Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbrella Colony

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 5 Empty The Umbrella Colony

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd November 2013, 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Commander Mytrell, the Umbrella's head lead and a dark-skinned Turian with red markings on his face, is staring out at the planet before them, hands behind his back as he watches the terraforming process continue.  His eyes watch with an intensity over the pilot's head, whom many know as Jacquelyn.  She's quite well skilled and also bored--and who wouldn't be?  Still, everything is so quite here on the Command deck compared to elsewhere, as each member of Umbrella becomes more and more excited as the time passed.  They will be on land soon--instead of on this ship, where they have resided their whole life.  Of course, that will be after the scout parties, terraform analysis, and other such processes...Mytrell hopes his crew has patience on this morning.

Silla finds her way by his side, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.  He's not surprised by it, anymore, for sure, but it can be quite alarming to those that aren't used to her presence.  She is an agile Asari, both timid and agile, quiet and mysterious.  She smiles at him with greeting and speaks softly.  "Your orders, Commander?"

"Send the saints to the three moons of this planet.  I'll have them searched for anything useful and scouted--can't be too sure what we are living near around here.  We barely have information on the solar system."  Mytrell replies.

"Understood, Commander."  Silla says, "Anything else?"

"I want some scout teams prepared, along with some scientists to be readied for the first ground team within the next eighteen hours.  I want the top scientists out there--we need information on this planet as soon as possible--oh...and I'd like some Dragari tea, please.  Turian style."  

"Of course, Commander.  I shall return shortly."  Silla nods her head with closure and a quick salute before leaving the Command deck...life aboard the Umbrella is about to get busy, especially for her...so many commands and plans she'll have to help issue.  So many things to organize.

Last edited by Leah7 on 19th December 2013, 9:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 5 Empty Re: The Umbrella Colony

Post by Guest 17th December 2013, 7:45 pm

(ATTN : Mission people)

- The moon -

Thel ushers everyone towards the hangar and laughs at Alehina's complete and utter lack of interest to be with Craisa. "Hey Alehina, Since Craisa REALLY wants to be with Kardes, why don't you come with us? I know how to pilot the other mining rig and could show you. The cockpit is quite roomy, we should be able to comfortably fit in."

He walks over to Kardes, "Of course, it's entirely up to you. I figured it'd be kinda unfair and inefficient to have one team take both rigs. You should pilot and Lucius should guard you, if you ask me."

He turns to Ishmael, "Besides, the safest place for our little superstar is inside one of those rigs anyways."

He stands waiting to the exit from the bridge.

Last edited by WolfeBersahd on 17th December 2013, 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th December 2013, 7:48 pm

Lucius stands there, arms crossed leaning against the wall watching everything carefully, his mind acting as if he were an information AI, seeing the dossiers of each team member, almost like graphs in his head seeing the strengths and weaknesses of the groups as they are sorted.

He hears the crew getting ansey, and Thel blurting out. He then steps up, growing impatient.

"Permission to speak captain." Stepping up to Ishmael and Kardes. His old military days show in his posture, as if he is at attention, chin held high, eyes forward, hands behind his back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuto 17th December 2013, 9:00 pm

[ATTN: mission crew: Alehina, Craisa and Ishmael]

Karde perked his glance to Craisa who seemed very upity about going with him. "Not this time Craisa." He spoke to her, he had reasons for disagreeing it wasn't anything against the Asari he simply wanted to honor a promise he made to the little Diva  he made beforehand. This was a perfect chance for her to learn how to use the utility rigs.
Honestly Lucius' words had him anxious earlier and that anxiety hasn't left him he's just been masking it very well under the krogan helmet face-plate. As Alehina walked toward him and his second he quirked a brow up at her strong disapprovement of the other artist, his concerns we're voice as a grunt some rivalry maybe he'd ask later if they are at each other's throats but only for the mission's, he'd rather avoid conflicts in a crew.
Kuto
Kuto

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th December 2013, 11:29 pm

[Attn: Crew]

Ishmael nodded approval. "Well done, Karde," he said in agreement. "That sounds like a good match--"

He was interrupted by one of Craisa's outbursts followed by Lordene's vehement refusal. Was this "pop princess" still perturbed by today's earlier events? That seemed...petty.

"Lordene, calm down," Ishmael said. "Craisa," he added, giving her a firm look, "the teams have already been decided and you'll be with me on mine." It was Graveheart's turn to chime in. "I'm sure you pilot a rig just fine, Graveheart, but the rigs should stay together and the ones for the job have already been picked."

Finally, Vilithine spoke up. "Permission granted," he said. He always promoted an open door policy. Hopefully he could get these matters solved quickly so that they could be underway with the mission.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th December 2013, 1:40 am

Holding the floor, starts pacing back and forth, his look is stern and serious. "I must be the first to say that this is no joy ride." He shoots an unamused look at Thel, while he talks he looks at everyone equally and paces slowly, hands behind his back.

"First of all, each and everyone of you must be on your toes.." He now is standing in front of Alehina, and looks from Craisa then to Alehina "Putting personal matters behind you." He then turns and slowly looks around at various team members not seeming to direct anything at anyone anymore.

"We are a team, not a group. We work together regardless of status, needs, or your own endeavors. You have your roles, your own set of skills, some skills are shared, some are not. Your role is defined by your skills, do your job, or stay on this ship. Pirate activity has been getting worse, competition has done nothing but turned into greed. With the military stretched thin, its a free for all out there, more so than before."

Lucius is now standing next to Karde

"Some of us have seen more die for simple minerals and payment than even protecting and enforcing the colony. I would no longer call us all under one guild any longer, we are too divided. Karde split the teams up by my request of security, military personal on each team, to keep you all safe. To only consider where the minerals are in our plan of action, can lead to death. You are here under one goal, to mine minerals, but with no team there is no mining. Call me paranoid, call me worry some. But ask yourself this... what if I'm right?"

Lucius turns to Ishmael "That will be all captain."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 20th December 2013, 6:34 am

Craisa blinked and put on her own angry face. "I wasn't talking to you," she snapped back at her. She couldn't care less what squad Allehina wanted her to be in. She obviously was holding a grudge over the excitement Craisa caused earlier. Her expression smoothed out and she nodded. "Or, we could be in the same squad," she suggested, ignoring Allehina and walked by the bridge's exit, too.

"Okay, not this time," she grinned, "Next time!" She looked at Ishamel, who answered her also, "Mhm." Craisa was excited for this mission all the same with him as leader. About to leave, she paused when Lucius started pacing.

"Of course, we can't know what to expect on any mission." She thought Lucius was being thoughtful, but overly worrisome at the same time. The mission would be fun and no one was going to die. Allehina would probably forget about her again sooner or later, too. "We'll try our best," she patted her gun, winking, and walked to the hangar.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th December 2013, 6:02 pm

[Attn: Crew]

Ishmael nodded at the man's words. "Well said," he commented. "And I agree that an ounce of prevention beats a pound of cure. Karde, I'm sure you know what to do. Take your team and examine that cave. Good luck."

He turned to regard Craisa. "Craisa, I want you to set up a perimeter with the markers. Thel, you'll be with me surveying. You already know your job, please be careful," he added to the military officer, who nodded. "We know our jobs, let's move."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th December 2013, 11:18 pm

(ATTN : Mission Crew)

Garm had moved over to the group of Karde and he seemed ready for action, waiting near the door of the bridge's exit. Dreen on her part went closer to the other team members. Alehina somehow just now had noticed that this krogan was much smaller then the other... this one probably was female. She would always have trouble to remember what the female krogan looked like. They seemed so masculine that sometimes it was confusing.

It is then that Ishmael told her to calm down and she simply sigh. ''Whatever the cap'n wants.'' However Craisa's comment made it clear that she didn't care at all about what she had done nor knew the extend of damage it did to both the mission and her future freedom. And so it was hard for her to simply accept it.

At Thel's words, she smiled, but at the same time she didn't want to go in that team because Craisa was there. ''Well..... Technicly speaking I'm not exactly allowed to pilot one in a mission by myself. Not that I don't want to, but unless someone is supervising me fully or is showing me... well technicly by law I can't pilot one. Doesn't mean I can't figure it out, but I still don't have a permit for that... yet.'' She said shaking her shoulders.

Kargiel smiled ''Don't worry you'll get it eventually. ''

''Thanks Kargiel. '' She said with a smile.

Lucius had finally started to speak after getting the Captain's permission and she rolled her eyes in annoyance when he mentioned placing personal matter behind them. ''I'll still work, but I will not so to speak put this behind me or forgive her until she sincerly appologize and take a hold of what her actions earlier caused, seriously. What if she pulled something stupid like that again when the ennemy would be next to us ? Not sure I'll be able to trust her fully with keeping it low or keeping us safe. This is all I will say, but I will still do my part in this mission. '' Alehina still looked mad, but she started to move forward outside of the room.

''I can't believe they're all placing the blame on me when she's the one who did all this and knowing her she's almost proud of it, without a care in the world. I wonder if she'll ever grow some compassion and maybe a larger brain. '' Alehina thought while moving forward the others, not turning back.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 21st December 2013, 1:17 pm

[Attn: Storage Locker.]

Kydoimos reached his destination without an incident or anything that would fall under his purview that required his attention. He now stood before the entrance to his personal storage locker, after going though four different check points. Each check had required passwords, and identification by the attending VI's.

Raising his hand to the access panel caused it to project it's keyboard. Accessing his own omni-tool, he engaged Haptic Adaptive Interface protocol and connected with the lock. The interface field expanded around Kydoimos to such an extent that it nearly completely surrounded him. Then Kydoimos input his password which consisted of over ten thousand digits, letters, characters, and symbols from several different Organic Species. The concern that it might cause Epileptic Seizures in Organics had crossed Kydoimos before, but he hadn't attempted to with any nearby. The computer took a second to confirm the password and then admitted Kydoimos, before sealing him inside.

Inside an entire wall was devoted to a Military grade secure weapon locker, which housed weapons specifically constructed for his use. It also was equipped with it's own excessively complex and unique password that many organics would view as paranoid. Aside from that there existed a Grey Cube which was a computer complete with a limited 5ft wireless system that pointed into the room, and his maintenance rig.

Only the Cube was owned by Kydoimos, everything else was loaned to him for an unspecified amount of time. Technically even Kydoimos himself wasn't his own property, and there existed a infinitely tiny chance that would change anytime soon considering that Kydoimos wasn't paid at all. He did however hold out a tiny hope that the Organics might either allow him to acquire it through continued service or gift it to him. Technically no laws existed regarding AI's owning anything, though several laws where in place regarding Synthetic repression.

On the extranet there existed an extensive amount of data regarding ownership of property, The Geth and Synthetics. During the Reaper Wars, the Second Shepard had activated the Crucible and there by destroyed the Reapers and all Synthetic life, there had been no known survivors. EDI and Kydoimos both had been created after the incident and met with large skepticism, though eventually permitted due to Cerberus influence. The Geth had not been restored, nor had any new Synthetic races been constructed or discovered. The economic costs of the wars were staggering to Organics but somehow they had started to overcome it. They'd even somehow managed to restore most of the Mass Relays and improve their working knowledge of them to such an extent that they theoretically could build one. That was one such project that the colony would be undertaking, eventually opening this section of the Universe to the rest and further extending Council control. The necessary Element Zero to construct such a relay would take considerable time to gather even with possibly recycling Umbrella in it's construction. It was amazing just how industrious Organics could be, even if they weren't as efficient as machines.

The maintenance rig opened and admitted him, it's field and arms locking him in place. The Rig contained most of the materials to replace the vast majority of his systems, though he wasn't allowed to alter them except in specific ways. As the controls connected to Kydoimos he simultaneously accessed his Archive and input his new non-classified data into it. The Rig detached his arm and stored the Electric Vulcan in the Military locker where he would retrieve it later an hour before the mission. In the meantime it outfitted him with his anthropomorphic (Humanoid) arm, which would be far less startling as he traversed the ship.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 22nd December 2013, 10:18 pm

[Attn: Ishmael, open]

Craisa nodded, "Got it."  It was one of her usual responsibilities and she liked it, too. Marking the perimeter was easy, plus she got to scope out the area before anyone else.

She looked around and just ahead of her were the supply lockers. She ran to the nearest one and entered the standard 4-digit security code on the dial pad without looking. It clicked, and the door open just a crack. In a hurry to start the mission, she jerked it open and scanned it's contents. At the top was a small bag that she recognized to hold the plot markers. She grabbed it and headed back to Ishmael. "I've got the plot markers! When are we heading onto the moon, captain?" She smiled widely and started talking too fast, "We should go now, does everyone have their gear ready?" This was going to be a blast, she'd go as far out as possible to get good samples.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 24th December 2013, 3:32 pm

[Attn: Group]

Ishmael was putting the finishing touches on getting his gear equipped as Craisa was running about like a child on a sugar rush. "We're heading out, now," he told her in response to her query. "You are to report back to me immediately after you have finished, Sari." Best way to keep her out of trouble was to keep her busy.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th December 2013, 4:35 pm

[ATTN: Mission group]

The group breaks, splitting into two teams, Lucius begins heading towards the hangar, he has done this many times before, this is just a bigger asteroid essentially. He opens the doors to the armory, and without stopping his pace, he grabs a couple thermal clips off the shelf, adding to his current supply. The doors to the hanger opens, revealing the large open room. IN the center lies the mechs, all prepped up and ready to go, catwalks about 10 ft from the floor stretching along the perimeter of the room. All sorts of other kinds of equipment is sort of scattered along the edges. Lucius finds his mech and runs a diagnostics on it, checking for any last minute faults. All checks out good.

Lucius syncs his omni tool with the mech and it crouches down, opening it's hatch. Suddenly Lucius feels a meaty hand and a tug on his shoulder. A deep gruff voice radiates from behind him "If anything happens I want you to use that ridge as a vantage point, and cover our escape." It was obviously Karde.

"You can count on me, and Karde?" asks Lucius

Karde responds roughly, "What is it Grub?"

Lucius smirks, "Lets give them hell."

"Give rocks hell?" replies Karde, only Lucius would know of the comedic tone Karde was using, "Get in the rig Grub."

Lucius just chuckles and gets in, he salutes his friend as the hatch closes, darkness encloses around Lucius, the only light shines from his omni-tool.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everything goes dark, floating in darkness, as if in a pod, enclosed from time itself.
Suddenly, blinding light.
Flashback

The pod opens and Lucius falls on the floor of the hallway. Emergency lights are flashing, the general light tone is red. The beeping of alarms going off in the steel corridor. It's a ship, a frigate class ship.

"Lucius, Vilithine, Starbound Batalian V. Gods, we are under attack"

Around him are massive pipes leading to uknown locations, The form walls, even under the metal grate are pipes, the room is humid and hot. Lucius gets up on his hands and knees, and pukes. Suddenly from his comm comes a voice "Lucius! Lucius you were in cryo sleep, the frigate is under attack, head to the armory, there are markers in front of you, find them, we will speak when you get geared. Command out"

"UGghhh" grunts Lucius as he stands up,  and bolts towards the armory. He approaches the door and it opens, on the other side of the door is two armed humanoids. Bodies of Umbrella troops lay near, a couple, one human, one Turian, blood spilled and bleeding over the floor, appearing lifeless and recently killed.

"Medium armored, likely bulk troops, raising guns, incapacitation is best option."

Lucius continues his sprint and tackles the the soldier closest on the right side. The other soldier holds up his gun but hesitates to shoot while Lucius and the other soldier wrestle on the ground. Lucius uses momentum and swings the soldier up and throws him into the other one. Both fall over on top of each other, Lucius leaps from a rifle from one of the dead, grabs it and fires a burst of rounds, killing both soldiers. Lucius inputs the code for the armory, it opens to a large narrow room, blue in lighting and very well light, he throws the rifle on the ground and walks into the room, and sees the numbers "138" He holds up his omni-tool to the numbers a voice comes from it "Identity confirmed. Access Granted" the long locker doors open up and the suit pops out along with his weapons. He gets into his armor, and grabs his Phaeston, Mantis, Predator, and Katana. Keeping his Phaeston in hand, and the others holstered, his visor and HUD turn on, displaying his vitals, ammo, shields, mission markers, and other information.

The voice comes again in his comm "Good you're geared up, head to the bridge expect resistance this is priority code: CCM Red"

"Yes sir, on my way." Replies Lucius, "CCM Red?... CCM.... Council Member on board? Oh this is bad, very bad."

Lucius opens the door to an elevator shaft he types in the codes and the elevator goes up to the proper level, the doors open the the long corridors leading to the bridge. Troops fill the corridor, and beyond it seems they are trying to cut their way into the bridge.

"Enemy contact!" yells on of the troops and fires  a few round at Lucius. Ducking, and running low, he gets hit by a few rounds, though his shields take the blow, and rolls into cover. The entire hallway is alerted of his position now. He takes a few grenades and throws them into the crowd, *BANG, BANG BANG* a few scream and fly in various directions. He holds up his rifle and peeks out firing at one soldier, the burst hits the contact accurately and the soldier falls dead to the ground, but quickly several round are fired from down the hallway and now Lucius is pinned in cover. He rolls to another piece of torn metal form the ships hull, and leans out, firing a  few more rounds, hitting a couple soldiers. He then reloads and grabs his shotgun. He waits for a moment, he hears footsteps creep closer and closer, and leaps out and blasts a heavily armored humanoid, the humanoid falls on the ground. Lucius walks over and stabs him with his omni blade in the throat. He then looks up and a missle is heading straight for him, he jumps out of the way and it hits the wall behind him. He then grabs his pistol in his left hand and fires, missing the rocket trooper. He jumps into cover and holds his hand to his ear "Sir! Heavy resistance in the R1 hallways, Advise!" yells Lucius. The voice replies, "Make sure your suit is locked and hold on, opening the windows, and emergency maintenance panels." Lucius uses his Omni-Blade and stabs into the ground. The certain parts of the hallway and the windows open quickly, Lucius holds on for dear life, and anything that isn't bolted down or secured gets sucked into the vacuum of space. "Thanks, on my way." States Lucius. He runs towards the bridge, and opens it, his Sargent has a rifle held up, Lucius salutes and his superior lowers his rifle, a tall and strong Turian, his armor looks like it has taken a beating. "Glad you made it, the ships under attack and we need to get the council member off the ship, they appear to want him alive." The Sargent re closes the blast doors to the bridge. Through the windows you can see a massive fleet to fleet battle, ship debris is everywhere, massive amounts of devastation and destruction. "Why didn't you use the life pod here?' asks Lucius

"They must have known which one the councilor was on, they seemed to target this one with fighters and boarding craft only, the others were hit with the their fleets force, we are holding them off, and winning, but we must get the councilor to safety, to answer your question more directly, someone on the inside must have sabotaged us, what ever pods weren't launched got fried." says the Sargent. Lucius looks at the councilor, Human about 6 feet tall, broad, and seems to be well kept. "Councilor, you have fighting experience?" asks Lucius, the councilor grins and holds up his rifle "I was a admiral of a fleet and a commander on the field before I was asked to be the councilor." Lucius nods and smirks, though it was unseen from his full face helmet. "What do you suggest we do then Sargent?" The military man, scratches his chin in thought, and says "Another wave will more than likely be coming, there is a maintenance shaft that goes down, if you use it, it will get you down to the lower levels, from there you can use the routes to get to the hangars." Lucius nods and begins to head over to the little tunnel, but then stops and asks "Aren't you coming with us?" The Sargent just smirks "I've got more of these bafoons to kill, I got an entire ship to avenge, I'll hold out here." Lucius nods and heads down shaft and continues with the councilor.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lucius comes back to reality, and then turns on his mech with the omni-tool. The entire cockpit lights up and the metal can be seen through now, as if it were glass. "This is Lucius, i'm ready."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 25th December 2013, 7:54 pm

(ATTN : Ishmael's Group, Open)

[Ishmael, Craisa, Kargiel, Dreen, Thel]

- The Large Moon/Salvage Spaceship -

Kargiel followed behind Ishmael and smiled. ''This little one sure have a lot of energy. ''

''Your orders Cap'n ?'' Dreen asked mostly to know if she had to watch over the hyperactive kid or not.

Kargiel looked at Dreen ''We're going out I believe.''

(ATTN : Karde's Group, Open)

[Karde, Lucius, Garm, Alehina]

While moving toward the hangar, Alehina sees that she doesn't have her weapon. She turns toward Karde, Lucius and Garm and says ''I'll be back, need to grab my weapon... I forgot it in my bag... I think.''

''You think ? Hmph... I'll come with you. You guys go on and get those machines ready.'' Garm said with his rough voice as his heavy footstep followed behind the diva who was already running to her bag which she left into the lockers.

Opening her locker she search through it and find her predator. ''I should be glad I asked Kamila to pack for me... otherwise I would have most likely used the weapon of another. ''

''You got what you were searching for little girl ?'' Garm asked.

''Yep ! Sorry for the little .... erm detour. '' Alehina said to him.

''Hmph... Let's hurry back... And take a habit not to forget that in the future.'' Garm said to her.

''Yes yes... oh mighty bodyguard !'' With this said she started to run back toward the hangar.

Garm let out a noise of annoyance and ran after her, catching up to her easilly and grabbing her and placing her on his shoulder. ''You're not fast enough, you'd be dead meat there.''

''Woah ! Hey watch how you're grabbing me !'' Alehina answered and when they finally made it to the hangar again, the two rigs seeemed ready to go.

Garm let go of Alehina ''Loved the ride princess ?''

Alehina glared at him with annoyance.

''I suppose not. '' Garm said. ''I hope you didn't forget to lock your helmet too. Cause we're going out soon. ''

''N-No...'' Alehina said double checking to be sure. Which reminded her how... she had not sweeper or small ship at this time to go around. It's most likely that she would have to walk outside. Last time she walked on something in space she almost drifted away. ''Kaaaarde ! Can I ride with youuu ?'' She asked with the cutest face ever... at least she was trying to look cute, was probably hard to see with the helmet on.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 28th December 2013, 10:37 am

[Attn:Residental Storage Locker - Closed]

The Retrofit of Kydoimos' left arm proceeds successfully, the limb clamping into place and establishing a connection. Fingers begin to twitch and flex then the rest of the arm flexes as the confirmation lights proceed with the all clear. 'Signal transference: Nominal. No abnormalities detected in manual testing.' thinks the droid to itself.

Kydoimos' activates the release mechanism, which disengages the locking arms and opens the rigs doors. Then he strides over to the armory and engages the security lock, spending time to input the correct clearance code.

The terminal accepts the code and allows access to Kydoimos.
Kydoimos' Armory Interface:

The armory hatch clicked as the selected guns were moved to the dispenser area. The hatch hisses open, extends out the rotates from vertical to the horizontal position like a small bench. Kydoimos then picks up each weapon, inserts the clips and hostlers them. The pistol and sub-machine gun both going at his hips, which clamp them in place. Kydoimos then picks up the Argus and flips it over his shoulder were it locks in place as well. Lastly he picks up the ammo holster and puts that around his waist, the belt adjusts with a whir and cinches in place. All that remains was for him to insert the clips, which he does, making sure his systems tag which clip in positioned where, even though it was unlikely that he could forget such a thing.

Extending his hand to the control, Kydoimos Presses the button to close the bench since he has finished arming himself. The Armory closes and locks itself down till the next time it's clearance code is input. With that Kydoimos is finally geared up for possible security work during his remaining free-roaming time. Leaving the Storage locker (which seals behind him automatically), Kydoimos pulls up one of the personnel records and heads to that organic's occupational area taking the leisurely route that will cut through agricultural.

[ATTN: Residential Sector/Agricultural - Open]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 30th December 2013, 12:38 pm

[Attn: Ishmael Group]

"Indeed," Ishmael said in response to Kargiel. "Dreen, I want you on the perimeter. Keep an eye out for trouble. Everyone, make sure your frequencies are open to channel 3. Let's move."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th December 2013, 6:48 pm

[ATTN: Mission group]

Thel has been silent and just observing the operating circumstances of the mission group. His job of field engineer has obviously been completely overlooked by both the captain and the first officer. Therefore he has fallen back to simple scanner duty and secondary security.

[Attn: Ishmael Group]

Thel sets his radio to channel 3 and pulls up links his omni-tool (or portable custom fore arm integrated computer if he's not allowed to use an omni-tool) to the ships scanners.

He says nothing, and simply nods to Ishmael that he is ready.

He smiles to Alehina, and winks at her before closing his helmet visor.

[Attn: Alehina]

Thel pesters a bit with his gadgets, and Alehina's cell phone vibrates in her but cheek. (Thel had contact with her phone. It's how he got her number and how he set his number to always vibrate)

The Text:
"Hey, well I guess you're going to be instructed by ore-for-brains, hope there's enough room in the rig for the both of you!. Maybe I could set up a virtual system back home and show you how to properly pilot a rig with something other than greed as motivation."

Legend:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuto 30th December 2013, 9:58 pm

[ATTN: Lucius, Alehina, non-existent Garm]

The orders we're clear and they would all move along to the hangar, the Krogan had a very heavy and lumbering way of walking almost a like the limp of some large heavy bellowing beast namely called a "bookah" on some odd planets. His armor flowed a blue streak on every segment between plating which were white with the occasionally black plate, his helmet had already retracted to his face, his eyes appearing through it , inside he was fed information through a constantly updating HUD.

Vitals
suit power
Oxygen levels
Communication signs and vital signs of the other members of the team as well as Ishmael's team
And a threat detector with a warning triangle that raised and turned orange whenever closed to an identified threat.

Everything was good, or so the VI which interfaced in his suit stated, they were ready for this. He headed onto the hangar, it included two large Mechanized units namely their utility rigs and a Mako truck they'd use to ferry the ore. He nodded to the girl as she went away to pickup her weapon, he gave a nod to Garm as he followed her and as she left he went to tug on Lucius' arm.

"If anything happens I want you to use that Rig as a vantage point, and cover our escape." He told him gruffly, the blank expression of his helmet did'nt let on his anxieties but he figured Lucius could catch on to his plan, If things got hairy.

"You can count on me, and Karde?" Lucius asked

"What is it Grub?"

"Lets give them hell."

Give who hell? What was he talking about? Frankly Karde wanted no hell he had been in one for four years and it was enough, he simply shook his head and answered humorously. "Give rocks hell?" He tapped his shoulder and nodded. "Get in the rig Grub."

As Lucius readied his rig it was time for him to enter his own, conveniently it had a crane that deployed, with a plastic handle at its end it was already down, Karde slipped his foot in the handle tugged the rope and easily he was lifted up to the cockpit. Opening the bulkhead hatch he slipped in and readied the machine, flipping the switches on the top. He did'nt have an omni tool that made the job easy everything was manual, so many gages and switched litered the cockpit it was almost overwhelming and so many things could go wrong if one thing was set horribly. But this was'nt some rank rookie at the helm; this was his territory, a rig was his home. Something about how all the lights activated in the cockpit was heartwarming to him, the VI that announce the machines status was like a butler to him.

"CUES-model 0037 booting" Said a monotone male voice. "System launch, Normal mode Activated." The VI continued.
The machine awoke, its headlights flashed and its metallic cockpit screen became clear on the inside. The rig was a loud machine almost producing a roar of as it activated, taking a step forward, its left claw rotating, its right hand drill activating, all was clear, Karde was now ready to deploy and Alehina would witness the thing rise up from its slumber.

"I need you to pilot the Mako for me Alehina. I'll show you how the rigs work when we get there, like I promised." He answered through the comms of his in-helmet radio. "Lucius get ready to stand by and deploy." He walked the mech to the gates of the hangar and awaited for ishmael or someone to open them.
Kuto
Kuto

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 31st December 2013, 3:37 pm

(ATTN : Ishmael's Group, Open)

[Ishmael, Craisa, Kargiel, Dreen, Thel]

''Yes sir. '' Dreen made sure she was on channel 3 and moved in position.

(ATTN : Karde's Group, Open)

[Karde, Lucius, Garm, Alehina/Thel]

Karde answered Alehina by mentionning the Mako which she probably have missed within the equipment list. But as she turned she noticed it in the hangar of the ship. ''Oh.... Riiiight....'' She exclaim about it a bit in disappointement, but happiness at the same time. Guess she wouldn't need to step outside of the ship that much then.

Before she would head out to the mako, she could sense something vibrate on her butt cheek and as she did not see it coming, jumped a bit. While walking, she took out her celphone and saw a text on the hologram screen coming out of it. ''How did he get my celphone.... ? ... Wait... he couldn't have ?'' She thought while remembering when she asked him to take that picture for her. Garm had been following her it would seems so she was trying to be rather subtle about her texting back.

The text back :
''Well he said he would show me a bit later and that I have to pilot the Mako for now.... By the way you could have asked before adding my number y'know. Anyhow, talk to you later, about to get to the wheel.''

Garm said ''I'll go open the gate and join you inside the mako after.''

''Right.'' Alehina said getting inside the mako which looked like this(Minus the cannon on the top) ;

The Umbrella Colony - Page 5 37-16-693790

''Well... let's see what this little mako have in the stomach. '' She said while waiting for the gate to open and starting the engine of the mako.

Last edited by HikariKuragari on 1st January 2014, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st January 2014, 12:35 pm

[ATTN:  CLOSED]

Saylia is asleep.  A rare thing, considering her insomnia and high levels of discomfort.  Her breathing is soft, gentle, and steady.  The window near to her bed has the image of the planet and its two moons, shining in the distance among the stars.  The window is usually off, showing nothing but black, but tonight, it shines down on her face with a dim light of hope, illuminating her rested countenance and showing the rarest of contented expressions.  

Her room is immaculate--a place for everything and everything in its place.  All of the shelves are impacted neatly into the walls, books neatly aligned and counter-tops all cleaned and empty, barren and dusted with extreme tidiness.  

Her eyes flutter momentarily from the dream:
The little girl clings to her mother's hair as she sits in her lap, giggling at her pretty face tattoos.  They are new, so her skin is so red and irritated, despite the newest technology for inking one's skin.  It is always red for the first hour.  It is teal, matching her mother's hair dye.

"Mommy, did it hurt?"  She asks sweetly with curiosity.  She tilts her head to the side slightly as her mother shakes her head no, laughing a little and telling her that it didn't hurt at all.  

----------------------------------------

The gurney now holds her mother's resting figure; the little girl not so little, anymore.  The teal dye has worn out of her hair, for the most part, revealing patches of brown towards the scalp.  Her skin is so pale, her stiff hand so cold, but she holds it anyway as tears stream down her face.  

"We have to take her now, honey."  Her father said with a whisper as he gently pulls her away.  "It's time to let go."

The teenage Saylia looks back at her father as they carry her mother away.  "Why....?  Why couldn't she have been a Krogan?  Then she would have lived longer."

"It doesn't work that way, sweety."  Her father said, pulling her into a hug.

----------------------------------------

A flash.  There's a flash, an image (no, a memory) of a Krogan, fierce with sharp teeth bearing down on her, his entire clawed hand and arm thrust into Saylia's right shoulder, ripping at the bone and muscle.  His eyes are fierce and yellow, burning bright with violent need to rip her apart.  

Another flash, Saylia's tattered and torn body etched into her mind as she laid in the medical bay bed, the mirrors revealing the damaged arm, shoulder...revealing the missing parts of her face within all of the gore and blood that had once been there to accompany what was missing.  All of this remembered as the little girl that Saylia used to be echoes a line in her mind:

"Why couldn't she have been a Krogan?"  Little Saylia asks as older Saylia weeps from the pain, as she feels her body grow numb, as the Krogan growls before ripping off chunks of her skin.

Saylia's eyes snap open, her body still as a small whish is heard, a bright light of the hallway flooding into the room and a shadow casting over her just as the door closes to hide the room into darkness once again.  She's still trying to wake up, but the feeling of danger lights up her mind to alertness and she instantly rolls off of her bed away from the intruder, falling to the ground and using the bed as cover.

Saylia flips up the bed as shots are fired, a mental command frantically switching her eye-sight of her implants to that of infrared.  The sounds of bullets impact against the metal plate that is underneath her bed frame and echoes throughout the space as she silently regrets having extra sound-proofing technology installed into her small room.  Sure, it helps insomnia, but this...sucks.  It becomes quickly obvious that her attacker's weapon has a silencer mod and thankfully is using small caliber rounds--though her poor bed won't be lasting much longer.  

Saylia grunts as she crouches up behind the bed, grabbing it up by the base and using the wall behind her as leverage to lift up the heavy thing and push forward against the red figure.  She rushes, colliding into the intruder and knocking him into the door, which opens as they both spill awkwardly into the floor with the bed between them.  The light pours in, and Saylia stands as quickly as she is able.  The attacker pushes the table off of himself and goes to stand and she acts--taking advantage of her close-quarters-combat skills to kick the gun away and proceed to beat the ever-living shit out of the asshole and disable her infrared vision to get a good look at him.

The attacker is a male Turian, probably in his prime, early twenties, by the looks of the bright markings on his face.  They begin to exchange blows, and it becomes evident that the Turian is much less skilled than she.  Soon, she overpowers the Turian and renders him unconscious in the hallway.  A few bystanders notice the brawl in its early stages and rush off, to get to a safe distance and notify U-Sec.  By the time she has him handled, several officers are arriving on the scene, looking alert.  

Saylia steps away from the unconscious form as the U-Sec officers move to check his vitals, detain him, and question her.  As the Turian is cuffed and Saylia raises her hands to show that she has no weapons or intent to harm, she begins to answer their inquiries as her eyes dart to that of her open doorway, a new question echoing in her mind.  "How did he hack my door?  He has nothing to hack on him..."  It looks as though she'll have to spend the next hour or so answering questions, being drug around to the U-Sec Quarters, and waiting for them to confirm that the gun isn't hers.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 1st January 2014, 6:15 pm

[Attn. Ishmael's squad]

"Sure. Now let's go onto the moon, already!" Craisa ran over to the air lock and forced open the heavy door. She gestured for her team to follow. It closed behind them with a thud and air began to fill the small room. She took a deep breath and put her helmet on, making sure that it was secure. The air continued to pour in for about 20 seconds while Craisa stood silently ready to rush onto the moon. When it finally stopped, the dial pad used to unlock the door turned a green color. Craisa input the code quickly, almost making an error in her haste, then opened it.

She blinked. "Woah." the gravity made her feel slightly heavier at her first step but it was nothing she wasn't used to. What caught her attention was the huge yellow patches blotching the surface. She looked at Ishmael, "I'll start from here and go out that way." Craisa crouched down and pulled a plot marker out of the bag and drilled it into the yellow rock. She poked at it, then yelled in excitation, "This is so cool!" She looked around her, seeing nothing but the subdued color rock, "but.. this must be the only one," she noted.

After running out for what seemed to be a few hundred meters she spotted another spot and drilled the last marker into it, creating somewhat of a square. "It's all set, Ishmael!" She stopped to catch her breath, drilling them into the hard rock took some effort on her part, then said, "Should I collect some samples, I want to see if it is yellow underneath. Oh, and it looks like there are more spots!" Craisa smiled. She wanted to be the first to find out, she was curious.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd January 2014, 8:26 pm

[Attn. Alehina]

The text back :
''Well he said he would show me a bit later and that I have to pilot the Mako for now.... By the way you could have asked before adding my number y'know. Anyhow, talk to you later, about to get to the wheel.''

Thel is tapping away at his omnitool (forearm PC) as he's waiting around.

Text reply to Alehina:
"Oh, well it wouldn't be this much fun if you knew ahead of time, now owuld it? Have fun driving. Be safe."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd January 2014, 4:21 pm

[Attn: Craisa]

As soon as they were out of the airlock, Craisa had taken off like a shot. It was like...dealing with a teenager on a sugar high. Oh well. As long as she does her job.

He'd barely started surveying than she had returned. "Alright," he replied, "just make sure you're thorough. I don't want any rushed scans."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th January 2014, 3:53 am

Lucius finishes starting up his mech, hearing the comm chatter "Sir, vitals are good, all systems operational, we are good to go, awaiting your signal"

The mech is all too familiar to him. It moves as fluidly as he does, and as quickly as he thinks. He awaits in his mech awaiting the doors to open and allow them to move on with their mission. In his mind, he is constantly evaluating his surroundings, creating plans for escape and protection for every second. He of course is no AI, but his mind comprehends common plans of ambush and attack. He is worried though he does have a job to do so he is focused.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gateway Bot 12th January 2014, 10:36 am

[Hello, this is Avildar (Phillips) posting for Leah who is having elbow trouble this morning. So yep, hope you can deal with my horrible posting. Thanks and have fun.]

[Attebion: Cadence, Closed]

"How's it looking down there Malik?" Admiral Thessian asks regarding the salvage crews on the moon.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Minor squabbles but out patrols seem to be keeping it under control."

"Just as expected." So far the salvage teams had kept their blasted infighting to a minimum thanks to the Military presense. Eventually they'd fall back to it once their 'big brother' wasn't around anymore to watch them. "Keep an eye on them all. Dragula. How's the com-chatter?"

"Their keeping mostly to themselves, but the reports from the teams we sent with them are still all green." Which was to be expeted, it was a barren moon after all. If something did occur, it'd be all because of the crews down there. At least unless something came up from the planet, but so far no reports showed anything terrestrial capable of space flight, so odds were low. Dragula spoke into his headset for a minute and pressed the reciever to his ear with a hand as he listened to the response. "Rickenbacker and Takamura both show the Green Light and have nothing New to Report."

"Next shift change due in three hours." Malik reminded them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Attention: Salvage Crews]

Youve been making steady progress in your excavation work of your sector. The over all progress going slightly faster than expected, though many of the desired minerals, metals, elements and compounds are not quite as rich as your team might desire to recoup the cost of lost time for their late arrival.

Scans so far have shown that the moon has little in way of sedimentary rocks and mostly has large concentrations of igneous type rock formations. Though several metal dense areas have been found by the crews and even members of your own teams, the over all mining is slow.

Your Team is nearing around 3-4 hours of work time on the moon, and would most likely be scheduled for a small break to get some food and use the lavatories. The military ships sometimes fly over head as they keep up there patrol.

[Attention Kuto/Lucius] As you are drilling you begin to experience an odd sort of grinding noise arising sporadically though the drills have no real problem with it and it passes quickly, most likely a tiny formation of metals or basalt granules. Eventually though Karde will hit a particularly dense patch again and the drill will start over heating and throwing up sparks as it tries to get lodged in what ever you're drilling into.

[Out of Character--

Examination will show some sort of ultra-hard synthetic material compound, and excavation/scanning will show the partially destroyed remains of some sort of reaper-esque shaped creature. It's size however is incredibly small, perhaps only the size of a typical car so somewhere in the 3 meter range. Under the synthetic chitin there will be fossilized organic material.]
Gateway Bot
Gateway Bot
Administrator

SirNewsALot

https://gateway-2-rpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 12th January 2014, 2:44 pm

[Attn: Ishmael's group]

"Okay, everyone," Ishmael called over the comm. "It is time for a break. You have half an hour, enjoy it. Good work."

He headed back toward the ship, having to fight skipping back. Shasta had sent a lunch to him. Her cooking was to die for.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top