Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forget Me Nots Role-Play

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forget Me Nots Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Forget Me Nots Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 19th May 2017, 4:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Forget Me Nots Role-Play - Page 2 Thread10

"Pilot," Eanwin says softly from behind him, "It is time.  Are you ready?"

"Of course, Eanwin,"  Pilot says, turning to her.  "I'll be here.  Do let me know if there are any problems--well, unexpected problems, at least.  I'm sure you're ready."

"Thank you for your confidence, Pilot."  Eanwin says.  She turns from him.  Eanwin is a frail looking girl, tiny and short in figure, bony, with teal skin and two, tiny tentacles rising from her forehead.  Black hair falls down to her back's center, braided neatly around the top of her head in decoration before falling straightly and neatly along her spine.  Despite her overly large, black eyes, she has trouble seeing, most days, so she walks rather slowly down the hallways as she exits the Pilot's den.  It is rather annoying that despite her other sensory abilities of her biology, that it is her eyes that fail her the most.  She often wonders what it would have been like if she had human eyes, instead.

Finding her way to the medical bay, she sees three of the crew sleeping.  She moves to the head of each bed, one after the other, removing the memory module from over their foreheads and putting them away where they belong.  She's quick to write down on their medical boards at their feet of the time, as she does so.  It won't be long before they wake, but Eanwin is carefully gentle not to wake them as she monitors their blood pressure and heart rate to write that down, too.

"A note for the record," Eanwin says with her very soft voice.

A VI panel pops up, the robotic voice replying, "Recording."

Eanwin says, "The memory modification process is complete and all modules removed.  All patients, Alarise Hiley, Belfast McKinzey, and Ophelia Copperspoon are in perfect, healthy condition.  Heart rates  normal.  Blood pressures normal.  All is to plan and as they soon wake, procedures will continue as requested.  Mission Amaranth has now begun.  Stop."

Eanwin stops speaking and the robotic voice says, "Notice recorded."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Forget Me Nots Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Forget Me Nots Role-Play

Post by EphPhoenix 10th August 2017, 11:50 am

He had no doubt where he'd find the others. Sure enough, he highlighted the map and it showed two blips with Alarise and Ophelia's names above them. While, for certain, relearning their old combat skills were useful, Belfast found he was more inclined to learn the ship -- its functions, passageways, secrets. Knowing your terrain was just as important as knowing where to throw your fist. He'd go in there for his own party time when they were done.

A screen displayed before him, detailing the crystals, their matrix, and the "protomix master." It was all so very fascinating, and as he read, he knew he'd done this before. It was all coming back to him as if from a fever dream. Halls of the ship, the best spots for pranks, quirks, the jump tubes...

A mischievous grin spread on his face. "Sharey," he said, "pull up a display of the training room, please." His two compatriots appeared on another screen. His grin deepened as a twinkle sparkled in his eye...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2017, 9:43 pm

Alarise watches in horror as Ophelia dies before her.  Gasping, she moves over to the girl as she collapses, death calling her.  Without even knowing this woman, just seeing her die before her was still traumatic enough.  She weeps, pulling the dart from the dead girl's eye as she shrinks away from the body, pacing, pacing on the mat.  

The training system has stopped, frozen in time.  None of the orbs are coming for her, which is good, because she's frozen, too.  Her thoughts, her processing.  Her teammate died from a training module.  A fucking training module.    Alarise can't seem to focus as watches the dead girl sit up and speak.  Her eyes move to the corpse, shocked.  She had checked for a pulse.  There wasn't one.  There hadn't been a pulse!  Had there?

The orb is mysteriously destroyed--she doesn't know what's smashed it, but she doesn't care.  She's rushed over to Ophelia again with tears in her eyes as she asks about the orb replacement--but does that mean she somehow killed it?  How did she destroy it?  

The mat she was standing on is now beeping--giving out a low note to say it's disabled due to her absence upon its square-shaped base.  She ignores it.  She remembers what it means, but she doesn't care.  The program is just alerting her she's out of bounds, but she doesn't care.  She's just weeping on Ophelia, now.

"A-are you okay?"  She asks, "How are you alive??"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 3rd October 2017, 4:33 pm

Ophelia, in her mind nulling shock, finally grasped that Alarise was crying- yes, crying. Was it for her?

The woman's words sunk into her brain like molasses as Ophelia's brain went into double time trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.

"Yeah...yeah I'm...I'm good." Alarise was crying on her, and Ophelia moved up her arms to comfort her. It was a strange dynamic, that, her hands having stopped their trembling from her near(?) death experience. She paused for a moment, her eyes vacant and placid before her eyebrows scrunched up. "Shit, Al, I think I died."

There was no way she had survived that. She had even felt dead, a ghost looking out through the eyes of a body. She suppressed a shudder as she thought about it.

This couldn't be one of the 'abilities' Eanwynn had mentioned before, could it? Hell, she'd already seen hers! And it looked scary as hell. Adding immortality to the mix would just make her an ass kicking machine.

Then again, she was number two on that Badass Popularity List. Which made her a bit more curious about what exactly numero Uno could do.

She snapped out of her brief trance and looked back up at Alarise, pulling one hand a way and wiggling it comically between them.

"Space magic."
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th November 2017, 1:55 am

Alarise moved over to the central podium. She says one word: "Replay."

A video screen pops up and the battle is replayed--from Alarise's entrance down to the point where Ophelia fell to her death. She places her right hand over her heart as she watches this, her face visibly taut from stress and heartbreak as she re-lives it over the big screen.

There is no black dust visible in the replay, but Alarise doesn't know this. She never saw the black dust, anyway. However, Ophelia will notice. She takes her hand in Ophelia's hand and then says, "Explain this, ship--did she die?"

A small voice echoes outwards from the podium--a non gendered, polite tone that isn't monotone, like she had expected. "Orbs are lethal to Ophelia, specifically, due to her inability to die. This was always acceptable before, but if you find it offensive, we can change your settings. Would you like to change your settings?"

Alarise doesn't know what to say. She blinks, her hand still over her heart while the other than clasped at Ophelia. She looks over at her, waiting for her preference on the matter. She's the one that has to live with dying, apparently.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by JulietHasAGun 22nd November 2017, 11:27 pm

Ophelia stares dumbly as she watches herself literally fucking die on the monitor. It was...weird, but not perturbing. She was alive now, right? And if she couldn't die wouldn't death be similar to any other injury?

"It's....it's cool with me." She looked at Alarise's hand clasped on hers, and how close the woman was to her. Her hands were soft, she found herself absent-mindedly running her thumb along the womans knuckles in a soothing gesture as she realized all the fun and somewhat horrifying possibilities her new-er- old ability held.

"If Alarise is uncomfortable with it, though, it can be turned off." She looked up at her with a wry smile, trying to comfort her, but faltering by virtue of her own unsure shakiness. "Didn't take you to be the type to be afraid of some blood."

Noticing how, for lack of a better word, tenderly she was caressing Alarise's hand she shifted, trying to wipe the blood off her cheek with her free hand, and a nervous laugh. She wasn't going to pull away, shit that'd be rude- and it wasn't like she had an aversion to the woman touching her it was j- Wait.

Why was she getting more hung up on holding a girls hand than the fact that she had literally just fucking died?
JulietHasAGun
JulietHasAGun

Lion Cub Of Cintra

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd December 2017, 5:34 pm

All thoughts of pulling a joke had died as he watched Ophelia get hit and...fucking die! Holy shit! He'd alerted medical, but it had seemed unperturbed by his announcement that the crew had died. Well. Ophelia specifically. He was about to demand a diagnostic when he suddenly saw her get back up. "What in the everloving fuck...?"

He listened to the audio as it turned out that Ophelia was some kind of immortal. "Holy shit..." He grimaced. That was kind of cheating, but oh well. He felt himself wipe away tears. He was relieved that nobody was dead. He leaned back, his body shaking from all the spent adrenaline, his heart still racing. Yeesh! That had been a heart attack and a half!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th December 2017, 2:55 pm

Alarise scowls, "I'll let it sit as it is, then."

She pulls her hand away from Ophelia long enough to press some buttons on the pillar to find any other possible training methods. They are all the same, but a new one has appeared. It's greyed out, but it is titled "Mix (1/3 Unlocked)" and when she clicks it, nothing happens.

"What's this, AI?" Alarise asks.

The AI responds immediately, "This battle program is a simulation designed for all three of you to participate in. It only unlocks when each of you have fought within your individual simulation programs."

Alarise scoffs, "Well, who's bright idea was that?"

"Yours," The AI says, "Though all simulations were designed fully by Belfast."

"Ugh," Al whines, "Any other damn programs I need to know about?"

"Yes." The AI says.

Alarise rolls her eyes after waiting a few moments and looking over at Ophelia with annoyance at the thing. It was as if the thing was toying with her. "...aaaand that is?"

"When the third simulation is completed with a satisfactory rating by myself, Sharey and her Pilot will be notified to begin travel to our destination where your target is known to be staying so that you may claim his bounty." It replies.

"What?!" Al says incredulously, "We only just woke up! That's insane! You can not tell me that this was my idea!"

"No," The AI says simply, "Ophelia's command, but you all agreed. The more memories you make after waking up, the more ammo the target will have against you. The sooner you face your target, the more advantage that you will hold over him."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top