Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 20 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 20 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 1:36 am

Henry kept his eyes shut as they laid him down, trying to drown out their sounds of conversation. He cringed as they spoke, and finally at a word from the woman Alfie and the demon fell silent.

He took a breath. Helena. "Alfredo," he said. "The girl. She got shot..."

He tried to push himself off the bed, cringing. "Get me off here," he muttered. She needed the bed more than him, she'd lost blood...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 1:41 am

At his words, Lucia sniffed the air. "Dammit to hell," she growled, "how did I not notice."

She turned to regard the woman. "You. The bed over there. Now. And you, sir, lay down or I'll have the medibot use your head for a Congo drum, am I clear?"

She was up in an instant, overriding the mouthy woman's protests. Alfredo had to give Lucia credit, she was a force of nature unto herself. She already was treating the wound.

"Gunshot, light pistol, no vitals--aren't you a lucky one?" she commented. "Never get a husband, though, if you scar up this body. Alfie, I need some water for the lady. She'll need fluids."

Alfredo nodded. "She won't die, I assure you," he commented, getting up. "She loves hearing herself talk too much..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 1:44 am

"No, shit-" Kropp hissed, clearly not enjoying the rough, or rather curt, treatment. "And hey, side note; I'm a human being, not a piece of pork." He reclined and sighed, Helena quickly becoming firmly rooted to his side. He looked up at her, an expression of 'what the fuck have you gotten me into' slathered all over his face.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry-" She said, patting him on the forehead.
"If I am out of it for more than a week I swear to all that is holy and good and this world, Helen; I will murder you."
She frowned and glared down at him jokingly. "I'd like to see you try, cockersnipe!"
She looked up at Henry, giving Kropp a small nudge on the shoulder before moving back to the older man.
"Lay back down, Henry, I'm fine. It's barely there, not even a scratch." Despite her words, she was feeling considerably light headed, and felt like she'd pass out. But like hell was she letting him know that. But, before she could protest, the woman swept her up.
"Hey, hey! I'm- fine." She sighed. "I don't want a husband!"
"She'll never get one anyway, with that mouth!" Kropp laughed.
"Shut up!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 2:01 am

Henry growled, laying back down hard in the bed as the woman grabbed Helena and started treating her as well. He slitted his eyes open, cringing at the light not only from the room but from the auras around him. Hailey's was missing though - had she left? And Etrigan's was strangely softened.

He closed his eyes again and let out a hiss of air. Shiiiit. The demon, he knew where the house was, he knew about Alfredo, Hailey, everything. "Alfredo," he said. "I'm sorry, I... mucked up." Damn that woman for being here, he couldn't talk with her around, or with this pounding in his head, he should have just turned and run when the demon showed up then...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 2:17 am

It didn't take long for Lucia to have the woman cleaned and bandaged. In an instant, she was right back over to the burned man, treating his burns and cuts.

"You look a respectable sort--aside from the job done on you," Lucia commented. "So I'll reserve judgement on you. However," her gaze hardened to give even the most stalwart soldier pause, "if any harm comes to that young man over there, keep in mind I'm a doctor and I will have you shitting out your piss pipe, if you catch my meaning..."

Alfredo sighed as he rolled his eyes. She never changed. Etrigan, on the other hand, was regarding Henry.

"Not finding my kin such an easy sort?" he inquired coldly. "You provoked a fight and found yourself the sport." His eyes glowed brighter as they passed over Alfredo. "The next few days will see you through. You have some new security measures to do..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 2:24 am

Kropp recoiled, looking from Helena to the woman with an expression of confusion.
"I- I didn't say anything." He replied, trying to be as respectful as possible.
"And trust me he's far from respectable." Helena laughed, leaning back in the bed, wincing.
"Shut it, you! Listen, ma'am- I don't know what you think I do- but I wouldn't hurt a kid." He sighed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 2:25 am

Once inside Hailey had ignored all the comotion caused by the new girl.. Her headache was still present and she definetely was not helping it.

She went back to her room right away, and once there she changed into short shorts and a tank top that revealed her belly.. she would burn the clothes she was wearing the next day.. she did not want to have the memories of what she did to the woman.

Once dressed comfertably, she lays down on her bed and simply meditates.. how could she control the madness, the evil seeping into here, And why was it already happening to her..

It normally only happens after decades of exposure, thus why her dad had been through it... but her.. she was only twenty six... had she really been exposed that much...

She had to find a way to control it.. as much as she hated it, she would have to speak to Etrigan..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 2:37 am

It was Etrigan who answered him, and he slitted his eyes open to look at him. The doctor didn't seem to notice the demon at all. Blind to him, then...?

His aura was cold, stone-like, and he grimaced at his words. He camoflaged his damn aura, he wanted to say, but with everyone else there...

But circumstances didn't make his point any less valid. Or painful. He clenched his hands into fists at his side, closing his eyes again. Damn it. From the way the woman was talking she'd slit his throat if she learned how he was putting Alfredo in danger...

He'd have to ask Etrigan about the demon, later. About how he hid himself like that. There couldn't be that many powerful demons, either, maybe he'd have some idea of who or what he was...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 2:50 am

Finally, it was Henry's turn. She went to his ankles immediately and Alfredo brought him water. He made a face as Lucia nodded approvingly.

"Not very kind to your ankles," she commented, feeling around them. "You're lucky, not broken, but badly sprained. Keep them elevated."

She wrapped them up and put ice on them, then proceeded to tend his other injuries. "You set Alfie's bone quite well--an experienced airman, I see. Thank you. I just wish he'd quit this mad quest to find his f--"

"I thank you to keep your mind focused to the task!" Alfredo snapped, cutting her off."

Lucia rolled her eyes, but stopped talking. Finally, she was done. She stepped back and washed her hands.

"I'll be back to check on you all," she said shortly. "And Alfie, do try and stay out of trouble, won't you? I can still put you in a headlock, lest you forget."

Alfredo went red in the face. He hadn't forgotten, indeed...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 3:02 am

After the woman left Helen sighed and rolled onto her uninjured side.
"So would anyone care to fill me in because I'm completely lost." She sighed, looking at Henry. " You feeling any better?"
"Oh great don't ask about your ole' pa Kropp, here. No it's not like he just found out soldiers of hell exist and just got turned into burned pork chops by a fucking family possessed."
"Well I could tell from the way you were insulting me a minute ago you were fine." She replied, to which Kropp clicked his tongue and rolled over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 3:10 am

Henry brought up a hand to rub at his forehead. "Fine," he insisted, "I'm fine." Just shut up and let me rest in peace. He sighed. "Like I said. Had worse."

He pushed himself up to sit now that the woman was gone, as much as it pained him. He didn't want Helena worrying about him. I am fine. Not bleeding, no permanent injuries.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 8:59 am

"Bother, I'm glad she's gone..." Alfredo said with relief. "She's a right terror, and none of her threats are idle ones, I assure you." He shuddered. "I'd actually pity the poor mugger that tried to accost her on the way home, she'd tear them limb from limb! She knows all these pressure points--comes from her time in the Orient--and I've seen her tear apart a man just by striking seemingly insignificant spots on the body! Hardly seems fair..."

He cleared his throat. "Anyway, neither here nor there," he went on. "Let's help you lot get into the Healing Module--unless you want to be laid up for the weeks to months it would normally take a person to recover...?" Not to mention it would get you two out of my house all the sooner...

Upstairs, Lucia quickly rounded the house searching until she came to the door to the room that Hailey was occupying. She pulled out a set of lockpicks and instantly got the door open.

"You'd have liked to have thought I'd forgotten about you, eh dollymop?" she commented, eying her clothing with distaste.

She quickly crossed the room and had Hailey's hands in her own, inspecting them. "Thought so," she commented. "Of the lot of them, you seem to be the only one who didn't sustain serious injury--but these could still get infected what with the way you're acting like they don't exist--people, never understand them."

The medibot on the right opened a compartment in its chest and handed her some solution and rag. She at once set to cleaning Hailey's wounded hands. "I'd be worried about a drifter like you staying here if I didn't know that Alfie doesn't see you as a woman--any woman for that matter." She snickered as she shook her head with amusement. "Bless the little bugger." She glared up at Hailey as the medibot began giving her bandages and she started wrapping them. "Be that as it may, I hope you aren't getting the boy into any kind of trouble--such a shame what a torn vein could do..."

She was on her feet in an instant. "Well, my job is done here," she said, sanitizing her hands with the rag the robot gave her. "Good night, dollymop." And she was gone.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 9:35 am

The girl was lucky she left when she did... Hailey wouldn't have taken much more of her talk. As she leaves, Hailey looks at her hands for a few seconds before digging her face into her palms.

She had to be strong.. she had to get through this.. she still had to beat them... for her family.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 11:01 am

"Healing what?" Helena and Kropp said, overlapping each other; shooting each other similar looks of confusion. Kropp then directed some panicked attention to the demon speaking to Henry; Helen looked up, having noticed him before. She sighed, looking over to the boy.
"Care to introduce yourself before you start trying to shove us in machines and whatnot? Also me and my companion are slightly...curious about your friend." She gestured to the demon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 11:07 am

"Isn't it customary to introduce yourselves first?" Alfredo said, as he ushered them onward. "After all, you two are the guests in my house.

"As for Etrigan," he went on, "let's just say he's a resident I was unaware of until a few months ago. However, as long as you don't try to harm him, he will accord you the same." He shot a quick, dubious look in Helena's direction before moving on.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 11:13 am

"I'm Helena Volkov and this is my companion Albert Kropp." Helena answered quickly. "You have a demon living in your house and you don't mind?"
"It wouldn't be the weirdest thing that happened today." Kropp sighed.
"True. But I think you owe us your name, now."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 11:18 am

"Alfredo Wontner," he replied. "And that's a story for another time. Suffice it to say, he's harmless as long as you don't attack him--his mouth is another story, too."

He opened the Module and ushered them in, resisting the urge to go in himself. He could wait a few hours. It was just a lucky thing he still had a couple spare bedrooms available. Anymore visitors, though, and he'd likely run out--or would have to clean the clutter out of the bedrooms he was using as storage space...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 11:23 am

Kropp and Helena stayed close to each other in the machine- becoming increasingly irritated with the boy.
"Oi, I'm not particularly fond of being tortured and then used as a guinea pig." Kropp snapped.
"Is this thing even safe?" Helena questioned, glaring at the boy.
"Last time I was shoved in a machine I had a problem sitting down for a week."
"Way to ease my agitation, Kropp."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 11:28 am

"Well," Alfredo said, "this room has no harmful side effects, but--" he pulled out the healing gun, "this one guarantees instant healing if you want to risk a blinding headache for the next week? Any takers? No? Sure? You could be comfy in your own beds before daybreak."

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 1st January 2013, 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 11:34 am

Helena and Kropp began to relax, but their annoyance with the boy did not waver.
"I'd like if you didn't shove me into a small room without telling me what the hell it does, and I'd sincerely request that you didn't treat me and my lady friend as nuisances. Considering we sort of helped your friend exorcise a nest of evil."
Helena sighed, she'd had enough of bickering for the moment. She instead leaned back against the wall and closed her eyes; Kropp eventually following suit, giving up on arguing with the boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 11:41 am

Alfredo sighed. "I would think the words 'Healing Module' were self-explanatory," he replied levelly. "And forgive me if I can't bring myself to like a woman whose first inclination when we met was to have a piss at my injuries! You're not the only one who's tangled with demons tonight, thank you. Or did you think I got this--" he pointed at his broken arm "--from playing a rough game of badminton?

"And at least I'm treating you--I could've told him no when he asked to bring you lot. Now, if you'll excuse me."

He turned, shutting the door after him. There was still the matter of analyzing the data from the evening, but first, considering the level of damage they all seemed to have warranted further inquiry.

"Alright, what did happen?" he inquired, having noticed Henry earlier resisting his urgings to go into the HM. "You look as bad as I did earlier--and that's saying something considering..." Considering that they had more fighting talent than he did. "And make it quick, old timer, so we can get you in there and back on your feet."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 12:06 pm

Henry had trailed behind as Alfredo ushered them into the module, trying to block out their damned bickering. He needed to talk to Alfredo now, now that the woman was gone, but hell, just thinking hurt...

He stumbled to a halt next to the module, leaning against it as Alfredo started to address him. He forced himself to straighten. He calls me old again and there will be no mercy next sparring. "I had... found a house full of demons," he started, every word a dagger in his skull. "Well, Helena and I. I depossessed one woman before you called. Told Helena to stay, but... she left her friend to guard the woman and followed."

He took a breath. "Demons had found him when we got back. Blew our cover. Had to fight the entire house and Hailey lost her mind." He stopped for a minute, shutting his eyes and breathing hard through the pounding in his head. "There was a demon," he started, "looked weak, but when I touched... when I tried to exorcise him. He'd been hiding his aura. Somehow. Stronger than any demon I'd seen before. Went through my mind." He shuddered, bringing up one hand to rub across his eyes. "I'm sorry. I think he knows... everything I know. And he said something about finding... someone to pay for what's in my head."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2013, 12:24 pm

Helena glared at the boy. "I wasn't pissing at your injuries I was worried about you going off on your own with a broken arm, ye ingrate."
"With her there's a fine line between 'being worried about you' and 'treating you like you can't do shit'. I've been there." Kropp sighed, grabbing Helena's shoulder.
"Calm down-" He sighed. "You can ask all your questions later; but for now my legs aren't in agonizing pain for the first time in the past few hours so let's trust him for five minutes." Helena sighed and reluctantly took a seat on the floor, tucking her legs into her chest, crossing her arms and resting her head between her knees. Kropp followed suit, stretching his legs out and giving her a pat on the back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2013, 12:43 pm

"Hmm..."

Alfredo looked over to Etrigan, who broke the silence. "I may have heard of whom you speak," he began. "He deals in intelligence to any who may seek. As long as you can pay his price, he'll sell you what you want to know in a trice. A powerful foe you've met this day, whose power can be hidden away.

"But lest you act again before you think, there will be new rules for you to learn. For this household will not fall to destruction's brink, and Wontner's I shall not permit to burn..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2013, 12:54 pm

Henry grimaced. He didn't have near the mental capacity at the moment to deal with Etrigans riddles. But he was able to pick out one thing. "So an information broker," he said flatly. "That's... wonderful." He kept his eyes shut, ashamed, unable to look at either of them. "Anything else you need to know?" he asked, pained.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum