Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Coldrion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Coldrion - Page 2 Empty City: Coldrion

Post by JerriLeah7 30th June 2013, 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

City:  Coldrion - Page 2 Aaj24g

City Name:  Coldrion (Kole - dree - on)
Country/Territory: Moultania
Government Style:  Elected Dictatorship
Population:  12,006 Registered Residents
Tech Level:  Advanced --  high Reliance on Ether Technology
Trade:  Military Technology Development & Manufacture, Metals, Stone, Minerals, Ether

Coldrion was once a mining outpost long in its history until the discovery of Chordium, after which, it quickly became pivotal in dealing with Force Users and it quickly developed into new circles of technology due to the abundant surplus of income from this rarer mineral.  Coldrion is known as the "City of Abundant Layers."  It also sports some of the highest Ether pollution, due to its massive reliance on Ether technology.  

The most advanced anti-Force User technology springs from this City and it is also the home of the FUIC (pronounced as Fwick), or the Force User Imprisonment Center.  It has the maximum capacity of around one thousand inmates, however this capacity has never been tested as most long term inmates succumb to Chordium poisoning.  Every day Force User criminals are not sent to FUIC, only those convicted of felonies, murder, or other such severe crimes are permanently incarcerated in FUIC after a trial.  Many Force Criminals are temporarily detained within local jails and holding cells, without the use Chordium.  FUIC's only other purpose that has been known to the public has been for interrogations of ELFs or ELF couriers.  

Coldrion's city life is not very glamorous or showy, like many other Cities and towns may be.  This city has over two-thirds of its available land space dedicated to business and industry.  The rest is a conglomeration devoted to roads, highways, and residential areas that are generally apartments and other such smaller confinements.  Owning a personal home in this City is exceedingly rare and expensive.  This city also has one of the highest levels of security, both within and around the city.  There are many checkpoints and routine Ether sweeps in various locations and buildings and random checkpoints fluctuate daily, making them quite sporadic and unpredictable.  As such, Coldrion sports perhaps the fewest unregistered/illegal Force Users of any city and it is proud of it.

Typically, those Force Users that are found unregistered are sentenced to "public service and sanitation" work, where they are often forced into what would account in modern culture as slave-labor.  Though, once their period of probation has ended, they are released immediately and the sentence usually lasts anywhere from three to nine months.  Before the probationary period, however, they are forced through the registration process under strict supervision and their abilities are intensely tested and scrutinized for recorded information, the "public service" generally paying the cost of the testing that is done to register them.  They are also housed and fed during the "public service" work, as well, rather than paid.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Coldrion - Page 2 Empty Re: City: Coldrion

Post by JerriLeah7 11th August 2013, 7:32 pm

[ATTN:  Phaedra]

Embre brushes at her hair with her hands, re-positioning her hat on her head, but doing nothing else to change her appearance as she waits for Pheadra to dress up.  When she comes out looking...well...hot, Embre smirks a bit, nodding her head approvingly.  

"Well, Phae, if there's one thing you know how to do,"  Embre says as she walks towards the door with a laugh, "It's get some free drinks from random dudes.  Nice.  Naw, I'm good.  I usually go casual like this."

Embre opens the door and the two bodyguards quickly move ahead of her to check out the hallway before letting her even step outside of the door frame.  Luckily, Embre is so busy bitching at her new guards for not letting her walk out when she wants to that she doesn't notice the flyer that has been methodically stuck against Phaedra's outer door with a special adhesive and glowing letters:

City:  Coldrion - Page 2 50mu6c
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th August 2013, 7:59 pm

{Attn:  Embre, Open}

Phaedra runs her fingers through her hair.  “Wow you make it sound like I take advantage of them.  Considering  I don't drink alcohol when I am out, the guys are saving money.”  She looks at Embre oddly when she calls her Phae.  It is on the tip of her tongue to correct her, but somehow it sounds alright coming from her.  

She steps out the door and picks up the paper.  “You are the first one to call me Phae.  Typically I would correct you, but I rather like it.”  She reads the flyer and stops walking.  Anger flashes in her eyes.  “Damn bastards.  Can you believe this Embre?  I cannot believe people still want to harm those for being force users.”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th August 2013, 1:17 am

Embre's words cut off towards the bodyguards as Phaedra gestures with the flyer in her hand.  Her eyes direct to the glowing letters, brows furrowed with concentration as she reads the message in Phaedra's hands.  As she finishes, her eyes narrow, a scowl forming on her face as her left hand instinctively moves to the Ether Meter on her right wrist.  Her fingers slide along its smooth surface as she growls in her throat.

"Thane."  Embre grunts.  The quietest of the bodyguards looks up.  "Find out which Puritan Temple this is from for me.  Please."

This was the first time Embre has ever asked anything of them--especially with a polite tone, even if her mood is quite angry.  Still, she is clearly not comfortable any longer.  "Let's...let's drop this, for now.  We have a night filled with fun, not this shit.  I don't need to focus on this garbage...right?"

With that, she turns out into the hallway, looking away hastily and hiding her face as she follows Thane out through the exit.  THe other bodyguard, however, remains and waits to follow Phaedra before leaving himself.

As they get into a vehicle, it is quite clear that the bodyguards are familiar with it as they readily seat themselves and prepare to drive the large, richly made hunk of metal towards their destination.  Embre tells them the name of the club as she stares out the window darkly.  Her mood has clearly been ruined.

"Mahtcha's Place."  Says her darkened tone.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th August 2013, 9:58 am

{Attn: Embre and Guests}

Phaedra watches as Embre reads the paper in her hands. Embre's expression turns downright scary. She requests one of her guards to find out which temple it is from, then walks away. Phaedra hands the guard the paper before catching up to Embre. “You are right,” Her voice gets softer. “However, I want to let you know that I don't judge a person by force or lack there of. My brother is a force user and I don't think of him any differently.”

She sits down in the huge car. “This is nice.” She nudges Embre's knee. “You aren't going to let one little piece of paper ruin our evening are you? Come on we are celebrating!”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd August 2013, 3:33 pm

Embre is glad that Phaedra expresses her desire for Forcer equality.  However, she already knew that Pheadra had to be at least okay with her kind--after all, the woman invited her to dinner when her Ether Meter is so easy to see.  

She lifts her head with a smile, shaking her fury away and deciding that such issues can be dealt with later.  "Of course not.  Tonight is about fun.  I can handle the douches later.  Besides, I really need to dance.  We're gonna have some fun!"

After about a twenty minute ride of Embre rambling on about how her father is such a pompous ass and her mother was a cop-out, they finally make it to the club, where music is booming and lights are flashing.   She gets out with the guards as they park in the VIP section, making her way up to the front.  Of course, there is a nice, long line in front of the door, but Embre takes Phaedra's hand and waltzes up to the front, where the entrance is made open for them as the others look on in frustration.

She enters the club with a huge grin, moving with the confidence and nonchalance as any "naive," pretty gal could be.  She's entirely outclassed, of course, by all of the nice dresses and gowns around her, but she doesn't care.  She didn't come here to compete, after all.

She moves up to the DJ and waves, and the man nods his head down with a quick motion and a small smile in greeting.  She holds up seven fingers and waits for him to look back up, and as he notices it, he nods his head again in confirmation.  She then heads up to the bar and grins.

"He's a good friend, Phae."  She says happily, "If ya ever want a song, I can get it for you.  They don't usually take requests, but uh....I have other means of getting what I want, usually."  

She notices the bodyguards in the room, but a few feet away and staring intently at and around her.  She frowns for a bit, but shrugs it off.  She'll just have to try to forget that they are here.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd August 2013, 4:10 pm

Phaedra relaxes in the car, it is the first time she has been in one so luxurious. They exchange stories about their family, but is shocked by what Embre tells her about her father. Being the Dictator's daughter is not all that it is cracked up to be. Phaedra wonders to herself why Embre was on the bus this morning if she has transportation.

They arrive at the club and of course there is a line. Phaedra is about to grab a place when Embre almost drags her to the front. She plays it off and waves at the people they pass. The Guard lets them in and Phaedra looks around. This is her first time in this particular club. The people are dressed nicely. She is glad she changed. They look at her and Embre wondering who she is.

Phaedra notices the others seem to know who Embre is. Well this may be a fun night after all. She sits next to Embre and orders her drink, non-alcoholic of course. “This is a my first time here. I love this club. No requests so far, but if I do I will let you know. Next time I will have to take you out so you can hear me play.”

She is about to pay for her drink when a handsome man approaches. He has blond hair and sky blue eyes. “Put it on my tab.” He instructs the tender. He looks down at Phaedra. “Would you like dance?”

Phaedra glances over at Embre and winks. “That was quick. I guess I will be right back.” She hands her purse to Embre and goes out on the dance floor to dance.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 25th August 2013, 1:19 pm

[ATTN: Phaedra, OPEN]

Embre takes Phae's purse as she smiles, amused at how quickly the woman is pulled out onto the floor. Amused, yes, but clearly not surprised. She gets a few offers, here and then, but the dudes generally pick up on the fact that she's not their type pretty quick. Then again, she can sort of be a bitch, sometimes...

Her song request begins as the two begin to dance as Embre remains seated, her upper body immediately moving to one of her favorite beats, rocking here and there as her shoulders rise and lower to the rhythm with contentment. She holds tight to the purse as her eyes close and she concentrates on the vibrations moving through her body from the loud bass throughout the room.

Her lips move to the words, her feet tapping upon the floor as she is tapped on the shoulder by the barista to bring her attention to her drink. She thanks him, taking the drink readily before her gaze returns to Phae and her new dancing partner. She does truly look beautiful out there, smiling and laughing and moving sensually.

Her head still rocks side to side as her body moves to the music as her back leans up against the bar and she watches the different people out there on the dance floor. Some of them are quite amusing...and drunk. She chuckles a bit as she watches a few people almost fall over themselves from the lack of coordination.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th August 2013, 2:28 pm

Phaedra is surprised how well the guy is dancing with her. Not that she is totally uncordinated, being a musician she has some rhythm. He twirls her around and pulls her back. She hasn't danced like this for a while. He skillfully keeps her out of harms way from others that are falling over. There is something about his eyes that keeps her drawn to them.

The song ends and she is lead back to the bar. “Thank you Embre, whew that was a way to start out the evening.

The young man winks at Phaedra as she sits down. “Thank you Phaedra for the wonderful dance, I will be back for another one.”

Phaedra sips her drink. “Thanks for drink and the dance.” She leans to Embre. “Anyone you know? I can't explain it, but there is something about him. So do you dance?” Phaedra sets her drink on the bar and looks at Embre expectantly. She didn't see the young lady on the floor earlier and wants her to have fun.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2013, 12:50 pm

[ATTN:  Phaedra, OPEN]

As Phaedra returns, Embre smiles, nodding her head.  She laughs a bit as she listens to another song begin to play.  Her upper body continues to move as she listens to Phae talk about the guy...she ponders on it a bit, but shakes her head at this one in response.

"Can't say I've ever met him.  In fact, he's not even a regular here."  Embre says after a few seconds.  "I must say, he seems much higher class than the usual--like, he holds himself differently, ya know?"

She looks about finding someone she does know.  Phae asks her if she dances as she stares at the guy.  He's tall and thin, but lean and relaxed, leaning against the wall in his fancy suit with not a care in the world.  His eyes look about the room as he gazes about lazily, his expression unreadable.  A lot of rich people come here for sure, always dressed nicely.   His cold, icy eyes stop on her for a moment before continuing about the room as if he hadn't seen her at all.  

For some reason, every time he looks at her, she gets a chill down her spine.  She's not sure why--but it could be those unsettling eyes.  They seem to be a bright yellow.  Probably contacts, but they most certainly not normal, that's for sure.  His pointed ears that poke out of his short, black hair and his fair, smooth skin suggests he's never done a day's work in his life and is probably quite eccentric to have had his ears done that way.

He probably stopped his gaze on her because of her attire.  Embre is pretty much the only person that shows up here casual, but she doesn't care--and since the owner knows who her daddy is, he doesn't seem to care, either.   Or perhaps, the owner just likes her for some reason.  She shouldn't just assume everything is because of her dad, right?  Right.

Instead of answering Phae's question, she nods her head in his direction, her gaze intent on his location as he slides his hands into his pockets casually and continues to look extremely bored and uninterested in the club, overall.  

"See that guy?"  Embre says, "He's in here every week, same day, same time.  He never does anything.  Just leans up against that wall and watches everybody.  He pays up front for all drinks--the same drinks, mind you--and even requested the same girl bring them to him every time.  He just...stands there and looks mysterious as shit."

Embre shuffles in her seat, looking away quickly as his gaze begins to turn towards them.  She looks at Phae instead.  "No one knows who the guy is.  The owner, the DJ, the barmaids, the barista...nobody freakin' knows him.  It's so weird."

Image:
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd September 2013, 6:26 pm

{Attn: Embre, Mystery man}

Phaedra listens to Embre and looks the casually.  She doesn't want to draw his attention seeing that Embre is already looking at him.  Phaedra smiles “He is gorgeous, have you ever tried to approach him?”  She glances at the man over her glasses while sipping his drink.  “Well he has the looks down right.  He could probably have any woman he wanted.”  Her eyes drift to Embre.  “Have you ever spoken to him before, or just oogled him from afar?”  Phaedra knows a challenge when she sees one.  “Come let's go introduce ourselves.”  She gets a mischievous smirk on her face as she grabs Embre's arm and tugs her from the bar.  “I am in sales after all, only this time I am selling myself.”  She laughs.  “That didn't sound right, but know what I mean.”  

Phaedra winks at Embre as she crosses the room over to the mysterious guy.  She only hopes Embre is following.  She approaches the mystery man.  She notices his chameleon colored hair.  It is the best she can describe is because it is not quite one color. “Hello I am Phaedra how are you this evening?”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2013, 7:53 pm

[ATTN:  Phaedra, OPEN]

Embre blushes, looking at Phae for a while before turning her gaze back towards the man, looking over his tall, lean form as he casually, but politely accepts another drink from the usual barmaid.  "Well, Phae, of course I haven't!  Look at him!  He's out of my league.  Hot, rich, and mysterious--he could have any woman he wanted and I'm sure he already does."

Phae speaks teasingly and Embre tries to push the shyness away, unsure of what to say at this point.  Is this what girls talk about when they hang out?  Hot boys and stuff?  She's ready to take another drink when Phae says something completely insane.  She can't even fully react when the woman pulls her hand and tugs her from her seat with swift movements of a crazed woman on a mission.  As they get closer, the man's icy gaze moves to them, his face remaining blank.

Oh, shit.  Phaedra releases her hand, but Embre still follows her as her body gets shaky somehow, almost robotically as if Phaedra has taken control of them.

Phaedra winks at Embre as she crosses the room over to the mysterious guy.  “Hello, I am Phaedra! How are you this evening?”

Oh, damn.  What the hell is she doing?!  I can't do this.  

The man's yellow eyes meet Phaedra's for a few moments before his eyes slide over to Embre's and then back again.  He is silent, at first, his face void of all expression as he shifts his balance from the wall and stands correctly, revealing even more height than what could be seen before.

A small smile, barely a smile, forms on the man's lips as he steps forward and bows to Phaedra, taking her hand and kissing the top of her knuckles gently with an archaic greeting.

"A pleasure, Phaedra, I am quite well."  The man replies.  "And Embrylice, if I recall."

He shifts his attention to Embre, her face fallen pale as she silently gawks awkwardly towards the man that bows to kiss her hand, as well.  As he releases her hand, he backs away, uncaring or not noticing Embre's obvious shy inability to speak as he reutrns his attention back to Phaedra.

"I don't believe I have seen you here before.  What brings you to a new club this evening, if I may ask?"  He asks smoothly, beckoning at the barmaid to bring the ladies a drink.  She shuffles over quickly to ask Phae what she wants before disappearing to get hers and Embre's usual.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd September 2013, 8:25 pm

Phaedra is caught a bit off guard by the man's introduction. She has never been greeted by a kiss on the hand. Even she blushes slightly as he does the same to Embre. He turns his attention back to her. “That is a two part answer. One I am celebrating a promotion at work, and two, Embre picked the place. It is my first time here, so far I am having a wonderful time."

As his attention is turned to the barmaid, Phaedra whispers in Embre's ear. “You're being awfully quiet. He knew your name, and there is no ring on his finger. Take a chance, who knows if anything at least you can get some drinks.”

She gives her order to the barmaid before turning back to the man. “I don't believe I caught your name. Thank you very much for the drink.” She looks to her side at Embre for her to say something to the guy. It is obvious to Phaedra that she is interested in him. Not that she can blame Embre, the guy is gorgeous with proper manners to boot. Such is the live of the perpetual wingman er woman.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2013, 11:15 pm

The man is quick to order their drinks as Phae whispers things into her ear that turn her pale, whitened face into a bright red, lighting it on fire.   She clears her throat as Phaedra thanks him for the drink.  

"Mm--yeah."  Embre forces out.  "We appreciate it and stuff."  And stuff?!  AND STUFF??  What are you, twelve??

The mysterious man forms his small smile again his eyes flickering to Embre as she speaks but quickly returning to Phaedra as Embre begins to blush even more furiously.  

"You are more than welcome, ladies."  The man says pleasantly with his deep, smooth tone.  He is silent for a bit as the barmaid returns with the girls' drinks, handing one to each before wandering off.  The room begins to darken as light rays of blue and red and gold and green and other various colors begin to spin about the room as wild, rave music begins to play.  The crowd begins to jump up and down and it is immediately more difficult to talk.  

However, the man beckons for the ladies to follow him as he moves towards the back corner of the room, where a slightly spiraled set of stairs led them up around the corner and up to a higher floor, where the balcony gave not only a great view of the dancers below and before them, but also had some sort of Forced in area where sound was dulled very efficiently and dulling the music that thundered below.  The vibrations were still quite evident, but at least up here, they could hear.

"They have a force lining in here."  The man explains as he gestures towards a few of the seats that are still empty, all of which are near some small, circular tables.  He lets the ladies choose their seats before taking his own and placing his own drink down on the table.  "It cuts out the sound quite effectively, though I've only ever been up here once before."

His seat just happens to be the one facing away from the dancers, the lights at his back, which darken his face just a bit, as the lighting up here is much more dim, coming from smaller wall lamps behind Embre and Phaedra.  As he crosses his legs and places his drink down, his yellow eyes seem to shine for just a brief moment as he looks up at them and Embre feels that chill down her spine once more.  Embre doesn't know which one is beating harder--the beat of the bass in that song or her heart.

She notices, finally, that one of her bodyguards has moved to a nearby table--they stand out like a Forcer in a Puritan Temple.  Stiff suits, ear pieces, and probably hidden guns.   However, she also notices that there are more than just hers nearby--but three others?  Maybe four?  That she didn't even recognize at all.  

She looks at Thane, her eyebrows rising but he shakes his head to insure that there is no threat.  She wonders who else here could possibly have bodyguards as she picks up her drink and takes a big, heavy drink of scotch and setting it down nervously.

"Congratulations, Phaedra, for your promotion, by the way."  The man says again, his small smile returning in the shadowed light that covers the details of his face.  "I trust you work for a company of great repute?  You seem quite refined and sophisticated, if I say so myself."

He looks over as Embre looks to her bodyguard and then back down at her drink and table.  She clearly looks uncomfortable now, and he clears his throat as he lifts his right hand with a pointed index finger and circles it in the air as it points up towards the ceiling with a quick movement before returning to his lap.  Movement can be seen as a few men begin to walk away.

"I apologize for my men, Embrilyce."  The man says forwardly, "They do not mean to startle.  I'm still adjusting to bodyguards, myself, though that is no excuse.  I should have mentioned their presence to you.  I am sorry."

"I--I didn't tell you about mine."  Embre says roughly before taking another drink.  "S'all good."

"True, but I already knew of yours."  The small smile returns as their eyes move to Phaedra.  "Regardless, let us change our topic.  I believe we were discussing Phaedra's lovely new promotion for a possible company?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th September 2013, 3:16 pm

Phaedra can sense that Embre is nervous.  Could it be that she is truly interested in this new man?  Not that she isn't, but Phaedra will not stand in the way of her friend.  She follows Embre as the man leads them to a private room.  She could not help but be impressed.

"They have a force lining in here."  The man explains as he gestures towards a few of the seats that are still empty, all of which are near some small, circular tables.  He lets the ladies choose their seats before taking his own and placing his own drink down on the table.  "It cuts out the sound quite effectively, though I've only ever been up here once before."  

“Impressive.”  Phaedra sits in the chair across from him.  It is a little offset so she wasn't directly across.  “I work for Aria Health Systems and you are looking at the new District 3 Supply Manager.”  She looks out at the dance floor only barely paying attention to the body guards that join them.  That is until they are mentioned.  “Appears that I am the odd one out.  I don't have any body guards.”  Phaedra laughs lightly.  She studies him for a moment and wonders if she should know him from somewhere.   He has not given his name, maybe he likes the anonymity. “You have to forgive me, but I cannot place you.  Don't worry I didn't realize who Embre was at first either. Not until I had her at my place for dinner.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th September 2013, 11:42 am

[ATTN: Phaedra]

"All is forgiven."  The mans says, "You should not be able to place me, nor should any other.  I'm afraid my reputation is nothing compared to that of a Dictator's daughter."

He winks at her with his small smile, causing Embre to blush, but she looks down at the table and then takes another drink of her scotch.

"I am just a traveler."  The man says again, returning his gaze to Phaedra.  "My name is not one you could pronounce, but many here have chosen to refer to me as John Smith."

"That name doesn't seem to really fit you." Embre says, more talkative now that she's got a good level of alcohol in her.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th September 2013, 3:32 pm

{Attn: Embre, “John”}

Phaedra bring her glass to her mouth to take a drink. Her eyebrow raises as she studies the man. “A Traveler under a pseudonym, that can be either a good or a bad thing.” She looks at Embre and smirks. She does seem the type to be able to defend herself if need to even a bit intoxicated. The alcohol is loosening her tongue a bit too. Perhaps for Embre it is liquid encouragement. “She is right John Smith is a bit to plain. Then again he too was a famous explorer, perhaps you too are looking for a place to settle down.”

She sets her glass at the table. She slowly rises. “If you excuse me, I will be right back.” It is perfect timing for her to give Embre and “John” a chance to talk. She knows Embre is interested in him, and she wants to give them some “alone” time. She begins to walk to the entry of the private room.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th September 2013, 8:19 pm

The man chuckles as Phaedra lets a couple of lines slip that almost cause Embre to facepalm.  Dude, you're killin' me, wingwoman!   "John" doesn't seem offended or bothered, however, as she stands up and promises to return.   He nods his head to excuse her presence before looking at Embrilyce.  Now she really feels sick to her stomach...but she's not shaking anymore, thanks to the alcohol.  Score.

As Phae walks away, Embre nods for Jax to follow her.  Thane will remain with her, she is sure.  The man is far less likely to listen to her than Jax is.  Happily, the man stands up and moves up to follow her while Thane remains seated nearby, not even budging as his eyes remain intent on the man before her.   He doesn't seem to like him much.

"So..."  Embre says, knowing that the conversation is up to her.  She silently wishes that this man were somehow made of metal.  "Why do you come here so much?  You never really talk to anyone; I figured you must be bored."

"Oh, I didn't realize you noticed me."  John replies smoothly.  He sits up straight in his chair, moving closer to the table and darkening the shadows upon his face further, what little remaining visible still expressionless as a doll.  "I frequent here because I enjoy the music, the feeling of...fun.  When people are at their best moods, it creates quite the appealing atmosphere.  And why do you frequent here, if I may inquire?"

"Well, I got friends here." Embre says, her head tilting towards the DJ specifically. "People I can trust. It's always relaxed here and people don't freak out just 'cause I'm the daughter of my father."

Jax moves up to Phaedra just before she leaves the upper level and smiles, holding out his hand to shake hers. "Before you left, I wanted to say that Embre has requested I protect you here while you are away. Would you like to dance, ma'am? I figure it's better if I look less like a bodyguard, at least for a bit."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th September 2013, 9:40 pm

{Attn: Jax}

Phaedra takes Jax's hand. “While I appreciate the protective gesture, I highly doubt that I would need it in this club.” She studies him for a brief moment. “However I never pass up a chance to dance with a handsome man. Give me a few moments and I will be right back. I was not exactly lying when I excused myself.”

Phaedra goes to use the restroom and find he move to outside the door. “So how long is this distraction supposed to last, one dance or two.” She winks at Jax as she leads him out on the dance floor. She hopes he isn't as stiff of a dancer as he is a body guard. Her body begins to bounce to the percussive beat. If only it was quieter, she would get to know the man behind Jax the bodyguard.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd September 2013, 11:30 pm

Jax begins to dance with Phaedra, first with a bit of stiffed attempt, but finally loosening up and relaxing as he begins to enjoy the dance more. In fact, his alert attentiveness to his surroundings seem much more lax as he smiles from the fun.

After a bit, he does get quite warm, taking off his over coat and setting it on the back of a nearby chair to reveal a long tattoo along his entire left arm--all black, abstract, and tribal. As the lights flashes over his form, the tattoo appears to have different colors for brief periods of time, but he pays no notice as the move to the next song.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 24th September 2013, 8:42 am

{Attn: Jax}

Just as Phaedra expected the man dances stiffly.  He is still alert and paying more attention to the surroundings.  Then his facade begins to crack.  Slowly he begins to relax.  He takes off his jacket, showing a well built body underneath.  On his left arm is a beautiful tattoo, unlike one she has seen.  It catches her eye as they dance.  The colors of the lights seem to dance along the markings.

Phaedra finds herself loosening up under his lead.  He twirls her out and brings her back in.  Her hand lands on his chest.  She can feel his muscles under his shirt.  “Wow”  She says a little breathless.  Her cheeks turning pink as an appreciative smile appears on her face.  She will have to come to this club again.

The song ends and she looks up at Jax.  “Do we need to get back or shall we give them one more dance?”  She doesn't want Embre to think she's abandoned her, but at the same time she loves being under Jax's 'spell'.  She looks into his eyes and waits for his response.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd October 2013, 10:29 pm

**Posting for Leah**

Jax takes Phaedra's hand and keeps her on the dance floor.  It is a slower tempo song, not slow enough to be considered a slow dance one.

Embre waits for the appropriate amount of time for Phaedra to return.  After what seems like forever she rises and goes to the glass wall overlooking the dance floor.  There she sees Phaedra and Jax together on the dance floor.  She stares at the back of Phaedra head desperate for her to look up.  Embre hates uncomfortable silences and it not much for small talk.  She can use Phaedra to help talk to John.

Jax spins Phaedra around and she just happens to catch Embre looking out at her.  “Looks like we stayed out too long.  You are a wonderful dancer Jax, thank you so much.”  She leads him back to the room.

“Sorry it took so long, I discovered that Jax is light on his feet, and I am a sucker for a dance.”  Phaedra announces upon returning.  “I hope you guys didn't miss me too much.”

John stands up as Phaedra returns.  “Not at all, Embrilyce and I had a wonderful conversation.  I thank you both for the company this evening, however it is getting late and I must bid you farewell.  Phaedra, congratulations on the promotion.  I hope to see both of you in the future.”

Phaedra nods at him stepping away from the door.  “Thank you for the drinks and company as well.  Good night John Smith.”  She waits for him to pass before going by Embre.  “So did the two of you hit it off?  You are so lucky, he is gorgeous.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 15th October 2013, 3:10 pm

"To be honest, I'm not sure." Embre replies shortly. "That was just so weird. Say, you wanna get outta here? All this noise has given me a headache. I suppose we should call it a night, get home, and pass out. I'm tired of the the two stalkers, here."

She points to the bodyguards as she heads out, herself, anxious to get back to their vehicle. She really is actually tired, surprisingly...she's not usually this exhausted. "So how did you like the club? Homesick, yet?"

As they head home, she looks out at the night, considering all of the different neon lights and bright illuminations of the walkways and roadways. This city really is so busy at night; she sometimes forgets how crazy Coldrion can be. Just as they are about to make it home, Embre blurts out a random question.

"Hey-you wanna meet my dad?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th October 2013, 3:58 pm

{Attn: Embre}

Phaedra follows Embre out. She should be more tired than she is. She stops herself from taking Embre's arms, settling for walking beside her as they go to the car. The air is cool and crisp with a promise of getting warmer.

Jax hold the door open for the ladies and Phaedra thanks him with a wink as she sits next to Embre. “I absolutely love the club. The places I usually go to are generally quieter, but who wants quiet when they are celebrating? I would love to show you the jazz club I play at. It is nothing professional, but I know the singer from college. She has me accompany here whenever I go there.”

Embre seems to be tired and looks out the window. Phaedra does the same. She loved Coldrion, it is the city that one can find adventure in no matter what. Just as she gets lost in her daydreams she hears Embre speak again. Her dad...“Who wouldn't want to meet your father?” She blurts out quickly before covering her mouth. “Sorry that sounded bad. I mean it would be an honor, but Embre I hope you don't think that I want to be friends with you because of what you are. I like you for who you are.” She leans back placing her arms behind her head raising her eyebrows at Embre. “So if you want to take me home to meet your dad after one date, I would be honored.” She laughs. “However I will have to see if I can fit it in my schedule too. I don't know if or where they will have me traveling too.”

The car stops at their building and they go into the elevator. “Remember I am only down the hall if you ever get bored. I love to have guests. If I am not home, it wasn't too far out of your way.” Phaedra thinks of her offer. She has been in the same room of high powered people, so she knows how to act. But that doesn't mean she does not get butterflies in her stomach. It is not like meeting her parents. She will have to ask about the protocols, but that is a later conversation.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 15th October 2013, 4:31 pm

"That sounds nice."  Embre says with a smile.  "I'd love to see a Jazz club--never been to one.  I'll still wanna dress casual, though...not sure how they would like that over there."

After Embre's random question,s he smiles at Phaedra's response.  It's quite humorous and not at all a surprise.  "Hey, you're cool.  I don't offer to many of my buddies, but I know you aren't hangin' out with me for him.  I mean, c'mon...I'm way more exciting than my dad is."

She laughs a little and nods at Phaedra's scheduling concerns.  "Yeah, I getcha.  Just lemme know when a good day would be for you and I'll set it up.  My dad always lets me visit whenever I want."

As they get to the elevator and are ready to split up, she smiles at Phaedra's offer.  It is nice to have someplace to go when she gets lonely.  Maybe she could even help her with communication issues with other people.  After all, the only people she ever really deals with frequently are her coworkers, and that's hardly a good basis for good, general conversation.

"Sounds good.  I'll stop by, sometime."  Embre says, "Thanks, Phae.  I hope you sleep good and stuff.  Lemme know when you wanna meet up with my dad and we'll have some fun with it."

With that, Embre heads to her own apartment with bodyguards in tow as she rubs t her eyes from tiredness.  She notices, however, that Jax stays behind to kiss Pheadra's hand before following.  What a sap...   She unlocks her door with a roll of her eyes as she makes a mocking gagging sound to Thane, who rolls his eyes in response to her behavior.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th October 2013, 7:15 pm

{Attn: Embre}

“Oh don't worry there is no dress code really. I think you will like it. Besides you are with me, and I have some liberties.” Phaedra nods. “Well I can't say I know you father, but most of the time people in charge are well tense.

They pause outside the elevator. Phaedra is just starting to get tired. They weren't out too late, but it is a work night. “Good night Embre, I had fun thank you for the invite.” She is pleasantly surprised when Jax stayed behind. He kisses her hand and she gives him a chaste kiss on the cheek. “Thank you for the dance.”

She enters her apartment and throws her purse in its place. She starts for her bedroom, slipping off her jewelry. She stands in front of the windows and looks out on the night skyline of Coldrion. She really did have a good night. She wonders if Embre would feel awkward if she did see Jax in her free time. Embre is such a nice person too. Wild and crazy yet at the same time quiet and reserved. They are going to have fun together.

She changes into a night shirt and lies in her bed. This has to be one of the best days, and the adventure is just beginning. For once she cannot wait to get to work tomorrow.

The next thing Phaedra remembers is the alarm going off. It seems like she just put her head down. She lifts herself out of bed and drags herself to the shower. Today is the first day at her new position. She dresses in a nice white shirt with black stripes and a v-neck neckline. It is paired with a black pencil skirt that touches her knees. Around her neck she wears an onyx necklace. She is so excited and nervous at the same time.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum