Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 38 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 38 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by Red 4th February 2013, 10:31 pm

Henry nearly stepped forward to interfere when he first saw Alfredo struggling, but the boy managed to pull himself together, and pulled the demon out, forcing it to flee back to the hell it had come from. Kropp managed a similar maneuver. Similar and yet... nothing at all alike.

"Next time leave stronger ones to me, Alfredo," he said, walking up to the unconscious men and checking their pulse. Weak, slightly erratic. They'd been gone for a long time, it seemed. Their mind wasn't used to having control again. "They'll have a hell of a time," he said, lifting them up away from the sewers near the door best he could. "But we need to keep going."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th February 2013, 8:21 am

"I needed a proper test," he said. "Besides, there's no promise you'll be around if I have to face a stronger one. The whole point of me training is to know that I can survive."

Lucia was on the two soldiers by the time Henry had put them down, checking their vitals. "This is strange..." she said. "They're bearing all the signs of coma patients that have been out of it for months, maybe even years." She looked at Alfredo. "What was in that blast?"

"Holy magic mostly," he said. "Set in the energy frequency that would allow for contact and connectivity."

Lucia made a face, but said nothing. "Well, c'mon, then," she said. "We need to be off."

She turned and opened the door, going inside. Alfredo sighed and shook his head.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th February 2013, 8:59 am

Hailey simply watched crossing her arms as Kropp and Alfie did their thing. It was quite usefull, but she would stick to the traditional way if she had to exorcise something.

Hailey remains silent and follows in after Aflie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 5th February 2013, 9:20 pm

He nodded. "Yes, I know," he said. "But those things... what happens if you're trying to pull on a demon stronger than you? You go flying into their arms?"

He shook his head. "Just don't pick fights you can't win, is all. I'll be here to back you up this time around at least."

He followed after Lucia and the others through the door inside.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th February 2013, 9:33 pm

"Actually..." Alfredo began pondering, "that's possible. But I have a contingency for the demon stupid enough to try that..."

Lucia slugged his arm. "Don't get overconfident, Alfie," she chided.

"I'm not," he snapped, rubbing his arm. "I came prepared tonight."

"Good for you. Now take this contraption back." She shoved the healing gun back in his hands.

Alfredo sighed. The stairs led into the pressure room where the central heating and everything was monitored. He looked to Kropp.

"If you're going to do your thing, this is the place for it."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th February 2013, 4:55 pm

Kropp dropped the case and rubbed his hands together. "Alrighty- let's do this." He opened the case, grabbing as many packets as he could carry in his hands and depositing them in the ventelation system. "Y'see- we're so far down that we don't get air from the surface. So we have this processor you see- it takes all the carbon monoxide and filters it into fresh, clean air; which is why it feels so stale down here. It also means this stuff will be circulating until all the shit dissapates and looses potency. Only bad thing is that this shit disenegrates in heat. Which is why it was worth a rats ass in the south." As he says this he deposits the entire contents of the bag in the vents and filter. He pulled something from his pocket, a detonator. "Gasmasks on-" He pulled his own on, now looking fairly freaky in his long black trenchcoat, boots, gloves, and slicked back hair; not to mention his axe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th February 2013, 7:58 am

Alfredo and Lucia didn't have to put on masks--they'd never taken theirs off. Stupid, smelly sewer. Alfredo could remember incidents where a local bully had shoved his head in a toilet. In rebuttal, Alfredo had designed a toilet machine that attacked him. His father had had to take him out of that school as the boy suffered massive head trauma and nearly drowned. Alfredo had felt terrible down to his bones for that.

"Right," Alfredo said. "If we're going to do this, then let's do this."

"Right behind you, Alfie," Lucia said. "Watching your six."

"My wha...?"

Lucia grinned and rolled her eyes. "Your back, Alfie."

"Oh. Well, why didn't you just say that."

Lucia said nothing, only chuckled lightly. They made it to the sub-basement level 2. From here, they could get the elevator and go to the 23rd floor. Hopefully.

Men and women lay strewn on the floor. A handful were of weak possession. Alfredo assisted Henry in exorcising them.

From there, they made it to the elevator. There were a couple of people passed out in it they had to drag out--two of them needing exorcism--before they could all go in.

Immediately, he pushed the button for the 23rd floor and a card reader came out. Alfredo's eyes sparkled.

"Time to see if it works," he said with a grin.

He pulled out the card and slid it. There was a split second--it clicked green. Alfredo smiled.

"That's the ticket."

"Yes, yes, you're a genius," Lucia said with a roll of her eyes, "can we move on?"

The elevator lurched into motion. Alfredo gripped the healing ray, his heart pounding as he wondered what lay on the other side.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th February 2013, 10:53 pm

Henry pulled down his own gas mask, picking past those people left on the floor and depossessing those he found. Most of them were weak, easily pushed out, and for that he was grateful. He was certain things wouldn't stay this easy.

"How long do we have until the gas wears off?" he asked Kropp as they got in the elevator. "Any idea?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2013, 12:04 pm

Kropp looked at Henry, tapping his finger on his chin.
"Hm- considering the filtration system will keep it circulating I say about an hour till it clears the air and another hour, hour and a half until it wears off and people start coming to. But you gotta keep in mind, this stuff disintegrates in heat; and I assume this generator is gonna be hot. So it might not even be effective when we come close." He shrugged, his voice somewhat muffled behind his gas mask. "Then again all of my factors are just informed guesses considering I'm only used to using this stuff in open air."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 9:55 am

"By my calculations, a bit less," Alfredo chimed in. "My usage of sleep gas was based on studying the military's. But that'll be the bad news. Also by my calculations, where we're going is extremely hot, so..."

The elevator halted and the doors opened. Before them a small troupe of soldiers stood at the ready. Alfredo's eyes widened.

"Oh bother..."

"Get down, you fool!" Lucia said, grabbing him and slamming him to the side with her as bullets started blasting in.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 10:30 am

At the elevator doors opening; Kropp immediately ducked.
"Looks like they've been expecting us!" He laughed, lunging for them. He back ended the gun of one out of his hands with his ax, before grabbing another's gun and smashing him in the face with it.
"Henry! Hailey!" He beckons for them as he becomes locked in a struggle with two of them, both using their sabers on him. Ones sword he breaks, but he still manages to lunge for Kropp with the broken metal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 10:40 am

Hailey had put on her gas mask making her look quite suspicious with her leather suit and her red long hair, but that didint matter. Hailey had helped Henry deposses the lesser demons with her own technique when they passed by some.

She than nods when they explain how much time they had, about an hours before they would get locked in.. they had to get this over with fast, they had to get to Helena fast... she though, her expression slightly saddened as her heart dropped, thinking about her friend.

She suddenly got pulled out of her thoughts by the sudden gun shots. She took cover behind a small bit of the wall and checked to confirm that they were possessed, good they were.. time to get this show on the road.

She grinned and materialized two automated arm cannons around her forearms (think Metroid.. xD). While keeping cover she charges the blasts in each cannon, forming holy energy balls that were growing bigger by the second. When she finally hears that some of them have ceased fire due to having to reload, she jolts out of her hiding spot and shoots out the two holy blasts creating a massive holy explosion right as Kropp was about to get hit, wrecking the demons apart but leaving any Human intact.

She instantly goes back to her cover and waits to hear if they were still moving. ''Gotcha Ass holes.. I got your back Kropp '' she says, winking at kropp with a grin as the cannons disappeared.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 11:38 am

Henry dodged to the side as the doors opened, barely missing getting hit and reaching down to pull out the holy gun Alfredo had given him. He tossed the gun into his left hand so he could draw his sword, as Hailey suddenly shot out an explosion of holy.

Most of the men attacking had collapsed, the demons inside them utterly fried, and Henry sniped out those few that she had missed. "Alfredo, come on," he said, straightening and starting forward again.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 12:25 pm

Lucia had pulled out a lightning gun that he'd made for her a while back and returned fire, blasting men. Alfredo pulled out his staff, which earned a disdainful scoff from Lucia.

"Now's not the time for melee weapons, Alf--"

The words died in her throat as a bolt of holy shot out and fried a few men. He raised an eyebrow. "Surely you realize, by now, I don't use anything that simply does one thing."

At Henry's beckoning, he and Lucia moved out of the elevator and onward. There was more trouble on the way, he was sure. The hairs on the back of his neck were rising in a fever pitch.

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 10th February 2013, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 4:56 pm

Kropp lead the way for the rest of it; he knew where the reactor room was. The atmosphere and air grew hot and smoggy, and the plastic and leather mix of his gasmask stuck to his skin. The air grew somewhat dense and murky and Kropp came to face a large, iron double door; where most of the heat was coming from. He grabbed the door handle, and even through his leather gloves he could feel the heat coming from it. He pulled it open to reveal a massive room with what he presumed to be the generator in the far back. He surveyed the room, his eyes coming to rest on the sole figure in the room. It was a rather small figure, sitting in a chair. Through the steam it was difficult to see, but needless to say Kropp started into a sprint, ripping his gas mask off, leaving it to dangle on his neck.
"Helen! Helen!" He shouted, coming to his knees before her and shaking her. "Helen are you alright? We're gonna get out of here." She tilted her head up, her eyes glazed over. It was then he noticed something strange...her aura was..it couldn't be?
"Helen...?" He stood and took a step back. "Helena, are you..?"
A grin stretched across her face, and her eyes adjusted themselves.
"Oh, hello, hello~!" 'Helena' sprang up to stand on the chair, hands on her hips, legs together, but her tone was different. "Glad to see you all came~!" It purred, before giggling.
"Helena..?" Kropp raised his eyebrow, trying his best to deny the aura of possession around her. But he couldn't and instead glared viciously at the creature inside her. "What the fuck have you done with Helena?"
"Oh, I don't know what you mean, Albert? Helena's safe and sound, right in here!" She tapped her head. "She's rather upset though; and wide awake. I wouldn't want her to miss the fun. Ah, Henry!" She turned her gaze over to the man. "Glad to see you made it! Helena missed you quite terribly, you as well, Albert."
"Don't you call me that. You don't have the right to use my fucking name, beast." Kropp growled, his grip on his ax tightening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 5:27 pm

As the mist cleared and they saw Helena possessed, Alfredo blinked in surprise. He cringed inwardly at the wounds she had still bleeding. There was nothing to be done for it.

"Alfredo! What are you doing?!"

He hefted the healing ray and launched a blast at her. Unfortunately, Lucia leapt at him causing the blast to veer off course.

"Have you lost your mind?! She's your friend! She needs help!" Lucia exclaimed incredulously.

"Friend is a strong term," he said. "And I am helping, so bugger off! Can't you see--no, of course you can't. Suffice it to say, Luci, she's not in her right state of mind."

Lucia looked at him as if he'd gone rabid. "I never thought you were this cold, Alfie..." Her face screwed up in determination. "I'll help her!"

"No! Stop! Henry! Grab her!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 5:36 pm

Henry had brought up his gun the moment he saw the black aura around her, his eyes going cold. "Let her go you son of a bitch," he snarled, his sword down at his side.

He heard a bang as Alfie fired, and turned as Lucia got in his way, yelling at him before she turned and started to walk towards Helena. Henry hesitated, and as she started to pass he jumped forward, sweeping her legs out from under her.

He brought his sword down quickly, hovering it over her neck. "Don't go near her or it'll kill you," he hissed.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 5:40 pm

Lucia yelped in surprise, falling on her back. She glared at the sword. "Get that out of my face or you will regret it..." she growled.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 5:41 pm

The demon laughed, hopping down from the chair with a giggle.
"But Henry, I just want to play~" She cooed. "Oh, boo, you're such a killjoy! So is the little girl! She wants you all to leave- new little mousie isn't that rude? They came all this way to see you!" She tapped her head and spoke to herself, a grin on her face. "Oh, but Henry; why would I leave? Now that I have your precious friend, I'm in control now." She backed up towards the generator. "And, I don't recommend you make any moves against me; because then I'll throw her body into the generator and our little party will be over."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 5:41 pm

"If you can swear you won't go near her I can," he said, bring up his gun and blindly pointing it towards the demon holding Helena, his jaw tightening as he mocked them. "That is not Helena, Ms. Lucia. See? Damn it listen to her!"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th February 2013, 6:06 pm

"It's obvious she's not in her right mind, thanks," she spat acidly. "But look at her wounds! She needs immediate treatment!"

"Then give it to her after she's subdued!" Alfredo snapped. "Now, quit being a dingbat!"

Lucia glared fire at the both of them. He cringed. They would both pay for this...

"Fine," she said. "Now move your blasted sword."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 8:12 pm

Henry pulled his sword back and stepped away from her, lifting the gun and holding it steady at the demon. "Don't play games with me, demon," he snapped, keeping his distance. He wouldn't have killed her while they were still searching for him, but now that his audience was here? He couldn't be so sure. "Just... step away from the generator and we can talk like civil gentlemen," he hissed.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 8:19 pm

Helena giggled. "'Gentlemen?' But I'm a girl now, don't you see?" She dragged her hands up her sides, exploring every curve the small body had to offer; running her hands over her chest and finally stopping at her neck. "Lovely, isn't she? Pity far too many have tried her. Isn't that right, little mouse? You'd fuck anything with a pulse, wouldn't you whore?" She giggled, looking back at Henry. "Enough idle chatter, though. It's time to play." With a flick of her wrist the demon sent five balls of demonic energy charging at all of them
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2013, 8:45 pm

Henry dove to the ground as she fired the shots at them, feeling one of them flash across his back and send searing pain down his spine. He swore, raising his holy gun and firing several shots back at her, rolling to his feet and staggering. The blast had burned through the back of his shirt, revealing the mass of scars down his back, and he squeezed off another shot at her. Too strong at the moment for him to exorcise, but if they weakened it enough...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th February 2013, 8:51 pm

Helena twirled in and out of the shots, her previous agility only increased with the demon inside of her. One, however, managed to graze her side and she gave a monsterous hissing noise. She hunched over slightly and chuckled. "What's wrong, Henry? Can't even help one girl? She's begging you to save her; screaming and crying...Why won't you? Or is it just because you can't? The poor thing, putting all her faith in someone as pathetic as you." The demon purred, yet tears began rolling out of its eyes. "Ah, I'm crying- some semblance of emotion is fighting it's way through; isn't that touching?!" The demon started into uproarous laughter, almost slipping over the edge and into the generator, but careening forward just in time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top