Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Coldrion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Coldrion - Page 3 Empty City: Coldrion

Post by JerriLeah7 30th June 2013, 8:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

City:  Coldrion - Page 3 Aaj24g

City Name:  Coldrion (Kole - dree - on)
Country/Territory: Moultania
Government Style:  Elected Dictatorship
Population:  12,006 Registered Residents
Tech Level:  Advanced --  high Reliance on Ether Technology
Trade:  Military Technology Development & Manufacture, Metals, Stone, Minerals, Ether

Coldrion was once a mining outpost long in its history until the discovery of Chordium, after which, it quickly became pivotal in dealing with Force Users and it quickly developed into new circles of technology due to the abundant surplus of income from this rarer mineral.  Coldrion is known as the "City of Abundant Layers."  It also sports some of the highest Ether pollution, due to its massive reliance on Ether technology.  

The most advanced anti-Force User technology springs from this City and it is also the home of the FUIC (pronounced as Fwick), or the Force User Imprisonment Center.  It has the maximum capacity of around one thousand inmates, however this capacity has never been tested as most long term inmates succumb to Chordium poisoning.  Every day Force User criminals are not sent to FUIC, only those convicted of felonies, murder, or other such severe crimes are permanently incarcerated in FUIC after a trial.  Many Force Criminals are temporarily detained within local jails and holding cells, without the use Chordium.  FUIC's only other purpose that has been known to the public has been for interrogations of ELFs or ELF couriers.  

Coldrion's city life is not very glamorous or showy, like many other Cities and towns may be.  This city has over two-thirds of its available land space dedicated to business and industry.  The rest is a conglomeration devoted to roads, highways, and residential areas that are generally apartments and other such smaller confinements.  Owning a personal home in this City is exceedingly rare and expensive.  This city also has one of the highest levels of security, both within and around the city.  There are many checkpoints and routine Ether sweeps in various locations and buildings and random checkpoints fluctuate daily, making them quite sporadic and unpredictable.  As such, Coldrion sports perhaps the fewest unregistered/illegal Force Users of any city and it is proud of it.

Typically, those Force Users that are found unregistered are sentenced to "public service and sanitation" work, where they are often forced into what would account in modern culture as slave-labor.  Though, once their period of probation has ended, they are released immediately and the sentence usually lasts anywhere from three to nine months.  Before the probationary period, however, they are forced through the registration process under strict supervision and their abilities are intensely tested and scrutinized for recorded information, the "public service" generally paying the cost of the testing that is done to register them.  They are also housed and fed during the "public service" work, as well, rather than paid.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Coldrion - Page 3 Empty Re: City: Coldrion

Post by xenolion 20th October 2013, 6:03 pm

**Got permission to double post.**

Phaedra eats and finishes getting ready for work. As she locks her door, she runs into Phillip again. "Looking good Phaedra."

Phaedra laughs. "Thank you, I am just dressing for my new position. I got a promotion at work."

"Congrats, well have a good day." Phillip parts ways.

She gets onto the bus and looks around for Embre. There is no sign of her, she wonders if Embre is feeling alright. She finds an empty seat, thank the gods, and rides to work.

She stands outside the building and takes a deep breath before going in. She goes up the elevator and fills a cup of coffee before settling in. She knows there will be some differences, but it is not like they will have to train someone from the ground up. She sits back and waits for training to begin.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th November 2013, 6:42 pm

[ATTN: Phaedra]

As Phaedra waited to begin her training, a frumpy looking man enters in a decent suit, the District 4 Supply Manager. He nods his head in greeting and places his hand on her shoulder.

"Welcome to the management team, Ms. Valincourt." He greets, "Before we begin our training, I would like to inform you of a project that I started when I was in head of District 3. I think it will be a perfect opportunity to pad out your commission for a first job. We'll go to the office and discuss it, if that is alright with you."

He leads her into her office and allows her to take a seat behind her new desk as he takes the one in front of her. "Let us get down to business, shall we?"

"We have long been trying to open new markets and we believe now is a great time to once again approach Xan'Tartica--more correctly, the center of the Makarist Church. What do you think?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th November 2013, 7:15 pm

{Attn: Oscar}

“Good morning Oscar, please call me Phaedra.  I would love to hear any ideas to make my job easier.”  Phaedra quickly gathers her coffee and other items and follows him to her office.  Her office  She takes a seat in her chair and sets down her cup.  Oscar sits down and gets right to business.  “It sounds like a big job.  Do you think I am ready to handle something like that?  Here I was thinking I was promoted because I am not a force user.”  She takes a drink from her mug.  “It would be an honor to approach the Makarist Church.  I am already trained on the products.  Tell me what their needs are and I can get a proposal started.”  Phaedra hopes she doesn't appear too eager.  Maybe she is, but she cannot help it for once she is able to give back.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th November 2013, 10:36 pm

[ATTN: Phaedra]

Oscar smirks. "That's the thing--they aren't buying from us. You are going to donate many of our products to the Makarist Church, and while you are there, maybe even set up a normal contract."

"This mission, though, is really about fostering good will between our company and the Church establishment in Xan'Tartica. Do you understand?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th November 2013, 6:33 am

{Attn: Oscar}

"So it is a goodwill visit."  Phaedra takes her coffee cup and looks at it.  She thinks for a moment.  "How long ago since the last attempt?"  The information she knows about Xan'Tartica races in her head.  It is closer to the reservations and from what she knows the earlier force users followed the Maker.  She is not a Makarist, being more agnostic, but she holds nothing against them.  "I will do it.  Just give me the details of the trip, and what I need to do to prepare."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th December 2013, 7:27 pm

This role-play is now closed due to the following reasons:

1. MethosArchaic no longer has time to assist as RPM.
2. Several members have voiced an opinion of keeping it private within a smaller group, defeating the purpose of this RP.
3. Inactivity; inability to get a response from inactive members.
4. Christmas Holidays require the use of the RPG stylesheet, which is currently being used by this role-play.
5. Several inactive members have implied or stated that they will not return in the near future.

This role-play may come back as a smaller role-play. No further massive role-plays will be run by Leah7 on this forum ever again. There is not enough people that are willing to work together outside of their normal, small cliques to make this kind of role-play work--especially for one of this scale. As such, never expect to see this style of role-play again, but you may see this setting again, if you are invited.

==> Moved to Role-Play Archives
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3