Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force User RP Intro

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Force User RP Intro Empty Force User RP Intro

Post by JerriLeah7 14th December 2010, 12:09 am

It's a Monday morning, which is a busy morning for many, no matter who they are. The day is cool and very cold when the wind blows as winter knocks on Aria's door and takes away the leaves of the trees and the youth of the grass. Riots can be heard through the walls out side of the two neighboring cities, Nothlynn and Simarynn. Signs are held up from many a clan member and city member that declare different things:

SOLVE THE MURDER!!
I don't wanna disappear next!
Does the council SIT or does the council ACT?!
Mother Nature HURTS BACK!!!!!!!

Yes, in the lands of Aria there is much chaos. In the Academies that distrust each other, User Unit 1 Academy members have disappeared in the last few weeks, and with them, one was found dead at the entrance of Crescendo Academy by one Instructor Amden. Sworn to silence, the body was covered and the details unknown. The woods between the two cities are being torn apart from both sides, trees are being chopped down to make way for a new pathway between the two cities. Some Arians believe this is necessary. Others believe it is cruel to nature. Either way, peace over all of these matters have yet to be solved. Slowly, false serenity has found it's way back to the lands, but some people refuse to rest and as such, life has temporarily just pushed on with an awkward silence from some, ignored anger from others, and an unsolvable mystery.........

Last edited by Leah7 on 12th February 2011, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Force User RP Intro Empty Re: Force User RP Intro

Post by xenolion 14th December 2010, 2:23 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Kyrie opens her eyes as another Monday begins. The aroma of coffee draws her out of bed. She makes her way to the kitchen and sees her Grandma at the stove making breakfast. She approaches the older lady, stands on her toes to give her a kiss on the forehead. "One of these days I will have to make you breakfast Grandma."

Her Grandma smiles, handing her a plate of waffles. "Don't worry about it, I am already up, and have to make my own breakfast."

After breakfast is consumed she goes to her room to continue her morning routine. She looks out her window and sees the branches dancing in the swift wind. *looks like it's going to be another cold day.* She pulls back her hair clipping it up in the back, straps on her crossbow *you never know what the Academy has in store*, and puts on her jacket.

Walking to the door she catches her Grandma's eyes once again. "Off to the Academy? Are you still going to have classes?"

Kyrie pauses. "Yes Grandma, I am not at a high enough level to be taught by a UU1 remember."

Grandma looks down at her book "I still don't understand why you didn't test higher, your talent is much greater than that of a UU6."

Kyrie grabs the door handle, sighing as she pulls it open. "I have my reasons Grandma, love you."

She closes the door and heads to the Academy.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 14th December 2010, 3:03 pm

Shin'Sai woke up very early as usual to do some training outside not caring much about the cold temperature. She installed herself to do so in a small abandoned arena that started to be used by many unit members to train, although she was the only one willing to do so at 5 in the morning.

She made a few targets made of earth that she shaped with her ability and started practicing hitting target with her combined martial art and earth moves. She would stop only when the clock would hit 7 am , wich hapened to come faster then she thought. She then stoped, replaced the earth she used on the ground as it's usual form, puted back her asian warm coat on, took her bag and went to the academie.

Lots hapened to cross her mind, especially curiosity about the disapearence of those unit 1. Then she spoke her mind out loud. ''Guess we'll wait and see''.
Not that she really cared she did not have any friend yet anyway, she was just curious to know if she would have a wortly enemy in a close future.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 14th December 2010, 4:55 pm

Emory wakes up from a nudge on her shoulder. Opening her eyes, she smiles and kisses Shimmer on the neck. Ruffling the graceful panther's ears, she sits up in bed and looks at the clock. 5:45am, just like she wanted. Groaning, she looks over at Shimmer with reluctance.

"You're always on time, aren't you, Lady?" She says to her pet, "I hate the mornings."

Emory stands up, throws clothes on, puts her hair up, eats breakfast, and brushes her teeth. At 6am she grabs her bag and she's ready to leave for the Academy.

Looking at Shimmer again, the lovely creature laying out on the top of her couch in front of the window where sunbeams will be shining soon, her yellow eyes returning Emory's own, Emory smiles. "Guard the premises for me, love. I'll be back soon. Please don't try to scratch up my rug again, you know I don't like that."

Emory closes the door to her home and reaches the Academy at 6:10am, drops her bags off in her office and classroom, and then makes her way up to staff meeting hall. As she enters, she sees that most of the staff were already there. The room was decently sized to fit all thirty six staff members and it was beautifully decorated with an old Victorian style, as well. Down the center of the room was a long, elegant table with thirty seven elegant chairs. Eighteen chairs were lined on each side and were currently occupied by the majority of the Professors of Crescendo Academy. The end of the table that was nearest the entrance of the room had no chair, but on it's opposite end, was the head of Crescendo, Lady Aurella Shentarr, seated quietly and respectfully while waiting for all of the staff to arrive.

Emory seated herself at the end, and noticed that there was one seat left empty in front of her......Where is Instructor Malagama? The might not wait long for him..... At any rate, classes will begin 7:30, so things needed to get started soon.....

Last edited by Leah7 on 22nd December 2010, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 14th December 2010, 7:55 pm

Rinoa sat cross legged in her hut. She added a log to the fire to warm it up . It was early morning and she was getting ready for a training session she did every morning. Standing, she stretched her body out. Pulling her wool coat up closer to herself she walked out into the cold.Its getting colder she thought. Walking out to the forest she put out her hand and lifted it up. A small bolt of light lit the area. She extended her hand and it rose slightly above her head. Pointing forward the bolt went out and she followed it. She walked out until she reached a cave. There she summoned the light again and set her hand out where it lit up the whole cave.

Taking her sword out she did a few practice swings. Then as she was finished with the practice swings she lifted her hand again, this time making shadows appear within the light she had created before. Using her index finger she twisted it around and manipulated the shadows to become moving targets. She stood with her eyes closed for a few minutes giving the shadows enough time to move around. She then jumped and struck a shadow making it disappear and jumped to a stone and hit another shadow with her sword throwing her dagger behind her she hit another without even looking at it. Jumping two more stones she hit the final shadow without a miss.

When she was complete with her training she walked out of the cave. It was light now. She walked back to where her clan lived and took breakfast with them.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th December 2010, 8:57 pm

He floated in the air, the currents of wind speaking to him. There'd be a storm in a day or two. But on this day, this perfect Monday morning, the crisp air felt wonderful.

And this is training, how?

Ah. The buzzkill had finally come to call. Conlaodh looked over at Striker, his wolf companion. She was a striking figure, bigger than average wolves, almost the size of a small pony. Her silver white coat glowed as the sun shone on it and her pale eyes were silver like Conlaodh's. Of course, he thought, it seemed to him that the thing people found the weirdest were the balls of flame that were trailing off her four feet. Well, that and she was currently standing on air. People always seemed freaked out about that the most, especially when she starting running on air. Conlaodh remembered as a kid when he had first seen the wolves do it, how awesome he had thought it was. To fly.

He had wanted to do it so bad he had chased after them and, to his parents' horror, jumped off the cliff after them. Coincidentally, that's how he had learned he could command the winds. He had been all of five years old.

His mind shifted back to the present. Currently, Striker was looking at him with severe disapproval. That was another thing that he had found people in these cities couldn't do. None of them could discern wolf expressions. He wondered what these people did all day that was so important if they couldn't discern the moods of their animal companions. He had seen one animal that was perfectly content until its companion--here, they called them owners. How rude--lifted her up out of the shade. She had thought the cat was mewling happily when it was complaining that it wanted its warmth back.

This is why you are still a UU3, cub. Striker said, her eyes shining. You do not apply yourself.

"Sheesh," Conlaodh said, rolling his eyes. "I was happy when I mastered wind control enough to fly when and how long I wanted. Faster came next," he said, eyes shining as he remembered the first time he had flown faster than Striker could run. She had been the fastest amongst the wolves and had taken it rather personally.

Your Mother said to train! she growled. She said it would be even more important now that you are the scion!

"Scion, schmion!" Conlaodh said, waving a hand dismissively. "What's life if you don't have a little fun? Besides, I am training! Any wind usage is training, after all.

Striker's growl brought his eyes back up at the wolf. Conlaodh sighed.

"You take things way too seriously, you know that?"

I bet if it was a book you wouldn't be so against it.

Conlaodh opened his mouth to retort, but she had him dead to rights. He loved books, and everywhere where there was a library, he had stayed until he had read every book. And considering he was an exceptionally fast reader, it only took him a matter of months. Well, that one that had housed three libraries worth of books had taken him half a year.

He shrugged. "It's not that I don't like learning, but it's no fun when I just shoot at imaginary targets. The fights with you are fun, though."

Everything doesn't have to be about fun!!! Striker growled.

"And everything doesn't have to be serious all the time either."

"Help me!"

Conlaodh's eyes shot downward, thousands of feet back to the Earth. A young Anthro girl was running down a dirt road being pursued by several men.

"Now it looks like it's time for training."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th December 2010, 9:55 pm

[ATTN: Emory]

The chill wind blew in through the open window of the immense library of the Crescendo Academy. Alkahest bolted to attention from his slumber. He looked around and realized he had fallen asleep at a writing desk in the back of library again. A note sheet was stuck to one of his horns. He stared hard at a small crystal-powered clock on the desk. The inked numbers let him know that it was already 6:20am. Surprised at the time he shuffled his detailed notes together and smacked the thick notebook cover closed.

He then snatched his books up and placed them in the correct shelves and rushed out of the library. His long legs took him by his classroom at an amazing rate for not running, and after dropping off his lesson plan he made haste the meeting hall. It was not like him to cut the time so close like this. He chided himself for poring over the alchemy books too long.

He was practically the last one in as he slipped through the beautifully crafted door, but he made it just in time and took his seet next to Emory. He raised a hand in greeting to her.
Some of the other instructors openly stared at Alkahest or made it a point not to look at him. He was seldom seen outside of the library or his classes, and many instructors marked him as an oddity at best. He did not seem to notice either way.

"Time encumbered me with sleep. Hastily I made steps here." He told her in his usual and strange manner of speech.
He did not know that the note page was still stuck to his right horn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th December 2010, 1:27 am

Sashara tripped and fell flat on her face. She immediately scrambled back to her feet but immediately fell back to the earth as something appeared between her legs and tripped her. She looked down to see roots from the ground had reached out and grabbed her. She tooker her sharp nails and raked through the roots, but it was too late. The men had caught up with her.

The scout force was made up of four men, typically two Force Users and two norms. She had learned enough of their inner workings having been trapped as long as she had. They were all dressed in gray leather dusters and hats to match. Two of them were large, tall, and heavily muscled, one smaller and slight of frame, the other thinner than the big men, but muscled all the same. The slim one came up and smiled a cruel smile.

"Thought you'd gotten away, eh, you Furry bitch!" he growled as he smacked her to the ground.

She growled in anger and slashed at the man, but roots entangled her hand before it had gotten halfway. It was one of the massive ones; his power was over plants and earth. He waggled a finger as if to say "Naughty, naughty."

"This one's got some fire in her, eh boys?" the man said. "Pin her down, won't you Golth? Let's have some fun with this bitch! So much she'll never want to run away again!"

Roots came up from the ground, seizing her other arm and ankles and spreading her legs wide. She struggled and hissed and cried.

"No! Please!" she screamed hysterically. "Please! I'll do anything! Please!!"

"Oh," the man said, ripping her clothes off her and exposing her naked furry body and looking at her with malicious lust. "You will be doing plenty, bitch. I"m gonna fuck you so hard your mother will scream."

"We can make her scream when we get back, too," said the other big man. "We'll fuck both their brains out in front of the other. Hurry up and do her so we can get to it."

The man smiled as he undid his pants. "I like the way you think. Well, bitch? Get ready for nothing you've ever felt!"

She whimpered as tears streamed from her eyes. She stopped struggling and stared into the sky blankly, trying to take her mind away from the violation about to be done to her. It was about that moment that she noticed the man falling from the sky.

Conlaodh had grown enraged and disgusted as he had fell, the men--and he used the term in the loosest sense--preparing their rape. He brought his arms to his sides and channeled his winds, speeding him like a human bullet and angling a little ways away. Then, as he neared the ground, he leveled with the ground and crashed into the piece of filth, both fists extended and rammed him into the gaggle of louts behind them.

"You...you...scumsucking, bottom feeding, worthless excuses for human beings," he thundered with indignation. "There isn't a punishment fitting enough for what you were about to do to her!"

He felt the fires burn within him and knew he was borderline. No! Not now! I have to help the girl! He forced it back and focused. With a wave of his hand he turned the wind razor sharp and launched four wind blads at the roots binding her.

"What's it to you, boy?" growled the man he had hit first. "She's just a furry bitch."

His breathing was labored; Conlaodh knew that he had dislodged several of the man's ribs and smiled with vindictive satisfaction.

"Your ignorance shall be your undoing," Conlaodh growled.

He looked to the Anthro girl. "Are you okay, mi--"

In a roar of feral fury, the girl had leapt for the man who had almost ruined her and lashed out, raking razor sharp claws against face and body. The man screamed in pain and terror. Conlaodh widened his eyes in shock but made no move to stop her. She had every right to join in this battle. However, a sudden noise in the ground alerted him to her danger.

"Look out!" he cried.

Instantly, he pushed his hand forward and pulled back, creating a wind funnel with a vacuum in it that yanked the girl backward just as razor sharp roots stabbed the air where she had been. They'd have ended her; these men were playing for keeps. The man she had attacked lay on the ground, bleeding and ruined, groaning.

"You made the mistake of dealing with Larzo's personal scout team!" said the big man. "You've got double the trouble, boy. Two level 2's to take you down!"

"We're gonna take it outta your ass, boy!" said the scrawny looking man in a nasally voice. "We've got buyers that'd love a sweet little ass like yours!"

Conlaodh looked at them blankly. Slave traders. This was going to be ten kinds of satisfying.

The big man who seemed to control roots showed Conlaodh a new ability as he stomped the ground. The ground under Conlaodh's feet erupted. He waited in the instant that he felt the ground's push about to throw him and kicked off, making the attack his and leaping into the air, flipping and landing softly on the ground.

"Now, Striker!"

The other large man screamed as wolf teeth met his crotch. Conlaodh spared a split second to marvel at how she could become seemingly invisible despite that shining pelt of hers. That was one benefit to the world; that man would never be having kids now.

He sped toward the other lrge man as soon as the words to Striker had left his lips. However, it seemed the weasel was the other Force User. He had pushed his hands forward and sharp bone spears flew from his palms!

"Eww! Gross!" Conlaodh cried out, jumping high in the air and dodging the bones. "As weasely as you look I thought you'd create an oil slick or something!"

"Why does everyone say that?!?" the weasel man fumed.

Conlaodh took that opportunity to hit the man with a gust of air that hit the man with the force of a brick wall. He was out in an instant.

"They had to be joking about being level 2s!" Conlaodh commented aloud. "That was way too easy!"

Look out, cub!
He grunted as the air left his lungs from the force of the mound of earth that hit him. He hit the ground, bouncing off it like some human piece of rubber. The assault he felt as his lungs took a second jolt landing on his back didn't help.

This is why you are still a level 3! Striker hissed.

The large man cried out as a fiery slash from Striker's front claws raked against his back, simultaneously slashing flesh and searing it. He turned and backhanded the wolf with a piece of Earth. She yelped as she hit the ground on her side. Conlaodh eyes widened in anger.

"Striker!" he growled.

He shot a blast of air at the man, who merely smiled and dispersed the blast with a wall of Earth. However, the smile was knocked clean off when Conlaodh had tunneled through the center, twin kodachi in hand. Conlaodh flipped and kicked the man in the face, causing him to stumble back. He was lost in that instant.

Cut true and show no mercy.

That had been his mother's words when she drilled him on the use of the blades. Conlaodh moved quick and sure, severing several arteries in the man's legs and arms. The man fell, the blood flow to his arms and legs severed and rendering them useless. The man would live, and if treated quickly enough might even regain the use of his limbs.

That was better, cub. Striker said approvingly. If you concentrated your powers like you did you'll be a level 2 in no time. You have the power, you lack the finesse.

"You do realize that ranking system is only valid if you're one of those Academy people, right?"

Striker said nothing, just gave him a long look. But Conlaodh had already forgotten about his companion and was at the girl's side.

"Are you alright?" he asked, offering her a hand.

The Anthro girl was a mess. Her clothes were ripped and her front was revealed where fur gave way to smooth skin. She looked dazed as she looked up at him, the her eyes welled with tears and she wrapped herself around him as she sobbed bitterly.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th December 2010, 3:24 pm

[ATTN: Alkahest]

Emory smoothly and quickly removed the page from Alkahest as she welcomed him with the smile and nodded her understanding. She opened her mouth to speak, but had no time to speak.

"Instructors......Professors," Lady Shentarr stood straight and rigid as she spoke, her hands still lowered before her and her fingertip still spread and placed on the surface of the fine table, "I have some bad news. UU1's, Ilyana Phairborn and Leela Senton, Force Pyro and Force Sensor, have been missing for the last 52 hours.

I do not know why the Council are keeping the information and progress of this investigation secret, but I do know that we can still prevent more of this from happening. As much as it pains me to say this, our students are not safe on Academy Premises. We need to take action. We need to think smart.

From now on, I want every staff member to begin their lessons with a message of encouragement. We will encourage, coerce, manipulate, and whatever process we need to tell these students to keep in groups and pairs. Every missing student has been alone when they were..... Anyways, I want each student do be aware to stay in groups, to never walk alone at night, whether they live on campus or not.

If you have to deduct points, lower letter grades, report every lone Force User you come across, then do it. It will be hard, it will be stressful, and it will give us all a whole lot more to do, but we have to do something.

If you have any suggestions for helping with this issue or any questions, now is the time. If you don't, you may head up to your classes and prepare for the day's lessons. That is all."

Upon finishing her statement, she seated herself in the fancy chair again, a stone impression on her face. Immediately, whispers began from Instructor to Instructor. A few handful of Professors left the room, but Emory looked over at Alkahest with concern in her eyes.

Last edited by Leah7 on 23rd December 2010, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th December 2010, 4:58 pm

Geneveve sat overlooking her device and double-checking the math. She needn't, though, her math was never wrong. She smiled. If this works, then mankind will move forward into a new age! She attached the shaft to the device and kicked it on. It immediately came to life and the shaft began to move!

"It's a success!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Suddenly, the device died. Her look of triumph fell to one of depression.

"It's still not working!" she fumed.

She called it her Perpetual Motion Device, and if she got it to work, the applications of it would be astounding. It would allow for transportation to the common people, create a source of energy for her own devices, and who knew what else! Of course, she could've just as easily have made a PMD using electricity, which worked just fine for all her other machines, but this was supposed to be affordable, and lightning Force Gems were more costly than cold and fire gems combined. Probably because, on average, fire and ice mancers were more abundant.

"Excuse me?"

She looked up and the most astonishing sight met her eyes. There stood a caramel skinned boy before her. His looks were startling. He had caramel colored skin, long red hair, and silver eyes! She'd never seen the like! He wore a sleeveless green tunic and black breeches tucked into knee high brown leather boots. He was skinny but his arms were well muscled and bore numerous scratches and scars, as were his legs.

"May I help you?" she said uncertainly.

"My friend here needs help," he said, inclining his head to the left.

It was then that she noticed the young Anthro girl. She was pretty with reddish black fur and yellow green eyes. Currently, she was holding an ugly gray leather duster wrapped around her tightly. Her eyes looked downcast and her face was tear-stained. Geneveve jumped up.

"What happened?" she said with concern, finding a stool for the girl to sit on.

The boy's face darkened. "She was attacked by slave traders working for some bozo named Larzo," he growled angrily. "When I came across her, they were about to...to...force themselves on her."

Geneveve's face darkened in disgust. "Where are they now?"

"I left them up the road, hogtied," he said. "I don't want them somehow getting away, so I need to go and tell the guards so they can pick those scumbags up. But can you look after her?"

Geneveve looked at the boy in puzzlement. "Why did you come here of all places?"

The boy shrugged. "It was closest once I entered the city. She's feeling bad enough without everyone gawking at her like some freak. I heard noises coming from this place, so I headed here."

He's unusually considerate for a boy, she thought. He was also an oddity, bringing her to a perfect stranger. But the simple and matter-of-fact way he had said it all said that he hadn't considered that at all.

"Anyway," he said turning, "I should get going and tell one of the officers so they can get them. C'mon, Striker."

Striker? It was then that she noticed the freakishly large silvery white wolf with silver eyes. Even freakier were the flames coming from its paws!!! How had she missed that?!?

"Wait!" the Anthro girl cried.

She jumped up from the chair in an instant, tackling the boy and clinging to him like she was drowning and he was the lifeline. The boy looked alarmed.

"Please! Don't leave me!" she cried, starting to sob again.

He leather duster had flown open and Geneveve gasped in shock as she saw the girl's tattered clothes. Those miserable...

She jumped up from her chair and headed to her bedroom. "Be right back!"

She immediately went to her closet and picked out a pair of pants and a shirt to wear. She came back and slowly prized the girl off the boy.

"Come with me...um...?"

"S--Sashara," the girl said. "My name's Sashara."

"Don't worry," she said, "I'm gonna help you. First let's get you out of those torn clothes."

"Do you need help with that?" the boy asked, starting to walk forward.

Geneveve's expression went blank and her face went beet red. "Um...I don't think that would be appropriate," she said, holding up a hand.

The boy looked confused, but shrugged and started to turn to leave. The girl immediately tensed and Geneveve held up a hand.

"Ahh, you should wait," she said. "We can just call the police from here and save you the trip. Besides," she added, "I want to hear this girl's story."

The boy shrugged again and sat cross-legged on the floor. "Okay. I'll wait."

Getting her dressed didn't take long and they were out back in the garage in no time. The boy still sat there, waiting, talking to his wolf, Striker.

"I wish we hadn't beaten them so badly," he was saying to it. "Next time, we should leave one conscious so that we can ask them where their base is located. I want to beat the stuffing outta these jerks who go making good people slaves."

The wolf growled and grunted and the boy nodded. "Yeah, we'll burn the place to the ground."

"I know where it is."

Geneveve and the boy turned to look at the girl. She faltered under the stares and looked down at her feet.

"I escaped from there," she explained.

"Um...how about I get you some water, dear?" Geneveve said. "Um...could you look after her, uh...I don't believe I know your name?"

The boy smiled cheerfully. "I'm Conlaodh! Conlaodh O'Faolain!"

"Nice to meet you, Conlaodh," Geneveve said. "My name is Geneveve Thompson."

"That's a pretty name," Conlaodh commented.

Geveveve blushed. "Um...thank you," she said with a slight smile. "Anyway, let me get her a glass of water."

"Okay."

She was back from her house quickly. Her mom had started to make conversation, but Geneveve had quickly started talking about her PMD and her mom had just as quickly let her go. The glass of water, and being clothed, seemed to be bringing the girl out of her shock.

"So you were saying about these slave traders?"

The girl, Sashara, nodded. "It happened a month ago," she began. "My family and I were quietly strolling the forest when they came out of nowhere, attacking without mercy. We resisted, but they killed my father and my brother was beaten nearly to death. They took us to their camp where we were beaten and caged and made to serve them until they were ready to put us on market. We were so scared."

Conlaodh said nothing, but his expression was angry. "How did you escape?" Geneveve asked.

"Well, it was my brother," she said, tearing up. "They didn't give him any medical treatment and he was getting worse, so one night mom managed to steal a key and get us out of the cages. We ran, with my little brother in tow, but we were spotted. Mom and my brother were caught, but I slipped away. I felt like a coward, but I wanted to bring them help. I ran for days, but they finally caught me, and then he saved me."

"Where are they located?" Conlaodh asked quietly.

"There's a forest a few days walk from here," she answered, "there's a large hill in its center. Their base is north of that, hidden well in the forest."

"I know that place," Conlaodh said, jumping up. "I saw it while I was up in the sky. I thought I'd check it out, looks like I have a good reason to, now."

The wolf growled something and Conlaodh nodded. "Yeah, yeah, we'll try some of the new techniques. Heaven forbid I don't make UU2!"

"Two?" Geneveve asked. "You're in the Academy?"

He looked at her flatly--and disgustedly? "Not on your life," he said with derision. "I wouldn't waste my time."

She felt an affront. "And what's wrong with the Academy?" she snapped indignantly.

"Everything," he snapped. "They're a bunch of pompous, judgmental ass-rags that give short shrift to regular people."

"How dare you...!" she started, but stopped as he'd already forgotten their argument and was standing before Sashara.

"You wait here," he told her, "I'll go get your family back."

"You will?" Sashara asked, eyes lighting up.

"Of course I will!" he said confidently. "Just you wait and see! This time tomorrow I'll be back with them!"

"Oh thank you!"

Genveve stared at him dumbstruck. Just who does he think he is?!? Before another word could be said he turned and charged out of the garage.

"Wait!"

"No time!" he called back. "I'm going to--oof!!"

In the time he had talked, Geneveve had grabbed her metal rod and sent a current through the ground, creating a strong electrical attraction between Conlaodh's feet and the ground. He had fallen flat on his face.

"Are you nuts?!?" she exclaimed. "That place is dangerous! We need an Academy group to go there and stop it!"

Conlaodh scoffed. "Maybe you do," he growled. "But I can take them out just fine on my own! Now undo whatever you did to my feet!"

"Only if you promise not to go running off!" she snapped.

"No!" he snapped back.

"Then same to you, buster!"

He fumed. "Fine," he growled after a moment, crossing his arms, "I won't go running off."

"Good," she said, nodding satisfactory. "Now wait here."

She quickly picked up the communicator and dialed Crescendo Academy.

"Crescendo Academy," a woman's voice answered. "Jillete speaking, how may I direct your call."

"Yes," Geneve answered, "I need to speak with Emory Amden, please."

"I believe faculty are in a meeting right now," Jillete answered. "Would you like to leave a message."

"No ma'am," she said, "I really need to speak to her. It's an emergency."

"Okay," Jilette answered, annoyance in her voice, "please hold."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th December 2010, 1:46 am

Alkahest smiled when Emory pulled the page from his horn. His mouth was covered by his outfit, but his smile was evident by the merry shimmer in his expressive eyes. He folded the note page neatly and placed it in one of his many pockets. He turned to listen to Lady Aurella Shentarr and he did so intently.

Alkahest was a bit disturbed by the news. He had heard some rumors going around about recent disappearances, but he had not known them to be more than that... rumors. Apparently, they were true.

"Troublesome the matter. As the sky not breathing the sun and moon to light."
He said to Emory when her concern brought his attention.
"Very the thought is ill and vile that some being should take the most astute of the Crescendo number. I have fears for the lessers all more so." He said with mirrored concern.
"Thining out my classes, the loss of just a few students, would be like gusts to nigh barren trees."
He said with a low chuckle, but it always sounded like small growls in his throat.

It was true that his classes were sparse. He was a wonderful instructor, but again the rumors of him made many students too wary to take his courses.
"Not just Lady Shentarr's commands, but some investigation might also do well." He suggested to her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th December 2010, 2:05 am

[ATTN: Alkahest]

Emory nodded agreement, and opened her mouth to speak again. Instructor Marquell looked over at them with complete confusion, unable to understand anything that Alkahest had just said. Emory ignored his blunt confusion and took it for willful ignorance. After all, if he actually took the time to speak to Alkahest, he'd be simple to speak to, just as he was for her.

"Investigation? It has been forbidden of us......even I am not allowed to say how I found-how I found.....the girl who died. I'm not sure-" Emory was cut off by a voice.

"Instructor Amden, there's an important call for you in the Request Hall." The voice said. Looking up, Emory saw Perry, the ever quiet and shy receptionist for the Request Department of Crescendo Academy.

"A request....." Shaken up by the meeting, Emory looks over at Alkahest, imagining herself to look rather pathetic, but knowing that she must hurry, for classes will begin in 45 minutes. "I don't suppose I could ask you to go with me, could I? I'm a...UU1."

Last edited by Leah7 on 23rd December 2010, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th December 2010, 2:51 pm

[ATTN: Emory, Alkahest]

Kyrie arrives at the Academy a little early. She likes to get settled in before going to classes. She is on her way to the cafeteria when she sees Ms. Emory and Mr. Malagama being lead by Perry. She smiles as she passes them. "Good morning Ms. Emory, Mr Malagama. I hope you have a good day." She continues past them. She cannot help being curious about Mr. Malagama. She adjusts her back pack and continues on her way.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th December 2010, 11:55 pm

Shin'Sai arrived around 7h10 at school and she could feel that people were very stressful with current rumors.
As she went trought the cafeteria to pick up some quick snack she saw some instructor that seemed to be
talking about something, although she was a little curious she did not bother to try sneaking. She bought
an apple and started to eat it on the way to the class.

She was at her place at 7h25 and people like always were giving her weird looks because she was always the last to come in the classroom and she never really talked to anyone eversince she was there. But everyone knew that she was also very powerfull and arrogant in battle, but her past and real personality was a mystery.
When people were looking at her too much she would glare them thinking ''What the hell are they looking
at ? Is it my asian clothes that disturb them ?!'' .

The people then stoped looking at her due to her glare and also because the class was about to start.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th December 2010, 7:45 pm

Luna woke up at the same time she always did. 600 every morning. Taking a quick shower and eating some breakfast she woke up McKenzie her tiger. She wasn't a pet but more of a friend. McKenzie just showed up as a cub and never left. Usually McKenzie guarded her dorm room or guarded her when they were out.

Picking up her class items she walked out of her dorm room and walked out to cross into the area where they would have class. Luna looked out and smiled it was a pretty day she just wished everyone wasn't so doubtful or down about what was going on. She wondered what would be going on today.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd December 2010, 3:42 pm

[ATTN: Geneveve, Alkahest]

Emory reached the phone in the Request Office, Alkahest right next to her. Placing the communicator on open so that Alkahest could hear as well, she answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Amden, Ms. Amden!" A voice called.

"Calm down, what's going on?" Emory asks.

"Slave traders!" the voice said excitedly. "A girl's been attacked and slave traders have taken her family and their hidden out near some large hill and--"

"Look, you'll have to speak a little slower, Geneve." Emory said. "Otherwise, I can't help you."

"Sorry," Genveve says, "I guess the whole affair's got me a little wired." She chuckled at some mechanical pun she must have been making. "Wait! How'd you know it was me? Nevermind...this is you we're talking about. Okay, I was working on my PMD, you see. I was doing a test run cause I was sure I'd gotten the schematics down this time, right. I had a heat sink and was using it to heat the air going through it to make the shaft rotate. I'm using Fire Gems cause they're markedly cheaper and--"

"Geneveve, this has nothing to do with a request...." Emory says, "Why don't you meet me in my office and we can discuss this in person?"

"I-I'd like to, but I have a little demon in my garage that's antsy to go after the salve traders him--Wait! What are you doing?!" There's a moment of silence. "Uh, Ms. Amden," Geneveve's tone has turned grim, "We've got a serious problem."

"Come to class, Geneveve," Emory commands, "Come to class and lets talk about this, okay? This sounds important."

Emory hung up the phone, and looked to Alkahest. Sighing, they walk to her classroom together.

Last edited by Leah7 on 23rd December 2010, 12:35 am; edited 3 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 22nd December 2010, 8:23 pm

Footstep could be heard in the hallway and Shin'Sai looked at the door to see if it was Emory coming. A few seconds after she would step inside saying hello to everyone although Shin'Sai did not answer like always.

As Emory started to talk in the class Shin'Sai started to drift off wich was pretty rare of her. She was asking herself questions in her minds like :

''Why is it so boring everyday and why do I only aches for a fight and then become usually bored....It's been what ? Four years I've been here and still no friends, I guess some i scared by me like usual or perharps i'm the one who's not open enough...Why am I even worried about small matters like this ?''

Shin'Sai was quite lost in her thought and then....The instructor started to call her name but she still would not answer....
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd December 2010, 10:07 pm

[ATTN: Emory, Shin'sai, Alkahest]

Geneveve headed to the Academy with Sashara in tow, reviewing in her mind the events that had happened as she had been on the phone with Ms. Amden.

"Would you put that down!"

The boy, Conloadh, was like a hyperactive two-year old. While she had been waiting for Ms. Emory to get on the line, he had been looking at--and subsequently touching--everything in her workshop. The touching wouldn't have been so bad, but he had the tendency to try and figure out how they worked, and that led to some mixed results, the least of which made one of the seek-and-destroy bug zapper go on a rampage.

She picked up her largest wrench and loomed over him. The boy had gone wide eyed and cringed.

"Conlaodh," she said in a calm voice, "if you don't quit touching my stuff I'm going to electrify this wrench and stick it where the sun doesn't shine, you little ass."

After that, he had been most behaved, if sulky. She wished he wouldn't wear such a terrified look every time he looked at her, though.

Finally, when Ms. Amden had gotten on the phone, everything had been going smoothly until she looked behind to see Conlaodh flying in the air!

"What are you doing?!" she had exclaimed.

Conlaodh had merely smiled and said, "I said I wouldn't go running off for the place. I didn't say anything about flying!"

And with a laugh and a wink he soared off into the sky with his pet Stryker running--running!--on air after him. She could only watch helplessly as he disappeared into the sky. The young fool.

She ran into the Academy, ignoring the stares as she ran past students on their way to their classes. She burst into Ms. Amden's room to find her sitting in there with the weird professor who had the outfit with horns on it. She sped up to Ms. Amden.

"We've got to hurry!" she exclaimed. "That fool boy is gonna get himself killed!"

She didn't know why she was so concerned for some moron, but still, she didn't want him to die. Well, he had called her inventions cool.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd December 2010, 12:31 am

[ATTN: Shin'sai, Geneveve, Alkahest]

Emory entered the classroom, and Alkahest planned to stay with her for the beginning, since his class started later. Perhaps he was interested in Geneveve's story.......

"Shin'sai, did you hear me?" Emory asked, "I just made a very important announcement and I need you to pay attention-"

Emory didn't get to finish her sentence, because Geneveve charged in with an exclamation: "We've got to hurry! That fool boy is gonna get himself killed!"

Emory looks up, and gestures for Geneveve to come over towards the desk.
"Yes, Geneveve, welcome to class. If not for your call, I would have been shocked to see you show up on time. Come in, take a seat, and share your story with the class. Speak coherently, please."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 23rd December 2010, 1:33 am

[ATTN: Open]

Akagi rested soundly in his makeshift bed. Sure, it wasn't the most comfortable, but it was better than sleeping on the ground, where one could find the occasional rat. He tossed and turned slightly until he finally awakened. Getting out of the bed and looking at his clock, Akagi took notice to how late he was. "Oh man...How am I going to talk myself out of trouble this time...?" Akagi wasn't used to a strict time for when to wake up or go to bed. He quickly put on his clothes, wrapped his cloak around him, and flipped out his hood, concealing most to all of his body, giving him a rather shady appearance. He was used to it, though. He then sprinted out of his apartment and darted down the stairs. It had already been 20 minutes since class started, and it was his first day. Who am I kidding? I'll be killed when I get to the academy... Akagi was lost in thought as he dashed for the Staccato academy, bumping into several people along the way. Once he reached the building, he walked hurriedly to his classroom. Which room?...Which room?...Akagi finally got to his destination, not finding it surprising that the door was already closed. He carefully opened the door, trying not to make too much noise and peered inside.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd December 2010, 11:53 am

[Attn: All]
“Yes, ma’am,” Geneveve said a little glumly. She understood the Academy’s policy and saw the point, but she’d rather have just reported it to Ms. Amden alone and let her sort out the rest. She was better with machines than people.

She began her narrative, starting from when the boy had shown up with Sashara. Sashara, herself had quailed under all the stares she was under and hid behind Ms. Amden’s desk. Geneveve understood the nervousness, but had left that behind a long time ago. She had often had to stand in front of a room full of engineers and scientists to explain some of her inventions, so this was old hat. Except there they were all practical people, usually.

She continued to how Sashara had told her about the location and Conlaodh’s quickness to leave and her attempts to thwart it. All in all, she thought she was very to the point, but Ms. Amden had had to steer her back on the main track on more than one occasion during the narrative. Geneveve couldn’t understand why. Maybe discussing Conlaodh’s disruption of her inventions in such detail was hedging a little, but she thought it was valid.

“And that’s it,” she finished. “The boy, that is Conlaodh, doesn’t seem to hold the Academy in very high regard and just ran off—er, flew off—to do it himself. I fear he’s going to get himself killed. So I respectfully ask that we send some people to help him, and I’m volunteering myself, as well.”

Conlaodh flew high in the sky, beelining straight into the air like an arrow, high into the stratosphere. He looked down, seeing the hill Sashara had described.

“That’s it!” he exclaimed excitedly. His face took on an angry smile. “Let’s go get those bastards.”

He shot down to the ground like a shooting star, heading toward the large hill where the slave trading scum were. As he neared the ground he looked at the canopy and made out the slave traders’ compound. It was cleverly hidden, and Conlaodh could see how they eluded capture. Even from a bird’s eye view they were hidden well, and if it wasn’t for his wolf eyes and having lived in a jungle hunting most of his life, he might not have made it out himself. Most Force Users he’d met with the power of flight had no enhanced vision. Most compensated by wearing special goggles.

Wait, cub!

In a burst of flames, Stryker charged ahead of Conlaodh and stopped before him. Conlaodh forced himself to a stop, looking at his partner curiously.

“Why’d you stop me?” he said curiously.

Can you not see it, cub?

Conlaodh looked beyond Stryker, trying to see whatever it was she saw. He started to shake his head when he saw it. Something, a faint shimmer, but unless he had been looking for it, he’d have never seen it.

“What is it?”

Stryker shook her head sadly. I’m sorry, cub, she told him. Though you are kin, you do not see as fully as we wolves do. I forget. She turned. Then it is most fortunate that you have my eyes. It is a field caused by one of the Force Users in that den below. If you cross it, they’ll sense you.

Conloadh made a face. “Figures they’d have some brains,” he grumbled. “Hey! I know! Maybe that inventor girl would have something to counter it! Maybe we should go back and see!”

Stryker looked at him blankly. You would go back there? she asked with a touch of sarcasm. And you suspect the female would just happily hand it over and let you go?

“Huh? Oh,” Conlaodh’s face fell. “I didn’t think about that.”

Stryker gave her companion a long look, a touch of pity in her eyes. Let’s land. Up here we can be spotted.

“Good idea,” Conlaodh agreed. “But there’s gotta be a way around that stupid field. It’s gotta be one of those sensor types.” He sat down cross-legged and crossed his arms in thought. “Hmm…it’s a slave trade, and if they’re so good at eluding capture then they have to be doing some heavy trafficking. Which means there’d be too numerous dirtbags coming in and out, so…”

He snapped his fingers as the light kicked on in his head. “I got it! It’s gotta be a simple field, which means that if we’re really fast it won’t really have time to register what we are! C’mon, Stryker, let’s get in there and scope out the place. We’ll need to figure out how the place works, where they’re keeping the slaves and possible escape routes. Not to mention,” he added in afterthought, “they have to have sensors in shifts or just one that monitors during certain hours. We just need to figure out their routine and plan the escape of the slaves.”

Escape? Stryker questioned. I thought you intended to take this place down?

“Oh I do,” Conloadh said, his eyes looking very much the predator. “But it’s more important to get the people to safety. After that, we’ll give these guys a taste of hell.”
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd December 2010, 2:07 pm

[ATTN: Shin'hai, Geneveve, Alkahest]

Emory listens to Geneveve's tale patiently and nods her head in understanding as she finishes.

"Interesting.....yes, we'll have to treat this as top priority. Basically, that young man has turned this man into a rescue mission. Taking out the slave traders will be a nice bonus. Now.....Shin'sai, you're going to joins us!" Emory decides, "And how about you, Alkahest, would you like to join? Hm.....I know exactly who all I want to add to this, so Geneveve, I'm going to write some names down and I want you to take them to Lidda. Have her announce that the following will report to my office at the end of this class hour. Also mention that it's urgent. "

Emory hands Geneveve the name list of Crescendo Academy students. "Shin'sai, you're one of them, so come to my office with me after this class. Alkahest.....I don't know if you'll join us or not, but perhaps you can return to your office and think about it? If you decide to join us, just come to my office, as well. I'm not alone, now, I have the class with me."

Emory waits until the two leave and then she continues the class as usual, repeating her announcement that she had stated before, hoping that Shin'sai listens to her this time. "As I had stated before, I would like everyone to be accompanied at all times. All times. We can't afford to risk any more lives and I can't afford to worry about anyone. Okay, so now for the lesson........"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ATTN: Akagi]

Morgana is sitting in class listening to Professor Tzar drone on about Force Defenses when she sees a student that she has never seen before open the door to the class quietly a tiny bit and peek in. Standing suddenly, she moves over to the opposite side of the classroom so that Tzar wont' see him. If he's caught being late, he'll be crucified, new or not, she thinks to herself, Hopefully, he'll sneak to a desk if I pull his attention away.

"Ms. Sirois, is there a problem?" Professor Tzar asks in an annoyed tone, "I'm trying to teach here."

"Professor Tzar, I don't understand this!" Morgana exclaims, "I have tried and tried to understand why you are lecturing us over this crap when the majority of us already have our basics learned!"

"Ms. Sirois........" Tzar says in a calculated tone, walking up to Morgana and turning his back to the door and half the classroom, "I have told you time and time again, being a UU2 doesn't mean you still can't study the basics. It is important-very key- that you choose a specialization when you're a UU2, yes, but you have to practice your basics, still. You must. That's how you succeed, how you grow. I understand you're tired of doing all of this over and over and over again.

One day, Morgana, you'll be facing an enemy, and my defense skills will save you. When that happens......you'll be thanking me." Tzar states. "Now, that is the last time I want to hear this protest. From any of you."

Tzar turns back to the class and then gestures for Morgana to return to her seat. "Now.....are there any.....relevant questions before we head out to the field?"

Last edited by Leah7 on 23rd December 2010, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 23rd December 2010, 2:40 pm

[ATTN: Morgana]

UU2?...But I thought I was a UU6...This is my class, though...Maybe if I walk in acting like I was in the wrong class, I could get off easy. Akagi pondered over what to do as Professor Tzar was talking to Morgana. Before Akagi had the chance to sneak in, the professor already turned back to the class. Heading out to the field...Hmm... He decided to remain at the door, watching the class until they "Head out to the field". Hopefully, he could blend in with the class as they left.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd December 2010, 4:15 pm

[ATTN: All]
Geneveve headed to the office speedily. That fool boy! I'm so going to electrocute him the next time I see him!

She didn't imagine what he thought he could do. He wasn't even in an Academy! It was just like with many new Force Users when they got their powers; they thought they were unbeatable and could do anything. The reality was much crueler. She shrugged. There was no point worrying about something you could do nothing about.

She reached the office and the secretary regarded her. "How may I help you?" Jilette asked.

Geneveve handed Jilette the paper. "Ms. Amden bid me give you this announcement. Thank you."

Jilette took the paper, glanced it over and turned on the intercom. As Geneveve left the office, she heard Jilette over the intercom.

"Good day, students," she called. "I have an announcement to make. I need the following students to report to Ms. Amden's office after her current class lets out: Kyrie Sheridan, Luna Stellaris, Adam Vallen, and Shin'Sai. Again, would the following please report to Ms. Amden's office after her class lets out."

Geneveve headed back to class and sat down, zoning out on the lesson in favor of the PMD that awaited her return.

It was the middle of the night, and Conlaodh had the place mapped in his head. There were four guard towers stationed in a semi-circle around the slave trader's camp. The other half was topped off by the large, nearly mountainous hill behind the camp. It made an effective wall, but made them a little too complacent. He had scaled the hill easily and found they kept no sentries on that side other than armed thugs that walked around the entire perimeter of the camp and hill. He had eluded the men easily, their dependence on their precious light made them blind to anything outside it. His guess was they figured no one would be able to get to them from that side so they only needed this pathetic handful of guards. Either that, or they figured the two Force Sensors they had at the opposite ends of the camp would catch anything they missed. How they had remained hidden for so long eluded him. It seemed to him they were betting on luck more than anything. And their luck has run out...

Moving in the interior of the camp had proven a little trickier, but far more fun. The crew quarters were situated in the back next to the hill, whereas the dining area was in the front left area of camp. On the front right lay a stage; he figured that's where the auctioning happened. In the back right was their restrooms and in the center on a raised platform was the boss's headquarters. It was elevated above the other places and gave the guy a good look down on everywhere else. Toward the back of the camp where the hill lay was a cave and several tunnels, and it was here that the slaves were kept. And it wasn't just Anthros they had in there, there were humans, too. Women and children, mostly, but a few men. Every person in their was dirty and beaten, bearing the look of one who has suffered long and all hope is gone. Though it pained him, he remained hidden from them, as well; he had read too many stories about appearing to the captors and everything went south. He'd appear tomorrow, instead, when he was ready to break them out.

Keeping them in the caves was ingenious; there was no exit out of the tunnels except for the one in the camp. But it gave him his idea for how he was going to get them out of there. Unfortunately for him, it also meant betting on a little luck. But he had a few ideas on how to increase the odds in his favor.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd December 2010, 4:34 pm

[ATTN: Akagi]

Morgana's attempt failed, but there was nothing she could do. That kid is toast, she thinks. Another student raised her hand.

"Yes, Amara?" Professor Tzar asks.

"Professor Tzar....." Amara began, "What exactly are we going out onto the field for? I'm new here and I'm kind of confused......"

"Well, Amara," Tzar says, "We're going to train you and the other three UU6's. In the field, you'll face me, Morgana, Merrik, Marcus, and Myka. We're going to attempt to beat the crap out of you and hope that you can use your defenses properly. Any other questions?"

Amara paled instantly, and Morgana saw that the two other UU6's with her paled as well. Seeing that they were one UU6 short, the boy in the door had to be the other. Man, that kid is really, really toast. Tzar will be especially hard on him since he's late.

No other students ask any questions, so they all stand to leave the room. The three UU6's huddle together, suddenly feeling.....outnumbered. Looking at the others, Morgana nods confidently to the UU2's and UU1's, and they walk towards the door to leave the room and enter the field.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top