Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilds Role-Play

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guilds Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Guilds Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 15th May 2014, 3:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

[ATTN: ALL]

It is a beautiful day, around three in the afternoon, the whole of the region suffering from rather strong winds. It is warm and sunny outside, until the wind blows when it is somewhat chilly. The clouds float on by with the wind's direction, giving the blue sky a bit of variation in design. The towns and cities bustle with busy citizens, Guild Hall doors open and close as business concludes and begins for various members and of course, the streets and halls are also busy with chatter--as it would seem that although things are the same today as they would be on any other day, there is one thing that every living person has in common today.

Everyone that is willing to talk about it seems to have this feeling...a feeling of wrongness. Today feels different, somehow, in some way, though no one is certain as to why this is so. Some are mildly worried, others simply casting it off as just a weird phase. Many have approached the Guilds that are local to them, inquiring if anything can be done it. This has led everyone to realize that even magic casters have felt these odd feelings in their guts, though they seem not to know of its cause or how to make the feeling go away. Everyone has been uneasy since they woke from their beds this morning, but they day still continues on, as if the global feeling did not exist...

Guilds Role-Play - Page 2 Post_s10

Last edited by Leah7 on 27th February 2015, 6:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Guilds Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Guilds Role-Play

Post by Vye 21st May 2014, 5:41 pm

[Attn: Janos, Client]
--Ferrum Coordinator Guild Hall; United Merchant States--

With a small sigh of relief, Char let the stress fall off of his shoulders. He felt he dodged a bullet that would have sent Rodimus on a rampage. Char tried his best to look pleased with the way things turned out. When the customer turned to Char, he held an upright stance with his hands clasped together as if he were a butler.

"No, thank you, sir for being so understanding. You won't find Janos here slacking off next time you return! I assure you!"

As Char led the customer to the exit, he heard faint chuckling in the background. I swear to the heavens, if you screw this up, it's toilet duty in the forgery for a month! One of his eyes wandered to the members who were making a fool of the man. If only Char weren't forced to keep a placating face...
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 21st May 2014, 7:00 pm

[Attn: Nymeria]

She wiped her face and slowly stood. She knew her eyes were puffy and that she probably looked a mess. She pulled out a handkerchief, drying her eyes and blowing her nose. She bowed politely to Nymeria, her hands tucked over her midsection. "I'm afraid I look quite the fright, so I must respectfully decline. Thank you for your kindness."

[Attn: Open]

Janos had stopped paying them any mind once the man had turned to leave, his goggles going back over his eyes and going to get a few bars of metal. Generous bonus, huh? He could probably manage it, but if this guy turned out to be yanking his chain, he'd never work for him again. While the other blade slowly cooled in the smoker, he placed the blocks of metal for the next blade in the coals to let them warm while getting the hilt for the current sword ready. The next few days would be long ones.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 22nd May 2014, 6:31 pm

[Attn: Sylmeria, Open]
--Blazing Sword Guild Hall; Terrenia City--

"Suit yourself, milady." Nymeria answered with her usual, relaxed expression. She could tell she was going soft on the poor child, which might make for some awkward encounters with the other guild members, but that will have to wait until another time. As for the moment, Nymeria wanted to let her mind sink into a hibernate-like state and let a few hours roll by. She exited the tight room and walked to the guild's own bar. She let her eyes wander around as she made her way to the tavern. Nothing of interest really stuck out to her.

At the bar, Nymeria sighed as she sat at the ordering table. The bartender eyed the woman cautiously, unsure of how to approach the strange, red-eyed peculiarity. Nymeria scanned the shelves of alcohol and tonics. I wonder if they still serve the ol' Dragon's Breath back from my day. That had one hell of a kick. Nymeria beckoned the bartender over with a wave of her hand.

"You know what the Dragon's Breath is?"

The man furrowed his light brows as his lips crumpled. "No, don't believe I ever heard of it."

"...Never mind...Just give me some vodka. Extra ice"

Unsure of what Nymeria was referring to, he soon brought her a glass of cheap vodka with the surface broken up by ice cubes. Nymeria thanked the man before taking a sip, feeling as if she's lost contact with the world.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd May 2014, 2:12 pm

Guilds Role-Play - Page 2 Post_s11
[ATTN: CLOSED]
--Just Out of Reach of the Ferrum Coordinator Guild Hall--

"If there is one thing that could be said about Kanna, it is that she was the light of the day. She brought laughter, grace, kindness, and a beautiful wisdom to all of those that knew her. She never let go of her manners, she always took care of the feelings of those that surrounded her, and she never, ever forgot somebody's name or birthday." Terrence had said on that day, staring down at the photograph above her coffin.

"When I met Kanna, she had been the most enchanting stranger that I had ever seen. Not by her eyes or hair or countenance--as stunning as they were--but by the first words that she had ever said to me. I had been walking to the Guild Hall and she looked at me with that smile as she walked over and said: 'Sir, would you like to make all the difference in the world to someone today?' At first, I was confused, but I said sure and grabbed my hand and pulled me down the street to that charity of hers--the uh...the one for the families of the missing girls last year?"

At the end of this line, Terrence's voice had cracked and he had to pause to shut out the tears so that he may continue to speak freely. "I got a year of Kanna in my life and it was the most beautiful year in my life. For a year, I have changed the lives of so many people and have saved so many lives because she uplifted me and taught me to be a better man. To Kanna's family and friends, I urge you:"

A pause. "Kanna was taken from us, taken from the world, but her light remains within us and within us, we can help what she stood for shine. I love you, Kanna Siat. We will never forget your light in our days."

That had been so long ago, it seemed. Truly? Only about eight months, but Terrence had mourned her death, her murder for far too long. He stood in the sunny street, looking about patiently for his contact. The man was hardly someone he could or would trust, but previous missions and tips passed along through this very person had always proven to be accurate and true. Honestly, the man's authenticity towards his work did not matter to Terrence. Anger had--is--eating at him and the only thing that matters is the death of the person that took Kanna from such a shitty world. Bitterness gnaws at the core of his stomach as the hooded figure stepped forward from the shadows, lowering his good to look less suspicious in the bright walkway. His black clothes clearly still stood out amongst all of the color.

"So?" Terrence asks. "Was is Dark Ascension or not?"

"Yes. I found her in the records just two weeks scheduled before her death." The man says, his white eyes handing out folded piece of paper. "Are you sure you want to know this? You can walk away before reading this--this is the name of the killer that was assigned to the Quest. I expect extra payment, and of course--you never got this from me."

Terrence pulled the paper from the man's hand instantly, removing jingling pouch from his belt and dropping it into the extended hand before turning to walk away quickly. As he turned the corner down a darker alleyway several minutes later, an explosion was heard from behind him, brilliant green flames rising up from the violent bang and tasting the buildings in the entire block with destruction. He closes his eyes, relaxing in the warmth of the green flames for a few moments until the screams of several citizens began to annoy him. It really would be better if humans could burn without sound.

He looks down at the name, reading the name before the green flames could eat away at the last evidence of Terrence's investigation into Kanna's death: Nadia Pardeva. Terrence exits the green flames with a look of anger, determination, and a dark sort of satisfaction. He will most certainly enjoy setting the bitch on fire.

Guilds Role-Play - Page 2 Post_s11
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd May 2014, 2:47 pm

[ATTN: Lockett, Seere, Darius]
--Alleyway in Gates Town; UMS Border Territory--

It was a bit concerning to hear Darius say that the leader of this group was a magic user, it opened up a whole new realm of problems. However, there was nothing they could do about it so they just had to push forward.

Before the plan could be put into motion, two people stepped out into the alley. Fuyu recognized one of them as the guy who had come out before while they were watching. The two began to have a heated discussion; he leaned forward but stayed low, trying to hear what they were saying. It wasn't a pleasant conversation, but Fuyu did get some information from it.

"They have someone posted up front inside," he whispered to the others. "They check for tattoos, and apparently if you don't have one they won't let you in. You might have to do some talking, Seere."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 23rd May 2014, 3:17 pm

[Attn: Janos, Open]

After the customer left, Char finally felt he could relax for a bit. He made his way back to the Guidmaster's room, ready to take a look at a few documents that needed attention. Half an hour into the paperwork, Char heard a massive explosion off in the distance. A long, extended sigh escaped Char's mouth as his head fell to the table. What could possibly be wrong this time!?

Afraid to look, Char rose from the Guildmaster's chair and walked to the front entrance where he hesitantly pushed open one of the large wooded doors, guarded by two bulky guild members. The next sight horrified Char-putrid, black smoke bellowed from the nearby residential area, followed by the smell of some kind of chemical. Char wasn't entirely sure. He twisted himself back towards the Guild building and ran back inside.

Char grabbed the first member he could find with a fierce grip. "I want you to find anyone who's willing and able to suit up in fire-resistant gear and grab any and all emergency material. That means hoses, med kits, stretchers, and water. Anyone who can manipulate fire or water is also required. Meet up outside the front entrance. Spread the word!"

With that, Char left the surprised member to go organize a wagon to transport the personnel. After that, he sprinted over to the refinery, almost out of breath. He took a moment to collect his voice and made his announcement as loud as he could. "HEY! LISTEN UP! An explosion occurred in the Res Area so we need anyone who's willing and able to help put out the fires! If you can reliably control water or fire, you have no choice but to come! Meet up outside the front entrance ready to head out!"
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 24th May 2014, 5:16 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]
-Shazeer Ruins; Northern UMS Territory –

Sheridan examined behind the bookshelf, searching for the indentation. He quickly glanced at the opposite wall from the bookshelf, but his hand still traced the uneven wall that was in front of him. Feeling his hand dip into the indentation, he was snapped out of his thoughts and looked at what his hand had found.

“I think I may have found it.” He mentioned to Ryla, who had the key. He waited for her to open it. As Ryla was opening the door, dust and debris began to fill the air. Sheridan attempted but failed to stifle a sneeze. “Sorry…” He said apologetically.

They entered through the entrance. He could tell from the webbing and the dust that they were the first to enter in a very long time. “Amazing…nothing like this has been discovered before.” Sheridan was in awe at the sight around him.

Sheridan spun around excitedly and got a full view of the dimly lit circular room. “It’s fully intact! All of it! This…This could give us a better understanding of the Shazeer.”

As the other guild member spoke up about lighting the room, Sheridan began to create a ball of light for each brazier. The balls of light lit up the room enough so that the writings could be read clearly. “Much better."
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 24th May 2014, 6:06 pm

[ATTN: Open, Boy, etc]
[Location: Inside Burning building; Ventya State; United Merchant States]

Xiax shielded his face with his sleeve as he spots the stairs. Seemed that part of the roof, the ceiling, something had fallen and blocked most of it off. The boy needed help, and Xiax didn't think he could climb over it without getting badly burned. He looked at his hands for a second feeling a bit helpless as he figured he'd have to move some of it first.

Hurrying over to the rubble he stuck his hands into it, then sharply pulled them back out and shook his hands futilely as he hissed sharply in pain from the burns. He pressed them against his damp shirt, probably not the best idea considering how dirty it was. He gave some of the boards and things a kick, his feet moving some of the looser things but not really making much progress.

Looking around he tried to find something to wrap his hands with.... "Xia, less brain more muscle." he said before he wasted too much time. Pulling his coat off he threw it down on the floor then struggled to remove one of his damp shirts underneath it. Finally he got it off over his head, then put his coat back on. "It should be somewhere in here." he muttered as his hands dug through his pockets, till they found his knife. Say what you will, but at least the blade wasn't dull or rusty, and it definitely helped in cutting up his shirt.

Sticking the knife back in his coat he wrapped his hands quickly, just pulling them tight and into a hurried knot. With that done he grabbed some of the boards and got to work. The smoke was bothering him a bit, it made his eyes burn pretty bad, not to mention he kept coughing, but that didn't slow him down as he made enough of a hole to squeeze through. He felt himself getting scratched and cut here and there through his coat as he forced himself through. There was some tearing of fabric as he got snagged and had to wiggle and tear his way free.

The other side of the debris wasn't good, but he still had enough room to get through the hall with some work. Coughing Xiax shouted the best he could, his mouth and lungs hurt from the heat "Kid! Say somethin!". He hadn't heard anything but that might be because he had just reared back and kicked the in the door to the first room. Pausing he waited a second, to see if he could hear the boy, "Come -" He coughed, "on, Kid!"

There was less smoke in here with the window being open, but no sign of the boy. Cursing under his breath he went back into the hall and opened the second door. The door handle scorched his hand through the mostly dry fabric but he got it open. There was nothing but smoke in this room and Xiax covered his mouth as he entered. Squinting and fanning the air he did a quick search, nothing here either.

"Kid you in here!" Xiax yelled then promptly started a coughing fit, as he went out the door to the last room. "Kid?" The door to this room was open and he waved himself in through smoke. Even with his eyes watering he had trouble finding the boy till his feet bumped into him. Crouching down immediately he rolled the boy over. Xiax couldn't see any blood, he wasn't even sure if the boy was alive. He put his hand on the boy's head and with the level of confusion going on just activated his magic on the boy...

The building shifted slightly as a tremor shook it, and broke Xiax's concentration as he reflexively pulled the boy against his stomach and tried to cover him. Some of the ceiling shook loose and rained down. It hurt, even the little stuff that hit him, but he shielded the boy. A wave of dizziness rolled through him, and he remembered he'd tried to magic the boy. He couldn't remember if he'd felt anything, no way to know if it was from the sudden quake or the magic.

Don't think I can get back down those steps he reasoned since the boy was still out cold, and they had no way of knowing if the shake had made it worse. The only light he had was coming through the window, and he didn't like where his brain was going but he was running out of options. He picked up the kid, and thanked his stars that the boy wasn't older. Xiax undid his hands and eventually worked the kid onto his back. Crouched over, the boy's arms and head draped over hie shoulders. Using the wraps Xiax tied the boys hands together around his neck. His hands hurt worse, now that he'd removed the cloth, but he reached behind him and put a hand under the boy's butt to keep him steady as he went to the window.

"K. Just don't look down, just don't look down." He kept saying as he swung a leg over and started to climb out the window.
"Not Down. just not down." Xiax had only one hand to steady himself in the window as he got his other leg out. He closed his eyes for a second, knowing the ground was down there. Then mustering his courage he let go of the boy and grabbed the window frame.

He felt the tension on his neck, as the boys arms pulled against his throat but the boy was still on-board. Xiax twisted himself about and got onto his stomach in the window-frame, his hands holding onto the wall. Dreading it, he slid out the window, grasping for the windowsill as his weight slipped.

His hands caught, and he groaned with having to maintain his weight plus the boy's. "Down, down." No choice he had to, so he looked. His head looked right back up at the sky, "Ok, ok, Xia you can do this. Yeah, sure." He let go with one hand and his arm strained horribly as he forced his body around to the side. "I've gotta do this." he encouraged while putting his foot against the building. He pushed off, trying to hit the ground first and to take the fall himself.

The fall came, an explosion of pain as he hit the ground accompanied by the searing fire of something stabbing him through his coat (The knife).
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 25th May 2014, 1:32 am

[ATTN: Darius, Fuyu, Lockett]

Seere was all ready to step out and give it a shot when the pink haired girl stepped out with the man, and he leaned back behind the crates to watch and attempt to listen. He couldn't quite hear it, but the girl didn't seem to be taking to it well.

"She don't seem pleased," he muttered under his breath, listening to what Fuyu had heard from it. "Hey, I can talk plenty," he said. "Can't say it'd get me nowhere."

[ATTN: Ruoh]
--Quinsenterra Guild Hall; Gir'ratown--

Nadia was reaching for the folder as time seemed to warp around her - her hand reaching for the folder slowed, as if moving through mud, and she slowly looked up, surprised, to see his eyes glowing golden. She clenches her hand into a fist and tries to get up - slowly, impossibly slowly, as the ringing in her ears intensifies - and then as suddenly the bizarre sensation faded away and she hesitated, paused moving forward as if to rise from her chair.

She looks Ruoh in the eyes and sits back silently, finally reaching all the way out to take the folder. She cleared her throat uncomfortably, pulling the folder into her lap and looking down at it as she opened it.

"I am surprised that Lady De Gant referred you to me," she said, as she started to read. "I'm far from the oldest member in this guild, as I understand it. There are many who have been here longer than I." The request seemed to be filed by the citizens of a town roughly 300 miles north of the guild hall. The report said that people - especially women - were going missing in the area, never to return, and that wasn't even to mention those who straight up were dying. The buildings were all falling apart, each of them affected by some sort of magic, and so Quinsenterra, being the closest Guild hall, was sent the petition for aid. The signed clearly stated they would be more than willing to answer any questions asked by a Quinsenterra investigator.

The women going missing... that bothered her. Frightened her, more like. "I... might need some time to find someone appropriate for this mission," she said. "In fact you may want to send several. It seems very dangerous."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 26th May 2014, 11:16 am

--Blazing Sword Guild Hall; Terrenia City--

After Nymeria had left, Sylmeria stood there for a few minutes before finally taking a deep breath and leaving the closet. She used the back passages to reach her room. There, she went to the washbasin in her room and splashed her face with water a few times before taking a damp cloth and scrubbing at her face. She looks in the mirror; her eyes were puffy and glassy. Drying her face, she pulled out her powder kit and applied a light foundation to her face, helping to hide the puffiness. She brushed her hair a few times, adjusted her clothes, then stepped back out, heading for the master's office so she could look at the ledgers. She hoped Harima had been lying; why would the master do that to her.

He heard an explosion and the resulting rumble, but ignored it and kept working. Probably another crazy experiment. However, he got another distraction when Char suddenly announced a fire was going on and enlisting help. Ah, well, guess it can't be helped, then...

He continued the hammering until that bit of the process had been done, then placed the newly shaped blade in the coals to keep it warm--there was still more work to be done. He got off his leather apron and gear, then grabbed his sword and strapped it to his waist, finally heading out to see what all the fuss was.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 28th May 2014, 9:01 am

[ATTN: Darius, Fuyu, Lockett]

Lockett watched the exchange between the criminals with mild interest. Apparently, there was some discord within the group. More importantly, however, the group was obviously more organized than they'd anticipated.

"Well then." He shrugged, having to agree with Seere; he could talk all he wanted, but if he didn't have the right tattoo, it would probably fall on deaf ears, especially since the man wasn't known for his eloquence. "Apparently this isn't as ragtag a group as I thought. We might need a plan B. Trying to get in without a tattoo strikes me as... not smart."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 28th May 2014, 1:41 pm

Once all of the men and women had collected outside, Char grinned at the number of people. "Alright, I want everyone to pile into the wagons and get ready to head out. Let's go!" With that, Char climbed onto his own horse and rode ahead of the group. The closer he got to the hazardous zone, the worse the fumes grew. At the scene, Char was awestruck by a strong green flame that consumed several homes but was perfectly contained within the area. What in the heavens' name is this?

Soon, the other guild members arrived and hastily got to dowsing the fire with water from a nearby reservoir. Yet somehow the water had little to no effect. In fact, the fire seemed to expand wherever water made contact. Char never realized the phenomena for several minutes, more worried about getting the job done quickly. From the looks of it, the buildings could hold their structure for about an hour or two before collapsing. Glass shattered and small debris fell everywhere, but the walls were well built.

Char ordered one magically fire-resistant member to check the bottom floor for safety, but the man couldn't even get close to the flames. The heat engulfed him just like any ordinary human. Char was perplexed; the water was useless, the fire-manipulators couldn't control the flames, and those normally resistant to heat couldn't even get close. Of course...someone used magic to conjure the explosion as well as the green fire...But is the fire being actively controlled or did some kind of bomb set it off? God dammit Rodimus, you picked a fine time to be away.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 28th May 2014, 3:18 pm

[Attn: Char, Open]

He joined the lines carrying water, figuring out rather quickly that the water wasn't working--though the green flames were a dead giveaway to magical origin. He hadn't a clue how to diffuse the damn shit, so he did the only thing that he thought sensible.

"Okay! We should get hotdogs and marshmallows!" he called. "But before that, let's start evacuating people out of here just in case this thing can't be contained!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 28th May 2014, 8:20 pm

(ATTN : (ATTN : Sheridan, Noname guy)

--Shazeer Ruins; Northern UMS Territory--

''Meh, knowing the culture or not, it all come to the same actions in the end right ?! We just poke around everything we see and find it BOOM !'' Her hands in the air she express the boom part with a lot of energy and then come back to a more normal tone of energy and voice ''Well at least it always worked for me that way anyway.''

Ryla started moving the Bookshelf to try and see better behind it. Sheridan first found the hole of the key and mentioned it. ''OH THERE IT IS !'' She said inserting the key at the speed of light without much thoughts. The wall suddenly start to move and Ryla take a few step back and go hide behind a desk yelling a clear ''Eeek !'' She had obviously been startled a bit by the debris and the large noise the wall was making. When the movement is finally done with, Ryla quickly came out of her hiding spot and rushed inside, stopping to hear Sheridan sneeze. ''Aww that was adorable Sheri-pie ! '' Ryla said clearly making a bit of fun of him.

Running a bit forward, she looked and poked things here and there already. ''Good idea radio guy ! '' Ryla exclaimed toward the guy which Miriam used earlier to talk to them. She waited for Sheridan to do his magic and then truly became hyper. ''Wooo this is much better indeed ... I wonder if we can trigger the magic circle or something... then again I'd probably mess up and make it explode if I was the one who did it. ''

Again she started rolling on the floor and doing her weird poking techniques till she came across some kind of box... no a sarcophacous ?... With curiosity she approached it, looking left and right like she was about to do a crime and then opened it in one move. ''OUUUH Hello mister.... or... is it a lady ?... Whatever it's nice to meet you my dear mummy !'' She said taking the hand, not thinking it was disgusting one bit and trying to shake it a bit... however something came to her mind the moment contact was made. A vision of a man drawing a prophecy on the wall came to her. She froze for a bit and then smile. ''You liked scriblling on the walls ! Interesting ! I'll call you... the drawing guy !'' She said letting go of the mummy's hand and doing a thumb up.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 31st May 2014, 2:03 am

[Attn: Ryla, Guild Member, Open]

Sheridan shook his head in amusement. “Boom…it isn’t quite how I’d describe what we do.” His and Ryla’s approaches were vastly different but both had benefits. Maybe that’s why they were here on this expedition together.

Once the room was lit up, Sheridan approached the center. “How about we not make the place explode? In fact…I hope we can keep this uncontaminated as much as possible.” He said absentmindedly since he was so focused on deciphering the words written.

As he was scribbling notes into a small notepad, he began to hear Ryla start speaking to someone. He immediately looked around, completely confused as to who she was talking to. “Ryla…?”

Sheridan quickly approached her when he realized that Ryla had found a sarcophagus. He peered over the mummy, poking at it with his pen. “I’d say male and has been here for quite a long time, hard to determine exactly how old. But what was he doing here?”

He placed a finger to his lips as he began to ponder. His pacing increased as he walked back and forth from the sarcophagus. “Scribbling…wait you mean that he was like a type of scribe for this place? Maybe he was buried here as some sort of guardian…or maybe a keeper of their beliefs.” He mentioned to Ryla.

As soon as he was done speaking, he finally noticed that Ryla had been and still was playing with the mummy. “I see you two are getting friendly. Does he have a name?” It was an attempted joke on his part.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 31st May 2014, 8:05 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Sheridan]

As the two archeologists move their way about within the room, Bentas waited patiently, watching as the three brazers within the centers were lit and the room was lightly illuminated. The walls were riddled with familiar symbols and images, as well as the pillars, each of which were riddled with a symbol of one of the most prominent Deities of Shazeer.

Ruins Layout:

A small, scraping sound is heard with in the room, and Bentas looks over to find his interest piqued by the very key that had opened their cleverly hidden door. It seemed to be shaking within the wall slot, as if some sort of invisible thing were shaking it violently and trying to pull it out. As he steps forward to reach it, the key falls out and rolls onto the floor and Bentas finds that he has to chase after it a bit.

The large, rocky wall begins to move again as the key has made its exit, the secret door closing yet again as it had been for so many years. As Bentas reaches for the key, he realizes that he cannot find it--and part of him panics. Surely, it cannot have gone far...but if he cannot find it...

As the door closes, the three brazers at the room's center shift with change, the fires within them shooting up with more extreme heat as their bright flames turn a deep turquoise. Though the room is marginally warmer, it cools after a few seconds, but not until after a small pedestal rises from the floor's center from the symbol that marked the ground, triangular in shape and reaching the height of one's chest. Upon its surface, several indentations can be seen, as if marbles could be neatly placed within the circular crevices and left to simply sit.

[ATTN: Nadia]

Ruoh waits patiently as Nadia reads over the mission file, as there is quite a lot written there, despite how vague some of the information truly is. He drinks a bit from his cup that is on the desk, sipping quietly and respectfully as he waits, watching her carefully as she finishes looking over the information and requests for time. Ruoh nods his head respectfully.

"Of course." Ruoh says with a sultry smile, "You may choose as many as you like. Just send me a list of the names you'd like to send and I will be happy to send them that way. I truly appreciate your assistance with this, Ms. Pardeva. I am...told...that Lady Aurella chose you, not only for your skill, but your talent in leadership potential. Perhaps you should lead this group, yourself, if that is the case...?"

Ruoh stands up, turning to face away from her and reaching up towards the top shelf, as the entire back wall is a bookshelf. He pulls down a large book, though not overly so with a dark, velvety cover and golden letters on its front. The title speaks with a cursive, rich writing: "Leadership Feats" As he places the book on the table before her, he takes his seat once more, gracious and silent in his movement as ever.

"Should it interest you, this book actually belongs to me. I would be happy to let you borrow it." Ruoh says as his golden eyes meet hers with an intensity. "Even if you choose not to be a leader, you still have the aura of one--people will choose to follow you, whether you prefer it that way or not..............the greatest of leaders can either save many or kill many through unity. I hope you will not forget this."

[ATTN: Xiax]
--Ventya State; United Merchant States--

As Xiax fell to the ground, several people call out in relief as several magic users arrive on the scene, water users quickly making their way to put an end to the fire's angry touch. One lady rushes to her son, whom Xiax had just saved and begged for someone to look at him. Sure enough, a woman issues an order and a young lady moves to the mother and child with a healing touch, blue glowing at her hand as she tries to help the child regain consciousness. After a short time, the child will come to, coughing heavily with confusion and uncertainty.

The woman that had issued the order, and many more orders after, is told who saved the boy, her attention brought to Xiax as he is standing from where he had fallen. That he had been around the flames is apparent, so she approaches him as her former, hardened expression and cold eyes soften. With long, silver hair and violet eyes, she stands at around 5'8 with a small, thin build.

"Hello, sir. Would you like us to heal you? We have both magical healers here and some medical kits." The woman greets quietly, "Or do you need some water?"

[ATTN: Kaimele]
--Terrenia City Streets--

Lady Crye is delighted at Clementina's response, her wide and bright smile making her pleasure evident as she pulls at a small hand fan that had hung around her wrist and bringing it up to open and relieve her face from some of the day's heat. She listens as the dancer asks a few questions and she gestures for the lady to follow as she begins to walk once more from the flower stand.

"I am so glad you will be there." Lady Crye says, pleased, "This will be a masquerade ball, with the theme colours of silver, black, and gold. We are going for just a bit of Metallic Gothic style and I am personally hoping for some more...sultry dances. Nothing too over the top, of course, but enough to catch the eye of every man in the room. Of course, there will be women guests--myself included--but the 'judges' of my uncle's and father's competitions are usually mostly male and I'd really like to appeal to that audience."

Lady Crye giggles a bit, shaking her head as if to say "men." She is walking more slowly, now, careful to find shade behind a building or two. One can tell she is not too cool, due to the rich and layered clothing that most ladies of high social classes are required to wear. She doesn't complain, of course, as most women are expected not to do this in public. "Do you have any other questions?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 31st May 2014, 8:51 pm

[ATTN: Open, Bossy Woman, etc]
[Location: Outside Burning building; Ventya State; United Merchant States]

Grimacing and groaning he lifts the boy's arms from around his neck as he settles the boy on the ground. It is made difficult by the pain in his side, but he just places his hand over it for now and applies a bit of pressure while checking the boy. There seems to be several people gathering around him and even the boy's mother seems to have fought herself through the crowd. As far as Xiax can tell the boy seems to be alright, but he isn't sure if the boy is actually alive or not.

The mother rushes over and cradles her boy as she calls out for help. It's when she does that Xiax notices that "help" has arrived. There appears to be a couple water using mages working on the fire. One able to shoot water from his body, while the other sort of pulls it from the well. The panic rises at seeing them, and makes him stand from his crouch on the balls of his feet.

Someone comes over and touches the boy, hands aglow. Stepping back and away the movement draws more pain from under his hand, which he looks down at in worry. The blood seems to be staining through his coat, that isn't good, no it boded badly. He didn't want to risk taking the pressure off it, he might pull the fabric away and make it worse, but he couldn't know how bad it really was.

"Hello, sir. Would you like us to heal you? We have both magical healers here and some medical kits." The woman greets quietly, "Or do you need some water?"

"huh?" he replies rather stupidly, as he focuses on the source of the voice. "Ohh ah, ummm I ahh." He looks at her, she's a little shorter than him but not much, maybe half a foot at most. The silver hair and violet eyes weren't out of the ordinary either among the normals. "uhh, the boy?" Xiax looked over still disoriented from earlier, his body in disagreement while he caught sight of the boy who seemed to be receiving a crushing hug from his mother who was overjoyed at him being alive.

Xiax's body relaxes as the uncertainty of the boy's condition vanishes. The world tilts suddenly as he stumbles and as his adrenaline also starts fading. "uhhhhgg." he moans as he somehow manages to keep from spilling in a heap on the ground. "I can't - I couldn't, can't afford.." he mumbles as his hand raises to to refuse. There is a slight tugging sensation at his side as he stupidly ends up trying to refuse to this lady with his bloody hand.

The stress, and weakness are some rather good encouragement as he says, "I'm just gonna - seat." and sits. At least she doesn't have some guild symbol, so he'd probably be alright if she saw to him.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st May 2014, 10:46 pm

--Silver City; Holstein Kingdom; Lark--

He played his music in a trance-like state, his mind still processing what he'd seen. The door. His mother. Did she somehow lie behind that door? Would he be able to see her again? A hunger so ravenous it felt like it could swallow the world whole threatened to consume him. He would find this door and he would find his mother. But for now, he bided his time, playing for the money when the signs to pursue this door would present themselves. He'd be ready.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st June 2014, 1:39 pm

[ATTN: Darius, Lockett, Fuyu]

Seere grimaced, flexing his hands as he thought about Lockett's words. "There's gotta be another way in," he said. " 'Sides the front door. I can still distract 'em up front while you boys find another way in?"

[ATTN: Ruoh]

Leadership potential? Now I know he's off.

But Nadia took the book gratefully anyway, studying the cover a moment before she stood up from her chair. "Perhaps I will," she said. "Lady Aurella is far too kind." She gave a small curtsy. "If I may take my leave?"

She turned and left when he dismissed her, closing the door softly behind her before she started back quickly towards her quarters. It wasn't until she was inside, the door shut and locked hard behind her, that she opened the book.

Nadia flipped through the pages hastily. Nothing. It was just a book. She was being paranoid. Nadia gave a sigh before tossing the book onto her desk. She sat down at the desk and pulled out a pen and paper and began writing down names, slow and cautious, like a child at practice.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 1st June 2014, 3:54 pm

Kaimele
{ATTN: Open}
--The Taverness Reaches Club; Terrenia City--
Clementina nods as she listens to Lady Crye. Her mind is already whirring with the possibilities of costumes and dances. “Thank you very much Lady Crye, I will make you proud. Give me the details of when and where the party is and I will be there. I better let you get back to your business. I hope you have a pleasant rest of the day.”

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 1st June 2014, 4:56 pm

--Residential Area near Ferrum Coordinator, United Merchant States--

Char was lost in his own thoughts until he heard Janos suggest evacuation. "Brilliant, Janos!" He exclaimed with a finger in the air. "You can cover distance quicker than most members. I entrust you to evacuating the east side with some help. I'll take care of the west side. Let's try to clear out at least a radius of 500 ft!" Char then hustled over to a small group of 10 men and women who were conversing among each other. He assigned them to evacuation duty, pointing to Janos, who would have a level of authority over the members. One man took a displeasing look at Janos and spit towards the ground. However he still followed the group that appeared to be live and ready.

Char ran off to his own side, acquiring any member who could help him. "I'm afraid I can't join you, but I have to continue overseeing the fire. Take any civilians you can and escort them away from the area. If you see anyone suspicious, bring him in for questioning. We don't need any unnecessary deaths on our hands."

After Char's team dispersed, the assistant turned his attention back to the fire. He quickly found one other guild member that had the particular ability of seeing magic in a way nobody else could. Seth was his name. Almost out of breath from searching for the man, Char ordered Seth to inspect the fire with his ability. "Nothing, sir. The fire's not being controlled by anyone! It's just a big blob of magical energy!"

That's it! Char thought. He thanked Seth before stepping closer to the green inferno. There must be a way to put this thing out...Water...No...Dirt?...No... Char was then interrupted by Seth who had a worried look. "The fire! It has a strange magical aura! One that's different from what I normally see!" Char's eyes instantly popped with excitement. "A different aura!? How strong does it look?"

"Pretty fierce, but not the most powerful thing I've seen."

Char rubbed his chin as his mind darted with ideas. No time to wait! He thought as he sprinted to the fire-magic users. Two forces that collide will equal force will cancel out their kinetic energy...so two opposing magical forces should do the same...hopefully... Char ordered every magic user to blast the flames with their own stream of heat and fire. At first the fire-throwers were confused and almost offended, but after some desperate coaxing from Char, they eventually used their abilities. Fire streamed from the guild members in several different ways, but all of them seemed to be weakening the green flame. "That's it! Keep it up!" The green monster didn't appear phased for a few minutes, but it eventually grew weaker as more fire was poured into it. Soon, all that was left of the block was a mess of overcooked buildings.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st June 2014, 6:53 pm

[Attn: Char, Open]
--Residential Area near Ferrum Coordinator, United Merchant States; Janos--

Janos nodded, smirking as the guy spit at him. "You aimed the wrong way," he told him, thumbing to his right. "The fire's that way."

Immediately, he shot into the air, landing on the roof of a nearby building. "Fan out!" he called. "Work in groups of two--deal with the buildings closest to the fire first. You two stay out here and direct the people!"

Soon, there was a smooth line of people fleeing from the direction of the lines. However, the green flames started to die out, slowly but surely. "Looks like Char's living up to his name!" he said with a laugh. "His namesake is all over those buildings. Good advertising."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 1st June 2014, 7:33 pm

--Residential Area near Ferrum Coordinator, United Merchant States--

Char watched the smoke rise into the sky. Even the smoldering ashes left a funny smell. "I want Seth and the fire-fighting team to search the houses for any survivors and any remains of the magical entity." He ordered boldly. Still, Char was doubtful anyone could survive such a cooking. "What kind of madman would target civilians so randomly?" He asked himself. He knew the guild had no natural enemies; it was a fairly neutral guild, not very active in politics. Still, was this act of terrorism meant to send a message at all? Damn, everyone's too busy to search the perimeter...the culprit probably fled by now...ugh..

The houses were built to withstand normal fires, but one conjured up by a spell was a different story. Char was happily surprised the buildings still held their integrity. One of the guild medics approached Char with her head held low. "So far...there are some survivors...but they are so badly burned. They're being treated and prepped for departure as we speak."

"Good." Char replied as he ran his fingers through his hair. His eyes still gravitated to the scene before him. "Good..."
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 2nd June 2014, 9:24 pm

(ATTN : Sheridan, Bentas)

Ryla had not quite heard Sheridan well when he mentionned the stuff about not making the place explode, considering her attention spawn was toward a mummy. Sheridan then approached her asking about the name of the mummy. ''Vincent something, didn't caught the familly name....'' Ryla seemed very serious for a moment and then she said ''I'll call him Vince the scribles ! '' It then hit her that Sheridan had mentionned something before asking the name. ''Well... I dunno, but from what I saw he seemed like someone who was drawing these spells or something like that.

A small sound is then heard, but Ryla doesn't quite give it attention till a larger sound is heard, much sounding the same as the sound from the rocks that move to show the entrance. ''Hm ?...'' Ryla was about to look toward the entrance, but the fact that some magic was activating made her distracted again. ''OUuuuh ! Magic platform and stuff ! Awesome ! '' She ran inside the center area toward the platform that raised and tried poking it to see what it would do.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd June 2014, 8:40 am

[ATTN: Open]

In a little under an hour Nadia sent out several messages; one of them to Ruoh saying she would take command of the mission and would be bringing with her two others; Sache Balfonte and Xaroff van Morte. There weren't many fighters in Quinenterra but those two were the best she knew.

Messages were sent to the two she requested as well, asking them to meet with her in the meeting room of the guild hall on an urgent matter. Nadia changed into something more practical - a simple sleeveless cream top and knee length brown skirt - and made her way to the meeting hall to wait.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top