Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miletus Roleplay

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 17 Empty Miletus Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 30th November 2012, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chazz recovered quickly from the fairly light hit and was able to balance himself easily. His reaction was to swiftly drive his elbow into Makari's chest.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 17 Empty Re: Miletus Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 25th April 2013, 5:13 pm

"Oh, th-thank you very much," Raphael said as he accepted the bottle. He examined the liquid inside before slipping it and the spoon into his pocket. "I... I will make sure not to... not to give him t-t-t-too much. Hopefully he w-w-will feel like... feel like eating something."

"Well, he shouldn't have been up," Chazz said, sounding rather annoyed. "He's very sick and what he needs to do is rest. He'll make himself worse if he doesn't just stay put." He barely remembered telling Casimir something about Makari's illness, but he decided it would be best to leave it at 'sick' for now.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 25th April 2013, 6:30 pm

"I hope so too... I would recommend offering him something light like a simple soup. You can mix the sedative right into it," the doctor explained. "Plus, it would give him some fluids."

"Oh... he just got up even though he wasn't supposed to." Casimir recalled Chazz telling him the previous night that he and Makari had always been close, so it made sense that he was frustrated with his friend's carelessness. "That sounds like a bad idea, but then again, so was the omelette thing." Casimir was clearly still bitter about that.

"Those who need helping... and those who don't," Makari pointed out. "Does anyone ever... talk to you voluntarily?"

By the time Elyse left her room, it was apparent that everyone else was up and about. She supposed she should start making breakfast, so she started to head toward the kitchen. On the way, Yuki whizzed by her. "Whoa!" She heard Nadina calling after the wolf and lingered in case the girl needed help. She knew how excited canines could get in new places.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 25th April 2013, 11:43 pm

"Of course they do!" Darast said, exasperated. "Everyone's different, y'know? Just 'cause you think I'm bad company don't mean other people think I am. To be honest I dunno why anyone would want to 'talk to you voluntarily' either."

As she chased after Yuki, Nadina found Elyse was out in the hall. She figured she wasn't going to catch him at this rate, so she stopped and said, "I do not know what has gotten into that wolf. Would you mind assisting me with him?"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 26th April 2013, 1:50 am

"Th-that is a... great idea," Raphael said, nodding. "I... I do not think he has had the ch-ch-chance to drink much... water. He had d-difficulties keeping anything... anything... anything down yesterday, but if he c-c-could walk today... he m-must have improved."

Chazz nodded at the first thing Casimir said, and sighed when he brought up the omelettes. "Well, the worst part about that was your omelette. It actually made us physically ill." He wished he hadn't recalled that particular memory. "Hopefully your dad can cook."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 26th April 2013, 6:09 pm

"That's what I'm thinking," the doctor agreed. "Either way, he needs to eat and drink if he hopes to be well again. I'm sure you'll manage just fine."

Casimir frowned when Chazz complained about his omelette. "I've never had an omelette before so I didn't know how to make it. Besides, it's not like I wanted to make one. Makari forced us." He pondered what Chazz said next. "I'm sure he can. Plus, I can always get better at it."

"Hey now... that's not a very... paladinny thing to say." Makari shook his head. "Bahamut is crying somewhere."

"Yeah, that's no problem." Elyse smiled at Nadina and went after Yuki with her. "I think he's probably just excited about all the new smells around here."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 27th April 2013, 1:47 am

"Bahamut don't look favourably on people who purposely spread chaos and crap," Darast replied. He was getting to the end of his rope and really hoped someone would come along to relieve him soon.

Nadina continued down the hall with Elyse. "Yes, I imagine he is. He has never been too far from the mansion so being somewhere like this has piqued his curiosity."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 27th April 2013, 2:28 pm

"Th-thank you, sir. You have... you have been v-very kind," Raphael said with a smile. "I... will go prepare the... th-the soup now. Later t-t-today, I will update you on... on... on his condition... unless you will h-have time to check in."

Chazz rolled his eyes when Casimir said he had no idea how make something as simple as an omelette. "Well, he'll teach you, I'm sure. He'll probably fear for your future after he sees the way you cook."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 27th April 2013, 3:20 pm

The doctor nodded. "I will try to check in," he replied. "I can't make you run around all day. Good luck with everything. If anything abnormal happens, you can always come find me."

Casimir pouted and opened his mouth to retort. However, Chazz was right; his cooking really needed work. "Yeah, well... at least I'll learn eventually. You probably didn't learn overnight."

"I'm not spreading... chaos," Makari insisted. "I'm lying in bed... having a civil chat... besides, what if I wasn't... doing it on purpose? What if I had a mental... disorder? Bet you'd feel... like a dick--" At that point, Makari's nose started to bleed. He didn't appear particularly concerned though.

Elyse smiled. "I think it's good for him," she said. "The more places he sees, the more adaptable he'll be as he gets older. See, that's at least one good thing that came out of travelling with us."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 28th April 2013, 12:54 am

Darast rolled his eyes, this guy was impossible. He was about to open his mouth to say something when he noticed the blood coming from Makari's nose. He stood up and paused; he didn't really know what do for a nosebleed or what it meant for someone in Makari's condition.

"Uh... Yer nose," was all he managed to say.

Nadina weighed what Elyse said. "I suppose so." As they walked a bit further, she sighed. "If I did not want to see my father so badly, I would never have done this at all. It has been just as bad as I imagined it would be."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 28th April 2013, 2:41 am

"Ah yes, of c-c-course," Raphael said, nodding. "Have a... a nice d-day." He left the doctor's office and headed to the kitchen. Upon arriving, however, he realized that he really didn't know much about making soup. It couldn't be too hard, though. All he had to do was cut up some vegetables and cook them in water. Raphael found a knife and started accumulating ingredients.

"Well no, I didn't," Chazz admitted. "I was taught when I was a kid, and then I learned over time. I guess you'll just start that process now." He supposed the kid's mother had made him afraid of going near the stove when he was younger or something like that. "First bit of advice: your fried egg should never drip."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 28th April 2013, 2:56 pm

Casimir nodded, listening closely to Chazz's advice. He thought about it for a moment. "Oh, that makes sense... if it drips it must mean it's not fully cooked, right? Because raw eggs are practically liquid. I'll keep that in mind." He paused before adding, "I think parts of my omelette were dripping..."

Makari blinked, crossing his eyes to look down at his nose. He was going to say something about how it had stopped on its own last time this happened, but he decided messing with the paladin would be more fun. "Yeah... it's on my face... where it belongs."

Elyse supposed Nadina's lifestyle didn't leave her with a very high threshold for things being bad, but aside from finding Chazz and Makari in the state they did, she didn't think it had been that awful. "What's been so bad about it?" she asked, trying to understand where the girl was coming from.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 28th April 2013, 9:40 pm

"No! Er, well yeah, but I mean under yer nose. It's bleedin'!" Darast said, clearly flustered. "Does yer head feel funny or anythin'?"

"What has been so bad? The constant walking, for one. My feet have been nothing but sore and blistered. Secondly, this group is too easily distracted. I could have arrived at my destination by now; my father is not likely to be too pleased," Nadina explained. "I understand that you somehow know these... people, and they needed help, but..."

It bothered her to no end that she was stuck here waiting. She wanted to get moving, she wanted to do anything but sit around here.

Yuki ran through the building, taking in everything around him. He headed in the direction that he'd gotten food yesterday. When he got there, no one was there but he heard someone in the next room over. He went in and saw one of the people he and his master had been travelling with; they seemed to be doing something with food. He went over and jumped up against them to see what they were doing.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 28th April 2013, 10:11 pm

Raphael had nearly finished cutting up the vegetables when he heard someone, or something, approaching. As he turned toward the sound, a wolf suddenly jumped up against him. "Aaah! Shit!" he cried out in surprise. Raphael recognized that it was Yuki so at least it was a trained wolf, and a young one at that. It had still been quite alarming, though. "Oh... um... h-hello. Does your o-o-owner know that you... that you a-are here?"

Chazz couldn't believe that Casimir had taken his 'advice' as if it were some great lesson. "You idiot, that's common sense. You shouldn't need to be told that cooking food means making it not raw."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 28th April 2013, 10:30 pm

Casimir flushed red when Chazz broke things down for him even more. "Yeah, well... I knew that," he said indignantly. "But some things drip when they're cooked, so dripping doesn't always mean it's raw."

"Oh... it is? I couldn't really see anything... but my vision's really fuzzy... and my face is starting to feel numb... I... it's part of the side effects of the medicine... right?" Makari widened his eyes and bit his lip as he spoke, trying to look anxiety-ridden.

"My feet used to hurt when I started travelling long distances too," Elyse assured Nadina. "It's something your body becomes accustomed to with time, which means it will stop eventually." She looked a bit bothered when Nadina said her father wouldn't be pleased; she wasn't really looking forward to having a presumably wealthy man angry with their group. "I'm sure your father could understand the need to help those guys, right? Judging by how much you're looking forward to seeing him, it sounds like he's a good man."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 30th April 2013, 2:49 pm

It sounded like Makari was going downhill fast, and Darast had no idea what to do. He couldn't leave him to go get Raphael or the doctor, so he stayed there and tried not to look as panicked as he felt.

"U-uh, well, did this happen before? D-did they tell ya what to do if this kinda thing h-happened?" he asked.

Elyse talked about getting used to travelling like that, which Nadina didn't plan on doing since she didn't plan to travel like this all that often, if ever again. She then commented on Nadina's father and Nadina replied, "If you explain your case I imagine he would. It has just... been so long since we have seen each other..."

Just then, she heard what sounded like Raphael exclaiming in that way he does sometimes. "Did you hear that? What is his problem?"

Yuki nosed the Elf's arm, not alarmed by his random outburst. He was very curious about the things on the counter and he moved over to it so he could sniff them.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 30th April 2013, 4:01 pm

"No, no, no... um, Y-Yuki, those are... those are not f-f-for you." Raphael was a bit nervous about trying to control the wolf. It was possible that he didn't like strangers forcing him. "Get a-a-away from the food." He tried to sound stern.

"Oh, you mean like soup, stew, chowder, and any other kind of liquid food?" Chazz said, rolling his eyes. "Do you listen to yourself?"
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 30th April 2013, 6:36 pm

"O-oh... right," Makari nodded, making it look like he was too frazzled to really gather his thoughts. "I think... I think they said... 'paladins are as gullible as they look.'" With that, he started laughing, but ended up coughing. "It's fine... it happened before... and it stopped on its own."

"I see..." Elyse nodded. "I can understand why you're eager to see him--" She heard Raphael at the same time as Nadina. "Well... he can't help the things he says. They're tics. But it sounds like something happened. We should probably go see." She started walking toward the kitchen.

"Not just those things," Casimir replied, though he didn't offer any alternatives. "Of course I listen to myself. It's not like I'm an idiot."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 2nd May 2013, 12:35 am

Darast stood there and glared at Makari. The guy could have legitimately had a problem, but no, he was up to his usual tricks. Maybe next time something would really happen and Darast wouldn't be so quick to believe him. He sat back down on his seat in front of the door and didn't say a word.

Nadina went along with Elyse until they got to the kitchen. There, she saw Raphael looking a little flustered with Yuki standing up against the counter. He seemed to be checking out whatever was there. Nadina stamped her foot and said, "Yuki! Down boy!"

The wolf looked at Raphael when he spoke, but didn't actually move until he heard Nadina's voice. He then got down and happily trotted over to her.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 2nd May 2013, 9:37 pm

Raphael wasn't sure what to do when the wolf didn't listen to him. However, before he had to try to make him move again, Nadina arrived. "Oh, th-th-thank you, um... N-Nadina," he said, smiling. He then saw that Elyse was there as well. "And... and good morning, both of you. Um... d-d-did you sleep well?"

Chazz sighed. "Yeah, right..." He was going to continue, but he was starting to feel very nauseous. The feeling had been there all morning and had just become quite intense. The first thing Chazz thought to do was go to the window, which he did as quickly as his weakened state would allow. He threw it open and puked out the opening. "I'm going to keep this open for some fresh air... don't worry, if assassins try to climb in to kill you... they'll regret it." He vomited again.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 2nd May 2013, 11:23 pm

Makari grinned. "If I knew... I could make you stop... talking about how good you think you are... just like that, I'd have... done that sooner..." He wiped at his nose a bit, but didn't seem distressed yet.

Elyse supposed it wasn't surprising that Yuki had gone for the food; animals tended to do that. She then smiled at Raphael. "I slept well, thanks. How are you? Have you had a chance to check on Makari yet today?"

Casimir felt uneasy when Chazz opened the window, but he supposed it would be difficult for anyone to get in with Chazz puking out of it. Regardless, he made sure he wasn't in line with the window at all. "Why do you even have to do that in the first place?" he complained. "Why can't you just throw up in a bucket like a normal person?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th May 2013, 1:49 pm

Completely fed up with Makari, Darast kept his mouth shut. He wasn't going to bite and give this guy anything else to work with. He folded his arms and stared straight ahead.

Nadina rubbed Yuki's head, then replied to Raphael, "I slept well enough." As Elyse was asking about Makari, Nadina looked at the assortment of vegetables and things on the counter and wondered what the Elf had been up to.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 6th May 2013, 2:37 pm

"I... am d-doing well," Raphael replied. "Ah, well... yes, I s-saw Makari. After Darast a-a-and I found him, that is. He h-had gotten up on... on his... on his own and went to Chazz's room. He h-h-has energy, however... he sh-should not have been up at all."

Chazz looked back at Casimir and rolled his eyes. "This was closer than a bucket and I need fresh air anyway. Also, I don't have an irrational fear of people climbing into windows," he said pointedly.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 6th May 2013, 4:27 pm

Makari seemed satisfied with Darast's obvious frustration. He looked around, not really feeling like sleeping, especially not with his nose bleeding.

Elyse facepalmed. "Why am I not surprised? It's good that you got him back though... what are you making?"

"There's a bucket right there," Casimir pointed out. He turned red when Chazz made a jab at his fears. "It doesn't have anything to do with that. It's just disgusting!"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th May 2013, 8:38 pm

Nadina was uninterested in what Elyse and Raphael were talking about, and Yuki seemed to be getting restless, so she said, "If you will excuse me, I must be taking Yuki outside."

She turned and headed back out of the room, though Yuki looked back at the food on the counter a couple times and she had to remind him to come along. They made their way outside and wandered around near the building.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 6th May 2013, 9:39 pm

"Oh, um... s-s-see you later," Raphael said to Nadina as she left. He then turned his attention to Elyse. "This... is a soup f-f-for Makari. The d-doctor suggested that he... that he e-e-eat something simple like this." He then noticed that he water he had been heating up was boiling. Raphael threw the cut up vegetables and some seasonings he had found into it. He watched the soup for a bit and stirred it a couple of times. "M-m-must be almost done..." he mumbled. It wasn't of course, but Raphael didn't know anything about cooking. He took out the small bottle and put a spoonful of the contents into the soup. "This... is a s-sedative. For Makari. It sh-sh-should help him rest."

Chazz ignored the fact that a bucket was sitting right there; he actually hadn't noticed it at all. "Come on, you can't even say that without turning red." Despite what he was saying, he closed the window. "There. Will you be quiet now?"
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top