Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miletus Roleplay

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 18 Empty Miletus Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 30th November 2012, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chazz recovered quickly from the fairly light hit and was able to balance himself easily. His reaction was to swiftly drive his elbow into Makari's chest.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Miletus Roleplay - Page 18 Empty Re: Miletus Roleplay

Post by sagiri 6th May 2013, 10:07 pm

"Yeah, that's probably the best thing for him," Elyse agreed. It seemed like it would be easy on his stomach while still being nutritious. She watched Raphael spoon the sedative in. "I see... you don't think he'll rest without it?" She paused, then shook her head. "Actually, I can see why you'd think that." She could tell that Raphael, unsurprisingly, didn't know much about cooking. "It probably needs a few more minutes," she suggested. "You'll be able to tell that it's done when the broth thins a bit."

"I didn't turn red," Casimir grumbled, turning redder still. He looked relieved when Chazz closed the window and then nudged the bucket closer to the man. He recalled his own hangover experience. "Do you want water or something? It might help you not have to throw up so much, since no one wants to hear that."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 7th May 2013, 10:02 pm

After Yuki had finished doing his thing, he and Nadina re-entered the building. They passed by a room with the door slightly open and she saw Darast was sitting in front of it. Yuki decided he was going to visit, so he moved in next to Darast and rubbed his head on the man's arm.

Darast had been so preoccupied with trying to ignore Makari that he didn't notice the wolf walk in next to him. When he felt something touch his arm, he started and almost fell off his seat and made a small noise. Nadina giggled and Yuki gave Darast a confused look. Darast composed himself and rubbed the wolf on the head, though his expression was clearly disgruntled.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 8th May 2013, 12:11 am

Raphael nodded. "Yes... he is t-t-too weak to be... to be up... and yet he was." He could tell that Elyse understood. She then gave him some advice on his soup. "Oh, really? Th-th-thanks... I really have n-not done this much."

After a few minutes, it seemed that it had cooked long enough. Raphael poured the soup into a bowl and then went to Makari's room along with Elyse. He was a bit surprised to meet Nadina and Yuki there as well. "Oh, h-hello... seems like e-e-everyone wants to... wants to visit." He passed by her and smiled at Darast on his way. Raphael's attention lingered on the paladin for a bit; something seemed to be wrong. As he was thinking of that, he got a good look at Makari for the first time. "M-M-Makari!" He hurried to his side, concerned. "Your n-nose... what happened?"

"Look, I don't need any help," Chazz said as he made his way back to the bed and sat on the end of it. He was feeling much less nauseous now, but he still felt quite off. "And if you don't want to hear it, nobody's forcing you to stay here, you know."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 8th May 2013, 12:35 am

Makari watched the wolf enter the room. "Who's that...? Your smarter, better looking... brother?" he asked Darast.

Elyse went with Raphael to Makari's room and was surprised to see that almost everyone had congregated there. Darast looked unhappy, but at least Makari was actually in bed. However, he appeared to have a nosebleed. Elyse frowned in concern as Raphael addressed him.

Makari looked up at the elf, giving him a pitiful gaze. "Well... the paladin over there punched me... in the face. I was... just trying to lighten him up and I guess he didn't... like my methods."

Casimir glanced at Chazz, feeling oddly bothered by the last thing he said. "Fine," he replied shortly, looking away. "Sorry I asked."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 8th May 2013, 6:43 pm

When Elyse and Raphael showed up, Nadina moved aside to let them through. Raphael asked about Makari's nose and his answer was surprising. She thought paladins were supposed to protect the weak and injured, and for the short amount of time she'd known her cousin he'd seemed to stick to paladin things quite closely.

Darast was taken off-guard by Makari's false accusation. After the shock had worn off, he stood up and said, "Yer fulla shit." He then left the room, pushed past Nadina, and stormed down the hall.

Nadina watched him go, then turned back to the room to see what would happen. She noticed Yuki leave the room and head the same way Darast went.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 9th May 2013, 2:27 am

"Wh-what...?" Raphael wasn't expecting to hear that from Makari at all. He then watched Darast's reaction. It seemed like something had happened in there before Raphael's arrival, but he wasn't inclined to believe that it involved the paladin punching Makari. "Um... I d-d-do not believe Darast would... would do s-such a thing," he said. "He d-did not... correct?" Raphael certainly hoped not, anyway.

Chazz was a bit surprised by Casimir's reaction. It seemed as if what he had told the kid really bothered him, which made Chazz feel a pang of guilt. He had totally ignored the fact that Casimir just wanted to help him, even after everything that had happened. "Well... if you're going to stay, you should make yourself useful," he said. "Why don't you go get me a glass of water? I might need it."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 9th May 2013, 7:55 pm

Makari was amazed by the reactions he got; he'd been expecting eyerolls at best. He watched Darast leave in a huff and then glanced at Raphael. "Well... I didn't punch myself," he replied, wondering if he could get the elf to buy it.

Elyse sighed. She doubted that Darast would have punched Makari; when Casimir had punched Chazz, the paladin had seemed pretty bothered by the violent action. The man left the room, no doubt having heard enough from Makari by now. Elyse decided to follow him to make sure everything was okay. She actually didn't know Makari that well. For all she knew, he could have done something legitimately awful. "Darast? What happened?" she called after him.

Casimir was a bit surprised by Chazz's response; he had been half expecting the man to insist that he leave. Instead, Chazz asked for what the boy had offered in the first place. "Yeah, I think you definitely will," Casimir agreed. He remembered that much from his hangover. "I'll be right back." He hurried to get the glass of water and then gave it to Chazz when he returned. "Hopefully it helps... why isn't there a medication for hangovers?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 9th May 2013, 8:12 pm

Darast didn't know where he was going, he just wanted to get away from that room. He had made it a little ways before he heard Elyse calling after him. She was probably the best person to talk to right about now, she was always so sensible. He stopped and turned around to face her.

"Well, he was bein' his usual impossible self. Then his nose started bleedin' and he acted like there was somethin' wrong with him. Scared the livin' daylights outta me, y'know? But it turned out to be his usual bullshit. I dunno why I waste my time on him, to be honest," Darast explained. "Even Bahamut would lose his patience with him."

Back at the room, Nadina hung around the door, waiting to see where this was going. She looked from Raphael to Makari, unsure if he was actually telling the truth.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 9th May 2013, 8:59 pm

Raphael examined Makari's nose. The man seemed to insist he had been punched, but it really didn't look like it. He frowned. "Y-y-you need to be serious a-about this... we are trying to... to help you." Raphael offered Makari the soup and a spoon. "You should eat th-th-this to get some strength. And b-b-be sure to tell us... if... if something is actually wrong." Raphael seemed a bit unhappy.

Chazz took the glass from Casimir and took a sip of water. "Well, there already is medication for pain and nausea." Chazz found that just drinking again in the morning was the easiest way to get rid of it, though. "But water works well enough."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 9th May 2013, 9:42 pm

Elyse listened to Darast, looking annoyed when she heard about Makari's antics. "That's just stupid to do in his condition," she said with a sigh. "There could have been something severely wrong. You did the best you could; people like him just don't learn." Makari struck her as someone who didn't care much about anyone, including himself.

Makari didn't understand why Raphael and Darast had gotten so upset; it was their own choice to take him seriously when most people knew better. "Well, I thought it was funny..." he replied, looking amused, before accepting the soup. "Hey, thanks... it smells good." Makari began slowly eating the soup. "Yeah... don't worry. If something's actually wrong... you'll know it." After finishing the soup, Makari's head was starting to feel kind of foggy.

"Yeah, water helped back when I had one... but it was still miserable." Casimir made a face as he thought back. "I don't understand why people--like you--drink alcohol knowing that's going to happen."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th May 2013, 10:29 pm

"You'd think he'd learn after goin' through somethin' like this," Darast said, shaking his head. "But there just ain't no helpin' him. He ain't doin' himself any favours, that's for sure."

He stood there for a moment, then said, "Anyways, I ain't goin' back to that room right now," and added jokingly, "or he could end up with a real punch to the nose, if he wants one so bad."

Nadina thought it was quite unsavoury for Makari to think something like that was funny. She decided she'd seen enough of this, so she turned to leave and realized Yuki was gone. It seemed like she couldn't keep track of the wolf at all in this place. However, she looked down the hall and saw he was hanging around Darast, who was talking with Elyse. Why Yuki had gone with them was beyond her, so she headed toward them to collect him once again.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 11th May 2013, 11:19 pm

Raphael was a bit happier when Makari became more serious and ate his soup. "You're w-welcome. I... hope it's good." His ears began to twitch. When the man had finished the soup, Raphael took the bowl and studied Makari for any sign of the sedative taking effect. He then realized that he was probably watching him way too much and it probably seemed odd, so he diverted his attention a little. "So... d-d-do you feel... are you feeling any better?"

Chazz didn't really like the question that Casimir was bringing up. "Hey, I like it, so I'm going to drink it. I've dealt with worse than hangovers anyway."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 11th May 2013, 11:50 pm

"I don't blame you," Elyse replied. "He seems like he's easier to take in small doses." She laughed at what he said next. "Well, he couldn't say he didn't ask for it." It was then she noticed the wolf and looked up at Nadina approaching. "I think Yuki feels right at home here."

Makari's head was in a haze, but he wasn't bothered by it. On the contrary, it felt quite pleasant. He gave Raphael a dopey smile. "I feel better... for sure... I feel great, actually... you're a good guy to have around." He stretched languidly, enjoying the way his muscles felt.

Casimir recalled their time together in the cabin after having been kidnapped by the rogues. He wished that hangovers were the worst things both of them had ever had to go through, but he didn't say it out loud. "I guess... I have to admit that the wine did taste good."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 12th May 2013, 10:03 pm

"Huh, didn't even notice him," Darast replied as Elyse made note of the wolf.

When Nadina made it to them, she said, "I am here to collect my wolf. He seems to keep running off on me."

Darast looked at Yuki, then back at Nadina. "Y'know, maybe ya should try lettin' him do what he wants more. I don't think anyone here is gonna hurt him and he doesn't seem like he'll hurt anyone either, so maybe ya could let him roam as he pleases."

Nadina didn't look too pleased with that suggestion. "He is my companion. Where I go, he goes."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 12th May 2013, 10:56 pm

Raphael didn't need to talk to Makari to find out that the sedative was working. "That's g-g-good to hear... and, um.. th-thank you." He waited for a moment longer, wondering if he would need to stay. Makari seemed to be doing fine and would probably fall asleep soon anyway. "Well... I am g-going to... to go, for now. I w-w-will check on you l-later," Raphael assured him before leaving the room and heading for the kitchen.

"Yeah." Chazz nodded; he had to agree that wine was good. However, he still wasn't really enjoying the conversation and he couldn't help but wonder about Makari's condition. Chazz got up from the bed. "Well, I'm going to go check on Makari now. I guess I'll be back, since I don't really have my own room."

As Chazz left the room and walked down the hall, he found that he still felt quite weak. He was also feeling generally unwell from the hangover, but it wasn't too bad. After a little searching, Chazz found Makari's room and went inside. "Makari, how are you doing?" He could tell already that he was better than yesterday, but something about him didn't seem quite right. Chazz sat down in a chair near the bed. "Do you feel all right?"
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 12th May 2013, 11:14 pm

"Okay, thanks..." Makari watched Raphael leave. He was starting to feel quite heavy, like he was sinking into the mattress. It was as if there was a perfect, Makari-shaped indent in which he was laying, one that he never wanted to get out of. He sighed contentedly.

"Oh, okay," Casimir said. There were other rooms, but he was sure that Chazz was already aware of that so he didn't bother to say it, not wanting to open another discussion about his IQ. He waited until Chazz had left before leaving the room as well; for once, he wasn't feeling completely drained. He was, however, feeling hungry, so he decided to try to search for the kitchen.

"Oh..." Elyse shrugged. "Well, there aren't any doors open or anything, so he's not going to be able to stray too far anyway."

In spite of his grogginess, Makari's face lit up when he saw Chazz enter and sit down. "Yeah... I'm feeling... much better. I'm even happier now... because you came to visit me... the paladin drives me nuts... but you, you're my best friend... so I'm glad you're here." His speech was slightly slurred and his eyelids slowly fluttered every so often.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 14th May 2013, 10:04 pm

"Oh, whatever," Nadina said, exasperated. "How much longer will we be here, anyway?"

Darast shrugged. "Uh, I dunno. I just hope it won't be long enough that I end up on Makari duty again."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 14th May 2013, 11:13 pm

Chazz was a bit surprised to hear what Makari had to say. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought that the guy was drunk. "Uh, thanks... you're my friend, too." Makari was getting really sappy with him, which wasn't something that Chazz usually enjoyed. However, he was very relieved to see Makari's huge improvement from the day before. "So... I'm glad that you're feeling better. But... is there any reason why you seem drunk right now?" It sounded like Darast had visited, but that didn't really answer any questions.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 14th May 2013, 11:35 pm

"We'll try to make sure that doesn't happen," Elyse assured Darast. It was apparent that he and Makari would never get along. "I'm not sure how long we'll be here though."

Casimir spotted the others as he was trying--and failing--to navigate his way to the kitchen. He realized he should probably let them know that he was going to be going with Chazz and Makari after this. "Uh... good morning," he greeted them, offering a small smile.

"Aww... I love you, Chazzy," Makari said, his smile widening. "Hmm... well I started feeling... funny after I ate soup... ah, dammit. That elf... that elf must be trying to drug me." Makari huffed, but didn't actually seem all that upset.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 16th May 2013, 2:00 pm

"Yeah...." Darast replied. He then heard Casimir's voice and turned around. He smiled back at the kid and said, "Mornin'. How ya doin'?"

Nadina watched Casimir approach and didn't say anything. However she didn't give him a friendly look either. She figured he wasn't just there to see how their days have been.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 16th May 2013, 3:13 pm

"Uh... yeah..." Chazz didn't know how to respond to the first thing Makari said. He clearly wasn't in his right mind, but it still made him feel awkward. Chazz decided not to comment on it. "Oh, so they drugged your soup?" He supposed that made sense, seeing as Makari wasn't the type to sit still and rest. It was a bit of a relief to know that he would probably be going to sleep soon instead of roaming around. "Good."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 16th May 2013, 3:30 pm

"I'm doing okay," Casimir replied to Darast. "I can't find the kitchen... but that's all right because there's something I need to tell you, anyway." He paused; he really had no idea how they would take this. Maybe they'd be glad to be rid of him, maybe they wouldn't. Inhaling, he said, "I'm going to go with Chazz and Makari after Makari gets better. They're going to help me find my father so I can go live with him."

"Yeah... they... they drugged it... s'not good, you silly Chazzy..." Makari's voice was becoming weaker and it was apparent that he was struggling to keep his eyes open. "It's... it's... yeah..."
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 16th May 2013, 7:52 pm

Darast nodded as Casimir spoke, then stopped as he realized what he was saying. "Wait... yer what?! Listen, I know how much ya like Chazz, but.... I don't think that's the best arrangement fer ya. I mean, they can barely look after themselves, just look at 'em. Makari almost died."

There was no way he could let Casimir go with them in good conscience. They were irresponsible and drunkards, and Casimir was as dependent as a five year old. There were a hundred bad scenarios he could think of right off hand. He frowned and shook his head.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 16th May 2013, 8:16 pm

Chazz could tell that Makari wouldn't be able to stay awake much longer. He didn't mind though; he was just glad to see that his friend was all right. "Yeah... it's yeah. Okay, so I'll just let you sleep." Chazz stood up. "Do you... need anything?" As he asked that, however, he realized that there wasn't much point.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 16th May 2013, 8:38 pm

Casimir's face fell at Darast's reaction. He didn't think the paladin could force him to stay behind, but he wasn't sure. "Well, yeah... but that only happened because they got lost in the woods," he replied. "We'd be going to a city. Besides... what am I going to do once we get to elven territory? I don't know anyone there. I'd rather be with my father."

"Mhm... I need... you to always... be there... let's never get separated... agai--" With that, Makari was out like a light.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top