up to now, no tears have fallen. Her head is still in shock of what happened and the consequences. She watches her father and brother leave the temple. She puts her hair in a braid and then rolls it into a bun. She takes on of the pillow cases and uses it as a make shift scarf. It should cover up her hair until she gets home. From there she can decide what comes next.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2016, 2:59 am

Rhiannon waited for the awkward family to finish their mixed reactions before lying down in the middle of the fading room of the temple, his satchel moved to the side upon the floor.  He rests his head on one of the large pillows and looks up at the night sky with a sense of peace in his heart.  Sadly, scenes like he had just witnessed are all too common...so, although his heart aches for the stranger now faded, he is all too accustomed to it and shrugs the thoughts and memories of it aside.

Although the sky is peaceful, it seems...it seems even more sweet than usual.  The general feelings in his heart, the feelings of the moon and stars...they seem more intense.  It's wonderful.  Soon, the stranger will feel these things, hear the moon's senses as they all do.  When she does, all sadness of those that hurt her will fade, just as she has.  Rhiannon is sure of this and for that reason, he is happy for her.

"Rhiannon...?"  The familiar voice breaks his concentration upon the night sky.  He doesn't move, but his gaze shifts to that of the Sun Priest, Priest Bronson.  He looks very sad where he stands awkwardly above him, but he doesn't look as sad as he used to a year ago when these things happened.  Still, he had heard her call him uncle...why is he not more saddened by the lose of a family member?  The question is stilled in his throat before he can ask it as the man speaks more.  

"My niece..."  Priest Bronson says, "faded today.  I am writing a Wish Scroll and I..."

The hesitation in his voice speaks volumes.  Priest Bronson is not a man of hesitation; he acts and he acts confidently.  He is a clever, quick-thinking man with a wisdom of his age that holds little room for regrets in his living.  Rhiannon has known him to be one of the few men to understand a person of Noe as deeply as he does, despite his non-faded Sol heritage.  It comes with being a Priest, one could suppose.  After all, they do experience much with all of the fading that goes around them...

Rhiannon's eyes are closed again.  He has yet to speak, as he doesn't feel it appropriate.  He can tell that the Priest is not finished speaking.  Instead, he takes in the moon's light with a deep breath and waits for the question that he know will come.  Even if not written by one, a Wish Scroll is always, always delivered by a Rune Writer.  There are many reasons for this, one of which is that usually, a newly faded person cannot read the runes.  Of course, it's also tradition...and lastly, there is a ceremony that is performed only by a Rune Writer after it is delivered.  

Wish Scrolls aren't always used...a fact that makes Rhiannon happy.  He's very picky about how they are written and what they say--and not just because of his profession.  When a loved one Fades, their family often embarks on a small journey to have a wish scroll made, literature written in Moon runes to wish them with many dreams and hopes, as well as a small farewell. The message within usually varies, but the general concept is always the same. Rhiannon's hope, when writing the Wish Scrolls, is to write them himself, if he is granted permission. This way, the message isn't pitying or condescending in tone, as so many are when they are written by the family.

However, Rhiannon isn't worried about this Wish Scroll; there is no need to expect pity or condescending tones from the Sun Priest.  He is a good man and he knows better.  He's been exposed to the fade and to Rune Writers and Moon Priests for so long...  With a sigh, the question finally comes:

Priest Bronson asks, "Will you deliver it to her?  I know we keep delaying your stay here..."

His voice fades off sadly and finally, Rhiannon smiles at the older man, his eyes opening with their brilliant blue to shine back at him from the moon's rays, just as his hair has shined this whole time beneath it.  "Of course, I will give it to her.  Take your time...write your scroll.  I will be here when you're finished; there is no rush."

As the Sun Priest thanked him sincerely, a small tear starting to form in a single eye, Rhiannon's eyes closed once more so that he can rest under the moon's warmth and feel the joys of the night within the room he had not seen in a full year.  He's a year older and he's so different than he used to be.  Regardless, the Sun Priest walks away, his mind on thoughts of what he will write while Rhiannon's thoughts meander to his past.  Both continue about their lives so normally, entirely ignorant of the very darkness that has risen on this night.

Roshan rises up from the ceremonial floor, his body aflame briefly before it swiftly burns out, as if the very strongest of winds snuffed it out.  The room had been violent, the floor shaking and loud, searing embers had enveloped the room before he awoke here.  Looking down at his hands before him, flexing his newborn fingers and turning his hands this way and that, he analyzes himself carefully.  He doesn't look up before he speaks, but he knows there is someone in the room.  There must always be a priest to perform the ritual--else he would not be here.  

"Mirror."  Roshan demands.

His skin is pale--so pale...but he knew this would happen.  It is draining to grow a physical form here.  His skin will become dark again, in time.  His hair has fallen to either side of his face while he was inspecting his big hands...his hair faded from it, as well.  Excellent.  All the better to blend in more appropriately.  His eyes jerk up at movement, finally standing up all the way, his naked form now being clothed by someone from behind as the man before him in a yellow and gold robe hands him a mirror.  

"Y-your eyes..."  The man dared to say with uncertainty.

Looking at his reflection, he doesn't understand what the priest's problem is...that is, until he looks deeply back into the man's eyes and sees just how different they are.  With a slight tilt in his head to the side, he ponders on the difference until realization kicks in.  With a small smile, he nods head with satisfaction.  Of course.  Yes.

Roshan says, "Where I am, it is very bright.  My irises need to be smaller there, to adjust.  Now that I am in this place, all things are darker and my eyes simply aren't used to it.  So they have expanded as much as needed so that I may see properly.  Do you understand?"

"Oh!  Yes!"  The man says, smiling nervously back, "Of course!  How silly of me, I didn't think--um, the robe seems a bit big...I think that we assumed...I-I mean, last time you were--well, we shouldn't have assumed that, it's just that your body was--"

Roshan, somewhat bored, starts to touch his face while the nervous man rambles, barely mastering his own language while Roshan simply plays with his eyebrows, his hair, his lips...He can feel.  What a world!  He watches himself smile in the little mirror before him, but it looks strange.  This body will do.  It's hardly what he expected, but as the Priest says--he was a very built human and far larger last time than he is this time.  

"It's fine,"  Roshan says, wrapping the large robe about him finally, closing up his bare body.  All of your temple robes are bright colored...I want something...black.  Won't you get that for me in the proper size, instead?"

The Priest smiles, "Of course, Solia--"

"Roshan."

"Ro-Roshan!?"  The man is shocked, almost screaming out the name, "It isn't your turn!  It's--!"

Looking over at the man, walking up to him with a slow and steady stride, he shuts the human up with a simple, emotionless stare.  He doesn't need to glare or speak...because most mortals know what he will do if they cross him.  With a small smile of satisfaction when the man falls silent, he looks about the room and inspects all of the priests about him, as well as the small temple where he was born.  

There are so many things!  This is going to be fun.  Roshan starts to laugh, his hands outstretched widely as he takes in the room one detail at a time with roaming eyes while listening to his deep voice echo throughout the ceremonial chamber with an inner peace like no other.  It's so good to be alive!  He wants to feel, see, touch, hear...taste!

"Food."  Roshan says.

The other priests being to scatter as the man who had been speaking to him since his birth crosses his arms over his chest and looks upon him with confusion.  Ah, yes.  Confusion is always followed with questions.  Humans are always asking so many questions...it can get annoying after a while.  Luckily, things are only getting started, so he'll let the man ask.  For now.

"W-why are you here?  We knew we needed to--to perform the rite...but why are you needed?  Our people are as strong as ever--"

Ronan interrupts nonchalantly as he begins to walk about the room shakily, struggling to get used to his body and his strength.  "Because the proverbial torch has been passed."

This certainly won't answer the priest's question, instead providing a bit of a riddle as a response.  As expected, confusion takes over his expression even further, but he doesn't ask.  Smart human.  Roshan wouldn't have answered him, even if he had.

Last edited by JerriLeah7 on 27th January 2017, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th November 2016, 2:01 pm

Heidrun races home and immediately goes to the guest room. It is a nice room, not as nice as her own though. She closes all the curtains before sitting at the desk and begins to cry. She cannot believe that everything about her live is changed so quickly. Sure her dad and younger brother showed support. Her brain is imprinted with the look of hatred from her mother and the look of pity from Daisan.

She looks down at her hand and sees the engagement ring that he gave her. She does not blame him for breaking off the engagement. She slides the ring off her hand. She will tell her father to return it to him. She knows it is a family heirloom. A shiver runs down her spine. She walks over to the fireplace and starts a fire.

She takes the pillow case off her head, freeing her now white hair. She stares at her reflection in the mirror on the dresser. Tears streak her face, everything is over for her. She touches the hair as she spies a scissors on the dresser. She takes is and cuts her hair. Now she won’t have to look at it all the time. It will be easier to cover up as well. She has a lot of pretty scarves in her room that are perfect for this.

A sliver of moonlight captures her attention. She walks over to the window and opens the curtain. It takes a few moments but slowly she begins to feel a little better. Her life is not over, but changed. She will still have to leave, but maybe that is better. It will be hard to see the memories of her former life. She is still cold, even with the fire and grabs a shawl.

A small smile appears on her face. That is what she will do, reinvent herself and move away. It will be scary, but at the same time exciting. She will need to talk to her father. She hears the clock chime in the hall. Her father is usually in his office. She covers up her hair and walks to the office.

Krystian did not feel like celebrating. He immediately came home and started to make some arrangements. He is still on the phone when he hears a knock on his door. He says his goodbyes before looking at the door. “Enter.”

Heidrun walks in with her head lowered. “Good evening Father, I apologize if I am interrupting you. I was hoping we may talk.”

“You are welcome anytime.” He pours a drink for her. “Please tell me what is on your mind. I want to help however I can.” Krystian pulls her into a hug.

“I am so sorry Father, I never expected this to happen. Since it has, I am going to try to make the best of it. I know that Mother will never accept me and I don’t think I can handle my old life haunting me. I need to get out of here Father.

“Lucky for you, I may have the perfect solution. One of the many items that I own is a houseboat. It is currently docked at Nova 2. You can take anything you need. I will even arrange for transportation there. Don’t worry about your mother. This is something from my family that I want to give to you.” Krystian explains to her.

Priya hugs her father. “It is too much, and I thank you so much. I will leave as soon as I am packed. Nova 2 sounds interesting. I think I will like living near the water. I will be close enough to visit. I am going to start packing before mom wakes up.”

Priya leaves the office and walks down the hall. She wraps the shawl around her shoulders and watches the moon filter through the windows. She makes sure her scarf is in place before going outside. Maybe this won’t be all that bad.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 27th November 2016, 5:31 pm

Rhiannon waited several hours before the two Priests had come for him. It was quiet for most of it, but near the end, a girl faded right next to him and began to weep. Sitting up, he holds the stranger in his arms until she has decided that she cried enough. He lets her go as she quietly thanks him and leaves the room with her face in her hands. She must be ashamed.

Unfortunately, Rhiannon knows that he was little help to the girl. He's a stranger, and a stoic one at that. Not much could be shared from her experience that she would currently be able to understand. The change is too raw for her...and too old for him. His eccentricities have already been bound to him. This is the way.

When the Sun and Moon Priests greet him, Priest Bronson looks quiet sad as he holds out the Wish Scroll. Taking it with one hand respectfully, he doesn't open it. The runes don't light up--but they are well written, regardless. That's okay, though. This scroll will be an odd one, but it will be more kind and heartfelt than most scrolls have ever been. Rhiannon considers the girl this scroll is meant for to be very lucky.

Priest Bronson says, "You aren't going to read it?"

Rhiannon smiles, "I don't need to check your work, Father. I know you wrote well. I wish that your work could glow, too."

Recognizing the compliment and praise for what it really is, the Sun Priest's eyes widen as his heart moves over to his heart. That a Rune Writer would wish for a person of Sol to have glowing Moon Runes...that is the highest compliment that could ever be given from a Rune Writer.

"You honour me," Priest Bronson says warmly, "Please. Deliver this to my beloved niece, Heidrun of the Schwalenberg family. I have directions to her current home."

Rhiannon accepts the second piece of paper, but he already knows where to go. He's familiar with the family--albeit through reputation alone. He has never been there, but he knows of the location and the directions only confirm the knowledge that he already had. With a nod of his head, he promises to deliver it safely and promptly.

He accepts the prayer from both of the Priests, their blessing given to him for safe travels and good business before he takes his leave. They tried to pay him for his services of the two coffin-bed inscriptions--but he refuses payment of both. He does, however, take the payment for this scroll delivery. This will feed him for the morning breakfast later.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 27th November 2016, 8:22 pm

Priya is walking along the edge of their estate. Somehow she is drawn to the fountain. She sits on the nearby bench and closes her eyes, listening to the water flowing. Her whole life has changed in a blink of an eye, but for some reason she feels at peace. It is an odd feeling, but for now she will accept it.

As Rhiannon travels to the estate of a family that he has never before spoken to, he is on edge. This is normal for him, considering his job, but he still feels like something is off. It happened after he actually left the temple and began to walk under the moon. He looked up at her, as always, with a silent thanks to give her for his affinities.

Yet, despite this, something still feels off. He is under her gaze, under her cool protection and bright promises of quiet peacefulness, and yet...his usual calm is missing. With a bit of tension, he eases towards the estate to see a figure in the distance on the outside, sitting on what appears to be a bench or other outside-sitting of some kind. He can hear a fountain nearby.

With a bit of clarity as the distance between them closes, Rhiannon recognizes the girl almost immediately. The fountain is beautiful, but the girl hasn't moved...perhaps she isn't paying attention to him. He breaches the silence of the earth about them with his soft words.

"The fountain is beautiful," Rhiannon says, hoping that he doesn't look too girly in the moonlight with his feminine tones and gestures towards the water's patterned falls.

Priya’s mind was swirling. She didn’t hear the person approach until he had spoken. She snaps open her eyes, and looks at the other person. She recognizes the other person, from where is escaping her. “Yes it is, would you like to sit?” Her hand touches the scarf on her head. Does this person know that she is one of them? Then she remembers where she recognized the person. “You were at the temple earlier. Did they send you to find me?”

Rhiannon smiles, nodding his head, "I am a Rune Writer and my name is Rhiannon. I was sent by the Sun Priest to deliver his Wish Scroll to you...are you familiar with this process?"

“I am surprised that one is being delivered already. Of course it would be from Uncle Bronson. My dad has been busy making arrangements, my younger brother still in shock, and the rest of my family disowned me. I will have to thank him before I leave. I am aware of the Wish Scroll, but not of the delivery process.” Priya answers her. “Listen to me ramble on, please proceed.”

Rhiannon giggles a little, "Oh, my apologies. I shall help you, then, for sure. And...if you cannot read Moon Runes, I will be happy to read it for you. Can you read the texts?"

Priya looks down at the scroll and blinks her eyes. The runes look like foreign characters. “Am I supposed to understand them?” She sighs and looks at Rhiannon a little panicked. “I must admit my knowledge about the moon people is limited.” She wrings her hands. “This wasn’t supposed to happen.”

Rhiannon places his hand on the Priya's shoulder with reassurance, "No, most people of Sol do not learn the Moon Runes. I do give lessons, though! If you'd ever like to learn. There are classes all over the place, really..."

With a small smile, Rhia takes the scroll back gently and holds the folded paper to his forehead. "This wish scroll is given with the grace of the moon."

As the words are said, the Runes light up with a brilliant blue glow and then go out. Slowly, she opens the Wish Scroll and looks into the girl's eyes. She hopes this will not be interrupted.

"Are you ready?" Rhia asks softly, just to be sure.

Priya returns Rhiannon’s smile. “Thank you for the offer. If you ever visit Nova II, I will be happy to take you up on the lessons. Go ahead with the reading.”

Rhiannon opens the scroll and begins to read the runes written by Priest Bronson. He almost tears up, once. It's very bittersweet, but still loving and certainly kind. She envies this girl for her uncle, to be certain.

After the reading is finished, she pulls out a rag and wipes her eyes, offering another fresh one for the girl. She hands her the scroll when it is finished, glad to have given these much needed runes to a newly faded child of the moon.

"Are you okay?" Rhia asks.

Priya watches Rhiannon read the scroll. Tears begin to fall down her face as she listens to her Uncle’s words. She accepts the handkerchief from Rhiannon. “Honestly, I don’t know. My life as I knew it is over. I am no longer Heidrun Schwalenberg. Now I am just Priya. I am angry and scared, but at the same time hopeful.” Her eyes go to the moon. “I never really paid attention to the moon before this. It is really pretty, and the fountain is very soothing, even more than usual.

I suppose I am luckier than some Moon children. My dad has secured a place for me to live, far from here of course.” She looks back at Rhiannon. “I am rambling again. Thank you for delivering this to me. I really needed it at this time.” Her eyes are still watery, but glimmer with hope.

Nodding his understanding, he ponders as he sits next to her on the bench, finally. He looks about the place as he searches for the right words to say. "I am faded for one year. I have less experience than most..."

Clearing his throat, he continues, "Life changes. I know that this change is for the better. Things will be hard, but the affinities that the moon grant us are great....I suppose you may have a water affinity. That is not one of mine; I am a bit jealous."

“I have a million questions, but I know I have the rest of my new life to relearn. Right now the pain is too fresh though. I am thankful to my father for giving me an escape.” Her hand touches the scarf. “Maybe someday I will be, dare I say, proud to be a moon child, but that is not today.” She looks at the fountain again. “A water affinity will be good for me since I am moving to Nova II. Thank you again Rhiannon, I hope to see you again in the future.”

Rhia nods her head, "I travel to all of the Novas frequently. I can give lessons to you while I am there. I can...if you wouldn't mind...I could travel there with you. I have business there, as it is. I know I'm just a stranger, but it would be nice to have a travelling companion, for once."

“That would be wonderful, meet me here tomorrow morning. We will be traveling by carriage. I am thankful to have a companion during this time of transition for me.” Priya holds out her hand to shake on the agreement. However when Rhiannon takes her hand, she pulls him in to a hug. “I will stop at the temple before leaving. I must thank him for everything.”

Rhiannon is surprised by the embrace, especially from a girl. Pulling away and blushing, he nods his head appreciatively, "Of course, I'll be here. Th-thank you, too! I shall see you tomorrow!"

Priya watches as Rhiannon get up and walks away. Her eyes go back to the fountain as she tries to wrap her head around everything that happened. It is way too much to think about, so she allows the fountain to soothe. She is even surprised that she hugged a complete stranger. It must be the water.

Eventually she does return to her old room. Her father had been here. She sees that her sewing machine and sewing material had been packed up. There are also trunks waiting to be filled. There is a note on her bed from him instructing her to take anything she wants, even the clothes. If anything it will be good starting material for her sewing business. She smiles and does just as he instructs.

She does not know how long she is packing for, but eventually finds her way back to the guest room. She changes into her pajamas and goes to sleep.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 2nd December 2016, 7:45 pm

(ATTN : open)

- Close to Elemiah's residence/At the beach 9h PM -

Elemiah decided it was enough swimming for now, she could always come back tomorrow night. It was time for her to go back to her house and continue repairs on a section of it that had been slighly damaged by rain. Why were houses so fragile to water ? She sometime wished buildings could have water affinity too. It would be less of a pain. She also needed to finish some pairs of bracers orders she received from people of the Nova II.

Walking back toward her home in silence while feeling the moon's light was always amazing. She could see the runes of the forest glow as well which was alway a nice sight to see. Although she was able herself to make some, it wasn't something she had focused on so she wasn't really a professional or something. She still knew how to write and read the language at this point, she just rarely did runes for anyone. She never really tried to elaborate them so much either, she liked keeping them simple. So she usually make some for herself only as decoration sort of.

-- Elemiah's house --

She started to work on the damage to try and fix stuff, before she even noticed it, it was already 2 AM. The current repairs would hold on for the next rain, she'll continue fixing that stuff the next day. She moved inside to then start crafting and sewing those leather braccer she need to do. She also had to make a jewel bracelet, but she would see if she would have the time to do that before sun would rise.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th December 2016, 12:38 pm

Priya wakes up early the next morning. The bed is heavier than usual with all the blankets she put on it. She cannot shake the coldness. It is worse than winter. She hears the chime and knows that her family is probably assembled in the dining hall for breakfast. Even if she were to go down, she would not be welcomed. She is not ready for the looks of pity from her own family members.

She wonders how far the word has spread of her fading. The engagement party is probably cancelled. She only hopes the Schwalenberg name is not tainted as well. Priya gets out of bed and puts on her traveling suit. She wraps her head in another scarf to hide her ghost hair. She goes to the carriage house to check on the packing. She is so grateful to her dad. She was always a daddy’s girl. It makes this fading thing even more painful.

She eventually makes it to the kitchen where she makes herself a simple breakfast. She is sure to pack some food for the road as well. Meats and breads that will travel well. She is anxious about this. She closes her eyes and remembers her talk with the lovely person last night. There is something about Rhiannon that intrigues her. She wonders if all moon children are that friendly, or just the rune writers. She hopes Rhiannon arrives on time. Her dad is a stickler about schedules.

She leaves the kitchen with a basket in her arms. As she approaches the carriage, she is greeted by her father and younger brother. Brendan runs over and gives her a hug. “Mom didn’t want us here to say goodbye, but I had to. Hei…” Priya block his mouth

“Priya. It is Priya now. I thank you for saying goodbye. I am going to miss you so much. You are welcome to visit me any time.” She looks up at her Father.

Krystian joins the hug. “May the moon Goddess watch over you on your journey. I promise we will visit you too. I will bring Sascha, even without Velina’s consent.”

The embrace is released and Priya waits for Rhiannon to arrive.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 14th January 2017, 2:18 pm

As Rhiannon wakes in the middle of the night, the onslaught of nausea wells up into his belly, forcing him from his dreams. With sweat upon his brow, he is sitting up in bed with wide eyes as he realizes that he isn't at home. He's at his family's home, having visited them after all of his duties at the temple. With a roiling stomach, he pulls himself weakly from bed with arduous breathing...something doesn't feel right.

Stepping outside to greet the moon, he feels better--but not quite as an improvement as he was expecting. All Childrenn of the Moon get sick easily, but being out in the moon's light made the symptoms so much better. It's such a relief to have that kind of comfort when one is ill. Still, this time, it doesn't really seem to work. Is he that sick?

A dark thought crosses through his mind, the wandering question sneaking into his fears and increasing his anxiety. Will the moon abandon him, too? Will she tire of him just as the Sun did? If she did....would he die? What would become of him? Then again, no one has ever heard of the moon forgetting about someone, before. What if, when the moon forgot a child, then all others forgot them, too?

Suddenly, Rhiannon is down on his hands and knees, looking up on the ground and gasping for air violently as searing pain lights up his back with a piercing reminder that he is flesh and bone. Ripping him from his fearful thoughts, Rhia focuses down into the grass with a confused haze, his vision blurring as the intense and shocking pain knocks him back into a stone cold sleep.

As the sun rises into his eyes, Rhiannon wakes to find himself lying on his side, sleeping in the dirt. As a member of the Faded, the warmth of the sun does not comfort him, and instead, he becomes colder as the blazing light in the sky greets the world with the morning. Waking to such bright lights of day in his eyes hurts his eyes and he groans.

His eyes hurt, his head hurts, his neck and lower back hurts...his entire back is so tender and achy. Forcing himself up onto his knees, Rhia groans again. More loudly, this time, the pain is expressed through his lips as he places one hand on his side around to his lower back as he leans on his other hand against the ground to help him stand.

"You're up early..." A familiar voice says.

Jerking his eyes up to find his mother, he forces a morning smile with greeting. His mother simply looks at him with surprise, her eyes roaming over his ruffled appearance with confusion. She doesn't yet realize that he slept outside, so Rhia decides he should try to distract her from that revelation before it's too late.

"Ah...yes. I know." Rhia, along with just about any other person of Noe, usually goes to bed very late and wakes up very late, as well. They are night owls--and who could blame them for that? His mom knows him well enough to know he's never up early--especially not at dawn. Rhia hates sunrise.

Rhia forces himself to keep talking, though he feels like crap, "I-I uh...well, I have a job to do this morning. There's a girl who just faded yesterday and she needs to move. You know how the process goes. Anyway, I figured I'd help her get there, since I'm headed in the same direction. I can even get her a head start on moon rune lessons."

Rhia's mother nods her head with understanding, a smile now rising on her face, too. Except, this one isn't forced and her eyes look rather proud and fondly at her son. Rhia looks down tot he ground, ignoring her expression entirely as he stretches out with a big yawn. He hates mornings.

"That is kind of you," she says, "Though I am sad I won't be seeing you longer. Your visits always seem to be cut short."

Rhia hugs her apologetically as his mother sets down her basket of laundry. He's about to speak when he grunts in pain at her touch. She had wrapped her hands around his back and a reminder of that searing pain rushes through his spine and all around his shoulder blades. Pulling away, his mother looks alarmed.

"Rhia...?" She says, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Rhia backs away, "Mom, I'm fine. I'm just...sore. I slept funny last night. Anyway, I'm sorry I have to go so soon. I promise, as soon as I finish my rounds for this month, I'll come visit for a good week. Okay?"

Rhiannon's mother looks at him skeptically, her hands on her hips as he crosses his hands over his chest in discomfort of the lie that he had just given to her. Sure, he doesn't know what's wrong with his back, but...she'll freak out if he tells her what happened. Besides, he's sure it's just some kind of weird stomach bug or something and that he slept funny on his back. Or something. Whatever it is, he can't cancel his plans with this girl. She needs his help.

"Ahem," Rhia clears his throat, "I gotta get going. Do me a favor and say bye to everyone, okay?"

"Bye." His sister says from behind. Rhia jumps out of his skin as he hears laughter from another voice from behind. Turning, five of his eight sisters are already just...standing there. They've probably been listening in for...who knows how long? Geez. Family.

WIth a regretful sigh, he waves to them as they smile back. Of course they'd be up this early...they're all nuts. And weird. He goes in to grab his stuff after a quick hug to each of them and then takes his travel pack up to place it on one shoulder. Usually, he'd have it on both shoulders, but it hurts too much to put against his back. He hugs his remaining three sisters in the kitchen, moves to shake the hand of his father, and then takes his leave.

As usual, they're all waving in this distance as he walks away, sad smiles and and expressions of patience and understanding towards his back. They don't understand. They want to, but they don't. They really try to understand...but they can't. This fact distances him from his family, isolates him and makes him seem like such a dark soul, but he still loves them. Rhia just doesn't know if they know that. Every time he walks away, he can feel their blame and their confusion at his back. The questions of why he won't stay, why he never visits...it always feels heavy against him.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th January 2017, 11:47 am

Priya pulls her shawl closer, thankful that there are extra blankets in the carriage.  She looks over her shoulder and sees Rhiannon escorted by a staff member. “Dad, Brendan, this is Rhiannon, the person who will be riding with me to Nova II.  Rhiannon is a rune writer and delivered a wish scroll to me yesterday.”

Krystian reaches out to shake Rhiannon.  It is a bit stiff, but he has to accept this is his daughter’s life now.  “Thank you for watching over my Hei…Priya.  I hope during your trip, you are able to acclimate her to her new life.”

Priya rolls her eyes as the group moves to the carriage.  “I promise I will write to both of you and Sasha.”  She hugs them again before entering the carriage.  It is a bit cramped, but there is plenty of room for the two of them.  She waits for Rhiannon.

Last edited by xenolion on 7th March 2017, 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 16th January 2017, 10:03 pm

(ATTN : open)

- Elemiah's residence/near nova II, beginning afternoon -

Cracking an eye open, Elemiah noticed that she had yet again fell asleep on her crafting desk. She woke up with the melodies of the birds outside and it was quite nice. Though the sunlight coming inside the house was a bit too bright to her liking. She stood up slowly and looked what was done and it seemed she had managed to get quite a few done.

With a yawn she moved on to the river nearby with her fishing rod in hope to catch breakfast. She was starving to be quite honest and so she hope that she would get something nice quickly. About 30 minutes later she managed to get a bite and it was a good fish. If she didn't have to hurry she would want to stay by the river. Buut she really needed to go eat to then move to nova II.

Heading back home with the fish, she cooked it, ate it and also made some rice on the side as a sidedish. When she was done eating, she prepared the stocks she needed to sell along with the small carpet she use to set the items on. Hopefully it would make a bit of money of that. With that she walked toward Nova II.

- Nova II -

It was now mid afternoon after all that fishin and preparation, but Elemiah was finally there. This town was always so pretty she thought. Especially with the trees in the huts part, but there was also more houses further that were on the regular land and a port a bit further. It was quite lively. Though maybe too lively for her hermit tastes. Still she knew when to be social and tried her best to behave well while in the city.

She went to the port area and she took a small spot to start setting up her carpet. She placed the items on it with the prices attached and then sat down behind the carpet in wait for customers. Waiting under the sunlight was a real pain though, but being close to the water was comforting enough to feel sort of at ease.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th January 2017, 8:11 pm

Rhiannon makes his way to the estate once more, trudging with a forced cheer. Although he hates mornings, as well as this new pain in his back, he's about to meet new people and begin a new adventure. So at least, in this way, there are positive things to focus on.

Pressing the pain and the thoughts of sunrise hatred to the back of his mind, he walks up to the estate of Priya after having stopped by the temple, first. The two Priests blessed his journeys and said their farewells, as usual. And Rhiannon was informed of the girl's name change. Priya is a pretty one. It's not common to change your name after the Fade, so it is nice to have someone else that wished to make that change with him.

"Hello, Priya and family," Rhia says in greeting as he steps up nervously, "I haven't picked a carriage, yet...I overslept. Plus, I didn't know if you'd prefer to walk or just ride horses, or...

OH, I'm sorry. I'm Rhiannon--a Rune Writer. And you are?" As his attention flips from Priya to the others standing with her after a warm, yet sad embrace. He nervously laughs, but holds out his hand to shake theirs.

Krystian shakes Rhiannon’s hand. It is a firm handshake. “You better join Priya in the carriage. I hope the both of you have a safe trip.”

Once Rhiannon enters, she looks up at him. “I hope you don’t mind making a quick stop at the temple. I have to return the pillowcase and thank my Uncle for the scroll. If you get cold, there are blankets and pillows under my seat.” She pulls open the drawer. “And if I know Dad, there is some travel friendly food and books under yours.” She sighs and looks out the window as the carriage begins to move. “I cannot help but think that this maybe the last time I see them for a long time. My Dad means well, but he is very busy. Mom won’t even acknowledge me. That is her loss, right?”

Pleased that they already had a carriage prepared, Rhia is sure to thank Priya's family for their kindness before they ride away. He can tell the oldest man there isn't entirely comfortable--but who would be happy with sending their daughter off with a random guy that they had never met? While on the road, Priya shows him the blankets and he smiles, understanding she must be as cold as he. He tugs at his shawl to indicate that he's comfortable. It's a lovely cloth poncho that his mother had made him years ago for traveling. She knows how cold he gets, especially during the day. It looks a bit girly, thanks to her pattern choice, but it's still precious, regardless. Rhia never cared about looking a bit girly from time to time, anyway. When they head towards the temple, Priya starts to talk about her parents. He is surprised to see her this open, but he's glad for it. After all, they've both been there. So she probably knows that he can relate, at least in some way. Rhia says, "Yes. It certainly is her loss....and who knows? Maybe she'll come around when she misses you enough. She will, you know."

“I hope she does. I miss them already.” Priya sighs. The carriage arrives at the temple. “I will only be a short while, if you would rather stay in.”

She exits the carriage with the pillowcase in hand. She goes to her Uncle. “I have come to return the pillowcase. Also to thank you for the scroll. It was very appreciated. I am heading off to Nova II for a while. I will see you later.”

Bronson hugs his niece and kisses her head. “May the Goddess bless you on your new journey. You are always welcome her.”

Priya wipes her face. “Thank you Uncle Bronson.” She returns to the carriage.

Soon they are on their way again. “Have you ever been to Nova II, Rhiannon?”

Rhia nods his head, "Many times. Rune Writers are requested everywhere and I'm considered a regular at every Nova there is. Have you ever been to any of the Novas?"

Priya shakes her head. “I am not well traveled. I do remember going on vacation to Caessia. It was a business trip for my father, but he brought all of us.” She pulls her shawl closer. “I cannot believe I am so cold. Is that part of the changes? I may have visit the temple after getting settled in.”

Rhia nods his head, "Yes. You'll be super cold for the first week or so. After that, it'll only be chilly during the day. You'll warm up after sunset.

It's cool that you've gone some places, but you'll love all of the Novas--especially the Dragaultia region. Did you know that the Novas of Dragaultia is a group of towns placed on the ocean's surface? They have water pathway bridges between each town with some of the most beautiful views--of course, they do have underwater sections, but I love the surface spots--they sway with the water's movement and it's such a lovely view."

“Interesting indeed, do all Faded travel, or is it just the Rune Writers. How long did it take for you to become a Rune Writer? It must be very interest to meet all the people, yet trying at the same time.” Priya asks. She is glad he like to talk. It is making the trip go faster. She has many more questions to ask him. This is a complete change for her. “I am glad you are here with me. It makes the trip more pleasant.”

"I get around, but that's because of my job. A lot of Noe just stay near home, I'm sure. Guess that just depends on what they do." Rhia replies, "As for being a Rune Writer...it took me four months. Then again, I was a fast learner. It usually takes at least eight. I guess I just had a natural talent for the writing."

Rhia hesitates, "Say, could you do me a favor? I woke up with some back pain and...well, my back is still tender. Would you be willing to look at it for me and see if you see bite marks or something?"

Since they are inside the carriage, it's not like he'll get super cold from half-stripping, anyway. He pulls off his shawl and then his shirt, until his bare chest is visible. He's about to turn around to show his back to her when he drops his shirt on the floor of the carriage, so instead, he bends down to pick it up.

At first Priya thought nothing about Rhiannon taking off his top. She gasps and quickly covers her eyes upon seeing his bare chest. “I…I thought…I mean I should never assume, but…I thought you were female.” She peeks out from between her fingers. “My parents were on the proper side, so please forgive me. It is a good thing he did not realize your gender. Let me have a look at your back.”

Priya waits for him to turn around. “There she sees a symbol that appears to have been burned into his back. It was between his shoulder blades. Did you not have this symbol here before? It looks as if it was burned on your back. Like a brand…If you give me a moment, I can draw it for you.” She bends down to the drawer under him and takes out her sketchbook and a pencil. “Now I promise, I am not oogling you.” She studies his back again and starts to draw. “This is what it looks like.” She hands him the notebook.
Spoiler:

Rhiannon cannnot help but laugh at her reaction when he removes his shirt. She thought he was a girl! Of course she did--no wonder she was so open and communicative to him...

With a sheepish smile he nods that it's okay, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fool you. I should have realized--I mean, it's happened so many times--anyway. I hope I don't get into trouble with your dad."

Then, he turns around. He braces himself for pain, just in case she decides to touch or poke it anywhere. People like to do that a lot, so there's a chance that she will.

"What?!" Rhia says indignantly, "A mark? I've been branded?! How the hell could have happened in my sleep?!"

She offers to draw it for him and he turns to look at her suspiciously to see if she's smiling or joking around. However, she's pulling out paper and pencil...is she taking this kind of joke that far? She looks serious, though. Still, he turns around to let her draw it. After a few minutes of drawing and waiting, he turns back around to see the symbol.

Rhiannon's eyes widen with surprise. "Woah. That's the Moon Rune for "darkness of day," which you could shorten to eclipse. Those never happen, but I always liked this symbol, because it looks like a bow and I learned archery when I was a kid, since I'm my dad's only boy and he insisted--"
Rhia sighs, his hands moving to put his shirt back on, "Is this for real? This is really on my back, now? Like, burned into it?"

Priya nods her head. “Even if I was joking, I cannot about the pain you are in. It must really hurt. I am surprised you were able to sleep through it. Judging by your reaction it is not a normal thing for a Faded to receive.” Priya bites her lip. “Besides meeting me is there anything thing out of the ordinary that happened?”

Rhia shakes his head, "Absolutely not a normal thing! How in the hell--?! I-I...this doesn't even make sense. I should visit a temple when we hit Nova and make them look at it." At her inquiry, he looks up at the ceiling of the carriage and ponders for a moment, "Hmmm...I can't think of anything odd that has happened recently. My last two days have been like they always are when I come to this city. It's my usual rounds. I'll think on it some more, though....who the hell burns people when they are sleeping?!"

“I am sure someone at the temple will be able to help you with this. It is a moon rune, so they should have some explanation. I may be explaining it incorrectly. It just does not look like an ink tattoo. Oh if you need something, there is a first aid kit too. I wonder if covering it may help with the pain.” Priya digs in the drawer under her. “My dad is always prepared. Did you want me to bandage it for you?”

Rhia puts his shirt back down, "Yes, actually. Maybe if my shirt isn't rubbing off against it, it'll hurt less. Thanks, I really appreciate it."

Priya averts her eyes again. He has a nice looking body, but he is not Daisan. She busies herself by covering the mark with the bandage and tapes down the sides. “That should be better. So how long until we get to Nova II?”

Rhia thanks her again, "Oh, about eight hours, tops to Nova I. That's if we take bathroom breaks and food breaks. If we stay on the road the whole time, then that's about seven hours. After that, three hours to the Noest Trees--that's the outer stretches of Nova II. The town is really stretched out, thanks to all of the trees and tree work that they have there. The ports, though--they are beautiful. Nova II has the most beautiful port outside of the Dragaultia region."

“The driver will know how to get to the boathouse. However if there is somewhere else you have to be, I will be sure you are taken there.” Pryia yawns. “Forgive me, I did not sleep well last night. I am going to take a nap.” She pulls out a pillow and places it on the wall of the carriage. It is not the most comfortable, but it will do for now.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 20th January 2017, 2:29 am

[Attn: Open]

The Divide, around midnight~

The small wooded area at the base of the mountains, this side of the divide at least, were actually kind of cozy in a weird way. Yeah, there was wild life about, especially this side, in the more dangerous variety at times, but as he got further in and started to proceed up the mountain a bit more, it lessened. Sol was definitely much warmer in general than any of Noe, and while Kaell could definitely take the heat, he could no longer deny the boost of energy the cool mountain air gave him. But for now, it was still pretty warm, and in this dense bit of forest, that meant he had to stay on his toes and keep watch for some of the more dangerous creatures. Luckily the snakes and some of the more annoying insects would go away by the time he made his way about half way up the first mountain, most likely.

"One thing's for sure, I'm definitely ready to get out of Sol again already, not that I don't like visiting, but it just gets soooo hot this time of year! Tyriel had some pretty cool new buildings and such I hadn't seen last time. That town has really grown a lot...."

He continued to think to himself as he walked, sometimes full on breaking into conversation just to break the silence a bit. Well, plus he did it without noticing sometimes when he was alone. These long journeys without a companion could get really old without a bit of speech going on. Sometimes he would stop for a bit and watch an animal or even feed one a bit, but they often didn't come close to him so much. There were a few pretty interesting little guys out here active this time of night too, but unfortunately most were too timid. The sugar gliders especially, but he didn't mind so much. They were mostly just fun to watch glide tree to tree.

"Hoo-hooot! Hoooo hooOOOOH!...... no response... Meh Well, worth a shot, anywa--" he ducked as a large Owl swooped overhead... "OOO-KAAAY.... Nevermind that then... some just aren't so friendly here, I guess..." he said calmly. He decided to pick up the pace. It was almost already midnight at this point, judging by the position of the moon, and Kaell wanted to try and get into the hollows before morning if possible. They were little areas in the divide where the mountains and small foothills came together and made a small valley area. Kaell liked them because they were comfy enclosed little areas where he could sleep, and they often had a small bit of forest in them too. Small beds of grass in those areas were a lot more comfortable to sleep on than the rocky terrain that made up most of the higher parts of the mountains here. He would stick to the lower roads across as much as possible, but unfortunately this particular mountain didn't seem to have as many low roads. He felt it just kept on going up and up, getting rockier and rockier... At least the sky was nice and clear up here. The stars were quite beautiful up here.

But there was still a long way to go. And rocks.... A lot more rocks... meh, dumb rocks.... he thought.

As he came to a bit of seemingly impassable terrain, a fallen rock, it became incredibly obvious just how long it had been since anyone had used this particular path through, and he could now see why. "Hmm... well, I bet I can at least climb this, anyway."

He felt about the rock, looking for sturdy handholds, and "YEP, Here we go!" started climbing. Luckily the rock wasn't so big, and a few minutes later, he pulled himself atop it. He stood on the rock and caught his breath for a moment, looking around. He was pretty high up now. He could actually see a lot. And it looked like there was going to be downhill coming up pretty soon. He could see it, at least from here, with the way the path twisted, he could. He still had just a bit more uphill left to go though. Aaand.... one other thing he noticed. A small herd of Mountain Goats... crap.... They were asleep now, at least, but still kind of in the way. He would have to use a bit of stealth. "I don't know if they'll actually attack me, but I'm not wanting to find out if I can help it..." he thought.

He slowly dropped down from the rock, staying as quiet as he could, and moved down the path slowly. He was decent at sneaking anyway, but he scanned the area a bit too just in case, for another potential route. "Hmm... the walls here are a bit too steep to risk climbing to somewhere else to get around these guys... I guess sneaky is my only option. It's still less of a risk than the climb would be..." He then pullled a walking stick he had hanging from his bag out, testing the ground with it's bottom a bit to see if it stuck in the ground at all. It did, but barely. Still too rocky here, it seemed. It would still be a better help than nothing to help him grasp if he were to fall here. The road here was basically cliff side at this point for some ways.

He wasn't gonna sweat it. He mentally prepared himself for a few minutes before slowly tip-toeing behind the sleeping goats, being careful to watch for even the smallest rocks beneath his feet. Fortunately still a bit of path left, just too bad that the goats liked it so much to sleep on. But then, who could blame them? It looked a whole lot softer than the rest of the mountain here, that was for sure.

A few moments later he was in the clear, the goats still asleep as he watched his back intensely, still moving slowly forward. He continued watching behind as he moved onward up the hill and away from them. He wasn't sure what was waiting for him next, but surely he was getting close to the down hill part of the path. If he didn't get there soon, he was afraid he may not make it to a shady spot full of trees to sleep under before dawn hit. Then, he did like seeing the sun rise, it was just harder to sleep directly under it when the sun hit the higher parts of the sky especially. That's what the trees were for! Too bad they were still nowhere in sight at this point, but at least he still had a lot of night left to go.

It was no sooner that he had stepped up the small hill in front of him (that he could not see anything beyond at first) that Kaell heard the unnaturally loud *snap* of a twig at his feet, his instant reaction being to turn around and make sure the goats hadn't awoken. This was when, as he noticed, they had, indeed, and were looking right at him, almost as if.... ready to charge, and yet.... something was suddenly off. They were sideways. Weird... so was the mountain, and "OH CRAP" he felt the enitre weight of his body had shifted as the "twig," atop the hill he wasn't looking fully in the direction of, which had snapped actually wasn't a twig, but an old wooden plank.... to an old wooden bridge.... huh, no wonder it had been so loud....

Shocked

"WAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"OOF, ugh, ooff...." Angry

Luckily the fall had been not very far, and he rolled a bit until he was able to get bearings enough to at least sit upright, rather than eat dirt and rock. But he now found himself sliding down a very steep dirt slide, which would have been just fine, except for that Kaell could see it's dead end a bit ahead, and at the rate he was sliding, it didn't look good. Thinking quickly he still had his walking stick in hand, which he was for one, luckily not to stab himself with up to this point, and two, was able to stab into the ground just enough to slow his slide. He bared down on it as hard as he could from his uncontrollably sliding positon until it finally snagged... far too close to the cliff's ledge for comfort. No wonder no one crossed the divide here.... Confused

"Huff, hufff," catching his breath, and holding on for dear life, he looked below. It seemed a decent ways down, but it was hard to tell for all the treetops covering the ground below.... which.. "HEY!! The mountain gorge!! A place to stay! YES!" Grin
Looks like he had found a shortcut. He had really thought it would be a lot longer before he got back into the forested hollows of the Divide, but they really did look like a safer, more comfortable place to stay than the cold rocky cliff sides he had been walking on for the past few hours at this point. Speaking of, time really had gotten away from him, it was looking to be close to 4 in the morning at this point.

"Okay... huff... so now... I just have to come up with a way to get DOWN this cliff here... without dying.... YEP... easy right? NO! IT'S NOT!! THANK YOU, eeeMMMMMOOUNTAAAAAAINN!!!" he shouted finally, as his stick then happened to lose it's grip and he plummeted into the treetops below...

The brush of soft leaves, a few twigs snapping, a few snagging and scratching, and finally, a larger branch, which he luckily was able to catch with his hands. Not too far a fall. Lucky again. *phew~*

And then that branch snapped too...

Good thing this was a large, old oak tree with a lot of bigger branches. He caught the next, and quickly mustered his remaining adrenaline to pull him self up on it. This one was really quite big, like bigger around than his body. A good place to rest a minute. Looking around, he noticed that although this tree was very tall, the excess of branches would give him plenty to climb down, and when he eventually caught his breath, he did just that, sweet relief setting in as his toes finally touched solid ground. He stood in the middle of a big, beautiful, grassy forest valley still on an incline in many places, but far less steep of one. He walked a bit and found a mass of cedar trees nearby, not too far from the giant oaks behind, and a stream... Now this place, he could deal with....

Which was great, because he could now see the sun coming up. He walked a bit along the stream, and soon came upon a nice little spot that was quite grassy snuggled between the stream, a few cedar trees, and a pine tree, perfectly shading the area, not to mention the pine needles keeping the parts of the ground with less grass soft still. The journey had been rough this night, even more so than Kaell would have imagined, but this... this was worth it. He set up his small tent covering and rolled out his sleeping bag under it, but sat up a while as he watched the moon and stars slowly fade from view. As they did, he felt weaker and weaker, until finally he became very sleepy, and lay down, finally drifting off....

"At least I avoided those damn goats....zzzzZZZZZ"
Zzz
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th February 2017, 10:05 pm

Rhiannon spend several hours of the drive teaching Priya how to read some of the basic runes. The long drive from Pyrra, through the Ruby Forest, and towards Nova I was quite a shift. The busy life around Pyrra varied a great deal from the life on the other side of those trees. Ruby Forest is uninhabited, serving as a natural border between the crazy lives of the Sol and the more quiet and peaceful lives of the Noe.

Houses were farther apart, land was more expansive and untouched by man-kind, and of course, the roads got a little wider and less traveled. The peaceful terrain away from the busy city life encouraged Rhia to open the side windows and let in the light and the scenery while he gave his carriage companion her first lesson.

As they had gotten to Nova I, they had made a bathroom break, but now he also plans a stop at the Noe Graveyard--he doubts that she has ever seen a Noe Graveyard before and they are much different by design. And culture.

"This stop is for your lessons," Rhia explains quietly, "We're at a graveyard--I'm assuming you've never been to a Noe Graveyard."

Priya tries to concentrate on the runes, but it was slow going, to her at least.  Rhiannon never seemed impatient in the least.  As the traveled, she notices small things like the air seems to be fresher.  Probably because of all the trees.  She is so used to people and the busyness if the city.  She concentrates hard on the runes as he looks out the window.  Her mind is already working on how she can use this in her jewelry making.

The carriage comes to a stop outside of Nova I.  It is amazing how the cities seem to pop up out of nowhere.  He takes her to a graveyard.  It is walled and the gate is black metal and is very decorative.  They walk in and she looks around.  The stones are made out of black obsidian and obviously taken care of.  

Rhiannon shows her around pointing out a few gravestones.  The front of the stones has the names and dates carved into them, but the back and sides have glowing moon runes.  From the prior lessons she can read some of the words, but not all.  In the middle of the graveyard there is a pillar that has ornate writing in it too.  “Wow this is beautiful.  What a very peaceful place to be buried in.  But why did you bring me here.  It seems a little macabre to have a lesson in a graveyard.”

Rhia shakes his head, "To a Solite, graveyards are depressing and painful and....well, they suck, but to a Noelite, it is much, much more. Especially at night. When you visit the grave of a loved one...you can feel them. I know that sounds crazy, at first, but when you feel it, you'll understand. That's why most Noe people wish to be buried here, instead of home with their other family."

“I am guessing it is something you have to experience to understand.  Is it something that only happens to Noelites or if the Sol people would visit as well?”  Priya asks curious.  “I can sense peacefulness here, it is not the same as at home.  So show me more, Rhiannon.”

Rhia hesitates, "I think...I think that if a Solite were to visit a Noelite lost one...they would find them here. They would feel them."

Solites don't like to enter the lands of Noe, and of course, he can understand why. They just don't understand this place. Silently, Rhiannon takes Priya to the pillar in the middle, where the incense bowl and prayer mats are. There is one moon rune that is larger than the others on each side of the pillar. He takes her around the edges, pointing each one out and saying it's meaning.

He says, "Moon. Star. Water. Night. These are here so that we may pray to the Moon mother and her three daughters. They are the four most important runes to learn."

Priya studies the runes he points out.  “I suppose I will learn the prayers at the temples.”  A thoughtful expression appears on her face.  “I have so much to learn don’t I?  You must think I am ignorant, and I guess I am.  It comes with being the first one ever to be Noe in my family.  Where did you learn all of this?  You don’t appear to be much older than I.  I am asking because you have been so helpful, but I know you have your own life.”

Rhia says, "We are all ignorant upon the Fading. There's nothing wrong with that. You are just as I was. I learned from the temples, as I'm sure you will, too. I mean, when you were a Solite, you never asked about the Noe, did you? None of us did. We were all so busy...just living." Rhia's eyes go sad as his hand rests upon the symbol for the moon, "I was so caught up in the world of the Sun. I was so caught up in my family. Sure, I'd spoken to a Noelite from time to time, but I never really asked...or wondered."

“Thank you, I was the same way.  Except that I didn’t know any Noe.  My mother forbade it.”  Priya sighs.  “Did you have someone you want to pray to?”  She looks around hoping he doesn’t think she is rushing him.  It will take some time for her to get used to the slower pace.”

"I understand," Rhiannon says, "I do not pray until it is night time."

“We will have to visit a graveyard during the night sometime then.”  Priya smiles.  She reaches out and touches the symbol for water.  She notices it starting to glow brighter.  She looks at Rhiannon her eyes growing.  “Is this normal?”

Rhiannon's eyes widen and he speaks with girlish delight, "Oh, how uncommon! We all have affinities with at least two of the spirits of these symbols--I should have mentioned that. Though, yours is abnormally strong...especially for one who's still in the fading process. Wow. I'll bet your other one will be the moon. It's the most common connection we have."

“I remember you mentioned something about an affinity with water when we met at the fountain.  That is amazing, I have so much to learn.”  Priya smiles.  It is good because it will help fill the void of her former life.  “Are you ready to get going, I know we still have a long way to travel?”  She lifts her hand from the symbol and watches it fade back to normal.

"Absolutely," Rhia says. He leads her back to the carriage and gets settled back in. As they ride through Nova I to the end, he shows her a few rune posts, just so she'll know what they look like.

The ride went on until they finally reached the outskirts of Nova II. The sign for the city shows up amongst some trees and he smiles happily.

"Nova II is a little bigger than Nova I, but it's way more spread out. It's interspersed with mini-forests and tress, fields of animal herds of all types. Our main dock city is beautiful, though--nothing as impressive as the Dragaultia region, but beautiful, nonetheless."

“If I had to guess that is where the house boat will be.  How long will you be in Nova II?  I welcome you to come over any time to visit.  It will be nice to have a familiar face, but I don’t want to impose either.”  Priya then looks out the window at the first glances of her new home.  The sun is on it’s descent.  She sees the houses nestled in the trees.  “This is looks so nice.  I cannot wait to get to the docks.  If the temple is closer, we can drop you off first.”

"Oh, I will be sure we know where your house is, first. Then I'm going to head to the dock temple--it's in a lighthouse. Gorgeous, too! It's just a small walk from a lot of the homes near there, so it shouldn't be hard to walk to there when we find your new place. Your family set it up, did you say?"

“They have the house boat.  It was used as a vacation home, so I know it is furnished.  I have my personal items in the carriage here.  I have never been in it though.”  Priya explains.

After driving to the docks the carriage stops.  The driver opens the door.  “We are here.  You will have to walk down to your home.  We will begin unloading your items.”

“Thank you.”  Priya steps out and in front her is the house boat on a nice slip.  “Wow this is really nice, I will have to thank my father.”  She digs the keys out from her purse and grabs some smaller cases.  “Thank you so much for coming out here with me.  Let me show you around.”  She unlocks the door and opens it.  The interior looks like a small house.   It is a complete open concept style with privacy screens separating the bedroom from the rest.  There is a small kitchen, big enough for her though.

The decorations are nicely done, but more masculine at the moment.  There is a nice short desk in the common area facing out.  Some chairs on the opposite side.   “I will have to make some changes.”  Priya sets down the cases.  “It is a perfect place for a new beginning.”  She sighs and leaves to get some more of her things.

"Welcome home!" Rhiannon says happily. He immediately began to help her carry her baggage into her home along the slip. Once he gets all of her bags in, he says, "I'll let you get settled--but if you need any help, I'll be at the temple for a couple of days, okay?"

“I cannot thank you enough for all your help and your companionship.  I will visit the chapel for sure.  There is so much for me to learn.”  Priya hold out her hand.  “Don’t forget to get your back checked out.”

She waits for him to leave before looking around her house.  There is so much to do.  She begins to unpack her stuff.  She closes her eyes and can hear the water.  It is a comforting sound.  She will ask the priest about water affinity.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th March 2017, 8:33 pm

Rhiannon happily sits in the fading room of the temple within Nova II.  There is something that this particular temple has that no other temple does:  A Lunar Tree.   Solar and Lunar trees are both rare--but when one finds one, they should immediately be dug up and taken to a temple.  Unless they are fully grown when found, of course--but that's probably never going to happen.  It never has before, anyway.  

It is theorized that solar and lunar trees are formed from the debris of fallen meteors, but no one truly knows where they come from or how they are formed.  Most are found in their sapling staged, when they can easily be dug up and transported.  It's important for these saplings to find a good, safe home, where they will be cared for and treated with respect.  Their rarity alone deserves such care.

The Solar Tree has the bark of a deep black that resembles coal, which crumbles easily if not cared for properly.  All of it's wood is of a rare make--a combination of wood and coal with a unique texture that is far more flammable than the wood of any other tree.  The roots that delve into the ground must have some magical properties, because the land around a solar tree within a thirty foot radius is warm to the touch.  

And the leaves!  The leaves are remarkable!  The large, reflective leaves of this tree are a shining mixture of colors that changes when under the sunlight.  Hues of reds, oranges, and yellows, this tree shines brightly in the day when it isn't too cloudy outside.  Many flock to this tree so as to pray to the Sun God, believing that their thoughts and words will go directly to him through the tree of his fiery element.  Others simply flock to this tree on a cold day or a cold night, so as to be warmed from their travels.  Regardless of the time of day or year, the Solar Tree never sheds its leaves--providing warmth always, for as long as it lives.

The Lunar Tree's wood and bark are like that of any other tree, except for the occasional white splotch or pattern of white around its surface.  Additionally, the roots are typically very white--both those above and below the ground.  Each day at dawn, the Lunar Tree sheds its leaves, littering them upon the ground.  It is for this reason that Lunar Trees are rarely placed too closely to a building or structure.  However, at night, the leaves are re-formed, which begins at sunset and takes about an hour to complete.

However, when they are reformed, the Lunar Tree's leaves are small, brightly silver against the night sky and the darkness of shadows that would surround it.  Although these leaves are only reflective in direct moonlight, its leaves are always cool to the touch and a Lunar Tree is never seen without a breeze present to blow through it, cooling the air around it for as wide as the eye can see.  

Both trees take around four years to fully develop into an adult tree.  After this time, they can live anywhere from ten to twenty years, varying from tree to tree and individual circumstances.  When a lunar or solar tree is ready to die, the leaves do not fall to the ground, as one would expect.  Instead, the leaves fly up into the sky, as if turning to birds and flitting away into the heavens until they are no longer visible to the naked eye.  

From there, the dead wood remains until someone comes along to cut it down and make highly valued and expensive art from it--after all, the trees are rare, and so their exact wooden make would make them high priced and of the best quality.

Rhiannon absolutely adores the Lunar Tree that lives here inside of the temple.  As most fading rooms either do not have a roof (or simply have glass) to keep a visual of the sky, this was the perfect place for the sacred tree.  It rises up over the ceiling, but does not block the entire view if the sky for those that must experience the Fade.  Sure, the floor is always covered in silver, almost crystalline leaves--but it instills a happy memory for those that Fade, and gives them something that they can take away from that moment as a keepsake.  A reminder of their new beginning.  

He has never needed a keepsake or anything to remind him of this place or of the sacred tree--but being around it just made him so...happy.  It felt good to be near it, nice and cool.  The breeze shifts within the small temple as he smiles up at the rustling silver and crystal leaves with a fondness in his heart as contentment settles into his stomach and pushing out the dread of his strange marking on his back.

A small girl enters, her face tear soaked.  Her hair is white and her eyes are a very light cream color--no doubt, she probably used to have dark brown eyes.  She looks up at the tree and then bends down to pick up a leaf and pocket it.  Perhaps she, too, is searching for contentment from her sudden life changing situation.  The very thin girl looks over at him and smiles, but the smile is forced.  

Rhiannon smiles back happily and waves at her.  She must have just shifted today, at some time.  When she exits, he lays down and looks up at the sky with a sigh.  It's going to be a long evening when he shows the priests his mark...but for now, he will just rest.  He feels like he's home and it's so good to be home.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th March 2017, 2:29 pm

It was still early when Priya was finished unpacking, for now at least.  She exits the house and sits on the   dock.  Her feet dangle in the water, which is surprisingly warm.  The moon is in the sky.  She smiles upon looking at it.  So far being a Noe is not so bad.  She sees the lighthouse, one cannot miss it especially at night.  She remembers Rhiannon telling her the temple is there.  She is too tired to visit it tonight.

Her attention switches to a late boat coming in.  It is a smaller fishing vessel.  She watches them unload their catch.  The nets catch her eyes.  They are a bit ratted and have small holes forming.  “I can help you fix the nets.”  She says to one of the fishermen.  “It will be better once they are dry, but I can fix them.”

The fisherman looks between her and the net.  “It may help with our haul.  If you can truly fix them, we will be happy to pay you.”

“Just leave them dry out for a few hours and I will have them fixed by morning.  My house is right there.”  She points out the houseboat to them.

“We were wondering who was going to live there.  Welcome to Nova II.  My name is Henri.  We don’t leave until mid-morning, so there is no rush with them.”  Henri hold out his hand.  “I am sure we can come to an agreement about payment for your services.”

“It just so happens, I love seafood, so I am sure we can come to an arrangement.”  Priya takes his hand and shakes it.  “My name is Priya, and I can help with other things too.  I am a seamstress and jewelry maker, so if you see some pretty shells, I will be happy with that too.”

“Well thank you, I am sure that we can take advantage of those services too.”  Henri points to the large net drying spindles.  “We will set up the nets there after we are done with them.”

“Thank you, I will work on them tonight.”  Priya walks down the dock toward her house.  She sits back down on the dock and looks up at the moon.  This may work out after all.  It will give her something to do, and she won’t have to worry too much about food.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 26th March 2017, 6:34 pm

(ATTN : Open/Rhia)

- Port side ~ 5PM ish -

It was almost evening already and Elemiah had sold out everything she had and so she decided to stand up to go deliver the jewel she managed to finished. Someone from the temple asked her for a jewel on a necklace and she gladly accepted. And so she started to walk toward the lighthouse once that was done with. It seemed that it was still a bit too early for her client to get there however as it was a priestess from here. She decided to go by the tree to wait and to her surprise, she saw a familliar face. He seemed to be resting though, so she didn't try to bother him for now. She sat down close by, but a bit further and looked at the tree instead.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 27th March 2017, 10:17 pm

Nova II/Lighthouse Temple/5h30 PM ish ?

(ATTN : Rhia, Open)

**This is a collab between me and leah**

Rhiannon slowly sat up from the pillowed floor with a groan.  His back really hurts...he really should have tried sleeping on his side.  He wonders if it has been twenty seconds or twenty minutes...

Stretching out with his arms in the air, he is surprised at the quiet.  Usually, many wander in and out of here, but it would seem that this is one of the slow days.  Opening his eyes up fully as he looks up at the sky, he smiles up at the tree.  It's still just as beautiful as it was before he left it alone for his dreams.

Elemiah noticed that Rhia had woken up. ''Hey.'' She says after a minute.

Rhiannon jumps at the sudden sound, his head turning to see the lovely Elemiah.  A smile lights his face as the pain in his back is attempted to be ignored, "Oh!  Hey!  So sorry, I didn't see you!   What's it...forever since we last spoke?"

''Indeed it has, I have a delivery for a priestess of this place, but she didn't seem to be there yet. And I saw you so.... I thought I would wait here. Besides this tree is always beautiful to look at too. I imagine you came by to do some rune work, how is the business going ?'' She asked curious to know how the younger noe was faring. He was a rare one that asked her help and did not annoy her. A lot of them tend to annoy her a lot, most of the time because they are not quick enough to catch on the information she gives them and she loses patience. This one guy was an exception though, he managed to learn a lot of it pretty quickly.

"Oh, the usual,"  Rhia says, "Quite busy.  Most places are upset that I don't stay long enough for each visit--especially the Dragaultia region...but I really just can't stand to stay still for too long.  I'd just get too restless.  Oh!  I heard rumors they found a lunar tree sapling underwater in Dragaultia--how in the world would a sapling survive underwater?"

''Wow that is pretty crazy, then again these trees are magical soo... maybe it is possible for them to grow underwater.'' She said, placing a hand on her chin. ''How long will you stay around here ?'' Elemiah asked, curious.

Rhia makes a half frown, "I'm not sure, to be honest.  I'm stuck here until Priestess Thalassa looks at my back.  She's gotta fix it or...well, I don't know.  Something is wrong with it.  I woke with intense pain and now it just...hurts.  And then a girl I rode up here with told me it's got a burn mark in it."

''Uh ?!'' She exclaim with surprise. ''That's pretty intense, well if you'd like I can stick around in case something comes up. It's weird though, I never heard of something like this among noe.''

"I've never heard of it, period."  Rhiannon sighs, "Do you want to see it?"

Elemiah nods and says ''Yeah, I'd be curious to see it. ''

Rhiannon stands, quickly pulling off his shirt and turning around to show her the burn mark.  He hisses inwards, inhaling deeply as his shirt sticks to the sore skin.  He pulls the shirt up gently and slowly to reduce the amount of pain as he grits his teeth and closes his eyes.

Spoiler:

She notice him looking clearly in pain as he raise the shirt up. ''Wow, that is pretty intense and looks like a rune too. Doesn't look very pleasant either, I hope the priestess have something that can ease your pain a bit.''

"Me, too,"  Rhiannon says as he turns around to face her.  He pulls the shirt off the rest of the way and checks it for blood.  None.  "Do you think she'll think I did this to myself?  I hope she believes me--I really don't know how it happened."

''I think she'll look into the matter seriously. Beside it's in your back, would have been hard to do it to yourself. '' She said before adding. ''Anyhow I'll stick around and see what happens.

''Thanks,"  Rhiannon says appreciatively, "I'm sure she'll be here before dark.  I've been nervous, so I hoped sleep would help."
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd April 2017, 7:43 pm

She shivers as she watches the water flowing.  It will be at least a little bit before the nets are dry enough to work with.  She goes to her house to find a warmer shawl and a basket.  She will take advantage of the quiet beach to find some shells.  It will be nice to have free items to make jewelry from.

She wraps the shawl and walks along the beach.  She can hear the bustling sounds coming from some of the beachside businesses.  She bends down finding a shell or two.  The moon providing just the right amount of light.  She gives berth to a few couples who are taking romantic strolls.  It is a perfect night for it.  Soon she returns back to her house.  She exchanges the basket for her repair kit.  The nets should be dry enough by now.

She is happy to see a lamp by the nets.  Perhaps it was set up for this cause.  She gets right to work on repairing the nets.  It is tedious work to some, but she loves it.  She is busy working and starts to hum a tune.  It is a Sol song.  She stops humming and sits up.  She looks up at the moon.  It feels…wrong to hum a song of the Sol under the moonlight as a Noe.  A light flashes in the corner of her eyes.  It is from the light house.  Tomorrow she will make her way there, she will begin her studies into the Noe life.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 8th April 2017, 12:28 pm

[Attn: Open]

Kaell may had found a comfortable grove to stay in, but he had gotten way off track, not that it was a problem. It wasn't as if he was on a schedule, and besides, the divide was beautiful. Not to mention that in this area he had now found lots of edible plants and berries for food. Even did a bit of fishing and was able to cook a few decent meals.... The place was kind of mystical to him. He almost didn't realize that a few days had passed. It was funny, seeing as he was in a big hurry to get through the divide at first, but now he wasn't even headed in the same direction.

From the grove he had found that there  was a lot more forested areas in the middle of the divide than he ever imagined. He had found caves, streams, and even a few kinds of trees he had rarely seen before. He loved discovering things out here anyway, and after Tyriel and other places, being on his own wasn't so bad for now. Besides, there were plenty of animals out here. He hadn't seen any people yet, but who knows out here? Maybe someone else would be crazy enough to live way out here.

Whereas at first, he had planned to move more towards Nova VII, he had now changed direction a bit. He knew he was now headed more in the direction of the Ruby Forest, but that was okay, the allure of it was growing on him more and more as he explored the divide. Maybe he would even go further and visit Pyrra? Maybe even get to finally visit Nova X? He wasn't sure yet.

Either way, he could make his way around the continent at some point, there was no hurry there, but he was now getting pretty close to the Ruby Forest anyway. The hike today had been pretty strenuous, but he was almost to the summit of this particular mountain...

"Or plateau,...." he realized as he got to the top, "Actually didn't realize I had made it quite this far..."

Crimson Plateau~ Small plateau known to the people in the area for overlooking the forest

Early Morning

The unfortunate part about being here, is that very few people climb this particular plateau, as it is only climbable from the side HE CAME FROM. "Oh wow..." he looked around, this had to be it. This place had a very distinct look to it. The trees were all thin, wispy, birch trees, almost exclusively, but in this particular forest, with it's temperature always as it was, the leaves were almost always perpetually in a reddish state, as if it were fall all year around, and to be honest, it felt like fall here... it was beautiful.... Kaell had only really heard stories of this nigh unexplored place and had always wanted to see it.... and now, here he had found it, and by accident at that! He looked around in awe as he walked through. The trees were so thin, and the leaves so thick, it was like being under a roof. It was like an incredibly large house with no walls... He could see the cliff side through the trees, still distant a bit, from where he was here on the back side. It was surreal. It was actually just really cool. Admiration

Then, something in the distance caught his eye, to which he ran..... it couldn't be... he thought to himself as he got closer, seeing a small dip in the mostly flat forest area. It was a clearing, almost right in the middle of the plateau , it seemed.... and at it's center, a solar tree... and an older one at that... it was too late to get it transported to a temple at it's current form in life, but it seemed it had persisted right here on it's own just fine. He wondered at this point if anyone else had ever seen this tree... Everything here looked untouched. But he was here now seeing it....

Kaell went to the tree, feeling the bark gently. It was warm, and almost crumbled at his touch. This was amazing... they never get this big in temples.... but, should I tell someone about this? And then, who could I trust to? Maybe it was best to leave it be, but he felt like he was here for a reason.

The moon was almost completely faded into the morning sky at this point, but he could still feel it 'calling' to him... From here he felt he should head south.... for some reason... Well, he was going that way anyway... but was the moon actually directing him towards someone this time? THAT would be unusual... it had very seldom happened before, which must mean.... well, he wasn't sure, other than that it was something important.

He went over this spot on his mental map, remembering how he got here. As awesome as it was though, it was time to keep going. He was going to have to work late today. It was time to find a way off this plateau that didn't involve falling from an insane height at the other end. He decided he was going to head for the peninsula towards Nova one from here. He could alway visit Nova X later, and he could see part of the Ruby Forest on the way... Hell, he could already see a bit of it from the cliff side of this plateau as it was... XD

But for now, he would have to take a detour.... Where to get off this place?
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 30th April 2017, 5:01 pm

Rhia is distracted as another young man around his age enters, looking depressed as hell. His hair is deep black and his eyes are a beautiful, dark brown. He simply walks in with a rushed pace, as though he's in a hurry to get here and unhappy about it.

As he walks in, he looks up at the sky while the sun sets. The stars, the brightest ones, are already visible, but many are still hidden by the sun's light. He looks so...desperate as he looks up into that light, yearning for the sun to keep him warm with a posture of tension and uncertainty. He's completely ignoring Elemiah and Rhia, but now the room is quiet and awkward. Just waiting. They all know why he's here.

Several awkward minutes pass as the Priestess enters, noticing the child looking up at the sky while the sun continues to set. She stares for a bit longer before her gaze sees Rhiannon and she smiles. Waving to her and Elemiah, she is about to say something when the boy with his dark hair and eyes begins to laugh with relief.

Her gaze returns to him and she scowls. Although the priestess appreciates his relief, she is also somewhat insulted by it. Priests of the Noe do not particularly enjoy this part of the job--they are always so happy to be left in the arms of the Sun, but it is as if they are also happy to not be one of them. It's never something that Priestess Rynara has ever taken well.

Biting her tongue, she looks at Elemiah and Rhiannon and greets them with a traditional hug while the dark-haired boy walks out, skipping with his own, personal joy. She congratulates him during his exit briefly with words before she moves from hugging Elemiah to hugging Riannon.

"I know why you're here," Prestess Rynara says to Elemiah, "but why in the world are you here? Isn't it a bit early?"

Rhiannon smiles nervously, nodding his head that she's correct as her gaze shifts to him with speculation. He crosses his arms over his chest with discomfort, a bit of dread sinking into his stomach. He had just been speaking about his back a few minutes before, but now that she's here, it seems a lot more difficult.

"U-um, yes," Rhiannon says uneasily, "I needed to speak with you privately. I have a personal issue that I am hoping you can advise me about."

The Priestess looks at him with intrigue, her robes swishing against the floor as she moves swiftly to the room's entrance, "Very well, why don't we talk in my personal office? I can help you there."

Rhia nods his head, waving to Elemiah before making his way towards the exit with her while the Priestess assures the girl that she'll be out to speak with her shortly. Then, she follows Rhiannon across the temple's main hall and into the office and closes the door.

"I woke from a sharp pain on my back," Rhiannon says immediately, quick with nervousness, "I was told there's a mark left there--and that it's a rune."

The Priestess squints her eyes, intrigue still there as he takes his shirt off and turns away from her. The woman had picked up her glass to drink some of her tea, but as he turns to show the mark, her glass falls to the floor, glas shattering and tea splashing into a mess.

Rhiannon turns back to her again, looking afraid and confused. Her expression is blank, empty, but the balled up fists over her heart say plenty on their own. She swallows hard, her eyes looking into his with silent, inner panic. She seems uncomfortable, now.

Riannon is terrified, now, but his dread seems to have weighed him down, entirely as he freezes up, unable to move or speak. He doesn't think, he doesn't wonder. He just knows that something is wrong and he's afraid that if he speaks, somehow, the world will shatter and everything that is good in life will vanish.

Finally, the Priestess asks him a question with a shaky, stern voice and as she does, the fear in her voice sends shivers down Rhiannon's spine. He's never heard the Priestess Rynara sound this afraid.

"Who else knows about this?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next