Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Art FeatureS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Art FeatureS Empty Art FeatureS

Post by JerriLeah7 27th March 2012, 12:40 pm

Art FeatureS 23026910

"This pic was done around 1997. It's entitled 'Ming' It is all done with stippling, which is only dots. There is not a line one in this pic. It took a total of 72 hours to create. It is straight Pen & Ink. In all of my drawings I have several separate pictures that are hidden in each one. They are created in a way that the art deserves several viewings to get a better understanding of it. Even in 'Ming' there is a lot of smaller drawings or images."

--Doug A. Williams

Leah7, here! If you'd like to leave a comment for Doug, just reply to this post--I'm sure he'd love the feedback! If you're interested in seeing more of his art, feel free to take a look at his website:

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Leah7 on 1st July 2012, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Art FeatureS Empty Re: Art FeatureS

Post by xenolion 27th March 2012, 12:48 pm

This is simply awesome. The amount of skill it took to do this is mind boggling.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 27th March 2012, 12:55 pm

I'm impressed by the detail--there is so much to wonder about, to think about--what mood is he in? What is going through his mind? What is he hiding?

To me, he seems to be hiding something--the designs on his face also play the role of a mask--a mask that may not ever be taken off.

Additionally, I think this piece has a great sense of "line." What I mean by that is that it directs the viewers eyes very effectively. All of the designs on the man's clothing seem to direct the eyes upward, encouraging the viewer to move towards the face. The decorations and smaller images in the hat also lead the viewer's eyes around--and eventually downward as it moves onto his face.

And the smooth circle before the man's face also seems to push one's gaze to the face, as well, which is one of many focal points of this piece--bring your eyes to his eye, so that he may stare at you and dare you to uncover his secrets.

Overall, I'd say this piece is absolutely lovely--the shading is astonishing! Thank you, Mr. Williams, for sharing this piece with us. =)
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 27th March 2012, 1:15 pm

You can definitely see all the hours he put into this, it is truly amazing! I keep looking at the intricate details; it is a truly nice picture to look at and try to find the smaller pictures within. Awesome job!
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th March 2012, 2:55 pm

Wow. Stippling. THAT must've taken a lot of time. I'm impressed. The image makes me think of Kubla Kahn by Stephen Taylor Coolridge.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 27th March 2012, 3:50 pm

I love this piece. The amount of detail is astonishing, to me, especially in the headpiece - there's so much going on, I could look at it forever trying to figure out what it means.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 27th March 2012, 11:25 pm

I can't stop looking at the robe the man is wearing. Whenever I see it, I get a sense of power and beauty. I'm a big fan of the robe's interesting designs and even the swirls and curls on the collar. I'd love to see this in color.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 28th March 2012, 7:19 am

As for the sense I get, it seems more that he's a gatekeeper. Not like in the traditional sense, but his look strikes me as a "Welcome to my world" kinda thing. Like he's looking back to invite you right before he steps through.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 28th March 2012, 9:29 am

Physis wrote:I can't stop looking at the robe the man is wearing. Whenever I see it, I get a sense of power and beauty. I'm a big fan of the robe's interesting designs and even the swirls and curls on the collar. I'd love to see this in color.

You know....I agree, this colored would be...AMAZING. However, he'd probably have to do that in stippling as well, and that would take AGES. xD Still, I can appreciate what you're saying. It would be very cool to see it with color, it would add to the shading, as well.

EphPhoenix wrote:As for the sense I get, it seems more that he's a gatekeeper. Not like in the traditional sense, but his look strikes me as a "Welcome to my world" kinda thing. Like he's looking back to invite you right before he steps through.

Now that you say that, I can agree. That really does fit his pose and his facial features. A lot. In fact, I'd say he kind of makes the thought of going into his world a little scary. XD
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by DougW 28th March 2012, 12:00 pm

My name is Doug A Williams, and I created 'Ming'
I am here as a guest and I wanted to take time to thank all of you that left a comment. Your comments mean a lot, and are very humbling.
It is difficult to put any piece of yourself out there for viewing, however, your words were more than compliments but you saw this piece as it was meant to be viewed. In all of my work I like to leave a mystery, but an understanding to the person viewing it. Provoking feelings and questions, taking any piece I create as your own. Once I finish a piece of art it is no longer only mine, but a joint connection to you and me.

I cannot express enough your comments and your views on 'Ming' As to the coloring I can take it into PhotShop Elements and color it if you would like to see it with some color.

Thank you all again!

D.
Anonymous
DougW

Back to top Go down

Art FeatureS Empty Art Feature

Post by JerriLeah7 7th May 2012, 7:28 pm

Art FeatureS Destroyer_initiation_by_peterprime-d4w0k40

"The famous Initiation Ceremony of the Destroyers, the elite samurai army of Lemuria.

The candidates' final exam is to prove their worth and valor in front of the commanders and leaders of the army.

Suzette Senft, the "seii taishogun", supreme commander of the army, and the 13 generals act as the main judges but the dragon elite bodyguards also take note of each movement the duelers make, helping with the final decision. The destroyers' best samurai gathered around in this strict, but more prestigious ceremony. Only the best of the best may get the honor to become a Destroyer.

The whole event takes place in the Senft house's massive temple district."

--PeterPrime

PeterPrime, a traditional and digital artist, has created one of his more recent pieces from an original world that he has created. This image includes on of his original characters, Suzy, and so I'm sharing a bit of his original works with you. This was created on Photoshop, and took him roughly eighteen hours to complete. If you are interested in seeing any more of Peter's art, feel free to stop by his deviantArt page: http://peterprime.deviantart.com/

If you have any questions for Peter about his art, original world or characters, or Peter himself, just ask in this thread. Feel free to comment and give your opinion!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 7th May 2012, 7:43 pm

I'm quite a fan of samurai and many aspect of japenese culture and I must say this drawing is sweeet~ Love it ^^
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th May 2012, 7:47 pm

PETER... you know I am a fan of yours!! I absolutely love this piece. Your backgrounds have improved dramatically and the colors are awesome. Never stop drawing!!
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th May 2012, 8:35 pm

Wow, the detail and scale of this piece is awesome! Wonderful work.
I really like the pagoda's design as well as the armor of the samurai.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th May 2012, 9:31 pm

I really like the attention to detail on the pagodas. This must've taken a lot of work.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th May 2012, 11:54 am

Another very nice piece! I've always enjoyed Peter's art. :3
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 29th May 2012, 6:18 pm

Another GtR Art Feature here! I hope you all coment/view/enjoy! I hope you can provide some excellent feedback--after all, we have some great artist's on here!

Art FeatureS BMGR__Welcome_to_IMS_by_lilmioshi

"[This] is of my two OC's from I story I made years ago of a college history teacher whom meets a man who turns out to be a mage from a other world and turns her into a magical girl. It was supposed to be a parody on 'Card Captors Sakura,' but I stopped working on it because 'Madoka' came out and people would assume I ripped it off. I mad it with a combination of paint tool SAI and photoshop. Itt is sentimental because it is my own OC's, which I have spent a long time building and designing and they have become a part of me."

--t3hb33

If you are interested in seeing any more of her art, you can find t3hb33's deviantArt page here:
t3hb33's deviantArt
Feel free to stop by and thank you for viewing our art feature!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th May 2012, 6:29 pm

I love the look of them, the background is done very well it looks it can be from a cartoon.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st July 2012, 11:19 pm

This month's art feature is by a Gateway member! Yay! This piece, "Springtime in Unova," was created by Anghel in Paint Tool SAI over a year ago. I thought I'd share this lovely, colorful art with everyone. Enjoy! If you would like to see more of Anghel's work, feel free to check out her deviantArt page: LadyTwi's dA Page

Art FeatureS Contest__springtime_in_unova_by_lady_twi-d3c06i3

"It was for a contest on Godsibb with the Spring prompt. I was playing Pokemon Black at the time and I had Deino and Axew in my team and I thought it would be cute."

--Anghel
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 1st July 2012, 11:21 pm

D'aww it's so cuuute ! I love it ^-^
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st November 2012, 7:08 pm

Art FeatureS Img010

This piece is by Luna and this is an image of Kyrie Sheridan in her Unicorn form from the Halloween City Role-Play, drawn with graphite and completed in four hours. When asked about her favorite part of this piece she replied with: "The fact that I LOVE horses. I know she is a unicorn, but that only adds to her beauty. I think horses and unicorns are majestic creatures."

If you would like to see more of Luna's work, including her poetry and lyrics, you can find it on her deviantArt page.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: