Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Guardians

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 2 Empty Legend of Guardians

Post by xenolion 16th August 2015, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Elven King looks at the reports that were placed before him. It is time. Time for the pilgrimage to begin. “Do we have any qualified summoners ready to go?” He asks his counsel.

“There is one in the Arabitylar family. A young woman, she is a mage as well.” The counsel answers.

“Perfect, send a message to the family and also to the human King. I know one of his sons is a mage. He will make a good protector. I cannot believe it already has been a thousand years. We will spread the word to the other nations later. I don’t want our summoner to be alone with the other guardians.” The King sighs. “I only wish there was a different way of doing this.”

~~~~~~

Caladhiel finishes up on the young patient. “Next time us some caution while exploring. It could have been a lot worse than a broken leg.”

“Cala, Cala…” A young girl’s shout is heard. Caladhiel knows immediately who it is. Only one person calls her that. The curtain is pulled open. “Atara nyare amin utu- lle. ta naa horme.*” The young girl pants and switches to common. “There is a royal summons for you.”

Caladhiel gasps, “A royal summon for me? I will be right there.” She looks at the doctor for his dismissal and takes off her labcoat. “Thank you for fetching me Kujara, shall we race home?” The grin on Kujara’s face is wide as she takes off to the house. Caladhiel waits for a few moments to give her sister a head start. She breaks into a sprint.

She lets Kujara touch the door first as she smooths her outfit. Not only is her family a mage family. It is a summoner one as well. It is rare to have a summoner who is both. They had royal visits before but mostly they deal with her parents not with her. She makes sure she is presentable before walking in.

A man in royal robes is sitting by the fireplace enjoying tea with her parents. They all look up as Caladhiel enters the room. “Milday, it is good to see you. I am glad you came quickly. I have a letter here from the king. He wants you to get ready for you pilgrimage. Yours will not be the normal one though. He needs you for a special one. With your parents’ permission of course.” He looks over at the couple seated together.

“But of course, we pledge our services for His Majesty, and that of our daughter.” The Father states.

“Don’t worry about packing too much. His Majesty will provide you with the necessities.” The man states. “However if there is anything personal you need, I will help you pack that. I recommend packing lightly, this is going to be a long trip. Primarily on foot as well.”

Caladhiel bows and goes to her room. She packs her flute, her toiletries, and her crossbow. She cannot help, but be a little nervous. She remember the bedtime stories of pilgrimages that all elves have heard. She wonders who her protectors will be.

*Mother told me to find you. It is urgent.

Meanwhile, have the world away a message is received by the human royalty. They give it to King Frederick immediately upon arrival. He nods at his messenger. “So it begins. Get the Royal carriage set up with plenty of provisions. My son is going to the Elven Castle. Oh and someone fetch Kelani for me as well.”

Kelani is at the mage practice grounds. He is working on picking up his instructor. It is not going so well. “I know you can do this Prince, you have been practicing so hard. Just a little bit higher. I can almost reach the apple.”

“It would have been simpler to bring the apple to you.” Kelani retorts as beads of sweat glisten on his forehead. The door burst open and a guard enters. Kelani loses his concentration as he looks at the guard. The instructor falls on her butt.

“This better be important, can’t you see I am in the middle of a lesson.” The instructor glares at the guard.

“Sir, the King told me to come get you. It is important.” The guard bows.

Kelani shrugs at the instructor. “What can I say, I am a popular one today.” He turns to leave the room but pauses at the door. Only using his mind, he takes the apple from the branch and sets it in the instructor’s hands. “Enjoy.”

Kelani rushes back to the castle, making a stop at his room to dress appropriately. He is told that his father is waiting in the study. “Father, you wanted to see me?”

“Good, good you are here. I got a message from the Elven nation. They have requested you to be a protector for their summoner. I am readying a carriage and your bags as well. You will be protected on your trip to pick up the Summoner, and to bring her back here. I am so proud that you were selected for this pilgrimage. Now go quickly and may your travels be safe.” King Frederick hugs his son.

Kelani is excited, finally something to do. He loves being a Prince, but since he is not heir to the throne, life is a little boring. He goes to his room and makes sure the servants are packing the right things.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of Guardians

Post by JerriLeah7 10th September 2015, 5:47 pm

Darrin accepts the book that Caladhiel slides over to him without hesitation. Opening the book immediately, he begins to read as quickly as he is able. He has taken the elf's silent suggestion as his first command and so he is happy to please and obey. He does this all night, since he does not need sleep, either, and provides his new, secondary master company for the full evening.

Since she had already thanked the King for his hospitality the night before, Majet did not make a point to remain in his castle any longer after waking. The sunrise greeted with the promise of a long, warm day and Majet's stomach felt uneasy.

After gathering her things and wishing farewell to one of the most comfortable beds she has ever before slept on in her life, she takes her leave of the place. The King said very little to them during the visit--he probably wanted them gone as much as she wanted to leave. Majet can't blame him, if that's the case.

Waiting at the entrance of the keep, as she had promised to do, she awaits for the others to arrive. She isn't surprised that Syren arrives rather soon, as well. The woman was quick to eat breakfast and be ready for the day. And, although Darrin was no where to be seen and was surely with the elf as he was commanded, he was also still in charge of Syren's belongings, so the woman had little to do, anyway.

Majet greets her. "Syrendross."

"Majet."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th September 2015, 3:44 pm

Well Darrin can read, or he is a good faker. His extent of obedience make her uneasy. She is used to people with opinions, not a mindless drone. Even servants can hold conversations. She is thankful for the break from him even if it is a short period. After a quick breakfast and making sure she has all her items she looks for the others.

Kelani sees Caladhiel in front of him. “I think the others are waiting on us. We shall greet them and head for the temple.” They walks side by side to the keep entrance. He was right the others are there. “Good morning Ladies. I hope you both had a good night. I know that Lady Caladhiel and Darrin were taking advantage of our library. I guess this is where we start on our journey. The temple is not too far from here. I will show you the way.”

Kelani leaves Caladhiel’s side and goes to the front of the group. He begins to lead them away, then pauses. He glances back over his shoulder at the castle. This is the last time he will see the castle for a while. Sure he has camped before, however he has always had servants with him. Now he is with a group of strangers.

Caladhiel watches Kelani. Humans are very expressive with their body language. She felt the same way when she left her family. She is surprised at the lack of fan fair. Kelani is a prince after all, but at the same time she appreciates it. They start walking again. She is at the back of the group. With her hearing she will be able hear anything trying to sneak up on them. Her archery will be able to hit enemies in front as well. She wonders if they will have any issues on their way to the temple.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 11th September 2015, 6:03 pm

It isn't too long before the three other companions all approach the gate together with Darrin in the lead. He is straggling behind, probably due to his need to retrieve his mistress' things. When they finally meet up, the two say nothing as the human prince immediately takes the lead.

It is then that she and Syren follow behind him without hesitation, walking together. Darrin walks behind them, about ten feet away. Out of the group, it is only Kelani that has the inferior senses...should he really be leading? Then again, he also has a higher constitution than that of the Elf and Drow. Maybe it is best that he is leading, after all.

While she had been waiting, Majet had been in her small form, but when she saw the others arriving in the distance, she returned to her full size. Majet is more comfortable in her small size, but she is much more slow to travel with, due to her short legs, so she will keep her ridiculous height in order to gain land speed.

The elf appears to have a bow and Majet finds it intriguing for a bit as she looks back at the weapon on the woman's back over her own shoulder before turning back to see that the Prince has halted his progress in order to look back on the home that he is leaving. He will probably miss the place. Syren has often said that the humans are often of a nostalgic mind.

And so they travel on, walking for miles and miles and Syren stares forward with silent and stoic eyes. Majet saw much of herself in Syren. Both of them liked to remain neutral and hide their emotions from others. Syren is good at it because she's a cold bitch. Majet is good at it because she is a Spriggan and the Bleaching has simplified this for her.

They also have similar humor...a dark humor that most others will not find amusing in the least. Still, Majet knows better than to have too much fun in front of humans. Elves, she knows far less about, so she's not sure, but she won't put that to chance.

Majet looks over to Syren and smiles, "May I address Darrin, Syren?"

Syren says, "Yes."

Syren doesn't look at her, nor does her expression change. Rather, she simply continues to look forward as they travel and seems entirely uncaring about Majet's inquiry. Majet is used to this kind of response, so she simply hangs back until she Darrin catches up to her spot. She then walks along his side.

"Darrin, I wanted to inquire about your skills. Could you list them for me?" Majet asks.

"Yes, ma'am." Darrin replies with a nod, "I can cook, butcher, bake, hunt, write in seven languages, speak eight languages, track, tumble, and I have minor, non-combative magical abilities that I have been forbidden to disclose."

"Oh, excellent." Majet replies with a smile, "If you need help hunting, just let me know. I can--well, I'm sure Syren told you of my abilities, yes?"

Darrin says, "No, she did not. Lady Syrendross stated that if I wished to learn of your abilities, I must wait until you tell me, because those are your facts to tell."

"...Oh." Majet says, mildly stunned. She didn't expect such a reply, not from Darrin, nor from Syren. She is ready to say more, but Syren looks back to say something of her own.

"Darrin, let her help. You should teach her." Syren says, "Her hunting abilities are shit."

"Yes, Mistress." Darrin replies immediately.

Majet sticks out her tongue, playfully glaring at the woman. Syren does love to insult her skills, that much she expected. Syren had already turned back around, however, and missed her gesture of response. Such a shame.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th September 2015, 12:59 pm

It is quiet for the first part of the trip. Caladhiel likes that. It is better for her to listen for enemies. It is only when Majet asks Syrendross to speak to Darrin that the silence is broken. Caladhiel makes note of two things: One Majet calls her Syren, and two even she needs to ask permission to even speak to Darrin. She will have to try to remember that as she is not used to Drow culture. It is hard to tell from their silence, but their body language shows companionship at some level.

Caladhiel listens to Darrin’s answers to Majet’s questions. She is good at long range hunting with the bow. “I will be willing to help too. I am used to hunting game in the mountains of Zordlon. Although I am not that good at dressing the animals.” Her face cringes. She smiles at Majet’s response to Syrendross’ insult. It appears that she at least have a sense of humor.

“So what other abilities do you have Lady Majet?” Caladhiel asks.

Kelani listens to the conversation behind him. He is surprised of the formality of the Drow social interactions. Even his servants are allowed to speak to others. Sometimes they take advantage of that too much.

On the road in front of him he sees a carriage, it is not a fancy one. It looks like it was ransacked. “Keep alert.” He calls as they approach. The horses are gone. It saddens Kelani that the roads are not safe. It isn’t until they get closer that they see a lone male human unconscious at the back of the carriage. “We should search to see if the accosters are still around.”

Caladhiel is the last to approach. “I will check to see if he is alright. It looks like who, or whatever did this got everything.”

Kelani was going to stop her, but remembers that she is a healer. “Go ahead see if he is alright. The Legend should pass by on their patrol shortly and will assist him.

Caladhiel didn’t wait for Kelani’s permission and was down at the man’s side. She touches him and does a scan. “He is pretty banged up, but nothing serious. I will take away the bruises, but he will have to wake up on his own.” She whispers her spell and heals the bruises.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th September 2015, 9:34 pm

Majet looks back at Caladhiel with interest as she offers to assist, as well. She does have hunting skills, which is good, in its own way. This means that Darrin probably won't need her help, at all, with a ranger on the team. Convenient. The elf then asks about her abilities.

Majet shrugs modestly, "Nothing special. You and the Drow never sleep, have enhanced senses...I have none of that, except for a little low-light vision. You've already seen my size alteration. Other than that, I just have Force Wood."

With these last words, she takes her staff off of her back and twirls it in her hands. As it is spinning, the staff shortens and shifts until it eventually becomes a small and light, wooden shield that is spinning, instead.

After she shifts the wood back into a staff, she hears the human Prince speak, requesting alertness ahead. She turns her attention ahead and is quick to find a damaged man, probably robbed by vagabonds of some kind. She can see Syren visibly tense up and become highly focused and feels at ease, somehow, to see the familiar movement from her companion.

The Summoner instantly moves to heal the injured man and Majet watches with intently, as do the Drow. It is cool to see such magics at work, at least to Majet, anyway. She's never before seen that kind of ability, but she is extremely grateful that she was born with a different Force, rather than that of Force Heal. Ick.

"Darrin, stay with Caladhiel." Syren commands, "I will scout the area for any remaining, nearby threats. Majet. Move the human towards those bushes, where he will have cover until he is taken by the Guard."

"Yes, Mistress." Darrin says immediately as Majet simply nods.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th September 2015, 12:24 pm

Caladhiel gives permission for the man to be moved. “Please be gentle though, he is still injured.” Brain injuries are quite tricky even for the best of healers. She is not at that level yet. She knows he did get hit hard enough to render him unconscious.

Kelani follows the other ladies, but hangs back a little. He looks down on the trail and sees a trail of horse hooves. “It appears they may have gone this way with the horses.” He calls out.

Caladhiel sits with the man behind the bushes. There is nothing else she can do to heal him, but it is safer than out in the open. “Darrin, while the others are away. Please tell me a little bit about the Drow culture? You seem like a very intelligent man. Why are you a servant too Lady Syrendross?”

The human begins to moan and slowly opens his eyes. He focuses them on the Elf and Drow as in disbelief. “You must be members of the Summoner’s party. Please, I have a message for the Summoner.” He slowly sits up.

Caladhiel helps the man into a seated position. “Please be careful, you were beaten up pretty badly. I am the summoner, you can tell your message to me.

“You should exercise caution with your journey lady Summoner. There are those who will try to stop you. There are also those who will help you along as well. Be leery of those you trust though. People who may seem friendly may not be in the end.” The man takes a breath. “I know those who attacked me may have taken most of my things. However there is a secret compartment, look in the front under where the driver puts his feet. There should be a satchel, I want you to have it. There are potions and money that will help you on your journey.”

Caladriel goes to the carriage and digs around the front. She finds a loose board and move it away. There is the bag the man tells her about. She takes it and brings it back to the man. “Are you sure you will not need this?”

“No Lady Summoner, I have a feeling you may need it more than I.” The man assures her. On the bag there is a symbol. It is an opened red rose outlined in gold on a field of black.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 20th September 2015, 3:55 pm

Doing as she is told, Majet is careful to move the injured human to good cover behind the bushes as is required for necessary protection from any ranged attacks. For a moment, she thinks that Syren has already disappeared, but when the Prince takes note of the tracks he has found, she is quick to move to the prince and investigate on her own.

She begins to move along the trail of marks left, but not until after she indicates for Majet to scout the opposite side of the area with their familiar, scouting sign language. She leaves the Summoner with Darrin, as she knows that the servant will keep an eye on her and keep her safe.

She wanders off to search for any indication that a thread could possibly be nearby, but she doubts that she will find anything, since there really does not seem to be any other tracks elsewhere other than the tracks that Syren has decided to cover.

Darrin looks up at Caladhiel as she speaks to him and he nods his head with approval at her inquiry towards the Drow culture. "I can always teach you whatever you wish to know, of course. I am a servant because I am--"

The man wakes up and Darrin looks down with sympathy. The man doesn't look all that well off, even after the elf's healing abilities have improved his condition. Though, the largest part of that may have something to do with the mental trauma of the experience, rather than physical injuries.

The man speaks with her and Darrin listens carefully, taking not of the gift she has been given with quiet analysis before looking at the Summoner with quiet warning in his eyes as he says: "You may wish to show this to our comrades and the Mistress before we do anything with it."

Darrin then looks down at the human, "Are you feeling okay? Is there something that we can do for you?"

While Majet is leaving to head to the opposite end of the region, Syrendross looks over the tracks with quiet speculation. She moves around the base of them for some time before quietly moving forward and following them away from the carriage for quite some distance.

It isn't until she follows the path for some time that she finally stands erect for the first time in a while and looks at the Prince directly. "I doubt they will turn back. Their speed and direction indicates a lack of interest in this area, now. I theorize that we should be fine."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th September 2015, 5:01 pm

Kelani nods. “We should return to the others then. I am impressed by your tracking abilities. They will be helpful on this journey.”

“Thank you for your concern, but I am doing fine. I am just thankful you came along Lady Summoner. I know the Legion will be along, so please continue on your journey.” The man looks at Caladhiel. “I know you will save the world.”

Caladhiel smiles at the man. “Thank you so much for your confidence. I don’t know about saving the world, but we will do our best on our journey.” She turns her attention to Darrin. “I will be sure to show them once we get settled. For now we should find the others and continue on to the temple. We will talk later about the Drows.”

Kelani and the others return to the carriage. He sees the man and goes to him. “Are you feeling alright, I apologize that you were attacked on a main road.”

The man bows his head. “Majesty, thank you for your concern, but I will be just fine. The roads are a lot safer now than they ever were thanks to your father. Now go on with the others and make us all proud.”

“The Legion will be along shortly, and according to Lady Syrendross, you should be safe until then.” Kelani informs him before turning to Caladhiel. “We will be arriving at the temple shortly. We should continue on if we want to make it there before dark.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 20th September 2015, 7:16 pm

Majet makes it back to the others just as Syren and the Prince are doing the same. It would appear that the human has returned to his usual state of consciousness, which is great, and so perhaps they will now be able to continue on with their journey.

After a few adjustments of their baggage and the re-collection of their belongings that they had been carrying, the group is then ready to move once more. Majet is intrigued as to how long the human has been awake and if he was able to give much information on the ones that attacked him.

However, she is sure that the Summoner took care of all of the important information before the left. They have only been traveling for a little while longer when she can see the somewhat reluctant expression on Syren's face...or at least, as close to an expression that the Drow is capable of expressing.

"What is it?" Majet asks.

Syren replies, "Unfortunately, I do not believe that we will make it before nightfall. Our options will be to either travel overnight or to make camp before sunset and pepare a meal before resting."

Majet is mildly surprised at this, simply because she is not used to being given any such option before. During their scouting, the time granted for rest was always somewhat harsh in the past. Syren pushed them on for most of the night hours and only gave in when the Spriggan in her party began to droop and could walk no further.

Majet has gotten used to it, after so many missions with the woman, and became somewhat impressively fortified against the sleep deprivation in comparison to the other, newer Spriggan that were assigned to scout with Syrendross' party. It is due to her adaptation that she was so often assigned to Syren, rather than other scout leads.

Last edited by Leah7 on 22nd September 2015, 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th September 2015, 10:41 pm

Kelani hears Syrendross express her concern. “I thank you very much for thinking of myself and Lady Majet. I know you and the others don’t need to sleep at all.” He thinks for a moment. “I know there is an area that would be perfect for camping. It is a resting spot when we rest the horses in the carriage.

They did not stay too long after the others returned. Caladhiel is thankful for the break as well. Not that she needed to sleep, but she is not used to walking like this. “That sounds perfect. It will give us a chance to set up camp.” She looks between Syrendross and Darrin. “I guess we are going to stand guard as the others sleep.” She is a bit nervous about being alone with them. One elf against two Drows, anything can happen.

They walk a bit further and Kelani leads them just a little off the main road. The setting is ideal for camping. The ground is flat and there is a stream close by. “This is the place I was talking about.” Kelani sets down his bag. “There should be plenty of twigs nearby for a fire. Who is going to hunt for the food tonight?” He is not looking forward to camping out, but will not complain. He knows it will not help the situation at all.

Caladhiel looks around the area Kelani lead them too. “Wow, this is really nice. I cannot believe how warm it is here. I bet people camp all the time.” She too is not looking forward to camping. It is so dirty. At least they have a stream nearby to wash up in. “I would like to be on the hunting party, unless Lady Majet wants to be for the first night.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd September 2015, 3:20 pm

Prince Kelani leads them to an excellent camping place and Majet watches as Darrin immediately begins to set up the camp area, just as he did the night before. It only takes him about half an hour to fix up Syren's tent while Maject moves to collect the firewood for the campfire.

Darrin had set up the fire the night before, but she has no trouble doing it, this time. As her servant, he has no issues with the usual, but Majet doesn't like to make him do everything all of the time.

Lady Syrendross merely looks about the area cautiously until her tent is set up completely. When the Summoner speaks about the night watch, she looks over at her blankly and speaks bluntly while Darrin moves onto setting up his own bedroll as he usually does.

"I am the Night watch. You and Darrin are the hunters." Syren says.

Darrin says, "Yes, Mistress. Is there anything I can do for you before I go?"

Majet has returned with the firewood by this point, and simply watches as Syren shakes her head with a silent no. She sets it all down, placing rocks around the wood in a usual fashion, but Darrin instantly moves forward to improve her work.

Darrin digs a small pit where the wood can go and helps her to improve the stone barrier around it. Majet smiles at him appreciatively as she helps him before moving on to her own bedroll near the fire.

"Thank you, Darrin." Majet says pleasantly.

Darrin bows to Majet and then says, "Lady Caladhiel, do you have a tent or bedroll that needs servicing?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 24th September 2015, 6:05 pm

Kelani scratches his head as he begins to unpack his stuff. He has seen a tent set up before and has helped on occasions, but is a little rusty. He finally gets it set up. He is surprised by Lady Syrendross’ bossiness. Up until now she was aloof. There was a part of him that wanted to confront her, but he knows at the same time that is not a good way with dealing with Drow.

Caladhiel takes her bag off her back. She sees Darrin busy setting up Lady Syrendross’ items. She feels for him and never figured the Drow women to be lazy. He is a servant, yes, but the poor man is also a living being. She is a little offended when Syrendross finally does speak with her. She knows she offered to do the hunting, but that does not mean she can’t do both. It is not like she won’t be awake. “Fine, I will do the hunting. However if you need a break during the watch, please let me know.”

She unpacks her stuff in an orderly fashion. She is not too excited about camping outdoors. At least it is not raining. She does not like to be covered by mud at all. Darrin asks if she needs any help. She smiles at him. “I am a bit particular about my set up. It is better if I do it myself. Let me know when you are ready to go hunting. I know I saw some rabbits while we were walking.”

“We will have the fire started for you for when you return from hunting.” Kelani smiles as he exits his tent. “Thank you Lady Syrendross for doing the night watch. And for you, Lady Majet for helping set up the fire pit. I cannot wait to see what Lady Caladhiel and Mister Darrin bring back from hunting.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 26th September 2015, 9:17 am

Majet watches Darrin as he pulls out a long, cylindrical tube and a small, black box. She's well familiar with the contraption, as it is his hunting tool. He moves to the edge of the campsite and waits for the Elf to be ready before he leaves to hunt. Lady Syrendross disappears inside of her tent. The fire area is ready, the sun is close to setting, and the nearby stream trickles nature's music to her ears.

The Spriggan sits on her own bedroll after laying it out, but looks over at Prince Kelani as he finishes setting up his own tent and things. The man seems like he can handle himself rather well, which would make sense if he was chosen for this responsibility.

The King has probably placed a lot of pressure on the poor human, just as Fenfear has placed the same pressure on her. After all, if he fails this mission, a war will start thereafter and it would be the King's own name to be blamed for it in his lands. Majet can relate with that all too well.

Feeling slightly more comfortable with her new company, Majet does something she feels like she hasn't done in forever. She shrinks down into her usual, small size and her height shifts from 8'9 to 4'6 once more. Her clothes and other things on her body shrink with her, including her staff.

She feels a little better.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th September 2015, 11:49 am

Kelani sees Majet at a smaller size. He knows that the Spriggans have two sizes from his studies. “I am glad to see you at your regular size. If you ladies want to clean up at the stream, I will keep watch.” He is thankful for the guards to teach him how to camp at least a little bit. He can only imagine if his brother had taken his journey, it would not be good.

Caladhiel grabs her bow and follows Darrin. He is carrying a tool she has never seen before. “What is that? I don’t think I have seen anything like it before.” She is quite agile and quiet, used to hunting in the mountains. She hunts more as a hobby than survival though.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 26th September 2015, 6:24 pm

The human prince tells her that he is glad to see her at her true size before offering the ladies a chance to clean up. She wonders why he is happy to see her this way? Surely, her taller size isn't intimidating...

"Thanks for the offer, Prince Kelani." Majet says, "I will wash up with the other two after Darin and Caladhiel return. Then all of us ladies can all wash up together while you and Darrin keep us covered. Sound good?"

Darrin smiles, "It is blow darts. The darts are inside my box. I am good with stealth, my lady, but I was hoping you could target some rabbits while I target others. If we get a good amount, I'm rather skilled at preparing and cooking them all with decent speed. We can make good time."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th September 2015, 8:12 pm

Kelani nods. “That makes sense as well.” He scratches his head. “Is there anything that needs to be done before they return?” He is so used to camping with guards. They would throw around balls or other thing to pass the time. That would not work with these ladies.

Caladhiel grins at Darrin. “Excellent, we should get a little bit of distance between us and try to get some dinner.” She looks at the trees and finds one that is perfect to climb. She looks around, hoping to find something to shoot at. She does not have to wait too long before seeing a good size rabbit. She reaches back for an arrow and knocks it. The rabbit tenses up and appears to be ready to bolt. She waits for it to calm down before taking her shot. It hits the rabbit perfectly. It runs only for a short distance before collapsing.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st October 2015, 10:50 am

Majet sits there awkwardly as the two hunters disappear off into the distance. Part of her is mildly anxious about losing sight of the Summoner, since she is meant to protect her and all, but she knows her first duty is to keep an eye on Syren, so that's just what she's going to do.

Majet replies to Prince Kelani's question. "I don't believe so. Why don't you sit and we can talk for a while? I'm interested in learning about your people. Do you really bond and marry for love? I heard that you have many traditions for events and holidays, especially marriage."

Darrin nods his head and soon separates from the Summoner, though not so far as to be unable to hear her in the distance with the advanced hearing that he shares with her. Using his dart shot, Darrin eventually manages to get three rabbits, putting them to sleep almost instantly.

One of the rabbits was found with babies, however, so he decided to leave this one alone and find another. The children would not be much meat and to leave them unprotected would be rather unkind.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 1st October 2015, 4:54 pm

Kelani sits down on the ground by Majet. “It feels good to relax a little.” He raises his eyebrow at Majet’s questions. Of all the topics, why is she most interested in marriage? “I will be happy to answer your questions. For most people marriage is for love, although there are others who do marry for power as well. Love is an emotion no one can describe properly. Marriage ceremonies are some of the most traditional. It also varies slightly from region, but the outcome is the same. I know too will like to know more about the ways of the Spriggan and the others. I may not be the next one in line to the throne, but it is a good thing to know.”

Caladhiel manages to get another rabbit. She leans against the tree as she waits for Darrin to rejoin her. She closes her eyes to take in the sounds of the forest. It is different than the ones at home. This one seems more alive. The smells are different too. It does not have the evergreen in the air like the mountains do. She is happy that she is able to experience, not too many elves travel outside of Zordlon.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd October 2015, 12:54 pm

Majet nods her head with interest as he explains the customs for the humans. It seems not surprising, that not all marry for their love. After all, she doubts the high-class citizens have such luxuries. Most of them, she has heard, consider those of commoner classes as beneath them, and so therefore would never wed them. Humans (and Drow, for that matter) can be so complicated, sometimes.

Majet looks out at the stream, listening to the sounds of its movement with contentment. "Spriggan are...we do not have marriage. We rarely have a life mate. Our pairings are much more brief and not always...consensual."

Honestly, she envies that of the Humans the most. They usually marry and stay with that one individual. They have families. Although the "love" aspect of a family unit is not familiar to her due to the Bleaching, there are many benefits she would wish to have, such as that shared protection.

Darrin has hunted another rabbit, but he is distracted, now by the Elf. She is relaxing, probably waiting for him. He stares at her in the distance, finding her somewhat alluring. The fact that she is as graceful as a Drow, but still lighter is intriguing.

He does eventually move up to her, nodding his head as he lifts up his bag to show that he has succeeded in a few hunts, himself. "It would seem we will eat well tonight. After the mistress retires, we can discuss lessons regarding the Drow, if you'd like."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd October 2015, 4:07 pm

Kelani watches Majet’s expressions as she talks to him. “Humans are not perfect and sometime their relations reflect that as well. It is harder for the women than men too. So if Spriggan affairs are brief how are offspring handled?” Kelani must admit he is curious about the social interactions with the Spriggian.

Caladhiel nods as Darrien approaches. “Excellent, I hope we don’t have too much. I don’t think it will travel well. I hope you don’t mind carrying a few more rabbits. I am a healer, but still get a bit squeamish with cleaning animals. Thank you for helping me to learn more about the Drows. I know it will help later on. Most Drows I have heard about are like…Well Lady Syrendross.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 6th October 2015, 7:00 pm

Majet shrugs, "The child is raised by the mother until they become ten years of age. If it is a girl, the child must then learn to fend for itself and make a home for itself. If the child is a boy, the boy goes to the father to learn of its ancestry and of the means to bring honor to its birth name."

She looks up at the sky as it gets darker and wonders how her mother is, just now. The woman is a fine cook and cleaner, one of the quietest women among the Spriggan that Majet has ever known. She is nothing like her mother, which is a good thing.

"Survival is necessary for our species, so we do what we can to reproduce, but life mates are considered unnecessary, as a whole, and are generally never seen, unless there is some benefit to be found in it, such as a treaty between clans or tribes." Majet says, "Even so, such bonds aren't usually monogamous."

It is then that Syren comes out of her tent and she asks a question so bluntly that Majet freezes up, perplexed. She didn't expect the sudden Drow's attention.

The Drow asks, "You aren't fully bleached, are you?"

Majet does not reply, so Syren comes out and stares at her coldly, crossing her arms as she sits close to invade her space. A clear attempt to add to her discomfort. She asks again.

"It is important to this mission. We deserve to know." Syren says.

"....no," Majet finally answers, clearly displeased, "I am not. Keep that to yourself."

Syren nods, so Majet takes her at her word. She's never known Syren to be a gossip...obviously, since she doesn't talk, anyway, but...still. It was an uncomfortable situation and if most of her tribe knew, she'd have been kicked from the hometown long ago.

----
Darrin takes the rabbits that the Summoner has hunted and places them in his bag. He smiles at her with approval at her assistance and listens to her talk and give thanks. He isn't used to such kind behavior, but it is to expected from the ignorant, so he lets it slide.

"You must hunt often," Darrin says, "It is good to have help. I can take care of the rest of the cooking and preparing on my own. I am quite skilled with it."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th October 2015, 7:45 pm

Kelani listens to Majet intently thankful she is so willing to tell about her people’s ways. Lady Syrendross comes and interrupts. The woman is so blunt and serious. Which is typical for a drow. However when she does speak it is usually important. “What is bleaching?” Kelani asks gently.

Caladhiel and Darrin return to the camp. She sees the three of them together. “Our hunt was successful. Darrin is going to clean and prepare dinner. You guys did a good job setting up camp. So did I miss anything?”

“We were talking about our cultures. I learned a lot so far from Lady Majet.” Kelani looks over at Caladhiel and Darrin as they approach. He hopes their presence will not scare off Majet from being so open. He offers her a seat next to him.

Caladhiel looks around before sitting down on the ground. She does not like sitting on the dirt, but since the others are, so will she. “If you don’t mind, I would love to learn as well.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 6th October 2015, 8:08 pm

Majet is amazed at how quickly the other two return. She is grateful for the interruption of the two as they return, but the topic returns once more of their cultures and Majet realizes she probably won't be able to get off of this topic until she gets it out of the way.

Darrin simply moves away on the other side of his Mistress' tent, as to prepare the food. She looks at Prince Kelani with a neutral expression, but hesitates before she replies.

"According to the fairy tales, bleaching began in the Gnomes. In essence, the Bleaching is a sort of unnatural aging that the Gnomes had experienced from their migration into this realm of mortality. In the olden days, this realm was but a pale imitation to their homeland, so the Gnomes required adventures of vivid and wonderous experiences in this world, else they would undergo the bleaching and die."

Majet coughs, but continues. "Now, it is what separates the Spriggan from the Gnomes. The newer generations of the Gnome grew to adapt to this place and no longer become bleached from the environment. The Spriggan, however, are the direct ancestors of the Gnomes that could do not adapt."

"Our skin is darkened and faded, just as our emotions, are. Spriggan do not feel love. We do not feel happiness or relief. We only feel negative and more morbid feelings, such as lust or hatred. Any emotion we feel, however, is almost always dulled in comparison with other races. This is why life mates are not necessary."

"Does Fenfear know?" Syren asks, placing her hand on her book as she stands to return to her tent.

Majet looks at her coldly, but forces a reply, "Yes. It is why I am here."

She watches as Syren smirks and then turns to her tent and Majet's blood boils with irritation and almost anger. She watches her enter the tent with a glare at the woman's back, but she says nothing. A Drow will be a Drow.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th October 2015, 9:01 pm

Caladhiel listens to with interest to Majet. Her eyes follow Syrendross back to her tent. “Is Syrendross always so…blunt? So what would happen if you don’t get fully bleached?” She has a kind yet curious expression on her face.

Kelani watches Caladhiel with interest. She is a beautiful elf and has an innocence about her. Even though she is way older than he in human years. He is glad that she asked the question of Majet because he too was curious.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th October 2015, 12:24 pm

Majet frowns, halfway, her mind now moving from irritation to thought as she consider's the summoner's question.

"Well, you don't get bleached." Majet answers reluctantly, "You either are born with it or you aren't. The thing is, if you're pureblood Spriggan, then you are bleached."

She knows she'll have to reveal why she's not fully bleached, but she can only hope that these four won't tell anyone else, now that they are hearing about it. However, Syren is right...it would be wrong not to tell them, considering their mission.

"I'm not fully bleached because I'm not full Spriggan. I have human in my blood, from two of my four grandparents. Due to the large amount of human in my blood, I do still feel...some emotions. I feel more intensely than my kind and I can feel joy or other more positive feelings.

...If my Tribe knew, they would kick me out. Emotions aren't necessary where I live. They are a weakness."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top