Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Other World.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Other World. - Page 2 Empty The Other World.

Post by EphPhoenix 9th November 2014, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a chill autumn in the large town of Emberville. A cool breeze had been sweeping through the town all week, but the chill that seemed to be settling into their bones seemed colder, deeper.

Crime, small in the town up to now, had seemed to increase exponentially in the last month. For every one that the police thwarted, two more happened in its place. Mysterious happenings were prevalent all the time, now: strange disappearances, bodiless voices, walls painted in blood smears, hideous screams, men in robes. The place seemed to be becoming a real hell on Earth.

In Emberville High, a young boy sat in class, looking out the window. His look was far off, but not in the dreamy, fun way. Quite the contrary, he seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"Joseph? I'm sure the outside world is interesting, but perhaps--"

"'A' over sine alpha is equal to b over sine beta," Joseph said without looking away from the window. "I'm listening, Ms. Wimberly."

"Oh. Um...okay," his teacher said, surprise showing on her features as she awkwardly got back into the lesson.

"Uber-nerd..."

Joseph listened with only half a mind. Well, truth to tell, since this all started, he didn't have to listen with any mind. It was always there, downloading his surroundings. It made things easier, allowed him to his thoughts, but...eh. He never struggled with his studies, it was convenient, but kind of needless. Or was it? He didn't know.

His town was getting worse and he had no idea why. He could feel a...darkness. But it was unfocused, seemingly unfocused, everywhere, but too light to pinpoint. But the evidence was evident. Why is this happening? I stopped the evil from taking root here...

He wished the Council hadn't been "disbanded." Since their silence, he was in the dark about so many things. As Airtasm, he had access to a plethora of supernatural knowledge, but there was so much to sift through, and it might as well have been useless. It was like putting in a search for something vague--so many hits to sift through. He sighed and inclined his head slightly to dodge the spitball Johnson blue at him. Okay, so maybe the enhanced presence had its uses. He heard the douchebag curse under his breath and grinned a bit. His first in days. He wished Serena was here.

Suddenly, the world seemed to slow. He sighed and got to his feet. He knew spirit time when he felt it. There, at the front of the room, an apparition. A little girl. She looked at him sadly, her mouth moving but no sound coming out, then she was gone.

"Joseph? Joseph? Are you okay?"

He sighed again. Spirit time was over. The entire class was looking at him, Ms. Wimberly with concern. He shrugged and headed toward the door. "No, I'm not," he said. "Don't feel well, yadda, yadda, yadda."

He headed out the door...and off campus. School was a joke, and he was getting a feeling.

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 15th May 2017, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Other World. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Other World.

Post by Ink 16th November 2014, 8:34 am

"Bad things?" Scarlet asks. She shrugs and holds her hands up to her sides. "I'm from outta town. I don't know a thing. We were here visiting our grumpy old Grandpa Strange." She holds a hand to her chin for a moment. "Maybe she found one of those cards and used it to go somewhere around here. I'll just look around, some more. I mean, it's not like she just got snatched up by aliens or ghosts or something, right?"
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th November 2014, 12:57 pm

He cringed. This girl...

"Yes, bad things," he repeated. "Kidnappings, violence. I'm surprised your grandfather was willing to let you come out here." Or maybe her parents had put them up to it. Adults could be morons sometimes.

"As for getting a hold of a card, I don't see how," he said with a shrug. "I don't see any lying about." He moved from behind the desk and started heading for the way back. "Well, be seeing ya. Some friends had asked me to meet them here, but are apparently no shows. Think I'll wait in the lobby for a few and then go. Laters."

He walked back toward the entrance and turned toward the lobby and sat down. He'd wait for her to get bored. Or out of sight. Time was kind of important here.

Last edited by Venom on 14th December 2014, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 14th December 2014, 10:31 am

Scarlet pouts. "Hide somewhere. When he makes a move, tail him," Stranger says through the necklace.

"Yeah, yeah," she mumbles, walking off. She leans against the wall just outside of the door, crossing her arms.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th December 2014, 1:00 pm

He waited a minute to see if she would suddenly come back--she seemed the unpredictable spritely type--and after a few minutes breathed a sigh of relief. He wouldn't be surprised if the girl's sister was here, but he couldn't go telling her that and risk having her put her life in danger. He didn't want to have to lead any souls to the hereafter if he could help it.

He stood up and walked in front of the front desk, looking around. "If I was a bunch of evil douchebags using children for nefarious ends, where would I...?" He slapped his forehead. "The basement. Of course. Geez, Jo, you've watched enough damn movies to know that..."

He looked for the staircase and nodded approval. "Evil beware," he said confidently. "I'm coming." He pulled out his newly activated keycard and opened the door to the stairwell, heading down.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 15th December 2014, 6:41 am

"Follow him."

Scarlet peers into the doorway as the boy disappears into the stairwell. When he's gone, she pursues, quietly. "You know, you're really bossy."

"Scarlet, focus."

"Just sayin'."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 21st December 2014, 11:05 pm

Well. This was a revolting development. He's made it to the first basement to find...nothing. "That makes no sense. What's going on here...?"

He looked around grimly. His senses were useless to him--this place was filled to the brim with ethereal energies. He's have to do it the old fashioned way: snooping around.

The basement area was eerily deserted. He didn't like this one bit. He kept expecting something creepy to jump out at any moment. Even knowing that he was fairly protected from the other side, this was no less creepy. He sighed and continued on.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 3:49 am

Scarlet forces open the elevator doors once Jo disappears down the stair. She grabs holds of the ladder and descends. Soon she's on top of the elevator, opening the latch and sneaking into the first basement level. Be on-

"Be on your guard, Scarlet. Yes, mother! Scarlet, now is not the time. You need to- Concentrate. Focus. Yes, I know, mom."

Stranger sighs through the charm. "Just do what you can to figure out what's going on."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2015, 6:53 pm

The entire basement floor was deserted. No customers, no workers, nothing. "Creep factor just jumped up to 100..." As he walked down the hall, he saw a door to another set of stairs set downward. "Hello, nurse! What have we here...?"

As he reached the door, he looked around, still seeing nothing--until he touched the door. Suddenly, he felt a presence behind him. He turned sharply as a hulking man in a suit stood behind him.

"May I help you?" he said in neutral voice.

"Yeah..." Joseph said, eying him cautiously. "A friend of mine is staying here and I was trying to find her, but no one was upstairs, so..."

"I see," the man said, looking him over. "She's probably downstairs. We're holding an event for our guests. I'm sure one extra won't be a problem. Come with me." The man suddenly seized Joseph's arm in a vice grip.

"Hey!" Joseph protested, trying to free his arm. "I can follow without having my hand held."

"I'm sure," the man agreed walking and dragging Joseph with him. "But with such a pure soul, I want to make sure you don't get away for the harvest."

"What?!" Joseph exclaimed. He tried to jerk his arm free, but the man was unnaturally strong. "Let me go!"

"Quit resisting. It's futile." The man didn't even bother to regard him, now, as he walked him toward the elevator.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 7:18 pm

Scarlet wanders for a bit until she hears what sounds like people talking. She hides around a corner and listens. That kid from before is talking to some guy. But the dialogue quickly seems to turn confrontational. Scarlet peaks around the corner, witnessing as the big lug begins dragging Jo off someplace. "I think I've seen enough," Scarlet says to herself, ducking back around the corner.

"Wait, Scar-"

"Krakow!" A violent explosion rattles the halls. V-Girl steps out of the smoke, hands on her hips. "Two seconds, grim! That's how long I'm givin' ya to put him down." Suddenly she's across the room, body checking the guard after snapping his hand from around Jo's arm. "Time's up!" She hovers back over to Jo and tilts her head, sizing him up for a moment. "So, are you... yeah, you're okay. Hold that thought." Then she turns back towards the big lug. "That was a love tap, tiny. Stay down, if ya know what's good for ya."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2015, 7:58 pm

A loud boom fills the halls and Joseph's ears are ringing. "The hell was...?!" In the next instant, he was free and the big guy checked against a wall.

"You're...Scarlet...?" Joseph said, waiting for his head to stop ringing. There was a continuum of souls within her but it was the girl from before. Girl from before...? "What...are you...? I...um...appreciate the help, but I was kinda...getting him to lead me to where the others were..."

"The soul is pure..." came a hissing voice from the man she held.

Suddenly, his flesh tore away and he grew two sizes to reveal an otherworldly creature. It's eyes glowed red and it had two arms, but it's lower body faded away.

"A wraith!" Joseph called. "Look out!"

Before she could react, it struck her, launching her across the room on the opposite side and slamming her into its wall. "Seize them...!"

Joseph cringed as the lights flickered and cut out and several creatures crawled out of the cracks and crevices. Hideous things that looked like giant scorpion-mantises and more wraiths. He hoped she had night vision as it was dark as pitch without that light. Wasn't a problem for him.

"Why does everything have to be so hard...?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 8:17 pm

As Jo thanks her, her ears perk up. "Wait, how do you know my-" WHAM! "Oof!" Skip, skip, slam! V-Girl skids down the floor like a pebble across a pond surface and caves in a wall. She picks herself up as the dust clears, flipping her cape over to the back again and blowing her hair out of her face, revealing glowing yellow eyes. "Okay," Vee says. Her fists emanate with a similar aura and she gets up on one knee before charging forward like a bullet. She plows into the whatever that sucker-punched her then floats back. "And since you can take it." She snaps forward and unleashes a beam of Atomic Vision right into the chump before landing and looking around at al the other horrors. "I think it's a safe bet the missing people are in here, mystery man."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2015, 8:22 pm

His head finally cleared up as he got a look at Scarlet. "Why are you wearing...? Holy crap! You're V-Girl! Aren't you a bit away from--what am I doing? Minions!"

They charged for the pair and Joseph charged a wraith, only for it to send him flying and then to chase after him. "Holy crap!" he exclaimed. "I'm just a boy! I can't go fighting ghosts!" The wraith converged on him triumphantly, the others beelining around the girl for the fleshy boy.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 8:37 pm

Scarlet dashes toward Jo then begins flying literal circles around him, acting as a human barrier, forcing minions to bounce back until they're far enough away that there's a little breathing room. "Waitaminute. I know that tone. That's that 'I'm totally not a superhero' tone I was using for like a month when I got like this! You little sneak!" V-Girl turns around and shoots off another beam of atomic vision to keep the horde at bay. "That's why they're after you, isn't it?! I oughta-!"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2015, 8:41 pm

Joseph sighed. Why were they annoyingly sharp when you didn't need them to be. He looked at her pointedly. "No, actually," he said, correcting her, "I'm pretty sure they're after me cause I'm not currently shooting beams from my eyes or making force fields..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 8:54 pm

Vee stares at Jo for a beat. "What the heck kinda sense does that make?!" She suddenly turns around and lays one out with a punch straight to the... face? Then she floats up and flies straight down, tackling her way through the floor and leaving a hole large enough for descent. "They're not comin' from the cracks in the ceiling, so my guess is the rest of the missing people are that way. But by all means, 'Norman Guy', feel free to go that way," she says, pointing back up towards the lobby.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2015, 9:09 pm

"Nothing doing!" he called back. "I've got a--oof!"

He was tackled by a wraith, slamming into him an banging him around walls before it threw him through the stairwell door, then flew downward with him in tow. The others swarmed the girl, grabbing, clawing at her as they tried to hold her down.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2015, 9:22 pm

Vee gets ready to rush after Jo and the wraith when everyone and their mother decides now is a nice time to dog pile on her. "I do not have time for this!" she growls. From within the mass of limbs, teeth, horns, mandibles, and whatever else these things have there comes a glow. Suddenly V-Girl explodes, quite literally, out from beneath the pile up. "Living bomb. Maybe you'll remember that next time."

With that said, V-Girl bolts into the stairwell, following Jo and the Wraith to a lower level. She turns in the air and blasts her atomic vision up the stairwell to burn out any followers.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2015, 3:10 pm

Stupid, stupid. Maybe he should've transformed, but it had been a good plan and he was stubbornly refusing to let go of it. Unfortunately, the wraith speeding down the long stairwell with him apparently didn't care how battered he was getting down there. It heard the blast from the girl a few floors up, then slammed his head hard against a nearby bannister and he knew no more.

The soul girl would gain on him soon. With the boy no longer struggling, it'd be an easy matter to take him below. He flew down the center of the spiraling staircase with the boy in tow, reaching the bottommost floor. The staircase had long since given way from metal to ancient, craggy stone. The feel of it was ancient and ominous. The wraith flew through the open stonework, letting out a wail as it passed. Two immovable golems suddenly sprang to life, guarding the creature's exit with the boy.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2015, 7:08 pm

==> Role-Plays inactive for three months or more are pruned into the archives. If you wish to continue this role-play in the future, contact a staff member to move it back for you.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum