Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 3 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd February 2013, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

The sergeant moved with a speed that defied what a human could do, sidestepping both bullets with ease. With a wave of his hand, he turned his body and stepped, avoiding the sword swing and grabbing Henry's hand at the wrist, wresting it in a painful grip as the bones began creaking together.

"Y--you touch Alfie when my corpse is gathering bacteria!" Lucia roared, aiming the holy weapon at the demon and firing.

The demon shoved Henry away, sending him over the railing. Alfredo reached out and caught him by the ankle. In the meantime, the demon had pulled up a demonic field to repel the blast, grimacing as it pushed him back a little.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 2:41 pm

Lucia growled. "What in the hell are you wearing?!" she snapped. "Go put a robe on or something! That thing's positively indecent!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2013, 2:45 pm

"Lucia that's not important," Henry said, irritated, not looking at Helena while she was still indecent. "I realize you can bring guests aboard, but I'm wanted in the city, remember? I'm not your average guest. And if I find one, I'll figure out what to do then."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 2:48 pm

Lucia got in Henry's face and began poking his chest. Hard. "Do not tell me what is and is important. She is a guest in the Wontner estate and that does not mean she can just dress as she wills! Especially with an impressionable young man living here!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2013, 2:49 pm

"An impressionable young man who just left," he said flatly, staring down at her. "Can we get back on the topic?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 2:50 pm

"Still the Wontner estate and still certain decorum will be upheld!" she snapped, undeterred. "It's bad enough I have one dollymop in this house. I don't need two! If she has her own ship, she can dress the whore there! But not. in. this house!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2013, 2:57 pm

Henry's mouth twisted. "Lucia. Enough. Posturing. How Helena chooses to walk around in the house is not as important as, I don't know, making sure Alfredo doesn't get killed by demons or pirates at a fair. Now are you going to talk business or keep complaining?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 3:01 pm

Lucia folded her arms and backed off. "I'll have you know, sir, I'm doing more than just 'complaining,'" she said coldly. "I have guardian rights on this house and the authority to kick anyone out of it I so choose. So like I said, she will not dress that way outside of her own room.

"As for Alfie," she went on, "you can worry about demons and the like--it sounds like ladybird #2 has her own means to get aboard the airship--I, on the other hand, am only worried about pirates. But those I can deal with, thank you very much."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2013, 3:02 pm

"I'll dress however I fucking wish. Besides, everything's covered and I doubt Alfredo would care about my breasts if I shoved them in his face. Now- what's this business of getting aboard?" She crossed her arms. "Now, what's saying you can't be snuck aboard? I've stowed Jaxx away on more than a few family trips- what's to say I can't hide you? Plus- you really think a bunch of scientists are going to keep their noses out of their inventions long enough to recognize you?
"Lucia, you're forgetting that I'm shirtless, here. You complaining about her and not me- sort of a double standard. Or do you just enjoy the view?" Kropp smirked, taking a seat while Helena opted to remain standing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 3:05 pm

"As I said," Lucia said, glaring at Helena, "you may, as you so vulgarly put it, dress any way you wish. But in someone else's house. Not this one. So if you want to dress that way, get out. End of story and not negotiable."

She grinned at Kropp. "There's nothing even remotely indecent about you with your shirt off, sir," she said amused. "Shirtless for you is a far cry from that thing she's wearing."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2013, 3:11 pm

"I can't imagine a ship that's such great pirate bait is without a guard," he said to Helena, "and I'm certain I'd be recognized - heavens above, woman, will you shut up!"

He cut himself off, turning to glare at Lucia. "Have you no shame yourself? If you're going to criticize a young lady for coming out in her nightgown then don't stare at Kropp like a boy eyeing a whore. Helena," he said, taking off his jacket, "wear that while we talk," he said, handing his jacket over.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 3:20 pm

"I was not 'eying' him," she snapped defensively. "But I've been around plenty of shirtless soldiers who were doing hard labor.

"And you, sir, lack vision," she said. "You were exiled here," she went on. "The airship is in neutral airspace for the explicit purpose of not belonging to any one nation. They're almost a nation unto themselves. So I doubt you'll have too much trouble there. Besides, clean yourself up a bit, and a fancy tux, and they wouldn't recognize you."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2013, 3:23 pm

Helena shrugged, putting his jacket on with a smirk on her face. "And you think I can't get us passed that? All you'd have to do his stow away in my luggage until I come get you- and no one trifles with a ladies bags, especially not mine. So rest assured."
"And how is it any less indecent, if I walked out like this I'd get the cops called on me in no time. At least Helena has all of her covered. Sure, a lot of leg is plainly visible but what's the difference between that and having it bound up with tight fabric?" He leaned back in his chair. "I rest my case."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2013, 3:59 pm

"Fine," she said, "seeing as Alfie is not here, I will drop the matter." She stared Helena down. "But the second he's back in this house, or any other estate of the Wontners, all bets are off and I don't want to see that outfit unless it's under a robe. Otherwise, you can go to your bloody ship that you have docked and run around naked for all I care.

"And I don't care about shirtless men because I've been out in the colonies where the rules...a bit more lax," she added at Kropp. She wouldn't mention that she had worked alongside the men in nothing more than a piece of cloth around her chest. But in her case it had been functional--it had been too damn hot to be wearing full clothing.

She headed for the door. "You lot obviously don't need me for whatever you're planning, so I will take my leave of you as what I came here for is done. Hailey's fine, by the way. Still unconscious, but fine as I can tell. Just remember to shift her body every couple of hours."

She opened the door and exited. She had more important things to do than entertain the harlot of Bruhl.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2013, 5:17 pm

Hailey groaned slightly as a ray of light came onto her face. She turned to her side, still grunting, obviously annoyed. After a few more moments of tossing and turning unhappily, she opens her eyes.

She stares at the ceiling for a few moments, before frowning and looking around. Her room? how? what happened. She searched for the last thing she remembered, bringing her fingers to her forehead and rubbing.

Memories began flashing in her mind, the demon who had entrapped her in his spell, her getting stabbed in the abdomen, the holy field around her dying, letting the madness take her over. And then... Helena...

She blushed thinking about the young woman who had managed to rip her away from the claws of madness. And at that moment she remembered the words the demon had said to her. Lord Wrath... Spawn of Satan.. he was the key to freeing her family of this curse.

She sighed, of course it was demoralizing, just the title that demon had was frightening.. she probably wouldn't even be able to get near him without losing control..

She quickly shook her head, she would figure something out when the time came. She gets up off the bed, stretching and slightly losing balance. Wow her body felt numb and.. a sleep. How long had she been out?

She looked at herself in the mirror, she surprisingly looked radiant, apparently, long periods of sleep did that to you. Although her hair was messy, she had a lions mane at this point, and what was she wearing... it looked like something out of a hospital.

She quickly changed into a black baggy, crop top shirt that had a large collar, falling over one of her shoulders. She also wears red short shorts and stretches once more before finally leaving the room. Her body was still somewhat asleep so she was walking slowly.

She heard a bit of talking before hearing the door opening and closing. It sounded like Lucia, and apparently she had been taking care of her... how.. unexpected.. Hailey simply cocked her eyebrow for a moment before continuing.

A few moments later, Hailey made it down the stairs, smiling, as she spotted Henry, Helena and Kropp. She slightly waved and said in a cracking voice, since she hadn't been speaking for the past few days. ''Hey guys..'' smiling even more as she got closer, slowly.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2013, 7:14 pm

Kropp looked up, grin on his face. "Well, well, well- look who's up!" Helena turned around, smiling.
"Hailey! How're you feeling?" She took a step towards you. "You still look a bit peaky.."
Kropp stood up, offering the chair he was just sitting in. "You need to sit?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2013, 8:38 pm

Henry sighed, rubbing his temples as Lucia left. Heavens above, at least the arguing was over but he might have just lost his way in...

There was still Helena apparently though, and he turned to her to start discussing things when he saw what, from the corner of his eye, looked like a huge red broom descending the stairs. Hailey. Her hair was a mess, but he focused on that and not her, as usual, inadequate dress.

A small smile spread across his face. "Good to have you back with us," he said, as Kropp moved to give her his seat.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2013, 10:09 am

Hailey smiled even more at all their comments, thanking them all afterwards.

Kropp then offered her his seat and Hailey nodded. "Why thank you mister Kropp." she says chuckling slightly. 

She than said "And yes, I'm fine, just getting used to being up and about again I guess.." she said trying to brush her hair with her fingers, not really working all that well. 

She than looks at all of them, they all seemed healed... She did as well. She furrowed her brows and asked "How long have I been out?" not really looking forward to the answer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th March 2013, 3:44 pm

"About a week," Henry said, tugging at his tie as he looked away from her. He cleared his throat. "Alfredo just left, by the way," he said. "Same with Lucia. She's been taking care of you. But Alfredo seems to have goals other than dealing with demons, so I at least will be following him. To keep him safe," he added quickly. He certainly wasn't prying. At all. Though he was more than a little irritated that he'd led them on like that...

"And that's about all that's happened while you were out," he said.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2013, 9:07 pm

"Wait, what? Alfredo's ditching us?" Helena raised an eyebrow.
"Well, y'know rich people- always something better to do." Kropp smirked at Helen, who elbowed him in the ribs.
"But I thought he made all his crazy holy shit because he was all for ridding the world of demons? Or at least keeping them under control..." She frowned. "So that basically means now that he's used us-"
"Mainly Hailey and Henry-" Kropp corrected.
"to do his dirty work and what he deems worthy to do, he's dropping out? And you're following him? He seems perfectly able to take care of himself, him and his crazy housemaid seem to have it all under control, here." She crossed her arms.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2013, 9:31 pm

Hailey tilted her head when they started talking about Alfie ditching them. She didint believe them, Hailey had faith in the kid. "What ever he said, I'm sure there is an explanation, and I don't feel used at all." she pauses briefly before continuing, clearing her throat to try and get rid of the scratchiness.

"I chose to go along with Alfie and he gave me a place to stay when my home became unsafe because of the blitzer." she says shuddering at the though of the colossus.

"What ever it is that the brat is doing and planning, it's bound to attract more demons, so as a demon hunter, I'm obviously in.." she says with a small smirk, which than turns to a blank, annoyed expression.

"Shit... One week sleeping... You got a lot of training to catch up with Hails..." she mutters to herself, sighing afterwards.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th March 2013, 9:40 pm

He nodded at Hailey's words. "That. The demons still think he's with us, no matter what Alfie does. Besides that, this," he said, waving the flier, "screams of pirate bait. And last I heard pirates have been getting even more active than normal."

"And I want to know what the hell I've been helping him for all this time," he added. "So I'm getting on board there somehow, with or without you two."

Last edited by Red on 11th March 2013, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2013, 9:47 pm

"What is it with you and pirates, man?" Helena sighed. "Whatever, I could get you all on, easy." She grinned. "My father has a shit ton of connections and a shit ton of money- the only downside to this is.." Her face fell, twisting into a grimace.
"You'll have to meet her oh-so-lovely father. A basket of puppies, I assure you." Kropp's voice oozed sarcasm and he rolled his eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2013, 10:04 pm

Hailey listened to Henry with attention, nodding at his words. She wouldn't want anything to happen to the kid, after all.

She also grabbed the flyer, reading it as she listened to Helena speak. Wow this thing seemed classy.. She was already dreading it... Her usual clothes wouldn't be accepted. And that's when she heard Helena speaking of meeting her father, which made her blush for some reason.

Kropp that chained on with a joke, which made Hailey burst into a cracky laughter. When she finally finishes she says "Well, looks like we are still a team huh... Well, I better start getting to it" pausing to get up. "Helena wanna spar?" she said, a new flame burning within her soul, as she grinned wickedly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th March 2013, 10:05 pm

Henry raised an eyebrow. "And I assume he's in the city, too," he said. He tapped the side of his jaw with his finger. He had a few other concerns earlier too, what was it...

"We might not have time, Hailey, Alfredo left for it already," he said. "Oh yeah, how are we going to get me into the city to meet your father then? And what about our weapons?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th March 2013, 4:42 pm

Hailey sulked when Henry told her they wouldn't have have time to spar, but her expression quickly lightened up when he spoke of how he would get in unnoticed. 

"Well weapon wise I'm fine with my magic, except maybe for my hunting dagger that has mysteriously disappeared..." she says eyeing Henry suspiciously before continuing. 

"But I may have an idea for getting you in unnoticed." she says with a small grin and chuckle as she closes her eyes and concentrates.

A few moments later, when she opens her eyes, Henry's hair was half pink and half lime green. Hailey nursed into laughter and said "Why, those colors just suit you wonderfully Henry!!" laughing once more. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top