Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars Align

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stars Align - Page 2 Empty Stars Align

Post by Red 9th November 2014, 4:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Hey, time to wake up over there."

Rivkah looked up from the hand mirror at the man standing across the room from her at an easel. The man nodded at her, pushing up his glasses with paint-covered hands, leaving a drop of red on the bridge of his glasses. "How you feeling?"

Rivkah dropped the mirror on the bed next to her, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees. "...Tired," she said, for lack of a better word. A better word might be... distant? Like the feeling you got after a long time spent daydreaming. "What time is it?"

"Nine," Dylan said, his light brown curls falling down between his glasses and his eyes as he turned back to his painting. He blew up at the hair, trying to get it out without using his hands. "See anything?"

Rivkah shook her head. "Jack shit," she said, blinking hard. "Maybe something, but I don't remember it."

"Don't let it discourage you. Probably we haven't found the right medium for you yet," he said, studying his painting. "It's easy to get lost looking, too."

"I know," she muttered, standing up and stumbling as her legs nearly gave way. She felt way too weak after that.

"I was gonna order pizza soon if you want any," Dylan said, putting down his palette on a table near the easel. "You probably shouldn't go out yet like that,"

"Pizza is awesome," Rivkah said, wandering over towards the window and pulling open the blinds. She stared down from Dylan's window on the fifth floor of his apartment complex to the city below. Clubs were starting to light up already, filling up with college kids drinking and dancing away the weekend. Dylan lived in the heart of the 'college' district of the city, near the university campus - the guys who lived there called it Dinkytown.

She heard the sound of running water as Dylan turned the sink on. "You gonna go out and join them?" he asked.

Rivkah shrugged. "Maybe. Why the hell not."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Stars Align - Page 2 Empty Re: Stars Align

Post by EphPhoenix 10th November 2014, 7:34 pm

"Get back here!"

The men called after her, rounding the corner, leaning over slightly as they tried to run after her. So, of course they started pulling their guns out and shooting.

There weren't a lot of people in that area, but the ones still there began screaming and running.

Teuto looked off toward where the gunshots and screaming were coming from and shrugged. "Not my problem," he said, taking another bite of his burger.

He wondered if that new novel had come out yet and resolved to stop by the bookstore after he left here. Maybe if he was lucky, that one cute girl might be there.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th November 2014, 7:49 pm

Rivkah broke into a sprint as they recovered and started firing, ducking and weaving across the mall and diving behind food stands when she could. What the fuck did that suited doucebag do? Rivkah paused a moment behind a pillar to catch her breath and ran forward again, trying to think of some spell she could use to shake them off her trail. I don't have the materials for heavy casting with me...!

An obnoxious, silver figure caught her eye, sitting down not far away from her and munching on a burger. His hair and that stupid suit... were unmistakable.

Rivkah ran straight at him, showing no signs of slowing down. She was headed on a collision course with him up until the moment she swerved to the side aiming at the empty bench next to him. She stepped up onto the bench and threw herself over the back of it, ducking behind the suited man. "Thanks for the cover, buddy," she said, gripping the back of his bench with one hand as she mentally flipped through the spells she could pull off without any aids.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th November 2014, 8:01 pm

He heard heavy footfalls then saw the figure of a girl leap over the bench. That wouldn't have been so bad if bullets hadn't started flying after. "Really?" he said. "Can't a guy eat a burger in peace? Give a girl a dance and next thing ya know she expects you to be a meat shield..."

He turned and looked to see. "Well. That sucks. I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the mob again so soon..."

He calmly reached into his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a small little book and thumbed it open. "Ah. Here's a good one..." He looked down ruefully at the quarter of a burger he had left to eat and sighed tearfully. "My last good meal for a while..."

He stood up, turned behind him and threw the burger on the ground. He felt their anger and used it as fuel for the spell. "Solve sicut tauri!"

A torrent of wind spread up and there was suddenly a giant, angry bull with glowing red eyes. Smoke poured out of its nostrils as it gazed upon the men wrathfully. With a roar, it charged for them. They stopped in their tracks and began shooting at it, but the bullets just went through it, one of them bouncing off the bench. Ineffectual, the men turned tail and ran.

Teuto turned and began walking away calmly. "Better avoid the mall for a spell..." he commented to himself. "Crazy Rocky Horror rejects and goons abound..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th November 2014, 8:26 pm

Rivkah buried her face in her hand at his spell. "Flashy bastard," she muttered, looking around them to see who might have seen. Most people were hiding, or looking at the mobsters, not the bull, and she let out a sigh. Likely they couldn't see it.

She stood up and turned to leave, and with a sigh realized the nearest exit was in the same direction this ass was going. "What the hell did you do," she snarled, picking up her pace to get out before the cops showed.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th November 2014, 9:39 pm

He laughed. "You brought this to me, crazy lady, not the other way around," he said. "I was just eating a cheeseburger. With sauteed onions and mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and three kinds of cheese." His mouth watered remembering it. "I'll be stuck eating ramen the rest of the month and the one day I could afford to splurge, you had to ruin it."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th November 2014, 11:38 pm

Rivkah swore under her breath, pulling her bag around in front of her and searching for something. That bastard must have planted something on her, but she couldn't find shit in her bag.

"You started the whole mess," she snapped, shoving the mall door open with her shoulder and stepping outside, barefoot, onto the rough pavement. "You and that other bastard. What the hell did you do?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th November 2014, 11:48 pm

"I'll have you know my parents were married when I was born, thank you," he said impishly. "And I came here alone. I had this rockin' curse put on me this morning and I was in the mood for a little DDR. Of course, you can't leave out a good Rocky Horror.

"But leave it to a chick to blame a guy for everything. Don't bring your weird problems to me unless you're a paying customer."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th November 2014, 11:51 pm

Rivkah stepped in front of him and shoved him back. "Cut the shit," she said. "Yesterday you met with a man for business and today that man wanders into my store with his gun-toting friends riding his ass. This problem traces back to you, jackass. What the fuck was that about?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th November 2014, 11:59 pm

He cocked an eyebrow and grinned. "How do you know any of what I do?" he inquired. "Are you stalking me? Huh. My first stalker. Give a girl a dance and..." His grin deepened. "You set the curse. You're a witch. Thanks for that. Morning was a hoot. Lost a customer, but damn, was that a good curse." He patted her arm and stepped around her. "Also, the bauble is in your bag, dig a little deeper. Geez, the magic coming off of that thing, you can't feel it? Must be a savant."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 12:10 am

Rivkah frowned. "The hell do you mean, feel it?" She pawed at the bottom of her bag, finally pulling out a tiny bead. She studied the bauble. She couldn't feel shit off of it. Was he one of those asshole, 'natural talent' types? Doesn't look dark. Wasn't her specialty, might be why she didn't pick it up.

"I regret that you enjoyed my curse so much," she said, rolling the bead between her fingers. "I'll have to do better next time." Her eyes cut to the left, searching for someplace she could drop it where it'd be safe. A dumpster down the alley - she smirked. Be nice to see them rooting through trash. "Clean up your damn trash next time so it doesn't come my way," she said, turning off and tossing the bead into the dumpster.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 12:17 am

"Hey," he said offhandedly, "what idiots do once I get their property--" The bauble suddenly floated in the air as it left her fingers and Teuto froze in his tracks and looked back. "No, that's not me. I advise running, now."

"And I'd advise against that."

A man in a nice suit stepped out of a very expensive car. "Seems I have you to think for my meal ticket today. Thank you, children, but you unfortunately stepped into the adult world and now, I'm afraid that has consequences."

"Hoo boy," Teuto said, "another arrogant jackhole who--yeeeeeeargh!"

A sudden bolt of electricity threw him into the exit doors they'd just exited. "Yeah..." he croaked, smoke coming off of him, "that sucked..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 12:24 am

Rivkah turned with a scowl at the next suited guy. The hell was up with these loser and bad suits?

Drastic times, drastic measures. Rivkah watched as the silver surfer slammed into the doors and started chanting, backing up into the alley until she hit a shadow.

Rivkah reached her hand into the shadow and immediately vanished, gone from outside view. She appeared again just on the far edge of the shadow and sprinted to the next one, disappearing and reappearing near instantaneously as she passed through. Find a quieter place and I can pull out my good curses.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 12:32 am

"Ooh!" the man said with glee. "A black user after my own heart. But children need to be brought to heel for a good upbringing. Densae dolorem," he said calmly.

Rivkah would find black lighting coursing through her and be shot out of the shadows. Teuto blinked in surprise. "Well, shit."

Armed men walked over to Rivkah and picked her up. They only got a few feet before they started retching. The man smiled again. "A protective charm, too? My, you're a credit to your generation. As you wish." He said another spot of Latin and the shadows picked her up and tossed her unceremoniously next to Teuto.

"You should ask if he does frequent flier miles," Teuto said conversationally. "Do you? I mean, it's only fair, after all."

"My dear boy," he said, "I do believe you don't recognize the gravity of your situation."

"Gravity is physics, this is magic."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 12:39 am

Rivkah hit the ground hard and was back up on her feet almost immediately. Poser. Who used Latin for black curses? all the best ones were older... she thought. She hadn't recognized his spells at all.

She felt her phone buzzing in her bag. Dylan maybe. Surely the Coven had noticed the lightning. Then they'll be on their way already. Even she liked the Coven more than this ass.

"Hey I'm not involved," she said. "I just work here, take that asshole." She jerked her thumb over her shoulder at the surfer.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 12:44 am

"Wrong place, wrong time," he said simply. "And, young man, I'm using Latin, currently. Do you want me to start speaking Babylonian?"

"So, like, are you particularly against guns?" Teuto asked the girl now that she was next to him.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 12:47 am

"Why would I be?" she said. Come on. All that black magic and he had to ask? This better be an actual plan.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 12:49 am

"Good," he said, "it would've sucked if you'd have been one of those weird elitist black users." He pulled out a revolver from a holster hidden inside his jacket and held it out for her. "Please hurry, if I hold this spell much longer, he's going to sense it. Just follow my lead."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 10:08 am

Rivkah looked back at the suited bastard quickly, waiting for him to react to the gun, but he was busy in conversation with... a whisp? Something that looked like the silver surfer. Good illusion.

"Hurry and what?" she said, her voice hushed even though she knew the bastard shouldn't be able to hear her. She reached down and took the revolver in her hand - never held a gun before, imagine that. She got into all her shit without needing one.

She held it low and with both hands. He was distracted now, if she got in a lucky shot... "What's your plan genius?" she asked. Like she could get that lucky shot.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 10:22 am

"Trying to figure out his defenses," he said. "He's got some nasty ones and I'm pretty sure if we shot right now those bullets would come out your--but did you know your mother mated with a dog, must be why you have such a nasty case of resting bitch face," he suddenly said as his illusion wore off.

The man blinked. "Really? You think insulting my mother is going to what?" he said bored. "You think me so pedestrian as for that to get a rise out of me? And you're going to, what? Pull some cockamamie spell out and save the day?" He flicked his wrists and Teuto went flying into the wall above the doors, held there. "I came prepared for a witch's duel, boy, while you just came."

"Okay..." Teuto said, "this could get hairy..."

"Shit! Get it off of us! For the love of God!"

They all turned to see the goons from before, still running from the perceived bull. The man made a face and said something in an ancient language. "Really, now? Such a simplistic spell. I'm dealing with amateurs."

"Yes," Teuto agreed, "she is a bit green, but our love will blossom anyway." He gave the girl a sly wink. "You can shoot him, now."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 12:37 pm

Rivkah twitched as his spell first fell, resisting the urge to shoot him then and there. It amazed her that the bastard didn't notice the gun in her hands - cocky bastard, probably, didn't expect any tricks like this. Her phone buzzed in her bag again. Yeah, I'll get back to you Dylan. Assuming he wasn't on his way already.

She had a few moments to consider the implications of shooting this bastard - suppose he died? Hell, even if he didn't die she shot a guy, Coven might not bail her out of such a mundane crime. And who exactly would she be pissing off?

Fuck it, she thought. He tried to shoot me first. Rivkah grinned, raising the pistol in both hands and squeezing off as many shots as she could.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 2:48 pm

"A gun? How munda--"

The bullets impacted him, staggering him backward into his car and he toppled over. Immediately, Teuto pulled out his little booklet and thumbed through it, then began reading something off in an ancient language. The ground rolled up, covering the man's arms, legs, hands, feet, and over his mouth.

"Mundane, yes," Teuto said, getting off the ground where he'd fallen, "but it works. Nice shots for a beginner," he added, taking the gun and holstering it. He began to walk away. "I know at least one Coven member's nearby. Let her handle the cleanup. I'll--"

He leapt to the side suddenly as bolts of shadows shot out at him. He looked back in surprise. "The hell? I have you bolted to the ground!"

"Wasn't alone, genius."

Two other people walked around the car, one male, one female. Teuto rolled his eyes. "Y'all are taking the 'trouble sires three children' a little too seriously..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 3:33 pm

"Fuck this," Rivkah said, backing up as the two new witches rounded the corner. Her phone had stopped buzzing by now. "Coven better show up for this..." she muttered.

A man on a bike rounded the corner, and upon seeing them he took off like a shot, speeding up towards the commotion rather than away from it like the others. Rivkah would recognize that galaxy print sweater anywhere. "Speak of the devil," she muttered, as Dylan crouched on his bike and rode right at the shady looking bastards.

He slowed down just enough to hop off his bike, and in one motion Dylan grabbed the bike by the back wheel and the handlebars and threw it at the man and the woman. He yelled something indistinguishable, and as the bike hit the ground it immediately transformed into a lion - a real, flesh and blood lion - and charged the woman.

Dylan slung his backpack off his shoulders and yanked a scroll out of the bag. Dylan caught Rivkah's eye and placed one hand over his ear.

"Cover your ears," Rivkah told the silver surfer as Dylan unfolded the scroll. She reached up both hands and started humming, blocking out Dylan's incantation.

"בואו , הבה תרדוולבלבל את שפתם כדי שהם לא מבינים אחד את השני" Dylan slammed the scroll shut, with seemingly no effect.

The man threw out his hands and opened his mouth to speak, his words coming out in Spanish rather than whatever magical language he intended. The woman shrieked a Finnish curse as the lion threw her to the ground, and continued babbling on in Finnish to no effect.

Dylan moved to Rivkah's side quickly. "You alright?" he asked, looking behind her as a woman in a purple skirt threw open the doors of the mall and stormed outside, looking pissed.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 4:16 pm

Teuto didn't need telling twice, chanting a quick spell to protect his ears. He wasn't impressed. He rolled his eyes. "Standard Coven protocol," he grumbled under his breath as he watched their spells falter, "any twit could do that."

He yawned when Katie burst through the exit doors. "G*ddamn you just love making work for me!"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, turning to walk away, "last words, freak."

A vein in her temple throbbed and her pupils vanished. Teuto stopped as suddenly a dark bolt of energy nearly missed him. He turned to see the first guy had been freed and was diving into his car. Shadows converged and threw the lion off of his cohorts, then swallowed them and they appeared in the car. Katie's pupil-less eyes gazed in the car's direction.

"Oh no you don't..." she growled. Teuto cringed. She spoke words in a long dead language and the car transformed around them, turning into a golem and holding them. The first man grinned.

"Sorry, chums," he said jovially, "I don't do jail time." He spoke a word and the shadows engulfed him and he was gone.

"Seems you got the matter in hand," Teuto said, turning again to leave.

Katie spoke again and the light pole in front of him turned into a sword and sliced into the ground in front of him. He made a face and turned around, giving her his best shit-eating grin. "Do you really want to be so flashy out in public like this?"

"Don't play coy, asshole," she said. "You know good and damn well I wasn't here sooner because I was establishing a perimeter." He sighed. He did know. "Now, what the hell is going on?"

EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th November 2014, 4:46 pm

Dylan sighed as his lion was thrown off the mob witches, and he knelt down on the ground, whistling. The lion trotted over, ever so obedient, and when Dylan reached out for its face it turned back into his bike, old a little battered but still reliable.

"You couldn't text me back during your break?" he said, sounding exhausted. Rivkah frowned, reaching into her bag for her phone. 20 new message, 3 missed calls. She started to scroll through them - they started just after noon.

"Sorry, I really was busy," Rivkah said, as Dylan rolled back up the enormous scroll - a Torah. Most of his curses he did through Hebrew, and the text had more than a little power of its own. Dylan pulled out another long sheet of paper with colors splattered all over it. One of his paintings. Dylan divined through painting, and while this one was a confusing, chaotic mess she was able to pick out herself holding a revolver alongside the silver surfer.

The painting was fiercely blood red, interchanging with black and other dark accents. "That's grim."

"Yeah. I was worried. But it looks like this place is under control." He studied the painting, his brow furrowed as he looked for landmarks, something to prove the stand off here was what the painting was referencing. Dylan flinched and looked up as the woman asked what the hell was going on, rolling up his painting.

"Great question, ass," Rivkah added, glaring over at the silver surfer.

Last edited by Red on 4th January 2015, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th November 2014, 4:58 pm

"Well, there I was," he began dramatically, "eating this most delicious cheeseburger--you should remember, you were there whining because of the curse I had been under affecting all the mall rats--when this crazy girl comes along trying to use me as a meat shield. I mean, you dance with them one time and suddenly they think they've got rights to you."

Katie raised her eyebrow. "I've seen you dancing," she said flatly, "certain cultures would have you exchanging vows for your moves."

"Hey! I haven't used those in years! ...er, months." He turned around--and found the sword at his throat. "Chillax, dude. Ask the girl."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top