Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigma 25 Colonization Project - Page 2 Empty Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Post by MethosArchaic 24th August 2015, 4:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

As this is a continuation of a previous RP, I advise looking into the previous RP since we are starting where it left off. I will include a brief summery of the previous RP in the post following this one for those that do not wish to read the previous Role-play, or for the convenience of new players.

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com/t1056-the-forgotten-land?highlight=forgotten+lands

Players may not post until there character(s) are approved. Thank you for understanding and joining in on this little endeavor. I look forward to role-playing with you all.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Sigma 25 Colonization Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Sigma 25 Colonization Project

Post by Vye 21st October 2015, 12:58 pm

[Attn: Cargo Bay, Open]

Allie recorded the fed information as she continued inspecting the incoming data from the open channel. With her suspicions confirmed, Allie made a note to avoid unfamiliar channels for the time being. Someone probably released powerful malware into the ship's systems, forcing its way into anything that's not well-protected.

"I apologize, I'll have to close the communication stream before my systems are also compromised."
Allie then disconnected from the network, her attention now directed towards some changes in her Directive coding. It seemed the malware has weeded its way into her processing unit as well, already trying to take control. Allie quickly decided to perform a system restore, despite possibly losing the information she had just received, and even her memory of the cargo worker that closed the bay doors. The restoration didn't start until half a minute later, but during that time, Allie tried moving her current memories to a space on her hard drive. Allie's body went stiff as iron as she went through the process. Files were replaced, caches emptied, and any current settings were reset to their state before Allie awoke on the ship.

Allie went through a thorough systems check after her body was back in motion. Everything checked out okay, but Allie wasn't sure where she was or what she was doing. All that she knew was that she just had a system restore. Her sensors also told her that she was alone in the room, so she decided to seek an exit in order to find someone with information.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd October 2015, 3:21 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Jo is bored. She looks about and watches the others mill about and chatter and gossip and pass theories back and forth about what is going on and why they are all in here. For the most part, the theories all sound like rubbish to her. She's not really into the procedures of this mission, but she's not stupid, either. Some people can be really daft and naive.

Rolling her eyes, she finally lowers her leg and then places her head onto the table in defeat. She's so boooored.... Her arm finally curls up under her face to provide some padding against the uncomfortable table as she begins to daydream about what it will be like when she gets to run this place.

After some time, she lifts her face with an almost satisfied smile on her face as she dreamily wishes that her daydreams could come true, already. Her small smile drops immediately as she realizes that some dude is staring at her. She glares and flips him off.

"What you starin' at?" Jo asks him from across the room.

However, she's not really expecting a reply, so she just turns around and places her back against the wall once more as she huffs from the boredom once more. Her stooges are all standing around, talking to each other and taking bets on how long it'll be before she punches somebody.

They think she can't hear them, but she knows. She's gotten to know them so well that she doesn't need to hear them to know what lousy things they make bets about when she's in the area. They bet on the dumbest shit, too. Whatever.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 24th October 2015, 12:28 am

[Attn: Cafeteria OPEN]

Geon didn't realize how long he had been been scoping the goons and chick with the eyes until he saw her flip him off. "Wait.. did she... wait. Yep. It's me..." he thought, looking around for someone else. "Hell, she don't look bad by any means but that wasn't my intent!" he acted startled as if he had just zoned out and was just realizing what it looked like except.... wait, that's exactly what was happening!

As she leaned back and looked away Geon sighed. The last thing he wanted right now was trouble from anyone, and so far that was his only human interactions today. "Seriously, am I gonna have to go find some place to sit on my own where people aren't there to think I have malicious intent?"

Maybe it would be best to leave this room. Check on the cryo pods. Nope. Sounds even more boring than this. Then this was a dead end unless he wanted to go do something crazy and try to get past the guards.... Or... wait... wait.. it's coming to me... !! Idea
"I should go ask the guards if there's anything I can do to help I suppose?"
"Wow. Good job there, Geon. I thought you'd have a better revelation than that. That idea sucks.... Let's try it!"

Geon looked towards the guards. So... damn.... many... people.... IN THE WAY.
How many others have probably already asked what he was about to?
How many of those had already been harassed by guards he was going to ask?
Would this make him look more suspicious?
Would it help him?
"I RUN A FAMILY BUSINESS NOW! I HAVE TO DO THIS AS THE NATURAL BORN LEADER I SHOULD BE!!"
he thought.

"Why does this have to be so haaarrrdd..." Crying
he thought this too, but also made a similar facial expression to the above.
At this point people around are wondering why this guy is agonizing. And most stop caring after a few minutes...
...meanwhile Geon's mental battle continues...

"I'm GOING!"
...he takes a step..
"VERY SOON."
"Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, excuse me..."
Hey look. Geon actually made it through the crowd. Distance to guards originally: 10 ft. Distance traveled: 3 ft... Well, he's making progress, at least.

>>FAST FORWARD>>

Geon FINALLY approached one of the guards, trying to make sure it wasn't the one who had questioned him earlier. As his luck would have it, of course it *bleeping* was.
"Oh hey, officer.. Sorry to bother you. Just wondering if their was anyway I could help. These people in here are getting a little restless, aren't they? hehe.."
he actually said this.

Disappointed "Way to make an impression you idiot..."
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 2nd November 2015, 7:50 pm

[Attn: Allie, Cargo Bay]

After a quick once over of the room, your sensors quickly come to the decision that the cargo bay has just undergone depressurization. Not detecting a hull breach, you are able to piece together from the arrangement of loose debris and bodies that the cargo bay doors must have been opened and then closed.
The temperature and medical readings of the bodies place it before your system restore, but not more than fifteen minutes. You do detect the radio signal of your equipment locker, it still seems to be turned on. Though it is evident that you have already been into it, because you are wearing several pieces from it.
You manage to find the airlock, the body of the engineer lies outside. The door into the airlock is open, but the door into the ship remains sealed. This engineer shows less sign of exposure, and it seems that he was the only one able to put on an oxygen mask.
Entering the airlock, you can cycle through and enter into the ship. You will be able to see and hear the lights and sirens. The atmosphere seems stable, and you detect no hazardous chemicals at this time.
Before you go very far, a crackling image appears in front of you of the ship's AI AriOS. "Automated message: ASeRA 21b, do not establish comm links. Hostile AI on board compromised your systems." The image changes to multiple images of the ship's floor plans, the cafeteria is blinking and captions note it as a civilian evacuation point.
"Engage Airlock manual lockout to cargo bay." The image changes again, into rapid video walk-through. It disappears after a few seconds, more than enough time for you to capture it. "Message terminated." The hologram disappears.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 6th November 2015, 2:44 pm

[ATTN: Geon, Rosella, Gendrich]

Jo just sat there a while, bored out of her mind. She continues to look about the room, but she can't really find anyone that's interesting or amusing in the least. She sees a game of pong going on over on one side of the room, between some dude and a sweet looking kiddie girl. Someone was smart enough to bring a form of entertainment, it would seem.

She stands up, moving towards the two with an intent of getting on this thing with the hopes of maybe even stealing it. She's on her approach with her eyes not leaving the two or their game when she suddenly realizes mister creeper is standing just near her, talking to some guards.

She turns to find the man just a few feet off to her right and she instantly becomes annoyed. He moved up to the guards to be closer to her....he walked just as she did...he must be stalking her. What a creep. She changes direction, then, moving to the douchebag, instead.

The Guard doesn't even get a chance to reply to Geon as she speaks to him, instead, placing a hand on her hip as her eyes narrow at him with suspicion, "You following me, creep? You think I can't see you for the pervert you are, acting all normal around here, but I can tell. I got instincts, you sicko."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 7th November 2015, 1:49 am

[ATTN: Jo, Guard, OPEN]

At this point, a little voice, maybe even two of them popped into Geon's head.

"Holy shit, she noticed me!" Shocked
"...but drawing her attention was the opposite of what I meant to do.." Meh
"...or was it?.."
"Yep. This chicka is bad news remember?"
"oh yeah, that's right..."
Hmmm
"..."
"She IS really hot though...."
Hmmm
"...yeeeaaaah, but...."
"Hey dude, seriously hurry this shit up. You need to say something. Your thoughts don't run at light speed, so you're just staring, mouth agape, once again... Remember what got you into this mess?"
"But if I do rope her into this, what will the guard think of me?"
Hmmm
"Dude, it's been at least 20 seconds now, say something dammit!!" Angry

"Oh,..hehe, yeah." finally sayeth Geon. "Y'know, you're right! I'm sorry if I came off as creepy but, I gotta say, I admire that confident look in your eyes! Looks like you're just the person we need to help get things done around here! Don't you think so guard? Yep, this girl's definitely ready for battle! Just point us to what needs to be done and WE ARE THERE MAN!"

"O....M....G.... Geon.... W....T....F..... MAN.
Why must your nervous reactions be over the top and as stupidly uncool as possible?"
"Is there some real reason you absolutely HAVE to make a complete, total ASS of yourself when you're nervous?!?"
"This chick hates your guts. She now will hate you for all eternity! And your sitting there, smiling... LIKE A TOTAL JACKASS."
"Is this what YOU call PLAYING DUMB?"
:>:cff]
"However....."
Meh

"She confronted you herself...
she could have easily just sent those goons of hers to rough you up.....
yet she didn't....
so either she didn't think of this....
...or,... she's totally into you man....
in which case you probably screwed that up.. or did you?
she looked super bored anyway right?... Maybe you're like her savior or something...
....she's cute when she's angry Super Smile ..."

Geon looked to a very confused guard and the girl who seemed to be seething with angry volcanic fumes.

"or y'know, maybe I was kidding?... I sometimes get carried away.. sorry..." Blushing/Embarrased
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 7th November 2015, 5:10 pm

[Attn: Open]

Aliie eventually found her remaining equipment as well as an airlock leading to the main ship. A deceased human corpse must've been the one responsible for opening the airlock, although the unfortunate soul didn't survive the depressurization. Stepping into the airlock, Allie searched for a way to open the second door, but the door opened automatically. The rush of air rattled Allie's vest, but the android easily stood its ground. The flashing lights and blaring siren hinted that something has gone awry. After taking its first few steps, a hologram appeared only a few feet in front of Allie. The android stored the hologram's message in its own internal hard drive. Allie then closed the airlock behind her, following the given instructions.

With floor-plans of the endangered ship, Allie formed a virtual map. It began walking carefully towards the cafeteria. Everything seemed normal outside of the sirens. Having spent its whole life on Earth, Allie couldn't imagine what could have caused the ship to go into a state of emergency. Allie heavily utilized its motion sensors to find any humans that were also caught outside of the evacuation center. It preemptively activated its claws in case an assailant was snooping around the halls.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 19th November 2015, 6:53 pm

[Attn: Geon, Lucy (Jo), Cafeteria, Open]

One of the Guards notices the commotion starting between Geon and Lucy. Both of the troublemakers seem to be starting trouble, go figure. thinks the Guard. "Hey you two, what seems to be the problem? We don't want any trouble, let's get this sorted out quickly."

[Attn: Allie, Open]

As you make your way towards the cafeteria you are forced to seek alternate routes a few times as certain bulk-heads seem to have been closed, and unless you attempt to get into contact with Pheobe on the comm systems you don't know how to open them.

Then again there is no telling why they were sealed in the first place so it may be unwise to open them. Eventually as you make it closer to the cafeteria, you will notice other Droids wandering the halls. By examining their appearance you are able to search your memory for information on them.
They appear to be a standard military service model, and the tags and emblems on them do denote them as those used by the ship. It is odd that no soldiers are with them, though perhaps there is a perfectly reasonable reason for this.
If they spot you, they will approach and ask for your model and directive. Several are damaged heavily and moving irregularly. A few of them have human blood splattered on them, and traces of other human tissue/visraw.
You detect that the one that asked you for your Model and Directive is connecting to the comm system, and it quickly will be able to verify your identity. They can assist you in reaching the cafeteria, if you desire.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th November 2015, 9:01 pm

(ATTN : Cafeteria, Open)

**This is a collab with Methos**

The ball came her side first and she had her finger on the rectangular thing, not sure what to do after, but tried to move along with it toward the ball and actually managed to stop it and send it on Gendrich's side. Although the control of this was a bit weird, she thought she could get used to it.

Gendrich watched as Rose managed to move her board sucessfully in the way of the ball and send it back his way. "Alright, let's see if you can do it again." he said as he moved his finger easily to block it and send it back. "Pretty simple right?"

''Y-ye-Eek !'' She exclaimed as she tried to catch the ball, but failed to be quick enough. Gendrich had one point on his board.

Gendrich grimaced as the little board flashed red and made a little buzzer type noise as Rose missed, "Guess not." he said. "Well you'll get the hang of it." he offered up beat as the number counted down and it got ready to send out the ball from her side this time.

Rosella pouts ''I'll get you next time !!'' Then the ball appear on her side for her to throw and she throws it in the opposite direction of where he was, hoping it would make through. She looked pretty into it, so much she was pretty much forgetting there was a lot of people around and some emergency procedures.

Gendrich smiles devilishly, "Ohhh ho ho, someones getting into this." He moves his hand towards his edge of the board and swings it quickly over to block. The little ball makes a noise as it bounces off. "So what sort of price should I give you if you win?" Gendrich lazily moves his finger in a circle, his little board following it on his side of the line.

Rosella was in shock with how easily and quickly he just blocked that. ''Eeek !'' She screamed out barely making it to block it making it go to the other side. ''I don't know !! '' She said quickly, looking a bit tense while looking at the ball that was going his way. ''Will it come back this way ?'' She thought to herself while watching and doing her best to try and focus.

"This isn't hard yet Rose. You know that you can actually increase the ball's speed right?" Gendrich said moving his finger over to block it again, he hadn't looked up yet to check Rosella's face.

''Uh ?!.... how ?!'' She asked and then had been distracted and miss the ball that was sent from him and here we go, it was into the void.

"That's two for me." Gendrich says as the ball goes in and he scores another point. "You just jab your finger into the ball when it comes your way and it speeds up." Gendrich demo's moving the board sharply forward on his side of the line. "Looks like the ball is getting ready to launch again."

Rosella listened to Gendrich's explanation and she does a nod of understanding before the ball appears again and she shot it toward a side Gendrich didn't seem to be guarding.

Gendrich messed up and brought his finger down too low and his board disappeared. The ball went in before he could get it back up. "Well dang." He got ready to send it back toward Rosella, letting it casually start from the middle of his side. "Think of what you want yet?" He chanced a look away to see what the commotion was near the guards.

Rosella was super happy when she saw it went in, but she must not give up just yet on her focus. ''Food !''

Gendrich stops looking in the direction of the cafeteria entrance. "OK, but you sure that's what you want?" he asked as he jabbed his finger into the ball causing it to speed up and bounce towards Rosella.

Rosella panicked as Gendrich sent the ball on high speed and she tried her best to send it back, but since she was panicked she acted more on a wimp and reflexes and somehow managed to hit the ball with her finger too at high speed. Though she had no idea which direction she sent it to.

So far wasn't doing too bad. So far the score was pretty close, so Gendrich narrowly got his board in place and bounced the little ball back then waited to time his next move. "Well Rosa-lee?"

''YES !!'' She screamed out trying to reach for the super speedy ball which went in the void. She was shocked for two seconds.

Gendrich shrugged, "Then by Deimos and Phobos that's what you'll get." Gendrich grinned devilishly, "Assuming you can beat me."

''I'll get it !!!'' She said with a face of determination that refused to give up.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 21st November 2015, 10:38 am

[Attn: Androids, Open]

As Allie neared the cafeteria, she discovered a group of military androids patrolling the hall. They were standard models that belonged to the ship, so they should be safe to approach. Allie cautiously walked up to the droids, announcing to them that she was not hostile. As Allie came closer, she noticed that some of them had what appeared to be blood and entrails smeared on their person. It was clear that these robots had seen combat, possibly with some humans that attacked the ship. When asked for her model and directive, Allie quickly responded, but her directive was to tend to any wounded passengers of the ship, although she specialized in search and rescue. Allie explained that without any passengers around, she would be most useful in the cafeteria.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd November 2015, 1:00 pm

[ATTN: Geon]

And of course, the guy pretty much admits that he's a creeper. She's ready to punch the guy, but he keeps jabbering on like a lost monkey looking for a banana. The flattery actually cools her attitude as he expresses his recognition of her obviously fantastic leadership skills. This is a dude she could deal with...for now.

The guard looks all unhappy and asks if there's a way to chill without any problems starting, but she just ignores him. After all, if this dude could just keep playing smart with his words, there wouldn't be any problems.

"Yeah, I am someone that will get things done around here." She says, putting a hand on her hip, "Tell me what your name is, fritz."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 29th November 2015, 7:06 pm

"Oh, shi--wait, what? that worked? I can't believe that worked! Okay, what now....what now....?

"Oh, yeeaah, yeah. See, I've been a business leader for a good little while now and I think that with as big of an operation that I've going on now, I can tell what kind of people get the job done. Name's Geon Todoski and I don't know about you, but I'd rather do something about this situation on the ship than sitting around on our asses all day." Geon says, "We all wanna get to this place sooner, rather than later without any trouble. Why don't we see what we can do around here?"

Jo smirks. She kind of likes this dude. He's a doer, not a talker...well, and a talker. She needs more guys around like that. Now only if there was a way to get out of this damn room...more easily...she looks at the Guard, who looks displeased at what direction this conversation is going. She scowls at him.

"Come over here," Jo says, "To my corner."

With that, she heads back off to her table next to the wall, sitting sideways on the bench once more and placing her back against the wall as her goons just stand about with bored expressions. However, they are mildly interested that she's bringing some dude with her. It's definitely not something that Jo usually does.

"Guards are nosy pricks," Jo says as a vague explanation about her desire to move away, "But yeah. I've already given these guys another half hour limit. I'm pretty fuckin' generous, so I'm letting it slide....however, time's running out and when it does, we're out of here."

"Geez, she's right. I was hoping by some act of God or something, they would allow us to help, but they just had to go and make this difficult, didn't they?

I'm so fucking bored; I have to get out of the place somehow, but these are the last people I thought I'd end up doing such a thing with.

But hey...at least they are trying to get something done.
"

Geon says, "Sounds good to me. You got a plan, or are we gonna wing it? I gotta say, I'm pretty good at winging it a lot of times. Well, except for uh...I don't know, never mind."

Jo smiles, patting him on the shoulder, "I always got a plan. I just never reveal it until the laaast minute. That way, plans don't get ratted out."

"Sounds good to me. That just aids to me winging it more. Anyway, seeing as you got a plan, I guess you'll have to lead." Geon replies.

Jo looks rather satisfied, "Yep. I'm Jo--"

"Lucy." One of the goons close by interrupts. He's about to say something more, but Jo glares at him. Hard. He knows better than to say anything more, so she just lets it go and then looks back at Geon.

"...just call me Jo. That's my nickname." Jo says.

"I totally get that. My name kind of sucks, too, sometimes. And nice to meet you, by the way."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 19th December 2015, 10:32 am

[Attn: Allie, Lucy (Jo), Geon, Rosella, Gendrich, Cafeteria/Hallway]

The military droids escort Allie towards the cafeteria, slowed slightly by a few of the slower ones. Once they enter into the hallway, they raise there guns and open fire on the unsuspecting guards and civilians out in the hall. One of the guards is killed instantly in the coordinated fire, and falls to the ground. The other is luckily shielded by a few civilians and is able to take cover in the entrance to the cafeteria. He'll yell for everyone to get back and take cover as he starts to exchange fire with the robots.

[Attn: Allie]

Allie, the military droids aren't aggressive towards you at the moment. If you attack them they will try to destroy you. The Guard and everyone else might not be aware that you aren't with them, and may attempt to shoot you.
The military droids will avoid shooting you until you attack them, or you make an obvious attempt to side with the humans by protecting them, otherwise they won't directly attack you.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd December 2015, 1:34 pm

[ATTN: Allie, Geon, Rosella, Gendrich, Cafeteria/Hallway]

Jo instantly backs up as she hears the weapons being fired down the hallway and into the cafeteria. The guard that was next to her suddenly fell to the ground, instantly killed from the gunfire.

"Get away from the entrance, NOW!" Jo yelled out, dipping down and grabbing the rifle and the handgun from the dead guard. Running towards the entrance, she takes a second to look around the corner to see who is firing at them and then dips her head back in a second later. It's fucking droids. There are droids shooting at everyone. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"What do you want us to do, boss?" Petre asks. "We don't have no guns."

Jo replies, "Yeah, Petre, I know; you're gonna get people in a safe zone and take that guard's armor so I can use it."

"Yes, ma'am." Petre says and the boys begin to get to work with both moving people to safety and pulling the dead guard out of the firing area by his foot and stripping him.

The only other guard in the cafeteria is on the other side of the doorway, crouched down with guns of his own, just like she is. He looks over at her with uncertainty and she can tell that he's not comfortable with her having a gun--but it's not like he is in a situation to complain right now, either.

Looking down at the weapons, she takes the rifle and slings it over her back and then checks the ammo in the pistol before getting ready to fire. The guard dips in, fires twice, and then moves back in. He looks over at her, almost as if he's saying "your turn" and she winks at him and grins before she turns into the hallway.

Crouched around the corner, she uses the right side of her body to lean up against the wall for leverage. For a brief moment, the left side of her face sticks out to peer around the corner and her left arm comes out to fire two shots at a single droid.

The first shot hits the droid's "face" and the other fires into it's neck. She doesn't wait to see how much damage she has done--she is being fired at. Unfortunately, her left hand isn't her dominant one, and although she's had practice with firing from both hands, she's still a better aim from her right.

As she's pulling out from around the corner, she takes a shot in the arm and grunts from the pain. Although that arm is modified and relatively immune to this low-caliber ammo, the metals clashing cause quite a bit of vibration pain and discomfort along her intact joints. Pulling back, she inspects the arm, but as expected, it's fine, so she readies to fire again.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 27th December 2015, 3:38 pm

[Attn: Droids, Jo, Cafeteria]

If Allie were programmed to be more human-like, she'd be happy to finally find a peaceful place with other people to communicate with. As she followed the droids, she took in the scene around her. The walls told of a struggle that took place not too long ago, although Allie could not discern which parties were fighting. She traced their directions along with her internal map in order to assure they were heading the right way. Eventually, the group was mere feet away from the Cafeteria entrance.

At the first sight of humans, what Allie saw clashed with everything she thought. The robots slaughtered the humans without a second thought. It was then that Allie understood there was more to the situation than she knew of. She didn't understand why the droids would fire upon what seemed to be harmless people. Unless, the gunned humans were a threat to be executed, but Allie didn't contain any data on those who were just murdered. Soon, gunfire came towards the droids from the doorway. Allie hid behind one of the droids while another was shot in the cranial region.

"What are you doing!? Why are you attacking the humans!? Are they not the passengers of this vessel?" Allie asked the nearby droid loudly so her voice could be heard above the gunfire. She kept her arms to her chest and her legs close so as to make herself a smaller target, but she still heard bullets whizzing by and striking the surfaces around her.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 31st December 2015, 1:43 pm

Before Geon was even finished talking to Jo, he heard something metal coming through the hall. It just didn't really register until it was already there. In the back of his mind it was "Probably just some worker bots..." He paid it no mind...

"Holy Shitcrackers!" Geon said lunging towards the wall as the bots rained gunfire through the crowd. Incidentally, the shots were nowhere near him, as he and Jo were in 'her' corner when the bots came firing in, but Geon tucked and rolled torwards the wall all the same, bumping off of it and falling prone. He looked around, pulling his goggles down over his eyes. He scanned the room and saw Jo and some guards already firing around the corner at the droids.

"...Ok...Ok...Ok..... Calm now, Geon!..." He slapped himself in the side of the head.

"Gun... gun... gun.. Where is a damn gun when I need it??" Crying

He scanned for dropped guns and dead guards with said guns, seeing that they were all still in the line of fire.

"Yep. NOPE. Don't feel like dying today!"

"Jo! And that thug guy! Maybe they have an extra gun!'

Geon ran up behind where Jo and Petre were, crouched behind a wall. They were both clearly too busy to be worried about getting him a gun. There really wasn't another place to hide short of this wall and the one across from them, but that one required crossing the river of angry robot bullets and Geon wasn't up for that. But then, Geon also didn't like seeing people die, and they were being slaughtered right now.

"Even if I had a gun, there's no place to fire without practically sitting on Jo's head!" Confused

Just as if one prayer were being answered and another being shit upon at the same time by a jerkass genie, one of the guards with an automatic rifle jumped around the corner to spray for a second, and was quickly gunned down, the gun sliding to Geon's feet.

"..." Shocked

XD
Shocked

He picked it up quickly, filled with new confidence and freaked out completely. Scanning the room again, he saw that many of the bots were more focused on the guards fire than the people at this point, and that luckily some had gotten out of the cafeteria back towards the cryo rooms. Then he noticed one of the big metal tables he had passed earlier with some people still trying to get out nearby. It was positioned far enough back so that he could fire from it, he bet, but just enough out of the way that he might not get killed running to it.

He counted the length of the bursts of bullets from the bots a time or two, and then made a break for it to the table, kicking it on it's side and hiding behind it. He motioned the nearby people over behind it with him. It could hold, at least for now. It would be better than pushing through the crowd trying to cram through the small hallway behind anyway.

Catching his breath a moment, and feeling really greatful that these tables were built out of such strong material, ("They didn't spare any expense on the table tops!") He checked his gun. Luckily, it had a few rounds left.

He peeked out for a moment. Bots everywhere. They clearly saw him and aimed. he ducked backed down, this time into fetal position, rocking back and forth. This had been a terrible idea... Crying

"What are you waiting for?" said the man behind the table next to him, "Shoot them!"
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 16th January 2016, 1:11 pm

[Attn: Allie, Lucy (Jo), Geon, Rosella, Gendrich, Cafeteria/Hallway]

The droids begin a heated exchange of gunfire against the few people in the cafeteria with guns. Early into the exchange Lucy [Jo] blasts the head off one of the droids which causes it to stumble and fall.

The other remaining droids however begin to adapt to shooting at the two humans firing at them and their tactic of popping out of cover to shoot at them. Luckily for Lucy her cybernetic augmentations manage to keep her from suffering any injuries, the remaining guard however is not lucky at all and is gunned down as well.

The droid that Lucy had taken down gets back up into a crouched position and starts shooting again towards the cafeteria, even though it's head lays clearly on the ground useless. Without stopping to hunt and kill the humans, the droid closest to Allie finally answers her question "Dirrrective."

The droids begin to drive Lucy back into the cafeteria as they start to alternate fire to minimize her chances at damaging them further. They clearly seem to be able to communicate among themselves. The faster droids make it to the cafeteria entrance, the headless one among them. However three of the slower, more glitchy/damaged droids are still firing down the hallway after the fleeing civilians.

The six droids in the cafeteria entrance divide up there tasks. Two of them are to fire on the unarmed civilians to thin them out, while the other four focus on taking out the armed humans: Lucy & Geon.

Several of the other tables have been over turned and some of the civilians hiding behind them. Petre and Lucy's crew are hiding behind a two of the tables, and Petre is already helping Lucy put in the guards armor as the bots start to open fire. The tables seem to be holding off the gun fire for now, though it's obvious from the dents forming into the metal, that they aren't going to last forever.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 16th January 2016, 5:01 pm

(ATTN: Cafeteria people)

- This is a collab between me and methos ! -

Gendrich had then gotten down to business and shut out all the background noise around him. At least that was his intention, but no matter how good you are at shutting out people there are just somethings that are impossible, example: Gunfire. It didn't take long for Gendrich to completely forget about his and Rosella's game, nope it was practically instant. He did the only thing he could think of, he threw himself onto Rosella and pushed her to the ground. "Get down!"

Rosella was really focused into the game when suddenly gunfire was heard and the next second she was on the ground, Gendrich had himself on her to protect her. She was scared, really scared ! She never in her life had been close to any gunfire like this, what was happening ?!... ''Gendrich... I'm scared... '' She said while shaking a bit.

Gendrich looked down at her and told her "It'll be alright." Then he looked back up towards the source of the gunfire, and towards the large group of bodies laying out in the hall. Seems we're cooped up tighter than a bunch of hens when the fox is around. he thought. He grabbed Rosella's hand and helped her to her feet as he got up himself. "We need to find some cover." he explained as he looked about the room and other people made it out into the hall trying to run away in fear.

Rosella followed Gendrich's lead and nods. ''What....do we do ?.... Looks like we're trapped no matter where we go...'' Rosella said looking around, being even more scared to see bodies down. She squeazed Gendrich's hand as a way to look for comfort or some kind of security.

He returned the little squeeze from Rose with one of his own as he led them back deeper into the room. Ducking behind one of the booths with Rose, he kept an eye on the door. It seemed the Guard and the Dyed Red girl were shooting at whoever was attacking the cafeteria. Some other guy was stripping the armor off a dead guard. "Ok Rose, seems a few people have made it running away, but I don't like our chances." Gendrich said while looking over the edge of the booth. The Guard helping Lucy went down in a hail of bullets, his head exploding out the back from a lucky shot.

Gendrich paled at the sight, and sat back down to check on Rose. "Holding up?" he asked, glad that she hadn't been looking with him. What he needed right now was a weapon.

Rosella agreed that she didn't like the chances they had. She didn't reply though, just listened and when he asked if she was holding up as they were hiding behind the booth she nods slightly. ''I'm still terrified.. but I'm holding up... I think...'' She said hiding behind him and wondering why his face was suddenly more pale....

Rose seemed to be doing alright, well as right as can be expected anyway. He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her in close and hugging her against his chest. "Me too, me too." He whispered as he drew comfort from hugging her. "What we need now is a hundred soldiers, but I'd settle for a weapon. See anything?" Gendrich said as he looked around himself, sadly the his guns were stored away in the cargo bay. Geon was just now getting his hands on the only other gun free at the moment.

Gendrich brought Rosella closer to him and hugged her, she hugged him back right away and as he mentioned a weapon she shook her head after looking. ''I don't know.... I don't think I see any left.... how about another issue out other then the place the funfire is coming from ?..... or...a way to barricade the room more efficiently ?..... '' She was just brain storming, but wasn't sure herself what other way to get out there was or what defense they had.

Gendrich reached over and held one of Rosella's hands as he too drew up a blank on a weapon. "I'm not seeing anything we can use." A few of the other civilians were trying to break through another door towards the back of the cafeteria, and not succeeding. "You're a step ahead, though I don't think they realize that's a storage closet." he nodded his head in the general direction he was talking about. It probably wouldn't lead to anywhere but behind the food machines. "And the main entrance is too open to barracade. Looks like we're a few cards short of a full deck." Everything on a ship was bolted or built into the ship, didn't look like they had anything to use. Besides they might not have enough time, the sound of gunfire was getting closer.

Rosella nods about the fact that they were short in cards or so to say options. It's then that the people defending the entrance were slowly backing up and then one of them just knocked a table over for some cover behind it and so did a few others.''What do you think will protect us better ? the booth or the tables ?....'' Rosella asked looking pretty worried.

Gendrich heard a loud crash when Geon knocked over a table, and if not for Rose holding his hand he'd have jumped right up out of his skin. He peeked over the edge of the booth, and was stunned that someone had ripped a table off the floor, except they hadn't. He watched as someone else knocked over a table and hid behind it. Gendrich sat back down as Rose pulled his dumbstruck farmboy head out of his ass and asked the smartest question he'd heard. "Table." Gendrich could tell right away from the sound they made, they were metal or something pretty heavy.

Standing up quickly he swung around the edge of the booth, grabbed the table, and flipped it over. "Rose! Come on!" Gendrich said as he reached for her hand to pull her over the booth and behind the table with him.

Rosella followed Gendrich's lead and took his hand letting him help her get behind the table by going over the booth. She felt her heart racing, after all passing over that booth meant being exposed to possible fire for a few seconds. Everything was so scary right now. ''Thank you.'' She told him as she get behind the table.

Several people were following Geon's example like Gendrich and Rose had, knocking over tables and hiding behind them. After helping Rosella behind the table so she could take cover, he caught sight of the attackers, some armed military droids. Gendrich sat down beside Rosella fast, as his heart pounded. He wanted his rifle bad right this moment. "Hey, Rose?"

''Um ?....'' She replied briefly being scared of the fact that the ennemy was getting closer.

Gendrich cupped both side of Rosella face in his hands as he leaned over and kissed her square on the mouth. They might die any second, but Rose had never looked so hot and attractive as she did right this second. He wasn't about to let it slip through his fingers just like that either.

Gendrich suddenly took Rosella's face gently with his hands and kissed her on the mouth which made her completely red. She was so surprised she didn't move at first, nor when he let go of the kiss. But when he did she looked at him as if she completely wasn't there and she looked completely flustered. Although.... she was somewhat happy ? It was weird. More gunshots quickly interupted her thoughts though and by reflex she just huggued him for security.

The kiss lingered for what his mother might have said was an untoward amount of time, but Rose wasn't pulling away from it either. When it did end, he was pretty sure he'd knocked any thoughts right out of her head because Rose looked out of it. He had maybe a second before the gunfire started to appriciate the moment, then Rose was trying to squeeze him to death as she sought safety. Bullets hammered away at the table they were hiding behind, and Gendrich leaned over Rosella to protect her. No way was he taking the chance to peak right now. The table started to dent from the bullets hitting it, and Gendrich groaned in pain but held onto Rose for dear life. If they made it through this, they could talk all she wanted about the kiss and if it had been right or not. He'd need to step up and take responsibility for it either way, he just hoped there'd be a chance, cause it was looking like the sun was running away over the horizon right along with their hopes.

Rosella was held and protected by Gendrich, however when she heard him in pain she pulled his shirt. ''Get down!'' She said out of panic, scared that he might get shot if this continued. She waited for him to get down as he was still holding her tightly.

Gendrich was doing his manly bit to be a white knight when Rose chose that moment to be a proactive Princess and pulled him to the ground. His back hurt something awful, and was probably brused or something. So he found himself laying flat on the ground beside Rosella, with Phobos running amok around them. Right now he felt pretty powerless, but he reached over and held onto Rose's hand. It was the least he could do.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 16th January 2016, 11:28 pm

[Attn: Cafeteria]

Allie finally found the source of conflict on the ship. The enforcement droids must have been bugged or reprogrammed to attack the passengers. Allie was programmed to secure a safe environment, but the threats on the field were outside the parameters of those she'd seen before. One wrong move would result in a chest full of bullet holes. Multiple scenarios ran through Allie's digital mind as the other droids closed in on the cafeteria. Every single one either resulted in Allie's termination, or the termination of all the humans. By the time the droids were at the door, Allie came across one plan that had 30% chance of success and 56% chance of failure, given an undecided 14% of unpredictability. With little time to plan further, Allie approached one of the malfunctioning droids, revealing her talons.

Before the droid could notice, Allie struck for the wrist joint connecting to the hand holding the trigger, trying to sever any vital cords. If the droid loses grip on the trigger, Allie will pry the gun out of its hands, proceeding to fire on the other attacking droids while using the one near her as a shield. If not, she'll continue hiding behind the droid, putting the robot between herself and the others, all the while holding an arresting grip on the droid's arms. If anything, Allie will distract the other droids long enough to give the humans a chance to get in some critical shots.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 17th January 2016, 4:48 pm

[Attn: Allie/Hallway]

Your talons cut into the vulnerable wrist joint and with a small tug you take possession of the auto-rifle from the droid as it's hand remains attached to the rifle but not it's arm. The droids hand loses power as the wires tear, opening automatically and it falls to the ground as you now take hold of the auto-rifle correctly.

The two other glitchy droids in the hall way near you, are alerted along with the rest of their brethren in the cafeteria of the new additional threat: You.

As the Droids in the cafeteria are already opening fire on the humans, you open a fresh can of violence on their two slower damaged comrades back out in the hall towards you. One of them goes down as your rifle penetrates into it's more vulnerable back, a shower of sparks and smoke visible as it falls to the ground as it fails to maintain balance. The other one however turns fast enough to point it's rifle at you, pausing for a second as it's systems try to find a clear firing path around the other droid your using as a shield.

The droid you are using as a shield, will attempt to free itself from you. As you are lighter than the droids, it will attempt to throw you unless you do something first. The other droid will open fire on you as soon as it has an even moderate chance of not hitting it's ally.

[Attn: Cafeteria, Geon, Lucy [Jo], Gendrich, Rosella, Open]

The droid open fire on those inside the cafeteria. The bullets damage the tables, the rounds denting the metal tables slightly. However the booths and counters provide almost no protection, the bullets passing through them and killing or injuring those behind them.

The Droids seem to pause momentarily as gunfire sounds out in the hall, quickly becoming the sound of a gunfight. Some of the civilians cheer out at the hope that soldiers have come to save them, none of them know that Allie is trying to save them because no one can see down the hallway.

The droids will quickly start shooting again, but there is a tiny window of confusion as they adapt to the situation.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th January 2016, 9:10 pm

[ATTN: Cafeteria]

And so of course, the bots are closing in down the hallway. With a few well aimed shots, she takes out three of them, but she gets grazed on the side of her neck--hardly any metal there. With a grunt from the pain she moves back around the corner to see Petre ready to help her armor up. Excellent.

She pulls the rifle off of her shoulder and tosses it over the Jean. "Dude, keep them busy while I get this shit on!"

She begins to thrust the dead guard's armor on with Petre's help as Jean sits at the corner. She is really trying to be steady, but she's so panicked and ready to shoot some more. She's also pissed off, because her neck really freaking hurts. Freaking stupid robots--that's why you don't have a damn machine do a woman's job.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioTanuki 21st January 2016, 1:57 am

"Hey you fuckin' baby! Either shoot or pass me that goddamn gun and I'll do it! They're gonna shoot this table and us full of holes in a second if you don't!"

"FINE! I never asked for this anyway!" Crying  Geon yelled back at random guy 1, handing the gun off to him...

Random guy 1 takes it, looking as if he has never held a gun in his life, and turns to face the table he was leaning against. Geon watches intently with gritted teeth....

He stays crouched for a bit with the gun, listening to the gunfire it seems. Takes a few deep breaths...

And a few more...

Finally he starts to raise up to fire. It would seem random guy has finished his mental preparation!...

...and then he quickly gets back down before even getting his head over the table.

He does that a few more times. Geon becomes noticeably annoyed... Angry
He finally raises his head above the table a bit, in what would possibly be the fastest game of whack a mole Geon has ever seen. He quickly spins around back into sitting position, dropping the gun in his lap. It looks like this dude's hyperventilating.  Disappointed

"Oh, I'm SORRY, what was that you said?" Geon said. Angry

"OK, OK! SO I've obviously never done this before EITHER!" said random guy, passing the gun back, which was rejected a few times. "DUDE JUST TAKE IT, I can't DO THIS!" said random guy, crying at this point.

Mad  ]"FINE, GIMME THAT GUN YOU FUCKING PANSY!" Geon finally said swiping it from him and properly reloading it to be safe. Random guy watched in surprise that he actually knew how. "Now, what did you see?"

"I-I don't knoooow.... I-it was too quick...." Rando said.

"Pfft." Geon said looking at him in disgust. "Why must I always do everything myself??"

All of a sudden, Geon heard a *snap* followed by what could only be the sound of sputtering electrical cables. There was no time to be scared any more. This was a possible opening. He popped from the side of the table fast. The robots would likely be expecting him to poke from the top. Then he pulled the trigger and sprayed in the robots direction, sort of aiming at the ones farthest from any people he could see in front. He could finally, for a fleeting moment, see what had happened. The bots were distracted by... well, something anyway... He couldn't quite see what from here. His spray managed to catch a few of the distracted bots across the midriff before anything could react for a moment, as every bot seemed a little more interested in whatever was going on down the hall in the direction they came from. Great. Either something helpful is behind them, or something worse was coming after them all. One bot's head started to turn Geon's direction.

Geon didn't wait to see what happened after that. He quickly pulled his head and gun back in and reloaded, breathing heavily. "HOLY SHIT!!" Geon panicked to himself as the sound of gunfire rained back on the table. He quickly scooted closer to the middle of the table where the gun fire wasn't pounding as much. His back was in pain from this stupid table, and it had been years since he had shot a gun, but at least he still knew how to use one. He checked his clip. Not many shots left. Maybe just one more spray. Or part of one. Hell, he wasn't familiar with full auto rifles. How should he know?

"Did you get them?? What happened??" Rando asked with big, terrified eyes, still breathing heavily.

The question brought Geon back to reality a bit, as he didn't believe for a bit what was happening was real.
He was no big damn hero. He considered this question for a second before turning back to Mr. Random with a straight face... that broke into a horrifying smile... Grin

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!" Crying

Unbeknownst to these two morons, one of the robots caught in the spray could have sworn it felt something important in it's stomach pop and smoke. If it had a personality and thought like a human, one could only imagine that at this point, it would look down to it's robo-torso thinking "That can't be good..."
RadioTanuki
RadioTanuki
Designer

Highly Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 21st January 2016, 1:46 pm

[Attn: Hallway, Open]

Allie successfully acquired one of her targets, nailing one of the droids in the back before the others caught on to her scheme. It was only a matter of time before attention was directed towards her, and the droid she apprehended began to struggle. It tried to wrestle free from her grasp as she fired a few more pot shots at the other robot which paused for a clear aim. The droid next to Allie was clearly too strong for her, able to jerk her upper body with every tug on her arm. Even if Allie fought to hang on, obtaining a stable firing platform was near impossible. Allie released the droid, taking a few steps back and unloading into the same location where she shot the last one. Once that droid went down, she fired upon the next droid that was waiting to shoot her. She kept her head down and her arms tucked in, somewhat protecting the vitals in her torso.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 24th January 2016, 12:41 pm

[Attn: Allie, Hallway]

Lucky for Allie she was able to push her captive away from her forcefully towards it's companion. As it stumbled and the other droid processed the action, Allie shot Handless-stumblebot in the back close to where she shot the other droid she took down. The bullets went through it and it exploded violently, apparently she had luckily taken out it's powercore.
The bright flash of light and sound would have disoriented organics at this range, but it only overloaded Allie's visual sensors for a second, however that was a weakness of flesh and bone. Allie and the droid both were still able to process each other's locations from more than just sight. The enemy droid was designed for combat and was already sidestepping out of the way of it's companion as it fell, both it and Allie opened fire on each other almost simultaneously.
Luck seemed to be on Allie's side as her first shot struck the droid in it's shoulder and the impact caused it to stumble as it's arm goes dead. The droids aim however still proved on target. Allie's core systems were only saved by her defensive posture, the bullets wrecking havoc on her arms and piercing through to damage the protective layers of her chest.
The gun Allie was firing cycles to a stop, out of ammo. Her opponent, not able to use it's gun because it's arm is disabled reaches down to the first droid Allie disabled, grabs it and throws the entire droid at Allie. It kneels, and picks up the thrown droids fallen autorifle with it's functioning arm, and starts bringing it up into position, only to glitch and stop moving, completely.

[Attn: Geon, Lucy (Jo), Gendrich, Rosella, Cafeteria]

Due to Rando, Geon misses the initial opening. Lucy however passes the gun to Jean, who starts shooting at the six droids in the cafeteria entrance. Before Geon's even able to get the gun back from Rando, Jean's already dropped two of the droids in pretty violent fashion, as if he's done this all his life.
The sudden noise down the hall, causes another opening that Geon and Jean both are able to take advantage off. Geon gets off a spray of bullets, damaging two of the droids more by luck than by skill. Jean however manages to drop one more of the droids as it looks down at the smoke coming out of it's stomach from a damaged powercore before his gun cycles out and he takes cover once more taking another clip from Petre and switching it out. One of the droids explodes, emitting a blinding flash of electricity and shrapnel.
The remaining three droids in the cafeteria have switched focus away from the civilians onto the two tables of humans that seem to have weapons. The droids begin to alternate fire and keep the humans down. Petre not unaccustomed to intense firefights finishes strapping on Jo's armor and slaps it with the back of his hand with a "Good ta go Boss.".
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 31st January 2016, 12:08 pm

[Attn: Hallway, Open]

Things were going well for Allie. The next droid blew out in a blinding flash and a trail of smoke. Allie's visual sensors were momentarily overloaded, but she never shielded her eyes. With the barrel still raised, Allie waited for her vision to return before emptying her clip on the droid before her. The droid responded just as quickly, sending a volley of bullets towards Allie's upper body. Several wires in Allie's arms were severed, her forearms were ridden with holes, and her chest managed to spare her vitals. Unable to maintain control of her fingers, Allie dropped her gun. Only a handful of fingers were still functional, but their positions on Allie's hands didn't lend to holding anything very easily.

The droid before her still stood, seemingly unscathed except for one arm, particularly its gun-holding arm, that ceased functioning. Allie ran a quick diagnostics on her arms during the short pause. Out of nowhere, the droid picked up the corpse of its partner and hurled it at Allie. Unsure what to do about a flying droid heading towards her, Allie made a late attempt at dodging the projectile. The droid body made solid contact with her torso, sending her back to the floor. She didn't even see the other droid picking up the rifle as she fumbled to shove the heavy weight off of her. Her damaged electronics significantly reduced her lifting power, forcing Allie to think of a different way to free herself. By the time the other droid malfunctioned, Allie was wriggling to free herself.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top