Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journeys and Adventures

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 11 Empty Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2014, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

It was a gorgeous sunny day in the city of Maplevale. The morning rush had already passed, and with school not yet started for another few weeks, the traffic was at calm levels--save the rush of the teenagers with cars. The city was expanding rapidly with the new jobs that the energy and technology plants were opening bringing new people to it. The city had begun to swell from a population of 100,000 to nearly 200,000 in the span of half a decade. The construction jobs prevalent to deal with the expansion had been numerous, but it was dying down finally. Thankfully. It was still growing rapidly, beginning to earn the nickname "mini-metropolis." It boasted numerous parks, a growing expanse of skyscrapers, a few large lakes, and two centers of learning renowned for their academia nationwide--one of them Ivy League. In short, life was good in the city.

Jericho meditated on the roof of the city, trying to focus his power, trying to understand it. He still was unsure of what to do with this power. Becca was still trying to get him to put on some ridiculous outfit and "hero it up" with her. Still couldn't believe that had become a reality.

But was that what his powers were meant for? There was the argument that power not used was no better than having none at all. There was also the argument that great power carried great responsibility--the Spider-Man credo--but just because you had the power were you necessarily obligated to the world around you to use it?

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

Jericho sighed. He'd been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even felt Becca's presence. His face made a grimace that faded when he saw Becca in her civvies and not in her "Vivacious" uniform.

"You always do that," she grumbled, folding her arms. "I'm doing some good out there."

"I didn't say a word," Jericho said, closing his eyes and trying to return to meditating.

"You don't have to," she snapped, "your face says it for you. Look, I messed up and am trying to make up for it like you taught me!"

"I don't recall telling you to name yourself 'Vivacious,'" he said with an unsuppressed smile.

She made a face. "You're a real smug bastard, y'know that?"

"Guilty," he added with a laugh.

"Hey!" she said grabbing his arm and pulling him up. "Enough with the monk stuff! I'm hungry!"

Jericho popped an eye open to look at her. "You're a grown woman," he commented. "Go and get yourself something to eat."

Suddenly, he felt a spike of energy and saw a glowing ball of golden light in Becca's hands. She looked highly disgruntled.

"I don't wanna eat alone," she said. "And just like you helped me, it's my job to help you. And all this antisocial behavior just isn't good for you."

Jericho sighed. "I take it that means you're gonna badger me until I agree to go?"

"You're a fast learner!" Becca said cheerfully.

Jericho sighed. "Alright, let's go..." he said getting up.

"Yay!" Becca exclaimed, jumping for joy. "And hurry up! I've got orientation in an hour!"

Jericho sighed again. This girl was nothing but trouble...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 11 Empty Re: Journeys and Adventures

Post by JerriLeah7 11th September 2015, 6:13 pm

[ATTN: Terry]

When Terry started to ramble about his ability, she could tell right away that he is uncomfortable. It would seem that he does not mention his gift to others very commonly. Still, she waits with expectation, wondering what he will reveal it to be. At first, his words go over her head and she doesn't quite understand what he's saying.

Then, he finally just says it. He reads mind. Ouch. Talk about a shitty ability. That means he can read the negative thoughts that everyone thinks but never say. All of the darker wishes and silent anger and deep hatred. All of it, probably. Tam doesn't think she could ever cope with such an ability.

Then she goes red in the face as she realizes everything she was thinking about when they kissed. It comes back into mind and then she realizes that he probably knows that she likes him. Well, shit. And now she's thinking about it all over again!

But now, Tam has realized that she hasn't said anything. She's just been sitting here, thinking. Like an idiot. Talk about rude, regardless of his ability.

"Dude, that sucks." Tam says awkdardly, "...unless you like having that gift. Then, congrats."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th September 2015, 8:23 pm

[ATTN: Tam]

Terry could feel her confusion, then understanding, and finally what he was expecting - the embarrassment. He blushed along with her, her own embarrassment feeding into his until his face looked like a ripe tomato.

"Uh, yeah," he said, "and I'm sorry, I should have told you sooner, but the point I'm trying to get to is..."

He ran a hand through his hair, trying to suppress the desire to crawl into a hole somewhere and die of embarrassment. This was why he hated saying it, though embarrassment was better than, y'know anger.

"Right, the house. It's..." He shuddered. "It felt like there was some consciousness in the whole house. The kid you were talking to... I couldn't feel where his mind stopped and where others began. I couldn't hear anything from it either. It felt like I was drowning." Terry reached down and put his hand over his stomach, still queasy. "There's something in there more dangerous than just frat bros."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th September 2015, 9:40 pm

Tam isn't entirely sure that she understands what exactly is going on. Still, she does understand that something isn't right, for sure. Maybe the frat boys are all brainwashed? They were stupid to begin with, for sure, so it would be easy to brainwash the majority of them, anyway.

Still, if they can't go in there and the place is wrong, how are they supposed to help this dead chick? And what's the mystery? Is there even a way to continue this little investigation of theirs? Tam is no detective, but it's not like they can take what little they have to the police, either.

"So...what should we do then?" Tam asks, uncertainly. Then, she adds, "Oh, and thanks. For telling me about your gift. I'll tell you what mine is...once I've figured it out."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th January 2016, 4:03 pm

Relief washed over him at her words, and he took in a deep breath. "I... I don't know," he said. He could consult the Collective and see what he could find, but that could take ages, and he wasn't sure what he'd be able to find out anyway. They could try going back, but Terry didn't think he'd be any use fighting whatever that big thing inside was, and he wasn't sure about Tam either.

"I think we need backup," he said firmly. "No offense, Tam, but... well, your power is pretty new to you, and I'm not a very good fighter myself." He tried to think about what other supers he knew about. Only the big names came to mind, and they were probably fighting aliens or something... "There's gotta be some other super who'd be willing to help us out." Police, obviously, were out of the question - he didn't think they could handle the big presence in the frat house either.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th January 2016, 1:11 pm

[Attn: Terri, Tam]

"Mystery!"

The girl was suddenly standing before them, pointing sharply back the way they had come in warning. Alarm was in her expression.

[Attn: LW, Open]

"Okay," Vivacious said, dusting her hands as the last of the minions were dispatched. "Assholes dealt with..." She began searching them, pulling out wallets, taking a sack and stuffing them into it. She'd read some of Jericho's comics and thought them full of shit. She wasn't working pro bono--hell, repairing this stupid costume of hers cost! But she also found rope to tie the assholes up with.

"Alright," she said after she'd finished tying the last one up. "We need to make sure these girls get safely to a cab, and then we need finish this..."

[Attn: Wild-Child]

The girl fought ferociously in a dozen different styles! And she changed them up with no clear pattern. His own power was all that was protecting him, but even then, she was scoring some blows, though she was taking the worse of it as, as soon as she touched him, he countered. She was strong and coked up on adrenaline, but he could see the wear and tear of his blows starting to impact her. Although, he was slowing down, as well. This needed to end, soon.

EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th January 2016, 9:13 pm

Tam nods her head with agreement, "Okay, good idea...who do we go to? You got super friends? Or we could ask Horatio...he seems to have a lot of contacts, apparently, other than my old, cranky parents..."

She's about to say more when the dead girl appears before them once more, speaking the same word as she always has and pointing back the way they came. With a squeal, Tam jumps up, her hands going up before her with palms opened up wide defensively.

She cowers back behind Terry, as if using him as a meat shield of some kind against the dangers. As the adrenaline falls away, she pulls away from him nervously and apologetically as she apologizes with a sheepish expression.

"S-sorry." She says, How the hell does he get used to that?!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 26th January 2016, 9:20 pm

[ATTN: Tam, Ghost]

Tam's fear startled him some, and he flinched back as well with her as the ghost girl appeared. He composed himself quickly as he tried to translate. "We're not safe here," he said, looking back towards where they came from. "Come on, let's get out of here." Terry grabbed Tam's hand and turned, starting to run.

[ATTN: Viv, Open]

"Yeah, on it," Lightweight said as she approached the girls. "Alright, let's get out of this dump, eh?" she said, trying to give them a reassuring smile from under her hood.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 31st January 2016, 1:20 pm

Venom wrote:
[Attn: Wild-Child]

The girl fought ferociously in a dozen different styles! And she changed them up with no clear pattern. His own power was all that was protecting him, but even then, she was scoring some blows, though she was taking the worse of it as, as soon as she touched him, he countered. She was strong and coked up on adrenaline, but he could see the wear and tear of his blows starting to impact her. Although, he was slowing down, as well. This needed to end, soon.

[Attn: Assassin Guy]

The girl fought like a whirlwind, emulating one beast after another. As one fist bullets by her opponents head, the sound ripples through the air. Had that connected... lights out. She took swipe after swipe with her claws and seamlessly transitioned to kicking like a kangaroo or pouncing like a tiger. All the while, her body showed signs of wear. Not from the strikes of her enemy. She showed no signs of even registering his assault on her. She never staggered or showed any indication of fatigue. It seemed as if she couldn't even feel. Yet there were wounds. Abrasions. Tears in iron-hard skin.

Stop it! Knock it off! I'm in control, here!

You are weak. Tamed. You no longer have the right to this body. So we will take it from you.

The longer this carries on, the more of these bizarre wounds appear. The more open, the more their stripe pattern becomes apparent. The blood stripes of the Animal.

I said CUT IT OUT!

As the girl pounces the assassin, something gives her pause. She hesitates for a moment at something internal. Snarling and backing up off of the murderer, holding her head.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 15th June 2016, 9:28 pm

[Attn: Terri, Tam]

All around them, they could suddenly hear footsteps and flashlights. "Fan out! Find the fuckers! We'll show'em what happens when you mess with the Alpha Theta Omegas!" A chorus of howls rent the air.

[Attn: Wild Child]

He had tensed as the girl had pounced for him, but suddenly stopped and held her head. Well, he was certainly not one to not take advantage of an opportunity. He immediately cast about and found a metal bar, grabbed it, and promptly clubbed the back of her head while she was distracted. He quickly departed before she could recover.

[Attn: Lightweight]

They returned to the trailer the men had been trying to stuff the girls they'd saved in. Vivacious held up an orb, looking inside. "Something's not right..." she said. "This place hasn't been seeing much action, yet they were gonna stuff them in here. Hmm..." She walked in and looked around, her footsteps making echoes in the hollow container. She walked around the walls and saw nothing. "What the hell...?"

She walked toward the back, cutting a line through the middle of the trailer. Halfway to the end, she suddenly heard a hollow thunk from the floor. "Aha! You monkey asses thought you could pull a fast one!" Her hands grew brightly as she began channeling energy through them. "Time to make a door!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 30th August 2016, 10:29 pm

Terry jumped as he heard the shouts. He hadn't noticed them approaching until they yelled, and as he tried to mentally reach out to them - there it was, that wall again. His stomach turned. "Come on," he said in a urgent whisper, picking up his pace as he pulled Tam along with him.

[ATTN: Vivacious]

Lightweight stayed outside the trailer at first, keeping an eye on the girls, but when she heard Vivacious yell triumphantly she peeked inside, curious. Viv's eyes were on the floor below, and a mental sweep out told her - yes, life energy under the floor. She raised her fists, ready for another scuffle.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th September 2016, 2:40 pm

Tam suddenly wishes she had been more in shape and active--after only a few minutes of rushing and running and speed walking and speed sneaking, she's exhausted and breathing hard. This is such a tough job. On the positive side, she gets a nice view of Terry's backside from back here...

"Where are we going to go?" Tam whispers frantically, "I think everything will be locked."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th May 2017, 3:11 pm

==>  Moved to the Role Play Archives
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator