Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Age: Haven City

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silver Age: Haven City Empty Silver Age: Haven City

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 12:53 am

Haven City; a gleaming Metropolis that is a symbol of hope and a testament to the human imagination. Alas, behind the glimmer and glory, there is tragedy. Almost seven years ago, the city that once stood here was destroyed by the maniac known to the world as Khan. In a brutal onslaught, Khan's armies marched through the streets of Wonder Hills and destroyed everything in sight. When these fleets were at last destroyed by the heroes who fought there that day, all was quiet. Then, from the sky, a weaponized satellite struck down with a devastating blow that leveled everything, cutting short the lives of thousands. Khan was ultimately defeated by the combined efforts of the heroes who remained, imprisoned forever more.

Following these events, this new city was built, a memorial to the events of that day and a gleaming hope, looking to the future. In this, the city of tomorrow, anything is possible. Here, in a city almost entirely populated by superhumans, superheroes are free to do as they do with no vigilance laws restricting them.

Denise awakens in a high rise one early morning, the rays of sun perfectly striking her line of sight. She awakens with a jolt though, sitting upright in be immediately. Looking around, she notices the various things around her room that are unfamiliar to her. She then realizes...the room itself is unfamiliar. Looking to the other side of the bed, she finds it to be empty. Well, that was a blessing. She hadn't come home with a stranger. "What's going on? Last night...chased the Black Widow Society downtown...a flash of light and...now I'm...here."

Getting up, Denise further opens her window. The city outside towers higher than anything Manhattan had ever spawned. She looks through in wonder. sleeker buildings, hovering billboards, the words. Then she spots one. Haven City: The City of Tomorrow. "Was I drugged last night? Where am I? This...this is too strange. I'll have to worry about it after my Museum shift," she says, walking off to get herself dressed and out to the museum.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Silver Age: Haven City Empty Re: Silver Age: Haven City

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 1:34 am

[Attn: Open]

Jericho stepped into the city, looking around warily. It seemed normal, but...he was certain this place hadn't been here a day or two ago. Worse, all the supes of the world seemed to have converged. Surely, this would be where he'd find Bec, but why would she come here? She was only a novice superhero, raw and new to the game--not that he had any room to talk.

I guess the difference lay in that she had put herself out there, he...he was still unsure. So much was possible with these powers, but how to put them to the most effective use...?

"Look out!"

A car suddenly veered off the street, hit a ramp and flew into the air, beelining for him. Time slowed down as instinctively, he tapped into his power in the barest fraction of a second, and he Moved.

He was instantly on the opposite side of the street, where he stumbled a bit; he hadn't quite gotten the hang of that yet. A superhuman, however, had run to catch the vehicle, stopping it deftly. Jericho frowned. Why hadn't he thought of doing that instead of just getting out of the way?

And that was his point, maybe he truly wasn't cut out to try the hero biz. His instincts were for self-preservation, it seemed, not for selflessly jumping into harm's way--though he wished it otherwise. He quickly moved on to avoid the scene the area was becoming.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 2:01 am

((OOC: Not All The Heroes In The World Have Relocated Here But A Few))

Denise roams around the city after finding her way down from the apartment complex. She had been looking around. This place was entirely unfamiliar. She sees somewhat more futuristic cars, towering buildings that may very well literally be at sky altitudes, and several superpowered individuals going about their daily business. She then sees the seen where a superhuman had caught a car driven out of control. Through the corner of her eye, she sees as someone is walking away rather suspiciously.

Narrowing her eyes, she looks around, following discretely, masking her position with her tracking evasion abilities. She keeps on in her pursuit, determined that he might know something about what was going on.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 11:28 am

[Attn: Denise]

Away from the scene, Jericho slows his gait, walking slower now that he's away from the accident. He continues walking, but after the third block, notes that there's been a life signature following his path--albeit in a haphazard way. He takes a few random blocks to be sure, and when the signature is still in his wake, decides he needs to confront it.

He turns down a back alley, and then down another one. There he stands and waits.

"Whoever you are, come out," he calls. "If you mean me harm, I'd rather deal with this, now."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 11:39 am

Denise follows this character. He had a mysterious air about him. She'd followed him for a number of blocks. Looking around, she'd figured he was somehow aware of his being followed. These locations were all too random. Of course, how would she know? She still didn't know where she was. They'd passed a Cafe, a Music Store, a Fast Food Restaurant, a Post Office, and several small apartment complexes. She'd recognized a number of these places as popular places but with more futuristic tones. Had she traveled through time? Unlikely. She'd done it before. In Time Travel, it wasn't possible to be unconscious as she was before waking up that morning.

Her target then turns into an alley. Now she was certain that she was being led on. Before he speaks, he turns around. After he speaks, Denise makes her appearance known. Having put on her mask. "That car accident. Did you cause that?" She speaks calmly and without bias.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 11:47 am

A woman makes herself known. He cocks an eyebrow; for some reason in stories it's usually a man that's doing the following. At her words he grimaces ruefully.

"No," he says with a sigh, "but I didn't try to save the car, I merely reacted and leapt out of the way. Heroic, huh?" he adds with a shrug.

"Well, if that's all," he begins, turning away. "Wait!" He turns back around. "I'm looking for someone. Do you know a Rebecca Morrison?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 12:20 pm

[Attn: Jericho]

Ananci waits for a moment to respond. She needn't bother judging him. It was his business. In any case, she looked him over. She could all too clearly read into his aura. He wasn't a hero. But his power. He had unlocked the hidden potential within human beings. At least, in its most basic of forms. The simpler abilities. She then turns herself. "No...but good luck in finding them." She could tell he wouldn't be a problem...perhaps and asset at a later date. "Do you know where we are? I can't say I remember anything about this place."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 12:44 pm

"You're in Haven City," he tells her simply. "A place for superheroes. At least, that's what the brochure says."

He smirks. "But if you don't know and you're here..." His smirk fades. "That confirms my suspicions."

"Wait a moment, would you?" he asks. "Do you...remember this place before today?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 12:48 pm

"No. I am Ananci. I live in Manhattan. This place is not remotely familiar to me," Ananci says, looking around. "The last I remember, I was tracking the operations of a secret cult. Then I walked in on a ritual they were performing, sacrificing a civilian. Finally, I remember a bright flash of light through the windows from the outside. Then I awoke this morning. Does that answer your question?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 1:04 pm

[Attn: Ananci]

"Wow," Jericho said, eyes widening, "you just dropped your identity like that? I thought you super types were a little more cautious..."

He cleared his throat. "And yes, it does," he said, "and it explains what happened to me. I was at a science exhibit and they were experimenting with dimensional shifts. Something weird happened around us--some weird flash--and the next thing I know, people had disappeared. Those of us closest to the experiment were unaffected, but looking into it, I found that...things were different from what I remember.

"Believe it or not, this place didn't exist before yesterday," he explained. "I think whatever's happened has affected space-time or whatever. However, my friend has disappeared and this is the only place I can think she'd be--y'know, if she still exists in this time stream."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 1:29 pm

"Well, in that case, this requires some investigation. I should find out who's in char-" Suddenly a loud crash can be heard. An alarm goes off and the subsequent chatter of people in the streets can be heard as they either approach in curiosity or run off, screaming. Several crooks run by, and appear to make a turn into the bank. Ananci then loses her coat in the alley and dashes around a corner. Mask or no mask, she wasn't in her attire.

The minute she's ready, she makes her way out of the alley and into the streets to figure out what'd happened. A large jewelry store heist. She begins to run inside by something roars past her in a blur, landing solidly inside. It was a woman dressed in Red, White, and Blue. She got up and held one of the criminals by his collar. "Come on, now," she says. "What do you call yourself doing?" She then throws him at one of the crooks.

Ananci stands there in a daze for a moment then snaps out of it. "Ms. America?"

"Who? Ananci? Is that you? Well...that's an interesting new look. I'd change the Haven Star outfit a bit myself."

"Come again?"

One criminal sits on a rooftop with a sniper rifle trained on the two heroines as they lob through the store, flipping, punching, and kicking their ways through his partners. "Gotcha this time, heroes," he says to himself.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 1:43 pm

[Attn: Heroes]

Jericho watches as Ananci runs off. He sighs; should he follow? She's the first person he's met that doesn't think this place has always been here. Immediately, he Moves, leaping up onto a rooftop. He won't get involved with the crimefighting--after all, this was a city of heroes.

However, a flash catches his eye as he watches and he sees a sniper. His eyes widen and he Moves.

"Lovely weather we're having, eh?"

The sniper reacts, but he might as well be moving as if mired in mud. He decks the sniper and leaps down with him in tow.

"Um, hero types?" he says, dropping him in front of Ananci and her friend. "You almost got sniped. Just saying."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 1:46 pm

Sam found himself, once again, walking through a city that was completely foreign to him. Before, he had some purpose, doing contract after contract - now, his contractors were... Different. Nobody remembered him. Sam's purpose was shattered... and replaced by a burning curiosity.

Sam walked into a building that said "Shop". Seeing that it sold chocolate, he asked the man at the counter: "What can you tell me about the change that came about this city?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 2:33 pm

"This robbery was a diversion," Haven Star says.

"By who?" Ananci asks in all of her ignorance.

"Who? The same 'Who' we've been tracking for a week.

Ananci then glances to Jericho. "Yes, I know. But explain it for him."

"Oh, of course. Anarchy. We've been stopping her jobs for almost a month. We only started tracking her last week. She's a slick one."

"Anarchy? Mega-Girl?"

"On the rare occasion that her good side shines through, yes."

Ananci then stops to think. Not only was she in the middle of somewhere she'd never heard of, she was thrown into a reality where Ms. America, a star spangled heroine, was now a local defender and the roles of Mega-Girl and Anarchy were reversed. Even her own history was somehow modified...but she knew better. She then walks over to Jericho to speak with him, Haven Star flying away. "Tell me more about this person you're looking for," she says to him.

[Attn: Same]

"Change? I can't say there's been much of a change since the place was built a while back. Hilary Wilcox is still the mayor, Haven City Defenders are still the top crop superheroes, just got a few newer members, and the same ol' freaks attack the place and get put down by 'em regularly," the shopkeeper says. "Anything else I can help you with, stranger?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 2:49 pm

Jericho sighs. Now is not the time for secret identities if he's to get to the bottom of this. "Her name is Rebecca Morrison" he began, "her alias is...Vivacious."

He thought the name was ridiculous. He really needed to get her to change it.

"You may not have heard of her, as she's only recently come out--under that ridiculous title..." he added under his breath. "She was about yay high," he held his hand flat at about her height, "sandy brown hair, green eyes, this mischievous looking face. Well, that's what she looks like normally. When she's--um--Vivacious, her hair and eyes are a bright glowing golden color.

"She's a bit rough around the edges sometimes, but she means well. And...very hyper. But...whatever happened in this time frame, all traces of her have been made to disappear. I'd almost believe she was dead except--for a minute--I sensed her life signature. It was brief, but it came from Haven City, I'm sure of it."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 3:07 pm

(Attn: Open)
"Hmmmm... No. But thank you."

Sam heads toward the exit of the shop, with more questions than before. One in particular starts to surface, and he stops in the doorway.

"Actually, what can you tell me about the Haven City Defenders?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 3:16 pm

"This place can't just pop up out of nowhere. Everyone seems to think the place has been here for years. Even the origins of a crap ton of superheroes other than Ms. America must be screwed with...what better way to solve an issue involving a city than locating the person in charge of it? All right, here's a deal. We keep in contact. If you're going to find your friend, then I need to find out what's going on. So...for now at least...partners?" Ananci then offers her hand.

[Attn: Sam]

"Oh, them? They're just a group of superheroes who decided to protect the city when the Adaptroid sentries can't be there. They're pretty good at their jobs, too."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 3:35 pm

"Do they have a central location, a headquarters or a base of some kind? And where is it?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 3:56 pm

Jericho looks at her hand then grasps it with a smile. "Partners, it is," he says. "Now, I'm new to this investigative stuff, did you have a place in mind to start?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th January 2012, 4:01 pm

"It seems to me that the only logical place for her to be is Town Hall. Other than that, I have no idea what we're working with," Ananci says.

"Ah, listen, pal, you're askin' the wrong guy. See, them Haven City Defenders ain't stereotypes...for the most part. Not a soul this side of Haven City knows where that base of their is. You're better off askin' a hero if you ever get the chance to talk to one. You got powers right? If you ask them to join, I'm sure they'll consider ya."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 4:07 pm

Jericho nods. "Alright, then," he says, "that's where we'll start. I think the rooftops will be faster, though."

Immediately he Moves, leaping several stories in a single jump, then another, till finally he's on the roof of a nearby apartment complex. Certain that Ananci can keep up, he sights where the building is and starts making his way to it.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 7:44 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Nero walks around the streets as Bone Wish his renegade self. *whats going on here... Why does this seem normal to all the citizens.. And what are these androids?* he asked himself, totally confused.

He than stopped in front of a passing human and asks "whats going on here? How did all this happen?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 11:58 pm

"Well, thank you anyways." Leaving the shop, Sam decides to try to find these "Haven City Defenders" and see what they had to offer him. They might be the only sane people left. After asking some random pedestrians which way the other side of the city is, Sam travels in that direction. After about an hour of walking, Sam stops a person walking by and asks, putting on his best polite attitude: "Do you know anything about where I might find the Haven City Defenders?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 8th January 2012, 12:12 am

Ananci takes note to this young man's scaling the building on only a few bounds. She aptly clings to the vertical surface herself and scales it, eventually reaching the top. She was in no particular hurry to jump up. She then leaps from rooftop to rooftop on her way to town hall with her temporary partner.

[Attn: Nero]

"What are you talkin' about? This? Do don't know your history, do you, pal? Easy. The place used to be some dump city called Wonder Hills. It got blown to smithereens and they rebuilt it a few years back in like record time. Revolutionary tech or something," says a civilian, ignorant to the flux in reality.

"Ah, I don't know. You might go ask the mayor at town hall. She's good friends with them, I hear."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 12:34 am

(Attn: open)
"Thank you."Finally, some progress Sam thought as he started toward the town hall. Thankfully, it was not hard to find. Opening the front door, Sam enter the building, starting to feel more like his usual wary self, instead of his polite displays. "Excuse me. Where is the mayor?" He asked one of the first people that he saw.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum