Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hexagon: Survival Game

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hexagon: Survival Game Empty Hexagon: Survival Game

Post by Ink 13th November 2011, 4:46 pm

Ray awakens in a room all by himself. He looks straight ahead at a bright blue light. "Where the heck is this?" He says, sitting up. "Oh man, am I...ah, I'm dead! I can't believe this! Two-Timing Machine!"

Suddenly a loud mechanical sound echoes through the room, as well as all of the rooms, even the collective handicaps containment room. "Players, you are now a part of the Hexagon survival games. Standby for a Hexagon drone. The drones will provide you with Decascanners and instructions," says a deep robotic voice.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Hexagon: Survival Game Empty Re: Hexagon: Survival Game

Post by EphPhoenix 16th November 2011, 4:04 pm

[Attn: Open]

Azrael had just finished his morning routine when that worthless computer came on to inform them that it was time for another battle. He got his clothes on swiftly and prepared himself mentally. He had no idea how long he'd been here since they'd finally managed to capture him.

He grimaced. Before, he had hunted and killed those that worked for the computer, but now he'd have to kill those who were just forced slaves. How long before he'd have his chance to take out the machine?

Last edited by Knight Shadow on 17th November 2011, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th November 2011, 9:41 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Gospel sat in the Handicap Containment room, waiting silently for the games to begin. Another trial for her to endure. Just a trial. As long as she thought of it that way, she was calm, but the moment she thought of the killing...

Gospel took a shuddering breath. She only had to survive. She had done it twice before, she could do it again. She couldn't afford to think of the victims who hadn't been so lucky.

The computer spoke now, announcing the beginning of the Hexagon Survival Games. She closed her eyes, relishing the peace for as long as she could. Not much longer, now.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th November 2011, 5:14 am

[Attn: Azrael, Open]

The drones drop down into the Player rooms, arming every player with a Decascanner. It then charges them and backs away. "The Hexagon Survival Games will now begin. Players go now to locate your Handicaps. You have five minutes to find the one directly linked to your Decascanner then form a Pact. Failure will result in immediate elimination and disintegration."

"Oh, happy day," Ray says with spite in his voice, rushing off as a hole opens in his wall for him to run through. However he suddenly drops through an opening in the floor, hollering down the slide until he's reached the Handicap Containment Room. He then gets up and sees the ocean of Handicaps before him. "Wha- I have to find ONE PERSON in all this within 5 minutes?!" He then growls and runs into the crowd, his Decascanner beeping more rapidly the closer he gets.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th November 2011, 7:47 am

[Attn: Gospel]

Dropping down the hole in the floor, Azrael quickly moved around to find this "partner" he was supposed to have. He moved swiftly, following as the beeping sped up. Finally, it hit its fever pitch in front of a girl who looked as delicate as a China doll.

"I guess you're my partner, then?" he said with a raised eyebrow. She looked like if she was even touched she'd break.

Time was running short, so he quickly swiped his watch against her bracelet. The match confirmed, it pulled up specs on her.

"So, your name is Gospel," he said with a friendly demeanor, "I hope for both our sakes you're Battle Hymn of the Republic."

Last edited by Knight Shadow on 17th November 2011, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 17th November 2011, 3:53 pm

[ATTN: Azrael]

Gospel had stood as she saw another man approach. He seemed dark, almost forbidding, and Gospel almost instinctively flinched back as he came up to her and started talking. "Partners indeed," she said as they quickly formed the pact. She looked up into his face, seeing the eyes of a man who had seen many battles. Her decascanner only confirmed what she had already guessed.

I'm not sure whether that's a blessing or a curse.

Still, he managed a small laugh out of her as he addressed her name. "No, I wouldn't say that," she said, giving a small, rare smile. "Not nearly so dramatic, at least." She didn't want to try to get too attached, though, so she forced herself to calm down. "And you are Azrael, then?" she asked hesitantly. The decascanner listed off another name as well - she wasn't sure which one was really his.

Last edited by Constanza Romero on 17th November 2011, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th November 2011, 4:38 pm

Ray finally finds that the watches is beeping fastest when pointed at a girl who was standing alone against the wall with her hands behind her head. He then rushes over to her. Thirty seconds on the clock. "Quick, the pact!"

The girl holds up her own Decascanner and grabs Ray by the wrist, swiping the two of them together. "There, happy?"

"Happy?"

"You look like the type to think this is really just a game. Well it's not. People die here...and honestly I don't see you being any different than my last seven partners."

Ultimately the clock times out. Five players are unfortunately destroyed then and there, having been unable to find their partners. "Oh man," Ray says.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th November 2011, 5:20 pm

"You should wear that more often," he said with actual sincerity before adding with a sad smile, "though I doubt that'll happen here."

He looked around and his eyes went cold as he scanned everyone around them, looking at the stances, movements, gauging potential weaknesses. Some were so young...no, as long as that d*mned computer lived, he could not afford to see anyone as alive. Least of all, himself.

"Well," he said with sarcastic cheerfulness, "ready for a fun-filled day of adventure?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 17th November 2011, 10:00 pm

Gospel's smile turned almost empty at his words. "You'd be right," she said, glancing at those around her. Many of them would not make it back, and the thought made her shudder. She played with her decascanner absently, trying to keep from losing it as she looked at the faces she might never see again. The motion was almost hypnotic.

She blinked as Azrael spoke again. "Ready as I'll ever be," she said, with a short, dry laugh.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th November 2011, 6:35 pm

"Great, you found me, now let's go," the girl says, turning and walking off towards an elevator door.

"Wait WHAT?! Hold up! What's you're name, what-"

"It's Thirteen and if we stay in here too long, we'll end up like those poor chumps. Moving along now. We have to get to the next tower over. It's the virtual reality tower where the game is held. We go there and the basic goal is to reach the top. Once you're at the top..."

"You win?"

"...Something like that...let's go." Thirteen then guides Ray to the door which leads to the bridge between the two towers.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 6:38 pm

"Well, let's move," he said, turning and becoming all business. "Or are we to wait for more instructions?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 6:47 pm

"No," Gospel said. "We have to head to the next tower now. That's where the 'game' takes place." She cringed at the word. "Anyway, if we make it to the top of the tower, we 'win' the 'game.'" She started walking for the bridge between the towers, taking the lead. She knew he would follow, like all the others, letting her lead him to what was likely his own death.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 6:50 pm

"Well," he said with a sarcastic grin, "a woman who likes to take charge. Nothing wrong with that. You sound like you've been down this rodeo before. What can I expect?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 7:04 pm

Gospel didn't look back. "Nothing good," she said in reply as they approached the bridge. "You ascend floors by fighting and solving puzzles. Failing to follow Hexagon's rules means 'immediate termination.'"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 7:06 pm

"For a soulless machine," Azrael began, "it sure likes to mess with people."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th November 2011, 7:07 pm

Shortly ahead of Azrael and Gospel, Thirteen is explaining Hexagon's twisted game to Ray.

"I'm in charge of telling you what that thing on your wrist is. It's called a Decascanner as you already know. Ever read Green Lantern as a kid?"

"Uh...no but I saw a cartoon. Dude with some space-age magic ring. Let him fly and make solid constructs out of light and whatnot."

"Yep. Similar concept here. They don't let you fly and won't protect you from being hit by a truck but you can make a number of simple constructs with them. Also, they have a number of other features. I'll let you determine those. But the main was is forming a seal. Seals allow my own decascanner to access superhuman abilities that I can use for up to 30 minutes freely. The way to form a seal varies between Handicaps."

"So how do I form a seal with you? Swipe them together like before?"

"Not exactly..."

"Then how."

"Just...get through the game without needing me, all right?"

"WHAT?!"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 7:13 pm

"Soulless indeed," she said. "It's got to keep it's great mind in shape somehow," she added bitterly. She cleared her throat. "Anyway, that thing you have on your wrist is your Decascanner. Yours gives you a stopwatch, minicomputer, et cetera. It's also projects a weapon for you to use in combat. If it breaks, Hexagon kills you on the spot. Mine can be used to form a seal - it gives me access to a special ability for about half an hour."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 7:19 pm

Azrael listened intently to both Gospel and the pair running in front. They were merely children--though he was only 20--he hoped he'd not have to kill them. Especially considering they were providing him with useful information.

"I see," he said. "What do I have to do to form this seal with you?" he added, hoping she'd be a little more forthcoming to him than than the poor b*stard in front of them's Handicap was being to him. "And what is your ability?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 7:48 pm

Gospel suppressed a smile. "Well," she said, managing a serious tone, "I have what is called a 'Low Level Perception Filter' in my Decascanner. It means we can move unnoticed for a short time."

Gospel couldn't keep the amusement out of her voice now - this moment, every time, was the only highlight of the Hexagon games for her. "The process to form the seal is different for every single Decascanner," she explained. "So Hexagon has to pull ideas from pretty much everywhere in it's databases. Activating mine involves... well, have you ever heard of a dance called the Time Warp?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 7:55 pm

Azrael actually missed a step and his face went blank. He knew what she spoke of. And a happy-go-lucky seven year old had learned the dance.

"You can't be serious..." he said in a neutral tone.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 7:59 pm

Gospel threw up her hands in mock surrender. She hid her grin poorly. "Not at all. Hexagon has a weird sense of humor, it seems." She had always found it awkward herself, that her subtle Seal ability had been paired with such a flamboyant activation. Perhaps it had been intentional, to deter her from using it often. It certainly made it harder to sneak around places without planning. "You don't have to sing along, at least. Just go through the motions."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 8:03 pm

"We'll have to take special care about when we use it," he said in a non-commital tone.

Like never, he thought. The "Time Warp" would be the death of his image as "The Angel of Death."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 10:34 pm

"Anyway, it's alright, I suppose," she continued. "It's embarrassing, sure, but the good thing is the Seal starts kicking in about halfway through." They had reached the bridge by now, and Gospel stopped suddenly. She was struck, in that instant, by a gripping, uncontrollable terror. She couldn't cross over to that h*ll again. Her breath quickened, and she reached for her Decascanner, gripping it so tight her knuckles went white.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th November 2011, 10:44 pm

When she suddenly stopped he tensed and looked around for a threat, falling into a ready stance. He saw no threat, just more people making for the tournament grounds.

She seemed lost in her own mind, paralyzed with a fear, her eyes locked on their destination. So fragile, he thought, a trace of pity. If I can't make it out of here without her, then she needs to keep it together.

But he was not used to comforting people. He'd do what was necessary, though.

"Don't be afraid," he said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I don't know what you've been through, but nothing will harm you if you stay close to me."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th November 2011, 11:00 pm

Gospel tensed, stepping forward away from Azrael's hand. What did he know? Fighter though he was, he had no clue what was ahead of him, no idea of the terror, the false hope that was always maddeningly destroyed. He hadn't seen the people and their endless possibilities gone to dust.

Gospel brushed her thumb across the face of her Decascanner. She had to remain in control. She took a breath, and turned back to him with a false smile. "Of course," she said. "I have no doubt in your capabilities," she finished, entirely honest. She turned back around, and took that hateful step out onto the bridge. "Shall we, then?" she asked, startlingly calm now that her panic had passed.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top