Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of Guardians

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 3 Empty Legend of Guardians

Post by xenolion 16th August 2015, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Elven King looks at the reports that were placed before him. It is time. Time for the pilgrimage to begin. “Do we have any qualified summoners ready to go?” He asks his counsel.

“There is one in the Arabitylar family. A young woman, she is a mage as well.” The counsel answers.

“Perfect, send a message to the family and also to the human King. I know one of his sons is a mage. He will make a good protector. I cannot believe it already has been a thousand years. We will spread the word to the other nations later. I don’t want our summoner to be alone with the other guardians.” The King sighs. “I only wish there was a different way of doing this.”

~~~~~~

Caladhiel finishes up on the young patient. “Next time us some caution while exploring. It could have been a lot worse than a broken leg.”

“Cala, Cala…” A young girl’s shout is heard. Caladhiel knows immediately who it is. Only one person calls her that. The curtain is pulled open. “Atara nyare amin utu- lle. ta naa horme.*” The young girl pants and switches to common. “There is a royal summons for you.”

Caladhiel gasps, “A royal summon for me? I will be right there.” She looks at the doctor for his dismissal and takes off her labcoat. “Thank you for fetching me Kujara, shall we race home?” The grin on Kujara’s face is wide as she takes off to the house. Caladhiel waits for a few moments to give her sister a head start. She breaks into a sprint.

She lets Kujara touch the door first as she smooths her outfit. Not only is her family a mage family. It is a summoner one as well. It is rare to have a summoner who is both. They had royal visits before but mostly they deal with her parents not with her. She makes sure she is presentable before walking in.

A man in royal robes is sitting by the fireplace enjoying tea with her parents. They all look up as Caladhiel enters the room. “Milday, it is good to see you. I am glad you came quickly. I have a letter here from the king. He wants you to get ready for you pilgrimage. Yours will not be the normal one though. He needs you for a special one. With your parents’ permission of course.” He looks over at the couple seated together.

“But of course, we pledge our services for His Majesty, and that of our daughter.” The Father states.

“Don’t worry about packing too much. His Majesty will provide you with the necessities.” The man states. “However if there is anything personal you need, I will help you pack that. I recommend packing lightly, this is going to be a long trip. Primarily on foot as well.”

Caladhiel bows and goes to her room. She packs her flute, her toiletries, and her crossbow. She cannot help, but be a little nervous. She remember the bedtime stories of pilgrimages that all elves have heard. She wonders who her protectors will be.

*Mother told me to find you. It is urgent.

Meanwhile, have the world away a message is received by the human royalty. They give it to King Frederick immediately upon arrival. He nods at his messenger. “So it begins. Get the Royal carriage set up with plenty of provisions. My son is going to the Elven Castle. Oh and someone fetch Kelani for me as well.”

Kelani is at the mage practice grounds. He is working on picking up his instructor. It is not going so well. “I know you can do this Prince, you have been practicing so hard. Just a little bit higher. I can almost reach the apple.”

“It would have been simpler to bring the apple to you.” Kelani retorts as beads of sweat glisten on his forehead. The door burst open and a guard enters. Kelani loses his concentration as he looks at the guard. The instructor falls on her butt.

“This better be important, can’t you see I am in the middle of a lesson.” The instructor glares at the guard.

“Sir, the King told me to come get you. It is important.” The guard bows.

Kelani shrugs at the instructor. “What can I say, I am a popular one today.” He turns to leave the room but pauses at the door. Only using his mind, he takes the apple from the branch and sets it in the instructor’s hands. “Enjoy.”

Kelani rushes back to the castle, making a stop at his room to dress appropriately. He is told that his father is waiting in the study. “Father, you wanted to see me?”

“Good, good you are here. I got a message from the Elven nation. They have requested you to be a protector for their summoner. I am readying a carriage and your bags as well. You will be protected on your trip to pick up the Summoner, and to bring her back here. I am so proud that you were selected for this pilgrimage. Now go quickly and may your travels be safe.” King Frederick hugs his son.

Kelani is excited, finally something to do. He loves being a Prince, but since he is not heir to the throne, life is a little boring. He goes to his room and makes sure the servants are packing the right things.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Legend of Guardians - Page 3 Empty Re: Legend of Guardians

Post by xenolion 8th October 2015, 3:46 pm

Kelani can see that Majet is a bit irritated. “I do thank you so much for answering my questions. Your secret is safe with me. If anyone asks I will tell them you are pureblood.”

“You secret is safe with me as well. I guess I can understand your discomfort. My family’s bloodline is protected at all costs. Being both a Magician and a Summoner, I am scrutinized even more than my siblings. As a magician, I have to marry another magician. It is also expected for me to have at least one child to pass on the Summoner ability. Most Elven families only have 2 children, but magicians are exempted. Knowing my parents they will have potential suitors waiting for me to choose from. I only hope some of them are decent.” Caladhiel takes out her pan flute. “If it wasn’t for this journey that would be happening now.”

“So you won’t be able to pick your mate either?” Kelani asks Caladhiel, giving Majet a break.

“Well yes and no.” Caladhiel answers. “Since Elves live for a long time and are for the most part monogamous, we take longer to court. They will have some guys to select from as well, not just one. I will be able to pick, but it will be narrowed down as well.”

“I will have a bit more freedom as well, since I am not heir to the throne. However, I will have to marry another with magic abilities as well. I know it will also be expected to marry someone of noble blood as well.” Kelani shares. “Since I asked a lot of questions about you, are there any you have of me, Majet?”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th October 2015, 10:49 am

Majet ponders for a bit at the offer of free inquiries, wondering what she would like to ask most. She knows that Syren is listening, and Darrin probably is, too. They have excellent hearing, far more improved than what she has, so it wouldn't surprise her that they probably hear most anything.

"What is it like to be a Prince?" Majet finally asks.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th October 2015, 3:04 pm

Kelani thinks for a moment. “Being a prince is interesting. I am not heir to the throne, so I don’t have all the duties as my brother. I do love visiting other nations though. The beings of this world are very interesting. Yes I do enjoy the finer things than ordinary people may. We have servants to take care of our needs, but I was taught to take care of myself too. I did go camping with the servants as well. It is not all fun and games though. I have to be really careful how I act around others. Any mistakes I make are overdramatized. My life is not private either. I enjoy it overall though.”

Caladhiel listens intently. She can only imagine how it would be to be an Elvan Princess. She would love all the pretty jewelry and the clothes they wear as well. “Since you are not heir, what kind of responsibilities do you have?”

“I act as a diplomat for my father. I sometimes travel to countries when he is unable or unwilling.” Kelani explains. “If the situation is of great importance, he will be there. Minor events I will go instead.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 15th October 2015, 5:05 pm

Majet listens quietly and patiently as the two talk about the duties as a Human Prince and what not. Although it all sounds so stressful, it also sounds somewhat exciting, compared to the life that she has had. Her parents are just another two people in the tribe--she doesn't even know who her father really is.

Her mother is just a peasant and Majet is just a scout. She works with the Drow and other Spriggan scouts all of the time. That's really all there is to it and that's all that there ever has been to her life. She's never really had any other responsibilities than those.

She can smell meat cooking after a while. It smells amazing. It pulls her mind away from the conversation instantly as her mouth waters and her stomach's rumbling is brought into full focus.

"I'm famished," Majet says, going off topic.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th October 2015, 7:35 pm

Kelani chuckles as Majet’s attention is turned toward the food. “Why don’t we go see if it is ready? Darrien may need help after all.” He has no idea what to do, but figures he can help if given instructions.

Caladhiel stands and goes over to Darrien. “It was rude of us not to offer assistance. Is there anything you need help with? Lady Syrendross, please come get some food too.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th October 2015, 2:58 pm

Darrin is amused at the Summoner's words, but he does not say anything. Elves have the strangest sense of what one would consider to be "rude." He expected it, but it was still amusing, nonetheless. When she asks for Syren to come get food, he almost cringes, however. Majet saves the day, however.

Majet says, "It will be Darrin's honor to serve the Lady in her tent."

"Yes," Darrin adds immediately after, "I shall serve the ladies, first."

With that, he sets about placing the meat on several, metallic plates that he had brought, along with skewered vegetables and potatoes that he had cooked to go with it. He was quick to hand some to the Summoner first, before heading off to Syren's tent to deliver hers. He disappears inside as Majet begins to prepare a plate for herself and the Prince.

Having a plate for herself prepped, she then hands another prepped plate to the Prince with a half smile. She's not used to smiling. The water from the stream will do.

"After this, I could do for a bath." Majet says, looking out towards the stream.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th October 2015, 4:02 pm

Caladhiel simply shakes her head. She looks askance at the tent. If anyone should be demanding to be served it is the prince, and he is right here. She wonders if there was a reason why Syrendross is isolating herself. It is awfully suspicious. They are supposed to be a team and work together. Is she safe with a Drow on her team?

“Thank you, but you don’t have to serve me Lady Majet.” Kelani smirks. “I am not a prince on this trip, simply a protector for the Summoner. The water here should be warm enough for you to bath in. We are still within the tropical air. And seeing that it is a stream, there should be nothing that will harm you. Now if we were near the ocean, I would have you take some precautions."

Caladhiel looks over to the lake finding a place to sit down. The thought of bathing in a lake out in the open is unappealing at best. Don’t fish and other creatures live in there as well as defecate. She looks down at her plate. She will get through this. It is only one night. Tomorrow they will be staying at the temple

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd October 2015, 4:08 pm

Majet laughs, a grin on her face as she shakes her head. "I am not serving you as a Prince, milod, but as a traveling companion. No offense intended to your title, of course, but I must serve all who I can on this journey. It's common courtesy."

With that, she begins to eat. She knows well enough to know that if another Spriggan were here she would be far less kind and helpful than what she is being now. Courtesy or not, most Spriggan despise humans. They find them inferior and too feeling.

"This tastes good, Darrin." Majet says as the servant comes out to get a plate of his own. Darrin mumbles a thank you to her before grabbing his own plate and she continues to chow down.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 24th October 2015, 10:41 am

Kelani smiles at Majet. “I did not wish to offend. I thank you for your kindness from one traveler to another.” He takes the plate from Majet. “Wow this is really good, thank you Darrin and Lady Caladhiel for providing the food.”

Caladhiel nods at Darrin. “I must admit, I was skeptical at first about having an extra person along. But you are a good addition to our team. I don’t know if you will be able to be with us during the trials. It is nice to have you along for the rest of the journey.”

Kelani nods in approval. He was worried about the tension between the drow and the elf. They seem to be at least attempting to hold in their hostilities. Lady Syrendross is removing herself from the situation, and Darrin is proving to be an asset. His gaze returns to Majet. In a way he is thankful for her background. Spriggans don’t show emotions. For this trip one may need to have some feelings for the rest of the team in order to protect them from danger.

He stands up. “Allow me to take your empty plates. I will clean them while you ladies clean yourself up.”

“That is so nice of you Sir Kelani. I need to clean up.” Caladhiel hands her plate to Kelani and goes to her bag. She digs out her toiletries. The soap is handmade and smells like the edelweiss flowers that flourish in the mountains. After gathering her items, she heads to the stream.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 24th October 2015, 11:20 pm

With a mumbled and appreciative thanks, Majet stands, as well, and moves to her own things to find her bathing sponge and soaps. Darrin leaves into Syren's tent and then leaves almost immediately after with her plate, ready to clean up after the mistress. Majet sees that he already has a pail of water ready to wash the dishes and cooking utensils. He's always a fast thinker and he seems, so far, to be always prepared.

Majet has some clean clothes pulled out of her pack as she watches the servant begin to scrub at the dishes with his back turned towards the stream so as not to look and discover anything inappropriate. She is about to pass him while he is scrubbing when she notices a mark on his arm, just barely sticking out from his sleeve.

It's blue. A bright blue. And it look quite familiar. She looks at him, bending down before him and bringing up his chin, so as to force him to look into her eyes. He looks uncomfortable with this, and she isn't surprised. Technically, he's not allowed to look at her face or meet her eyes, as she is considered, by rank, his superior.

At the moment, however, Majet doesn't care. She has to break some rules. She whispers to him with a stern commanding voice, "Is that what I think it is?"

Darrin hesitates and is almost ready to reply when Syren steps out. The servant jerks his head down and his eyes return to the dishes that he is scrubbing at immediately and Syren looks at Majet with narrowed eyes. Welp. She's gonna get in trouble, later. And of course, Darrin is lucky in this case.

If it had been any other Drow Mistress, they would have punished him right there on the spot, regardless of the fact that the rule breach was entirely Majet's doing. They wouldn't even care about that. However, Syren is a Drow of a different breed, some would say. At least towards her own servants.

Majet stands up again with her clothes and bathing supplies in her hand when she realizes that Syren is holding somewhat the same sort of things. She also has a black towel made of a fine material that would make Majet's day just to feel for a moment. She smiles for a brief moment at the Drow with a hint of nervousness before she heads off to the stream.

"We'll try not to take too long, Prince Kelani," Majet says as she walks off with Syren in tow, "Please keep the fire going for us."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th October 2015, 2:44 pm

Kelani nods. “I will make sure the fire is nice and warm for all of you.”

Caladhiel was not close but saw Majet pausing by Darrin. She feels somewhat protective of him, so she watches the interaction. No harm was done, but it appears that Darrin has something that caught Majet’s attention. She is the first to the stream and sets her stuff at the side. She strips down to her underclothes as she walks into the water with her soaps. She removes them as she is covered by the water.

She waits until Majet is in the water before going over by her. “What did Darrin have that interested you?” She whispers. She is curious about the drows and if Majet doesn’t tell her, she will ask Darrin later.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 26th October 2015, 9:50 pm

Majet gets into the water and begins to wash herself almost immediately. It doesn't take long for the Summoner to ask about what happened a few moments ago....Elves and Drow never miss anything, unfortunately. She looks up nervously in Syren's direction. The Drow will be coming over, soon, so if she says anything, it's got to be now.

After all, the Drow have excellent hearing, annoyingly enough. Still, it's a bit of a problem. On one hand, the only way she'll gain this woman's trust is to be honest. They want the same thing, no doubt. It's important. However, if she says something out of turn or reveals too much that shouldn't be...and it's not even her business, really...how will the two Drow handle the situation?

At the end of the day, she can' even trust Syren, anymore. The woman has acted entirely differently--far more patient and kind than usual. She hates elves. She hates peace. So what is she up to and why is she so different? And when Majet gets caught up in the mess that Syren causes--who's side will she be on?

Majet whispers quickly, "A tattoo--ownership tattoo. All slaves have them. Exce--except I'm pretty sure that tattoo isn't Syren's family. I think it's--"

Syren begins to move more closely as the two girls are washing themselves and they'll look damned suspicious if they don't already. She pulls away a bit and clears her throat, but she continues whispering as if she'd never stopped talking.

"I just don't understand why you need such soap smells. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but...is it really worth the trouble?" Majet asks in her hushed voice.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 27th October 2015, 4:35 pm

Caladhiel is not happy. It appears that Majet is either intimidated by Syrendross or does not trust her. It leave a bad pit in her stomach. She understands that the slaves have an ownership tattoo, but if it is not from Syrendross’ family who does Darrin belong to and is she being too open to him? She senses Majet’s change of subject as Syrendross approaches. “Well we want to smell nice. This is the smell of the edelweiss flowers that grow in the mountains. It also removes all the other disgusting odors as well.” She finishes up cleaning off herself. She stops herself from glaring at Syrendross wondering what secrets the woman is keeping. At least tomorrow she knows they will have the temple as a buffer.

Kelani keeps his back at the stream. “Do you need any assistance Darrin? I know you are a Drow servant, but like me, on this trip we are not necessarily bound by the laws of our nations. Actually it will do me good to see how a real traveler lives.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 28th October 2015, 10:28 am

Majet shrugs, not really convinced of the purpose of the flowery scent. She moves to wash herself, looking over at Syren as she gazes at the Summoner with, for the first time, an expressive face. She looks condescending as she speaks for the first time in a while.

Syren says, "No pretty soap will wash away your filth. You're wasting your time."

Majet was washing her feet, but she jolts up to a full stand as the Drow begins to wash herself with her gaze keeping on the Summoner as she does so in order to see her reaction.

Majet is about to say something, but she freezes. She can't talk, now. As much as she would defend the Summoner, she suddenly realizes what it is, exactly, that Syren is looking for. She recalls the woman saying something similar to her in the past, during their early scouting. She cringes on the inside, looking at the Summoner, as well, to see her response.

Darrin smiles, "You may assist me whenever you wish. We are equals, which is why I will meet yours and the lady Caladhiel in a gaze and not the others. Should you ever speak to me, assist me in any way...it will not ever offend Syren. You needn't worry about that. Only Majet has to keep on her toes about me."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 28th October 2015, 4:40 pm

Caladhiel pauses when Syrendross speaks with her. Her eyes narrow slightly. “It is about time your true colors came through. I know full well of the tensions between our people. Regardless, we have to work one another. That is as far as it will go though. I will keep my comments to myself and I would appreciate it if you will reciprocate.” She bites her tongue to keep herself from adding any other remarks. She turns to continue her way back to shore.

Kelani pauses from helping Darrin to stroke his chin. “Lady Syrendross I understand, you are her servant after all. However why isn’t Lady Majet your equal? Why does she need to 'keep her toes' as you put it? She is not Drow. Are she and Lady Syrendross acquainted somehow?”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 30th October 2015, 3:16 pm

Majet sighs as the Summoner walks away, shaking her head and then looking over at Syren's face to see a smirk. Majet almost wants to smile with her, but she pushes it down. Part of her enjoyed the Summoner's response, as well, but that was the Spriggan in her. Though she enjoyed the negative conflict from her blood, the human side of her immediately felt guilt from the joy.

Majet asks, "Did you get what you were looking for?"

"Not yet, but I will."

Majet frowns partly and then continues to wash herself and Syren follows suit, using her own soaps and such. She is quite tired already, it would seem. Mostly from the tension of being around the others. If it were just her and Syren again...things would be nice.

Darrin says, "Lady Syrendross owns me, but Majet is still my superior in rank. She is a scout, just as my Mistress is. They work together and have done so for many years. Majet has earned Syren's trust and respect, and if Syren respects another, they become my superior."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 30th October 2015, 5:23 pm

Kelani scratches his chin. “That is interesting. Thank you for that information, it is nice to have some members that are acquainted with one another.” Although he cannot help but worry about the summoner. He wonders if Majet’s curiosity earlier was of her own doing, or if she was getting information for Lady Syrendross. He hears someone approach, but does not turn. “Did you enjoy your bath?”

“It was lovely despite it being in a stream. I cannot wait until we reach the temple tomorrow.” Caladhiel answers. “The others should be back shortly. Thank you for keeping the fire for us.”

She repacks her toiletries and finds her pan flute. She does need to get her mind off of things. She brings it up to her lips and begins to play.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd November 2015, 2:16 pm

Darrin listens to the Summoner play a beautiful tune, watching the fire flicker before him with warmth and welcome. The Prince seems entertained, as well, but it is some time before Lady Syrendross returns from her bath and places her supplies in her tent.

Darrin looks over at her feet, careful not to look to high. He watches her hand draw a signal in the air, to which he nods his head in confirmation. Then, the Mistress takes her leave of the camp, walking off into the darkness. He knows she will be alright, but he does hope that Majet is faring well with her own bathing pursuits. Either way, he doubts there is any trouble...it would take a lot for her to drown in a stream, of all things.

Darrin simply sits at the fire some more, enjoying the warmth and the music. Majet has yet to return to the fire, but he can hear her from behind him, moving away from the stream and playing in the water, probably with either her hands or feet. He can't be sure which.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd November 2015, 3:38 pm

Kelani smile upon hearing Caladhiel play. It is a beautiful melody that enhances the area. He too sees Syrendross return and head back out without saying a word. He has to admit, he was worried about her and the Summoner. There is tension, but neither have acted out anything. The song stops and he looks up at Caladhiel. “That was beautiful. Please play some more.” He looks over a Darrin. “How long should we wait for Majet to return before getting concerned. I thought it would be Lady Caladhiel who would have taken longer.”

Caladhiel doesn’t hear Kelani’s remarks, but starts another song. This one is a little more melancholy than the first, but is just as beautiful.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th November 2015, 4:25 pm

Darrin simply shakes his head with uncertainty, "Majet would signal if something were wrong."

He quiets down as the Summoner begins to play again. He has little to say as he enjoys the music, as music is something that he does not have the privilege of enjoying down in the Underdark. After a while, he can hear his mistress moving around in the distance. She is keeping watch, moving about the camp and scouting. It is her usual habit and he will be joining her shortly, to be sure.

After another few mintues have passed, Darrin watches as Majet finally returns, placing her clothes out to dry from being washed in the stream as the music entertains her evening. She is quick to place away her supplies once more before she crawls into her bedroll next to the fire and readies herself to sleep.

The woman seems to have as little to say as Lady Syrendross does. Perhaps that is why the two travel together so effectively. He wonders if he should tell Syren of what she has learned tonight. Of course, he should. He will.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th November 2015, 7:09 pm

Kelani is happy when Majet returns. She goes immediately to her bedroll. “I think she has the right idea. I am getting tired as well. Good night Darrin and Lady Caladhiel.”

Caladhiel stops playing when Majet returns. She doesn’t wish to bother their sleep. She goes close to the fire and takes out her book. At least she will be able to write in this light. She makes sure her bow is close just in case. She opens her book and begins to write.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 6th November 2015, 3:43 pm

Lady Syrendross is off scouting and the Prince and Majet are both asleep, so this leaves only Darin as the Summoner begins to read. Simply sitting there at the fire, he ponders what he will do and for how long the night will last to him, now that he has so little to do. He'd love to return to his mistress' side, but he cannot...he has been forbidden to leave the Summoner's side in most cases.

As he does not wish to interrupt her reading, he says nothing and instead lays down to look up at the stars from the corner of his eyes away from the fire's glow. He wishes he could fly, most night, but at least tomorrow, there will be the temple. Although he won't be relevant to the actual processes of the temple, itself, he knows there will be warm beds and that is more than enough to make him happy to be there, for now.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th November 2015, 4:38 pm

Caladhiel feels Darrin’s presence. She wonders why he is not with his master. She knows that the drow is on patrol. She does not know why she is so angry at Syrendross. She finishes her entry and looks over at the fire. “What does the mark on your arm mean?” She asks quietly.

Darrin looks up hesitantly, waiting several seconds before he replies, "I am not allowed to answer this inquiry. That is a question better reserved for my mistress."

Caladhiel suppresses the urge to roll her eyes. “Do you really think she is going to tell me? I know how much she does not like me. Fine maybe another question. Who really owns you?”

He replies instantly, "I belong to the Queen."

Caladhiel is a surprised in a pleasant way. “So the Drow Queen allowed Syrendross to borrow you for this journey.” She folds her long legs and sighs. The Human King sent his son, the queen sent her servant. She does not know if Majet has any ties with Spriggan royalty. Were they picked to be spies, or to ensure their safety?

She looks over at Darrin. “So ultimately your orders are from the Queen. Why were you sent on this journey?”

"No, my orders are from Lady Syrendross." Darrin says, "My only command from the Queen was to become her slave for the journey and to treat her as my mistress."

“I understand, thank you for the conversation. I need to move around a little bit. I am not used to sitting on the ground so much.” Caladhiel stands up and walks around the fire a little bit. “When do you think Lady Syrendross will be back?”

"In the morning, unless she is summoned." He says.

“I see well that is good.” Caladhiel has to admit she is a little restless. It is too quiet out here. If she was at home they would be together at the fire playing their instruments or telling stories. She can’t do that here because others are sleeping and she does not want to disturb them. She wishes the sun to rise so they can be on their way to the temple.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2015, 4:58 pm

A night passes and the day greets them at dawn with the same hello as always, with a colorful shine and the bird's morning introductions. Darrin is already packed and ready to go, with his Mistress' tent packed and the dishes already cleaned.

He moves over to Majet and gently shakes her awake. The Spriggan looks alarmed at first, sitting up with a swift movement of alarm, but after Darrin's polite apology as he bows at her feet, she smiles and speaks softly to him of forgiveness.

And so Majet, too, gets up and readies herself for the next day, putting away her bedroll and stretching out widely with a big yawn. The day will be a long one, perhaps....or maybe, a better one. Doubtful, considering Syren's behavior last night.

She looks about and, sure enough, Syren is nearby, ready to travel. The woman is just standing there, looking about with boredom. She seems entirely uninterested in the rest of the group, but Majet approaches her, anyway. The woman never ate breakfast, so she didn't bother to ask about that.

"Would you like me to lead today?" Majet asks.

Syren replies, "Yes. Fine."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th November 2015, 3:42 pm

Kelani wakes up as well. He is stiff from sleeping on the ground. He moves around and stretches his back. “Well it was not as bad as I thought. Tonight we will be sleeping in beds again.” He quickly cleans up and packs his gear. He hopes the tension is gone for at least a little while.

Caladhiel is thankful to see the sunrise. She will have a buffer between herself and Syrendross. Of course she returns as sullen as ever. She wonders if the whole trip will be like this. She hates not being able to trust the others. “How are you feeling Kelani? If you are sore, I can help with that.”

“Oh don’t worry about me. It is nothing that can’t be worked out.” Kelani chuckles. “I just have to get used to camping out. I just hope that all our nights are as quiet.”

Caladhiel smiles. “If everyone is ready we should be moving then.” She goes up to Majet. She wants to test the waters with her. “So how was your rest? I hope it was nice. It was a bit quiet for me. I am glad I brought my journal along. Maybe the temple will have a book I can borrow for our next leg.”

Kelani falls into place behind the girls. “If we stick to the path we should reach the temple right around lunch time. It does have a library for you to select books from as well. They will have a room for you Lady Caladhiel, and a dormitory set up for the rest of us. It will be divided by gender. I have not spent the night there, so I don’t know how the accommodations are beyond that. Anything is better than the ground though.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top