Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miletus Roleplay

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 16 Empty Miletus Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 30th November 2012, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chazz recovered quickly from the fairly light hit and was able to balance himself easily. His reaction was to swiftly drive his elbow into Makari's chest.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 16 Empty Re: Miletus Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 19th April 2013, 10:59 pm

"Well, I... I am not so sure a... about that." Raphael didn't think that leaving Makari alone was a good idea. He then realized that the doctor would probably want to know about the man's condition. Nobody hadn't expected him to be able to be up and about so early in his recovery. "D-Darast... can you... can you take care of him w-w-while I go inform the doctor about... how he is d-doing?"

Chazz wasn't sure what to say when Casimir expressed his gratitude, seeming to acknowledge that Chazz had made the decision solely for the boy's well-being. It sounded really stupid when he thought of it that way. "W-well, I had to find somewhere to drop you off. You'd never go off on your own so how else would I get rid of you?" he said a little too quickly.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 19th April 2013, 11:08 pm

Darast knew that Makari was full of it; the guy had been well enough to walk with some assistance and pick at Darast just a moment ago. Raphael then asked Darast to watch Makari while he went to talk with the doctor. As much as Darast hated the thought of being stuck in the room just the two of them, he couldn't say no.

"Sure, no prob," he said, trying to seem at ease.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 19th April 2013, 11:31 pm

Unsurprisingly, the two ignored Makari's carefully considered suggestion. Raphael then said something about going to see the doctor and went off, leaving Makari and Darast alone. Makari eyed the paladin. "So did you... fill your good deed quota for the day by... bringing me back here?"

Casimir wasn't sure why Chazz was stammering, but the man's response wasn't particularly suprising. "Well, it would be stupid for me to go off on my own," he replied indignantly, "especially back into rogue territory."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 19th April 2013, 11:47 pm

As Raphael left the room, he hoped that Darast and Makari would be able to get along just this once. An argument wouldn't solve anything, but Makari seemed to want one anyway. He made his way to the doctor's office and went inside, glad that the man was present at the moment. "Hello, d-doctor..." Raphael greeted him with a small smile. He began to blink excessively. "I... I felt I should update you on... on... on Makari. He... was actually walking th-this morning. Without permission, though..."

"You wouldn't have to go somewhere dangerous. I'm just saying that you would consider even the most peaceful village to be too dangerous," Chazz retorted. "So I would be stuck babysitting you."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 20th April 2013, 12:04 am

Darast grabbed a nearby stool, placed it in front of the door, and took a seat. "Ain't no 'good deed quota', I do as many as I can," he replied tersely, mentally adding that this good deed should count as at least three. It was probably a foreign concept for Makari.

He leaned back and started braiding up his hair, since he hadn't had the chance until now. His hair was particularly wild today and it was putting up a bit of a fight and Darast found himself wondering if Makari had that effect on everything around him.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 20th April 2013, 9:26 am

The doctor looked up when Raphael entered. "Good morning, Raphael," the doctor returned the elf's greeting, listening to what he had to say, raising his eyebrows. "I'm surprised he was able to be up... obviously he should really be resting, but that's on him. What's most impressive here is that your magic was able to have such a strong effect in such a short period of time. How was his condition after being up and about?" The doctor started writing something down.

Makari watched Darast sit down. "I really hope that's... your second language," he said with a mock wince. It was quite a feeble attempt, though. "So do you do... these 'good deeds'... for their own sake? Or is it because... Bahamut wants you to?"

Casimir crossed his arms. "Even the 'most peaceful village' can be dangerous," he insisted. "It only takes one person to make it that way."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 21st April 2013, 12:09 am

"Oh, th-thank you..." Raphael wasn't used to having his magic praised so much. "I... I was v-very surprised to see him up. He... is quite t-t-tired now, but he is d-doing well... considering. I... r-really did not expect such a... a quick recovery."

"Well, judging by the amount of living people around, I don't think it's a huge problem," Chazz argued. "You see, most people can look after themselves." It was pretty obvious that Casimir couldn't make it on his own.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 22nd April 2013, 10:12 pm

Darast ignored Makari's comment, then replied to his question, "Both, I guess. Ya should do good stuff anyways, but knowin' it pleases Bahamut makes it even better."

He finally managed to wrangle his hair into its braid and tie it. He then figured now was as good a time as ever, so he asked, "So, what exactly happened ta you 'n' Chazz out in that forest? Gotta say the scene we came across ain't one I'm gonna forget."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 23rd April 2013, 12:09 pm

The doctor listened to Raphael, jotting down some notes. "Neither did I," he replied. "After reviewing his case, I'm almost sure he wouldn't have survived without your help... as I said yesterday, your abilities would be a great asset to the medical field." He adjusted his glasses and glanced up at the elf. "Have you given that any consideration?"

"Well, yeah, but it's not like every living person has never been attacked before," Casimir pointed out. "It doesn't matter if they can look after themselves or not." That last bit sounded slightly defensive. "All it takes is being caught off guard once."

"Nice copout." Makari then tilted his head at what Darast said next. "Well, we got drunk and then... we got lost in the woods and then... I got sick. I guess I was really... out of it, because I don't remember anything from when... you guys found us." He shrugged.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 23rd April 2013, 6:27 pm

"Ah... w-well I... I'm glad that my powers were so... helpful." At the next thing the doctor said, Raphael didn't know what to say. Nobody had ever said something like that to him before. He had been wondering what it would be like to enter the medical field and he thought he would like it. However, Raphael knew that he couldn't even bring that up with his parents. As much as it interested him, he knew he shouldn't fool himself; it could never be more than an occasional hobby. "I... I... thank you, f-first of all, but... I have other... responsibilities that would n-n-not allow me to... to do that..."

Chazz let out an exasperated sigh. "Ugh, you're just nuts. It's not like people wait outside of your house to attack you. And they definitely don't crawl inside your partially open windows just to 'catch you off guard'."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd April 2013, 7:26 pm

Of course they had gotten drunk and went out into the woods. That should've been the first thing Darast had thought, really. And the rest of their story just went from there. Well, if they hadn't learned their lesson from that then they never would.

Darast just nodded at what Makari said. "Sounds like ya had a blast after ya left us, huh?"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 23rd April 2013, 8:15 pm

The doctor nodded. "I understand. I do remember you mentioning that you're a cleric. Still, if you ever find yourself with the time, I would be willing to train you myself."

"I'm not nuts," Casimir retorted. "And no, but if they find your house appealing they could climb in through the window to rob you."

Makari smiled sweetly. "I did have a blast. Oh, just so you know... languages are meant to be... spoken, not butchered."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd April 2013, 8:37 pm

Darast frowned. "Everyone talks how they want to. There ain't no right or wrong way to say things!"

If there was one thing he hated, it was people who thought he talked wrong. How did anyone know how the Common language was meant to be spoken? Back when he was with the mercenaries, he'd broken a guy's nose for making fun of his accent.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 23rd April 2013, 8:41 pm

"Th-thank you, I... I would be honoured," Raphael replied, giving the man a small smile. "Oh, right... I also w-w-wanted to ask if there was anything... anything specific I sh-should do for Makari at this time." He was a bit relieved to change the topic, as the thought of passing up an opportunity that he liked so much made him a bit sad.

"Oh come on, what would be appealing about your house? It's not like you're rich. Believe me, rogues aren't interested in brats... like you..." Chazz trailed off a bit as he recalled that he had contributed to the boy's fear. His gaze drifted away from Casimir briefly. "Uh... well... it doesn't matter. Your father will be putting up with you anyway."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 23rd April 2013, 8:50 pm

The doctor smiled. He then glanced at his notes before responding to Raphael's question. "Well, you should continue to give him the medicine I left twice a day until it runs out. Apart from that, just make sure he gets plenty of rest and fluids. I'm not sure if he'll have much of an appetite, but you should definitely encourage him to eat."

Casimir frowned. "There's a lot of things in between rich and poor. Maybe my house would be appealing because it's not guarded or anything. A guy tried to mug me before I... ran into you." He bit his lip and his frown deepened at what Chazz said next. Rogues were certainly interested in him and it was because of Chazz. However, the man was attempting to rectify the situation now, so Casimir didn't say anything. "Yeah... that'll be a lot better than living alone," he agreed, glad for the change of subject.

Makari laughed at Darast's intense reaction; it was unexpected. "Yes there is," he replied. "If there wasn't... there wouldn't be these things called.. language rules. Did Bahamut... need a translator when... he spoke to you?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd April 2013, 8:55 pm

"No, he didn't. And ya seem ta be able to understand me just fine so I don't see the problem," Darast said petulantly. He folded his arms and glared at Makari.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 23rd April 2013, 9:05 pm

"V-very well, I will certainly d-d-do that," Raphael replied with a nod. His ears began to twitch. "However... the b-biggest challenge will be... will be keeping him in bed. He d-definitely is an... an active person."

"Yeah... I think it would be best." Chazz felt awkward for bringing up the kidnapping subject. Casimir hadn't exactly had any pleasant experiences with rogues, which wouldn't help him trust them any more. "We just need to find out exactly where he's living... you don't have any idea, do you?"
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 23rd April 2013, 9:24 pm

"He sounds like it," the doctor said. "All you can really do is advise him, though. If he chooses to ignore you, that's his choice. However, you could make him less restless with a sedative."

Casimir shook his head. "No, I don't... I haven't heard from him at all since he left. I don't think he'd go too far though, because I remember that his job contacts were all concentrated in our region."

"I'm a great..." Makari started coughing. "A great linguist. I can understand... anyone. But I guess... being a paladin doesn't... require much. You've just gotta be able to... rant about goodness and light, right?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd April 2013, 9:54 pm

"Ya need to spread goodness and light! And yeah, ya can talk about it, but actions speak louder 'n words. Helpin' people 'n' not askin' fer anythin' in return, that sorta stuff," Darast replied.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 23rd April 2013, 10:50 pm

"I suppose it... it is his ch-ch-choice. But a sedative may b-be useful." Raphael hadn't thought of that, but it would definitely help Makari get more rest. "Judging b-b-by the way he was today... it... it may be necessary. So... would your s-sedatives just... make him lose c-c-consciousness? I... I assume it would n-not be d-d-difficult to administer... unless he be-becomes stubborn."

"Okay, I figured we'd be going that way," Chazz said. The information was no more useful than what Makari had, but there wasn't much else they could do. "Well, we'll find him. Makari and I were trained to do this sort of thing."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 23rd April 2013, 11:33 pm

The doctor shook his head. "No, I wouldn't give him such a strong sedative on top of the medicine he's already taking because it might be hard on his system. I'll give you one that will make him drowsy." He pondered for a moment. "If you have trouble administering it, you could try mixing it into food or a drink."

Casimir smiled at Chazz's reassurance. "Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to find him... he'd definitely be in a city, too. A village or something would be inconvenient for his job."

Makari was amused by how riled up Darast was getting. "You're weird." He shook his head. "Do paladins also... have to lecture people... in a serious tone of voice... at least five times a day?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd April 2013, 11:55 pm

"Where d'you even get that stuff from?" Darast asked, clearly starting to get exasperated. He wondered how much longer he'd have to sit there with this guy; Raphael should be along soon to help out, right?
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 24th April 2013, 5:03 pm

"Oh, I see. That s-s-sounds like a good... plan. He... he really needs th-the rest." Raphael didn't think it was exactly moral to sedate Makari without his consent, but it would do him more good than harm. "Perhaps I... w-w-will take the sedative w-w-with me now, so I will... so I will not have to d-disturb you later."

"That sounds like a safe bet," Chazz agreed. "I don't know when we'll be able to start the search, though. Makari is far from being able to travel, so we'll be stuck here for a while."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 24th April 2013, 6:04 pm

"Yes, of course," the doctor replied. He stood and walked to a cupboard, handing Raphael a bottle of liquid and a small spoon. "All you'll need is one spoonful."

Casimir nodded. Makari had been in awful shape when they'd found him, so it wasn't surprising. "Yeah, he looked really bad when we found you guys..." He remembered Chazz talking about poisoning the man with mushrooms and shifted uncomfortably. "If he was up today, he must already be feeling a lot better though."

"I get it from... you," Makari replied. "I don't think... I've heard you say two sentences... without a lecture in there somewhere. You don't spread goodness and light... you spread boredom and joylessness."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 25th April 2013, 11:39 am

"Maybe there's a reason fer that, y'know? A paladin tries to help those who need helpin'," Darast replied. He then sighed; he didn't know why he tried with this guy anymore.

Elsewhere, Nadina was awoken by Yuki licking her face. She pushed him away and giggled, then got up. She knew he wouldn't wait for her to go through her entire morning routine, so she quickly got dressed and pulled her hair back in a ponytail.

She opened her door and Yuki shot out. He went running down the hall and Nadina couldn't keep up. "Yuki! Wait!" she called.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top