Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cubing Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cubing Events Empty Cubing Events

Post by JerriLeah7 13th July 2015, 8:55 pm

2015-07-13
Online Skype Event
Leah7 -- @HikariKuragari -- @Red -- @xenolion -- @KILL JOY

Last edited by Leah7 on 13th July 2015, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Cubing Events Empty Re: Cubing Events

Post by JerriLeah7 13th July 2015, 10:08 pm

Imagine a desert. (I’m imagining something similar to the Uncharted desert.)

Think of a cube and describe it:
It’s spinning in the air, slowly, about five feet from the ground. Most sides are blue, but there is one yellow side and one red side and one green side; it looks like a crappy ps1 graphically made cube. I can even see gaps in the edges where the graphics fail when the cube moves. It’s hollow (you can’t see the inside of it, though) and does not interfere with its environment and cannot be affected by its environment. You can’t touch it, you’d just go through it as if it were a ghost—it’s as if it’s not really there, or like some hologram. I’d say that one side of it probably about 3 feet by 3 feet in size and it doesn’t get cold or hot. It turns towards me and downward to the ground. It’s not breakable.

Think of a ladder and describe it:
It’s a metal ladder that looks white-silver? It has holes in the side between where the rungs meet and it can extend out longer if you want. There is no opposing side to make a “v” shape that helps it stand—it has to be leaning against a structure in order to stand against it. It could be laid across a rift and used as a step ladder, but the rungs aren’t very thick so that would still make me very nervous. It probably has about 15 rungs without the extension and when it’s slid out to its full length, it will have 20. It has an orange sticker on it near the top on the right side. All of the rungs are the same and are steady. It’s sort of also floating in the air above the sand, tilted at a diagonal angle, unmoving. (45 angle around) It’s just next to the cube (to the right of it about ten feet away), but neither are touching and as the cube moves the ladder is just completely still in comparison. The ladder in the desert reflects the sun and is shiny. I’ve never used this ladder and it is cool to the touch.

Think of a horse and describe it:

The horse is standing there in the desert being quiet and looking bored. It’s in front of the cube, between my point of view of the cube and the cube itself. It’s a dark brown with a very dark brown (almost black) mane that about average length and it isn’t trimmed or groomed. The tail is also similar in this case and is close to the ground. There are tufts of hair at its feet/ankles just above its hooves that are brown at the skin but then fade into a yellow-blonde at the end of its feet. I can hear it breathing and occasionally huffing like horses usually do. It’s tail occasionally swishes, but other than that, it’s pretty still. Brown eyes and no marks, no saddle, but there are horseshoes and it has been ridden and it is domestic, but it’s still wild in “attitude” when it wants to be. It has its own sense of freedom, but is calm and relaxed due to its domestication than the way it used to be. I don’t know what its gender is, but it is very warm from the desert’s heat.

Imagine a plant and describe it:

The plant is on the sand, in a small, blue pot filled with soil as it should be. It’s near the feet of the horse and almost under it. It has strands or vines (about three or four) of leaves overflowing onto the ground, trailing out into the sand and each strand of leaves have portions of it buried by the sand. It’s vibrantly green and healthy looking, it’s been recently watered, and is shines with health in the sunlight. It doesn’t go “up” from where it is growing, really—it’s not a plant of height, but more of one that’s meant to hang from a ceiling as it grows downward and can be moved across furniture or whatever else for decoration. It only comes off the ground in height by about one foot and the leaves that are growing from it are probably about ten feet in length for each “vine” of leaves. There are no flowers.

Imagine a storm and describe it:
This storm is grey, thick clouds just in the distance. I can see the edge where the blue, calm of the sky meets the edge of them and expresses this contrast and watch as that edge slowly moves as the cloud comes closer. I can hear the thunder as it gets closer and it’s raining like crazy and the sand is getting wet and dark colored like it does on the shore at the edge of a beach. It’s moving towards the cube, the horse, the plant, and the ladder. There’s occasional lightning within the clouds, but that’s really all this storm is—a thunder storm. There’s no sand storm or sand movement or shifting and although there is wind, it doesn’t disturb the sand at all. The winds are strong and can definitely be felt by a person all over their body if they were there, and if there were a tree, it would be bowing down to the sands due to the storm and its wind strength. It’s massive and wide and is just slowly coming closer and closer to me, but it isn’t here yet. The rain is hard and big and loud, like a waterfall in the distance, but it’s not that far away—it’s close and will hit the other things in the desert very soon. I can see the edge of wet and dry sand and that contrast is only about a hundred feet away. It’s cools the heat, but it’s not as cool as a normal weather would be since it is in a desert.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th July 2015, 10:11 pm

1. The desert cube is red and entirely solid. It's made of a heavy metal, kind of a smooth, polished iron. It's about a meter cubed in size. The cube is effected by its environment slowly - over the years, the desert storms erode away the metal, making the cube smaller and less smooth until one day it disappears entirely. Its sitting on the ground entirely motionless. The cube is not easily broken by an outside force. It is affected by temperature, growing cold at night and heating up in the desert sun.

2. The ladder very tall - it has around thirty rungs and is probably three meters tall. This ladder is the sort of ladder that has to lean up against something in order to be stable - its just one long length of ladder without any support of its own. The ladder is made of balsa wood, which is a relatively weak kind of wood. The ladder appears to be built sturdily, almost like it's just one piece of wood that was carved out to form this ladder - but in reality, because of the material, you know the ladder can't support your weight. The rungs are very wide and thin, and the surface is kind of smooth but you'll still find splinters in it, like the person who sanded it did a shoddy job about it. The ladder is leaned up against the cube so that it can stand, at about a forty-five degree angle. The top of the ladder extends far past the top of the cube.

The ladder is very much affected by its environment - it will move in the breeze and would break easily under pressure. I have never stood on this ladder myself, since I know it can't support my weight.

3. The horse is kinda shorter and stumpier as far as horses go, and its one of those shaggy kinds of horses, with more hair on its body than other kinds of horses. It doesn't look like it's ever been groomed - in fact, it looks like a wild horse. Its body is brown, but it's mane and tail are kind of a blonder color. It's eyes are brown and big. The horse is standing next to the cube, on the opposite side from the ladder, and it's looking at me. It doesn't look like it's seen a human before, so its a little wary but doesn't really seem to care all that much either, since it probably doesn't know better. It's not moving very much except for its tail and its ears. It also looks really out of place in this desert - its excessive amount of hair is causing it to overheat, and it's sweating and breathing hard as it stands by the cube.

4. The plant is a tiny, baby saguaro cactus. It's only about two inches tall and looks healthy and green, with long spines about an inch long pointing out from the sides of the plant. The cactus is in bloom, with a tiny adorable pink flower on its top. This cactus is sitting in front of the cube, at the front corner closest to the ladder, and its planted in the ground itself.

5. Everything in this desert around the cube is already in the thick of this huge sandstorm. The sandstorm is so thick that you can only just see the cube and everything around it, and the winds are so high that getting struck by the sand might draw blood. The storm is strong enough that staying out in it would be life threatening. The wind is whipping up sand cyclones in parts of the desert, but not where my cube is right now. If you could see outside the sandstorm and up at the sky you would see that the sky is dark with storm clouds. The clouds look full with rain, but no rain has fallen yet - there is only the wind, and lightning flickering inside the clouds themselves.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th July 2015, 10:11 pm

Section 1

I wake in a desert and the first thing I see is a cube. It is not a large one about 4ft in all directions. It was a little difficult to see at first because it seems to melt into the scenery. It appears to have a shimmery surface, like a mirage in the distance almost.

I am hesitant to touch it at first wondering if it would be hot. But it is actually cool to the touch, well cooler at least. Not freezing or anything. My hand slides against its smooth surface there are no ridges. It appears to be a solid cube. I peer over inside and it appears to be mirroring overhead. I see my reflection, but my hand goes inside.

The air on the inside feels heavier than the outside for some reason. The walls on the inside are black, but it is only noticeable when you are right by it. The outside is almost translucent.

Section 2

As I look inside the ladder, I see a ladder hovering above it. It is far enough away that I can't reach it while standing on the ground. I may be able to reach it while standing it. It is a ivory white ladder. It does not have a typical ladder though. Instead of the typical rungs it appears to have circular cut outs. They are about 3 inches round. It appears to be still against the sky and looks to have a bumpy texture. But since I cannot touch it, i don't know. It would not be the safest of ladders as far as holding weight. The ladder is a little long maybe 6ft long.

It is not one that would stand on it own but would need to lean against something. It is floating horizontally in the sky.

Section 3

I am surprised to hear a whinny. I look over and see a horse. This horse is an ash gray color with white areas, not spots but like the hair is faded. There is tufts of red and orange hair at its hooves almost looking like fire. The tail is bushed out, the same colors of the hooves, same with the mane. It is an intimidating horse, however it appears to be calmed. The eyes are pure black and seem to peer into my soul. It stands there as if studying, judging me as if to see if I am good enough for it.

Section 4

On the side of the horse about five feet away is a snake looking plant. It is a deep purple with yellow flowers on it tentacle style vines. It is planted into the ground and not able to move. The tallest of the vines are tall about the height of a basketball hoop. The smaller is about three feet and there are others in between that. In total there are about seven vines sprouting from the ground. They are all individual vines, not coming together or anything, not above ground at least.

Section 5

The wind picks up slightly and in the distance I see some dark clouds. There are flashes of lightening in the clouds. It is far away, but seems to be coming closer. It is not disturbing the sand at all. One can see the clouds drifting to the ground, so there is some moisture to it. The desert seems to be longing for the moisture. I would give it about 15 minutes before the storm hits where my cube is. I can smell the rain in the air as the storm approaches.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th July 2015, 10:13 pm

Walking within a desert covered in sands as far the the eyes could see, an adventurer covered from head to toe to protect herself from the sun was on a quest to find a form of some kind. Rumors were talking about some kind of cube that would appear in a specific time line and those who had said to see it mentioned it was the most beautiful thing they had ever seen.

After months of search, the adventurer finally found the said cube floating over an oasis in the middle of a night. The cube had a crystal like texture and it would mirror the stars and would shine of many color along with reflecting in the water of the oasis. The cube was bigger then the adventurer in fact it was about 10 feet by 10 feet. It was not floating straight either, but rather from one of the corners at about 2 feet from the water.

Looking at the sight in awee, the adventurer approach and remove her hood revealing her beautiful red hairs and her green eyes. She approach the cube slowly by walking in the water that wasn't really deep. As she approached the cube started to shine and colors like a boreal aurora. As she touch it, it becomes transparent and enlarge around her showing stars of the outer space. The dark of the night had been replaced with dancing lights. After several minutes it finally becomes smaller and smaller until it can fit in one's hand. A crystal like cube that was still shiny like the stars on the inside, except it wasn't dark in there and lights were still dancing inside of it. The adventurer felt happy of the sight she had just seen and kept the cube for herself as it would become her precious.

----------

The cube started to shiny brightly again and light started coming out of it to reveal a spiral staircase made of light going around the oasis. The adventurer started walking up, the stairs ringing like a glass floor would, but it was very solid. As she got at the top of the stairs, a floor appeared with a ladder in the middle. The floor was of the same light shape as the rest of the stairs. About 30 feet high, the adventurer approach the said ladder and looked at it with curiosity. It was made of crystal and had some kind of gold designs on it. The end of the ladder seemed to be leading to another universe. It made the adventurer happy on the inside as it seemed the best of adventure yet. She started going up the ladder that was about 15 more feet higher.

-------

As she went all the way to the other side of the hole, she came out of some kind of trap inside of a house made of sandstone. Coming out of it she could see an old desert civilisation that seemed abandoned. However one thing that was weird is that water seemed to be rich out here. Plants were growing around the buildings which seemed almost a mix between a tropical environment and a desert. Then suddenly a flying horse came down to her, it was a pegasus with a golden armor and it looked as if it wanted her to ride it. It was the most beautiful creature she had ever seen. The adventurer didn't even know at this point if any of this was real or not, but it felt like it was. She got on the pegasus and this one started to fly away with her on his back.

----------

The pegasus brought the adventurer toward the highest point was was looking upon this whole civilisation. This place had walls around it with a sort of protective barrier. Passing that it looked like it was just a plain desert followed by a forest but farther away. As the pegasus came to a stop on the highest point and landed, the adventurer looked behind her to see a gigantic tree, a beautiful weeping willow with leaves and flowers of all colors. It was about 30 feet tall and 20 feet large. The pegasus started to walk in, roots moving to show an entrance and inside and there was fairies flying around. The inside just seemed full of magic with lights dancing a bit like the light that was in the cube.

--------

A violent Thunder noise suddenly made her jump and she got off the pegasus to go check. As she came outside of the tree, she could see violent thunderstom around the town hitting the barrier several time. The wind was violent pushing the sand sea toward the walls. With fear she moved inside trying to communicate to the creatures that they could be in danger, however the pegasus assured that they were safe here by doing a motion with its head and approaching her more to protect her with his wings. The roots of the entrance moved again to close. She could feel things shifting and moving around but she stayed under the pegasus wing to hide. And then everything stopped moving... Looking around she wondered what could be happening and the fairies showed her back the way outside. When the roots opened.... water came in and it looking like they were within the oasis of earlier.

Coming outside again, it was like the same place as earlier had come across a sandstorm moving so much sand that it showed remains of that old civilisation that she saw earlier. Turning back to see inside the tree there was nobody else. Looking for the cube inside her pocket it started to glow again and then dissapeared. Treasures were sure to be found within those buildings and the adventure was only starting.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th July 2015, 11:00 pm

@KILL JOY

This is his submission!
Cubing Events Jack10
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th July 2015, 11:47 pm

The cube:

It stands in the middle of the forgotten desert directly in front of a cactus. It's hot, as it's currently daytime, sand and wind blasted but shows little sign of wear, despite being heavily weathered from being out here for so long. It is partially sunk in the sand with extreme light and shadow playing off of it. It is of a bluish gray color and made of a light metallic alloy and is hollow inside, mold forged. It once saved a nation, but that was a very long time ago and now it lies forgotten, the only remnant of said civilization, carrying inside of it a memory stone of that people that only one who is worthy may access by placing a hand on the cube, in which case one of its walls will open up. It is 5 cubic feet and has met Dan the horse and the wanderer.

Ladder:
A magical ladder rests on its side about 40-50 yards away from the cube, partially submerged. The ladder can extend or shrink to any length it wants at will--or the will of the user. Using this ability, it once felled an entire army acting as a pillar. It is metal, with variegated colors depending on who's looking at it and when, soaked in waters that had been steeped in part of the stalk of Jack's beanstalk. When resting, it's about 3 ft long, and its rungs shift lengths depending on the user. I, myself, have never used this ladder.

Horse:
This horse entered the desert a long time ago, bearing no name, but at some point chose the name Trowa. He is in a cave a little ways off from the cube. It is a dragon horse, descended of Dan. It came here at the call of Sorla Astradottir, whom he found in Cave of the Lost turned into a statue surrounded by felled enemies. His coat is cherry brown with white streaks, he bears no saddle, but is shod with horseshoes enchanted with a sustenance spell. He has only let two people ever ride him, and will only let those it deems worthy do so.

Plant:
The plant was already mentioned briefly: the cactus directly behind the cube. It has two arms and it's doing the Egyptian. Though spiny, it wants a hug--but only if your dance moves are fly. It guides those that wander into the desert to water as long as they do not try to harm it. It is also known for frequently getting into dance offs with some of them. It is part of a family of its kind spread out through the desert, though it seldom moves when watched.

Storm:
Off in the distance, an eternal storm rages, moving slowly, but inexorably. All around it, large clouds of sand are kicked up from its high winds and the large swirling vortexes within. Lightning crackles freely inside and golden rain falls. In between the vortexes are calm spots that you can get through, but get too close to the vortexes and you'll be wrecked. In the eye of the storm is a small pool of water and those who drink from it are refreshed for a week and get one wish granted.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum