Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 40 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 40 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 17th February 2013, 7:14 pm

"Crazy, reckless fool..." Alfredo growled.

They dodged past energy blasts--apparently, the demons wanted to save their bullets. How conservationist of them...

They dodged and dove around corners, occasionally having to tangle with a few of them, dispatching them quickly and moving on. Finally, they were cornered.

"We're trapped..." Lucia said. Alfredo wondered why she suddenly had a penchant for the obvious.

"We're not licked, yet," he said with a grin. "It should be just about time..."

Suddenly, all of the soldiers clutched their skulls in pain. They fell to their knees, then to the floor, unable to focus due to the blinding pain in their skulls.

"Henry, Kropp," he said, quickly moving for the soldiers. "Exorcism time."

Quickly putting words to action, he pulled out his gun and quickly began exorcising the demons. In their predicament, it was ridiculously easy, if tedious.

When it was all done, Alfredo stood triumphant. "That'll learn that smug demon not to underestimate me," he said proudly.

Suddenly, they heard applause. Looking to the source, the demon sergeant was clapping.

"Oh, very good, very clever!" he said amused. "But speaking of underestimating, did you never think of the possible executions of a demon generator...?"

He stood suddenly and held up a hand. A switch on the generator moved, and energy started flooding out of it into a point in the room. There was a rip in space, and demons began filing out one by one. Alfredo's eyes widened in alarm.

"No..." he breathed.

"Oh yes!" said the demon sergeant with delight. "And it gets better! With all this cultivated demon energy in the air, they don't lose their power being outside of possessed humans! Isn't it grand!" He cackled with delight. "Of course, they still are only minor demons, but oh well."

Alfredo paled. This just got twenty kinds of worse.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th February 2013, 8:16 pm

As the demons ushered out of the generator Helena took a step back, and Kropp closed circle around the group.
"Oh well aren't we fifty kinds of fucked? So boy wonder, girl genius; anyone got a plan?"
Helena looked about the room, surveying the generator.
'We're 23 floors underground in a steel enclosure. The entire building is composed of granite, steel, iron and cement. The surrounding area would probably suffer heavy damage, yes. But they're in the military, they're expected to die.' Her eyes regained focus, zeroing in on the generator. 'And so am I.'
She looked over at Alfredo. "Alfredo- How destructive would it be if the generator blew up?"
Her first tangible sentence in hours and it's about blowing shit up. Kropp suppressed a smile, spinning his ax in his hand and assuming a fighting stance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th February 2013, 8:40 pm

Alfredo turned sharply to Helena. The insanity in what she was implying gave him something tangible to lock onto to fight back his fear.

"I've already told you, you lunatic!" he snapped. "That thing explodes and it takes at least half the city with it!" He regarded the portal. "Maybe more...

"If I could just get to it! I may have a way to turn this around! But..." he looked fearfully to the horde of demons, "how do we deal with so many...?"

"A--Alfie...?" Lucia said, pale as a sheet. "D-demons...?"

Alfredo looked at her. "You can see them?!" he exclaimed.

"Yes!" she said. "And that big bloody hole in the air!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 17th February 2013, 8:48 pm

Henry swore as he saw the demons filing out, listening to Alfredo and Helena talking.

"I can get you to the generator," he said. He shifted his grip on his sword. "And now I can use my sword," he said, a small smile spreading across his face. "You do what you have to do and I'll make sure you can do it, alright?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th February 2013, 10:21 pm

"But this isn't like the warehouse. It's a steel, concrete and granite enclosed and we are twenty three feet underground. It wouldn't be as dramatic, right? The military has precautions in case a weapon goes wrong!" Helena said hopefully. She looked at Henry. "Me- me too. I can still fight." She says, despite the fear in both her eyes and voice.
Kropp shakes his head. "Whatever you're gonna do, decide soon; these beasties look rather lethal."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th February 2013, 11:29 pm

"Hmph," Alfredo said to Helena. "Why do you think I said 'half the city?' My original projections were the city entire."

Alfredo inserted several crystals into his staff and it glowed. "I'm going to fight my way to that blasted device and save the city!" he declared.

Immediately, he threw out several holy bombs. Where they exploded, demons died. His staff glowed with holy energy as he waylaid into them, trying to cut his way through to the reactor. Even if he got there, there was still the demon to contend with.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 17th February 2013, 11:40 pm

Henry raced after Alfredo as he started off, reloading his holy gun and shooting out at the lesser demons coming out of the portal.

"When you reach it don't bother with fighting," he said to Alfredo as he ran next to him, shooting several demons that tried to get in his way. His eyes wandered to the sergeant. He wasn't going to just sit there as they worked.

Fine. I can handle that. Anything to get rid of that damn generator.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th February 2013, 2:19 pm

Helena and Kropp sprinted after Henry and Alfredo, trying to cover him while he followed through with whatever hopefully successful plan he had come up with. Kropp leaped at a demon who was making for Alfredo, wedging his ax in its head as it lunged for him; the demon swept him a few feet into the air, rearing its head. Kropp kept a firm grip on his ax, reaching into his holster and pulling out his pistol. He began firing point blank shots into its head as it desperately tried to fling him off. After about six bullets successfully wedged in its skull, the demon collapsed onto the ground, bowing its head. Kropp pulled his ax free from the demons head; going off to play bodyguard once again.
Helena in the meanwhile was also trailing after Alfredo. She was on the lookout for any attackers, holding her sword tightly. She tried to close rank to the back of Alfredo only to turn and be sideswiped by a human sized demon; though thanks to her small stature it was quite a bit bigger than her. She pressed her sword into its head and it let out a ghastly wail. It began trying to thrash her off and she was swung about like a rag doll. It clawed at her neck, its mouth agape, its hollow, beady eyes wide with rage. She rummaged through her belt that Kropp had given her. Her hands fumbled with a grenade and she reared back her fist and smashed it into the demons mouth. Small, dagger-like teeth pierced her arm and the demon blasted her back. Helena tumbled backwards, bumping into Kropp and preventing her from falling on her behind. The demon clawed at its throat before the grenade went off; spraying odd colored appendages and sickly blood everywhere.
She returned back to her position; both her and Kropp sticking to firing off shots rather than engaging any more demons at close range.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th February 2013, 5:43 pm

Hailey dashes into the demon, initiating with a quick right hook, which is the only arm she could use due to the bullet wound. 

The demon easily dodges and hits her hand while tripping her, making her flip upside down. Hailey instantly retaliates with two kicks directed to his head, while being upside down. 

The demon laughs and says "Creative aren't we.." while blocking the first kick and then grabbing her foot on the second and tossing her into the bubble that was surrounding them. 

Upon hitting the bubble, every part of Hailey's body that touched it felt as if her bones were breaking simultaneously. She lets out a horrid cry of pain before falling back to the ground, her eyes wide, and her breath accelerating as she made sure her bones were still intact. 

"Wha-What the fuck is that..." she says attempting to get back up. 

The demon laughs and grins wickedly. "oh, just my special little trick, it's quite neat if you ask me. Oh and by the way, if you continue this way, you won't be getting anything out of me, nor will you be getting out of here to help your precious little friends.." he finishes, an evil look in his eyes once more.

Hailey grinds her teeth together and curses underneath her breath... That fucking prick was playing with her... She than took a deep breath and got up, than adopted a fighting pose, a one handed, fighting pose... 

She grins, thinking; Never knew this one handed training against my angry young brother would come in handy... Laughing inwardly. 

"You wanna play demon? Let's..." she says confidently.

The demon smirks and adopts a more serious position. 

Come on Hailey, you have taken out a bunch of demons his level before, don't let one arm injury stop you. She thinks to herself, breathing slowly. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th February 2013, 5:57 pm

Lucia followed after Alfredo. When did he get so brave...? She looked over to Henry, pondering on him being a better man than she had given credit.

Alfredo hadn't forgotten Lucia, but he had to trust that the medibots would protect her, and they were doing their job adequately, tearing through demons that got too close to her with airship force.

Crackling holy energy lit the surroundings up as he whacked demon after demon out of his way, slowly working his way to the generator. Finally, he hit the railing for it.

"Lucia, over here!" he called, pulling the strap of the healing gun off.

He opened its matrix, readjusting the lattices and replacing other crystals with more potent holy ones. He held the gun up to Lucia.

"This sets it into a beam," he said, showing her the nozzle. "This sets it for wide dispersal. Wider hit, less powerful."

She watched, then steeled herself and nodded as he tossed her the gun. She locked and loaded and opened fire. Demons died.

As Alfredo climbed up the stairs and down the railing, hordes of demons leaped up in front of him. The only advantage was they were limited in how many people could attack him. He fought for his life as more crept up behind him.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th February 2013, 6:09 pm

Henry leaped up in front of Alfredo as he reached the generator, alternatively shooting and stabbing at the demons that leaped down at them trying to get at Alfie. He struggled to keep moving, breathing hard, and some of them managed to get through his defenses, landing glancing blows on him.

What the hell is the big one doing? He couldn't afford to look away from what was in front of him long, so he took short glances to look for him, tense. He wouldn't just watch for much longer...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th February 2013, 9:31 pm

Helena and Kropp closed rank on either side of Henry. Kropp pulled out a grenade and launched it into a cluster of demons; killing one, maiming others and making the rest extremely pissed. Helena managed to hit a few demons in the head, but that merely slowed them slightly; with a few more blasts one was down but the others kept coming. Kropp cursed under his breath, swinging his ax at one and earning a long gash on his arm for his trouble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th February 2013, 5:12 pm

Hailey initiates, dashing in but keeping the demon at arms reach. She sets off a combo of hits with the same arm. The demon blocks all of them and then retaliates, to which Hailey, being prepared, grabs his arm and pulls him forward while side stepping, greeting the demons gut with her knee and the elbowing the back of his neck. 

The demon falls down flatly to the ground as Hailey bounces back. "You don't know who your dealing with demon.. How about you cut the crap and say what it is you have to say." she spits out at him. 

He gets up slowly, cracking his neck and laughing. "That's where your wrong lass, I know a lot about you and your family.. And I'm not done having my fun yet." he finishes with a grin, dashing to her immediately after. 

Hailey wasn't prepared this time, he body checks her and pushes her all the way into his field once more, keeping her there for a few seconds. The pain was unbearable, feeling as if almost every bone was breaking at once continuously, she let out a cry of agony that lasts the whole duration that he kept her there.

He than grins and throws her to the center of the field. "Aah.. Hearing of a human scream in pain  is always so thrilling." he says with a satisfied grunt. 

Hailey slowly gets up, her body feeling numb from the pain. "You bloody prick.." she mumbles.

"Now now, no need to be vulgar, so how is it you haven't gone coo coo yet Ms. Valentine..?" he says with a grin, waving his hand beside his head to indicate "crazy". 

So he really did know about their curse.. She needed this information.. Suddenly she had an idea. She dives into her imagination and tries to replicate Alfie's exorcism guns. After a few seconds, she manages something similar, although not quite as complexe as a gun. 

A glove appears on haileys hand, but there was something strange about it, it seemed infused with some sort of magic.. The demon cocks an eyebrow. "A glove? You finally use your magic for a glove?" he laughs before continuing. "Now what is that going to do to me Ms. Valentine?" he says with a cocky grin.

"More than you think demon...." she says before charging at him one last time. She maneuvers as she approaches him, feinting from side  to side. The demon anticipates the wrong trajectory and gets face palmed by Hailey at full force. 

The glove than works it's magic, detaching the demon from it's host slightly. Hailey see's the demons head exit the man's body and instantly grabs it and pulls the rest out, grabbing its neck and slamming it to the ground.

She grins and huffs as she mumbles.. "it worked.." with satisfaction. 

"How the fuck did you do that" she demon says, it's eyes open wide. 

Hailey chuckles "Oh just my little "harmless" glove here" she says grinning. "Now spit it out demon." she barks out at him materializing a dagger and putting it up against his face. 

"Fine.. You beat me, I will keep my end of the bargain.. But on one condition, you let me live after, and yes I will leave this place and will not harm your friends." he says with another cocky grin, making Hailey dig into his cheek slightly.

She cringes and curses under her breath.. "Only If I find your information to be useful.. Now go on."

She demon clears his throat. "Your great grandfather and his lackeys fought the lord some time ago. Simply put, the lord was getting quite annoyed with them so he decided to simply curse them, and you already know the effects, I'm sure. Your great grandfather, due to the immense amount of demonic energy the lord has, instantly succumbed to madness and killed all of his little friends while their foe was simply walking away." it than struggles as Hailey's grip tightens. 

"If you want me to finish I suggest you let me speak.." making her realize it and loosen it a tad. "Ahem... Yes so, the Valentines have been cursed ever since and there is no cure, other than.. Well.. Destroying its origins of course, not that it is possible." he finishes with a smirk.

Hailey then frowns.. "Who is this Lord you keep speaking of?" 

The demon than grins wickedly. "Why, your very poorly informed aren't you. The lord is none else then Lord Wrath, one of the seven spawns of Satan himself."

Hailey's eyes widen immensely, and she gasps letting go of the demon due to her surprise. The demon than vanishes along with the field, and she thought she heard "We shall meet again, Ms. Valentine."

Hailey puts her everything aside as the world around her sinks in. It was still total mayhem and demons were already rushing back onto her. She cringes and materializes a one handed long sword and started fighting them off, but she was having a hard time, her entire body was exhausted from the magic use and numb from the damage she took from the force field. 

She takes a quick look around between parries and dodges to see if every one was fine, and sighed in relief as she saw them all fending off demons while Alfie was working on the generator. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd February 2013, 12:02 pm

"Drat it all! They just keep coming! Wait! I've got an idea! Luci, Henry, cover me!"

Trusting to them, Alfredo instantly sat down and began working on his staff, adding some wires and components he'd brought along. A few minutes later, he jumped to his feet and slammed his staff down. Immediately, a perimeter of holy energy shot out, encasing them in a holy field.

"It won't hold long," he said, "but give me the breathing room I need--oh no..."

Between him and the generator controls stood the sergeant. "Tsk. Tsk," he said. "You make such interesting toys. I'll have to figure out your secrets after I rape your mind..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 22nd February 2013, 8:54 pm

Henry's jaw tightened. "You'll do no such thing."

He raised his gun, squeezing off two shots at him and charging behind them, swinging the hilt of his sword at the sergeant's face.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd February 2013, 1:09 pm

Helena snarled at the sergant; murder on the mind. Like hell she'd let anyone be subjected to that horrific, horrific pain- even Alfredo. Because even for how annoying and stuck up he was, no one deserved it. "Over my mutilated body you disgusting piece of shit-" She bulleted between Alfredo and the possessed man, readying her pistol; she wasn't equipped with any suitable holy weaponry- so if worst came to worst she'd have to either cripple or kill the man- and in her current state it didn't seem too bad an idea.

-------

https://gateway-2-rpg.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1116
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th June 2014, 4:37 pm

==> Moved to the Registration Archives due to role-play inactivity
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top