Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and Salutations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings and Salutations Empty Greetings and Salutations

Post by Guest 2nd June 2013, 5:57 am

Hello everyone.

I more or less wandered into this place from the internet, and after skimming around for a bit have decided to pop up and say hi.

A little about me: I'm a 20-something college grad working in the information technology field. More or less, I do Java and web development. I've been doing roleplay ever since college, but it has mostly been of the tabletop variety. Real life can catch up to you though, and almost all of the people I used to game with have dispersed to the wind. I've never tried forum gaming before, but it looks like it has potential.

On that note, I guess I have a little prep work to do.

Outside, he gathers small twigs and dry grass into a tight pile, carefully building the kindling into a small conical structure. Rising, he drags larger branches to the circle and lays them in a square perimeter around the pile, building what looks like a miniature log cabin. Next he gathers even larger, longer limbs and erects another teepee style structure above that. He stands, dusts himself off, and removes a package of marshmallows, several bars of chocolate, and a box of graham crackers from a plastic bag and sets them aside. Pausing for a moment, he grabs a fire extinguisher and sets it on the edge of the porch, within easy reach of the couch.

Back inside, he rinses off a small kettle and a number of small bowls. After filling the kettle and setting it upon the lit stove, he carefully spoons a few types of loose tea leaves into small paper filters, setting aside an extra bag of Earl Grey for himself. From the fridge he pulls a plate of assorted higasi and wagashi, and sets it on a small table around which he arranges a few cushions.

He returns then to the stove, setting the oven to preheat, and quickly retrieves a wooden pizza peel from its hanger on the wall.

Considering his work for a moment, he removes two shot glasses from the cupboard, setting each opening down on the counter next to a few bottles he found in the back.

Going back to the cupboard, he grabs four regular glasses. Two he fills with normal milk. Two he fills with virtual milk.

I'm still observing and learning how you all have set up your rp threads, but I already see one or two that I'd like to try my hand at.

Assuming you welcome random strays from the internet. ;)

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Greetings and Salutations Empty Re: Greetings and Salutations

Post by Guest 2nd June 2013, 6:47 am

Hi Hi hi ! *Waves excitedly.* Welcome to the boards. You sound fun. Nice to meet you ! I hope i get to RP with you soon. *Hands some milkshake powder for his milk and skips off*
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd June 2013, 8:03 am

Welcome to GtR!!! *hands over caramel brownies* I love your intro! Don't be shy about joining any open RP's or even starting your own! Some of our best members have been "strays" from the internet like you.

We have been a bit quiet as of late, but I think that exams are almost done =) If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!!
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 2nd June 2013, 8:12 am

*Tips his hat* Welcome, friend. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 2nd June 2013, 10:35 am

Welcome to GtR! I must say, that's a creative intro post! It's good to have you here~
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 2nd June 2013, 3:21 pm

Welcome Axom ! I hope you'll have a great time here and I think it's quite awesome that you know how to do java stuff ! (I should try and learn some of that eventually haha =))

Anyhow about the roleplays that interest you, don't be shy and join them. If they appear to be a bit full, just ask the rpm if they can take you in. Same for your entry in the roleplay if it already started and you're unsure. RPMs can help you ! I hope you'll find a roleplay that you love and that you'll have a lot of fun posting in it !

Happy Rping !

*give you japenese green tea*

(I loved your little post in your intro as well ;))
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd June 2013, 9:10 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. So far I've been very impressed at the site. The rules and style guidelines that I've read are very well documented. Wow that makes me sound nerdy, but it makes things easier to pick up!

Future force is the RP that really caught my eye. Has it not started yet? I'm mulling over a character concept in my head, but I'm not quite sure how the story will coalesce and where this character would fit in...

(Glad you all liked the intro. ;) )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 2nd June 2013, 9:14 pm

Nope, Future Force hasn't started yet, and as far as I know they're still accepting applications. If you want to talk with someone about it, I'm sure Leah7, MethosArchaic, and xenolion would be glad to talk with you. :3
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd June 2013, 9:36 pm

Thanks, I'll grab one of them once I solidify a few ideas.

Unless I'm missing some kind of rule system, characters are very freeform correct? I don't see anything like starting skill points or anything... How is balance maintained?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 2nd June 2013, 9:47 pm

Typically the RPM's and/or RPH's will tell you if you're treading OP territory. Since the power level and whatnot is relative per RP, there's no need for a static system but some RP's do have systems.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd June 2013, 10:53 pm

Greetings and Welcome to the Gateway!! I hope you enjoy your time here with us and I look forward to RPing with you. =) I'm glad that my role-play, Future Force has interested you--feel free to shoot me a PM or to skype me at xleah7x any time and I'll be more than happy to answer any and all of your questions!

*gives virtual cookies*

It is the RPM's (Role-PLay Maker's) and RPH's (Role-Play Helper's) task to keep their own role-play well balanced and on key with their goal for their own story/plot. If at any point balance is a concern to a member and they feel their RPM or RPH is not balancing or being fair, they can always contact myself or another staff member and all will be taken care of.

Balance is something that we will always strive for in different styles, mannerisms, and worlds, so we hope you'll give us a chance, despite how relaxed we are, and enjoy your stay with us--we have a lot of fun adventures and all open role-plays can be viewed in the Role-Play Directory.

Last edited by Leah7 on 3rd June 2013, 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Issues)
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 3rd June 2013, 6:37 pm

::Looks around. Lights a match and sets couch on fire::

HIII WE HAS BONFIRE!! anyone want some smores?? XD

Nice to meet you. I hope you have lots of fun and visit us all the time!!
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd June 2013, 6:52 pm

*looks appalled, grabs the fire extinguisher and puts the couch out. Gestures towards the big pile of wood and kindling*

T.T my couch...

Laugh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum