Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars Align

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stars Align - Page 13 Empty Stars Align

Post by Red 9th November 2014, 4:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Hey, time to wake up over there."

Rivkah looked up from the hand mirror at the man standing across the room from her at an easel. The man nodded at her, pushing up his glasses with paint-covered hands, leaving a drop of red on the bridge of his glasses. "How you feeling?"

Rivkah dropped the mirror on the bed next to her, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees. "...Tired," she said, for lack of a better word. A better word might be... distant? Like the feeling you got after a long time spent daydreaming. "What time is it?"

"Nine," Dylan said, his light brown curls falling down between his glasses and his eyes as he turned back to his painting. He blew up at the hair, trying to get it out without using his hands. "See anything?"

Rivkah shook her head. "Jack shit," she said, blinking hard. "Maybe something, but I don't remember it."

"Don't let it discourage you. Probably we haven't found the right medium for you yet," he said, studying his painting. "It's easy to get lost looking, too."

"I know," she muttered, standing up and stumbling as her legs nearly gave way. She felt way too weak after that.

"I was gonna order pizza soon if you want any," Dylan said, putting down his palette on a table near the easel. "You probably shouldn't go out yet like that,"

"Pizza is awesome," Rivkah said, wandering over towards the window and pulling open the blinds. She stared down from Dylan's window on the fifth floor of his apartment complex to the city below. Clubs were starting to light up already, filling up with college kids drinking and dancing away the weekend. Dylan lived in the heart of the 'college' district of the city, near the university campus - the guys who lived there called it Dinkytown.

She heard the sound of running water as Dylan turned the sink on. "You gonna go out and join them?" he asked.

Rivkah shrugged. "Maybe. Why the hell not."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Stars Align - Page 13 Empty Re: Stars Align

Post by Red 3rd April 2015, 7:51 pm

A teenage boy strode up into the parking lot where the thugs were parked. He had copper skin and black hair, and a self-satisfied smile stretched across his face.

He found the car the thugs were waiting in and tapped on the passenger side window. The guy inside jumped at looked at him, waving his hand. Scram, the gesture said.

The boy reached down for the door handle and casually tore the door off it's hinges.

"What the fu - "

They grabbed their guns and open fired, but the boy was already gone. "Get us the fuck out of here!" one of them said, and the driver started the engine and slammed on the gas, and the car went tearing out of the parking lot.

Metal screeched as the metal at the top of the car twisted and was pulled off, the boy holding on tight to the roof of the car. "This is new!" he said, cheerfully surprised.

"Shoot him!"

The thugs pointed their guns at the roof, but before they could fire the boy slithered inside the car and landed in the back seat. They trained their guns on him and fired, several bullets striking home before the boy reached to both sides and grabbed them by the necks.

"That hurt!" he said, surprised, as he snapped their necks and dropped them. The car careened as the driver and the guard in shotgun looked back - just as the boy thrust both arms forward again and grabbed them by the face. The boy grimaced and slammed their heads into each other, hard enough that it made a sickening crack, and with that the car was lost for good.

It careened off the road and slammed hard into a tree. As the airbags went off, a shadow slithered out of the roof and traveled back to a nearby building.

The shadow reformed into the boy, holding onto one of the guns the thugs had.

"You said this would be neat, Malaethanalot," Rivkah snapped as he reappeared. The demon noticeably cringed as she said the name.

"I know damn well what I said," he snapped, "but this place isn't anything like I remember." He held the gun up to his nose and inhaled. "Enchanted," he said, disgusted. "I smelled it on the metal box they were in, but missed it on..."

"The guns," she said, as he struggled for the word.

"Yes," he said. "So you'll forgive me, ma'am, if things got a little messy." His face brightened. "Either way, in my professional opinion, I recommend an immediate dismissal. Clearly I am not the demon for this job, and injured besides - "

"I will dismiss you when I no longer need you," Rivkah snapped, and his face turned dark.

"Of course, my lady," he said, a sneer on his face. "And what shall we do next?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 2nd May 2015, 11:51 pm

Hair groomed, weapons, potions, charms loaded, suited up, and ready for action. He looked himself in the mirror, grimaced, then mussed up his hair. He grinned. "Sooooooo much better."

He locked the door behind him and headed out. Next stop, the suburbs!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th May 2015, 1:07 am

Rivkah popped out of a shadow on top of her apartment complex, crouching low. The building was tall enough that she had a good vantage on anyone else looking for her.

The demon popped up next to her, a few seconds after. "Can't keep up?" she said shortly, glancing behind her. The demon had a hand pressed over its side. It's head turned to meet her gaze, and unblinking, it pulled its hand slowly away from its side. Black liquid the consistency of tar stretched out on it's fingers, pulled away from its side.

"Forgive me if I'm a bit slow today," it hissed back at her.

Was that was demon blood looked like? She'd read a number of nasty curses calling for it... Focus, stay focused. Rage boiled up in her, pushing away her doubts. First, this place. "Malaethanalot," she said. "I order you to clear a perimeter. Incapacitate any hostile forces you encounter within a half mile radius. Hostiles will - "

"The fuck is a mile?"

He wasn't kidding when he said it had been a while. "Fine. Within the distance to..." She squinted. "That building over there."

"That's a mile?"

"No it's - Malaethanalot, shut up," she snapped, and he stopped mid-sentence, his mouth snapping shut as a snarl spread across his face. "Hostiles will be armed with enchanted weapons much like you have already encountered. Go."

His snarl turned to a grin, and he gave a mocking bow before he vanished into a shadow. Rivkah rubbed her eyes, looking down at the roof beneath her feet. She needed to... hell, what did she need to do? Were the protections set by the Coven still up on the apartment?
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2015, 6:11 pm

Rivkah would suddenly feel a hand rubbing her butt. The young boy from before was standing next to her. "I was hoping you'd pay your 'friend' a visit. Alas, he'll be crossing paths with your demon in a minute. Armed to the teeth. You might want to think about that..."

Teuto looked down at his right hand as it grew cold. Runes began appearing on it, colors highlighted in one area of it. Immediately, he pulled out a small cross with intricate runes carved along its entirety. He spoke in ancient Hebrew and it grew to a size of four feet. He held it by the intersection and began to look around.

"Fool me once, assholes, and all that..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th May 2015, 10:52 pm

Rivkah turned as she felt a hand on her ass, slapping it away and raising her fist - to see the boy from before. Son of a bitch. Her friend - he mean the Silver Surfer? "Glad I didn't then," she said. "Besides, he's not a friend."

She thought back to how he dealt with the last demon he encountered. Shit. I have to recall him, fast. "Thanks for the heads up," she said, pulling a candle from her bag. "But feel free to leave."

Nothing moved near Teuto except a stray cat hiding in the shadows, watching the witch with glassy eyes.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2015, 11:31 pm

The runes on his hand grew hot an pointed to a shadowed alleyway. Teuto smiled. "I think I preferred last night's demon that toyed with me to my face." He hefted the cross up, it's long end pointing into the shadows. "Religious Nagasaki, biyatch!" he decried cheerfully.

The end of the cross charged and glowed with crackling holy energy. A blast as wide around as his head discharged into the alleyway, resulting in a powerful, holy blast that sent everything in it flying.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th May 2015, 11:51 pm

When the blast cleared, the cat was gone. "Seven hells," a voice said, and muttered something in another language. The copper-skinned boy had made his way behind Teuto, leaning on a wall with one hand pressed over his side. "You stink like an ass. What're you doing dragging around toys like those?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2015, 1:45 am

He felt the runes shift, then heard the voice. He leapt forward and away from it, the cross now a holy sword glowing with power. "Says ol' sulfur and brimstone," Teuto said cheerfully. "Hang on. You're a low-level demon. And bound." Doesn't make it any less dangerous. "And injured." That only increased the danger. He put a hand to his chest and chanted, the cross underneath his shirt pressed to his skin glowed, shining visibly behind his shirt as it cast a protective barrier around him. "You've two options: go back to your master, or...[have your essence bound, Lesser.]"

"Nope," the boy said cheerfully, chuckling when she slapped his hand away, "I have my own reasons for being here. And I would hurry if you're planning on recalling him. I sense a looot of holy energy coming from that way." He clapped his hands together gleefully. "They've found each other!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th May 2015, 1:57 am

"Son of a bitch," Rivkah said, lighting the candle and stepping back, starting to hastily draw a circle around it.

The demon's eyes narrowed to black slits. "[Is that what they're teaching the kids these days?]" he replied, in a similar language. "[Well. Consider me threatened. But I'm guessing you know how this works. I have orders.]" He spat on the ground at his feet. "[I cannot return until they are fulfilled, unless I am told otherwise. Look, I just want to finish this job and go home, so if you back up... twenty paces and stay there til I leave we can both move on with our lives.]"

Last edited by Red on 20th May 2015, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2015, 2:07 am

"[Impressive,]" Teuto commented, "[you must be fairly old. Your dialect is almost similar. Wait...]" He paused to think of the demon's words. "[You have a range? You're not specifically set to kill me unless I'm in this area? What were your orders specifically...?]" You couldn't tell lies in this language, but demons were the O.G.'s of word twisting. "[Tell me plain, Brimstone. Save ourselves a lot of pain and suffering...]"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th May 2015, 2:20 am

The demon closed its eyes with a small smile. "I order you to clear a perimeter," it said, but it's voice came out higher and more feminine. "Blah blah... Hostiles will be armed with enchanted weapons much like you have already encountered." It opened it's eyes and it's mouth spread into a broad grin. "[So if you just wait for me to finish, you can stop by after and get rid of my boss for me, eh?]"

It's form seemed to glitch, and the demon looked up. "[Well what do you know,]" it said, and it winked at Teuto as it's form started to dissolve and disappear upwards.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2015, 7:21 am

"[There's been others around here with these...?]" he began, holding up his cross sword and pointing to shield around him. At that moment, however, the creature faded from existence. He was being recalled.

"Okaaaaaay..." Teuto said, shrinking down the cross and dispelling his shield as the runes on his hand grew black and began to fade. "Female voice, demon was obviously irritated with her--more than they normally are for being summoned--who do I know...?"

He cast about and climbed a nearby fire escape and got to the roof. He chanted a spell and his eyes flashed. Off in the distance he saw striations of various magical energies--there's been a fight. One spot, however, lit up like a beacon. Magical being.

"I should've known..." Teuto said as he landed on the roof a few minutes later. "Demon summoning? Really? After last night? Eh. Whatevs. Your soul and eternal damnation are your own business, I came here to see..." He blinked, then laughed. "You do realize that there are few shoutokons in the world, riiiiight? And I've always gotten the impression she likes them wild and tatted."

The boy was grinning like a Cheshire as he rubbed his cheek against her hip. He stopped as he pondered. "I'm sure I could do that. Bout time you got here, Mathias, or whatever the hell you're calling yourself these days. You know how annoyingly difficult that makes you to track?"

Teuto beamed and chuckled. "That was kinda the point!" he said cheerfully.

The boy peered at him. "Your aunt's suits," he said. "That explains much." He began walking toward Teuto, and as he did, mists circled around him until halfway to Teuto, the boy had disappeared, replaced by a striking young man with the same silver hair and violet eyes in the same dress shirt and kilt, appropriately sized. When he spoke, it was of a man's deep timbre with a Scottish accent. "You're heading down dark roads, my friend. Can't you let it go...?"

"You know the answer to that," Teuto said simply.

The young man sighed. "So be it. I'm not here to divert your course, but to bring you tidings for you and your lady friend here."

"While I'm sweet on her, I don't think she considers me a friend," Teuto corrected. "More like a fly she'd like to swat. With a death ray."

The young man laughed. "My, but you do have that effect!"

Teuto laughed with him. "Don't I know it!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th May 2015, 1:34 pm

Damn him for working so fast. In the time it took for her to pry what had happened when the demon encountered Teuto out of him, he'd already showed up on her building. And the boy refused to move as well - like hell was she leaving that thing to its own business. So long as he was sexually assaulting her, he wasn't getting any closer to finding Teuto - so she thought.

Rivkah swatted the boy away from her side when he rubbed his cheek on her hips, disgusted. She hadn't expected them to be so friendly with each other - she kind of had been expecting more of the same bullshit as last night. I'm getting real tired of playing second fiddle to this asshole.

The two didn't seem to be paying attention to her, so busy were they gossiping about her. She was getting tired of that too. "Malaethanalot," she said softly, not wanting Teuto to hear its name. "I order you to follow me." God forbid I get between the Silver Surfer and his lover.

"But I'm finally enjoying myself," it said loudly from where it sat, cross-legged and with its head in its hand, watching the two of them with some interest.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2015, 5:23 pm

Teuto sighed. "She's right," he said with a grin. "Jailbait." He grinned. "Rivkah. You are talking to Seamus the Immortal."

"Do we really have to be doing the title?" Seamus said ruefully.

"You used my actual name," he said shortly, though still cheerfully. "In front of a demon. Lesser, he may be, but a demon nonetheless."

"You know he didn't hear it," Seamus said. "You know he's only seeing me because I'm allowing him to."

"Fair enough." Teuto said. "Anyway, Riv, his shoutokon fantasies aside, he holds...considerable influence...among the Sidhe and is charged with certain responsibilities--I'd go into them, but as you've noticed, he's pretty full of himself already!" He laughed.

"Hey! Hey!" Seamus protested. "Don't cockblock!"

He looked to Rivkah. "Has he rubbed your ass looking like a 12 year old?" when she nodded he gave the man a pointed look. Seamus gave an innocent, yet shiteating, grin. "You cockblocked yourself."

"Can you blame me, though? Lookat her."

Teuto grinned. "I've already seen and if I did it, now, I'm pretty sure I'd have to start casting counterspells again. Besides, that's no excuse. She's not some tavern wench from the middle ages. And didn't one of them break a chair over your head for--"

"How about we get to brass tacks?" Seamus cut in. "The boy reads too damn much..." He grumbled under his breath.

"Basically, ignore him when he's being a perv, but listen when he warns," he told Rivkah. "Also, you owe me a magical ritual. Your imp, there, made me waste two charges of my weaponry."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th May 2015, 6:49 pm

She nearly twitched as he used her real name, trying to suppress her anger as the demon's head swiveled to study her. That jackass. He fucking wanted her dead, didn't he? She could only hope the demon thought it was fake, it was a weird enough name. But at least now she knew Teuto's.

"I don't owe you shit," she said, standing up. "Big guy like you doesn't need anything from me anyway. You, spill," she said to Seamus, "so we can go the fuck home."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2015, 8:32 pm

"Oh contrair, ma soeur!" Teuto said cheerfully. "These holy spells have a buildup, otherwise you're stuck with it's slow recharge time. You sicked a demon on me, I wasted spells. Owe. me."

"Geez, you're harsh, man," Seamus said. "What happened to chivalry?"

"She'd punch it in the dick?" Teuto said, doubling over laughing.

"So, lass," Seamus said, addressing Riv, "I'm glad to see the headhunter didn't track you." Teuto's laughter cut off abruptly.

"Headhunter?" he said cheerfully, but it sounded forced. There was a sudden tenseness in his entire manner. "What headhunter?"

"Oh, that's right, you wouldn't know," Seamus said. "I had thought you two close from what I saw in the waters, but maybe that hasn't happened yet? Yeah, the lass and I had a run in with a few blokes at the mall. They were trying to steer her toward a headhunter and--Mathias! I will call your full name and not block it from that demon like I've been blocking both your names!"

Teuto hadn't realized his feet had carried him to the other side of the roof in the direction of the mall. His entire body quivered as his hands gripped the edges of the roof, his knuckles white. Wrath coursed through his veins. "Oh, don't mind me!" he said with that same forced cheerfulness. "Just getting some fresh air!"

"Do you want to go putting yourself back on their radar, boyo?" Seamus said disapprovingly. He did. If he lived through it all, he'd find and kill them all... "Saints alive! How many innocents would be caught in the crossfire of that war? Think it through!"

Controlling his breathing, maintaining his demeanor, was almost at a limit. He thought it through. And didn't care. Every last one of them would die. Every. last. one. He was already going to hell, may as well make sure he fit in. A vision of his aunt passed through and he felt shame, but not enough to stop him. In the long run, at least. For now, he had a job to do.

"So what's this message, old friend?" he said, laying on the cheerfulness extra thick. "Hurry. Assholes to expose, conspiracies to uncover, that sort of thing."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th May 2015, 8:58 pm

Malaethanalot gave a low whistle. "I hope you don't expect me to duke it out with your pursuers when they have pets like that," he said casually to Rivkah.

"Malaethanalot, shut up." The demon scowled, falling silent as she narrowed her eyes. Good news there that the demon didn't hear her name - but Teuto's behavior confused her. One might think he actually gave a damn. Rivkah chuckled.

"Yes, get on with it!" she said, waving a hand.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd May 2015, 11:11 am

Seamus sighed. "You two are no fun..."

He clapped his hands briskly. "I've seen you in the waters. Both of you. Fearful portents build in your worlds. Alone, you will be swallowed by its tide. But together, there is a chance. Not a large chance, but a chance." He pointed to Teuto. "You, Mathias, I fear for the most. Such darkness swirls around you and you engage it willingly. I know love and loyalty guide your hand, but if you don't find temperance, you will lose to the wrath that builds inside of you, and you will be theirs."

"D'awwww! I didn't know you cared!" Teuto said with a laugh.

Seamus' eyes glowed with anger. "You think me a jest Mathias Le--"

"Woah! Woah!" Teuto cut in. "Calm down! Unless you're not letting the girl hear the rest." These ancient types could have no sense of humor at the oddest of places.

"You make enemies of the highest order and you think these actions won't ripple and touch others?" Teuto had already taken that into account, actually. It was why he'd pushed everyone away. "In your darkest hour, remember the red thread that connects us all." Whatever the fuck that meant.

"You, demon dabbler," Seamus said, "already you have made yourself known. Keep to thine own self true and tread carefully down your dark path, or you will lose your soul and take all that you care about with you." Teuto sighed with relief. She didn't give a damn about him, he was safe there.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 23rd May 2015, 2:55 pm

Rivkah feigned disinterest as Seamus spoke to Teuto. It seemed the immortal thought him dangerous as well - though she had some vague insight into his motives at least. Fuck his good intentions. From what little she had seen, he was not someone she wanted to see turning on them. He needed more watching.

She raised an eyebrow as Seamus turned to her. His words were familiar to her - she had heard about what happened to those who played with demons, of course - but it bothered her that she was drawing attention. Hopefully that would end once these fucks currently causing her problems were gone.

"Yeah see here's the part I'm stuck on," she said. "Blah blah, we're both doomed and so on, but I'm less doomed with that fuck?" She pointed at Teuto.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 26th May 2015, 10:35 pm

"Yeah, what she said!" Teuto said cheerfully. "We move in different circles."

Seamus rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "I'm dealing with bampots..." he groaned. He turned and began walking away. "Fine by me, you stubborn wallapers. A bloke tries to give a helping hand and they always want to be foolish about it. I came to you lot, remember that. You'll be crying for my advice soon enough once the world around ye is crumbling to dust." As he made it to the end of the roof, he faded away. Teuto wished he could duplicate that trick.

Teuto leapt into the air and was riding a feather. "You still owe me for the holy spell usage!" he called as he surfed away.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 26th May 2015, 11:39 pm

Rivkah rolled her eyes as he flew off, watching him go with her head in one hand.

"Far be it for me to question your esteemed judgement, but that wasn't wise."

She turned to look at the demon behind her. It was laying on its back, staring up into the sky. "I can't work with that man," she said shortly. Her plan was to keep an eye on him, but just being near him pissed her off. It was exhausting.

"You won't," it said. "Because you're an idiot. No matter your feelings about him, that man is far more potent than most sorcerers. He would serve you better in your current agenda than I."

"Perhaps," she said, "but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's... you heard the immortal."

"So you listen to the immortal when he agrees with you?" the demon said, amused. "But yes, he knows a language he ought not, unless things really have changed since my time. Certainly he's dangerous and untrustworthy. But then, you summoned me."

It raised a finger as if realizing something. "Ah, but you use me because you have the illusion of control."

Rivkah scowled. "There are no illusions about it-" It cut her off laughing. The demon sat up, looking at her with amused eyes.

"You are a novice. A child. What control do you have? Do you know what I did while creating your perimeter?" It grinned slowly as she blinked, uncertain. "Was I just doing the job you assigned, or did I perhaps make arrangements with your enemies to destroy you once you left your safe little haven?"

"...I would have heard," she said. "From the immortal."

The demon shrugged. "So maybe you're safe this time. I'm sure you know not to take advice from a demon, but it's common sense to live with the enemy you know over the one you don't." It smiled. "At the very least you will be ready when you sorcerer friend betrays you."

It spread its hands. "Dismiss me and use him instead. I'm sure you could find some way to convince him you're worth the while," it said, with a lewd smile.

Rivkah scowled. "As if." It only grinned. Rivkah gave a tsk and stood up, walking away from the demon and staring out where Teuto had flown off to. "...Malaethanalot."

"Yes?"

"Track down the witch who is friends with Seamus the immortal. Lead me to him."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th June 2015, 11:29 pm

He had been quick to put some distance from them all, eager to be back on his job. Fearful portents, huh? Swallowing unless they worked together? Pshaw! He'd given her her chance, she had spat on it. Actually, she'd beaten the living hell out of him. Same diff.

And the fearful portents of the world could compound and suck each other off, for all that he cared. He had one job, one last big job, and then he was done. More than likely permanently. You didn't fuck with primal forces and expect to get away with it. He grinned as he made the feather land. Didn't mean he wouldn't try, though.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th June 2015, 1:20 am

Was it just her, or had the demon slowed down from when she first contacted it? It led the way, sniffing the air like a dog and occasionally taking off into a shadow, and she'd follow its trail and pop out next to it a block or two over. It kept its hand on its side - was its injury getting to it? Damn thing is gonna really be useless to me soon. At least if she had to it could be used as cannon fodder.

"You're lucky your friend is so pungent," the demon said, its lip curling as it sniffed. "But it will be a long time before we catch him. He flew quite a ways ahead."

All the mischief in its demeanor seemed absent too - and it put her on edge. It seemed more willing to do its job than ever before. Rivkah never explicitly said she would dismiss it when they found Teuto, but she got the feeling nothing good would happen if she refused to do so...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th July 2015, 11:44 pm

The suburbs. If ever a place was indicative of hell, it was this place. Row after unending row of manicured lawns and houses that all looked the same, cars that looked the same, same "pedigree" dogs...God! It was horrible! All of them following the same stupid routine day in and day out. He shuddered. Best to be about his business here and get the hell out. Luckily for him, his suit didn't make him stand out.

His thoughts came unbidden back to that psycho. She was summoning demons, now? Great. Dumbass was gonna get herself killed. Why did he even care. "I don't," he said aloud to no one in particular. His reflection showed in a car. He gave it his best shit eating grin. "I don't!" he reaffirmed cheerfully.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th July 2015, 1:43 am

They arrived in the suburbs - annoying enough, there were less shadows here and less dark alleys to sneak around here. They walked forward along the sidewalk a short ways until the demon stopped short.

"He's ahead," the demon said. It pointed. "That way. If you run you'll catch up."

"Okay...?"

"Dismiss me," it said, turning to look at her.

Ah. Of course. Rivkah blinked, glancing down at the demon's hand on it's gut. He was probably drawing the attention of all the housewives in this damn neighborhood... "Are you deaf?" it said, interrupting her thoughts with what was very nearly an actual growl. "Dismiss me. I have tracked down your disgusting daddy. Send me home."

Keeping it while it's injured isn't worth it anyway, she thought, suppressing the twinge of unease she felt looking into the demon's eyes. "Do I need to go over all the ways I could end your life right now?" it snapped. "Your wizard gets farther by the moment."

"Yes, of course, but not here," she said, looking around quickly. There really was no place to hide in the suburbs - there was a sort of big tree in one person's yard, and the house didn't have any cars in front of it so hopefully no one was home. She ducked under the shade of the tree, the demon unsettlingly close behind her, and turned to face it, rummaging in her bag for her knife. She slit her thumb open and quickly drew a circle around the demon. He said he was going home, but she wasn't dumb enough to take his word for it.

"Demon, I release you from your service," she said, and the words had barely left her mouth when the demon grinned - and vanished.

Rivkah let out a sigh - with the circle containing it, the only place it could go was 'home'. She rubbed her eyes with her hand, wincing as she got blood in one eye. Next time I do that I'm getting a lawyer to write the contract.

She turned, blinking blood out of her eye and taking off running down the sidewalk in the direction the demon pointed her. She hesitated in her run - it'd be just like the demon to send her to, say, the headhunter and not Teuto as one last act of revenge. But she'd included a clause on lies in their temporary contract - it had to be telling the truth. Right?
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top