Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Contract Empty The Contract

Post by Ink 7th May 2013, 12:49 pm

[Establishing Post]

My name is Chambers, Nico. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not see the point in referring often to my past. Yes, I was a Broker once upon a time. That was many years ago and is now irrelevant. Any further dwelling on such would be illogical. I became a broker, I disagreed with their methods and way of life, and so I left. No...the unfortunate demise of my brother did not weigh on my decision. He...he acted foolishly and it was only logical that his ultimate failure was his...ULTIMATE...failure.

Nico sits up in her apartment, playing a beautiful piano. To her, a "true genius" and "pinnacle of human accomplishment" it was little more than technical expertise in execution. So why then--

Nico pauses and the silence in this empty room grows...discomforting.

--Does it sound so terrible to her?

I do not care for trivialities. I do all that I do based on logic or whim. There is nothing more to it. Precise execution keeps the world moving smoothly, does it not? The simply machine of a gear propels the powerful engine. The engine livens the complex machine. The machine serves its purpose.

She decides to leave. There she walks the lonely streets from her building to the police department. She was a detective...and a very special one. None know of her past but her other credentials more than qualify her for any form of case. Having been claimed, from childhood, to be a perfect individual, she accepted this flawless perception the world had of her. Even still, she was without ego. Everything simply was, as far as she cared to analyze. Should it be disputed. Her duties, they all came so simply to her. At least, she has made herself believe such to be so.

She is aware that they watch her from afar. It was their way. A broker was a powerful being. It made perfect sense that an eye be kept on her from a mutually powerful watcher. But perhaps now the reason for their constant surveillance of her has changed.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top