Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 3 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by Red 6th December 2012, 5:56 pm

“Can you move?”

They had reached the basement and were headed towards the exit, and the girl he was carrying shifted on his back. He nodded. “Do you think you can try walking?” he asked softly.

“Yes…” he heard, her voice hesitant and unsure of itself, and he lowered her to the ground slowly and offered his arm to help support her.

“Can you remember your name?” he asked, as she latched onto his arm nervously, taking shaky steps forward. He quickened his pace, trying to urge her on.

She pursed her lips for a moment, thinking, and looked distressed as she shook her head. “It’s okay,” he said. “It’ll come to you…”

He suddenly stopped, and most of the girls around him stopped as well. Something was… off. Unease crawled up his back like an insect, and he tightened his grip on his sword. The girls could feel it too. Something powerful was nearby.

The kid. He thought he saw the girl and the kid going towards the stairs down, as well, if they were here…

He hesitated. “Someone take her,” he muttered, and one of the girls who was better off took the girl he was supporting and threw her arm over her shoulder. “Get out of here,” he muttered, and they didn’t need to be told twice.

Henry drew his sword, waiting for them to leave before he started back down the hallway, listening.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th December 2012, 6:19 pm

As the woman Haily charged the...the thing...like a bloody fool, Alfredo froze up. He only watched as the two exchanged blows. Finally, when she called out to him, he snapped out of it.

"R--right," he said shakily, his hands trembling as he fumbled with the staff in his hands.

As the smoke cleared, the demon adjusted his coat. "Careful there, peon," he said, "you almost ruined a good suit. It's Virchenzen, though I wouldn't expect something as unrefined as you to understand that."

Alfredo pointed his staff and a torrent of flames shot from the tip of his staff at the demon. Crap! I meant lightning!

The demon merely held up a hand and blocked the flames while his other crackled with blackish red energy that he launched at Haily, the blast leveling everything in its path, including a large chunk of the wall.

"So hard to control my strength. And really, child," he said eying Alfredo. "Fire? Against a demon?" Alfredo went red with the condescension in the demon's tone.

The staff crackled with lightning and the air lit up with ozone as it rent the air. The demon looked shocked and moved.

"Kids shouldn't play with such dangerous things."

He lobbed blasts at Haily to hold her back and launched a blast at Alfredo that he leapt wildly to avoid. In an instant, the demon appeared and caught the boy, holding him up by his throat. Alfredo groaned as his skin started burning.

The demon breathed him in. "Your fear excites me, child," he said. "I think I'll keep you as a pet!"

He slung Alfredo as the woman charged in for an attack, dodging and leaping back as Alfredo tumbled over a table, groaning as the contents greeted his body unceremoniously, and bouncing until he slammed into a wall in a crumpled heap, dazed.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th December 2012, 7:40 pm

The kid shoots out a torrent of flame, which he should know is not affective against most demons. Shit! He doesn't look in good shape.. This is too much for him.. He has to get out of here before.. her line of thought gets interrupted when the demon blasts a huge wave of energy at her. Her eyes widen, and she manages to materialize a diamond shield, as big as she can make it.

It blocks off the wave but gradually pushes her back and destroys part of the shield, once the blast totally gone she morphs her creation into two diamond gauntlets with blades continuing farther that her fists. "Bloody hell" she mumbles as the demon fires at her again, this time only to occupy her.

He charges the kid and grabs him by the neck. Hailey screams out "Kid!" than rolls sideways to dodge the first blast blocks the second by crossing both her gauntlets together and then duck's to avoid getting hit once more, she than jolts to the demon who decides to throw the kid away and dodges her first attack.

Hailey then sprints towards him and swings three times in a row, but the demon simply dodges them with easy, even decides to yawn In the process. He than twirls and kicks Hailey in the stomach, making her rise up in the air and cough out blood, and than Creates an energy wave in a small radius around him that blasts Hails right through a pillar and to the other end of the room.

She tries to fight the unconsciousness comming on to her, but as soon as the merely lifts her self an inch she coughs up more blood and faints. She already had a huge bruise in her abdominal area and in other places, as well as cuts and blood dripping off her chin originating from her mouth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th December 2012, 8:01 pm

Henry cast about the bottom floor, searching for some sign of the other two. The exit was on this floor, they had to be down here somewhere, hopefully far away from that presence that was making him feel almost nauseous…

He cringed as he suddenly heard the crack of lightning, and turned to dart off in the direction of the sound. Surprise surprise, the feeling started to get even worse as he followed the sound.

The sounds of combat got louder as he moved, and he started running, skidding to a stop in front of the open door to a lab. “Bloody…”

The demonic aura coming off the sharp dressed man currently breaking the girl was huge – bigger than any he’d seen before. He let out a blast of energy and Hailey went flying, slamming through a pillar and collapsing on the ground, her aura crackling like static as she tried to hold onto consciousness before it went flat. His eyes darted to the other end of the room, where the boy was still conscious, but his aura was frayed, like the ends of a rope.

He glanced back at the demon; it’s aura wasn’t just big, it was dense, controlled. Henry took a breath.

“Oy!” he yelled, diverting the demon’s attention away from the kid. He tossed his sword into his left hand and drew his gun, firing at the thing.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th December 2012, 8:55 pm

"What's this? A third player!" he said in delight. "How fun."

He let off several burst of energy that exploded like bombs of black and red. He appeared next to where the man was leaping away and released a torrent of its aura that blew everything in front of it back like a torrent of wind.

"Nice try on the distraction," he said. "But that boy's sweet ass is mine!"

Alfredo lie there like a doll as he tried to breathe again and fight the panic of being breathless as he tried to process something other than pain. As his breath finally came, he groaned as his chest hurt when he tried to push to his feet. Is...is something broken...?

Suddenly, he was hefted off his feet by his belt and was brought face to face with the demon. He paled with fear and the demon laughed, then breathed him in.

"So much terror," he said reveling. "Yes, I will feed off you for months to come..."

Terror moved his hands and he fumbled with his belt, grabbing for a bomb. It slipped out of his hands and hit the ground.

"And what have we here...?"

The bomb suddenly went off, shooting a cloud of blinding mist. The demon began laughing.

"What's this? You thought to hide from me! You are an amusing one!"

He grunted as he was slammed against the wall. He felt the demon's claws digging into his stomach until they drew blood.

"Maybe I'll feast on your innards while you watch...?" he suggested.

Alfredo heard a whimper escape his lips, despite his attempts to keep his mouth shut. He began fumbling desperately.

"Oh, what now...?" the demon said, bored.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th December 2012, 9:33 pm

Henry slammed into the ground as the demon blasted him away, groaning in pain. I'm fine. Just bruises. Gotta save the kid...

He rolled to his feet shakily, snatching up his sword and gun and racing towards the door. The demon had a hold on the kid, and Henry growled under his breath, striding forward into the room determinedly.

His aura was huge, yes, which meant he didn't have to get as close to snap up a link, but better to try and get a hold on him anyway so he couldn't escape... If I can get him out of that body he'll have to waste energy maintaining some form. If he could get him out, that was.

Smoke rose up around the two, and the demon laughed as the kid fumbled at his belt again. Henry broke into a run, and he was maybe ten feet away before the demon noticed and turned.

He raced the last few feet and snapped up a mental link as he slammed into the demon, tackling him to the ground. "OUT!" he snapped, forcing himself into the host's mind and struggling to shove the demon out.

His eyes widened as he felt the force of the demon shoving back. His hold on his mind was... too strong. Bloody hell! Fear rose up in his eyes as the demon started to shove back - not just pushing Henry out, but starting to force his way in...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th December 2012, 9:40 pm

Alfredo almost had the bomb in his hand when he suddenly was unceremoniously dropped on the ground. Damn it!

The bomb fell out of his hand and rolled over toward the two. In a bright flash of white, the smoke was dispersed and the man and Alfredo were sent flying as the bomb exploded in a ten foot radius of white light.

Alfredo grunted while the demon cried out in pain. When the light cleared, the demon's left side was bleeding and his arm hung limp. "You...bastard...!" he growled ferally at Alfredo. "The hell did you get that from...!"

Alfredo immediately started scrambling on his person for another one as the demon began stalking toward him. Shit! Shit! Shit!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th December 2012, 10:24 pm

Hailey wakes up slowly, her vision, blurry, her body, sore as hell and a few fracture ribs. Her vision finally clears out and she grasps the density of the situation. 

She saw Henry trying to get up quite a few feet away from the demon who was now surprisingly damage. *gotta catch him off guard... *

She ponders.. grins and slips into her imagination creating a very long sniper rifle (steam punk style) generated by energy, the ammunition would be a beam of energy. 

It took a few seconds to create this complex drawing but she succeeded. The gun appears on a stand in front of her. She grabs the hilt, slightly moves forward but stays seated on the ground, not being able to make any fast or big movements.

She looks in the scope, aims for the demons head, he was almost at the boy at this point. She activates it. The beam charges in silence. 3...2...1... A huge discharge is heard as the beam of red energy is fired. (the beam is about as big as a baseball bat and travels very fast)

The beam hits the demon, straight on. Not the intended spot, the push back of the shot misplaced it a big hitting him around the left shoulder blade. Hailey grin's "there you go you bloody freak..." she mumbles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th December 2012, 10:30 pm

The blast rocked the demon, nearly knocking him over as he cried out and slammed into the wall, his hand going up to his shoulder. Henry stumbled to his feet, his ears still ringing from the explosion of the... what sort of grenade was that? His body felt hot, almost burned, but it had hurt the demon a lot more.

The demon's eyes were bright with rage now, blood dripping from his shoulder. They're gonna kill the host...! Henry growled, stumbling to his feet and charging at the demon, tackling him around his knees and bringing him to the ground.

He snapped up a link again, and cried out in pain as he suddenly felt the demon try to charge into his mind. He broke the link in an instant and released the demon, his head suddenly throbbing. Idiot! Of course, his host was damaged, of course he'd try to switch bodies.

Henry tried to see through the throbbing in his head, reaching for his sword at his side, and the demon stood, turning and slamming his foot down on his hand. Henry gasped in pain.

"Oh please," the demon snarled, "keep doing what you were doing."

Blast it! There he was again, trying to claw his way in, this time without Henry even setting up the link at first. He curled up on the floor, breathing hard, trying to force him out as the demon struggled to force his way into his more able body.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th December 2012, 10:52 pm

Alfredo got the bomb out, just in time, as it seemed the demon was struggling with the guy again. He couldn't tell exactly what was going on, but the demon's aura was moving onto the guy. Now was his chance.

"H-hey! Ugly!" he called.

The demon spared him a glance and his eyes widened with shock as Alfredo lobbed the bomb at him. He immediately released the link and jumped back into his injured body, attempting to leap away with its inhuman strength. It cleared the brunt of the blast, but was caught at the edges. It crossed its arms as it groaned in pain.

Its arms were smoking and it looked plenty pissed. Suddenly, however, it calmed down. "You ruined my good suit," it said calmly. "Do you know how hard it is to get a good suit? I guess I'll have to play with you lot some other time." He looked toward Alfredo. "Count on it, lad..."

Before any of them could move, he released a black orb of energy that released a blinding light. When it cleared, the demon was gone.

Alfredo breathed a sigh of relief, but held on to the the bomb just in case. He slowly pushed himself to his feet, but he couldn't stop shaking despite trying to hide it.

"S-s-so..." he said in a forced light tone. "I t-think I could use a spot of tea..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th December 2012, 11:04 pm

Hailey let out a sigh of relief... Good no one got killed... That was a close call. Alright, they had to get out of this place fast.. The sleeping gas was probably about to fade..

She tries to get up, very slowly and growls in pain as she does. Once on her feet she takes a step but starts coughing blood again, causing even more pain to her lungs and ribs. She falls back on her knees and supports herself off the ground with her arms. "Gahh he really did a number on me, can't believe we couldn't even get him after the damage he caused.. Tch.." she spits out blood and gets up again, and finally manages to walk to the others.

"How are you two feeling?" she asks trying to ignore the pain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th December 2012, 11:15 pm

He put on the bravest front he could. "Mighty fine..." he said in a voice a little higher than he meant. "A--and you're right. Best we make h-haste."

He turned for the door when a thought occurred to him. "Drat!" he growled, turning back around.

He had remembered what he came here for. He groaned as he tried to run, but instead wound up speed-limping over to the large energy machine and began punching dials. Immediately, the energy column began to glow brighter.

"There!" he said, speed limping once more. "I overloaded the system. We don't have long before it goes up. Let's move!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th December 2012, 8:03 am

Henry moaned with relief when the demon finally released him, his head pounding like a drum. He reached up shakily, tugging off the goggles that suddenly seemed to tight around his head and tried to breathe.

The demon had vanished, and the two were talking, the boy's frayed aura starting to calm itself somewhat. He could imagine he own aura looked something like that. His hands were shaking with fear. Blast it. He wasn't sure he'd have been able to hold out much longer.

The kid yelled at them to get moving, and Henry forced himself to his knees, stumbling to his feet and holding his good hand to his forehead as he struggled after him.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th December 2012, 12:02 pm

Hailey brought her hand to her ribs and wiped the blood off her mouth and chin and than followed the kid with difficulty. Once passed the stairs to get to the next floor Hailey tries to catch her breath for a few seconds.

But she then spots some of the sleeping goons were starting to slightly move, they were running out of time. "Shit, come on Hails gotta move" she says followed by a growl as she pushes herself to hard. She than gets an idea, she materializes a wheel chair and sits on it to get through the flat surface faster, once she gets to stairs she dematerializes her chair and supports herself against the wall and then repeats the procedure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th December 2012, 1:05 pm

As they made it halfway to the exit, the building started to rumble as the lab finally exploded, setting off a chain reaction. Despite the pain, he forced himself into a run for his life as the place began crashing down around them.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th December 2012, 1:28 pm

Henry's eyes widened as he heard the rumble of the explosion in the lab. That thing is taking the whole building with it? He stopped, hesitating. "You blooming..." He'll kill everyone in the building!

The building rumbled, and Henry pulled goggles back over his eyes and helplessly stumbled after them. His head was still throbbing. The kids gonna pay for doing this...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th December 2012, 2:29 pm

In the last hallway before the exit the machine finally exploads, apparently taking everything around it with it. The building starts collapsing. Shit shit shit shit! She says as the tries to make her wheel chair go faster. She than quickly modifies her drawing to add thrusters and breaks to the chair.

She quickly activates them and jolts by the kid exiting the building in a flash. As soon as she passes the exit she hits the breaks and twists causing her to drift and stoP right before the wall. "whew..." she lets out while waiting for the other two to come out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th December 2012, 4:58 pm

He cleared the main area, noticing other people running out, as well. That's when it dawned on him. All those sleeping people...

As he cleared the exit, the main area of the building began collapsing in on itself. As the place lit up in flames, he fell to his knees.

"What have I done...?" he said in horror.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th December 2012, 12:14 am

Henry forced himself to sprint the last hallway, making it out behind the kid as the building started to collapse in on itself. He staggered to a halt, unsteady, his sword hand throbbing. Maybe the demon had broken part of it...?

The kid fell to his knees in front of him, and he closed his eyes as the building groaned. It brought back too many memories, the airship groaning and screaming like a child...

He forced his eyes open, checking himself for injuries. Other than the pounding in his head that was starting to fade, he only had bruises and his hand. He was one of the lucky ones.

He stumbled over to the kid. "Get up," he nearly growled, snatching at the back of his shirt with his good hand and dragging him to his feet.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2012, 12:16 am

"Wha--hey! Unhand me!" he snapped. "Just what do you think you're doing?!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th December 2012, 12:20 am

"Getting you out of here," he said, his voice strained with anger. "And I don't know what I'll do yet, any ideas, brat?" Oughta paddle the idiot at least. Maybe worse. For all he knew this could have been his intention in the first... or it could have been an accident.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2012, 12:24 am

"I have legs, thank you very much!" he snapped. "Besides...there's got to be...something...I can do," he said in a defeated voice. "The plans I looked at indicated that the place was structurally sound. They...apparently skimped on fortifications against such an incursion. All those people..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th December 2012, 12:31 am

Henry released his hold on him, letting him stand on his own feet then. He closed his eyes, against the pain in his head and against the sounds of the building falling apart.

"You could pray for them," he said bitterly. He took a deep breath, raising on hand to his forehead as he tried to force memories from his hand.

The inside of his skull felt... slimy. From the demon. He shuddered, trying to forget the feeling of that thing in his head. Never again...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2012, 12:34 am

"Actually..." he said. "Maybe we might be best to make haste. In my current attire, the guards might have more than a few questions and you're a fugitive."

He pointed and guardsmen were coming, bringing the water engine with them to try and douse the flames. He looked from one to the other.

"I can offer you both a place to stay for the night, at least," he said.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th December 2012, 12:39 am

Henry blinked, one hand going up to make sure his goggles were down. "I'm no fugitive," he insisted. He'd taken his goggles off sure, but only for a moment and he'd just left that morning...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top