Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Umbrella Colony

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 2 Empty The Umbrella Colony

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd November 2013, 7:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Commander Mytrell, the Umbrella's head lead and a dark-skinned Turian with red markings on his face, is staring out at the planet before them, hands behind his back as he watches the terraforming process continue.  His eyes watch with an intensity over the pilot's head, whom many know as Jacquelyn.  She's quite well skilled and also bored--and who wouldn't be?  Still, everything is so quite here on the Command deck compared to elsewhere, as each member of Umbrella becomes more and more excited as the time passed.  They will be on land soon--instead of on this ship, where they have resided their whole life.  Of course, that will be after the scout parties, terraform analysis, and other such processes...Mytrell hopes his crew has patience on this morning.

Silla finds her way by his side, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.  He's not surprised by it, anymore, for sure, but it can be quite alarming to those that aren't used to her presence.  She is an agile Asari, both timid and agile, quiet and mysterious.  She smiles at him with greeting and speaks softly.  "Your orders, Commander?"

"Send the saints to the three moons of this planet.  I'll have them searched for anything useful and scouted--can't be too sure what we are living near around here.  We barely have information on the solar system."  Mytrell replies.

"Understood, Commander."  Silla says, "Anything else?"

"I want some scout teams prepared, along with some scientists to be readied for the first ground team within the next eighteen hours.  I want the top scientists out there--we need information on this planet as soon as possible--oh...and I'd like some Dragari tea, please.  Turian style."  

"Of course, Commander.  I shall return shortly."  Silla nods her head with closure and a quick salute before leaving the Command deck...life aboard the Umbrella is about to get busy, especially for her...so many commands and plans she'll have to help issue.  So many things to organize.

Last edited by Leah7 on 19th December 2013, 9:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

The Umbrella Colony - Page 2 Empty Re: The Umbrella Colony

Post by xenolion 12th November 2013, 8:21 pm

{Attn: Imadore, Kaed, Alehina ,Open}

“She is a delight Kaed. You will have your hands full when she gets older.” Sonali warns him. She covers her mouth to hide the smile at Imadore's antics as the reach the room. It appears they are not the only ones that want to catch a glimpse of the planet. Being a doctor, she's been awake for a little longer

“Looks like a crowded room. Well have fun with Imadore.” Sonali stands back away from the people crowding at the window.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 14th November 2013, 7:16 pm

(ATTN : Solani, Imadore, Kaed, open)

Alehina smiles seeing the kid who seemed so impatient about seeing that planet. It could be seen barely from the corner of the window. Soon she would be able to see it a bit better herself soon. The fact that she was pretty small in that crowd didn't help her to see the through it. Still this little child made her think of herself a while back, even sometimes in the present she acts excited like a kid however.

The man and the woman in black suits were starring at the crowd from a distance and they almost seemed fishy as they were really focused and immobile. Lucky them however, the crowd didn't have their attention on them. Kamila however was getting impatient.

''How long ? '' She whisper to her partner.

''Sheesh you're impatient.'' Darian replies.

''I can't stand this, they're all to close to h-'' She stop herself as Darian give her a glare and she tries to calm down.

''See, it's chill.'' Darian said with a smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 16th November 2013, 1:24 pm

ATTN: Ishmael
Craisa hummed to herself as she followed Ishmael down the lengthy hallway. She looked at Ishamel confused when they reached the north window. He seemed to be fixated on the window. "What's going on.. Oh, Alehina must be attracting everyone's attention again," she concluded without much thought. There was a huge crowd surrounding the window all shoving their way forward, she'd never seen them so eager to get close to the pop star before.

"We're never going to find her with everyone in the way, especially since everyone's freaking out!" Craisa pouted. "We should call her name, as far as I know there's only one Alehina on the ship." Craisa took a deep breath and cupped her hands around her mouth. "ALEHINA!!"
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 16th November 2013, 2:52 pm

[Attn: Residential Sector, Open]

Kydoimos continued what couldn't be considered a patrol considering he wasn't on policing duty. He walked down the steps, noting the planters of flowers that ran alongside the railing. Personally Kydoimos was content with plain utility of spaces, but he understood that Organics required not just breathable air but aesthetic things to please them or they would be prone to mental and psychological degradation.

Not to mention that the colony required vegetation for consumption and healthy atmospheric conditions. However over his long service slight changes had arisen from the melding of cultural and racial perspectives. It was confusing that so many different sentient organics could maintain homeostasis for such a prolongs period, if one ignored minor errors and inconsistencies.

He maneuvered aside for a riot of Krogan youngsters, who seemed to be off to play. Odd how language had unique terms for groups of creatures. Parliament of Owls, Murder of Crows, Schools of Fish, Collective of Quarians, Conclave of Asari; Each group had a term(s) that was associated to a collective group, and a group of Krogan children was called a Riot... Organics, so bizarre.

The sudden sound of mist played over the tiny gardens as the automated systems activated to water them. Kydoimos paused and watched this form of artificial precipitation. It wasn't as pleasing as the memories he had loaded as actual rain but it was still enjoyable. To a synthetic such as himself there was little difference between the data of a loaded file and that of his systems stored away.

However Kydoimos did understand that many Organics did view a difference. Each creature had it's senses, and they differed between the races. Though from researching them, he understood they preferred memories over acquiring them by ulterior means.

He flexed his hand, looking down at it. The sensors indicated pressure and stress, that was all... Letting his arm fall back down to his side he continued his walk, choosing to make a detour towards the storage block. There where machines that apparently feel and had senses like those of Organics, but Kydoimos doubted that. After all they where machines, and to borrow a coined Organic reference, "Everyone experiences life through their own eyes."

Kydoimos viewed the world like any other machine, through data and sensors. Did Kydoimos wonder about what it was like to be Organic? It would be difficult to sympathize with them if he didn't attempt to. By understanding them, he increased his ability to work alongside them. It improved the odds of success for any mission undertaken involving them.

There was a simple truth, a universal and insurmountable wall: "Machines are Made, Organics are Born." Even with the improvements to technology and the creation of Synthetic Intelligence, this wall couldn't be surmounted. So though he was one of these SI's, that would perish if his Blue Box was destroyed, did he desire to be organic?

Simply enough Kydoimos knew what he was. Acquisition of information to understand organics aside, he knew how he'd been made. There was never any doubt in his mind, he was and always would remain a machine, one that enjoyed precipitation.

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 16th November 2013, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th November 2013, 2:53 pm

[Attn: Alehina, Craisa, Open]

He walked in silence as Craisa seemed to have enough energy for three people. He smiled inwardly; she'd do well if she could focus that energy. He let her bounce around, though, as it wasn't causing any harm, though he pondered whether he'd have to tell her to rein it in while they were on the mission so she didn't bring herself--or anyone else--harm.

As they rounded a hallway, they came upon a large crowd. All people wanting to get a look at the planet in question. It was, after all, what they'd started this voyage for all those centuries ago. He began to weave his way through when Craisa commented about Alehina.

"I doubt that," he said, "I believe they're waiting for a view of the planet and--"

He cut off as both he and Craisa made out the woman who they sought. Maybe the kid had better instincts about this than he did, after all. He didn't understand that whole "pop star" thing. At all.

However, Ishmael's eyes bulged at Craisa's next statement of calling to her and he turned to her. "Wait! Don't do--" Too late. As the words bellowed out of the spritely girl's mouth, all the people began looking around.

"Alehina?!"

"Where?!"

"Oh my god! Alehina's here?!"

Ishmael resisted the urge to slap a hand to his forehead, settling instead on an admonishing stare to his charge. "Bad move, Sari," he chided as the crowd went ballistic and began converging on their quarry. He looked over as he saw two people making for the crowd with a professional demeanor. Bodyguards. They had their work cut out for them...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th November 2013, 11:35 am

{Attn: open}

Sonali hears through the murmur of crowd that Alehina was somewhere. She stands back and wonders if that is the reason for the crowd or if she wants to see the planet too. One of Alehina's songs begin to play in Sonali's head. Yes, Sonali is a fan of her music. She would love to get an autograph, but she knows she has plenty of time. She turns her attention to the windows and watches as the planet comes into view.

Their new home after such a long journey. It will be odd to actually touch real ground, to breath real air. Even she can't remember ever doing that, for she's only been on this ship. It will be exciting to build their own colony. She knows her services will be needed as people begin to build and explore. She cannot wait.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th November 2013, 12:27 pm

[ATTN:  OPEN]

Kaed and Imadorie say goodbye to Sonali before they move up to the windows.  The look at the beautiful planet as it comes into view, but this is quickly interrupted by a loud call:  "ALEHINA!"

With that, the crowd goes wild and Imadorie is threatened to be swept up in it.  Kaed, however, reaches out for his daughter with a swift moment, already pulling her away from the crazy mass while shaking his head at Imadorie's protests.

"Dad, it's Alehina!"  Imadorie whines, "Just let me have a look, please??  I promise I'll be good--"

"Hush, Imadorie."  Kaed says, walking away swiftly with her on his tail.  "You will respect my decision, please.  I cannot afford for you to get hurt in such a wild crowd.  People get hurt in these situations and I know your mother would harm me explicitly if I let you come to any danger."

Imadorie groans in irritation, but does as she is told.  After all, it is not as if she has a choice.  If she doesn't listen to him, her mother will kill her explicitly.  Whatever that word means.  

[ATTN:  Jazz]

"Our first Spectre failed."  The human says in rebuttal, "Our second did much better.  I have little qualms with you rising up against a Slaver group and freeing your fellow prisoners.  Your resourcefulness was never in question, though you cannot say that all of your actions, even prior to your pirating, were legal or right.  Even after, one doesn't turn pirate just for altruism."  

"There will be times when you will not be able to contact the council and will have to act on your own.  They are merely questioning your background and what might motivate you in taking actions that might not be beneficial to the council or our race."  The human continues factually.

"Politics are very rarely quickly resolved, except for barbarism and tyranny."  The Salarian adds, "I doubt you can say that you really handled political ramifications of your actions to the end.  After all, as any pirate would, you probably didn't stick around to see if everything fell into place and we have eye-witness reports of that.  Like any witnesses, however, they are highly opinionated and suspect."

The Quarian raises her hand briefly, putting it back down again as she speaks.  "I call for approval of Jasmine Palmer's acceptance into the Spectres."

The Salarian looks upset at the sudden intrusion of the Quarian councilor, his features move to speak, but is interrupted by the Asari councilor.  "The call of acceptance of Jasmine Palmer has been put before the Council.  We have two votes for acceptance."

She is ready to say more, but the human raises his hand as the Quarian did and then lowers it again as he says, "I accept Jasmine Palmer into Spectre Status in the hope that she benefits our race and redirects the Umbrella Colony into success so that they may prosper."

The Asari nods her head as the Salarian looks disgruntled, but she speaks and ignores his expression, looking at him pointedly as she speaks.  "We have four voted for acceptance, and only a majority vote of the Council is now required.  We move for unanimous vote."

The Turian crosses his arms and looks at Jasmine, "I grudgingly accept.  I hope that your record proves my decision correct."

Everyone turns to the Salarian.  "I would like to remind the human council that the Umbrella Colonization project is not a human colonization project.  Even if Cerberus funding it, there are many species upon that ship and this Spectre will be representing all of them collectively.  I vote to decline."

"The council approves and welcomes Jasmine Palmer into the Spectres."  The Asari says finally, "We look forward to working with you."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th November 2013, 12:49 pm

[Attn: Council]

Facts were facts, after all. There wasn't exactly any other choice. But watching certain members of the council squirm was rewarding, even if she didn't care whether or not she got the position. Of course, there was an added tip off...two in fact. The first human Spectre...failed? How interesting. Then it came to Cerberus. Cerberus was funding this project. She'd forgotten that. If there was anyone she resented more than the council, it was Cerberus, regardless of claims that they'd turned themselves around.

Pertaining to their little debate, she simply stares. She knew when she was being insulted. She also knew how to blow things off, however. It was true that she didn't exactly have a care for politics. She hadn't been formally educated on the subject beyond a certain point and she never found the subject to be of interest. Furthermore, Spectres weren't inducted for their political minds. The council gave them a mission and they carried it out, whatever it took. There was going to be political blowback regardless of the choices made. Anyone who didn't get that was an idiot. It was about determining which blowback could be more easily recovered from.

Finally, she smiles. It wasn't smug but certainly wasn't entirely genuine. That said, she liked the Quarian. And she'd be hard pressed to hold a grudge toward the Turian. They were all like that. "Thank You, Councilmen. It is, of course, an honor." Her words weren't rigid. They were as smooth as silk. She'd picked up a few mannerisms on Omega that helped dealing with situations like this. "Now, if you would excuse me, I believe I was just given an order to go and check with the Guild Leaders and get status updates on all operations."
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th November 2013, 1:52 pm

(ATTN : Solani, Imadore, Kaed, Craisa, Ishmael, open)

- North Window -

The planet was starting to show its color and Alehina was doing her best to get closer to the window. Her bodyguards still kept a certain distance, but went a bit forward everytime she did to keep the same distance.

Kamila whispered to Darian ''I don't like this, where she is if something happens we won't be able to get out easily.''

''Don't worry we'll work something out if it get to that. ''

Alehina then bend a bit to be to a smaller level where she would be able to take a good angle picture, however while she is focusing over the window and the screen of her phone, she didn't notice there was a baby next to her in a baby-buggy that stretched its arm to reach and pull on something that seemed quite fun. Alehina felt something pull her 'hairs', but while trying to turn and see what was, it was too late. The wig fell off and her heartbeat skipped a beat at the fact that this happened. Though no one had noticed yet, they were all too occupied with the window and so she tried to see if there was an issue to get out.

Kamila and Darian immediatly reacted and started to try and get closer without making anyone too doubtful of something... but the cover of all of them was blown when a lady screamed Alehina's name and Alehina turned toward its source to see who it actually was since she was on a bit higher ground she could see. ''Craisa... you IDIOT ! '' She thought to herself wanting to slap the woman bad at the moment. The crowd had started to become agitated and some reconizing her all came toward her way, her backing up till she got to the security bar near the window and was trapped there. Alehina could say goodbye to the way she thought she had found in between people if she would have stayed down and unnoticed. Suddenly her bodyguards also became more aggressive trying to go through the aggitated crowd like bulls, but it proved difficult with just the two of them.

Alehina tried to keep her cool after getting up till some got way too close and she tried to tell them ''Give me some space pleas- AH !'' Her screemed echoed louder then normal like she didn't control it as someone touched her in some inapropriate way. She was mad that it ended up that way, but mostly at Craisa... however at the moment the goal was to get out of he... wait wasn't that her bodyguards trying to get to her ?... It seemed like a blink of hope but at the same time there was too many of them on her. ''Please stop ! Let me either get out or make some kind of line ! But stop coming so close and pushing please ! '' She tried to say loudly, but it didn't quite work out as the crowd was too exited and antsy. Afraid and not knowing what to do further, she only hoped something would happen.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 17th November 2013, 3:05 pm

Craisa stood dumbfounded as the crowd erupted with excitement. The whispers grew into shouts for Allehina as they rampaged.

"Bad move, Sari," Ishmael chided."

"What the.." Craisa paused, taking in Ishamel's scolding expression, his forehead was pulsed slightly in irritation. "Ohhh, whoops." Craisa hit her head, in sudden realization. "My mistake. But, look at the crowd!" Her eyes went wide, "Everyone's pumped, woot!" Craisa did feel a smidgen bad for what she did to Allehina, but she'd be okay, all this attention was good for her reputation. "Come on Ishmael, after her!" Craisa was about to run into the crowd when a high pitched scream made her stop. "Woah, the crowd is out of hand. What should we do?" Craisa looked to Ishmael, puzzled, "Do you see her?"

Last edited by Pachirisu71 on 17th November 2013, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th November 2013, 3:31 pm

[Attn: Alehina, Craisa, Open]

Ishmael blinked. How any of this situation was "good" was beyond him. But she was right, the crowd had turned rabid. He didn't understand this "pop star" thing and he was now pretty sure he didn't want to. But he knew he could do crowd control, at least.

He reached to his right side in his belt for what he had in mind. His sonic piercing device. He'd devised it when a few times when he'd been part of the military guild it had required crowd control. His patent. He looked to Craisa. "Cover your ears," he told her.

It was a round, cylindrical device with a green LED light and a button on top. He pointed the green light toward the crowd and immediately pressed the button on top. Immediately, a high pitched sonic noise slammed into the crowd. They all groaned and immediately doubled over, covering their ears in pain. He released the button; all was silent.

"Um, yes..." he began, his voice now loud in the silence. "I, uh, well..."

He froze as all eyes landed on him. He had never had to be the one to direct the crowd before. He began sweating nervously and his voice caught in his throat. What should he do? How should he dissolve this. He thought about pressing the sonic button again. Maybe that would make them go away...?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th November 2013, 3:53 pm

(All at north window)

Everything was going in a panic till suddenly a ear piercing sound came to silent the whole crowd and make even those near Alehina back off and hold their ears. Only problem was that even the bodyguards and Alehina herself were affected. But thankfully the attention was turned toward the man who started to speak in this ankward silence. Alehina looked up still holding her ears and saw the situation and reconized Ishmael.

Darian and Kamila looked at each other after coming to enough recovery to move again and they moved to Alehina pushing everyone who were in their way till they got to her and both formed a formation of shield as it would be difficult to get out with their little number. And given the situation there was no way Darian would be able to call for backup. Pulling off his phone could prove fatal into protecting her as they could not predict what these people would do next.

''Are you okay ? '' Darian whisper toward Alehina.

Kamila just looked at the young woman with much anger from her actions.

''Y-yes...'' Alehina whispered back glad that it had calmed down a bit.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 17th November 2013, 4:21 pm

Ishmael ignored Craisa's question. He didn't seem to be happy over the crowd at all and did not want to add to the chaos. Craisa sighed but before she could offer another course of action, Ishamel interrupted.

"Cover your ears," he told her.

"Why, what's tha--," an ear piercing sound cut Craisa off. She jumped, slapping her hands onto her ears. "Owww," she whined, the sound blending with the crowd's pained groans. When the sound stopped, she blinked her eyes and took her hands off of her ears, surprised by the complete silence around her. Her ears throbbed, but the pain dulled after a moment and she was okay.

"Um, yes..." he began, his voice now loud in the silence. "I, uh, well..."

"Everyone!" Craisa butted in. "There's nothing to see here, disband!" Although she knew this was a lie, as there was a lot going on, it was evident that Ishmael wanted them gone, and she did too. A crowd wasn't fun unless it was crazy! Watching as the crowd didn't budge, she yelled, "Go away, unless you want to stick around for another round of Ishmael's.. er.. thing!" She grinned, as the crowd flinched, although not many of them did as she said. "Except for you, Allehina, we need you!" She added curtly, still grinning.

Last edited by Pachirisu71 on 17th November 2013, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th November 2013, 4:32 pm

It appears that the crowd is pushing against the window and who she guesses is Alehina. Sonali cannot comprehend why people do that. She worries because this can get dangerous. Then a piercing sound is heard. It is not that bad from where she is standing, but she can see others get physically affected by it.

A bit harsh, but effective. She watches the crowd for any injuries that may need medical assistance. She may have to have a talk with these so called body guards and their protection practices. The last thing needed is bad press against Alehina because of the actions of her guards.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th November 2013, 5:32 pm

[ATTN:  Ishmael, Craisa, Alehina, Sonali]

As the sound device emitter activated, the lights in the hallway change from a bright white to a dimmer yellow, flashing as EDI's voice can be heard through the hallway with attention seeking volume.  

"Attention:   All non-U-Sec personnel and civilians are required to remain in the area until U-Sec personnel arrive.  A Class D Sonic Weapon Discharge has been detected.  Please be advised that all attempts on further aggression will now be recorded.  

Any attempts to exit the location will be monitored and violators will be fined.  Please remain in the area calmly and patiently and seek protection or cover from all hostile forces within the area until Umbrella Security arrives."

[ATTN:  U-Sec, Jazz, Kydoimos]

EDI's voice is now within the security line of the U-Sec contact devices, the U-Sec Guild building, the security points of Units 5 and 12 of the U-Sec Guild.  Additionally, As Jasmine receives a device from her being U-Sec and Kydoimos is nearby, both are also notified with the following message.

"Attention:  A Class D Sonic Weapon Discharge has been detected in the North Atrium, Civilian Corridor 11.  Dispatching U-Sec Units 12 and 5.  Dispatching Kydoimos.  Dispatching Spectre Jasmine Palmer to the scene."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th November 2013, 5:49 pm

[Attn: Group]

"Well, crap..."

Ishmael knew what was happening the instant the alarms went off. He stood by his decision, however, he just hadn't thought that the systems would consider it a level D class weapon. You live and learn.

"Ishmael Nober!"

He blinked as the familiar form of Shasta approached him, immediately putting a finger in his face. He took a step back in surprise, and she closed the distance, getting in his face. "I expect better from you than to freeze like a deer in headlights."

"Deer...? What? Isn't that an Earth--"

"Oh, read a book, why don't you!" she snapped. "Weren't you telling me about an expedition you were intending to lead? Do you expect to do well there if you can't speak up?"

"I've...never had to do...crowd control before," he said awkwardly.

She looked at him. "Well, I expect better from you in the future, do you hear me?" she said.

Ishmael nodded stupidly. "Yes--I...yes, ma'am."

She broke into a smile. "I'm not a soldier," she said, slugging his arm. "The noise maker was a good idea, though. Just better follow-through next time, eh?" she teased with a wink.

Ishmael smiled back and nodded. "Yes, ma--I mean, Shasta."

"I came to get a look at the planet," she said. "I didn't expect to have to be crowd control. Come by later and I'll make you a cherry pie."

"Y--yes!" Ishmael said happily. Her cherry pies were to die for.

"Well...when we can leave here..." she added with a sigh. Ishmael nodded ruefully.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th November 2013, 5:57 pm

Sonali groans when the alert went off.  Hopefully she won't have to wait too long before being released.  She was only on break.  Well the people in the infirmary heard the alarms as well, so hopefully they will understand if the is detained.  She hears the familiar chime of her device going off.  She looks down and it is from the infirmary.  'I am fine, but stuck here because of an overzealous bodyguard.  No injuries that I can ascertain so far.  Remain on standby for minor injuries.'  She types and sends back.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 17th November 2013, 6:00 pm

[Attn: Transit Area, Umbrella Security, EDI, Norrth Atrium - Corridor 11, OPEN]

His systems immediately picked up a Disturbance warning in the civilian quarter nearby quickly followed by EDI's alert response system.

"Attention:  A Class D Sonic Weapon Discharge has been detected in the North Atrium, Civilian Corridor 11.  Dispatching U-Sec Units 12 and 5.  Dispatching Kydoimos.  Dispatching Spectre Jasmine Palmer to the scene." EDI's voice pinged through his wireless communication system.

Speaking both aloud and to the U-Sec Command, "Battle Android Umb 2XQ32 - Unit 1 Designation Kydoimos responding to security disturbance. Linking to Security Network now." The sudden voice emitting from him startled a few Organics nearby, who became immediately attentive to his presence.

"All Civilian personal are advised to remain calm and remain on standby for security updates." Kydoimos attempted to reassure the organics as his systems where already at work finding the quickest route to the mission area. His ship linked radar and map systems, located his position and placed the navigational markers for his path.

"All non-Umbrella Security personal, clear the transit area." Kydoimos started running towards the nearest service transit rail as fast as possible without running into obstructions or people. "All Routes to Civilian Corridor 11 are prohibited by non-U-Sec personal. Seek alternative transit routes to desired destinations."

Kydoimos kept repeating his warning messages as he made it to the Service Transit, and stepped inside. Waving his hand at the activation panel his Omni-tool activated and input his destination and security clearance. The Transit went into motion, at a dangerous speed... for an Organic. "ETA: Two Minutes Twenty Three Seconds." His voice echoed in tunnel as he sent his time to other Security personal and EDI.

Kydoimos' stance shifted to help handle the rapid negative acceleration of the service transit as it reached the destination point. There were benefits for not having frail organic systems, like now. Actuators, Gears, Suspension systems all activated and Kydoimos straightened and waited till the doors opened. The expanded radar systems detected the Friendly Identification Confirmation Signals of other Security forces as he stepped out of the transit. The Security forces had already arrived first. No signs of escalated hostilities had been detected or reported. He began approaching the mission area, noticing the U-Sec personal already attempting to handle the crowd. He began looking over the crowd searching for hostile targets and unauthorized weapons.

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 17th November 2013, 6:54 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : had to fix time notes, time isn't the same)
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th November 2013, 6:44 pm

(ATTN : North window)

Craisa seemed to have tried to give some help even though her method didn't really work. However it didn't change that Alehina was mad at her. But the mention of them needing her help did make so she had a bit of curiosity toward that, even though at the moment she felt more like helping Ishmael at the moment then the other girl.

As if their luck wasn't any worse... that weapon of sonic wave had caused the security system to activate itself.

''Great.'' Darian said in some sarcasm way.

''Technicly we're security agent, but not cops so we have to wait too, how lucky of us. '' Kamila added.

Its then that another lady make way and speak in this ankward silence with true words that make so the crowd finally disband, making some space for the star to come out.

''I say that was efficient.'' Darian said with a smile.

''Our job is far from being done Darian, we'll be lucky if we're not fired after this. '' Kamila said before she sent a look toward the one lady who provoked all of this event. She looked at Craisa with a glare that would look like she was throwing knives at her, not quitting the glare a second. ''I shall have my eyes on this one.''

Alehina look toward Ishmael and the other lady who did the speech. ''I thank you two. '' However she had seemed to have ignored Craisa. In fact she was still quite mad at her as this mess might cost her the entire little freedom she had. But she would settle this at some other time with her. All the people were still stuck here and as matter of image preservation she would do her best to keep her cool.

Darian looked toward the bunch and said ''Yeah you have my appreciation for stopping the crowd, due to some... unnexpected situation, our organisation wasn't at its full potential. Riight Alehina ?...'' Darian said with a smile to her even though he knew she could tell he was angry himself.

''Oh great now you'll blame everything on me. '' Alehina looked away and sigh.

Darian sighed and looked at her ''We'll have a talk all together when we get back. For now focus on resting. We'll make you pass a check up when we get back to make sure everything is fine.''

''I'm fine sheesh !'' Alehina said, loosing patience and walking near some stairs to sit on them both of her bodyguards following her.

''Erm, Kamila ? You may want to calm down that killer look of yours before the police arrive. '' Darian said teasing her.

''Hmph.'' Kamila simply said hiding the singer from the angle of view of Craisa after this one was sitting.

''I wish I could be normal for one single day sometimes, but it's so hard.'' The singer thought looking tired.

Darian take something out of his jacket's pocket. It was a small snack bar. ''You should eat a little. I know you didn't eat much since you left. ''

''I'm not hungry.'' Alehina said.

Darian sigh and put it away. ''Well tell me if you need the snack later alright ?...'' He just hoped they would be able to talk their way out smootly and fast. But it was most likely not going to happen since they had been the source of the problem all along.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 17th November 2013, 9:08 pm

The lights in the hallway blinked to a flashing, dim yellow, making Craisa gasp, then an EDI's voice made an announcement."Attention:   All non-U-Sec personnel and civilians are required to remain in the area until U-Sec personnel arrive.  A Class D Sonic Weapon Discharge has been detected.  Please be advised that all attempts on further aggression will now be recorded. Craisa's looked to Ishmael's device, there isn't going to be another round of fire, she thought, disappointed. She hadn't even gotten to fire it yet, Craisa pouted. Any attempts to exit the location will be monitored and violators will be fined.  Please remain in the area calmly and patiently and seek protection or cover from all hostile forces within the area until Umbrella Security arrives."

Craisa's eyes had a playful look to them as she plotted to make an escape, "Hey Ishmael.." she trailed off. He was talking to a lady Craisa had seen him with many times before. She had only spied a little but they seemed to be close. Craisa took an awkward step away, not wanting to interrupt anything personal. And with that, her plans were cancelled. If she walked away from Ishmael they might not bother to find her when it was time for the mission. Craisa let out another sigh. She turned her attention to the crowd. An indifferent, wicked glare amongst the neutral others made her curious. She attempted to follow her gaze until... Craisa's mouth dropped open. She was sure the woman was looking to her.

She stared back at her, wide-eyed. "Ohh," Craisa whispered slowly. Her pale face, brown hair, and grey eyes, not to mention her formal clothing, were without a doubt those of Kamila, one of Alehina's bodyguard. "It makes sense why she would be mad, but why give me the death glare," Craisa thought slightly annoyed. It was her fault that this whole problem started, anyway! Craisa concluded, sticking her tongue out at Kamila.

Last edited by Pachirisu71 on 18th November 2013, 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th November 2013, 9:20 pm

[Attn: Alarm, Crowd Group]

Jazz glances up when she hears the alarm.  "And I expected it to be uneventful," she says when the alert comes across, dispatching her to the scene.  After getting her bearings on where she was, she leaves for the scene, eventually coming up on the crowd.  The first thing she sees is a drone, combing through the people for hostility or unauthorized weaponry.  Upon noticing this, she crosses her arms, opting to stand back for a moment, glancing over everyone.

Soon she comes to the bodyguard figures.  Then she sees the Turian and an Asari standing at an entrance, further away from the bulk of the crowd.  She glances back at the synthetic and approaches them.  "If I had to guess, the girl with the bodyguards was the one who drew the crowd.  You have the best vantage point in the room. You must've seen what happened. Or...is there something anyone here would like to tell me?"

Honestly, Jazz had taken note of injuries. The only things people hurt were their pride. She didn't care who did what. As long as it didn't happen again, it didn't matter. But she would like to know the motives so that it could be prevented in the future.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 17th November 2013, 10:36 pm

[Attn: Atrium, U-Sec, Open]

The U-SEC personal where organizing the crowd, asking them questions and searching them over for illegal contraband. Kydoimos had scanned over the crowd for all obvious targets and firearms. It had proven negative but the scan had only been a quick one for obvious signs, now Kydoimos was watching body language.

Each race had many ques and tells, and it was often hard to find them all while also referencing them against the listed ones. Many of the U-Sec personal were getting reports and questioning people from the crowd.

"Attention All non-U-Sec personnel:-" Kydoimos said utilizing one of the higher settings of his vocal system to speak over the crowd. "- To facilitate a more efficient and timely return to your normal activities, please form a pair of single-file lines."

It would allow him an easier time identifying them, and also decrease the chance that people might bypass security. "Please ready your identification while you wait in line. We thank you for cooperation and understanding." His low antiquated robotic voice trying to provide assistance to his organic comrades/superiors.

As they went through the Security check Kydoimos compared their faces and other physical parameters he recorded with his visual sensors against those on file, while also looking for weapons as they went past without searching them physically. There was little else he could actually do in this situation, not unless a situation presented itself. Organics were very... suspicious and uncomfortable being searched by a machine, so Kydoimos left that to the other organics.

He was here to provide backup and fire support, and logically speaking Kydoimos didn't outrank any of the U-Sec personnel. Kydoimos hadn't yet found the weapon responsible for the security response, but it was a matter of time. So far everyone he checked against the crew manifests was a member of the colony.

Kydoimos repeated his message switching from one language to the next with each repetition. "Please have your Identification ready when you reach the front of the line. We Thank you for your support and cooperation." This mission at least provided an adequate means to efficiently use his time before his original mission for the day.

Kydoimos wondered if one of the members of the U-SEC personnel would file another complaint regarding his initiative during this operation. Organics sometimes could feel threatened or concerned from such matters where their jobs were involved.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th November 2013, 11:41 pm

[Attn: Alehina, Craisa, Jazz, Kydoimos, Open]

Ishmael nodded to the young woman's words, paying no mind to the exchange between her and his associate. "I was headed to your department to attempt contact with you for the lunar mission the Salvage Saints are heading. If you might be available for contact later...?"

The U-Sec and robots began filing in and he sighed. All of this for a sonic device? Really? Well, protocol was protocol. An official-looking person walked into the area and began surveying everyone, marking him and Craisa, then approaching them.

"If I had to guess, the girl with the bodyguards was the one who drew the crowd. You have the best vantage point in the room. You must've seen what happened. Or...is there something anyone here would like to tell me?"

"Close," Ishmael replied. "Ishmael Nober, currently of the Salvage Saints." He held out his identification and the sonic device. "And I hold the offending item in question. As near as I can tell, the crowd was gathered to view the planet upon which we're to land. However, my associate here brought attention to the young woman and the crowd then became a mob. They were posing a threat to her, so I discharged my sonic device to get them to calm down and back off.

"If you'll check my credentials, you'll note I have the patent and permissions to carry this device," he continued. "It was not my intent to create this level of a disturbance, but merely to regain control of a situation already getting out of hand. The sonic is harmless; at most they might have an earache for the rest of the day."

"Where was all that talk when the crowd was facing you earlier?" Shasta said to him under her breath, causing him to blanch.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 18th November 2013, 3:45 pm

"If I had to guess, the girl with the bodyguards was the one who drew the crowd.  You have the best vantage point in the room. You must've seen what happened. Or...is there something anyone here would like to tell me?"

Craisa wondered why this woman was investigating the situation further, no one had been harmed. She shook her head rigorously, "No-," when Ishmael interrupted. He spoke each word quickly and precisely. Craisa cringed as he filled her in on the unnecessary details.

"Close," Ishmael replied. "Ishmael Nober, currently of the Salvage Saints." He held out his identification and the sonic device. "And I hold the offending item in question. As near as I can tell, the crowd was gathered to view the planet upon which we're to land. However, my associate here brought attention to the young woman and the crowd then became a mob. They were posing a threat to her, so I discharged my sonic device to get them to calm down and back off.

Craisa narrowed her eyes, "traitor," she mouthed. What was the point in placing blame? It's one thing to confess to your own actions, but he had confessed for Craisa too. Something she definitely wouldn't have done. With her bad record she was sure she'd receive a punishment.  

"If you'll check my credentials, you'll note I have the patent and permissions to carry this device," he continued. "It was not my intent to create this level of a disturbance, but merely to regain control of a situation already getting out of hand. The sonic is harmless; at most they might have an earache for the rest of the day."

"And, I thought the crowd was gathered for Allehina. We were looking for her. I've found that calling someone's name is the easiest way to catch their attention," she kept her voice light and smiled innocently at the woman. Then she clapped her hands together as if that closed the issue. "But, everything's okay now. We've found Allehina and as soon as this blows over we'll be on our way.

"Attention All non-U-Sec personnel:-" Kydoimos said utilizing one of the higher settings of his vocal system to speak over the crowd. "- To facilitate a more efficient and timely return to your normal activities, please form a pair of single-file lines."

"See, it's all under control," Craisa said coolly. "Ishmael's such a do-gooder," she thought a little miffed that he didn't say anything to ease the blame on her. "Ishmael, let's go and ask the robot for permission to leave," she grabbed his hand and starting walking, eager to get away.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th November 2013, 4:35 pm

{Attn: Kydoimos, open}

Sonali is happy to see the people listening. They had enough of bodyguards for today. Hopefully this one has learned his lesson before someone is truly hurt. She gets into a line and brings out her ID.  When it comes to her turn she flashes the ID at the person.  “I think most people were here to see the planet.  It wasn't until Alehina was identified that they started to get excited.  The bodyguards were a little overzealous, but no harm was done from what I saw.  If anyone appears to be injured, please send them to the infirmary.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top