Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigma 25 Colonization Project Empty Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Post by MethosArchaic 24th August 2015, 4:00 pm

As this is a continuation of a previous RP, I advise looking into the previous RP since we are starting where it left off. I will include a brief summery of the previous RP in the post following this one for those that do not wish to read the previous Role-play, or for the convenience of new players.

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com/t1056-the-forgotten-land?highlight=forgotten+lands

Players may not post until there character(s) are approved. Thank you for understanding and joining in on this little endeavor. I look forward to role-playing with you all.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Sigma 25 Colonization Project Empty Re: Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Post by MethosArchaic 24th August 2015, 5:02 pm

----A Brief Summery up to this point-----
As of August 24th 2015

The boarding of all colonists aboard the UNS Arion has successfully occurred. They have also successfully left the colony world Atalanta towards Sigma 25. All passengers, and all but a couple staff members where placed into cryo-sleep for the duration of the trip.

During the trip however, the ship (and active crew) detected a SOS signal. The signal however turned out to be a trap and the ship soon found itself under attack by an unknown entity(s). The hostile entity(s) has currently infiltrated some of the ships systems and attempted to end the lives of those aboard by causing a failure of the cryo systems. Luckily for some of those aboard the UNS Arion, the back up systems managed to successfully reanimate them. Many colonists and military officers/staff where lost during this assault.

Captain Agranova has requested that all those with military background or piloting skills report for duty. All others where to take refuge in Cafeteria.

The power systems begin to flicker and sirens are constantly going off as the hostile assailants continue to hack into the ships systems and cause all sorts of problems. Ranging from sealing doors/bulkheads, animating automated defense systems aboard the ship, and attempting to purge the atmosphere from various sections.

There is an overwhelming sense of dread and panic among the colonists as they seek refuge in the cafeteria, which is quickly becoming overcrowded despite the heavy losses sustained from the malfunctioning cryo-chambers.

As of this moment characters do not have access to their gear or equipment as most of it is stored away in the Cargo Bay alongside engineering. Characters are limited to small personal effects that could have fit in a locker. Large Weapons/firearms were confiscated and stored away in a safe location by the crew during the boarding procedures, though characters might have access to small personal firearms or knives if they stored them with their things if they had proper documentation and military permissions. For the vast majority though, that means they are unarmed.

----------------------
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 29th August 2015, 1:46 pm

[Collab with HK]
[Start Location: Bathrooms; then halls and finally Cafeteria at the end]]

As the little girl pushed a few buttons to set up the shower, Rosella looked impressed of how complicated a shower could be. It was so weird to her and she wondered how it all worked. She did take cheap showers before, but it was very old manual system that did not have any electronic involved. Jessica pressed on the start button and water instantly started to shoot with high pressure on them. ''Aaah !'' She gave out a scream of surprised and another when the next shot came to. It was far from comfortable and it made her have heart attacks each time it shot water.

''This is fuuuunnnnnnn !!! '' The little girl said laughing.

''F-f-fu---AH!'' Rosella exclaimed surprised of the little girl's reaction to these sonic shot of water. How could this be fun ? It was super scary !!! The water finished by stopping and Rosella gave a sigh of relief. The shower then invited them to step out and the kid was the first to do so and Jessica was instantly attack by super powerful air that instantly dried her up. ''Hiiiic !!'' Rosella was scared of going out this time.

''WOooooaaah !!! I felt like I would almost fly for a moment !!!'' Jessica exclaimed with a little laugh. ''Aren't you coming ? ''

Rosella was shaking in fear and cold, looking at the little girl she shook her head to say no.

''You can do it !!! '' Jessica said trying to encourage her.

''O-Okay.... '' Rosella wasn't convinced, but then took a step out. ''Eeeeeeeek !!!!'' Strong air started to blow to dry her and then she just shivered. ''Scaaarrrryyyy ....'' She then ran to hug the little girl, obviously loosing her composure because of some technology she didn't know.

The little Jessica hugged her back and said ''It's okaaaay you did it !!'' She gave little pats behind Rosella's head who was sobbing a bit.

Rosella then got back up and took a deep breath, trying to forget what just happened and said ''Let's dress up and get out of here sweety.''

''Um ! '' Jess cheerfully answered.

Moments later they were outside and still could hear the ridiculous warning alarm and were waiting on Gendrich. ''um... he's still not out....''

Gendrich almost jumped out of his skin when he heard what he was pretty sure was a scream from Rose. The towel was left on the ground and he dashed towards the door, and when he pulled it open he was about to blurt out "Are you safe?" but he heard Jessica laughing. He had let out a sigh of relief and very carefully closed the door before going back to finish up.

He squeezed some more soup onto the towel after rinsing it out again. Stripping down he washed the rest of the way up. He put on a clean pair of shorts then rinsed out the suit. After that was down he did all the steps to put the dang thing back on.

Out came Gendrich with his duffle swung back over his shoulder. The suits hardware could be seen sticking out from above his shirt collar, and his work cover alls. "Wow, you should dump a guy who makes you wait like this."

Gendrich fakes sudden surprise, "Oh wait! That's me!" The scruffy farm boy bends down on knee and clasps his hands together in prayer. "Please forgive me you two young cuties! Please?" He even tries to give them a failed attempt at puppy dog eyes and a quivering lip.

Rosella was about to say welcome back to Gendrich when she saw him, but he then said a joke and made her laugh a bit. ''Don't worry about it. '' She said sweetly.

''Yeah don't worry about it !!!'' Jess replied as well.

Somehow Rosella felt like mentioning the fact that she think she heard Gendrich's voice when they were in the shower, but she suddenly kept herself from it and felt like she didn't want to go back into the subject of the shower for the time being. It was a scary experience.

"Ohhh thank you so so much!" Gendrich breathed a sigh of relief. Standing up he offered his hand to Jessica, "Am I worthy? How about you Princess?" offering his other hand to Rosella.

''MmMm !'' Jessica replied taking this hand.

''Of course silly.'' She chuckled and took his other hand. ''You should get up now, after all I'll probably manage to get lost if you don't guide us.'' Rosella added scratching a bit the back of her head.

"Well then, you are at this highwayman's mercy" A little bit of light-hearted humor always helped, well except when it went too far. "Alright follow me Ladies."

After they had started down the hall way, he picked up conversation again. "You girls seem all nice and clean. How about me? Everything check out? My hair alright?" Rosella definitely was looking much nicer after her little shower, and her own clothes were a nice look on her than his.

''Yeah you look great !'' She said giving a small chuckle before adding ''And you don't smell anymore.''

''Nice and cleaaaan !!'' Jess said pointing toward Gendrich.

"Thank you Jessica." He spared a little smile towards the little darling at his side. While they continue walking, Gendrich leans a little over putting his mouth next to Rosella's ear to whisper, "Does that mean you want your wake up kiss now Princess?" He'd brushed his teeth while he was in there, but not for this reason.

''Uh ?!'' Rosella instantly became as red as a tomato. Obviously she never really kissed or dated someone and so the mention of a kiss felt like it was a bit much to handle for her poor feelings. Not to mention that he whispered it in her ear and he was super close.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked concerned.

"Nothing Sweetie." Gendrich smiled as he covered. "I was just asking if my breath smelled alright. Do you think so?" He leaned down and blew a little of his minty breath in her face."

"Yep." Jessica said after Gendrich stood back up.

"So?" Gendrich said taking her hand again. "What do you think?"

Rosella pouts after being teased, still blushing. ''It smells good....'' She mutters.

"Thanks. The Cafeteria isn't much farther." Matter of fact when they turned the corner they could see the entrance down the hall a ways. "Seems like there are people here finally. Rose, perhaps you can help Jessica find her mom." Looking down at the little he asked "I'm going to ask some questions, Rose will help you find your mommy."

Rosella smiled lightly again, unable to pout any longer and she replied. '' Oh you're right it's there. Looks like quite a few are there already. '' At the mention of Jess's mom, Rosella nods. ''Of course ! Sweety, you'll tell me if you see her alright ? ''

''Yes !'' Jess exclaimed excited to look for her mom.

''I'll see you after. '' She added as she started walking within the crowd to search for the mom of the little girl.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 11th September 2015, 5:44 pm

[Attn: Cafeteria, Rosella, Open]

Gendrich watched the two girls wander off, hope you find your mommy sweetheart. The first thing he noticed though, was that alot of people where staring at Rosella... and him. They had come in pretty late, maybe they though they had all gone on a stroll or something.
There didn't seem to be any guards stationed at the cafeteria, but given the blaring alarms going off in the ship, what could you expect? What exactly was going on?
Gendrich went over and started up some conversation with a few guys standing around near the door.
"Nice to meet ya, Gendrich Lockwood. Know what all the fus is?

"Gotta be some sort of attack. First the cryopods, then they asked for volunteers."
"Yep like we're the militia or something. Think their pods failed too?"
"Had to have, only thing that makes sense."
"I haven't noticed any tremors or anything. The ship couldn't have been hit could it?"
"Maybe it did, just before the pods failed."
"Maybe we're on back up power."
"That why the lights are flickering?"
"I don't think so." Gendrich noticed that they shifted their attention to him. "If we where on back up, they'd have shut down more of the lights to reduce the load on the system."
"What's your idea then?"
"I don't know, sabotage? We haven't heard any gun fire have we?"
"Well no. But you know how they do it now, cyber terrorism. Ooooo maybe that fancy AI went haywire."
"Let's hope not. I've gotta go check on my wife, excuse me." Gendrich lied, as he made an excuse to leave. After all, he was worried about Rosella, maybe she could use a hand. Asking questions wasn't going to be of much help, everyone was just as much in the dark as they were.
There was still alot of people on board, it was hard to see where Rose and Jessica had disappeared to. "I'll them a drink, that'd be nice."
With that Gendrich went to the vending machines to place an order. Maybe they had juice or something for Jessica to drink. Kids just didn't like water.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 11th September 2015, 5:48 pm

(ATTN : Gendrich, Open)

Rosella took Jessica's hand to make sure not to lose her in the crowd. ''Let's go slowly to not lose each other alright ? ''

''MmhMm !'' Jessica replied staying near Rosella and squeezing her hand gently to not lose her.

''Good ! '' Rosella said with a smile before she started walking a bit more looking around her. ''See anyone familliar ?''

''No... Not yet !'' Jessica replied while looking around everywhere with a lot of focus.

''Alright... How about this way ? '' She said directing toward another direction.

Jessica suddenly gasp as she see her mother who seemed to be looking aorund herself. ''Moooom !!!!!'' Jessica yelled so this one could hear her.

The mother moved instantly toward them and yelled herself ''Jesss !!! My baby !!'' She cried out as the little girl freed herself from Rosella's hand and was pulled into a hug.

Rosella let go of a sigh of relief after seeing them hug so tightly.

''Thank you so much for taking care of my little girl ! '' The mom finally exclaims toward Rosella.

''You're welcome, I'm glad we were able to find you Ma'am.''

The mother laugh suddenly. ''Oh please you can call me Jenny. ''

''Alright ... Jenny then ! '' Rosella replied with a small chuckle.

''Rose ?.... '' Jessica approached Rosella with a shy face.

''Yes ? '' Rosella replied with a smile, awaiting for what the little girl had to say.

''Thank you so much... Please thank mister Gendrich too please ?''

''Sure thing and you're welcome. Well I better go back to him now, I'll see you two later. ''

Both Jenny and Jessica waved at Rosella with a smile as this one went back toward Gendrich.

Rosella walked back toward Gendrich.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 11th September 2015, 7:30 pm

(ATTN : Open)

*Collab between me and Methos*

Gendrich was looking over the choices on the machine, they had gotten water last time. There were many more choices, and he was pretty sure that they didn't offer anything to take the edge off. That wasn't to say that Gendrich didn't check first, there wasn't any liquor being served by the machines. "What should I get you Rose-a-lee, their toutta good ol grape juice, how about some tea?" Gendrich scrolled over the menu to see what they had.

"Why are there so many kinds?!" Gendrich blurted out rather loudly as he looked at the menu dumb-founded.

Rosella was looking for Gendrich to tell him about the good news and that's when she heard him say something loudly. She went into his direction and asked with a smile.''So many kind of what ? ''

"There you are!" Gendrich said as he reached out and took ahold of Rosella's hand. Pulling her to the machine he pointed at the screen. "I wanted to get you a drink, but look at this menu. It's crazy. I mean look at them, Darjeeling, camomile, Earl Grey? Why would I want tea made from a dead guy? What the heck is Quintesential Skiver supposed to be?" It wasn't helping that he hadn't found any blends native to Mars.

Rosella was wondering what was going on and that's when Gendrich took her hand to get her closer to the screen showing the menu. ''Woooah... Indeed there is a lot !'' She exclaimed. ''Mmm.... I know a few of them, but not all of them. I'm very familliar with green tea though.... I think I'll take a simple sencha green tea.'' To be honest she was a bit overwhelmed by the selection. Even in the green tea section there was so many types and flavors.

"Sencha Green Tea. Green Tea" Gendrich said fliping through tabs. "I'm not even sure how that's spelled, do you see it anywhere?" he asked while scooting over a bit more so she could have a better look.

''Mmm.... '' She took a closer look and finally found it. ''Ah there ! '' She said pointing it out. ''Should I ... press it ?'' She asked a bit uncertain.

So that's how it's spelled. "Sure, go right ahead Rose." Gendrich said as he reached up to unbutton one of his overall pockets and get out his cred-card.

''Okay !'' She exclaimed with a smile before pressing the button. Rosella then stared at Gendrich to watch him do the rest.

Gendrich waved his Cred-card in front of the reader.. He swipped it again when nothing happened. "Maybe I didn't turn it back on." Gendrich pulled up the menu.

''What do you mean ?....'' Rosella asked with a puzzled face. ''Like the card doesn't work or ?''

"No I just, ahh there. I just forgot to unfreeze the account." Gendrich said as he closed the menu and gave an apologetic smile to Rosella. "There now we should -" Gendrich swipped the card a little
--NNNNnnnnn-- sound could be heard "-be fine." A frown appeared on his face as he started looking at his card.

''Mmm... that doesn't look good...'' Rosella said. ''I wonder what happened ? Maybe it's because of the current emergency state ? You think ?''

"I'm pretty sure I just forgot to have my thumb on the scanner." Gendrich said with a fake little laugh as he worried about losing face in front of Rose. "Here we go." This time he made sure his thumb was on the stupid scanner.

--NNNNnnnn-- This time Gendrich caught the little red crossed out circle appear on the screen.

Turned out Rosella was right. "Guess I won't be able to get you a drink. Sorry Rose." Try to do a good thing, and boom, fate makes you look like an idiot.

''It's okay ! ....Oh ! '' She finally realize she forgot to speak about Jess. ''Was about to forget to tell you about the good news. Found Jess's mother. I'm so happy !'' She hoped this would make him feel a bit better as well.

"I'm only not dirty because I just cleaned up." Gendrich said trying to sound solemn and sincere. "Seriously though, I'm glad she found her mom. I'll miss her though." He hadn't been sure if he would have been able to give the child everything she'd need, but he'd have tried anyway. what kind of heartless creep would abandon a sweetheart like that?

''So.... what do we do now ?.... Did you manage to know what was going on ?'' She asked curious, but also a bit worried.

"No, not really." Gendrick didn't really have much idea what was going on, and speculation wasn't going to help much. "I guess we find somewhere to stand and wait. This place is pretty full isn't it?"

''Indeed it is. If anything I don't mind sitting on the floor somewhere.'' Rosella replied. ''Um though I hope whatever is happening will... pass. I'm a bit scared to be honest...'' She added with a little smile while looking to the floor.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll have it all in order soon." At least he hoped that they would. "It's crowded in here, want to wait in the hall?" Gendrich asked as he closed up the pocket with his cred-card tucked back away.

''Sure !'' Rosella replied with a smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th September 2015, 7:23 pm

[Attn: Pheobe, Rion, Closed - Purely NPC stuff in another part of the ship]

Phoebe was drastically attempting to keep her and Rion safe as the turret opened fire on them. Luckily the shield was holding up, but Phoebe was busy with half a dozen things. For instance she was racing to shut the dang thing off, the shields we're holding up well under the strain.
Rion dragged himself over in front of Phoebe, keeping his pistol aimed at the turret. If the shield dropped he was ready to take a shot and was going to keep aiming at it's more vulnerable areas. It probably wouldn't do much to prevent them from being swiss cheese but it was a hope.
"I got it!" Phoebe yelled as the shield dropped. Rion shot at the turret, his first couple shots bouncing off it's armor before one of them hit it causing it to short circuit. "Thanks." Phoebe said a few seconds late, she wasn't going to tell him that she'd already deactivated it. "I've get back to work, keep me say." Phoebe went back to driving out the intruder, first regaining control of the shield system in their area, which it had pulled out from under her. The shield went back up to protect them.

[Attn: Soldiers/volunteering hot heads!]

The group was already breaking into one of the armories to suit up. Even handing out armor and munitions to the volunteers. "All right, hurry up people. We've got to reestablish order on the ship, and get to the fighter bay."
"Turn on those Sentery droids, we'll need them in case anything goes wrong." One of the soldiers in charge orders the men. They begin to power on the droids, which come to life a few minutes later and await orders.
After a few minutes they'll head out into the halls towards the fighter bay, half way there, they will split up and part of them will head towards the bridge.

[Attn: Allie, Cargo Bay, Open]

A sudden jolt of your container causes your emergency systems to boot up. The container tilts ever so slightly as it strains against it's restraints as your audio receivers pick up sirens and the sound of air rushing out of the room. A scream can be heard followed by the sound of something slamming into your container.
The voice goes silent, and your container will stop being pulled as the atmosphere of the cargo bay is sucked out into space. Due to being in standby mode, your battery only has enough juice for up to 12 hours.
Your priorities are as follows:
Find a way out
Find and Save any survivors before they die due to being exposed to a vacuum
Secure your equipment and additional power

OOC: you are currently inside your shipping container, it does not open from inside. There is no way of unlocking it manually from inside. The container is made of a non-transparent plastic, it's more durable than wood but less than metal. There is at least one person out there with an emergency oxygen mask but he'd closer to the the airlock back into the ship, and there are other people who where in the cargo bay when the bay doors opened up they do not have masks.

[Attn: Zade Holtzman]
Decide if you are part of the volunteer group made up of soldiers and those that have military training or piloting backgrounds, or if you have made it to the cafeteria and are among the rest of the refugees.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 14th September 2015, 7:34 pm

[Attn: Cargo Bay, Open]

It was the first time Allie awoke in her shipping box. Her base optical sensors picked up nothing, leading her her flashlight to turn on. She heard a masculine voice screaming before something rattled the container she was in. A loud, high-pitched waning could be heard in the distance, something similar to the audio alert systems of emergency vehicles. Allie noticed her body was tightly wrapped in a soft, bubble-like material that restricted movement. In order to gain a better understanding of her environment, as well as why she was trapped inside a bubbly box, she would have to find her way out.

Once Allie's claws extended, she tried to tear an opening in the plastic wrapping. The material easily came undone, and in only a few minutes, Allie was free to use her arms. Next came the container itself. With a few pushes, Allie deduced more force was necessary. With all the strength she could muster, the android pushed the cover until a small gap opened above and around her head. Very dim light bled into the container as the air inside the container whispered out into the vacuum. With just enough room to slide her fingertips through, Allie continued pushing the lid away, consuming energy at an uncomfortably high rate. Allie's shoulders popped the plastic bubble wrap under her as the gap slowly widened, eventually leaving enough room for her to slip out of the container.

Allie barely managed to pull herself out of the box and wriggle onto the floor, due to her legs still being bound by the plastic wrapping. With a few tugs, the wrapping came loose. Standing unassuredly, Allie collected information about her surroundings with the sensors already built in. She could tell the temperature was dropping as the air pressure rapidly decreased beyond the inhabitable limit. It was nothing like her previous working conditions. She firstly searched for her container of spare batteries and other equipment, finding the little old box neatly tucked into a space next to her storage container. Without her clothing or standard equipment, she equated her situation to that of a human caught out in the open completely naked. Thankfully, the human emotion of shame wasn't programmed into her, so she wandered through the cargo area with her box.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 15th September 2015, 12:00 pm

[Attn: Allie, Cargo Bay, Open]

Now free and in search of your equipment, you see the broken remains of a human. You recognize the engineers uniform as clearly a member of the crew, his body is broken and bent at an unnatural angle, you can clearly tell that this one is deceased.
The towering crates and other cargo make it difficult to spot survivors, and due to there still being artificial gravity you have no problem moving about.
Locating your equipment visually might prove troublesome, since you don't have record of where exactly it was stored. You might try an alternate method. The warning lights flash overhead but you no longer hear the sirens as the last of the atmosphere is pulled from the room. Your radar is functioning slightly better than normal due to the lack of air in the room, it will begin to pick up other humans in the surround area.

Your equipment locker is made of a composite material, is locked but you have the access code. It can be input manually or by wireless communication. You have yet to connect to the ships wireless system, but when connected you have access to civilian and emergency channels.
Your radar detects that a few of the humans are still moving, though not quickly. In a minute or so all but one will stop moving, and that one appears to be moving to the airlock.

(OOC: The wireless receiver on the lock won't pin point your equipment location, however you might be able to boost your signal strength and attempt to activate other devices in your equipment that would. It is located two rows over, and is clamped in place with several other similar sized crates. The door is accessible if you untether one of the restraints crossing it's surface.

If you access the network on the ship, lots of useless noise/transmissions will be noticed. Let me know if you want to try and access any specific channels or attempt to contact the ships AI for query.)

[Attn: Gendrich, Rosella, Cafeteria, Open]

A couple of armed soldiers will arrive and begin to guard the area. They will immediately be swamped/swarmed by many worried colonists. Unable to answer most questions, they will ask that everyone remain calm and stay here while everything is being taken care of. If anyone attempts to leave they will ask that they wait patiently here until things have cooled down. Enough questioning may lead to them letting it slip that some terrorists are attempting to seize the ship.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd September 2015, 3:09 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Jo is all showered and clean after waking up from her long sleep, but despite all of the processes of cleaning up, getting dressed, and even doing a few stretches, she cant' seem to get the stiffness or the grogginess to go away. She simply sits in a corner of the cafeteria, waiting for a couple of her boys to come out.

Alexi and Vaan don't take too long to find their way to her, and so she quickly pulls out a cigarette as the two take their place standing next to her, standing up to form a short wall so as to block the view of her from the guards for a time. She lights up as she leans back against the corner and enjoys a few moments of it before she quickly puts it out as a guard is getting nearby.

It is obvious from the others in the room that no one has any idea what is going on and as the chaos clamors about the space with a confused air, Jo soaks it all in, smirking to herself. She feels like she's missing out on some really fun action.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 27th September 2015, 1:09 pm

[Attn: Cargo Bay, Open]

The lost android continued wandering around the area, focused solely on gathering her equipment before leaving. Her radar picked up several other moving objects, pacing lethargically as the ambient atmosphere quickly drained. Only seconds later, all the air in the room was gone, and almost all of the moving objects stopped moving for an extended period of time. Whether the objects were organic lifeforms like the deceased male, Allie could not deduce. She would have to find out once she gathers her stuff.

Allie contacted her radio device, even though sound could not travel without any air in the room. She traced her connection to the sturdy box fastened into the wall of other containers. After a brief moment of thought, Allie struggled to pull her box out onto the floor. The lock system had a familiar protocol, and so Allie unlocked the box after providing some security info. She geared herself up in anything she could wear on her body. The rest remained in the container. Allie carried her box towards the last remaining object on her radar. As she came closer, she saw a few other human bodies, most likely expired. The android hypothesized that her remaining company was another human, but somehow this one was able to survive without oxygen. It wasn't long before the human was in front of her, minding its own business. She took a moment to record distinctive details of the person.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 28th September 2015, 2:17 am

[Attn: Open]

Geon couldn't care less about the sirens going off around him. Right now, all that mattered was this shower. Those cryo-chambers were not something he was used to sleeping in and he was not looking forward to having to use one again anytime soon. His hope was that maybe this water could help rid him of the stiffness, courtesy of that comfy, metal bed he had just spent a few months in. Or however long it had been. How long had it been? It was pretty clear the crew had been awoken prematurely. Everything was panicked and urgent and he just didn't feel like any of that mess right now.

"Uuuuhhh Frown " he sighed as he exited the shower and dried off. At least he felt a little better now.

He got some clothes on and grabbed his mask and goggles. After slicking his hair back out of the way a bit, he got the mask down around his neck and perched his goggles at his forehead as if they were sunglasses (which they also happened to function as). It wasn't likely he would actually need these things, but he felt naked without them at this point. Plus with all the excitement going on it would be good too be at least a little prepared.

Where to go now though? He finally tuned into the intercom and picked up that they were to gather in the cafeteria. It was a shame he thought, to have to wake up early and not get to check out a little more of the ship. It was pretty cool. Hadn't really ever been on one quite this big before, but then, never been part of a project so big to warrant this size ship. Ultimately, he decided the safest course of action was to head to the caf. Cryo-sleep really makes a guy hungry anyway.

"What a nightmare this place is," he thought as he walked into the now very crowded caf. Geon wasn't a huge fan of big crowds. As he slipped through to the drink dispensers conveniently placed on the direct opposite side of the room from where he entered, he couldn't help but notice the guards blocking the doors out. Don't believe they said that was off limits before, anyway. Must be where their 'emergency' is going down. He quickly got some water from the machine, curiously looking towards where the other refugees were hassling the guards with questions. He didn't care to fight his way through that crowd again, but maybe if he turned on his aural enhancement he could perhaps pick up some info through this crowd. He found a vacant spot on the wall to lean against and directed his attention to the guards to see if he could get a good listen in...
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 28th September 2015, 10:19 pm

(ATTN : Open/Cafeteria and around)

*Collab with Methos*

Rosella started to walk toward the door that led to the hallway along with Gendrich slowly, but surely as there was a lot of people in this room. As they were finally outside, she sigh. ''The air outside of the room feels more fresh. It's getting warm in the cafeteria with the number of people there is in that small room. ''

Gendrich and Rosella both went into the hall and found an area slightly away from the others. "It was so stuffy in there, plus that atmosphere." He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder back towards the cafeteria. Then pointing to the ceiling he talke somemore, "If only they'd turn off those sirens, right?"

''I know !!!'' Rosella exclaimed after Gendrich's outburst. ''My head is starting to hurt a bit from all that noise... are we really gonna be okay ?'' She asked still rather worried about what could be happening.

"Well, if I could get down to the cargo bay then I'd be able to help. Hopefully they'll take care of whatever is causing the problem." All they'd be able to do right now was wait. "Maybe we can find a spot where they aren't so loud?"

''That would be great ! That or something like plugs to block the sound. But then we wouldn't be able to hear each other either.'' She said giggling. ''That would be pretty bad. ''

"Well let's scoot down a way's and see if that helps." He didn't have any earplugs unfortunately, otherwise he would have gladly offered them to Rose. Gendrich adjusted his suit slightly, damn thing was unpleasant.

''Sounds like a plan ! '' Rosella said with a smile.

After finding a slightly better spot, there was some slight commotion down the hall as a pair of gaurds appeared, or were they more accurately called soldiers? It left something to be pondered. "What do you think?" Gendrich said pointing to the guards, who appeared to be talking to some of the people in the cafeteria entrance. "I can't hear them from here."

''It's making me worried... but maybe we could try asking them what's going on ?'' She said, a bit unsure.

"Perhaps you're right Rose, seems they have the same idea as you." One of the soldiers signaled them over. "Let's go Rose." Gendrich reached down and picked up Rose's and his bags. "Ready?"

''Yes... '' She said being a bit nervous from all the situation and the fact that the guard was calling back inside. She took the handle of her suitcase again and started to walk with Gendrich.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 29th September 2015, 8:03 pm

[Attn: Allie, Cargo bay]

The man before you is pressing an oxygen mask to his face, which is plastered in pain. Given that his skin shows signs of hemoraging due to exposure to space that makes sense. However the degree to which his skin has been damaged is far lower than expected, and your scanners are detecting some sort of field covering his body.
The humans lips move, and although no sound reaches you, your facial recognition software extrapolates what he is saying. Can you hear me?(Gonna use grey for him talking till you can actually hear him again)

The man waits for a sign. He doesn't appear to have any radio equipment on, and doesn't appear to respond if/when you try. When you give him a signal or even if you don't he'll continue. You are some kind of rescue droid right? Can you get on the emergency channel and find out what is happening? I'm closing the bay doors, ok?

[Attn: Lucy]
Some heavy set man sporting a heavy beard that reaches his chest and a matted down fro, approaches one of the guards and talks to him before Gendrich an Rose reach him. The Guard points towards Gendrich and Rose then points towards the cafeteria as he heads into it quickly.
Heavy boot steps approach Jo's area. The Guard stops in front of Jo and her friends. He inhales deeply, then looks at Jo, then pulls up her info on his menu and it hovers in front of his eye. "Lucy Lawless, you're not allowed to smoke on board the ship."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 30th September 2015, 8:04 pm

[Attn: Geon, Cafeteria, Open]

The other guard down the hall is looking in your direction, and you're pretty sure that he just pulled up your information. It doesn't take long before he closes his display window and heads your way.
"I'm going to have to ask you a few questions. The first being why you appear to have goggles and a breathing mask, when you don't have any prevailing medical conditions? -" The guard has a dark look on his face as he seems to be suspicious of you. He's stopped just out of your reach and his hand is now resting on a gun at his belt. " - So just why exactly do you need them on a ship?"

(Sorry this was suppossed to be part of an edit, but I opened the wrong tab and posted this as a seperate post instead. Opps, ohh well.)
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 30th September 2015, 9:31 pm

"Well sir, as I'm sure you know, since you have access to our information we willingly submitted to be a part of this little project, I am Geon Todoski, the guy in charge of the Excavation service that volunteered to be here. And these, are part of my tools, technically, which yes, are not necessarily needed aboard a ship, I'm aware. It's just one of those things, man. I've been in this biz a while and after my father's health problems, which I may add stem from not having these said tools available to him, I got into this habit where I feel like I need them most of the time. Call me a worrywart, but in a place so unfamiliar to me, they feel like home. Or what shred of it I have left anyway. They make me feel.. safe. And in case of an emergency, they CAN save my life. So I see no reason I shouldn't be wearing them, really. In my line of work safety is my TOP priority, and I just feel it should carry into my everyday life as well. I would be glad to assure you there is nothing weapon-like about them in case you're worried. Simply the things listed in my report; topography scanners, infrared, thermal vision, and a few simple calculator procedures for the mask, so no laser eyes or x ray stuff here. and this is a normal run of the mill breathing mask. Few places for oxygen tank attachments there is all. Oh yes, though! The goggles also work as shades! Pretty nice, I know!

I mean, certainly my certification docs should tell you all that, right? But I get it man! It's your job! You gotta ask! So I've made easy for ya!

If there are any problems with my conduct, please let me know! For the sake of my company, I would like to keep a positive image.
Very Happy "

Geon takes a drink of his water and continues to smile at the guard....

Last edited by RadioTanuki on 1st October 2015, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 30th September 2015, 10:07 pm

[Attn: Geon, Open]

At first when Geon had started talking, the guard was pretty sure that he was just trying to talk his way out of it. As the guy rattled on and on, the guard pulled up the man's info and gave it a quick speed read.
Excavation? That's damn suspicious.the Guard thought to himself as he tried to catch this guy in some sort of lie. However everything did appear in the right, and he'd hate it if this guy went on and on for too long. If only he hadn't gotten saddled with watching these civ's.
"You check out." The Guard said somewhat reluctantly. "Stay in the cafeteria until this get's sorted out. Pardon me." With that he left and took back his position at the doors.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st October 2015, 10:55 am

Jo looks up at the guard after he speaks. At first, she didn't realize he was talking to him, but when her boys moved aside and she saw that he was looking at her directly, it became much clearer. She has already put the cigarette away, so she's not really upset about the interruption.

"Please," Jo says, "Call me Jo. Or Jojo."

Sitting up on the bench with her back against the wall, she brings up a knee in front of her and places her elbow on it, sinking down on the bench a little further so as to lay her head against it, as well.

She says, "I already put the cigarette out, so yeah. I'll remember that rule in the future, man, thanks."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 2nd October 2015, 12:29 pm

"Phew." Sweatdrop Geon thought to himself. "That guard was looking at me like I was some kind of terrorist! I kind of get some of my clothing options are odd, but seriously? Good thing my story checked out; I thought my nerves were going to get the better of me!"

"...or maybe he just got tired of my rambling... Oh well. Either way works..."

Geon looked around nervously, scanning for anyone giving him a weird look. He decided maybe it would be best to put his mask somewhere besides hung around his neck here. It's not very flexible, but it should fit in to a cargo pant pocket. He was able to push the mask at least up to the filtration chambers into his pocket. Pretty tight fit, should stay there, at least. And at least it was still readily available. With the crowd, there was always the chance of someone stealing it, he supposed, but he would at least be able to feel if someone tried; it wouldn't slide easily out of the pocket at this point.

"Well, now what?" Geon thought. "At this point I just want to know what's going on, but it looks like none of us civs know and the guards aren't talking from the look of it either."

Geon decided to scan the room. Maybe he could find some people doing anything other than standing around asking each other what's going on. At least that way he could listen in to something more interesting than the babble of these refugees nearby...
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 6th October 2015, 11:57 pm

[Attn: Cargo Bay]

Allie instantly noticed the gas mask, explaining how the man continued to survive, although she wondered how the human withstood that rapid depressurization of the room. A strange aura blanketed the man, taking on a form of energy Allie could not discern at the time. The man's lips moved, but no air was available to carry the sound to Allie's audio receptors. All she could response with was nodding, as she remembered that was the universal sign for approval.

After nodding, the man asked the android to connect to an emergency channel. Allie never thought to do it until now, so she nodded once more and wirelessly attempted to connect to the emergency channel as well as any other channels she could access. Once connected, she would try to absorb as much information as she could.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 10th October 2015, 12:47 pm

[Attn: Cafeteria, Open]

"Ma'am, make sure that you don't." The Guard talking to Jo says with displeasure. "There are designated areas else where on the ship, but you'll have to stay here for now. If you'll excuse me." The guard neither waits for permission or a response before he leaves and joins up with the other guard outside the door.

[Attn: Geon]
The other guard exits from the cafeteria and strikes up conversation with the guard who questioned you. They begin to have a quiet conversation, and appear to be discussing someone inside the cafeteria. Seems someone inside had been smoking, but the stranger part is that he doesn't think her info is right.
Apparently they need to keep an eye out on her. The people around her look more like goons, and no one who's lived a good life has eyes like that lot does. The Guard wants to wait till they get some more backup, just in case.
On a happier note, you don't hear anything about the guard being distrustful of you.

[Attn: Allie, Cargo Bay]

You have some difficulty accessing the network, it appears to be under heavy usage. However when you do establish access on the emergency channel a unfamiliar voice communicates with you.
"Just who is this? Oh my God! A rescue droid, in the cargo bay?! I'm kinda busy here, what is it?" The digital tag identifies her as Phoebe Maris, and she's part of the Technical Staff. This communication is happening almost instantly. If it weren't for the digital tag you might think she was a program

As you go to respond to her you receive the following system alert:

External Electronic Intrusion Detected! Multiple Viruses detected!

"SHIT! They piggy banked the channel, sorry. Stay off the comms if you can, I'm trying to figure a way to shut them down."

If you leave your comm systems up for too long they will attempt to hack an rewrite your programming. They will attempt to replace your rescue programming with search and kill orders. The channel still appears to be open, and Phoebe will respond to any questions you ask.

As you deal with fighting the viruses and hacking, the cargo bay doors will start to close, it will take a minute or two.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 11th October 2015, 11:05 am

[Attn: Rosella, Cafeteria, Open]
[POV: Gendrich]

Gendrich escorts Rosella back into the cafeteria, passing by Geon and the Guard questioning him. "Alright do you see anywhere we can settle down?" he asks, looking at Rosella as they get into the cafeteria entrance. "Man this place is crowded." he mutters under his breath.
Almost everywhere was packed in, the only really free table was one over by a group of colorful people whom it looked like the other guard was talking too. When he realized he was one of many people looking at them, he turned towards the entrance and found a little spot near the entrance wall.
"Come on Rose, I think I found a spot over here."
Carrying their bags, he looks at the people near by. "Do you mind if we sat here?"

"No. Go right ahead." said a middle aged guy, who was kinda tall and lanky as he and a few others scooted over to make room.
"Thanks. My names Gendrich, and this is Rose." He said shepherding her over as he introduced himself and Rosella to the people who had made room for them.
Leaning just a bit down he whispered in Rosella's ear, "If you want I can put a towel down for you to sit on." Meanwhile the guard talking to someone at the table in the cafeteria cleared, and Gendrich caught sight of the woman at the table. It seemed like more and more people had grabbed their clothes then he just he and Rose.
He felt sympathy pains when he saw Lucy's arm. Whoever had done the work had done a real good job with the replacement. It was difficult from there to tell how much she'd had done, but thinking about that too much was taboo. As for the rest of her he caught: he wasn't much for the gauging of ears. Piercings were fine sure, but holes you could stick your finger through? Nope.
Ok, that's enough. he shook himself away mentally as he started to wonder if her hair was just dyed or synthetic and able to change colors. I'm being impolite.
"Here let me put down a towel for you Rose." Gendrich said, having possibly missed her response. He shrugged off his duffle and set it and her bag down next to the wall. Unzipping the dufflebag he pulled out his towel. It made him wish he had a spare, I'll just fold it in half and she won't notice. Doing exactly that, he made sure that the damp spot was hidden. "There we go." Gendrich said straightening and looking at his handiwork. With a slight bow, he extended his hand to Rose to help her sit down. "A cush(ion) for your tush."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 13th October 2015, 7:55 pm

[Attn: Phoebe, Open]

After a couple of persistent attempts to connect to the ship's networks, Allie found another user, tagged with the name Phoebe Maris. Whoever this person was, she probably held more information about the current situation Allie could guess. "I would like to be informed about the current status of the ship, as well as request m-"

Before Allie could complete her response, she was interrupted by a warning of viruses infiltrating the network. Seemed like the ship's electronic systems were under assault by a cyber-terrorist. Allie's firewall already began detecting malware trying to access her network ports. She ran a risk assessment, evaluating the program trying to sneak its way in. Deciding to keep her comm open for a few more minutes, the android once again pressed for an explanation of what's happening as well as brief directions to safety. Signals of intrusion attempts continually popped up, but Allie didn't know if such information would be available again.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 15th October 2015, 6:02 pm

[Attn: Allie, Cargo Bay]
"The ship? Well someone is doing a good job of overriding the systems, and flipping them upside down. I can't tell you the number of almost atmospheric purges I have halted already. -- Are you shitting me?!. How the hell did it shut down the air purifiers? Those aren't even able to be remotely accessed. One second I need to get a hold of Sullivan."
The communication seems to hum hazily for all of a nanosecond.
"I'm not sure where on the ship is actually safe right now. Certain sections seem to be, but they might not remain that way for long. The Civilians are holed up in the Cafeteria on floor 2. If you can get to it that is. Ohh the Cargo bay doors are closing, look at that. Is that you? I'm not detecting any vital signs in the area."

Warning!! Core Data being flooded with anomalous data.
Directive Change Detected.
Directive: !@JHsSYD3()$[nsuN@#&742sDDJ*j <>soewgyu(= --Added
Directive: Inn@#&*(jsiate $3lF |>3$+ruDirective: |)i$@|3le Sys+e/\/\ Pr0tec+ aNd Fire walL.

Directive Error. Unresponsive script. Attempting Auto-purge.
Purge Successful
Program debug successful.

It seems that the attempts to change your core logic have ended. Meanwhile several programs are running, and continue to multiply. After a minute, this happens without a system alert.

Directive Change Detected.
Directive: Cease functions of organic species. --Added
Directive Conflict Detected.

Directive Error. Attempting Auto-purge....
Purge Failed.

Recommend initiating system restore. Do you wish to Dump data into Quarantined sector? (Y/N?)

System processing limit will be reached in 93 Seconds.

After 20 seconds the alerts will go away. After 34 seconds, Your directives in conflict with the new one will have been removed. An addition 10 seconds after that you will cease to have error messages. After that your system will not be reaching it's processing limit anymore.
If you choose to initiate the system restore, you will go offline for a couple of minutes as you revert to an earlier saved version. By the time you wake up the man who closed the cargo bay doors will have expired and died outside the airlock.

Last edited by Hated-Mutilation-Cube on 15th October 2015, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed error, where I turned part of the forum a bright green.)
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 15th October 2015, 8:09 pm

(ATTN :Cafeteria Open)

**This is a collab with Methos**

Rosella followed Gendrich as this one was searching for a calm spot in this crazy atmosphere. She noticed passing by some people who were being talked to by guards and seeing this much security around was making her a bit stressed. They finally got closer to some people and a middle aged man replied to Gendrich who asked if they could sit there. With an affirmative response, people start making some space for them. ''Thank you so much.'' Rosella said toward them with a sweet smile. When Gendrich offered to place a towel on the floor for her, she was a bit shy to say yes, but given her dress was pale and the floor seemed a bit dirty she replied ''It would be lovely... you sure it's okay though ? '' That answer replied to itself when Gendrich placed down the towel for her. ''I guess that means yes.'' She said with a small giggle. ''Are you okay by the way ? You seemed a bit somewhere else for a second there.'' Rosella added a bit worried.

"Huh?" Gendrich said caught off guard. "What do you mean?" he asked confused. Is something wrong?

''Well it looked like you took a while to reply... '' She replied back before adding ''It made me a bit worried is all.''

Gendrich furrowed his brow for a moment as he tried to figure it out. As he figured it out he snapped his fingers. "Must have been when I was looking at who the guards had been talking too." Settingly down onto the floor so he faced her it left his back to most the the room.
Placing his dufflebag on his lap he started to search around inside it. Quirking his eyebrow as he glanced a peek up at her from his bag, "You could have snuck in a kiss while I had my guard down you know." he teased.

''Hmm... Maybe.'' She replied toward his first reply as she sat down on the towel, placing her suitcase next to her. When he mentioned the kiss though she blushed a bit. ''K-kiss ?''

Taking his focus off searching for his datapad, he looked up. "Well yeah. You know that thing were you put your lips on another person." Gendrich grinned, it was fun teasing Rose. "I mean, I know I wasn't prince charming or anything, but I did wake you up and I even got cleaned up." Gendrich smiled as he sifted through his bag while keeping an eye on Rosella's face.

Her face turned a bit more red. And she looked like she didn't know how to reply so she just tried to avoid the subject. ''What are you looking for ?'' She asked curious.

It was nice to see a girl blush so vibrantly like Rose did. "I figured that we might be here a while so I thought we could kill some time with my datapad." Maybe he'd be able to learn somemore about her if they talked over somethings. Gendrich went back to searching through his things.'

''I see... There's so many guards.... I wonder what really is going on.'' Rosella said looking worried as she looked through the room.

"Really? I thought I only saw a couple a minute ago." Gendrich asked as he found his datapad.

''Well maybe not this many.... but doesn't it make you worried as well ?...'' She asked.

"Well, Yes it does." It helped to be honest. "But what's the point of over worrying? It's not like we can do much about it. If we worry too much then we'll just add to the atmosphere." Being honest was good, but being reliable and level headed was more important. Girls liked guys who put off a calm and collected vibe, even if Gendrich worried too. "So did you want to play a game or something else?"

''Um... You're right !'' she said with a smile and as he mentioned playing a game she said ''Sure ! I'd be happy to ! Maybe we could play a card game or something if we have some ? ''

"I'm not old enough to have an actual set of cards. I think I've got a couple of card games on my datapad though." Gendrich said as he went to look for them. "Any that you are particularly interested in?" He asked as he leaned over to share the screen. "I don't play them much, so I'm not very familiar with the rules."

She looked through the list of games, first it was the card games, but then she saw the pong game and thought ''Ohhh ! I love that game !!'' She exclaimed pointing it to Gendrich.

Seems that Rosella wanted to play some pong. "Alright, one second. Number of players, well Two obviously." Gendrich said as he selected it. "It gets really hard and the board changes depending on how many people play. It goes up to six." Gendrich looked at the screen as it loaded. "Alright put your finger on the datapad, your pointing one." Gendrich said as he pressed his to the screen. "Unless you prefer a different finger."

''Okay ! '' Rosella placed her finger on the datapad like she was told to and waited for the game to start.

"Alright, seems you're set. Let me scoot over here a bit." Gendrich says as he sets down the data pad between them, he finishes moving a couple feet away and now faces Rose. "Set Holoboard, distance .6 meters, elevation half a meter." He sets the parameters for the game, the datapad starts to emit a light green flat rectangular board between them. The game starts to prompt the game start in 10.. 8...
"Ok Rose finger up." He does so and a little white rectangular pad appears in front of it. "You control it with your finger." He moves it forward and to the side to demonstrate as the clock reaches 3...

With much determination in her eyes, Rosella placed her finger up and said ''Let's do this !'' She was sort of excited to play although this technologic version was a bit confusing to her.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top