Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 9 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd February 2013, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

The sergeant moved with a speed that defied what a human could do, sidestepping both bullets with ease. With a wave of his hand, he turned his body and stepped, avoiding the sword swing and grabbing Henry's hand at the wrist, wresting it in a painful grip as the bones began creaking together.

"Y--you touch Alfie when my corpse is gathering bacteria!" Lucia roared, aiming the holy weapon at the demon and firing.

The demon shoved Henry away, sending him over the railing. Alfredo reached out and caught him by the ankle. In the meantime, the demon had pulled up a demonic field to repel the blast, grimacing as it pushed him back a little.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 9 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by Red 16th April 2013, 10:25 pm

Henry looked back, seeing the man following after. "Yeah..." he said. Might be a good idea to try and lose him. Tracking demons with Volkov tailing them couldn't end well...

"Let's try going a bit faster," he said, picking up his pace and easily catching up to Hailey in her dress. "Lead the way, Ms. Valentine."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2013, 10:31 pm

Lucia clenched her fists and glared daggers at Volkov. "You...!" she growled almost ferally. "If you ever so much as look crosswise at my Alfredo again, you. will. regret it."

The man was a mountain, but she didn't care. Alfredo was family.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th April 2013, 10:37 pm

Volkov wheeled around, watching as Hailey and Henry disappeared.
"Where are you lot going! I said-" A woman then blocked his path, and on her arm was Helena, of all people. The two having seemingly been pulled into the crowd.
"Oh-? Sorry, Ladybird, but I have no time for the Wonter family's nanny." He tried to push passed her. "As for you, oh dearest daughter of mine, your little boy toy has gone missing, started yelling his head off like a bloody nutter and now that man-" He jerked his head towards the corpse. "Is dead."
Helena's gaze flickered over to the man on the floor.
He looked familiar- he was-
Oh shit.
Helena released Lucia, taking off after Henry and Hailey.
"Hailey! Wait- Wait!" She sprinted to catch up with them, pulling up her dress.
"Helena-" Volkov clicked his tongue, moving Lucia aside to try to go after his daughter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2013, 10:43 pm

This time, she did growl. "You spineless, cowardly, worm!" she thundered, taking a flying leap for the man.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th April 2013, 10:50 pm

Upon hearing a familiar voice Hailey looked back, seeing Helena calling out to her. She stopped and quickly grunted. 

"That's it, I'm ditching this dress." she said, taking her short shorts out of her bag and putting them on under her dress before removing it, leaving her in her shorts and a bra. 

She quickly reached into her bag and put on a black tank top. By the time she had completely changed, Helena had reached them. "Let's go girl we gotta lose your father!" she said ushering the small girl forward and starting to run again, leaving the dress and her bag on the ground. 

Robin caught up to Volkov since he had stopped to talk to two girls, as he was about to go off after the small one apparently called Helena, she blocked his way beside Lucia. "Sorry big guy, but Hailey's got this covered, how bout you leave em be?" he finished looking straight up at the man.  But before he could respond the girl beside him jumped at him, Robin's eyes widened, she didn't think it would end well for the girl. "Careful girl!" she said trying to stop her from making that mistake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th April 2013, 11:00 pm

Lucia fought like a rabid bear with a mouth full of sore teeth against Robin as she caught her. "Let me go!" she howled in fury. "I'll claw his damned eyes out!"

As Hailey ran, she'd notice gasps and stares and talks of indecency as she ran through the town. Running around a town with next to nothing on tended to do that.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th April 2013, 11:10 pm

Henry cringed as Hailey stripped, already hearing people in the town center gasping at her callousness. As she left the dress and bag behind, he swept it up, carrying it in his arms as Helena caught up with them.

He struggled to pull off his suitjacket and threw it over Hailey's shoulders. "You'll get arrested for public indecency," he hissed to her. "Put that on and let's get out of the middle of the city."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th April 2013, 8:29 pm

Volkov glanced, ready to bat Lucia away like a gnat. Luckily the other woman held her back.
"Listen, little miss- I don't know or care how tough you think you are- but I'd advise you not to pick fights with men. Especially men unafraid of hitting little spitfires like you.." At that, Volkov turned and began perusing the group once again.

"What is going on!? What happened to Kropp!?" Helena asked, keeping up with the two. "And Hailey put some clothes on! We're on a high class ship! You'll get kicked off!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th April 2013, 8:35 pm

Lucia growled. "Oh, you come and get it!" she said in a guttural tone. "I'll show your 'manhood' my surgeon's scalpel, you..." She began a litany of expletives that proved she had, indeed, hung around soldiers.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th April 2013, 10:06 pm

Hailey shrugged at their warnings and simply kept running as she put the coat on, which went passed her shorts.

She answered Helena afterwards. "He was possessed, and the demon ran away with the crowds panic. But the demonic presence is fading, so he was probably left somewhere while the demon escaped, I'm bringing us to the last place I sense the demon was." she finished, quickly cutting to her left. 

Robin let go of Lucia and said "Sorry girl, but I don't want another corpse to deal with.." she said as she bolted off after Volkov. Luckily her dress had a split along the side of her leg, so she could actually run.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 17th April 2013, 10:34 pm

Henry raced alongside her, trying to shield the crowd's gaze from her with his body. The trail, at least, was headed out of the main city. If he wanted to do anything to Kropp, it wouldn't be out in public.

He winced at the thought as they escaped the crowds of the city somehow. "Now you're putting the dress back on when we go back," he said, "because I want my coat."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th April 2013, 9:13 am

Lucia glared daggers at Robin, but she'd said something about lives and had she heard Kropp's name mentioned. She sighed furiously and charged after them.

Alfredo was chuckling. "And so...so...THAT'S why you don't you don't use an inverter!"

The young girl burst out laughing. "Cause you'll be upside down!" she said, finishing his joke. "Oh my god, that's a riot!"

"I know, right!" Alfredo said.

They had been talking for a while as she had shown him around. He had been thoroughly impressed with her knowledge. It was rare meeting a young mind like his. This was why he loved this fair. A chance to speak to people who knew English.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th April 2013, 8:33 pm

Helena's heart dropped into her stomach and she stumbled slightly.
She had failed Kropp- again.
"I- I-is he okay? Not dead? Is Kropp alive?" Helena stuttered out frantically.
Volkov, however, was hot on their heels, surprisingly agile for a man his age and size.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th April 2013, 10:06 pm

Hailey kept running, pretty much ignoring Henry, but she turned to look at Helena as she seemed to be panicking. 

She gave her a reassuring smile and said "Come on now, don't worry honey, Kropp is a tough guy, I'm sure he's fine." pausing briefly before seeing that Volkov was on their tail. 

She cursed and cut into an alley, as they were half way through the alley, Hailey stopped and looked left to right to make sure no one was watching.

A platform than materialized over the ground and Hailey ushered the group onto it. "Hold on to something!" she said as the platform suddenly blasted upwards. They made it to the roof and Hailey yelled out "Jump!" as she did so herself landing on the roof and dematerializing her platform. 

Robin was trying to keep up with the big man, but the dress was really cramping her style... Despite the split, it was still too tight for her to run at full speed. 

She growled and yelled out "YO PILE OF SHIT, SLOW DOWN." obviously meant for Volkov. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 18th April 2013, 10:20 pm

Henry followed Hailey up to the roof, helping Helena run along it in her formal dress. He suddenly handed over Hailey's dress and bag, shoving it into Helena's arms.

"Allow me," he said, sweeping her up off her feet and into his arms.

She weighed as much as a child, so he was able to still somewhat keep up with Hailey, racing to get out of sight of the streets before Volkov showed up.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th April 2013, 10:30 pm

Helena fumbled onto the roof, this dress was great for attracting attention*namely the lustful gazes of potential suitors* and getting compliments, but running, jumping and chasing were a different matter entirely.
She was grateful when Henry picked her up, for once thankful for her small and rather compact size. She was going to fall off the roof in the dress, otherwise.
"But Kropp- he's strong yes but he's not- he doesn't know anything about demons! He can't protect himself! I left him alone at that house and look at what happened- and they weren't as strong as this one- not by a longshot-" What if Kropp was lying dead in a gutter, or comatose in a alleyway- all because of her; again.
Volkov stopped, snarling in irritation as the group seemed to vanish. "God damn it all." He hissed, wheeling around to look at Robin. "And I suggest you keep your blithering mouth shut, girly- unless you want me to break your arms."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th April 2013, 9:17 am

"Oh, no, don't worry," Lucia said as she flew past them both. She had long since mastered moving in a dress--though to be fair, she also had hers tailored for movement. "He's a coward! Too many witnesses! All of them high class!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th April 2013, 9:24 am

Hailey looked back at Helena again and said "I think your not giving him enough credit, he sill fought off an army or demons, almost single handedly." she briefly paused as she scanned the are, they were close. Only a few more minutes.

Hailey began running again and said "Were almost there!" as she jumped onto another roof.

Robin rolled her eyes at the big man and crossed her arms "Oh really? I have to insult you to finally get your attention? Quite the "man" you are." she said creating hooks around the word man with her fingers before crossing her arms again. 

She looked at Lucia run by towards the man again with a cocked eyebrow. *she has serious issues.." she thought to herself before running after her again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th April 2013, 12:51 am

Kropp slowly and unsurely awoke, being greeted by a smashing headache and a feeling of nausea. He rolled onto his side, having been flat on his back. He felt something slide off his chest and clatter to the floor. He opened his eyes, cringing, for the light made it worse. He squinted hard, the room moving around him in erratic circles. It was a small, dull, five cent coin.
Left for him like some cheap whore.
Kropp looked at it blankly for a moment, letting the thought and meaning sink into his brain, which had been since rendered feeble.
"Well- not the worst tip I've ever received..." And no sooner had he said those words that he vomited yet again, chunks of barely digested food making an encore as his stomach wrenched and churned. He flopped back onto his back, taking a few swallows of breath and clutching at his chest. A sob unwillingly escaped his throat and he felt a crushing sense of shame. The second time he had failed; the second.
Both at the hands of demons.
A normal person would have said 'Oh Kropp give yourself a break they're not from this world; you're just a boy.'
Kropp, however, only saw it as another reason to beat him up. He was, in his mind, a failure and embarrassment to the human race.
He had failed Helena, his commander, who had not only harped in his ear about demons, but given him information on them.
A failure, in so many delicious ways.
'I have to get up- I have to get out of here.' He pushed himself up, like a baby deer trying to take it's first steps. He careened about unsteadily. The light shone off the coin and he stared for a moment, before pocketing it. Pride and honor be damned. He made it to his feet, walking and careening unsteadily; like a drunk man. His hair clung to his sweaty forehead and for every five feet or so that he made, he was forced to double over and vomit. He had gotten sick so much over the passed hour or so; there was no more food left for him to throw up, it was merely a mixture of spittle and stomach acid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 20th April 2013, 10:16 am

They followed the trail off to another island of Aeros, to an area far from the center that looked to be under some construction. Ahead of them, struggling to walk, stumbled Kropp, and Henry cringed. His aura was in pieces. Literally.

But no demon black blanketed him, and there was no sign of the demon anywhere. He tried to pick up some speed, breathing hard.

"Kropp!"he called, as they approached, looking around warily for the demon.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd April 2013, 9:28 am

Hailey sprinted towards Kropp when Henry called out his name, also saying "I don't feel the demon anywhere, he's gone." looking back at the other two momentarily. 

When she got to him, she could tell he wasn't in a good shape. "Hey "boyfriend", need a hand?" she said smirking slightly as she offered to let him lean on her to walk. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd April 2013, 10:25 pm

"Kropp!" Helena leaped from Henry's arms, sprinting for him, stumbling slightly. "Kropp!"
He looked up, seeing Hailey and Helena before him. He smiled a somewhat broken, lopsided grin.
"Why hello, ladies-" He wreched, pressing his hand against a nearby wall and collapsing against it, vomiting, before going to the ground. Helena grabbed him under the arm, so he wouldn't smash his lazily swinging head against the wall. She kneeled beside him, wiping the vomit from his lips.
He tried to shoo her away, only to find himself too weak to fight off the small girl. He groaned, pressing his forehead against the cool, metallic necklaces on her neck.
"I'm going to puke..." He moaned after a while.
"Oh, Kropp.."Helena rubbed his shoulder in a comforting gesture, but comforting someone was hardly her specialty.
"That's where you're supposed to say, 'Well don't get it on me, then!'- didn't you get the script?" He chuckled.
"I guess not..."
"Ugh, I need some booze. Help me up-" He grunted, trying to pull himself up with Helena's assistance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd April 2013, 8:32 am

Lucia was looking around warily, but upon seeing Kropp, doctor mode kicked in. She came up and took his face in her hand, looking him over.

"Alcohol is right," she said. "Brandy to bring some color back in his cheeks, an antacid to get that stomach right, and rest. Plenty of it."

She got on the opposite side of Kropp and let him lean on her, bearing the weight firmly. "Do you all have arrangements? Otherwise we can take him to Alfie's suites."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 23rd April 2013, 10:04 am

Henry cringed. "Ah - we had rooms rented for us by Mr. Volkov," he said to Lucia. Kropps aura was far worse than Helena's had been, and he didn't have access to a healing chamber to help. It could be weeks until he's back to full health.. And in the meantime he'd have to deal with the effects...

He muttered a curse, standing back uncertainly as Lucia caught up and started working with him. No sign of Volkov at least.

He hated feeling useless like this...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd April 2013, 5:18 pm

Hailey shrugged as Helena and Lucia took her place in supporting Kropp, oh well. 

"If ever you need anything that isn't consumable, I can materialize it for ya" she said looking at Lucia with a nod. 

She than looked at Henry and realized his hair wasn't gray anymore, must have happened when she made that platform. 

She quickly turned it gray again before sighing in relief, luckily, no one was nearby. 

Robin swore as she saw Lucia run off after the group, leaving her to face Volkov. If she ran off after Lucia, she would lead the man straight to them.

She signed and massaged her forehead before crossing her arms and looking at the giant in the eyes once more. "Well looks like its just you and me now big guy... How bout a drink?" she asked, not expecting him to accept.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top