Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Wrought Role-Play

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soul Wrought Role-Play Empty Soul Wrought Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 28th July 2018, 6:10 pm

Soul Wrought Role-Play Intro10

RPM: @JerriLeah7 RPH: @MethosArchaic
Character Color Codes
ab1717Ascharya
6699ffSuitsue
c15600Zahoet
ccffffSuzette
9933ccChenoa
b471ceSeneka
ff9999Kokola
669966Shamblo
00a86bNephenee
830042Jazz
009999Lulumi
966F33Tayus

Post Seps:
Soul Wrought Role-Play Archer10
Soul Wrought Role-Play Corpor10
Soul Wrought Role-Play Leveat10
Soul Wrought Role-Play Mezzet10

Last edited by Deerandra on 12th October 2018, 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Soul Wrought Role-Play Empty Re: Soul Wrought Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 29th July 2018, 10:16 pm

Soul Wrought Role-Play Soitbe10
It is near sunset, hues of purple and pink within the sky threatening to push back the light and invite the deep blues of the night. The quiet moves over the region as the creatures move into their dens for the night. Torches are already burning, sprite bugs lighting up the sky here and there to give assistance. The doors of the Tribe, rather massive in size, are now closing up for the night, as all travelers are expected to have return to safety by now.

Cinema Tribe prepares its feasts, dinners prepped for various sections of the small denizen areas and the large tables are carefully cleaned before the freshest foods are set out for eating. The Tribe is loud, people move about from building to building, covering their duties while the hunters are out at the springs bathing after coming in from their hunts. It's been another long day, once more and the people of Cinema are left to appreciate what they have as they relish in the luxury of being separated from the wilderness on the other side of their protective walls.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 29th July 2018, 10:47 pm

Ascharya is perched up within her tower, a square shaped stall stacked upon her home rather stalwartly. The top room is but a tent, of sorts, covered by a Hwy patterned cloth of her home that drapes around the sides carelessly and rustles wildly when it is a windy night. Tonight, however, is not such a night. The cloth hangs still, though the air is quite cold, and the small trap door leading down into the stairs below is all that keeps the home below away from the weather's frosty grasp.

She has been leaning over the small, wooden table before her, concentrating rather carefully on the book upon its surface. The current page contains a list of names, names of the Magicians within Cinema. The chair to the table is tucked beneath it, unused. It's no wonder she has so many back problems, considering how low the table is. She's constantly stooping over her work. Movement catches her attention from the corner of her eye.

Turning her gaze to the right, a light bird has landed upon the top of the wall, finding the cloth's opening with great care and familiarity. Paper is attached, as usual. Stormy. She stands up straight, moving over to the lovely Raven and taking the message from the container tied to its foot. Opening it up, she reads the familiar penmanship with Sarresha's aid.

Stormy indeed. With a half frown, she closes the paper back away and look to Sarresha with a slight discomfort, "Damned fool has the balls to call me on an errand." She groans to herself, mumbling about old men and their neediness as she opens the trap door. The maned wolf, a beautiful, tall fox with elegant movement, soon followed her down the narrow tower stairs and into the main home. Another small room, but at least the first floor was larger, overall.

With a sigh, she was glad that the stairs were easy to navigate without clear sight. She'll have so many more struggles, soon. Climbing that mountain...it will be such a pain. However, if his granddaughter truly has become a sapling...then she must receive help as soon as possible. Yet, who to take with her? A Spiritualist will be necessary, of course...

Suitsue roared at the top of her lungs, the song of battle echoing forth and crashing against the heavens. Okay, so it wasn't really crashing against the heavens...okay, so it wasn't really a roar. It's more like a tiny scream, like that of a child, nagging at one's eardrums. Yet, Suitsue is a bit of a dramatic and she'd like it better if it were a roar, so she's going to pretend that that is what it is. A roar.

Her hands are balled into fists and they've slammed down upon the table. She's imagined that the table has broken before, shattered into pieces. Unfortunately, the stupid table is just fine. Stupid sturdy piece of wood! Her father stands before her, his arms crossed as he looks down upon her and she just glares back. SHe really IS glaring, though. She's not afraid of him! Too much, anyway...

Ridian sighs, "I know, I know. This is for the Tribe. And for us. The family. You have a duty to Cinema--"

"No!" Suitsue slams down upon the table again, throwing the shattered pieces of the table into the stars. In her imagination. "I am not considering this. I'm much too young for betrothal. DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

Ridian's stone cold, stoic and expressionless face says it all. He is unaffected by her temper tantrum and her imaginary destruction of his home. She growls in her throat, but he cuts her short, "Listen. I told him that I'd consider it. That is all. You will meet with him, get to know him while he's in town. Then report back to me. That's all I ask of you."

Kicking a chair to the side, she crosses her arms back. She can do it, too! She glares harder until magic beams of death come out of her eyes and fry his brains. He's unaffected. He stands his ground against her attack--he must have an impenetrable shield, one far larger than hers...cursed family genes! Why must he excel in battling against her?!

Finally, she huffs, turning away from him with a pouting expression, "I'm going out for a walk."

"It's dark and the block's feast begins soon--"

Suitsue waves at him with exasperation, "I know father, you jerk. I'm going out for a walk!"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 2nd August 2018, 5:25 pm

[Attn: Open]

Nephanee rested, though she barely managed rest for more than a couple of hours at a time. Large, snow white, scaled hands wrap around her neck, ripping her from her sleep and dreams as she gasps desperately for her life breath.

Those hands connect to a scaly thing. Goat-slitted, orange eyes gaze down as she feels the pressure of the strange looking creature now straddling her form, which is small in comparison to its own size as it towers above her. The horns upon its head are twisted, sharp, thorny. The long claws scratch at her skin on her neck, its teeth visibly sharp when revealed behind a devilish grin. The wings upon its back are black, ashen.

As Nephanee chokes for air, he growls above her as the ash rises up from the surface beneath her his voice deep and somehow echoing, "Where is Lorelond?"

Leaning down, sniffing her hair and face, whispers in the distance state that it can smell Lorelond on her. She smells sweet and tasty. It is then the hands are suddenly removed, oxygen returning to her lungs as the humanoid with snow white scales and skin almost seems to vanish from view before flickering back into her sight. The weight of its body is gone, but it still appears to be there, waiting and staring intensely.

"Hgk!"

Hands were on her throat. "Damnation...!" she choked out, her hands balling into fists to lash out at..."Blazin'...hell...?!"

It was indescribable. And hideous. She choked, her hands instinctively reaching to try and break the lock on her throat. Her hands found nothing. Shit...! Pain etched through her neck as its inhuman eyes tried to bore through her like augurs. She struggled futilely, fear and anger warring for supremacy.

"Blazes!" she gasped. "Who...?!"

Before anything else can be said, it's gone, and the pressure on her neck blessedly released, sending her into a coughing fit. It reappeared in her field of vision away from her. The fear gave way to the white hot ball of anger that took the reins as she grabbed the nearest object and chucked it at the thing. "You damned sumbitch goat-lickin' slimebucket of a varmint!" she roared at it fiercely, fire in her eyes as she cast about for a weapon as she kept flinging any object that was within reach at it.

The objects went through it, the creature still, gazing with disinterest. Still, displeasure marked its countenance at her response. Within a heartbeat, it was before her, it's human like face mere centimeters from hers. It smelled like sulfur. Laughter chittered in the distance, but this thing wasn't laughing.

"I'll find you. I'll hunt you and rip the answer out of you, piece by piece." It licked its lips hungrily and then it vanished into smoke as silence returned.

Despite her anger, she took an involuntary step back as it was suddenly in front of her. Its words danced around her, making her feel filthy. "T-take a bath when ya do, shitlicker! Ya smell like rotten eggs!" Her words bounced off the walls in the now silent house. Her body shook from adrenaline...and the fear she didn't want to admit was creeping up her spine.

Suddenly, her grandfather burst through the door, short spear in hand and looking like a thundercloud. He surveyed the room and then her, his eyes taking her in with a glance. "Is it still here?" he said in that deathly quiet voice that bespoke sudden violence.

She shook her head. He relaxed slightly. "Get some rocks," he said. "Fer yer neck. Ice patches--" he cut off as she nodded; she knew. He nodded. "Try and get some more rest, if'n ya can."

Sleep. She missed that. Fuck this magic bullshit. "Granpa?" She stopped at the door and he regarded her. It hurt to use her voice. "The name 'Lorelond' mean anythin' ta ya?" He shook his head. "S'what it was askin' fer."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd August 2018, 7:14 pm

{Attn: Open}
Chenoa looks up at the people passing in front of her.  She loves this time of day.  Work gets put away, and the village gets together.  She sets the basket she just finished to the side.  She rises to a standing position and stretches, her body making cracking noises as she does.  She really needs to get up more often.  Kohi scrambles to her shoulder and squawks.  “Yes, I believe it is time for dinner.  Shall we see what needs to be done?”

She picks up the basket and puts it with the other finished ones.  She sees a shelf of ones that still need repairing.  It is a job that seems unending.  Kohi screeches again, almost in her ear.  Fermi is just walking away.  “I think he was saying hi.”

Fermi laughs and pets Kohi.  “I don’t know about you, but I am starving.  I hope your family joins mine again for the feast.”  Chenoa winks at her as Kohi climbs down for some more scratches.  “Just don’t feed him too much, it makes his tummy ache.  I have to check in, but we will see you and your family in a little bit.”

Chenoa walks to her home.  As soon as she gets in Kohi jumps down and scrambles to the kitchen.  “Chenoa how many times must I tell you no Kohi in the kitchen.” Liseli barks from the cooking area.  “I have some dishes for you to take to the feast.”  Chenoa goes into the area.  “I ran into Fermi and invited her and her family to sit with us.”  She cannot see it, but Liseli smirks.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 4th August 2018, 12:34 am

[Attn: Chenoa, Open]

The shaft of yoke on his shoulder was heavy as he balanced it with his back and arm while climbing the steps to his cesspits. It was slow and tiring to carry the night-soil each evening. Each time he toiled up the steps to get the large bronze jars into place, he regretted having proposed and taken this task on himself. Bending his knees, he lowered himself till the weight lifted as the jar's bottoms touched down.

Slipping out from the yoke, he unhooked the chains, then positioned his crane like apparatus into place and hooked up the harness so he could tip them properly. Each one took several minutes, as he had to bend his wrist and elbow oddly while also using his hip to keep the straps from slipping till they where tight. This was all necessary of course to maintain his place with the tribe, his magic alone wasn't always enough to balance out his inefficiencies. Sometimes if the children stayed late, they could do this part many times faster than he.

Zahoet Thimble scolded, feeling the young man's frustration. What He didn't say was that Zahoet was plenty useful, though the feeling was conveyed to the young man regardless as was Thimble's way.

There was a sigh, "You're right as usual Grandfather." Zahoet conceeded. Zahoet finished the straps then, pushed the cover of the cesspit open. The smell burst out, exploding out and seeking it's way into Zahoet's nose and mouth. He kept his mouth closed and held his breath to avoid as much as possible as he moved around the pit holding the rope. Wrapping it around his arm several times by twirling his wrist, he pulled with his bodies' weight. The bronze container that was half his height tipped and it's contents poured down. Slipping out of his left shoe, he focused his magic and felt the mud start to flow and form around his foot and ankle. Sending his will into it, he caused it to wash through the container to clear out the thing and then send it down into the pit.

Finishing this one, he continued onwards to the second one and repeated the process. Closing up the pits, he moved the jars from the platform back to the yoke with much shouldering and working it back and forth. Having them hooked back up, he carried them back into the village. The empty vessels had to go back to where he had gotten them. To Zahoet, the trek was basically a momentary break in his rounds for the end of the day.

It will pay off. The Old Man reassured him with the faintest hints of encouragement and pride. The sensation quickly changing to surprise then a dreamlike feeling of hunger and yearning.

"Ah, Dinnertime" their voice mingling in each others heads and out loud.

Zahoet picked up his pace, the bells starting to jingle faster as he started to sprint. His entire arm flexing and holding hard to the yoke as he hustled. There would still be three more rounds tonight before he could turn in, but he had to hurry or he was going to receive an earful for being late. Drawing a few glances as he jingled by, only added to the groan he made at the thought of his slowness. Thimble was surely amused, but Zahoet didn't hear it as focused as he was with keeping the yoke from slipping.

His sister saw him and flagged him down. Zahoet slowed and stopped, "Oh good. Chenoa invited us to sit with them, I'm just off to tell Mom and Dad. Good, I'm off." Fermi said without really waiting for Zahoet to really get much of a say either way, after all their families often invited each other. Fermi really was good friends with Chenoa.

This meant that he needed to change his route to adjust for the development. It was a little further to travel, but otherwise didn't throw his work into disarray. He always switched empty gathering pots with full ones, so Chenoa's area would just move up to the second batch, after dinner of course.

Finally making it to the group of homes, he settled them out of the way. Glad that Chenoa hadn't yet seen him, there was still hope that he could get cleaned up before he was noticed... that's when he saw her... seeing him. Crap, it was the bells again. This time he could feel Thimble's laughter...

"Stupid Ol' Man." Zahoet grumbled as he pulled out a rag and started to clean himself with the water in a pot under the eave. It was cold of course, but that was alright. He scrubbed at his face first then working down his neck and moving onto his legs.

When Chenoa approached in the middle of cleaning, which she was bound to do, Zahoet would greet her with a bit of a smile. "Hey. Mind helping me here?" Zahoet said offering her the rag so she could wash his hand and forearm for him, his determined self-sufficient facade able to be put away around this, his most trusted friend and that familiar comfort that he felt around her.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th August 2018, 9:03 am

Chenoa grabs two bowls and takes them outside.  Just as she does two kids race by her followed by her younger brother.  Chenoa spins around, but keeps hold of the bowls.  She then catches Zahoet’s eyes and smiles.  She whistles to get her brother’s and his friends’ attention.  “Now go put this on the table for me, I will be right back.”  Halian rolls his eyes, but takes one of the bowls while his friend take the other.

Chenoa approaches Zahoet and takes the rag he was using.  She begins to clean the dirt off him.  “I don’t know if you ran into Fermi or not, but your family is welcome to sit with mine.  Dinner smells really good.  Mom was cooking up a storm too.  If you need help after dinner, let me know.  I will be working with the leather tomorrow, so I have some time. Maybe if you are good, I may make a little something just for you.” She winks and smiles at him teasingly.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 11th August 2018, 8:11 pm

[ATTN: Closed]

"Aaaaaand there." The young man hummed, his sweet, honeysuckle voice a comforting lull as he gracefully plucked the last remaining spine from the young womans foot. He knelt before her, polished tool in one hand, its intimidating maw gripping the blood stained thorn, the young woman's foot in the other; delicately gripped with a surgeons accuracy and gentle touch.

His tongue gently tutted, clicking against the roof of his mouth. "Now, what have we learned here about running barefoot amongst the underbrush?" He released the girls trembling foot, running thumb comfortingly across its top before swiftly and gracefully pulling himself to his feet.

The young girl blushed, but Seneka was wise enough to know it was not based solely in his friendly admonishment. The soft, willowy smile that he had, everpresent, on his face, only brightened and pulled wider as the young woman's mother took her turn to scold her. He took the opportunity to turn away, dropping the spine in the clean, shining bowl that held the rest of the spines he had pulled from her foot, laying down his tools on the now bloody cloth beside it.

“Thank ye, Seneka. Who knows where this little rascal would be, out actin’ a fool, if we didn’t have you.” The older woman glared down at the young girl, who wilted away from her harsh gaze.

Seneka grabbed a cloth, dampened with disinfecting alcohol, turning back to his patient. “Ah, I know the ways of idle, rebellious youth.” He smiled placatingly. “We were all young once- This might sting a little, alright?”

He waited for the girl to nod before gently dabbing at the wounds on her skin, washing away the blood, disinfecting the wounded skin. It took him but a few moments, before he turned back to his table, discarding the cloth in the bowl, and grabbed a roll of bandages.

He briskly, precisely, delicately wrapped the girls ankle as she was squabbling with her mother. She didn’t even notice Seneka bandaging her wound. He took that as a sign he was good at his job, and left it at that.

“Aaaaand that’s it. You’re all set.” Seneka beamed up at them brightly, rising gracefully to his feet, offering out his hand to the girl to help her stand. “Now, keep off it as much as you can, no climbing, no running, and no....other strenuous activity.” A glint of practiced humor danced in his eyes as the girl shrank back, embarrassed. A small chuckle rose in his throat, to comfort her as she took his hand, wincing slightly at the weight on her wounded foot. His gaze shifted to her mother. “Lots of bedrest, and keep the foot elevated if it starts hurting. If the pain persists, come back to me and I’ll prescribe her something.” He handed her a roll of bandages with his spare hand, the woman clutched them tightly, hanging on to Seneka’s instruction. “Change her bandages every day. If you need more, see me, but that should be enough.”

“Seneka,” The woman sighed wistfully, helping her daughter take two more steps to the door. Luckily, neither lived far, but it would still take them a while, he imagined. “Wonder how a man like you hasn’t wrangled a wife, yet.”

He paused, chuckling a bit, awkwardly this time. He was used to the question; a question that had become more frequent with age.

He let his chuckle be his answer, and watched them disappear into the cool evening air.

---

Seneka, colorful scarf draped about his neck, stepped out into the brisk gale of his doorstep, making sure to leave notice that his clinic was closed for the evening. The villagers knew that if they needed him, they could find him. He was a very hard man to miss, with his white, curly hair, and striking, lavender eyes.

He had assimilated well enough, despite his oddities, but found himself, despite the friendly demeanor of his last patients, looking for the companionship of one more familiar.

He knew his sister was out, on a mission she had said. So no one awaited him at home; the evening was his, and his alone.

His eyes idly cast out into the growing darkness, and he walked deftly in the direction of Suitsue’s house.
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th August 2018, 10:50 am

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

"Shh, little one. It's okay. This is a trial unlike any you've ever faced."

He was calling her little one, he was worried. Granpa practically [i]carried her back in--and she realized ruefully that he had only been trying to let her carry the illusion of independence. She hadn't gotten but 10 steps out of the house when the visions began. Strange otherworldy places that she had never before contemplating existing. One minute she'd been in a barren, cold reflection of their mountain with greenish orbs floating around (she could've sworn one looked human for a second), and then she was seeing an inferno hellscape with creatures unlike anything but nightmare fuel. There was a moment when one of the creatures turned its unearthly gaze upon her and in that moment, she felt like the mouse before the owl. It was overwhelming, her senses being bombarded relentlessly with sounds, sights, smells that she couldn't comprehend all at once--and then nothing. She'd found herself being held up by Granpa.

He'd never let her out of his sight. "Fires, barren, or golden?" he said to her.

"Two outta three," she answered. "Not golden, tho'. That'n sounds nice."

"Don't be too sure," he said darkly. "All that shines isn't necessarily pretty."

"When does it stop...?" She felt a crack in her voice that brought shame to her.

"It doesn't. Just gets more manageable."

"I--"

Her eyes burned as suddenly she was thrust out of twilight and into brightest day. Lush, golden greenery fluttered in a gentle breeze, raw gems littered the ground. It was gorgeous. She looked around, taking in the golden sky and-- "Avert your eyes, girl."

Her eyes shot down, there was a man. His clothes marked him from the east, fluttering in the breeze. How was he standing there?! He was staring right at her, shaking his head with an expression of warning.

"Wha...?"

She heard sounds and her eyes darted beyond him. "Don't...!" he cried, but it was too late. Beautiful little creatures with little bobbing lights were dancing. It seemed almost ritualistic. It, too, was gorgeous, their movements somehow perfect. Then her eyes fell on something in between them. It was unrecognizable, having been eviscerated beyond recognition. Then she saw the blood covered fingers of the creatures, who continued to dance and flit and laugh.

"I did warn you," the man said grimly. "Must be a Sapling."

He faded from her sight and she jarred back into reality. Immediately, she stumbled for the outside and retched. She'd sliced open enough animal bodies, but that hadn't been skinning for hunting...that wasn't anything remotely like it at all.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 15th August 2018, 8:18 pm

[Attn: Chenoa, Open]

Chenoa had taken the rag and started clean his hand, wrist and arm and asking about his sister. "She told me." Zahoet confirmed as his friend moved around to side and gotten a few more areas on back he had missed, something that was a bit more common for him. His mother and sister often pointed it out.

"Liseli cooked too much huh? Guess it wouldn't hurt to have an extra mouth or two then." he agreed with obviously fake inconvenience, before switching gears when she handed him the rag and then went on offering help while also teasing him a bit. "I'm not sure if I should be careful or joyful then. After dinner I've still got shit pot detail."

It was his turn however to tease her back, at least this time. "You're free to join me though, I know how much you love our dates." He even grinned for a few seconds, until Thimble chuckled in his head like a dirty old man watching two kids flirt... Zahoet's eyes shifting to his sword as his head turned and a frown appeared. There was a second or two of silent exchange between the two men, before Zahoet sighed. "I swear..."

Pulling himself back to reality so to speak, he blinked a few times. "Sorry, nosy Ol' Man." It not being too uncommon for Thimble to distract him or accidentally interrupt a conversation. "Food then?" Zahoet said thumbing towards where Chenoa had come from, more than willing to follow her lead.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 16th August 2018, 12:47 am

Shamblo sat at her desk, waiting for her chance to go eat supper. She swore she could already smell the fresh cutlets cooking in an open flame. All she needed was the confirmation that all caravans were counted for and the tribe was locked down. Slowly, the minutes rolled by. The sun sank into the earth. The sky darkened. The day had progressed like any other, but Shamblo was aware that peace was never a certainty. She tapped the wooden desk with fingernails bitten into jagged shapes.

"Come on, it shouldn't take them this long to lock up for the night." Shamblo was ready to go outside and check, herself, when one of the Sentinel guards walked into her office. He could read the chief's impatience, so he kept his message brief.

"Uhm, evening, Chief. All traveling parties have made it back safely and we got the gates locked and guards posted."

Shamblo's face unwound as soon as she heard the report. "Thank the heavens. You're free to go." The guard soon dipped into the shadows behind the doorway, leaving the War Chief to her business. Shamblo stretched out her limbs, letting out a well-needed yawn. She jumped out of her seat and quickly made her way to the block feast. The aroma called to her like sweet wine. The town was rife with activity, but soon it would give way to a quite stillness Shamblo waited for. On her way to the feast, she said her greetings to several familiar faces, stopping to converse with a few. It was hard to imagine someone so friendly was also bewedded to the night.

At the gathering, Shamblo took stock of the food before her; pine nut salad, cooked meat, diced potatoes, corn, and lots of bread. She took a healthy portion of the meat, along with some salad and potatoes and sat with the other chiefs at the elders' table. All the other elders had already begun their meals, talking and eating and sometimes laughing. Shamblo respectfully greeted herself to the others with a warm smile, but she had no interest in their conversations. All chatter about politics and people she never heard of. She only helped herself to the steaming plate before her. And within only minutes, she ate everything. She didn't show any restraint; the elders were too busy talking to notice her, anyway. With a full belly, Shamblo left to walk around the village's perimeters and unwind.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th August 2018, 8:37 pm

{Attn: Zahoet, Open at table – feel free to sit by them =)}

“Yes, I just love our crappy dates.” She puts up her finger. "No, I have a better one. Being friends with you is a shitty job, but someone has to do it." She laughs at her own jokes. She doesn't her him laughing and looks at him noticing his pause. “I don’t even want to know what he is telling you. We better hurry before all the good seats are taken.” Chenoa walks over to the table and sees her family seated with some extra seats for them.

The table is loud, but the conversation is lighthearted. Her parents enjoy seeing how comfortable she is with Zahoet. Chenoa picks up the conversations that are happening around her somehow keeping track of them all, and joining in some of them.

“Well I am going to be busy tonight, and tomorrow I have leather duty. There are some pelts that are ready to be stretched. It is about time too, it takes way to long to make leather.”

“You are just impatient Chenoa dear.” Taregan chuckles lightly. “It is the reason why you are involved in so much.” He reaches over to pat her head gently.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 17th August 2018, 8:24 pm

[ATTN: Chenoa, Ascharya, Open]

Zahoet follows after Chenoa who had pretty much taken his hand and drug him along without any care to appearance or worry that Zahoet would object or tarry much. She deftly found her way to the crowd even with her tag along trailing behind her. In some part of his mind, he thought that his bells chiming along in his hustle likely aided it to some degree... maybe, it was hard to tell it was rather lively at gatherings like this.

"Pardon me." Zahoet said as he settled in beside Chenoa along with her family, his likely would be showing up any minute. In the meantime he greeted Malia and Halian as they were the first to greet him, followed by Taregan and Liseli.

While Zahoet did occasionally make small talk, especially to Liseli which he complimented on the cooking. Compared to the busy social bee that was Chenoa however, Zahoet was pretty passive conversation-wise. Even when his family arrived and joined in, Zahoet was fairly content listening to the ever changing conversations around him.

People came and went, stopped for a quick word or two here and there before continuing on with their meals or mingling with their neighbors and friends. Zahoet wasn't completely exempt himself, receiving a few questions here and there about his work progress on one or more of his projects. The oddest though caused him to pause, then look at the elder table to Ascharya.

Rising from his place, he tapped Chenoa on the shoulder and those near them, "Excuse me, I'll be right back."

He wasn't sure what exactly the Shamari needed him for. Perhaps she needs me to help prepare for a new founding. that thought made the most logical sense, it was what the elder's had accepted as one of his duties. With Winter dragging closer it might have to do with the walls.

Making his way to the Elder's Table he waited behind a couple other people till they had finished talking and he could approach Ascharya. "Shamari, I heard you needed to see me. How can I serve?"
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 17th August 2018, 9:22 pm

[ATTN: Chenoa; Collab between Ascharya and Zahoet, at Elder's Table]

Ascharya looks up from her now empty plate, politely gesturing for Zahoet to come closer as she stoically looks him up and down with critical analysis.  After a brief pause, she finally meets his gaze and says, "Zahoet.  Please, sit."

The Shamari gave him a cursitory once over, before inviting him over. Still unsure of what was about to unfold, Zahoet casually sat down. "Of course." Ascharya was of course in charge of the magicians of the village, as well as one of the leaders of the tribe so it was fine for him to take a seat when prompted. Any other time he likely would be with his family or Chenoa's, the Elder's didn't have need to call him up often to sit with them. If they needed something, they normally caught him around town and talked to him that way. That was more normal for him and put him less on edge, but because he was on edge he noticed that Ascharya was wearing pants.... Odd.

As her plate is taken away, she thanks the elder with a short, sharp tone without her gaze leaving Zahoet.  As the obstruction is removed, she leans down onto the table, resting her arms upon it as she looks at him expectantly.  Her tone is rather...strict.  Authoritative.  "Your nightly duties have been reassigned to another.  You'll be guiding me up the mountain this eve.  I was told that you are one of those most familiar with the Path to Stormy.  That is correct, I presume?"

The fact that his duties had been handed off was a bit of a surprise, most didn't exactly relish the task. Perhaps Chenoa had volunteered because of this. "I wouldn't say I am the most familiar but I do know the way." If she had known wouldn't she have given more of a heads up? It was likely that she hadn't known either. "I'm familiar enough to lead you there." Zahoet knew there had to be a reason to pester Stormy, because the man was fairly infamous with his desire for solitude. If he was injured the man would take care of that himself, and if he was dead then Ascharya would likely take a Spiritualist instead. "Perhaps a Sentinel might be better suited, unless something happened? A mud slide? We have had a lot of rain lately"

Ascharya clears her throat, "Very good.  You will lead me there, so grab any you trust with your life.  We must climb with haste, Zahoet.  A sapling has awoken and she is with great affinity.  I have a Spiritualist that I will bring, but the rest of the group will be selected by you.  I expect you and your selected to be gathered at the gate in one hour.  We have no time to waste."

That was surprising news indeed, magicians typically skipped several generations in a family. Stormy must be chomping at the bit over his granddaughter right now. "Yes, Shamari." Zahoet nodded his acceptance as he rose from his cushion, "Excuse me."

Making his way along the outside of the gathering, he briefly paused in sight of Chenoa. Waving at her to get her attention, Zahoet motioned for her to get over here. Once she was, he explained what happened pretty quickly. "Stormy's Granddaughter just awoke. You can come with but I've got to find Shamblo and see if she has a couple sentinels on hand that she can spare. Either way we've got to find her and hurry."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 18th August 2018, 1:27 am

(ATTN: CLOSED)

Suitsue is standing at the gates of the Cinema Tribe entrance, listening to the chatter and clatter of the dinner tables in the distance behind her while ignoring the rumbling in her stomach. The table of her living section includes her father and she does not desire a meal with or near him. Thus, she has decided to avoid dinner entirely, gazing up at the stars with only a soft regret on her stomach as she listens to the gateguards while they talk.

Sentinels on wall or gate duty would dine at different shifts, so she was not the only one with a grumbling tummy. Despite the desire of the others to complain, she did not join in. Her hunger is her choice, this time. She has no right to whine. As they speak of the different shifts of the night to come, one mentions something that does intrigue her. The gate will open tonight? The gate never opens at night. She moves closer to them, inquiring after.

"Excuse me, did you say that the gate will open tonight?" Suitsue asks.

One guard nods, one she is familiar with. His name is Ratta and he is a kind soul, "Yes. Within a matter of hours. A group will leave on a task of great import. We know very little, but that's what the Chief said."

Suitsue's place was, unsurprisingly, empty, apparently he had become caught up in his work and forgot feasttime was upon them. His gaze lightly perused the usual crowd, recognizing all the beaming, chattering faces. His eyes found Suitsue's father and....no Suitsue.

Guard duty, then.

"Seneka! You going to join us while the foods still warm?" The friendly voice of an older woman called him, Renka, he'd delivered her two youngest, one of which sat in ehr lap, idly chewing on one of her wooden necklaces as she waved at him.

His expressionless face, hidden behind his scarf, peeked over its colorful edge and beamed at her. "Not quite yet, Renka, was going to go talk to Suitsue, first."

She expected this answer, and gave him the chiding look of a practiced mother. "Alright, but tell that girl to come down and get some food, too! I'm sure she's in some spat with her dad, fiery thing that she is, but even if she's giving him the cold shoulder, she can always come sit by us! The both of you."

Seneka gave an awkward laugh. "I know, Renka, thank you, thank you." He raised his hand in farewell as he went onwards to the wall.

---

As he came upon the wall, guards nodding at him in acknowledgement and salutation. He returned their silent greetings, seeing the familiar red of Suitsue's hair. A mischievous thought crossed his mind, and he hushed his step, lowering his body closer to the ground.

He came up upon upon her, his fingers sinking in gently to her shoulders like dull claws.

"What'cha talking about?" He asked impishly, his voice a calm lull, but lull or not, anything suddenly hissed into ones ear in the dead of night would definitely give them a jolt.

Especially a scaredy cat like Suitsue.

Suitsue jumped out of her skin, a small screech releasing from her lips as she moves away from her friend and behind one of the Gateguards. They make excellent meat shields. The laughter from them all annoys her as her face burns a bright, hot red and her tight tone scolds every single one of them as she punches Seneka in the arm.

Suitsue exclaims, "You arse!"

Seneka beams, wincing comically from her punch as he laughs. "What?" He asks innocently, coyly. "I just asked a simple question."

His laugh faded to a chuckle as he links his arm with hers. "So, best, dearest friend who loves me so and would never dream of breaking any bone in my body, what were you all talking about?"

"Apparently, the gate opens tonight. Someone's leaving for a job." Suitsue says, "I wonder who it is..."

One of the Gateguards shrug. This is the other one, the short guy that Suitsue doesn't recognize. He's only about three and a half feet tall, the poor fellow. He looks very flexible, though...he must have his own strengths in battle. "None of our concern, I suppose. So long as they get the job done and return safely, I have no complaints. We just gotta make sure nothing gets in while the door is open. They'll need to move quick."

"Aye," Suitsue says with a tone that says 'obviously. Duh.'

Seneka briefly wonders if it was something to do with Ascharya, but doesn't let his train of thought putter along for too long.

He briefly, gently jostles his friend, beaming smile twinkling as he looks at her. "Ah, with Suitsue here, I'm sure any nasty beasties or ruthless raiders will be scared off the moment they set their sights on the gate."

Glaring at him, Suitsue snarls, "Anyway. Come walk with me. I need to rant, Seneka."

Seneka's eyes narrow two smiling slits as he gives a little giggle. "Looove youuuuu."

He opens his eyes slightly, quirking his head. "Of course, lead the way."

Suitsue heads down the path to the left, leaving the gateway and heading up a steep hill and allowing the lamplights lit mostly by magic to guide the way. She looks up, gazing at the stars beyond the dim lighting with appreciation, wondering where they come from. From what little of the other realms she had seen, they didn't have stars...so why does Corporea have night lights and the other realms do not? What makes them light up the night? Do they take their energy from the sun?

Sighing, she brushes the familiar inquiries from her mind as she returns her gaze to the path ahead, expecting the fork before her and choosing the path to the right. This will lead them from this dining area, farther from earshot. It's still near the Tribe's wall, but the wall is so tall and Sentinels on top of it will hear very little, if anything, of their conversation. She drapes her arm around Seneka's, pulling from his warmth and comfort as she says, "Father is considering a betrothal. I have been requested."

Seneka eagerly pitters alongside his friend, his smooth, silent gait the picture of hushed grace as he watches Suitsue lose herself in the stars, a sigh gracing her lips.

He feels Suitsue's muscled arm around him, linking over his. The statement kills the slight, neutral smile on his face, and he says something that might land him in hot water with anyone but her.

"I could kill him."

Looking over at her companion, she blinks without a response. She pauses, her walk almost halted entirely. Instead, she merely slows her pace as she considers whether or not he's joking. Finally, she decides that it must be a joke--probably because she would prefer it that way, rather than because she suspects it more of his character. Shrugging it off, she smiles, "Very funny. Tell me. If I meet him as I am asked, would you...keep an eye on him? My father is a terrible judge in character, you know."

Seneka smiles as she takes it for a joke after a moment of confusion, a giggle on his lips, he feels her shrug pull up on his arm.

"Of course, I'll keep both eyes on him, maybe a knife, too. But you might prefer I play nice, hm?" He tilts his head, his smile fading. "Perhaps just a syringe then? Snide comments aside, who is this man? Did your father tell you nothing about him?"

"Korrin of Olice Stati Tribe. He's part of a rather large family--my father says that they primarily only marry or adopt one of two types of people: Those who can travel and those who protect travelers as bodyguards." Suitsue's tone is grim and she frowns as she continues. She doesn't notice as her grip around Seneka's arm tightens, "Apparently, he saw me once when I was a caravan guard...I don't recognize his name, though. Father says the family is well renowned, though. Cinema has asked this of our family....that's why he's considering it. It's a Tribe request, a request from Olice Stati to Cinema. It's not really like we can refuse without some consequences. A-and....if we do it, we'll have another traveler route added to our trading through Leveates. I know...I understand that Cinema would be grateful."

Seneka listens as his friends tone darkens, her grip on him tightens, and though he felt a slight sting as her muscles constricted around him, but he didn't so much as wince. The more Suitsue told him about this man, the more he found himself hit with a stronger wave of...hatred? Would one call it that? Hatred, for a man he had never met. He hated this. He hated the concept that someone was marrying her for what? How useful she was? Her looks? Her stature? Marrying her without knowing her. That was a travesty.

He pulled himself away from her gently, grasping both of her shoulders, looking intensely into her eyes.

"Your life is not a currency for the tribe. Your happiness is not something they have a right to barter away to some rich boy because he enjoyed the curve of your ass. Who cares if Cinema would be grateful? Grateful for what? Trading your life away?" His tone was full of bitterness and disgust, taking back its natural flatness. "Why doom yourself to a lifetime of squirting out kids in an unhappy marriage?" Most likely far away from me. The hatred he felt at that fact bubbled inside of him.

Suitsue was startled, at first. She's always known Seneka to be...different. Still, such adverse statements against their culture and their way of life was not what what she expected--at least, not with such degree of bitterness upon his tongue. They had stopped walking and as his eyes looked into hers, she was slightly less afraid. She looked down at him, a frown still upon her countenance as she shakes her head, "It is my duty. We must contribute to the Tribe--you know this."

"Signing away your life to a man you don't know is not your duty. You serve your tribe, you guard our caravans, you defend our walls, that is contributing, signing your life away? That is not your duty. That is more of a contribution that any tribe has a right to expect of you." He catches himself tightening his grip on her and loosens his fingers, a strange idea taking root in his mind, mentally navigating his knowledge of their tribal laws. "If so called 'tribal duty' is what you're determined to adhere to, is there no way for you to get out of it?"

Suitsue looks down at her feet, "I must either already be engaged, be lesbian somehow magically, or my Father has to say no and piss off the elders. He won't accept if he doesn't like the guy, so....I guess we need him to not like him?"

Seneka's face was flat, his eyes blank and intense as he stares at the area above Suitsue's head. An...idea, hatches in his head. He realized the cons might outweigh the pros, but it would not be the first time something like this happened in the tribe. He didn't trust her fathers character judgement as far as he could throw the man.

"If worse comes to worst." His gaze lowered, face still blank. "We could get married." It was an offering, a statement, not yet a question.

Eyes wide, face flushed, Suitsue takes a step back. Seneka....as a husband?! Yes, a friendship here was already had and if nothing, she knew that they would almost always get along. Yet, the idea somehow frightened her. A binding can complicate any friendship and...does that mean they'd have sex?! Suitsue's face reddens even further, her heart racing in her chest at the thought. She is, of course, a virgin--she'd heard the first time is painful and she's a coward of all pains, as it is. "Y-you would do that? For me? What...what if you fell in love with another? You'd have lost your chance to be with them..."

Seneka watches her flustered demeanor with thinly veiled amusement. Whatever crazed ideas were taking route in her head were surely hilarious, but also, most likely, entirely unbaised.

"Suitsue. Do you really think that's like to happen? In my twenty-eight years with this tribe, you're the only one I've grown to particularly care for. No one has stricken my fancy, aroused a glimmer in my eye in the way people ascribe to romantic affection. The idea that I am incapable of romantic love isn't something I've never considered. If being with me saves you from a hellish engagement, then I am more than happy to. If you don't mind being with someone like...me. I suppose." He realized how he was, and realized it made him rather unappealing as far as marriage prospects go. Friendship was one thing, marriage was another. "And, say, if you happened to fall in love at some point, we can always say I cheated, or did something terrible, and spare you the pain of divorce." Pain didn't bother Seneka in the slightest, not like it did Suitsue, at least.

Suitsue scoffs, "No! I would never leave you! If we marry, I am dedicated to you, regardless of whether or not there is romance to ever arise. I...I understand you're different, but...if we meet this guy and we don't like him..."

Suitsue's arms wrap around herself in a hug as if she were cold, looking away from him and to the side with embarrassment. Seneka may never have been a romantic interest before, but he had been a sexual interest before. Just knowing that was embarrassing enough, though she never would admit that to him. Finally, she manages to barely mumble out the rest, "...then I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a marriage proposal from you."
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th August 2018, 10:38 am

{Attn: Zahoet}
Chenoa speaks with both her and Zahoet’s family. She nods at him when he taps her shoulder. Her eyes follow him as he goes to the Elder’s table. She watches him until Kohi screeches at her. “Off the table Kohi, where are your manners.” She sets him down on the ground.

“We are busy with winter coming up. It seems we have new leather to stretch almost everyday now…” She continues her conversation with Burk.

She is just finishing a bite when Zahoet waves her over. “Well it is my turn to excuse myself. I will be right back. She picks up Kohi and walks over to Zahoet. He seems hurried about something. She listens to what he has to say and pauses. She looks at him. This must be important if he is asking her to come with him. He know how she feels about leaving the city gates. The danger only increases at night, even with additional sentries.

“Are you sure…You know how dangerous it is…” She blurts out. She squeezes her eyes shut and takes a deep breath to calm her fears. This is her best friend asking for her help. He would not put her in danger unless it was necessary. “Of course I will come. I will have to tell my family and get packed. How soon are we leaving?”

Chenoa always seemed to be very hesitant to leave the village, she quite possibly had some kind of phobia. "I know I am asking a lot, but if it's too much for you I understand." Funny thing was that Zahoet himself wasn't hugely thrilled at leaving either, but he often was gone for days or weeks helping Burk when the need arose. Maybe the experience would help her whittle down at her fears, it was a big difference than going out during the day like when the village gathered pinenuts from the forests of the mountain.

"We've haven't even got an hour before we meet at the Main Gate. I've got Thimble with me so I could make due, but we'll be gone past morning. Do you want to split up and meet up at the gate or find Shamblo together first?"

Zahoet couldn't remember seeing her at the Elder's table early when he was talking to Ascharya. Perhaps she was on night duty or had already finished. Hopefully it was the first, because finding her would be much easier.

“Why don’t I go with you, that way at least I will know who may be coming with us. It won’t take me long to pack. Maybe Shamblo will have some input on what exactly to bring. She is more experienced that I am.” Kohi makes noises from her shoulder. “Don’t worry Kohi, you will be staying here. Well this time you can lead.” Chenoa smiles. She only hopes Shamblo can help the nervousness in her stomach.

"Together it is then." Chenoa was still nervous, because it wasn't often that their roles reversed like this. Normally she was the one who always dragging him this way and that, thinking about it made him nervous too. There wasn't much to do about it though, he just had to 'man up' as Burk would say. Zahoet looked around again, trying to see if Shamblo had just vanished into the crowd or was somewhere else. "I don't see the Chief anywhere, do you? We'd better check with the sentries on the wall, Come on follow me." Zahoet reached back and grabbed Chenoa's hand before rushing off towards the nearest section of the village wall.

This what makes their friendship so special, when one is ‘weak’ the other is strong. It is an unusual feeling being the one tugged. Is this how Zahoet feels when she does it? A mix of annoyance and amusement. Better than the nerves. The walls look even more foreboding at night. This is crazy…they are crazy for doing this.

The night lights of the village had started to increase their glow by the time the two had started running through the town, it always was rather curious. Zahoet had once asked how it worked, but all he'd learned was that it fell outside what a psuedo like himself could do. That was alright though, magic and magicians couldn't do just anything, that'd be like living a fantasy.

When they neared the wall Zahoet let go of Chenoa's hand to wave while he shouted up at the sentries who had clearly heard him coming, "Have you seen Chief Shamblo? No? Thanks." He looked both ways for a second, and then started to run towards the Main Gate making sure to follow along the edge of the wall. He never once thought about if Chenoa would follow him because of course she was. Zahoet wasn't as athletically fit as the woman beside him, he knew how to set his pace at a measured run to keep himself from fatiguing out quickly.

Every so often they would repeat the process, where one of the two would ask after the Chief until they got an answer. Of course it was when Chenoa was asking, but that was fine, it gave Zahoet a moment to catch his breath.

The guards are so friendly. Chenoa sometimes would come by and give them some extra food, especially at night. No one deserves to miss the feast. Just finding Shamblo’s location was quite the adventure. She finally got the Chief’s location. She playfully salutes the guard who smiles back at her. “Well what are you waiting for, we have a chief to find.” This time she was the one doing the tugging. She did take into account his tiredness, so it was a little slower.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 18th August 2018, 4:03 pm

Shamblo grinned under the soft glow of the wall's night lights. "Yeah, I guess you're right. His face does look like he ate one too many poison berries."

The guard talking to Shamblo heartily chuckled and took a step to balance himself. After regaining his composure, he took his eyes off the dark wilderness and looked back on the village, despite his training. He then spotted two young people jogging along the wall. After pointing it out to Shamblo, she gazed at the pair with leering eyes.

"I'll handle them. Back to your duties." Shamblo cut the distance between her and the juveniles, approaching them directly with a laidback expression. "The wall ain't a place for youngbucks, especially at night. You looking to join the night watch?"

"Actually, my friend was looking for you. I will let him explain the request from the Elder." Chenoa steps back and nudges Zahoet forward.

"Ahh true." Zahoet agreed, after all he wasn't here for repair work or anything this time. "Old Hermit Stormy's granddaughter just awoke and the Shamari is going to head up there tonight. She wanted me to find people I could trust, and well I figured who better to trust than you Chief." After all it was her job to know the area around the village and a large number of the sentinels were used to night duties.

"So do you have a couple people you could spare for a day or two to help guard us there and back?" It would be reassuring having trained warriors accompany them. He wasn't sure if they would run into trouble, but it wouldn't hurt to play it safe and ask.

"Ohoho, I figured the Shamari would request some protection. Would've been nice if she had let us know sooner. Still, I can look into the small group I've been personally training. And since I'm technically off duty, I could help out, myself."

She has to admit having Shamblo with them will be great. “I know we will be happy to have you with us. It is not safe outside the gates, especially at night. We were supposed to be back in an hour. Are there any provisions you recommend us taking with us?”

"That's really helpful, Thank you Chief." Zahoet said relieved that he wouldn't be failing Ascharya in this. Chenoa was right too, and Zahoet knew that she was still nervous. "Its more like maybe half an hour or so by now, the Shamari seemed in a hurry."

"If we're talking about the Shamari, you're gonna need the best the Sentinels have to offer. But if she's leaving so soon, I need to gather my crew quickly. They're all probably in their homes."

Shamblo took a moment to think about the best route to take. She knew where all her trainees lived, but it wasn't guaranteed they'd be home. In the middle of thought, she came to a realization.

"Oh, that's right, where's the rendezvous point?"

"The Main Gate." Zahoet answered. "I don't think we need a huge group, but you'd know better than me. The Shamari wants me to lead everyone to where Stormy lives, but if you have anyone else familiar with the route that'd be good. I don't think I've ever been out that way at night and I'd like to be extra careful."

Admitting your faults was often nerve wrecking but keeping latched onto your own foolish pride would be far worse if things went to Mezzetez. He'd grown up having to learn to admit to a lot of short comings, but stubbornness was fine when it was just yourself. When you added others into the mix, you couldn't let it get in the way. Besides it wasn't like he needed to look cool in front of the Chief or Chenoa anyway... well maybe Chenoa, she was pretty nervous about this whole mess.

"Perfect. I'll bring 2 of my trainees with me. That should be enough to protect all of you." Underneath Shamblo's composure, she was bubbling with excited anticipation. She couldn't have asked for a better training mission. And a chance to show off her subordinates to the Shemari? It was the blessing of fate, itself. In a fit of enthusiasm, she hurried the two younglings away from the wall and towards the village center.

"Well, well, off you go now. Tell the Shamari that you're all in safe hands. My team and I won't let anything lay a hand on you. See you at the Main Gate!"

Chenoa sighs. “I guess we should get packing. I have to drop Kohi off too. He is not coming with us.” She begins walking away with Zahoet. “I will bring some water and jerky. We always have extra at the house. Of course my weapon, is there anything I am missing?”

The enthusiasm of the Chief left Zahoet thinking that she was rushing the two of them. Which wouldn't be a bad thing since they still had to grab their stuff. So when Chenoa asked him later what else she should bring he bring he was already thinking about it. "I'll see if any bread or cheese is left over at my house, we shouldn't try and be much of a bother when we get to Stormy's.

I also think you should bring a backup weapon just incase, and a cloak or poncho, ohh and extra wraps for your legs." Rain was a pretty frequent occurance, Zahoet himself was going to change into warmer clothes and grab his as well. "I'm going to leave the bells behind."
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 18th August 2018, 5:41 pm

[ATTN: Ascharya, Shamblo, NPC Guards; Collab between Chenoa and Zahoet.]

Chenoa sighs.  “I guess we should get packing.  I have to drop Kohi off too.  He is not coming with us.”  She begins walking away with Zahoet.  “I will bring some water and jerky.  We always have extra at the house.  Of course my weapon, is there anything I am missing?”

The enthusiasm of the Chief left Zahoet thinking that she was rushing the two of them. Which wouldn't be a bad thing since they still had to grab their stuff. So when Chenoa asked him later what else she should bring he bring he was already thinking about it. "I'll see if any bread or cheese is left over at my house, we shouldn't try and be much of a bother when we get to Stormy's.

I also think you should bring a backup weapon just in case, and a cloak or poncho, ohh and extra wraps for your legs." Rain was a pretty frequent occurrence, Zahoet himself was going to change into warmer clothes and grab his as well. "I'm going to leave the bells behind."

”But the music from the bells may calm the enemies.”  Chenoa chuckles.  “I would not have thought of the poncho.  I will help for rain.  Don’t worry I will be covered.  Good thing I am a leather apprentice.  I have my dagger and my glaive.”  She looks up and sees her house.  “Come back here when you are done packing.  Then we can go to the gate together.”  Kohi screeches at Zahoet.

Zahoet rolls his eyes at Chenoa's teasing. "Alright I'll meet you in a bit. Bye Kohi." he waved to the monkey as he parted ways with Chenoa. After a few steps, he sprinted towards his family's home. They still hadn't returned yet from the feast and that was perfectly fine. Parting aside the blanket that was his door, he went into his room and sat down on the edge of his bed. Tugging the laces, he undid the bells and shook his legs till they clattered on the floor. Then digging into the chest on his left, he found the leg wraps and started to quickly do them. It was a bit rushed but he was used to the practice of pinning down the end with his heel and then using his hand and other foot to do the wrap. Finished he slipped on his shoes and shoved another pair of wraps into a satchel.

Thimble was still attached to his back, and largely silent. Maybe he had fallen asleep as he called it again. Then grabbing his poncho from the post by the door he went back into the den and then into the larder. His hand felt over the cheeses, and he grabbed the one closest to the front and door as it was older and likely needed to be eaten. Same with the bread, though only the hardier ones remained in the larder. Having done what he needed to, he walked back into the den and paused by the door. Grabbing his name from its hook by the door he moved it from 'In Village' hooks to the Work hook in the 'Outside Village' ones. While he had some difficulty reading Clannesh, he knew these ones well enough. Moving his name plate here, let his family know he wasn't just disappearing.

All done, he rushed back over to Chenoa's as he likely had been the one keeping her waiting.

Chenoa goes to her room and grabs her bag.  She loves it because she can carry it on her back.  She sets Kohi on the palette.  She finds the jerky in the cooking area.  Good it was dried.  She quickly changes into her leather outfit.

“Looking for this?  She spins and sees her father holding a poncho.

“When you didn’t come back to dinner we got worried.  Don’t worry, we will watch over Kohi, just be safe” Taregan hands her a brown poncho.  “I know it is not your usual colors, but it will keep you dry and warm.  Be safe and come back to us.”

“Don’t worry Dad, I will be careful.   The things I do for Zahoet.”  Chenoa laughs.  After putting on the poncho she walks out and looks around finally finding Zahoet.  “I almost didn’t recognize you in the poncho.  I ran into Dad, so they don’t think anything happened.  She holds out a piece of jerky.  “I know you didn’t get a chance to eat.”

"What kinda friend would I be to turn down free jerky?" he said while taking the jerky from his friends hand and starting to chew on it.     "Guess your parents made it back already." he says having seen the light and heard them when Chenoa had left her home as well as her talking about her Dad. "That's good." Zahoet then spent a moment savoring the jerky before saying the dreaded question, "Ready?"

She gets an uncharacteristic serious look on her face.  “Zahoet, I am concerned about this.  I am glad we will have some sentries with us, but I don’t like leaving the village.  But I am ready.”  She holds her glaive vertically.  “Let’s go before I change my mind.”

"You know I invited you because I trust you right? Like trust in and trust to watch my back kind of trust." Zahoet said making sure that if he hadn't made it clear it was pretty obvious now.

“And that is why I am coming because you asked me.  I will always have your back.”  The smile returns to her face.  She begins to walk with Zahoet.  “We are bringing this person back to Cinema, right?  I hope she is doing well.”

There was no point in teasing her, not when she seems happy now. Of course he wanted to tease her phobia but the only way to deal with a fear was to try and get her to have positive experiences outside. With the sentries and Shamblo tagging along this should turn into a decent chance to get her used to the wider world. "Probably, though the she's supposedly really sensitive to the realms. If she's an aurist she might end up staying with Stormy. Honestly I'm more worried she's going to be an elemental mage."

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 19th August 2018, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 18th August 2018, 8:13 pm

The moorish wind of the evening tried in its damnedest to extend its icy fingers beneath Jazz's cloak. The soft parting of her lips served to mask her face it a musty cloud of heat as she exhaled.

The journey had been a long one, but now it was almost over. She knew the final gateway was near; her diplomatic escort was asleep on the horse behind her. Luckily the horse, a stormy grey mare, speckled in black marbled accents, had the smoothest gait of any she'd seen; so the older woman didn't risk falling off the horse.

The mare was tethered to the saddle of her horse, Charon, a black stallion, fast and large, a dedicated companion to her traveling ventures. Nothing could spook him, at least, not a lot could spook him.

She felt them coming upon the final gateway, closing her eyes.

Heart strings taught, tugging, tongues tied, whispering, loving and forever. Warmth dripping out across her spirit; two tied together in a familiar embrace. I love you, the feelings meld with each other, a voyeristic thing for Jazz to be witnessing.

Crashing, crushing, crushed, two things ripped apart softly sighing sadness. What was once pink and red was now blue, blue, such a deep, sorrowful shade.

She felt the tears of those that once stood there stung at her eyes. She didn't even try to fight them back, the tears streaking down her cold face, granting them an ever so brief warmth.

The pain of those emotions, residual and forever, deserved to be felt. She used them, after all, for her own ends. Should she not respect them as much as she could?

She closed her eyes, and with her soul, she reached out, parting the veil between worlds, using the warmth, sweet love, bitter sorrow, to tear open the veil. She felt the emotions dig into her, fingertips melding into the surface of her brain, crying out, demanding her attention, like children tugging at her cloak, pulling at her hair. Crying, crying!

She felt the world part before her, and as she made her way through, she felt the final pang of emotion, the last residual echo. She knew this one, she knew this feeling.

The last pang of visceral feeling.

A young wanderer saying 'I love you'.

--

So this was 'Cinema' the tribe she had been traded to.

As much as she hated it, she couldn't argue with her tribes logic. They were right, the longer she stayed there, where they had lived, the lower she would descend into her own mania. She knew it. But oh how she loathed it.

Her horse was at a slow canter, and she looked at the red mark on the back of her hand.

Mark. A brand.

She came to a stop a ways before the gate. Time to wake up her sleeping diplomat.

Thankfully, with the slow, rocking motion of the horses gait to rock her off to sleep, she roused herself.

"Snnrk, sn- heh?" The woman almost careened herself off the horse waking herself, catching her balance on the saddle, rubbing the drool from her face. "Ah! We're here."

Jazz looked back at her momentarily in silence, taking this chance to untie the mares lead from her own horses, then slowly turning back to the gate.

"I suppose I shall go on ahead and announce us, eh? Though I suppose we arrived here rather late." The woman frowned, Jazz could feel it in her tone, her borderline indignance. Her questioning her skill as a traveler.

"I couldn't very well go as fast as I normally would, with you falling asleep an hour in." Her tone was flat, but a smug smile twitched upon her lips beneath the collar of her cloak as she felt the womans face redden as she sputtered.

The older woman cleared her throat. "Hm. Yes, I-I suppose. I should go up to the guards, announce our coming." She heard her jostle the reigns behind her. "Hy-ah!....Hyah? How do you get this thing to move?"

"Squeeze your legs together." Jazz purposefully left out the 'gently'.

"Ah! Of course. What a strange, exotic creat-aaaAAAAHHHHH!!!" The woman heavily smacked her legs against the horses sides and the mare took off in a bolt towards the gate.

"HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!" The woman shrieked, gripping on to the horses neck.

Jazz could see the guards scramble as the screaming woman on horseback bolted towards the gate. She knew the mare would stop as soon as it hit the gateway, but still, she'd rather neither horse nor woman get riddled with arrows.

She bolted out after her, pressing two of the fingers of her free hand between her lips and whistled. A crisp, clear, thunderously sharp sound that stopped the mare in her tracks.

Once the horse had stopped its bolt, the woman flung herself off the saddle, scrambling, still terrified, to one of the guards, clinging to the legs of the one closest to her, stuttering in terror.

Jazz slowed her approach to the gate, watching as the guards looked at each other, not knowing what to make of the situation.

"Ah-haaah. Foul beast! I! Jazz why didn't you!" The woman noticed her emerge into the dim torchlight, coming out of the shadows. She looked up at the guard whose leg she had been clinging onto, trying to stand to regain some dignity. Clearing her throat.

"Sin-sincerest apologies, friend. I am here on behalf of Millennium Tribe, to introduce the trade we had spoken of with your elders."

Jazz held up her marked hand, allowing the guards to see it, watching their bewildered gazes as they took in the sight of her, her peculiar form, her exotic mount.

"I'm the trade."
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th August 2018, 3:03 pm

{Attn: Zahoet, All at gate}

“I haven’t traveled to the other planes myself. That is something the mages do more. I know you have been outside the gates, but have you traveled to other planes before?” Chenoa asks.

"I haven't yet either, though I've been told I shouldn't have trouble except for Archeron, not that I want to go there. Etreia and the Shaman of the Teak'ous both said I'm best suited here in Corporia. Works out best for me that way." Zahoet answered Chenoa as they continued walking.

"I'm kinda worried that Nephenee will be an elemental mage and I'll get stuck being her mentor. Can you imagine?" he aired his concerns to his friend, after all he had been a magician long enough that he might soon have a pupil in the near future.

“Are you kidding? You will be a perfect mentor. You are patient, kind, and understanding. I mean you put up with me, and I am a handful.” Chenoa bumps him playfully. “If I was a scared mage who just came into my powers, it would be a blessing to have you as a mentor.”

"Ehh? I don't know," Zahoet gets out before Chenoa bumps him. "I mean sure you're a handful, and I watch a bunch of kids already, but Nephenee is like our age. Etreia, my mentor, was much older and that experience helps. It especially helps when they don't want to listen."

"Who knows I might be worrying for nothing you know?"

“I think you are worrying for nothing. She may like someone who she can relate to as a mentor. I hope she is nice. I cannot wait to introduce her to the others.” She rubs her hands together. “What better way to get accustomed to Cinema?”

"Probably." Zahoet conceded the point. "You speak like we've never seen her. She's been about the village on and off, it's just her and her grandfather never mingle." They were nearing the gate, Shamblo and her two guards looked ready and if he was being honest with himself, far more professional then him. "Huh, who are they?" Zahoet said pointing to two unfamiliar people on animals he hadn't ever seen before going deeper into the village. The closing sound of the gates indicated they must have come in minutes before Chenoa and Zahoet had arrived. "What are those things they are riding?"

She looks up and sees the beginning of the gate. She sees the others gathered around. “Oh really, then she isn’t a complete stranger. I am horrible with names, I will recognize her.” She too sees the new people and the creatures they are riding. “I don’t know, but they are beautiful. It is odd to have people come in this late. I hope they are still here when we come back. I would love see them more.” She takes a moment to look at Zahoet before they are close to the others. “Well here goes nothing, and Zahoet, thanks for asking me to come along. I only hope this is a good trip for us.”

"Now it's my turn to tell you not to worry." Zahoet says with a smirk. "Don't worry, you'll do fine." He made sure to get out of elbow room by quickly hustling over to where Shamblo was. "Has Ascharya arrived yet?"

Zahoet may have his mind on the mission, but hers was on the beasts that the new people brought in. So while he hustled over Shamblo, she was looking that them. She wonders how it would be to ride a creature like that. Are they soft? She does follow Zahoet, but at a slower pace.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 20th August 2018, 5:25 pm

One of the gateguards looked her over curiously, wondering where they would put the massive beast upon which she was saddled. They were uncertain...but perhaps it was a cow? Those had died out long ago, along with many other creatures, but he'd heard about them all vaguely. He called down to her from atop the wall, "We're opening the gate--but you rush through, clear? We keep the doors open for as short a time as possible. It's protocol."

Jazz nodded in affirmative, her diplomat reluctantly climbing back atop the horse with a whine.

When the gate opened, she gave the same clear whistle, bolting her own horse through. Her diplomat gave a shriek as they thundered through the gate, coming to a heel once they were both inside. The diplomat once again jumping off her mount when it was still.

"Thank you, thank you," Ratta says carefully as he edged away from the horses. He gestured for the door to close and the massive, wooden structures creaked into a close slowly behind them. "Your cows will need to be placed in a pasture...we weren't notified you were bringing animals. I'm Ratta, and you are?"

Jazz snorted, muffling her brief noise under the collar of her cloak.

"These are h-"

"Hirviah, diplomat of Millennium Tribe." Her companion cut her off. Jazz's gaze flattened. She dismounted her horse, letting her companion go unanswered.

She approached the guard, Ratta, towering over him by what? A foot? Definitely more. Her 5'10 stature meant she dwarfed most everyone.

"Those," she resumed. "Are horses. And I am Jazz." She offered out her hand. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Ratta happily looked up at her and gave her a merry handshake, "Oh, Jazz. A pleasure to meet you! We're so happy to receive a new Magician for our protection! I appreciate the correction--I've never seen a horse before. A-anyway, I should introduce you both to the, uh, Shamari. Right this way, ladies...We'll just leave the horses here until we get you a liason to work out where they will be."

Jazz smiled at the mans energetic enthusiasm, looking back at her horses, she gave a crisp whistle.

They fell into line alongside the gate, lowering their heads to graze upon whatever plants lay upon the darkened ground.

Jazz and the diplomat followed, the latter in quite the huff over being overlooked. How that woman ever became a diplomat was a mystery to her.

They are brought before a bunch of tables, passing many of them until they reach one at the very end. A lot of the tables are half empty, others are completely empty and being cleared. The soft pillows that people sit on are still neatly arranged about each one, each one different in size and design. With a swift walk, they finally reach the final table where an older woman is seated, simply signing out paperwork instead of eating. There's still food placed at the table, but she's the only one seated there upon one of the pillows.

"Shamari, these two beautiful ladies are Hirviah and Jazz of Millennium. Jazz is our new Trade." Ratta says happily, "They are earlier than expected--they came on horses!"

Ascharya looks up at them, a stoic expression on her face. "You must be hungry. Please. Have a seat and dine."

Jazz smiles gently at the mans compliment, expecting the womans stoic nature, as is befitting a Shamari, but not expecting her garb.

Her diplomat eagerly sits, thanking the woman for her hospitality before digging in, highlighting the trials of their journey. Jazz, hungry herself, sits, thanking the man behind her, before munching through a generous serving of meat. She is careful to not eat too slobbishly. Eating enthusiatically was a compliment in her own tribe, bad table manners however...

She swallowed her current bite, still looking at the woman.

"You wear the cloth of the Hwy Tribe. Were those your first people?" Her curiosity gets the better of her as she asks this, unaware of how rude it might come across to ask such questions of a Shamari.

Ascharya looks up, staring at Jazz directly as a lot of those within hearing distance get quiet. Ratta clears his throat quickly, speaking before Ascharya can even respond. "Well, I best, uh, get back to my duties. I'll be sure to send Aerowyn to Liason." He waves hsi farewells to each of them quickly, taking his leave with haste as Ascharya still stares at Jazz with a neutral silence.

Finally, the Shamari speaks, breaking the hushed whispers around them, "They were."

Jazz is well aware of the hushed, awkward aura now permeating the air around them due to her question.

She takes another bite, chewing as she waits for the womans answer.

She swallows, expression still flat.

"My question has struck some sort of nerve. I apologize. My manners and personal skills are not...the best. So I'm told." She pauses. "I, perhaps, thought you might have been traded, like I?" She quirks her head, trying to find common ground with the woman and feels her diplomats fingers dig into her arm.

"Jazz, hush." The woman tightly whispers into her ear.

"Not quite." Ascharya replies shortly, returning to her paperwork, "Though, Cinema truly appreciates this Trade. Moving to a new place...it is jarring. Emotional. However, you are saving lives. I hope that you will come to understand that during this drastic change in lifestyle. I also hope that you can come to accept us in your heart."

"Perhaps." Jazz said flatly, looking down at her food. "The only reason I was traded was-"

Her diplomat clamped a hand over her mouth.

"WELL, I suppose that's enough of the pleasantries. Hm? I suppose she'll be needing a liaison, hm?"

No words are needed from the Shamari as a lovely woman that stands at a humble five feet tall sits next to them suddenly. She's smiling widely, sweetly as her long, black hair cascaded down over her shoulder in an elegant braid covered by flowers. Her pale, vibrant blue eyes seemed to shine with joy, beaming at them with kindness as she shakes each of their hands. "Aero. I'll be your Liason, my ladies. It is such a pleasure to meet you."

Ascharya nods, standing as she stacks up the papers and puts them in her hands before her, "I must attend to a fresh sapling this evening, so I must be a bit neglectful, unfortunately. I apologize. Aerowyn will be sure to take care of you until I am able to return. She'll be sure to get you settled and answer any questions that you have."

Jazz stands, towering over her, offering out her hand. "Jazz. A pleasure."

Her diplomat springs up too, almost tripping herself in the process, eager to scamper away from the terse Shamari.

Jazz looks back to the woman. "Do not apologize. Though I do hope we can speak more later. Perhaps I could make up for my....callous speach."

Her eyes drift back over to the smaller woman. "You are very pale, like me. Do you also come from the north?" She finds herself absently reaching out towards the vibrant flowers, but has enough sense to recoil. "Do you change your flowers daily?"

"Why, yes, I do change them daily. I'm a ritual hair preparer on the side." Aero replies sweetly, "Though, I am Cinema born. I just don't go out, much. Due to my line of work. I do a lot of indoor paperwork, as Ascharya's personal assistant. I hope you both don't mind, but you'll be staying with me this evening. Tomorrow, we'll work out what kind of home you'd like to have built for you so that we can begin the Founding Ritual. Does your Tribe practice the Founding?"

Jazz nods curiously. "For weddings an such? How many rituals involve fancy hair? Are there many, here?" Cinema already sounded strange, if there were many ceremonies that required this womans talents. "And it is no trouble. I am grateful you are allowing us to stay with you. I would be just as content to sleep outside. It is much warmer here than it is where I am from. Though the night chill is still sharp."

Jazz quirks her head to remember when her and her husband established their first house. "Something like it. We didn't get many newcomers. The closest thing I saw was when a couple is married, sometimes they establish their own homestead. There is a feast, some rituals to bless the home, and the village gives them gifts of trinkets, or showcases of their trade. I assume there shall be no such pomp and circumstance if it is just I?"

(To be continued)
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 20th August 2018, 9:17 pm

Aero laughs a little, "Many rituals and ceremonies involve such hair. You will see--including your Founding, if you want. We'll have such...'pomp and circumstance' as you call it, I'm afraid. It is simply unavoidable. We begin the plans for your home tomorrow and then our community will start to build it. WHen it's complete, the feast!"

Aerowyn begins to walk, gesturing for the two ladies to follow her. As they begin a steady pace, they are stopped by several people who greet them politely with handshakes and bows, introducing themselves and giving well wishes. Some hope to get to know them while others offer to be a guide if they get lost or have questions at all. A few men flirt, of course, though Aero is quick to brush everyone off so that no one is holding them back for too long. They need to reach their destination at some point, after all.

Jazz politely, if not oddly, greets all who stop them. Introducing herself before her diplomat can dally them for too long, shaking hands, and trading bows. The mens flirtations do not hold her back, and she pulls Hirviah away before she can relish in these attentions.

"Your village is rather friendly. Up North we are rather...taciturn."

Aero half-frowns, "Is that so? Doesn't sound like my kind of place. Sounds pretty...cold. Eh? See what I did there?"

Her diplomat laughs, perhaps a bit too much. Jazz blinks for a few moments. Done what? What had she done? Cold? Oh. Oh! It was a pun! She had made a pun.

Jazz snickers. Her diplomat sighs.

They reach a small living area where multiple homes are placed in a haphazard, scattered pattern. Many of the windows were lit up, both on the inside and out with a glowing, magical light. The magical influence was obvious, as it did not flicker like natural fire, but rather shined continuously as Lumos would. That and some varied in color--Lumos could occasionally come in other colors, happily. On the corner nearest the main road, a larger house with two floors was where Aerowyn led them. She made sure to open the door for her guests and to escort them up to the stairs. There, multiple guest rooms were provided and she was happy to let them choose the room(s) of their own preferences.

"You can stay in any room that you'd like. I'd like you to get settled and comfortable. I have a dear friend stopping by who chooses the land for your new home and I think I'll find a place near a pasture for your Horses. You'll be responsible for their care--though I do hope you'll help me gauge how much land you'll need. I know nothing of horses." Aero was saying as they eyed over each of the rooms.

Jazz nods, looking idly at the rooms before her, peaking her head in.

"Horses generally need a couple acres. At least enough space to freely run. They grow anxious otherwise."

Hirviah quickly, gratefully picks a room, flopping down with a grateful sigh. Jazz watches her, turning back to her host.

"This home is rather large. Do you have many guests?"

Aero nods, "Oh, yes. As the Trade Liason, I get all kinds of guests. Except for Hwy, of course. That would be the day. I sometimes get whole families that number up to nine or ten. That's why it takes so much space here. I never mind, though. I am pretty social, so this job suits me. Aside from doing all of the reading and writing for Ascharya--that's the Shamari--my job is pretty simple. I must say, I look forward to learning about the horses. We'll be sure to get them plenty of land, then..."

Aerowyn looked down at a her hand, pulling out a feather with a sharp tip in it, dipping it in blue paint from a can that was just in her pocket, and then writing something on her hand as a mental note. She mumbles to herself, "Room for breeding would be around ten fields outside....Th-they will breed, won't they?"

"Perhaps." Jazz responds airily. "They lost a foal three winters ago, haven't seen them breed since. I believe they're grieving. Very human, horses."

Her head quirks. "But families of nine or ten? That seems....excessive. Up north families stay within the amount of four. Easier to take care of. Not to mention mortality is higher. Namely among the young."

"Actually," Aero says matter of factly, "Those larger families tend to come from Trades with the North and South Sansfa Tribes--they tend to have families of that size, what with their weather and all. They live near the oceans and have less incursions from the Hwy to worry about. Anyway, I'll let you get settled. I'm going to get started on some plans for your home and your fields, and then we can discuss that further when you're both ready and well rested."

Jazz appreciates the information, but remains perplexed at how any family could feed that many mouths.

"Thank you, Aero. Your hospitality is appreciated." Jazz nods her head politely towards her. "I eagerly await the presence of your friend.

Aero begins to write up some notes as she waits, noting how much Exuma that her home tribe would receive, as well as other resources that she was traded for. They didn't need any particular magician, apparently, but Exuma is always a desired trade from someone so far away. Since Cinema owns one of the most lucrative sources of Exuma on Corporea, they've never hesitated to barter it for more desired things--such as a magician of Jazz' specialty and her horses in the hopes that they would breed. Still, there were other reasons, to be sure.

"Look at you, all dressed up," Marto says. Aero looks up at her friend and smiles with welcome, standing from the table to give him a warm embrace before inviting him to sit with her. He looks up the stairs expectantly, knowing very well where her guests would be, "You must be trying to put on quite the show. All right, which one are you trying to woo?"

Aero laughs, "Come now, Marto, behave yourself."

He sits down, his height defeating hers only by a mere two feet. He seems unbothered by that, however, and his smile at her is still warm and kind, matching with his vibrant green eyes and his red, fire hair and freckles. HIs entire countenance is friendly. "Just heard about the cows--why didn't Ascharya say she was tradin' for cows? They'll not have the fence for the fields finished for a day or so, now."

Jazz did not rest, she was not weary. The growing anxiety of her new, permanent forever here sank in to a deep, dark place it hadn't on the journey here. At least she had had something to keep her preoccupied then.

So, when she heard voices speaking downstairs, the biting ferocity of her curious nature got the better of her, and she slunk down the stairway.

She passed Hirviah's room, and heard the soft noise of the womans snoring, a light chuckle on her lips as she crept cautiously by. The woman slept like a log.

As she crept down the stairs, she saw...a man, speaking to Aero. Was this the dear friend she spoke of?

Cows?

"They are not cows, they are horses." She said loud enough for them both to hear. Loud enough for them to know she was eavesdropping. Her eyes widened, and a guilty look crossed her face. "I- I apologize, I did not mean to eavesdrop. I merely heard talking and I...came to investigate." She looked awkwardly between the two of them. "I...I could not sleep."

"They are not cows, they are horses," Aero said, though another voice spoke in tandem with hers. She looked over with surprise and then smiled brightly, "Oh, my, no--please, join us! You must be a bag of anxiety. Marto, this is Jazz. She is our Trade."

"Oh, aye!" Marto said, standing up to take an overly dramatic bow that was clearly done with sarcasm, "Your ladyship! Thank you so kindly for your great horse-cows! Forgive the fool for not knowing! Tell me, has Aero tried to seduce you, yet?"

"Marto." Aero narrows her eyes at him, "Enough with your laughter. I don't seduce everyone, you know. Sorry, Jazz, would you like some water? Did you get enough to eat?"

"A bag? I'd say a cartful." Jazz smiles back, albeit awkwardly. "It alright, Marto. Few know of horses, even where I am from. If you'd like to know more, I'm sure once I am settled, I could teach you. Both of you. They are very..majestic creatures." She rambles as she descends the stairs. She could speak of her horses for hours.

She comes to after a moment. "Seduce?" She quirks her head like a bird. "No. No? Now I find myself a bit offended." She hopes her humorous jab is taken as such. Her jokes often fell...flat. "But do not worry, Aero, you took very good care of both me and my companion. The food was delicious, no need for you to fret."

She stands now among them, a towering black smudge. "But please, do not allow me to interrupt."

"Well, here's the notes, Marto. You look them over." Aero replies, "I don't mind letting Jazz stay with me for a few days. It would take longer just to finish her home, anyway. We'll have one team do the fencing for the fields and another for building of the house. We'll need to teach everyone of your horses, Jazz. They are incredible creatures and we cannot allow anything to happen to them. They will be incredibly important to all in our community."

"They assist me greatly in my job." Jazz responds, tone flat. She looks at Aero. "I am also a proficient smith, my husband taught me much in the way of crafting weapons and tools, if there is a forge I might employ." She clears her throat. "If that skill is of any use to you."

'If anything happens to my horses.' Jazz thinks. 'Someones head will roll.'

"Excellent, we did hear." Aero says, "We have only a few smiths--it is of great help to have another. Though, I am sure you know this....you'll receive many proposals. We always encourage marriages here, but only when it is truly desired by both parties--no one should even consider pressuring you into one if you aren't ready. Please keep that in mind and prepare yourself. I mainly bring this up because it's important that you know that you've done your part. You've been stripped of your home and the Elders know that. So, if you turn down proposals, the tribe will not be offended by it. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise."

"I'm already married." Jazz says flatly, her demeanor turning icy. "I'm married and spoken for and I shall not break my commitment."

Aero nodded, "Very well. I am sure when you tell others, they will respect that."

Marto snorts and Aero glared at him. He's looking down at her notes. He's the head Founder, so he can read, but she knows that he's not snorting at what's written there. He's making a jibe at Aerowyn in his head. She narrows her eyes, huffing, "I am just as virtuous in my commitments, Marto. Don'tcha go judgin' me."

Marto can't keep it in. He laughs, barely managing his words, "Notice the 's' at the end of 'commitments' there. I mean, I'd understand if you had a lover or two, but six--?"

Aerowyn cuts him short, "They all agreed to it and we're all consenting adults, Marto. Shut yer trap."

"I do not appreciate the judgement of others consenting sexual relations Ser....Marto. " Jazz's tone is cool, but light. "Monogamy is a trite expectation for everyone to follow. If Aero prefers many partners, then that is her right. And she is, as I've seen, sociable and pretty enough to get them-" She stops, once more quirking her head.

"Could it be you are jealous? Though of what and who, I wonder...."

This time, it is Aero's turn to laugh. She doubles over at Marto's scowl, but he isn't overly upset, it would seem. Rather, just a bit of a pout before his expression unsours and returns to one of concentration before making his own notes on his own stone that he's carving into. After he's finished with Aero's hand, he pushes it away, to show that he's done reading. "This will take about three days, I think. Give or take. What sort of home do you want? Will it be just for you? Do you ever intend to adopt or have children?"

Quick to change the topic, I see. Aero thinks to herself smugly with a smirk.

Jazz smiles at Aero's laugh, grateful she was able to cause some amusement, her gaze flickers to Marto. She is now a bit...nervous...as to the structural integrity of her house.

"I've always valued space, openness. Perhaps give me an extra room, I have siblings in Millennium who might visit?" Wishful thinking, probably. They all thought she was a weird one. "And space to do my craft. Would it be possible to have a forge added on? Nothing large...but my soul arm requires constant maintenance that I'd feel bad bothering any of the other smiths with..."

"You'll have your own forge," Marto replies, nodding, "And your home will be near it, in the smithing area. The smithcasters live there, too. You'll be working with them, sometimes, so I do hope you'll have patience for young magicians and children that wish to learn your craft in some way or another. With how the soul wrought process works, we often need someone to guide our saplings as they do the work themselves."

Jazz nods happily. "Ah, of course. I was raised alongside many children. I work well with them if they do not mind my, well,...odd mannerisms. Thank you, Marto. Perhaps once I am settled I could assist you in your work, make you something. To return the favor?" She is unsure of how this tribe worked. Was friendship started by a series of favors and transactions? If it was by personality alone, Jazz knew she was doomed.

"You needn't," Marto replies, "This is my job, after all. We make a place for everyone. We want you to feel at home--we may not be like what you had, but we do still hope to be a good memory...a good place for you."

Aero nods in agreement, "Aye. You should be able to feel like you belong here. No matter what, tha's our goal."

Marto, "Also, Aero will want to to have sex with you."

Aero growled, "Marto!"

He chuckled, "Sorry, lass. 'Tis the truth, knowing you."

Aerowyn rolled her eyes and she said nothing to him, rather instead turning her attention to her guest, "How about a tour, then? I can give you one tonight and one in the morning so you can see it all by day."

"I....pardon?" Jazz blinked. "Yes....yes a tour would be appreciated. And thank you. Marto."

She looks to Aero. "Can we leave my companion to sleep? She talks too much."

"Aye," Aerowyn says with a mischievous grin.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 20th August 2018, 9:18 pm

[ATTN: Closed, Collab between Shamblo, Chenoa, Zahoet, Ascherya, Assorted NPCs (Rathis, Inle, Haize); The Mountain/Stormy's home]

Ascharya's bag is packed, her traveler's clothing making it quite clear that she'll be a member of those passing through the gates. She is somewhat distracted by the horses that are being held near the gates, however, petting one kindly as she watches those to wait patiently in the distance. It is rare to see such creatures here and she enjoys their charm. How many waited? Counting heads, she could see....four? Five? And Rathis was on his way. A reasonably sized group.

Sighing, she takes the blindfold out of her satchel and places it over both of her eyes. No need to continue using what was left of her right eye when she'd have so many guides to assist her with this climb. Besides, it wouldn't be able to see a thing in the dim lights, anyway. Her remaining eye is useless in torchlight. It isn't long before Rathis joins her, looking somewhat apprehensive. She needn't wait for Sarresha--she can sense her in the distance, hiding in the shadows.

Rathis is a large, burly man with frizzy, puffed black hair and dark brown eyes to go with his dark complexion. He's dressed simply within Cinema clothing, though his bow, ropecaster, and crossbow make his readiness clear. His soularm isn't anywhere to be seen, so it must be tucked away. Logical choice.

"Gateguards. Open the doors," Ashcharya says. She doesn't even take the time to greet those traveling with them. So many of the tribe have ventured forward to the door to either see them off or simply out of curiosity to see what's going on. Now she isn't sure who is who and who is or isn't going and she doesn't have time to discuss their journey where all can hear. They must get going.

The massively sized, wooden doors creak open slowly, anciently. As they open just enough for a person to fit through, Ascharya walks through just behind Rathis with confidence, stopping on the other side of the walls and waiting for the others to join. Before long, her companion also joins them on the other side, a tall-legged fox with a glint in her eyes. Sarresha. She saunters out and stays near Ascharya's feet.

Shamblo and her 2 trainees arrived just in time to see the Shamari before she walked through the front gates. "Come on, quick!" She whispered to her squad. Behind Shamblo followed Inle and Haize, both in their early 20's and in fit shape. Both trainees wore robes of black garb under traveling equipment and stored weapons. Inle had smooth black hair, tied into a long ponytail and a bandana over her forehead. Haize had scruffy brown hair that fell just above his eyes.

"If you hand't taken so long to prepare, we would have gotten here sooner." Inle scoffed.

"I was about to take me evening shower, jeez." Haize retorted.

Shamblo shushed them both as she walked through the gate.

Zahoet passed through the gates following after the Sentinels, Ascharya and Rathis. Normally the gates would have been open wider, but that would have been during the day. It was odd to see Ascharya wearing a blindfold. Everyone knew that Ascharya had rather poor eyesight, but this was still odd. Perhaps she was looking into other realms using the sight, it worked even if the eyes were covered. It was something that honestly he should have trained harder at, but it hadn't been very necessary once he returned to Cinema and stopped being an apprentice. Perhaps I should start practicing again, perhaps just before bed.

Chenoa looks at the others as they gather at the gate. She knows she is well trained with her weapons, but she really does not have experience outside the gates. She jumps lightly when the gates creaked open. She sees the Elder, her assistant and wolf go through. She looks over at Zahoet and waits for him.

She follows close behind and releases a breath she was holding. “Well here we go, of to an adventure.”

Ascharya waits for all to pass through and for the gates to close with that same creak and slow, dragging motion before she speaks. She is faced in their general directions, but she does not quite look at any one person or another. "Sarresha will be scouting behind us, far behind. If we be followed by anything suspicious, I will know. Otherwise, Rathis will guide my walk and help me climb. The rest of you, decide your logical order within our unit and let us be on our way. This sapling is incredibly high in affinity and she could die if we are too late."

Rathis crosses his arms, "Why did they not bring the girl to you, instead? You are blind--"

"That is none of your concern," Ascharya replies, cutting him off, "We are not here to discuss the why's and if's of things. We are here to save a life. Let's get the job done."

"I'll lead, unless anyone else knows the way to Stormy's better?" Zahoet offers since Ascharya had originally sought him out to lead the group anyway. It was odd to be surrounded by so many fellow magicians all at once. It was oddly comforting, like when he had been a sapling.

"If you know a safe route, please lead the way. My students and I will ensure nothing happens to you." Shamblo smiled confidently, secretly wondering if anything would happen at all. The night wilderness was dangerous to the unaware, but Shamblo rarely encountered anything more perilous than a wild boar.

"Well that settles that. One second." Zahoet reaches into his satchel and pulls out a short torch. Placing it into his teeth, he unwraps the head, balls up the cloth and puts it back into the satchel. Taking the short torch from his mouth, he lights it using the ones on the main gate. It quickly catches fire, the smell of pitch and tar filling the near by air. "Anyone else need a light?" It was nearly a new moon, and climbing the mountain without any light would be fairly suicidal. He didn't expect everyone to light one, likely the sentinels wouldn't but he felt he should offer.

"The light will disturb our eyes' adjustment to the darkness, but my team can follow you further out in the trees. We'll form a triangular formation and sound off a caw if we perceive any threat. Does this please you, Shamari?"

“Where do you want me?” Chenoa asks Zahoet. She didn’t want to be in the lead, but at the same time she wants to be close to him since she is familiar with. Plus the light will help. She looks over at Shamblo. “That sounds good."

"You should stick near Rathis and Ascharya." [i]That should help Rathis lead Ascharya around and if she needs help Chenoa will be right there as well. "Thanks."

"Do as you must," The Shamari replies, "Make sure you protect the girl. She is not a magician and therefore our weakest link. Onwards, Zahoet."

It was then that their journey began and they slowly made their way up the mountain--slowly due to the darkness, yet quickly due to their pace. Ascharya kept them on their toes, edging them onward in her tone and barely struggling at all due to her own disabilities. Things were quiet when it came to her, as she had no reason else to speak. The only words she bothered to utter were those ushering the group on. Despite this, they traveled all night, stopping only once after four hours of travel for a break, but then continuing their march.

With sunrise came the view of a hut in the distance above them, smoke rising from its chimney like a signal of welcome--or warning. Whichever. Though Ascharya did not know how close they were, Rathis kept her informed, guiding her step by step and now informing her quietly of the hut now coming into view. Stormy would be up there, soon.

It was a long trip and so far uneventful. Chenoa was on edge the whole way, but was able to refocus that to pressing onward. Shamblo and her guards are quite nice. She is happy to see the hut ahead of them. “Well we made it here. I hope we are able to save the girl.”

With the hut coming into view, Zahoet let out a sigh of relief. Luckily they hadn't been attacked during the trip but there still remained that chance on the way back after Ascharya saw to Nephenee. "Do you want us to wait outside Shamari?"

Shamblo was a bit disappointed her students didn't get to show their skills, but she couldn't argue with how smoothly the trip went. As the hut appeared in the distance, she only hoped Haize and Inle would hold their composure.

Ascharya made her way into the clearing before the hut with the assistance of Rathis. It isn't too long before even her little fox companion makes her way into view. "I'm sure you can set up a campfire here. Take rest. Rathis and I will go in and work. Be sure to keep watch, of course."

She and Rathis headed inside, obviously unwilling to wait for Stormy to greet them. The man never made his appearance, so she would make it known that they had arrived. Rather than sitting by, that is. There's no time. And so, she gestures for the rest to stay before being guided into the hom, though it would seem that her little fox companion would be remaining behind.

The fox moves up and begins to sniff at each of those readying to camp and rest. They must each be as exhausted as Ascharya felt. Either way, the little creature seemed at ease, relaxed. It easily moved between them, looking for affection and for warmth.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 20th August 2018, 10:42 pm

[ATTN: Closed, Collab between Shamblo, Chenoa, Zahoet, Assorted NPCs (Inle, Haize); The Mountain/Stormy's home]

Chenoa is visibly relaxed as she slides her bag off and digs through it. “I hope Shamari is going to be alright.” Her eyes drift to the entrance to the hut as her hands search for their prize. “I have some jerky if anyone is hungry.” Her eyes light up when she sees the fox approach. “I think it is soft enough for you to have a piece or two. Should we take shifts? After having some food? It would help with guarding."

"Yes, will do." Zahoet said acknowledging Ascharya's orders. Seeing the maned wolf come up and sniff his feet, Zahoet put the torch back into his teeth and held out his hand so it could sniff it before he went on to scratch its neck and behind It's ears. Letting it go when it went to the others for further attention, he went over and found a cleared area that would serve as a decent fire area. From the back of his hand, thick mud began to flow out, snaking out in a hollow ring. "Chief, do you guys want to get sleep first?" He set what remained of his torch into the fire ring. He would get more firewood once watches were decided.

Shamblo silently watched the Shamari enter the hut, imagining what was in store for the elder magician. Her thoughts were soon disrupted by her trainees approaching, both looking a little less than happy.

"I thought you said this was an actual mission. A chance to show what we've been learning." Haize chuckled as he set his gear on the ground.

"I didn't say we were going to encounter any enemies. But this is real. We're leagues away from the tribe." Shamblo replied.

Haize planted his butt on the soft grass and took a load off. "But the Shamari didn't even notice us. Didn't even say a word."

"I'm sure the Shamari noticed.....how quiet and peaceful the trip was, and how professional you were. She's just got a lot on her mind, probably." Shamblo tried to smile through the horse manure she was spewing. Inle, on the other hand, set down her gear looking as stern as usual. "It doesn't matter if the Shamari noticed. What matters is her safe return to the village."

Shamblo looked to Inle: "Thanks, Inle." Soon after, Zahoet offered the chance to sleep. "I'll stay up on guard. Haize, Inle, you're free to get some sleep if you'd like." When the fox came her way, Shamblo gave it a gentle caress down its back, enjoying the fur's softness.

"Alright, I'll work on the fire then." That just left Chenoa, the Chief and himself up on first watch in the dawn's early hours. Inside Ascharya would begin trying to deal with the newly budded sapling. They were called sapling because they would be tended to, and would grow into magicians. This first part though, wasn't always pleasant... Zahoet stopped next to the firewood, and reaching into his satchel pulled out a sling that he began to load with firewood. Looking over his shoulder towards his friend he said loud enough for her to hear, "If you want to sleep too, I understand. It may be hours before we leave."

“Sounds good.” She walks over to him and hands him some of the jerky. “Hopefully it will be a few hours. She is going to be tired too.” She covers her mouth to stifle a yawn. “You better wake me later though. You will need some rest too.” She goes over to Shamblo. “My dad is not the best cook, but his jerky is excellent. I have a few pieces for you and your recruits.”

Stopping long enough to accept jerky and pop it into his mouth, he went back to loading the sling. Chenoa wasn't wrong, he would need sleep at some point. Grabbing the handles to the sling he went over to the pit he had made and started to add wood to his still burning torches, Chenoa had already added her's it would seem. That would make this easier.

Shamblo readily accepted Chenoa's offering. "Chenoa, right? You're a very sweet girl. Reminds me of my own saint of a mother. Thank you, darling." She held her own piece and handed a piece to each recruit. Both Inle and Haize took a piece and tried a bite.

"Thanks, Chenoa." Haize said with jerky in the pocket of his cheek.

"Thank you. The jerky is very good." Inle had waited until swallowing before giving her appreciation.

Shamblo bit a chunk out of her jerky and relished in the flavor. "I'm gonna have to find your father and ask him a few questions...about this amazing jerky! Not even my brother can make jerky this good."

Watching Chenoa mingle as he stacked the wood made Zahoet remember that he had bread and cheese he should be offering too. It was somewhat shameful to forget when he had brought it for this. "I don't have tons but there is bread and cheese in my bag, if Chenoa wouldn't mind passing that out. I'm sorry if they don't rate up there with the jerky, they are a bit plain but should be filling."

"Oh, it's fine. I think we all brought food too." Haize said. Shamblo then turned to her pupil with "the side glance". Everyone in Shamblo's squad didn't know where the glance came from, but they knew it meant they were in for a lecture. Haize froze as soon as he caught Shamblo's gaze.

"U-uh, actually, I think some bread and cheese would go great with me baked potato. Thanks, guys." Haize scratched his head as he tried to hide the fear that struck within him. Inle merely nodded in agreement.

"You youngbucks are really too kind. The tribe could certainly benefit from sweethearts like you." Shamblo cooed.

“Thank you Shamblo. I am sure he would love to share his secrets.” She takes the cheese and bread from Zahoet. “I figured you waiting for later. The cheese is good too.” She offers it to the others. “Wow this trip is going better than I thought. This ‘young buck’ as you put it is going to get some sleep.”

"It's the least we can do for you and the Sentinels, don't worry about it."

Chenoa seemed like she was going to turn in now, "I'll wake you in a few hours, get some rest Chenoa."

Turning back to Shamblo, Zahoet continued what he was saying before. "After all Chenoa and I aren't the best of fighters, so something like this isn't much to ask, truly." That said, Zahoet had been aware that it'd be dawn by the time they got here. Making Stormy feed them would have been rude as well, so this was a tiny bit of keeping the peace as well. Sarresha had returned, sniffing Thimble at his back before coming close enough for petting again.

"Hey, it's a Sentinel's job to protect the tribe. No better reward than seeing everyone safe and sound." Shamblo sat with one leg arched over the other and took in the scenery. "Of course, being in nature at the break of dawn ain't so bad either." She saw her students were already fast asleep. Haize still had a piece of bread in his hand while Inle had a few crumbs left on her mouth. Shamblo only grinned and waited for the Shamari to finish her business.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd August 2018, 9:34 pm

[Attn: Stormy's home]

Upon entering the house, a plate of roast venison and tea would be on a small table in the main room. "In here," Stormy's gruff voice called from the back room.

He stood in a corner, spear in hand, position chosen as the most advantageous for attack, staring at nothing and seeing everything. "She's strong in the sight," he told Ascharya, concern in his voice discernible only to those who truly knew him. "Can't even make a few steps without crossing sight into another realm. Something...came here. Asking for a creature it seemed to think she knew." He looked at her. "Even half mad, her pride wouldn't let me bring her down like this." He looked over to Nephenee, who slept fitfully, her body crisscrossed with bruises, a particularly fresh one around her neck.

Ascharya had just waltzed in and immediately followed Stormy into the next room without hesitation. As she makes her way towards the girl, she seats herself on the floor nearby, removing her hood, but not her blindfold.

Rathis had thought it odd, them walking in without a word. Yet, he also knew there was no time to waste. He removed his robe and shirt to begin his own part of the work, but as he entered the room, he froze. His mouth ajar, his eyes wide, he said nothing. His dark brown skin was covered in white splotches at his torso, but otherwise, he looked quite like a normal tribesmen.

"Aye," Ascharya says, "This is an interesting development. I agree, Rathis."

Rathis rasped out his own words, "High Mother of Life, this is..."

Stormy gave her a flat stare that spoke volumes at his thoughts on their broken sentences. There was a light I his eyes that only someone who knew him would know that he was worried. He awaited explanation.

Ascharya sighs, "Spiritualist, then, Rathis. She'll be your apprentice."

Rathis walked into the room further, but his eyes aren't even on the girl. He's looking about the room, seeing more than any other here could see. "Synthesis. I can only help her so far.... But there's something else..."

"Ahan," The Shamari didn't move an inch as she sat upon the floor, but she decided to follow up on Rathis' failed words for Stormy's sake, "There's something here. We can't save her unless we ask it or remove it forcefully. It's protecting her from us. From everything."

His face became stony planes, but his eyes screamed his pain. "A curse of curses, then," he said solemnly. "This...will be a hard medicine for her to take." His granddaughter was the wind, free and fierce. A difficult path lay ahead of her, one that would take many of her freedoms away.

At their words, Stormy's spear moved to an attack position as his eyes scanned around the room. "Something attacked her earlier, not of our plane." Heat was in his voice. He still felt rage that something had come into his house and harmed his charge. He wanted to storm into Mezzetez and gut the son of a bitch stem to stern.

Rathis shakes his head, "Sire. Nothing is getting to her now. Nothin'. We have to find the spirit that she is bound to or we won't be able to seal her powers off long enough for her to have her soul wrought."

The Shamari merely confirms his statement before standing up, "Ahan."

The two are about to leave the room when she stops, turning to him. "Your granddaughter is in our hands, now. You'll let us do our work, now. Tend to your guests. They'll be waiting outside."

He grimaced slightly as to what he thought of that. He'd left meat and tea out for them and taken down the traps, what more did she want? "I don't know if it'll mean anythin'," he added on the way out. "But she said a name. Lorelond? Creature was after somethin' by that name. Thought it had to do with her." He headed outside, unsure of what future lay in store for the last of his family.

Rathis walked away and Ascharya followed, allowing him to guide her. Despite her thoughts of confusion, he seemed to know exactly where he was going as they stepped back outside. He immediately went around the hut with her and Ascharya gestured at the others and pointed to Stormy's door before disappearing behind some of thr rocks of the mountain with him. They were headed higher.

"How do you know where?" She asks him.

Rathis looked tense, "I can see the things you cannot see clearly with your sight. Souls of the dead. So many amphibians and reptiles rest here. And more importantly, Rassicar."

How grim.

"They are everywhere," Rathis continued with a tone of nervousness, looking to the same direction. All of them, quiet. Still. The dead don't usually behave this way."

They had set up a camp outside his premises. Seeing as they'd set up and were chatting amiably--and he'd feel less crowded with that many chattering mouths outside than in--he grabbed up his trays and brought them outside to their campfire, giving a respectful nod and placing them silently among them, then taking position back by the house. Ascharya had said something protected his granddaughter, but just in case, he wanted to be nearby. No, he needed to be. He'd failed her mother all those years ago, and he would not fail her daughter.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top