Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 39 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 39 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 9:38 pm

"Lucia! Get down!"

Alfredo leapt and tackled Lucia, taking the bolt made for her. There was a white flash as it hit against his clothing and he was sent sprawling back. That holy protective spell came in handy...

He grimaced. It had taken most of the punch out of that blast, but he still had felt it. He pushed himself to his feet, rolled, and picked up his healing ray, letting a bolt fly. He growled in frustration as the beast moved out of the way.

When it spoke, then careened for the generator again, he let a bolt fly again. This time it struck it. Immediately, the injuries on Helena's body all regenerated, her body mending as if it never was.

"Score!" he said.

"Wait, that's it?!" Lucia growled. "It healed her!"

Alfredo winked. "Told you to not get in the way," he said with a chuckle.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 9:49 pm

Henry nearly growled. "Come here and I'll show you how pathetic I am!"

His heart nearly stopped as he careened over the edge of the generator before he righted himself, only to get shot by the healing ray. At least they wouldn't have to worry about her once she was free now...?

He darted to the side, ducking and weaving and shooting off several more holy blasts at it.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2013, 1:58 pm

Hailey had been hiding behind a crate, trying to contain herself as she realized that Helena had been possessed, occasional tears were falling, but she would wipe them off as fast as they came.

Hailey listens and waits for the perfect opportunity to attack. As she hears Henry shooting for the second time, Hailey materializes two holy energy spheres, one in each hand. She jolts out of her cover and throws both spheres at a very close interval.

Upon impact, two holy explosions would me made. Right after throwing them in, she goes into exorcism position, and says ''Henry help me out here.'' in a strangely calm voice. She than starts chanting Holy verses to attempt to expel the Demon from Helena's body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2013, 6:18 pm

The demon laughed. "Oh, you're more than welcome to, Henry. But keep in mind it'll be your little mousie you're hurting- not me. " It weaved in and out of the blasts, Helena's agility now aided by the demon possessing her. "Ah- how I love this body. So agile, so lean, so strong, so young..." The demon once again gripped at its hosts body, dragging its hands downward. "And oh, so nubile." It chuckled before squawking and doubling over; clutching its head. "Wh- what is this?! What did you do to me, boy?!" The demon roared at Alfredo before being blindsided by Hailey's attack. "Fuck-" Before she could establish a connection the demon fired a blast of energy at her, knocking her back. "oh, stay back you filth. Or I swear your little lady will be cinders! " The demon took a step back. "or wait; how about I tell you why your little mousie wanted to be at the big kids table so badly? WHy she wanted to join you? Oh- whats that pet? You don't want them to hear it? Oh, secrets are no fun, no fun!" The demon laughed madly. "When your little mousie was young, oh so little- tinier than she is now. She was in love with a girl. But; let me explain how this love affair is even viler than that! Her little lover was a mage; a witch- a peasant! Now, they made foolish plans to run away; because but of course a little rich girl and a mage- how could that not work out?" Helena's body again started to cry, trembling. "oh but I'm not done, pet! My time in this body is numberd- but I'm giving you a parting gift! As they fled; a demon attacked, far too powerful for the mage lover to overcome- and young mousie here couldn't even see it. SO as they were attacked, she could do little but sit there dumbly; like a fool. Her mage clawed and begged, but eventually she was overcome. All while Helena, our little mousie, was all to pathetic and weak to save the one person who believed in her pathetic abilities! To ever care about her whorish self! To ever held her as she shed her wasted tears! She was unable to save the one person to ever give a damn about her, all because she was too pathetic and feeble!" The demon was now 76in uprourous laughter, while its body was sobbing, tears streaming from its eyes; trembling in a mixture of laughter and anguish.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th February 2013, 6:28 pm

Henry's eyes narrowed, continuing to squeeze off shots as the demon rambled, finally devolving into fits of laughter as she clutched at her head. "That's it," he growled, slamming the gun back down into the holster. "Ms. Valentine," he said, "do your thing."

He crouched low, suddenly sprinting at the demon as it was momentarily paralyzed by the pain in it's head, hoping it wouldn't have time to step back to the generator -

He hit her like a ton of bricks, bringing her down to the ground and pinning her down next to him. "Out," he snarled, snapping up a connection and starting to grapple with the demon inside. Even with the headache from Alfredo's gun it was strong, and he lashed out against it, struggling to gain some foothold. Helena, you can fight him too...!
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th February 2013, 12:07 am

Hailey had rolled to the side to dodge the demons energy wave but still got thrown aside by the blast radius. She stumbled while attempting to get up. At that point she had tears rolling down her cheeks as well, hearing what Helena had gone through, she knew what it was like to lose some one like that, especially when it was one of the only normal people that cared for you.

Alphonse... I really do miss you... she though closing her eyes and cringing, no way in hell she would let one of her loved ones die again.. once was enough, no, it was too much.

She quickly completely gets up as Henry calls her name and begins to charge, trying to wipe her tears off in vain, only giving place to more tears.

She comes up closer and goes into position again, begining to chant verses once more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 12th February 2013, 8:36 am

Alfredo and Lucia could only watch as Henry and Hailey struggled with Helena. Lucia paled slightly and Alfredo thought he heard her say under her breath, "Why did they have to be real...?"

He cocked an eyebrow and shook himself. No. Definitely not. He was probably hearing things.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th February 2013, 4:14 pm

The demon shrieked; kicking and squirming in Henry's grasp. "Release me! R e l e a s e m e!" It snarled at Henry. It started blasting off demonic energy in any direction it could, either grazing or completely missing its targets. Those attempting to exorcise her could hear in their heads an echoing tinny, unintelligible voice started shouting and grunting. The demon writhed pathetically, trying its best to fend it off; but now the energy was seemingly draining from it.
In the hosts body, Helena was not giving up the chance to fight. She was kicking, clawing, and pushing as hard as she could.
"Get- out- of- me!!" Came the tinny wail, only intelligible to the demon itself, it was barely more than a shriek.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 12th February 2013, 5:57 pm

Henry slammed the demon back down on the ground, mentally apologizing for the bruises Helena would come out of it with. Enough of your bitching, demon, he hissed inside Helena's head.

Hailey's chants eased the burden on him immensely the moment she started, and he pushed forward, starting to drive the demon back. That is incredibly nice. They needed to do it like this more often.

He gave one last push, hoping to drive the demon out once and for all so they could kill it.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th February 2013, 3:04 pm

Hailey watches the demon squirm with pleasure as she continues her chant, she had picked a longer and more powerful chant. It wa nearing the final verse, she recites it and takes a small pause as she puts all of her soul into the final word.

She finally shouts out "REPENT!" she feels all of herself hit the demon like a brick and than gets out of her exorcism posture and looks at Alfie, tears still running down her face. "Get him, Kid...." she says partially drained from putting everything into her chant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th February 2013, 8:35 pm

"On it," Alfredo said, pulling out his staff.

He unleashed a torrent of holy energy on the beast and it howled in agony, trying to charge toward Alfredo. Finally, it exploded in a wave of demonic energy. Lucia stared dumbfounded.

Alfredo, in the meantime, was ready to be on his way. He looked askance at Hailey. Why the devil is she crying?

"Let's move on," he said. "They'll have more traps ahead, I'm sure."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th February 2013, 9:38 pm

As the demon left her, Helena seized up; her back arching, her eyes widening and glazing over. She stayed frozen like that for a few seconds before finally going limp. Her head fell to the side; her glazed over eyes gradually came to focus, and she looked up. She focused her gaze on Henry, staring at him blankly for a few seconds- as if confused. Then she dissolved into sobs, her hands feebly reaches up and then recoiled. "I- I'm so sorry, Henry- I'm sorry. I'm- I'm sorry-" She curled her knees up to her chest. "I- I didn't- I couldn't- I'm sorry. I'm so sorry- they were in my mind; I tried to fight it but I couldn't and they- I'm sorry-" It was obvious the possession had taken a toll on her; and whatever torment she had been exposed to. Her hands hovered close to him; as if she were afraid to come in physical contact with anyone. "I- I let you down- I'm sorry-" She continued to sob, tears running down her cheeks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th February 2013, 9:49 pm

Henry ignored Alfredo, releasing his grip on Helena as he felt the demon leave her. She seized up for a moment, and went limp; her mind coming to terms with its returned control. He could imagine it, the fuzzyness and sticky feeling inside her head, the dull pain, the confusion, and he closed his eyes for a moment.

She seemed to sink into herself, falling apart into sobbing. "Shhh," he said, and awkwardly he reached over and wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay. I know. You're okay now."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th February 2013, 9:57 pm

Helena clung onto him, her arms wrapped tightly around him; as if she was too terrifyed to let go. She continued to sob, burying her face in his chest. Her sobs of 'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry' continuing, albeit muffled. She was afraid, she didn't know what of exactly- but she felt it was near, it was everywhere. Seeping from her mind, from her body; waiting to take control again. The reasonable part of her knew the demon was gone; but that part of her mind was still silent, dormant, unable to raise its voice- and all that was left of Helena now was pure, simple fear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th February 2013, 10:02 pm

Alfredo stood awkwardly away. He wasn't good with the emotional stuff, so he left it to those better suited for it. He felt a sudden slug on his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" he hissed at Lucia.

"You can be really insensitive, you know that?" she growled in an undertone. "If--if that possession stuff just happened, think of the toll that took. Her mind and body invaded."

He sighed. "But now isn't the time for this," he said back in just as low a voice. "While they make this scene, our enemies are all around us."

She sighed. "What about your--"

"Don't bring that up," he said coldly. "Not now of all times."

"Not so easy, is it?"

He shrugged. "Let them do as they will. I have a job to do."

He began walking forward, his mind on the task at hand. This was a bad situation on steroids.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th February 2013, 10:09 pm

Kropp, who had previously been monitering the door; and had knocked out two lower demons who tried to enter- awkwardly cleared his throat. "As sure as I am that we all want and should comfort Helen- shouldn't we realize we are in a nest of evil right now? And besides, this is the generator, isn't it? Shouldn't there be more demons in here? Plus...this is an awful big room." Kropp looked around warily, waiting for something to jump out at them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th February 2013, 10:16 pm

Henry blinked as she suddenly clung to him tighter. "Enough of that, nothing to be sorry for," he muttered awkwardly, listening to Kropp speak behind him. He cringed. "Right," he muttered, trying to release her so he could stand. She wasn't budging. "Helena...?"

She wasn't moving, and she wasn't going to be standing on her own. He sighed, holding her tighter in his arms as he struggled to stand. He was lucky she was so damn small. "Alfredo, hurry up," he said.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th February 2013, 10:19 pm

"So glad one of you is observant, at least."

Alfredo turned and looked back toward the generator. There was a man with rank insignia that looked lesser than the others he had seen--how they told them apart was anyone's guess--standing on the generator. He carried himself with a quiet power. Alfredo had to stifle a shiver; the goggles lenses showed he was a mid-level demon.

"Alfie? What is it?"

There was a quaver he didn't recognize in Lucia's voice, but there was no time to sort that out. "Medi-bots!" he called. "Protect Lucia! Better yet, get her out of here!"

"Alfredo Maximillian--"

"You can't bloody see them!" he roared at her angrily. He was afraid to his roots. Afraid for him; more afraid for her he realized.

"No one is going anywhere." The man waved behind them.

Where Kropp had been holding them off was now a small army of men. And from the opposite sides of the generator were even more. All possessed. They were completely surrounded.

"They're all...?"

"Yes..." Alfredo said. "All inhabited by filthy demons."

There was no way out. This was most certainly to be his final mission.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th February 2013, 10:35 pm

Henry's voice caught in his throat as he looked up to see the other demon above them - a sergeant, he realized, recognizing the stripes. But more importantly, that damned aura...

His blood ran cold as he turned, seeing the mass of lesser demons that had appeared to surround them. "Helena," he said. "You have to let me go."

She didn't move. "Damn it Helena get off," he hissed, prying her arms off from around him and dropping her next to him, drawing his sword. He glanced around them quickly. Maybe... break for the rear? Someone would have to hold the horde back...

He started to back up. "We can break out to the rear?" he muttered to Alfredo, swallowing back fear.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th February 2013, 10:42 pm

Kropp handed the now trembling, and standing Helena her equippment; a gun in one hand a sword in the other, and a spare tucked in her belt. He tried explaining to her how her pistol worked yet she managed a owlish glare. Kropp surveyed the room. "I sincerely doubt it...We're boxed in. How the hell this went unnoticed." He muttered to the rest of them, he turned back to Helena. Who was looking murderously at the strongest demon in the room, her finger tightening on the trigger. Kropp snatched it from her. "Maybe a bit too soon to give you the gun." Helena snatched in back, glaring at him. It was obvious she was exceedingly out of it; but she still clung onto some basic survival instinct.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th February 2013, 5:37 pm

Hailey got up and wiped her tears off, the emotions had to be kept for later, she could feel the demonic mass, horsing around them. 

She cringed, observing the swarm of Tar demons buzzing about the room. They had to get out of here, right now, or it was going to get ugly. 

She swore as the first demons appearing from every exit, followed by a horde of others. She than heard Henry's Idea and nodded. "I can hold these chumps off" she said smiling. "No worries you all escape through the rear like Henry said, besides you will still get your fun, I'm sure you will encounter some more resistance on your way out.

She than turns towards them and smiles, giving them a thumbs up. Finally she turns back to look at all those demons, this should be fun. "Eh.. I really wanted to test out all that magic training anyway, so I guess now is the best time" she mumbled to herself with a now dark grin. 

This would be the most difficult use of her magic yet, but it would be worth it. She dives into her imagination world and begins creating. After a few moments, it appears. 

A holy armor now covers Hailey's body entirely. On both of her arms were bearing gauntlets which each had a weapon of its own incorporated in it. Her right arm had a Holy Energy blade which came out from above her wrist and her left arm, had the same holy cannon she had created earlier. 

She stumbled slightly, already huffing, this was indeed very hard to creat.. But she did it, now to maintain it an kick some ass.

She immediately shot a blast at one exit and dashed to another, pouncing at the closest demon stabbing it through the heart, following up with a close up blast which ejected her onto the exit she had just blasted before. 

While in the air she laughs and yells out loud. "LET'S SEE IF YOU FUCKERS CAN TAKE ON HAILEY VALENTINE" followed by more hysterical laughs. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th February 2013, 10:26 pm

Alfredo smiled. He twisted the nodes on the ray and boosted the power, setting it for wide dispersal.

Immediately, he let off a continuous stream, blasting lines of the men. Finally, he pulled out a holy bomb and threw it. A roar of pain later and he charged for the hole he'd made in the wall of people.

"Let's move!" he said! "You too, Hailey!"

He put action to his own words and began running. "C'mon, Luci!"

Lucia, who had just been staring around flabbergasted, lurched into movement and began following after. They're real...

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 15th February 2013, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 14th February 2013, 10:31 pm

Henry started to turn and run after them, ushering Helena on as Alfredo pushed for the hole he'd made in the crowd. "Run faster," he snapped, pushing her forward again and shooting at one of the demons with his holy gun.

He kept by Helena's side, staying just behind as she ran onwards. Maybe... Maybe this was it. For him, at least. He wasn't letting any of the others die today.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th February 2013, 12:54 pm

Helena didn't need to be told twice; in a split second she was off like a shot. Kropp rounded out the back of the group, falling in beside Henry and behind Helena.
'Well knockout gas sure as hell isn't gonna work in here..' He hissed to himself, trying to find a way to incapacitate them. A thought struck him and he rummaged around in one of the inner pockets of his coat; pulling out a long string of what looked to be grenades. Flash grenades.
"Hey I have an idea but you may want to cover your ears."
Helena glanced over at them, immediately realizing what they were. She put away her gun and cupped her hands over her ears.
Kropp waited to see if there were any protests to the idea, already having one at the ready, with the rest wrapped around his belt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th February 2013, 6:55 pm

A few bodies were laying here and there freed of possession. And good, they made a way out of the middle of everything, guess she should work on getting out of this room alive also, now. A bunch of them were rushing after the group, meaning that way out was now unavailable to her.

She chuckles as she is cornered by a bunch of minor demons... Well this was a shitty situation. She grin's and shrug's, shouldn't be too hard. 

She quickly pounces on the nearest demon and slashes its neck killing it instantly. She than jumps off the inanimate man and shoots a holy blast underneath her, blowing all of the demons in opposite directions and giving her a push into the air.

While above ground, Hailey gets shot at, all of them resulting in total or near misses except one. She gets hit right on her left arm near her shoulder. A cry of pain escapes from her mouth but she chokes it down almost immediately and cringes. 

She than continues running about slashing demons down here and there with her usable arm. Until she suddenly gets slammed into and sent flying before getting stopped by the mid leveled demon by her ankle. She than gets spun around and thrown into another corner of the room. 

As she was crashing against the wall, the demon was already in proximity and created a field around them that resembled a half black bubble, no allowing any one to see inside the bubble or out, nor allowing sound to come in or out.

Hailey's armor had vanished after the blows, at least it had eaten most of the damage. She gets up off the ground, huffing, and looks at the grinning demon.

"What's wrong you piece of crap.. Don't want your minions to see you getting beat to a pulp?" she asked with disdain.

He laughs and responds "I don't think you are in any position to be giving out empty threats Chica, you look oh so tired.. And look at that poor little arm of yours, better stop that bleeding ey? Could get bad if you don't." he finishes, his laugh now louder than before. 

Hailey cringes and holds her wound. "I have no time for you.. I need to help my friends.." she says walking up to the bubble.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, it's quite painful" he says smirking and then shrugging. "Up to you though, not that you could really break through anyway. Besides I was thinking we could have a little chat... Ms. Valentine..." he ends, putting a lot of emphasis on her name.

Hailey looks back at him with a frown, stepping away from the bubble. "Why do I feel like you know something about me..."

The demon laughs hysterically and grins. "Every thing comes with a price, show me some of that prime demon hunting your family is so known for and maybe I will be feeling generous." he says an evil look in his eyes. 

Hailey cringes, thinking about her friends, but it's not like she had a choice.. She couldn't leave this place unless she played his little game..

She ripped off her sleeve and took out her last bandage roll, and applied it to her wound quickly before adopting and fighting pose. 

"Lets do this.." she says calmly. 

Last edited by Jack-o-Panda on 18th February 2013, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top