Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Otherworldly Adventures.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Otherworldly Adventures. - Page 2 Empty Otherworldly Adventures.

Post by EphPhoenix 15th May 2017, 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a chill autumn in the large town of Emberville. A cool breeze had been sweeping through the town all week, but the chill that seemed to be settling into their bones seemed colder, deeper.

Crime, small in the town up to now, had seemed to increase exponentially in the last month. For every one that the police thwarted, two more happened in its place. Mysterious happenings were prevalent all the time, now: strange disappearances, bodiless voices, walls painted in blood smears, hideous screams, men in robes. The place seemed to be becoming a real hell on Earth.

In Emberville High, a young boy sat in class, looking out the window. His look was far off, but not in the dreamy, fun way. Quite the contrary, he seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"Joseph? I'm sure the outside world is interesting, but perhaps--"

"'A' over sine alpha is equal to b over sine beta," Joseph said without looking away from the window. "I'm listening, Ms. Wimberly."

"Oh. Um...okay," his teacher said, surprise showing on her features as she awkwardly got back into the lesson.

"Uber-nerd..."

Joseph listened with only half a mind. Well, truth to tell, since this all started, he didn't have to listen with any mind. It was always there, downloading his surroundings. It made things easier, allowed him to his thoughts, but...eh. He never struggled with his studies, it was convenient, but kind of needless. Or was it? He didn't know.

His town was getting worse and he had no idea why. He could feel a...darkness. But it was unfocused, seemingly everywhere, but too light to pinpoint. The evidence was apparent. Why is this happening? I stopped the evil from taking root here...

He wished the Council hadn't been "disbanded." Since their silence, he was in the dark about so many things. As Airtasm, he had access to a plethora of supernatural knowledge, but there was so much to sift through, and it might as well have been useless. It was like putting in a search for something vague--so many hits to sift through. He sighed and inclined his head slightly to dodge the spitball Johnson blew at him. Okay, so maybe the enhanced presence had its uses. He heard the douchebag curse under his breath and grinned a bit. His first in days. He wished Serena was here.

Suddenly, the world seemed to slow. He sighed and got to his feet. He knew spirit time when he felt it. There, at the front of the room, an apparition. A little girl. She looked at him sadly, her mouth moving but no sound coming out, then she was gone.

"Joseph? Joseph? Are you okay?"

He sighed again. Spirit time was over. The entire class was looking at him, Ms. Wimberly with concern. He shrugged and headed toward the door. "No, I'm not," he said. "Don't feel well, yadda, yadda, yadda."

He headed out the door...and off campus. School was a joke, and he was getting a feeling.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Otherworldly Adventures. - Page 2 Empty Re: Otherworldly Adventures.

Post by Ink 29th May 2017, 1:18 pm

Ako blinks. "Wow, you're dramatic. Don't flatter yourself. You're not that interesting. I was just trying to get to the bottom of all this. What're you doing here?" Ako's tail morphs into a question mark, and she cocks her head to one side, blinking quizzically. Suddenly her tail straightens into an exclamation point. Once again showing her disregard for personal space, she gets right up in the boy's face. "Oh! You're looking into this too, right?!" She pops back away from him, pumping her fist. "Awesome! It'll be like Superhero Team-Up #1! The Amazing Ako and... this guy!" Then she pauses and crosses her arms, looking him over again. "Hm. Say, can you go all Edge-Lordy, again? That'd make for a way funnier story."

She glances off into space for a moment with a shrug. "Oh. The bad guy's totally downstairs." Her tail morphs back into a question mark. "Wait. Why're you hiding under a desk?"
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th May 2017, 4:31 pm

He shook his head. "Not now," he said. He pointed back outside. "I'm sure you had to pass through that barrier keeping supernatural creatures in? I went through it as an Agent and it would've set off alarm bells. Pretty sure if I did it, now, it would, too." He inclined his head. "Trying to keep it low key until it's time for heavy hitting, y'know?"

He grinned teasingly. "And who's being flattering?" he said in a smug voice. "For all I know, your life in the future could be so boring that a boring teenager in the past is what passes for quality entertainment in your world." He stuck his tongue out as he pulled out a blank card and card reader.

"Anyway," he went on, going all business. "I had the same thought--the basement. But if you noticed, they have key cards--so I was getting me a key card. Hellooooo, nurse!" He smiled with satisfaction. "The last user left his login active." He quickly had a card made. "And as Holmes would say--though, not original canon--the game's afoot!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 1st June 2017, 10:00 am

Ako folds her arms and puffs a cheek in response to hi refusal. "Awww. But that's so..."

"Smart?"

"I was gonna say boring, actually," Ako says. At his teasing, Ako arches an eyebrow. "Magical kung-fu aliens that can pop planets with a finger; super weapon androids in the form of teenage girls; angels just casually walkin' around in broad daylight, fighting demons on a regular basis; yup my time must be sooo dull."

"Ako!"

Ako shrugs before drifting after the boy, doing a backstroke through the air. "What? Not like he can do anything with that information. And he's gonna be dead before any of it even matters." As he comes to the door, she swipes the tip of her tail through the card reader again and it dings. She proceeds to coil her tail around the handle and hold the door open for him. "Going down?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st June 2017, 2:58 pm

He grinned. "Boring as it may be," he said pointedly, "the kind of excitement that comes from giving yourself away here potentially means dead kids - - if there aren't some already..." He added under his breath. He looked at her pointedly. "And I don't get how you managed to not set off alarm bells, either."

He listened to her reply and blinked. "Yeah..." he agreed. That definitely sounds like an anime nerd's dream..." He shook his head as she had an argument with dude in her head. "That's exactly the line someone says before they go back to their time to find out the" harmless guy" made a cult dedicated to your eradication. Just saying." He gave her a sly wink.

At opening the door for him, he nodded. "That's nifty. It also make Julian fries?" He looked to the stairs and took a deep breath. "Okay. Here we go."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 6th June 2017, 1:31 pm

At the boy's jest regarding cults, Ako shrugs. "Meh. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt," she says. "If I had a credit for every cult out there that wanted me dead, I'd be waaay richer. They tend to get a little salty when the demon they summoned to help take over the world decides to just kick their asses instead. They really oughta watch those cholesterol levels."

Ako looks at her tail, which brings itself up to eye level with her as if sentient, and the two 'look' at one another. "I dunno. Can you?" Her tail bobs up and down as if nodding. It draws an outline of Yoki in the air then 'clicks' on it, as it had with things prior. From that the outline takes shape and materializes the aforementioned fries. "Neat." Ako grabs hold of the small container and plucks a fry from it, popping it into her mouth. "Ooh. Zesty."

Ako proceeds past the kid, and down the stairwell, floating slowly down as she eats more of the tasty treat. "Geronimo," she says.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th June 2017, 12:03 pm

Joseph watched blankly at her antics, then grinned and shook his head. "Apparently, the world of the future is one giant cartoon," he said blithely, folding his hands behind his head and following after.

She seemed to want to lead the charge, so he followed. It was a long set of stairs, widely spaced, and their footfalls reverberated. They emerged from the door...into silence. The entire basement floor was deserted. It was just a large, bare room with entrances that led into large hallways. There were no customers, no workers, nothing, just that annoying buzzing noise heard when it was too quiet. "Creep factor just jumped up to 100..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st September 2017, 10:40 am

"Huh," Ako says and she approaches the center of the room, finishing her treat. "I guess demons in this era really were into stuff like this. Super retro." She floats a few inches from the ground, drifting ahead a bit more. "Hm... looots of yoki, down here, all right. Let's see where the epicenter is." Her tail raises up, pointing down one of the hallways and pinging like a radar that's got a blip. "Survey says... thataway. Whataya think we're gonna find down here, anyway? You're more familiar with demons and stuff from this time, right?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 25th September 2017, 1:58 pm

"I swear, you sound like an anime," he commented. "I assume that to mean demonic -- yes she does." The dead spoke all languages, and now so did he. No sooner did he question then the knowledge appeared in his head. He still didn't know how he felt about that. It was useful, but...

"I don't know how you pinpoint anything," he went on. Plenty of time to go down that rabbit hole another day. "The place reeks of...youki...I can't really get a bead on it."

He shook his head. "I'm new to the gig, actually," he admitted. "Stuff like this is entirely new. But...if I had to hazard a guess with the knowledge available...chanting cults, virgin sacrifices, that kinda thing. The town's been growing more...corrupt. People are angrier, more prone to give in to their darker impulses. For that, it would mean corrupting something pure --" He stopped in his tracks and horror grew on his face. "The missing kids he was talking about!" He turned back to the hallways, looking around more urgently. One of the hallways had another staircase. He began beelining for it.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top