Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FTL - Page 2 Empty FTL

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2015, 3:11 am

First topic message reminder :

"Die, you crajankas!"

Energy fire shot through the air in multicolored streams as the two local gangs blasted up four entire city blocks. Their feuding had been building up for a while, and when one of their leaders turned up dead, each blamed the other, until finally it escalated into full on war. The local authorities were no match for their firepower. All attempts to quell their fury had met with serious casualties.

As the area around them was reduced to slag, the air rippled and seemed to twist. Suddenly, a cloaked young woman was standing in the midst of their battle. Her cloak shimmered and twisted, stars and galaxies seemed to glow, move, and pulse within it.

"Maaaaaaan!" the girl exclaimed, stretching. "That was the longest 20 microseconds ever!"

"Who's that byana!"

"Is she with them?!"

The girl looked curiously around. "Byana...?" Her eyes glowed varigated colors. "Hey! That's rude!" she exclaimed. "Calling someone a bitch?! Have some respect!"

"Kill her!"

Blasts of energy shot at her--and went through her cloak and out the other side as if she wasn't there, slagging a wall opposite her. "Hey!" she growled. She looked around at them. "What? Did I come to a war planet? Sheesh! It's clear that you don't have any manners! I'll just have to teach you..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

FTL - Page 2 Empty Re: FTL

Post by Ink 7th May 2015, 2:16 am

Piper arches an eyebrow. "Pick your tongue off the floor, luv," she says before he goes on about the ship. "Your mother? In there? You must really hate your mum, then." She pauses. "Come to think of it, mum's probably worried sick right now. I should maybe call her or... or something. Cell service out here's bound to be awful, yeah?" Piper returns her attention to the jalopy of a ship before them. "Oh." She picks up a wrench and turns on her FTL Gear. "Scuse me a tic." Suddenly she's gone in a flash of blue light. Blue streaks appear all round the beat up clunker over the next half minute. When they finally stop, Piper stands by the ship, it looking as good as new. She taps it with the wrench then tosses the wrench aside. "That'll do it. Le'see, here. Gear compatible FTL Drive, new stealth system, defense matrix, that should be everything, right? Wonder how many credits it'd have been to fix it up before. Hm... maybe I should charge."

Piper looks over her should at Sigrid. "What? Oh. Ship's ready. We can get along whenever you're ready, Glowy. You think we should name it?"

Last edited by Ink on 7th May 2015, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th May 2015, 1:08 pm

Ch'anil stared in wide-eyed astonishment, mouth hanging open, while Sigrid giggled as Piper went to work. "Look like you're suckin' diesel over there!" she called as she worked at blinding speeds. She nodded, impressed, when the job was done. The thing didn't look like a clunker.

"So you shine shoes, too?" she asked with a grin when she stood away. "Bloody show off!"

Her grin faded when Piper mentioned calling her mother. She looked to the stars, a far way away, beyond even what she could see, and sighed. She shook herself, "Alright, you," she said, effecting to her usual good humor, "let's get this show on the road so you'll owe me a back rub and fealty." She stuck her tongue out at Piper playfully as she headed into the space rig.

"Uh...no charge if you bring that thing back..." Ch'anil said, dumbfounded.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th May 2015, 1:54 pm

"Just your back? Aw. You're no fun, at all, luv," Piper says. She vanishes in another flash and appears inside the ship. "Let's crack on with it, already, yeah? Time's money and I got all the time in the galaxy, so I should be stuffin' my pockets right now! Or... you know... puttin' funds into my credit key, I guess. Not sure how far money from the one bloke is gonna take us on some other world where the people all look like green jellyfish or whatever. Just come on!" Piper takes the pilot seat.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th May 2015, 1:10 am

Sigrid blinked, then grinned, following Piper into the ship. She wasn't exactly sure how to respond, so she just shrugged and went with it.

The journey went smoothly. Once they left orbit, they activated the beacon. From there, it was a simple matter of speeding toward it. As they rode, Sigrid had a thought.

"I hope this ship is big enough to hold this ship," she said musing. "Although I suppose I could tow it if it came to it..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 10th May 2015, 1:46 am

"Oh that's right easy, yeah? Once I get on board I can rig up DEXTER to let me remote pilot the rig back all safe and sound. Just a little hack here, a bypass there, a password or two I shouldn't know, and right as rain, we'll have the ship back to the bloke who's payin' us. He better be payin' us. I don't take IOU's. Probably should've asked for half the money up front now that I think about it. Bugger." Piper sits back, DEXTER guiding the ship on autopilot. "All right, Dexter, holler real loud when we reach out Point B."

"Very well, Miss Dugan," the simulated intelligence responds. The ship suddenly drops out of FTL. "We have arrived."

Piper opens one eye. "What kind of holler was that?" She looks ahead, through the window. "Well, that took forever. We left a whole five minutes ago. All right, Glowy, let's get to business." Piper hops up, arming herself with her hand cannons and strapping on her FTL Gear. "Don't scratch the paint, Dexter."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2015, 6:13 pm

The ship was moving, albeit slowly, in tow by another ship. Thankfully, it hadn't spotted their ship as Piper had come in cautiously. Sigrid looked to her new ally.

"How do you want to play this?" she said. "Your style seems like you'd like to just pilfer it right from under their noses." She grinned. "Or would you prefer to just take out the pirates?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2015, 7:09 pm

==> Role-Plays inactive for three months or more are pruned into the archives. If you wish to continue this role-play in the future, contact a staff member to move it back for you.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top