Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuedal Era

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fuedal Era Empty Fuedal Era

Post by Guest 6th January 2011, 9:30 pm

Awaiting in the world set to the past. Many people lived in harmony. It seemed endless as communities began to grow. Though many people thought that there own people should not mix with others, and that started the war of territories in this small area. Humans, elves and demons started to claim territories splitting them apart in this world not giving a chance to continue the peace that there forefathers made for them. Cities were formed to keep there kind in, and keep the others out. Many didn't consider it fair, families with half breed children were abandon. Children were forced to live on there own...with war like this, villages were made to hold the half breeds and people against the cities boundaries. Many tried to stand up to the King's and Queens of the Cities but all have failed. It's up to a new generation to bring peace to the cities and help others appreciate difference. It's up to our young new minds to think of ways to bring peace to the world. Will they be able to fill the hopes and dreams of others? or will fate only bring them deeper in the whole of living in cages.

[ATTN:OPEN]

Kentaro stood at post as hours gone by not a single person traveled into the City...he sighed heavily as the sun started to come over the mountain side to set in the valley. He looked over at the smoke coming from far from the small village near Cave of Nuala. "I wonder what people are like there" he thought to himself.

~~

The temple stayed quiet in Kyoshi as Hatake began to fall asleep. His staff holding him up as the sun was setting over the Mountains.

~~

Kentaro waited in the tree's in the woods of Anchosaur. "Someone has to walk by...I'm hungry and I need money" he thought to himself...

~~

Everland City started to calm down from the busy day. The city grew quiet as the night was opon them. Ruka sighed looking out a tower window from the high castle. She sighed. "I wish I could bend water with Fish demons" thinking to herself. "the water is so beautiful..."

Last edited by xukitakex on 28th May 2011, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Fuedal Era Empty Re: Fuedal Era

Post by Holsety 7th January 2011, 12:22 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Nymaeria stood on guard next to Everland's castle gate. As night approached, her shift ended and her replacement soon arrived. She nodded to him, then went to her room in the guard's quarters. She placed her sword against the wall, then changed out of her armour and into a nightgown.

She picked up the envelope that was sitting on her dresser. It had arrived this morning, but she hadn't had time to read it. She opened it and saw that it was a letter from her mother. They didn't get to see each other much anymore, so her mother quite often wrote letters saying how proud she was of her daughter.

I need to go visit her soon. She must be so lonely...

Zhelyr stalked through the trees outside of Anchorsaur. This time he had been hired to retrieve a gem that had been stolen by a group of lesser demons. They were out here somewhere, but his eyesight was only sharp during the day. People didn't seem to understand that, but he had taken the job anyway, because he liked the challenge. He relied on his hearing to guide him.

He suddenly heard footsteps off to his left, sounded like a group. He would track them down and kill them, then check and see if one of them had the gem. If they didn't, he had at least had some fun.

He followed at a distance, trying not to lose them in amongst the trees.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th January 2011, 9:19 pm

[ATTN: Kentaro]

Irahdi sneaks toward the blond haired demon that usually is found guarding the castle gates. Slowly she tries to sneak up on him. A thief she was raised and a thief she has always been, but Kentaro was always the one demon she could never fool. Somehow, he always knew she was there, but she keeps trying anyways.

Slowly, she edges closer while his back his turned. The wind is blowing to her advantage, aiding to hide her scent. She edges ever quietly, making no sound as she nears him.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2011, 9:27 pm

[ATTN:Irahdi]

Kentaro smirked trying to see how long it would take her. He laughed lighting as she was sneaking closer and closer. As she finally went to make her move he caught her in a headlock as he smiled. "You got closer, but not this time!!!!" he let her go as he smirked, "maybe you should try to train more."

Last edited by xukitakex on 7th January 2011, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th January 2011, 9:31 pm

Irahdi pulls away with a pouty face and a child like stance showing her frustration.

"Oh, how do you do that?!" Irahdi whines, "I've been training, thank you very much! I think you cheat! You have a magical fox hunting ability, don't you??"

Irahdi laughs lightly, getting past her pouting stage quickly. She glances around and wonders how Kentaro can do this guarding so much. She would be absolutely bored to death.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2011, 9:37 pm

[ATTN: Irahdi]

Kentaro sighed. "years of training my young one. Besides I'm paid to stand here and stop people who try to steal for a living..no one has ever gotten past me...if they have I wouldn't be standing here." He then gave a smile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th January 2011, 9:44 pm

"I don't steal for a living....." Irahdi says, "I steal for fun! I always give it back.....so you should tell me your secret! I do need to train tomorrow....but I've got no one who wants to train with me. They say I'm too careless. Think I'll ever be a warrior like you, Kentaro?"

Irahdi leans up against the wall and stretches out as she chatters on hyperactively, wondering how long it will be before she's told whether or not she would have to move. Her father died recently, and for some reason, she doesn't want to live alone. She requested to find someone who would live with her, but she doubts that anyone will volunteer. No one around here really likes her.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2011, 9:47 pm

[Attn: Open]
Rasmus focused on the blade in front of him. He focused his will on the blade.

"Flame up!" he commanded.

Nothing. The small knife remained just as it was.

"Flame on!" he tried again.

Still nothing. He was beginning to feel silly.

"Blazing sword!! Inferno! Roast some pigs!"

"Roast some pigs?"

Rasmus looked to his left at the floating beauty before him. Loinnir was sitting in the air with her legs crossed, her eyes alight with amusement. She cocked an eyebrow.

"If your plan is to stun them with mirth, then you'll succeed marvelously," she said.

Rasmus took on a sullen look. "Hey! I'm trying to make it work!"

"And succeeding effortlessly in your endeavor," the elf girl replied, her voice cracking from the attempt to contain her laughter.

Rasmus blushed. "You're bound to this thing, why don't you tell me how it works."

She regarded him seriously. "If I knew anything more than the stories my mother told me, I'd happily do so," she said in earnest. "Though maybe it's because of what you intend that it won't work."

"Don't start that again, Loinnir," Rasmus growled. "My mother wouldn't have died in the first place if they hadn't killed her. They're animals, and need to be put down."

At this, Loinnir folded her arms and regarded him severely. Rasmus was struck by the similarity between her and his mother. How did women do that?

"While vermin would be the more adequate nom de guerre--animal is an insult to fine creatures of the world--they are well trained men while you are not."

"Hey, auntie Irahdi taught me how to throw knives, and she says I can fight fairly decent with one."

He left out the snide tail ons Irahdi tacked onto her rare compliments. In this particular case, she had said that he stood a chance against a pack of humans as long as they agreed to close their eyes and stand still.

"Okay, say I believe you," she replied, something in her tone suggesting she heard what he hadn't spoken, "what about a sword? Can you use a sword?"

He shrugged offhandedly. "How hard can it be?" he said casually. "You swing it around and people get cut. At least, that's what I've read in books, anyway."

Loinnir's stared at him blankly. Rasmus felt extremely awkward.

"Hey! Don't look at me that way!" he snapped defensively. "Who cares if I don't know how to use a sword?! All I've got to do is swing it and fire will shoot out and they'll be all flame basted!"

Her blank expression took on a tinge of worry. "Exactly how did you see your fight with these...men...going?"

At this, Rasmus brightened up. "I was gonna do that flame teleport thing, right? Then I was gonna burst into the middle of their camp in an explosion!" He threw his arms out for emphasis. "Then I was gonna start laying waste to them with large pillars of flame!" He swung an imaginary sword for emphasis with accompanying whooshing noises.

He was interrupted from his imaginary battle by loud gales of laughter. Loinnir had reached her threshold and lay in the air on her back, kicking her legs in the air as laughter pealed out of her.

Rasmus slumped. "Well...it sounded cool in my head..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2011, 9:53 pm

"I can only say that in due time with training and studies you can one day grow stronger."

He sighed heavily as someone was coming.

"No need to worry though. Here, this is all I can give you for now. Perhaps if you learn it's secrets you will learn how I fight so well."

He handed her a small bag. Inside the bag rested a simple ring with a small red gem inside. He gave a smile as the General came to talk to Kentaro.

"You might wanna leave now. The General will be here shortly." He turned around gripping his swords sheath. He saluted to the General as he started to approach him.

Last edited by xukitakex on 7th January 2011, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th January 2011, 10:00 pm

Irahdi turns to leave, not wanting to interrupt the general's discussion. Many a times, she's been playful when she shouldn't, but the general is not one of those people she messes with.

She tries to decide where to go, she's extremely bored and actually feeling lazy, at the moment. I wonder where my pupils are.....I could teach some more, I suppose.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2011, 11:09 pm

The night was cool and wet, leftovers from the spring rain of the past few days. It would aid Rasmus' cause; there wouldn't be a lot of wood for burning. Sure enough, he was right. The main campfire in the camp was a small one that didn't allow for good lighting.

The tents were arranged in a close circle, the horses tied to a picket line, and their equipment arranged neatly. Rasmus had to hand it to them; they were neat if anything.

"Most of them are asleep," Loinnir reported, causing Rasmus to try and run straight up into the air in alarm.

"Don't do that!" he hissed, hand to his heart.

"My apologies," Loinnir said guiltily, hand to heart. "You've got two sentries on both ends of the camp moving in a semi-circle. You really need to rethink this. They guard themselves very well."

Rasmus teetered on indecision. What do I do...?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 7th January 2011, 11:51 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Another long day of training had passed for Uteke. He sat in his chair outside as he cleaned his sword, looking up into the night sky. Uteke could feel the pain from sore muscles all over his body. "Dad's training sure was tough. I guess that means I'm getting better. It won't be long until I get that special mission and become a General." He shifted slightly in his chair. There was a throbbing pain the shot throughout his body as he moved. "...Maybe I'll accept that mission after my body heals...." He closed his eyes and began to doze off to the quite sounds of Skyland.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2011, 11:59 pm

Kentaro waited for orders from the General. Though rather than him speaking he stood looking out into the woods with a blank expression on his face. Kentaro went to try to walk over to him but the General held his hand out stopping Kentaro in his tracks. "I have a mission for you Kentaro." he spoke firmly. "I need you do send a note to someone in the other City. While your there, Be sure to eliminate anyone that isn't of pure blood on your path."

Kentaro's eyes widened. "But si-"

"That's an order Captain Owasagi"

Kentaro narrowed his eyes as he then saluted him and then made his way into the woods. Knowing that Irahdi was listening he knew soon enough that she would be fallowing him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th January 2011, 12:01 am

Irahdi sensed out for all the daggers she gave to her pupils and her eyes widened as she realized that a student was out of the mountains. What the heck.....? Why is Rasmus so far away??

Irahdi rushed on suddenly, following Kentaro instantly. I need to have someone go find Rasmus....will he be in danger around Kentaro! But who to send??
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2011, 12:26 am

[ATTN:Open]

Kentaro made his way into the woods leaving off trail fallowing the map of the set location to meet this mysterious person outside the next city over. He sighed at the thought of being in the mix of the world war now. He hated to sight of war let along the knowledge of it now taking place strongly in his world.

"I can't believe he is making me do this...I guess being forced to do things will always be in my turn. I can't hurt people though...Not knowing that my younger brother is a half demon too. If I couldn't kill him I wouldn't be able to kill others.." He continued to talk to himself as he walked though the woods. Making way to an open valley he stopped as the breeze blew though his hair. He closed his eyes taking in a deep breath hearing the wind gave him peace at mind. Opening his eyes he saw smoke rise from the tree tops on the other side of the valley.

"Campfire." he said to himself quietly. He raised his guard as he proceeded though the valley staying low and hiding in the high grass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th January 2011, 12:58 am

"This is a bad idea. Bad idea. Bad idea!" Loinnir said in a shrieking whisper.

Rasmus focused on the task at hand, trying his best to ignore the increasing spikes of fear Loinnir was wedging into his beating heart with her words. He wished he could shush her, but it'd give his position away. The guards were on opposite sides now and he was waiting for the signal. Almost there.

"All's clear in righteousness!" came the fanatical call, that was at once repeated three more times around the camp.

Rasmus took his chance. He leapt out of the shadows and let a throwing knife fly. The man gurgled as it flew in his throat and fell to the ground writhing before death quieted him. Rasmus walked over to the man and stared down. He had killed animals before, for food and for clothing, but he'd never killed a person before; human, demon, or otherwise. He reached down and pulled out the knife.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "But you shouldn't have hurt my mom."

He knelt over the man and said a silent prayer for his soul. So concentrated was he that he missed the footsteps that would've sounded like a herd of elephants charging his way in his ears.

"Rasmus! Look out!"

Loinnir's warning brought his eyes open and he caught a flash out of the corner of his eye and instinctively ducked. That move saved his life. The blade slashed where his head would have been. Rasmus scrambled to his feet, but trip-dodged the man's next slash and backed away on all fours.

"What have we here?" the man growled in a gruff voice. "Some half breed trash? Intruder al--?"

The words died in his throat as Rasmus took that instant to pull out the knife Phoenix Blade and stab the man in the kidney. Auntie Irahdi said to strike when there's a clear opening... he thought.

Alarms went off in the camp. He swallowed hard as he heard hordes of men waking up and shouting. I really stepped into it this time...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2011, 1:06 am

Making his way though the woods he saw bits of blood on the bushes leading in a trail as bodies lay on the ground. "Who could have done this." He said to himself in silence. Closing his eyes he knew that a few half breeds have been close.

"So this is what it is like to be in the middle of war." he thought to himself drawing his blade. He knew to keep his guard up and watch for them jumping out of the trees. Or coming from behind bushes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th January 2011, 1:11 am

Irahdi stayed behind, sneaking behind landmarks as best she could. Which was good. She feels them draw nearer towards where she senses Rasmus' daggers and she begins to wonder how he's caught up in so much death. What's going on here??
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th January 2011, 1:24 am

"Kill the filthy demon scum!"

"He ran over here!"

"Wretched beast!"

Rasmus ducked behind a tree, leaning behind it and trying to not pass out from the pain as he held his left arm that was barely still attached. Where's that speedy demon healing I always hear so much about? Some hero he was turning out to be. Only a handful of them were dead and that had been by sheer dumb luck.

"He's over here!"

Rasmus rolled as he heard the dull thunk of an axe stick where his head had been. With his good right hand he turned his fingers to claws and slashed the man's throat, leaping off him into the air at another two who were behind him and throwing a knife into one of their throats and coming down to slash the other.

"Unh!"

He cried out as the blade pierced his stomach just as his claws stabbed into the man's throat. He had never been stabbed before. It was a curious sensation. He looked down and fought the rising panic as he saw the blade sticking out of him.

"No...I don't want to die...!"

Thwip! An arrow pierced into his shoulder and pinned him to a tree, the impact forcing the blade from his stomach. He tried to pull it out, but considering it was in his right shoulder and his left arm hung useless, he was effectively at the end of his rope.

"Let's use him for a pin cushion," one suggested.

"No," growled another, "I'm gonna slice open his stomach and pull out his innards with my bare hands."

Rasmus tried stifling his sobs as best he could. He was going to die. Some "Hero of the Phoenix" he was, killed before he could even start out.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2011, 1:35 am

Kentaro fallowed down the path hearing cries of help that seemed somewhat far but close enough for him to hear. The scent that was left behind from the killers traveled far with the cries. Kentaro did not wait much longer before rushing down to there assistance.

"These soldiers were not trained well..or were dealing with professionals" he narrowed his eyes.

Continuing to run he hid behind a tree as he spotted men that were still alive. He had not been sure if they were enemy or not. His eye didn't catch detail only that they had been there.

"There scent..it's them he thought to himself..."That can only mean that it's the ones killing the soldiers

Looking closely at the uniforms of the dead men. He noticed they had been from the other city. Not from Nuala. He sighed heavily.

"Thank makes sense now. The other village kills Half breeds just for being near the City gates. Our city just orders them away. Though out General did seem a bit stern about killing Half breeds. Usually he doesn't care....something personal must have taken place."

He used a small knife to see the reflections of where the men had been standing and how long it would take them to make there move. Or if they even realized that he had been there at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th January 2011, 10:49 am

Attn Hatake, Open

This is Kalena's favorite time of the day. It not quite dark, but the temple is quieting down. Hatake is doing his typical rounds of Kyoshi village, and she is alone in the temple. She starts to light the more of the candles to illuminate the room as darkness settles in. She's been here her whole life living with the High Priestess and Hatake. She was happy with temple life, up until the death of the high priestess.

She grabs a broom and begins to sweep. She is grateful for all that the temple has taught her, but knows there is more out there. Besides it is not like she would be leaving Kyoshi empty, Hatake already expressed interest in becoming the temples Monk. If she did become a high priestess it would only fuel the rumors going around about her and Hatake. Unfounded rumors that started when she started to “grow up”. A smile crept on her face. Hatake is nothing more than a brother to her.

She’s been intending to leave for a while, wanting to see what is outside of Kyoshi’s walls. She is been training hard with her crossbow, and is very comfortable with it. Well with target practice at least. She mentioned her intentions to the High Priestess before she died, and was warned to stay away from the cities, especially the elven ones. For she is a half breed although she looks more elven than human. She hasn’t told Hatake of her intentions, not outright at least. She doesn’t know what he would do if he knew.

After the sweeping is done she goes to the kitchen and begins to prepare dinner for both her and Hatake. He should be back soon. It is all part of the routine, a routine she is bored with and hopes to break soon.

Last edited by xenolion on 9th January 2011, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 8th January 2011, 12:39 pm

Zhelyr continued to follow the lesser demons through the forest. He figured they were heading back to their nest, but it must be deep in there. Finally, they stopped. They seemed to be fighting over something, so he used this chance to sneak closer to them. As he was sneaking, though, he stepped on a fallen branch, causing it to snap.

The demons' heads shot up and looked straight at Zhelyr. Of course, they had night vision and could see him clearly. One of them moved off to the side and appeared to be hiding something. He figured it must be the gem.

The other demons advanced on him; there were about six of them. Zhelyr didn't back down, he'd been doing this for many years and was always finding himself in unfavourable situations. Plus, these were only lesser demons and weren't anywhere near as intelligent as normal ones.

He drew his daggers and assumed a ready position. He could hear the demons spreading out, trying to surround him. He charged the one that was moving to his right and quickly shoved a dagger into its heart. It screamed, then fell limply to the ground. He grinned cruelly, his demon instincts kicking in. He pulled the dagger from his kill and quickly flung it at a demon that was approaching at his left, embedding it between its eyes. He slashed open the throat of another.

The remaining demons fled before Zhelyr got a chance to kill them. Too bad, he was really enjoying this. He walked over to where the demon had been hiding the gem and retrieved it. He considered taking it for himself and selling it off, but after looking it over he could tell it was a fake and he would get more money from the client than from any potential buyers.

He stuffed the rock into his bag and started back the way he came.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th January 2011, 3:17 pm

Darkness was shifting, swirling in and out of itself, and it was heavily charged with energy. Anger, cries of pain, death... it all surfaced in the darkness, but nothing was to be seen. A hand pushed out of the whirling mass and a voice called out to someone.

"Kaz! You gots a bad dream! I called the Baku." The small girl said as she stepped out of the darkness and poked it a few times.
"Gee that's horribal stuff!" She said as she wiped the feeling off on her already smudged kimono. A creature lumbered from the land of dreams. It resembled a small elephant that had been crossed with a sloth. It was a Baku, and many others followed it. They sucked the darkness away in their long snouts and left.

Nobusa awoke slowly and pulled the covers off that were wrapped around his body. He was sweating heavily.
"Hotaru! That dream was important... but now the Baku have taken it away!" He shouted, but not angrily. There was still a tinge of fear to his voice. He went and splashed some cold water on his face from the nearby basin.
Hotaru, the hearth spirit, appeared near his door, "No thanks from you Kaz? I was only helping." She said with a small pout. Her violet eyes looked up at him dejectedly.

Kaz ruffled his hair in abashment, "Uh... thanks Hotaru, really, but I feel I needed to remember that dream."
She shrugged and started humming an old tune. Her tramping little hops could be heard down the short hall.
"To show my thanks I will make you some rice cakes with plum sauce, Hotaru. I know that's your favorite." He shouted to her as he put on his shugenja attire.
She suddenly reappeared standing on his head and looking down, "Really!? Yay-ya-yayayay!" She rejoiced and ran to the kitchen after hopping off his head.

Kaz laughed to himself, and shook his head at how easy she was to please.
"What kind of day has this ominous dream woken me to? Everything feels calm... But war spreads like a plague." He whispered thoughtfully to himself.
He went into the kitchen only composed of a table, a wash basin, and an area to cook.
"After we eat, I need to head down to Anchorsaur and see if some of the people are still troubled by malicious demons." He told Hotaru as he gathered the plums for the sauce.

Last edited by treomatos on 9th January 2011, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th January 2011, 4:11 pm

[ATTN: Rasmus]

Irahdi's arrows pierced the men, her anger reflected through her speed. In seconds, she's next Rasmus and painfully, yet quickly removing the blade and arrow.

"You're reckless, you know?" Irahdi says as the men try to remove their arrows. "What are you doing here??"

The first man rushes forward and tries to get his hands around Irahdi. She's too quick, and he finds Irahdi behind him, instead.

"Why don't we use you for a pin cushion?" Irahdi asks with sarcasm.

Last edited by Leah7 on 9th January 2011, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th January 2011, 4:39 pm

Rasmus gratefully falls to the ground after the blade and arrow have been removed. Everything hurts and everything is slowly getting blurry.

"See, Auntie?" he said with a smile. "They didn't have to close their eyes and stand still."

Promptly, he passed out from the blood loss and pain. Loinnir knelt down and caressed his head as best she could as she was insubstantial, tears in her eyes.

"Please don't die," she pleaded softly.

"Hey! Demon b***h!"

A man held a torch, calling Irahdi's attention. He smiled evilly as he threw a glass vial on Rasmus and let the torch drop, immediately enveloping him in flames.

"Demons burn just fine," he said with satisfaction.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top