Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Guardians

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 5 Empty Legend of Guardians

Post by xenolion 16th August 2015, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Elven King looks at the reports that were placed before him. It is time. Time for the pilgrimage to begin. “Do we have any qualified summoners ready to go?” He asks his counsel.

“There is one in the Arabitylar family. A young woman, she is a mage as well.” The counsel answers.

“Perfect, send a message to the family and also to the human King. I know one of his sons is a mage. He will make a good protector. I cannot believe it already has been a thousand years. We will spread the word to the other nations later. I don’t want our summoner to be alone with the other guardians.” The King sighs. “I only wish there was a different way of doing this.”

~~~~~~

Caladhiel finishes up on the young patient. “Next time us some caution while exploring. It could have been a lot worse than a broken leg.”

“Cala, Cala…” A young girl’s shout is heard. Caladhiel knows immediately who it is. Only one person calls her that. The curtain is pulled open. “Atara nyare amin utu- lle. ta naa horme.*” The young girl pants and switches to common. “There is a royal summons for you.”

Caladhiel gasps, “A royal summon for me? I will be right there.” She looks at the doctor for his dismissal and takes off her labcoat. “Thank you for fetching me Kujara, shall we race home?” The grin on Kujara’s face is wide as she takes off to the house. Caladhiel waits for a few moments to give her sister a head start. She breaks into a sprint.

She lets Kujara touch the door first as she smooths her outfit. Not only is her family a mage family. It is a summoner one as well. It is rare to have a summoner who is both. They had royal visits before but mostly they deal with her parents not with her. She makes sure she is presentable before walking in.

A man in royal robes is sitting by the fireplace enjoying tea with her parents. They all look up as Caladhiel enters the room. “Milday, it is good to see you. I am glad you came quickly. I have a letter here from the king. He wants you to get ready for you pilgrimage. Yours will not be the normal one though. He needs you for a special one. With your parents’ permission of course.” He looks over at the couple seated together.

“But of course, we pledge our services for His Majesty, and that of our daughter.” The Father states.

“Don’t worry about packing too much. His Majesty will provide you with the necessities.” The man states. “However if there is anything personal you need, I will help you pack that. I recommend packing lightly, this is going to be a long trip. Primarily on foot as well.”

Caladhiel bows and goes to her room. She packs her flute, her toiletries, and her crossbow. She cannot help, but be a little nervous. She remember the bedtime stories of pilgrimages that all elves have heard. She wonders who her protectors will be.

*Mother told me to find you. It is urgent.

Meanwhile, have the world away a message is received by the human royalty. They give it to King Frederick immediately upon arrival. He nods at his messenger. “So it begins. Get the Royal carriage set up with plenty of provisions. My son is going to the Elven Castle. Oh and someone fetch Kelani for me as well.”

Kelani is at the mage practice grounds. He is working on picking up his instructor. It is not going so well. “I know you can do this Prince, you have been practicing so hard. Just a little bit higher. I can almost reach the apple.”

“It would have been simpler to bring the apple to you.” Kelani retorts as beads of sweat glisten on his forehead. The door burst open and a guard enters. Kelani loses his concentration as he looks at the guard. The instructor falls on her butt.

“This better be important, can’t you see I am in the middle of a lesson.” The instructor glares at the guard.

“Sir, the King told me to come get you. It is important.” The guard bows.

Kelani shrugs at the instructor. “What can I say, I am a popular one today.” He turns to leave the room but pauses at the door. Only using his mind, he takes the apple from the branch and sets it in the instructor’s hands. “Enjoy.”

Kelani rushes back to the castle, making a stop at his room to dress appropriately. He is told that his father is waiting in the study. “Father, you wanted to see me?”

“Good, good you are here. I got a message from the Elven nation. They have requested you to be a protector for their summoner. I am readying a carriage and your bags as well. You will be protected on your trip to pick up the Summoner, and to bring her back here. I am so proud that you were selected for this pilgrimage. Now go quickly and may your travels be safe.” King Frederick hugs his son.

Kelani is excited, finally something to do. He loves being a Prince, but since he is not heir to the throne, life is a little boring. He goes to his room and makes sure the servants are packing the right things.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 5 Empty Re: Legend of Guardians

Post by xenolion 26th June 2016, 9:53 am

Caladhiel nods. “It makes perfect sense. I am sorry if my actions were incorrect in anyway. Elves are generally more reserved, but it felt so right. Thank you for the warning as well. Do you need your rocks back?” As much as she would love to keep them as souvenirs, they were not offered to her for keeping.

“How often can you do this ceremony? Can you do it with additional people?’ She blurts out before covering her mouth. “Please forgive me if I seem forward. Elves are very curious people and I feel like I can tell you anything now. I think it can be helpful for the whole group to experience.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 20th July 2016, 3:54 pm

Majet shakes her head, "No. There is no 'incorrect' way to respond to the connection. You needn't concern yourself with that. We all interact differently, just as all Spriggan interact with it differently."

She's still lying down, looking up at the stars. She laughs a little, though, as she looks over to the exact spot where they had sat with their rocks a few moments before. A tree is formed where it was not before. It's not overly large--just a small baby...but it's not a tree indigenous to the human lands. It looks like a mixture of a Spriggan Weeping Willow and an Elven Sequoia. The humans will probably be confused by that...

Caladhiel's next words are rushed questions and she smiles. It's been a long time since she's met someone that was actually interested (or openly interested) in her people. It's kind of cool. "You should keep those rocks. No rocks can be reused, so...I will need to make new ones for my next ceremony--it's a monthly thing. And yes, you can do it with as many as you'd like. I've done it with my entire town-village before.

However, we Spriggan generally prefer to do it in groups of five or less. It's more personable that way. And I happen to know a few Spriggan, such as my mother and our village leader, that do not like for others to see them under the influence of the ritual. They are very private about it."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th August 2016, 4:27 pm

Caladhiel sighs and looks up to the skies. “The sky reminds me of home. The stars as beautiful there. Although it is colder, I wonder if the others packed appropriate gear. If not, we will get them on the way.”

She cannot explain it, but suddenly she feels oppressed. It is a physical pain as much as emotional. Will she be able to do this journey? How about her teammates will they be able to protect her? Why should they? They don’t have a vested interest in her, nor she them. What were the Gods thinking when they put together this ragtag group? She slowly sits up and looks at Majet with a forced smile on her face. “Thank you for showing me the ceremony. I think I will settle for the evening in my room.”

She slowly walks away and returns to her room. She takes out her journal and writes in it of the day events. She is surprised when she hears a knock on her door. It must be late and she knows Kelani and Majet need rest. She goes to it and is surprised to see Father Caprio and two others. “Welcome, I am surprised to see you.”

“I wish I could tell you the same. Please come with me. It is time to start the trial.” Father Caprio explains. Caladhiel takes his outstretched hand and looks around. “Don’t worry my child, this trial is not for you, but for your protectors.”

Kelani wakes up the in the morning, surprised that he was able to sleep in. He gets himself ready. The chapel is extremely quiet, which is odd. Something is not right. He goes to the girls’ room, knocks and waits for their response.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th September 2016, 2:38 pm

Majet wakes in the morning and dresses, her mood melancholy and dark. She, of course, is still effected by the after-ceremony, but it will be all right. Time will heal that wound...until next time. She grabs her staff and leans it against the wall--she had found it in the floor and almost tripped on it. She was quite careless last night when she went to sleep. A knock on the door grabs her attention.

Opening the door, she smiles sadly, "Oh, hello...Prince Kelani. I was just getting ready for today. Do you think I should bring my staff?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th September 2016, 5:26 pm

Kelani thinks for a moment. “We should be safe in the temple, but one cannot be too careful. Have you seen Caladhiel at all. It is not like her to greet us. The temple is quieter than usual as well.”

The father leads Caladhiel through a labyrinth of hallways. She has to confess even she is lost. They finally reach a room that has a simple chair and table in it. “Don’t worry, no harm will come to you. If your guardians find you in time the hall of the guardian is over there.” He points to and ornate doorway. “You won’t be able to leave until you are found or time is up.”

Caladhiel looks around the room. It is very plain and boring. There is nothing to keep her entertained either. She hopes that they are smart enough to make it through whatever test the temple has for them. She sits down at the table and feels something attach to her ankle. She looks down and sees a manacle. “What is the meaning of this?”

“Sorry it is necessary to ensure that you do not assist them in the test. The key is just outside that door. Your guardians will receive it before entering.” The father answers her.

Caladhiel sighs. This is going to be a long test.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st October 2016, 9:55 am

Shaking her head, Majet says, "I can't say that I do."

She steps back into her room long enough to pick up her staff and shrink it a little between her hands as it grows a little thicker and then she puts it on her back within its clasp. She smiles at him with a friendly tone before stepping out into the hallway with the Prince and looking in either direction with uncertainty. Everything seems quite.

"Let us ask Syren." Majet says, heading towards her room. They reach the door together and she knocks.

Syren opens the door almost immediately, blank faced. She looks from one waiting person to the other, but says nothing.

Majet asks, "Have you seen the lady summoner?"

Syrendross shakes her head, crossing her arms before her as though they could become a great shield. She simply speaks in a quiet tone, barely audible.

"No."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th October 2016, 1:14 pm

“I propose we should find her. It is unusually quiet in the temple this morning. I know the service is not happening, because we would have been invited. Perhaps we should check out the dining hall first. I know you ladies must be hungry.” Kelani offers his arm to them.

He takes them down the hall to the dining area. He holds the door for the ladies and waits for them to walk through. Inside is the head priest alone at a table. He motions for them to sit down. “This temple’s test is not for the summoner, but for you. She has been taken from you, but do not worry she is safe for now. You have until sundown to find her, for that is the last opportunity the guardian is present. I can only show you where to start, the path from there is up to you.” After that, he stands and waits for them to follow him.

Kelani nods and follows the priest to the chapel. “The test begins through that door. I recommend gearing up before walking through it.” He bows to the group. “Good luck to you and may the gods watch over you.”

Kelani looks at the ladies. “Are you ready to go? I don’t know what we may find once we pass the threshold.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th October 2016, 1:32 pm

Having already brought her weapon with her, she nods her head at Kelani's inquiry, but she says nothing and instead looks over to her quiet companion, Lady Syrendross. The woman looks as stony faced as ever and she can tell that the woman has no intentions of saying anything either. The woman also nods and they being to walk behind Kelani.

Majet looks at Kelani's back with a silent nervousness. The test is for them? Can they possibly pass and find a summoner that they barely know? After having the ceremony last night, she can only hope that their bond was enough to assist her in this task.

Syren seems as cold and uncaring as usual, but Majet knows the drow well enough by now to know that she's at least concerned about what is to come in some way. The drow has no weapons, but she never has. She doesn't usually doesn't need them, due to her abilities.

They reach the door and walk through just after Majet checks all of her gear to make sure that she has all that she needs. Most importantly, she has her staff, so everything should be all right...Majet nervously steps through, clearing her throat with a worried expression.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st October 2016, 9:11 pm

“Normally, I would be chivalrous and let you ladies go through first, but in this circumstance that is not proper.” Kelani smirks at his attempt at a joke. He opens the door and walks through. The walls are all black with colored markings on it. There are different paths to take. He looks over at them. “Should we stick together or split up? I know all of us are capable fighters.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th November 2016, 12:23 pm

Upon seeing the black walls with their markings, Majet's stomach sinks. It's gross. Not in an ugly way. It's just...dark. She can see the smile on Syren's face, though. She obviously likes it here. Of course she would. She hears the Prince's inquiry and responds at exactly the same time as the Lady Syrendross:

"Together."

"Split up."

Majet looks at the Drow just as the Drow looks upon her. Their eyes meet. Syren looks hard, dominating. This is what Majet is used to. Still...this time...this time, things are different. ON their scouting missions, Syren is in charge. Syren's the boss. But this time, she's not. The Summoner is. OR well...they all are. They are equal, so she can't just boss her around, can she?

"We can cover more ground if we split up." Lady Syrendross says cooly, her face emotionless.

This response calms, Majet, sending relief through the tension that had just been there a moment before. If she's explaining herself, then she's willing to talk about it. Otherwise, the Drow simply would have done what she wanted.

"Maybe so, but this task is for us...and this mission is for us. As a team. What if one of us needs the other and we can't get to each other in time?" Majet says.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th November 2016, 5:58 pm

Kelani smirks as both ladies reach an impasse. “Both of you propose good points. This test is to us as her guardians. One would assume we would be together for this, so maybe some of the trials of the test will be for more than one person. Then again we are on a time limit and should not waste time going down incorrect path.” He scratches his chin looking down each of the paths. “I think for now we should stay together and go down the right path. The symbols on the floor are Elvish writing.”

He waits for the other before continuing forward. Once they all pass the threshold, the path closes sealing them in. “I guess it is a good thing we didn’t split up. I guess we are going forward.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2016, 12:48 am

With Prince Kelani's decision, Majet nods her head to confirm her agreement as she sees Syren confirm her acceptance of the decision politely with silence from the corner of her eyes. All is quiet as they enter in and the way behind them closes. Inwardly, Majet is relieved that they did, in fact, stay together. Kelani speaks her thoughts.

With another nod, she mumbles her agreement as Syren remains expressionless as usual. As they continue forward, Majet can only hope that things will not become darker or more difficult, team-work wise. After all, teamwork isn't Syren's specialty...
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 27th December 2016, 6:40 pm

As the group walks forward, the area turns into a hallway. There are lanterns hanging on the wall to give them a little light. It is not much though. Suddenly there is a sound like something being spilled into the corridor. Kelani looks down and sees sand. “We have to go and quickly.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 28th January 2017, 2:01 am

Realization kicks in as Majet sees the sand filling up the floor and covering her toes. Syren has already started moving, so Majet follows on the Prince's command. The sand will slow their movement, soon...this isn't good. It isn't long before they hit a fork in the path and both of the women look to the Prince before Syren points to the left with decision.

This is progress....Syren would have just turned which way she wanted to go...but now, she's waiting for confirmation. Silently in her mind, Majet can't help but wonder if she's, perhaps, mocking the human. Or maybe...she is testing him? Looking down the other path, it looks different--less lit. Much darker and more difficult to discern how long it is.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th January 2017, 2:27 pm

Kelani nods in agreement trusting the elf’s low light vision to assist them.  “Yes, we will follow your suggestion.”  He has grown up around sand, but never had to walk in it like this before.  They get to the end of the corridor.  It appears the wall is closing.  It is rising as the sand fills the corridor.  “We better hurry if we want to make it out of here.”  He brings up the rear letting Syren lead the way.  

Eventually they make it to the end.  The wall was about half way up.  He aids the ladies to get over it.  Then uses his telekinesis to get himself over.  They are standing on a cliff with a door across the way.  “I can get us to the door one at a time with my abilities, but you must remain still while doing it.”  He offers.  It will take great concentration for him to do so.  

Caladhiel paces the room looking at the clock.  She has no idea what time it really is.  All she knows is that they only have about an hour left.  She is worried.  Most of the groups who do this are friends.  She knows nothing about the others.  Sure she feels closer to Majet than the rest.  She says a prayer hoping they do not fail.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th March 2017, 7:45 pm

If there's anything that she can credit this prince for, it is his swiftness and cleverness, as well as ability to convince them onward. Following this man's lead is quite simple--almost as easy as following the Drow. Of course, his power is interesting. At his offer of using it once more, Majet ponders.

Looking at the distance with her eyes, trying to scale the distance, she considers making a bridge across with her staff--but alas, the distance is too great. She doesn't have enough wood at her disposal to make a bridge long and wide enough. Shame. It will seem they will have to rely on the prince's magic once more.

Majet watches as Syren nods her head to give permission to the Prince to use his magic, so she turns her head to him and nods her head, as well. She smiles at him reassuringly and says, "We will be still."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th March 2017, 1:49 pm

Kelani looks at Majet. “I will do you first, since you are smaller.” He turns to her and takes deep breaths. “Now, I need you to trust me. It is alright to be nervous, but don’t get twitchy. I have done this before.” He closes his eyes and begins to talk softly.
He opens his eyes as Majet lifts off the ground. He holds her there momentarily. “I know it is an odd feeling. Just take a moment to get orientated. He slowly begins to push her to the other side.

As he does some of the sand spills over. It goes in front of them. Some of it disappears, and others stay up. It is an illusion. There is a bridge after all. He lowers Majet. “Tell me if you feel something solid under you.” He will not release the spell until she confirms his assumption.

Once she does he sets her down. “I guess this was supposed to be a test of faith instead of skill. After you Syren.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 30th April 2017, 4:29 pm

07.24.2017As Majet is lifted into the ground, she nervously tries to stay as relaxed as she can.  Unfortunately, you can't really force yourself to relax that easily--at least, Majet can't.  Breathing deeply, she watches as the sand falls with surprise.  It does look like something invisible is down there.

As the Prince lowers her lightly, she dips her toes down to see if she can feel a surface--the solidity is there.  With a smile, she laughs, "Yes.  Yes, it's  there.  Something's there."

He lowers her down and she nods her head at confirmation from his statement.  She looks back at them, Syrendross looking as nonchalant and stoic as ever.  The Prince seems relieved, as well.  She turns back around, looking downwards into the darkness, still amazed at the void beneath her feet.  It seemed so unreal, but she could feel the solid beneath her feet, regardless.  

However, as she stepped forward onto the ramp, careful with her footing and ready to check for solidity beneath her before switching her weight, her eyes widen with surprise.  Syrendross is moving to follow her, upon the request of the Prince, but now, from her change in perspective, Majet has realized that it's an optical illusion.  The bridge is fully visible where she is, now.

Hearing the gasp before her, Syren moves forward more swiftly, catching up with the girl with alarm, "What is it?"

However, she sees the same visual change that Majet has and she smirks.  Interesting.  Faith, indeed.  The prince was more accurate than what he realized from his perspective.  She gestures for the Prince to follow as Majet walks forward in front of her, now fully confident in where she is going without the fear of falling off of an invisible platform.

Last edited by JerriLeah7 on 24th July 2017, 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 1st May 2017, 3:36 pm

Kelani brings up the rear as they traverse across the abyss. The path leads upwards and bends to the right there is a door. He goes to the front and sees a skeleton key hanging beside the door. He takes the key and places it in the keyhole. It clicks as he turns it. He places his hand on the door handle. “Stay sharp.” He opens the door to a plain room. There are windows and a light source shining through it. Must be magic since they are underground, at least by his estimation. His eyes drift over to a simple table and a chair, more importantly is the person sitting in the chair. “Lady Caladhiel, you don’t know how good it is to see you.” He smiles and puts away his sword.

Caladhiel smiles and claps her hands quietly. “Oh thank the gods you made it. I was getting bored. She lifts up the chain attached to her ankle to the brother that was there. “Please get this off of me. My team is here and have proved themselves worthy of the guardian.”

The brother unlocks the manacle on her ankle. “You are welcome to go into the Guardian chamber.” An ornate doorway materializes in front of them.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 29th May 2017, 2:41 am

Majet hugs the summoner when she is released, relieved that they could find her in time. She had suspected they'd had passed her or something, at first, but it would seem that was not the case. The Brother had gestured towards the next door, so she rushes on through with the others in tow. Of course, her eyes grow wide with the beauty in this room. It's...breathtaking. In the center of the almost spherical room, a beautiful tree grows and its roots grow all the way up the walls as they completely mask the floor.

She almost tripped over the things, but Syren's right hand grips over her upper arm on she is kept standing by the woman's painful grip. After she regains her balance, Majet thanks her as she rubs the sore spot with a grimace. Syren doesn't apologize, but she shouldn't, anyway. She stopped her from falling onto the chaos of the chamber. The room is mostly dark, so that made it an easy mistake, but there is a ray of light in the center falling down from a hole in the top. The light cascades down to a spot in front of the tree, a small pillar of wooden make.

As the Lady Summoner enters the room, however, the vines move away, slithering upon the ground as snakes would from a fire. Majet's jaw drops, looking down in wonder. Her eyes dart to each of her companions and she is not surprised to see that Syren is as blank as ever behind her. Still, the word slips out, "Wow," as her right hand moves to her chest and she moves back behind Caladhiel so that she can lead and clear them a path.

As they get closer to the pillar, Majet looks upon the top surface to find a small, glossy figurine of a white horse--white, but still wooden. A very different kind of wood than what the pillar is made of, though, because the pillar is a rich, dark wood of some kind. Mahogany and Esther wood, Majet knows. They are uncommon trees. Go figure. When they get up close, Majet hangs back, so as to avoid getting in the way. This is easy enough to do, anyway--as soon as they get even halfway to it, she starts to feel uneasy and wrong. That feeling intensifies as they get closer and Majet easily realizes that this...place isn't for her. She isn't meant to know this Guardian.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th May 2017, 7:35 pm

Caladhiel returns Majet’s hug.  “I am so happy to see all of you.  Now to get the guardian.  Brother may you please show us the way?”

The brother gestures to the door and Majet surprisingly leads the way.  He follows behind all the others.

Kelani follow and holds the door for the others.  He watches the others as he looks around.  Even he has not been in here before.  The room had an earthy feel to it, perfect for the earth guardian.  He watches the other’s reactions.  Majet’s is the best.  He is careful as he follows making sure he does not trip.  He too follows the others.  He watches in awe as the vines move in the wake of Lady Caladhiel.  

He decided to follow her towards the center of the room.  An uneasy feeling comes over him.  It gets worse with each step he takes.  He sighs and stops beside Majet.  “I guess you got the same uneasy feeling as well.”

Caladhiel almost feels like home, except for the warm temperature.  She loves the earthen feel.  As she walks the vines clear out.  The others fall behind her as she clears the path.  The brother follows as well curious as who the guardian will choose.  They are a member short of the usual group.  The people walk forward.  They drop off until it is only Caladhiel standing before the pillar.  She looks back at the others confused.  The brother urges her on.  

She slowly brings her hand up the statue and touches it.  Her eyes open widely as it feels like a jolt goes through her body.  A vine from the statue weaves around her hand up her arm.  She feels a burning sensation on her arm as a mark.  An image of a stallion with branches appears in her head.  She feels light headed and passes out.

The brother is the first one to her.  “It is highly unusual for one to be a summoner and have a guardian.  You will have to watch over her closely.  Now we should get her back.  She won’t be out too long.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 27th June 2017, 6:19 pm

As the summoner is carried from the chamber of roots and earth, Majet follows the priests and the Prince. As she looks back to check that Syren is following, she sees what looks like sadness upon the woman's countenance--but it vanished instantly. She turns back around, feeling guilty, as if she had intruded on some secret moment.

It was shocking to see such emotion on the woman, any emotion at all. Syren doesn't do emotion. Had she invaded her privacy, somehow? It was just a look...surely not. When they reach the main rooms again, she is surprised to see many people celebrating. They pass through the back half of the church on their way through to the rooms and she takes notice of one thing:

The decorative statue in the back of the room behind the altar, a spitting image of the very statue that the summoner had found inside the chambers below, now had glowing, white eyes, lighting up the front end of the church with a dim glow. Interesting.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 28th June 2017, 7:33 pm

Kelani is worried about Lady Caladhiel.  He has never heard of a Summoner being a host to a guardian as well.  He looks at one of the priests.  “Will she be alright?”  

“It is always tasking to receive the Guardian.  I have never seen it happen to a summoner before.  You will have to keep a close eye on her.  She will also need to summon the Guardian before you leave.”

“Don’t worry, we will keep a close eye on her.”  He looks back at Majet and Syren.  He notices some glowing orbs.

Caladhiel’s body may be unconscious, but her mind is anything but.  In her ‘dreams’ she sees a horse like creature. This horse is white and appears to have branches made of tree branches.  His mane looks the same way.  The horse is shorter than her.  His eyes seem to peer into hers.”

The others continue to her room and lie her down.  “She will be safe here, you must be hungry.  Go head to the dining hall.”  The priest tells them.  “We will let you know if she wakes up.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 24th July 2017, 9:19 am

Majet looks back behind her, gazing at the unconscious Summoner before she moves off to dine. She eats a bit, and she notices from the corner of her eye that Syren eats a lot--that woman always did enjoy her food, albeit quietly, but with large quantity. She doesn't take long to excuse herself before returning to the summoner to wait and rest by her side.

Syren simply eats and then returns to her room. The night will be short, probably--and when the day ends, they'll have to travel again. A time that she does not look forward to. More travels, more lands, more threats. The same shit, a different day.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd August 2017, 4:40 pm

Kelani has some food and gathers the supplies for the next leg of their journey.  It is more to keep himself busy.  The ladies split apart as well.  He sees Majet go into the Summoner’s room. While Syren goes towards the ladies dorm.  

Caladhiel approaches the horse in amazement.
 He looks up at her and smiles It is a long time since I was a guardian for a summoner.  “I didn’t know it was even possible.”  She answers.  Normally it is not allowed as it may strain the summoner.  It means that you and your group are meant for great things.  She shakes her head.  “No disrespect, but our group is an odd one.  We were commissioned by royalty themselves.”  You will see how great your group is.  First though you need to wake up.  You will need to summon me before continuing on your journey.

Just like that he was gone.  Caladhiel slowly opens her eyes and sees Majet at her side.  She smiles at her friend.  “Hello there I hope I didn’t worry you.  Obtaining a guarding is quite taxing.”  She slowly sits up.  “I have to summon the guardian before leaving. This is going to be strange.  I have only read tales of a summoner being a host.”    

Kelani pauses outside door, thinking he heard voices.  He will alert the priest that the summoner is awake.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum