Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Ilkairteon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Ilkairteon Empty City: Ilkairteon

Post by JerriLeah7 15th June 2013, 11:55 am

City:  Ilkairteon Xm8wpe

City Name: Ilkairteon (Ill - care - tey - own)
Country/Territory: Belliussi
Government Style: Democracy
Population: 5,734 Registered Residents
Tech Level: Average -- Large reliance on Ether Technology
Trade: Railways, Transportation, Hub System

Ilkairteon is often called the "Gate Through Which Trade Travels."  Though Ilkairteon itself does not produce much or have many outstanding products, it acts as the major gateway for most ground trade, as well as Airship travel.  It is due to the many mountain ranges throughout the area that most trade has to be done through this channel, as Ilkairteon sits well placed--as a pearl within a clam.  The city always clamors with the noise and rattling of trains, trucks, and the hums of Airship engines.  Ilkairteon's people live in fairly old and rustic buildings, despite what one would think from a town bursting at the seams with wealth and money.

The lower level of Ilkairteon (locally called the ground level) is a sprawling maize of pavilions, tents, and stalls as everyone, it seems, on Aria tries to sell, transport, and trade their goods here.  The larger buildings home many of the trade guilds and their residents of Ilkairteon.  Entire sections of this city are dedicated and ran by the trades guilds, producing the finest Airships, vehicles, trains, trolleys, and even motorbikes.  Much of the money that Ilkairteon produces goes back in to its reliance on Ether, which it does not readily produce itself.  From coming to get away from something to flee the devil chasing at your heels, to go out and find a new beginning, you will know that Ilkairteon is definitely the place that you are in search of--as it can get you to any place that you might ever hope to go.

Though Ilkairteon is most lively during the day, many of its businesses never truly stop at night.  After all, the flow of trade waits on no man and no coin can be left uncounted.  However, those visiting Ilkairteon would be wise seek shelter at night, for it sports perhaps far too many criminals and exploiters, only beaten the "backlands" of the Elven Hinterlands and some trade guilds, in fact, are nothing more than the facade of these organizations and what some might even call families or mafias.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Ilkairteon Empty Re: City: Ilkairteon

Post by Guest 21st July 2013, 9:02 pm

[ATTN: Closed]

The first warm, yellow rays of sunlight streamed through the window of the small apartment, sending a thousand sparks of dust dancing in the glow. Slowly and quietly the light crept deeper into the home, across the scattered piles of papers and crumpled documents and musty books, and ever so carefully it crawled over the various articles of clothing folded in neat stacks upon the bed. Finally it paused to rest at the worn edge of the large leather-bound trunk, and consider what lay before it. There it was greeted heartily by a soft, rumbling snore which cascaded throughout the room. The form the snores emanated from lay sprawled across a large upholstered arm chair, dressed in the same clothing from yesterday, with a simple woven afghan thrown across it. One arm dangled down a side where a thick leather volume had fallen and sat open on the floor. A small, polite tapping drifted from the second room in the apartment. A few unanswered moments later a larger, less polite thumping asserted its presence.

Nicholas DeRamsey let out a low, grinding growl and absentmindedly rolled towards an edge of his bed that did not exist. He swiftly slipped off the side of his chair and planted his face firmly in a hard wooden floorboard. The pounding at his door paused briefly at the sound, but began with renewed vigor only a heartbeat later. Nick drug himself begrudgingly to his feet, letting out another half growl along the way. A blurry man of middle stature stood on the other side of the apartment door, carefully nursing his sore knocking hand.

"Oh thank the heavens... I'd thought you might have left already!"

Nick rubbed his eyes gingerly and squinted, forcing the man to come more into focus. A graying gentlemen of somewhat advanced years with a face furloughed into an expression of concern and irritation was revealed.

"Mr. Breckenridge! Please come in."

"Humph... You haven't called me that since you were but a boy," a warm familiar smile stretched its way across the man's face as he stepped into the small apartment. "It's good to see you Nick! I'm glad I caught you before you scurried off on this adventure of yours."

Grinning, Nick crossed the room and withdrew a pair of glasses from a the drawer of a modest desk. After a quick inspection, and a brief cleaning on the tail of his shirt, he pushes them onto his nose.

"It's not an adventure Marcus, it's legitimate research."

"Yes yes of course. Many of us know we've gone as far as we can in a laboratory environment without some new breakthrough. But this all seems so brash, and reckless..." Marcus sighed as he trailed off, "And of course I know there's no way to stop you. Too much of your uncle in you I surmise." The elder shook his head as he continued to smile. "But, I came by to congratulate you nonetheless. He would be proud of you."

His grin soured a bit, and Nick's gaze dropped to the floor. "Yea, this would be just his sort of trip."

"Indeed it would be. Perhaps mine too, back when he and I worked together." Marcus nodded and paused, absorbing the somberness that had fallen upon the room. "Where exactly are you headed first, might I ask?"

"I figure I'll start with the reservation to the east. There are no major refineries nearby, and it should be a great spot to start establishing a baseline for samples"

"Ah yes, good, good... Oh, almost packed I see. " He motioned to the items strewn about the adjacent bedroom.

"OH! Yes, my train leaves in two hours, " Nick strolled back into his bedroom and began stuffing things into a large suitcase and satchel.

Marcus followed a step behind,
"It's just that, we are all simply worried that you're rushing things a bit much. Taking too many risks, and with this excursion especially. You must take your own safety more seriously."

"Oh come on Marcus, I'm just going out there to talk to some people, and take a few readings and samples. It's no more dangerous than going down to the bazaar after dusk, and besides, I know how to take care of myself."

Marcus gingerly reached between a small stack of books and a pile of cases, and lifted up a revolver, carefully dangling it by its grip between his thumb and index finger. He almost wrinkled his nose as he spoke,
"Yes, I can see that."

Nick just smirked, and held out his hand for the gun. Marcus gladly placed it in Nick's offered hand. With a simple flick Nick had the weapon's cylinder open, checked it over, and flipped it shut. "I do generally know what I'm doing, despite popular opinion."

"Haha, that you do my boy, that you do..."

Last edited by Axom on 24th July 2013, 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 23rd July 2013, 7:49 pm

Open

Sakura opened her eyes to the smell of breakfast cooking. She rubbed her eyes and looks around the tent that she and Navi call home. They lived in the bustling city of Ilkairteon, down amongst the traders of the city. They could live better if they wanted, but getting information like they wanted they needed to be where the information was.

She gets up and scratches her arm as she yawns. “Navi is that you cooking breakfast?”

Navi sticks his head inside the room that was full of silken pillows and blankets that Sakura called her room. He sighs wondering how she could sleep in a room like that. “Who else would it be girl? Use that brain of yours and get your ass up. You got work to do.”

Sakura sighed as she got up. She would have to go take a shower later. It seemed Navi wanted her to get down to business early. “Alright alright, fine. Let me at least get ready for the day.” She watched him as he went back to cooking. She changed her clothes after washing her face in a bowl full of water.  She then joined him for breakfast.

“Breakfast looks good.” She said as he handed her a plate.

“Don’t you worry about the taste of your food, just remember you got to get down and get more chordium for those darts. They won’t do you any good if you can’t use them.” Navi said.

”Don’t worry Navi I told you I would get it today. I’ve told you all week not to worry. I don’t go out unprepared just like you taught me.” She said reminding him of who she was. “Besides I know better than that. I am smarter and I refuse to go down without a fight.” Sakura said winking at him. She finished her breakfast and then rinsed the dishes off in a bucket of water. “You should really think about getting a better place to stay at some time. Listen, I am going now. I will talk to you later.” She said running out of the front entrance to their tent before Navi could blow up at her.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th July 2013, 5:20 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Marcus had said his goodbyes and departed while Nick finished packing. With his task complete, Nick stood and reflected on the large green travel trunk which would, between it, the pack he was carrying, and the canvas satchel that lay crumpled by the door, be everything he possessed for the next year or so… or whenever the grant money ran out. Maybe Marcus was right, and this was all a fool’s crusade. He sighed, rubbed the back of his neck and gently scrubbed his glasses on his shirt. His gaze shifted to the thin length of yarn draped around his wrist, and the colorful beads it held. Nick paused as he read the name which was spelled out there, each syllable reverberating in his thoughts. Closing his eyes, he drew a long, deep breath. There could be no turning back, for better or for worse.

-----
Nick had barely inserted the key to his door when a metallic ‘shnick’ rang from the lock on the door across the hall. A plump matronly woman scurried into the hallway.

“Oh! Hello, Doctor DeRamsey.”

“Good morning, Misses Daunough. I was just about to come see you. I trust the arrangement with the rent is to your satisfaction?”

“Oh yes yes of course. Even if you should perish out there you’ll have the room for months after. And then I shall auction off your belongings to cover the lease expense.” She gave him sweet smile which only began to speak of the designs that were dancing through her head.

“Well I suppose I wouldn’t be needing them in that case then, would I?”

“Exactly dear! Though you do be careful out there. Oh but listen to me go on… Run along now, we wouldn’t want you to miss your train!”

She practically shuffled him into the lift.
-----
Ground Level of Ilkairteon is a veritable circus of activity. The song of merchants, pedestrians, machinery, trolleys, and a menagerie of other sounds grasped Nick immediately upon exiting the relative quiet of the residential building. Then came the aroma; foods from all corners of Aria lent their scent to the fragrances of humanity, all carried by the sweet crisp kiss of the spring breeze. The totality of the experience would be jarring to someone not used to it.

For a moment, the young man of science closed his eyes and just absorbed it all. Then he began to walk, carefully dodging other pedestrians, his trunk wheels clacking away behind him. For blocks he travelled, navigating the maze of the streets, before he stopped and wandered over to a stand emanating a most divine smell. Setting his luggage close by his side, he hopped up onto a stool.

“Two skewers please,” he smiled and nodded to a woman tending a large wood burning grill. A great grizzly of a man with dark curls adorned in a white grease stained apron hefted two kabobs generously stuffed with charred meat and vegetables, and lumbered over to where Nick had sat down. The man pointedly eyed the assembled luggage behind the young man.

“Well I hope you will be able to pay lad, ‘cause there won’t be no handouts from here.” The man’s voice rolled like thunder across the small shop.

Nick stood up, snatched one of the skewers from the giant paw which held it, and gave a shrill whistle. Excited yapping exploded from somewhere behind the counter and a portly canine came skittering and sliding around the stools.  Turning, Nick dumped the morsels from the skewer into a neat pile just ahead of the ecstatic ball of fur.

“Ah, now dun’t go and be feeding him that, he’s getting fat enough as it is!”

Nick lovingly patted the dog’s head as it chowed down, “Well I want someone around this place to miss me while I’m gone.”

He reached up and grabbed the other skewer and began to munch hungrily on the savory meat. The cook gave him a look of mock horror, before belting out a deep throaty laugh.

“Though to be truthful with ya, I dun’t suspect we’ll be seeing you again.”  

Nick lowered his nose, and gave the man a flat look over the rim of his glasses. The woman from the grill turned and swatted the man with a hand towel.

“Don’t you listen to him Nick. Everythin will be fine.”

“Ow woman!” the man exclaimed with feinted irritation, “I’m just a sayin! He’ll get out there, in the perilous wilds, with all the beasties, and the Elves, and the improperly marinated steak… An then he’ll meet some nice lass, and settle down in someplace like Dedonia or where not, and we’ll be out of our best customer!”

“Ah now then, we cannot have that, can we!”

“Aye, you see what I mean!”

“You hear that?” She gestured to Nick in a matter of fact manner, “You find yourself a nice girl, and you bring her back round here, preferably with hungry little ones in tow.”

Nick just issued an amused snort and chewed on a piece of steak as the two went about pairing him off with various young woman in the neighborhood. His gaze drifted lazily to a clock mounted on the wall above the grill. It read fifteen before nine.

His eyes nearly bugged out from his head. Quickly chocking down the searing hot bite, he mumbled something about being late, stuffed a hand into his coat pocket, producing a few bills which he tossed on the bar, grabbed his luggage and bolted down the sidewalk, waving back as he ran.

“Oh?” The burly cook looked up at the clock, then cupped his hands to his mouth, “Haha! Run laddie! Run like there be demons on your heels!”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 25th July 2013, 5:51 pm

[Attn: Sakura Alavance, Open]

Shortly after settling in at her tent.... err 'office', she begins to be approached by the normal rumor peddlers and a couple of not quite serious enough people inquiring about her line of work. I mean, couldn't they understand that she needed details! And don't even get her started about these tight wads trying to get her to do it for dreams and wishes, a gal's got to eat does she?

Eventually a nervous man approaches her looking around nervously. Looking at him she'd maybe place him in his mid to late fifties, definitely not gutter trash, fairly well kept clothes slightly burnt or smudged here or there, might put him in all kinds of jobs involving fire, and..... hiding a gun or pistol under his overcoat.

"I heard you're some kind of bounty hunter, did I hear right?" The man says as he seems to be suspicious, probably sexist too. If Sakura confirms that she is in fact a bounty hunter, the man will eventually relent his skepticism and inquire if she also finds people, you know missing people.

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 25th July 2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 25th July 2013, 8:28 pm

Unknown man. Open ((thanks Methos for the coop!))

Sakura looks up from her paperwork to look at a man who seemed a little outdated for himself. With a little sprucing up he would look like he was in his mid-fifties. Though he was too timid to look like he had any attitude on him. She gives him the evil eye and puts down her pen.
“I’m indeed a bounty hunter for the right price you understand.”

"You don't fit what I'd think would be normal.." The man looked her over from where she was sitting. "You're not really a secretary or something for this outfit?”

Again the man looks around, then looks at Sakura with a questionable look when her body posture made it pretty evident he'd insulted her. "You find people? You know missing-people, not just crooks and criminals."

Sakura looks at the man with disbelief. Was he questioning her by her appearance? “Look Mr. I am no secretary. I am a trained professional and do the job I am clearly paid for. You want me to find someone for you? I do the odd job of that from time to time, so it is not out of my league.” She said as she sat back in her chair. She crossed her arms and looked the man up and down.

“You seem kind of nervous. You lookin to get someone before they get you?” she said with a gleam in her eye.

"Yes, I mean No." The man blinked having only partly paid attention as he had just been doing another quick scan of the area around her tent. "I mean, yes, I want you to find someone for me. A little girl, my daughter. I'm willing to pay thirty grand up front in cash, and if you haven't finished in a month I'll send you another five grand in creds. That enough to get started?"

For a moment Sakura was ready to throw him out of her tent. He was to intent with whatever was going on around him to be paying her any attention until he said the price. Then he caught her attention. “Well I am more than willing to accept the job for that amount. However you are being a little vague. I need some information from you. First I need her name so I know WHO I am looking for. Then I need to know the last whereabouts that she was seen in. Without that I can’t begin a search because I don’t know who to contact. Then I need to know what she looks like. If you have a picture that would be great. Do you know who she would be with or where I could find her?” she asked.

"You definitely ask enough questions to be a hunter, that's for sure." The man looks around once more then not seeing anything seems to relax. "Alright her name is Janette, and the last time I saw her she was headed to school. She never made it home; I can get you a picture and the address of her school when I get home."

“Good, here is a better idea. Why don’t you go and get the rest of the information and give it to me. For that matter why don’t I go with you. I also need an age for her and as much information as you can give me about her, what she was wearing the day she went missing, her eye color, her hair and so on. Now if you like we can leave. Don’t worry about whatever you’re looking for out there, with me hanging about they won’t bother you.” Sakura said as she stood up from her chair. She put her gun holster on and put her gun in it. She then walks over to beside him. “I sure hope she looks better then you. She the right age I might have to check her out.” She said grinning at him.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 25th July 2013, 10:04 pm

[Attn: Nickolas DeRamsey]

You've been running trying to get to your train as fast as possible, and as you turn the corner you can see, way down through the crowd of pedestrians whom aren't making your travel plans anymore easy, you see the rail station ticket booth in the distance.

You are rushing yelling at people to let you pass, probably even grumbling about all the foot traffic at this hour. When off to your left a rather stocky man, implants his boot to your side.

"Out'ta m'way!" his voice causes you to look over and catch sight of oiled back black hair and a braided beard. However it's his eyes that draw your attention, and the glowing almost mirage-like circles around his leg that cause you to worry.

Normally being kicked in the ribs would hurt, and you'd probably just be knocked off balance and to the ground, however not this time. Your assumptions are confirmed, your fears realized, this is a Force User.

The resounding force of his kick hits you like a bull hitting an unlucky Torero (Bullfighter). It causes you to tumble out into the street, and you aren't sure, but your ribs might be broken.... but either way you're definitely thrown for a loop.

[OOC: Your ribs aren't broken, just feel like it]

[Hold on more to Come]

[ATTN: Above Highway, Closed.]
[POV - Random and not purposefully chosen NPC]

Timmothy Greenwood, was making another ordinary run. As usual he always made the dairy run to Olthamay's Deli and Supermart on Friday mornings. After that he had a few smaller places he stopped by, like a few gas and ether stations.

Today though down far below down on the Bazaar level something was beginning that would run amok with Tim's shipment.

[ATTN: Below on Bazaar Level, Closed]
[POV: A Messy Troublemaker - NPC]

A scraggly rather lanky man was observing his target stopping at a booth down in the bazaar across the street. He'd been hounding the man for a week, and so far Mr. Fairfax had shot one of his friends, who was forced to stay back at base for now do to bullet wound, Bastard.

At first his target had been on the alert and so they hadn't dare approach him, it was to risky. They doubted that he'd fire in a crowd, but they had tried to warn him and he;'d refused one to many times. So it came down to this...

He drew in ether to his at most limit, the area was going to be really hard to reach from down here but it was still in range. On his wrist dangled what appeared to be an ether meter, but was really just a fake, it's lights blinked but that was it.

With one hand he reached up to the highway above and feeling his powers connect into the street above, pulled the concrete and asphalt up, forming a sloped and curved ramp in the middle of the highway, in just a matter of seconds.

[Attn: Above on the Highway, closed]
[POV: Future Man on the Moon, maybe]

Tim was expecting anything out of the ordinary, and was rather startled as the car in front of him swerved into the other lane and onto the shoulder, forcing the person who he'd cut off to slam on his brakes to avoid collision.

Unfortunately for Tim by the time he'd looked back in-front of him it was already to late, his cargo truck caught the ramp, the weight shifting as it flipped over.

"Ohhh no the Milk!" Ohhh yes, the poor Milk in it's pallets, all toppling and spilling inside the back, was probably the last thought Tim had upon this world. The truck went slightly airborne, caught the rail and flipped over the edge and down towards the bazaar below.

[Attn: Sakura Alavance]
[Thanks to Luna for giving me her general responses for this scene]

As the man follows you to a more secure position to discuss about the job a rather large noise from up above, something like metal hitting concrete causes you and everyone to look up. That's when you see it, a truck falling from the highway above.... ohhhh shit.

*insert screaming crowd as they panic*

"AHHHHH!!!!!!"
"RUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!"
"COME ON BABY!!"
"I'M TO BEAUTIFUL TO DIE!"
"WWHHHHAAAAAAA! "

And so on...

Luckily enough for you, you somehow manage to keep a cool enough head to grab the man (your new employer) by the coat and run away. You take a quick peek up, it's hard to tell if it's going to hit close so you keep running.

As you run, you put a hand to the gun holstered at your waist. Suddenly a couple rounds are fired off to your right and you turn to look in that direction - OH FRACK! Some short lanky dude who looks like he has been sleeping in a dumpster if pointing a gun at you! He fires off a shot, and you tense for an impact that never hits... at least not you.

Next to you the man who just minutes ago hired you to find his daughter takes two rounds, one of them to the chest and collapses. Quickly you duck into some people and start bobbing and weaving your way to that bastard. "Take my meal ticket will you?! F%^* NO!"

You raise the gun for a quick shot but he already is back into the crowd. The shooter fires another shot and people run away from him and he darts into an alley. You almost had the shot, but these damn panicing tard muffins keep getting in your way and slowing you down.

There is a large crash, followed by an explosion behind you as the truck hits the ground. You don't pay much attention to what probably might have been a neat fountain of moo-juice, but instead dash into the alley ready to shoot this guy....

Only he isn't there...

You look around, scanning the walls for open doors, then up higher up in case he jumped up a fire escape or to a window. Seeing no signs of that, you look down the alley and see the empty alley before you. Walking in, ready in case he ambushes you, you stop before a mound of earth. Leaning down you run you hand through it, its loose but your guess is some sort of earth force user - great -.-'

You head back into the street, the place is practically deserted. You first locate the body of your former employer, then second your stall... which is still up. Going over to the man, you open his coat, yeah he had a gun. Inside his coat, in some of the pockets as you search for identification, you find several stacks of cash credits. Even though some are soaking up blood, he must still have 40-50 thousand still in good condition.

Flipping him over you'll find his wallet with credit cards and most importantly his I.D.

Carl Fairfax
Grenula Reservation - East of Ilkairteon

You can choose to wait around for authorities if you wish, they will arrive eventually. No telling how long they will be busy with the wreck.

[ATTN: Nickolas DeRamsey]

When you recover from some jerk kicking you, you still have a train to catch. Screams however reach you from where you are, and you'll notice people running towards you in fleeing panic.

Maybe if you recover fast enough you'll see the truck go over the side of the road above, before it crashes somewhere in a block behind you from where these people are fleeing.

The truck will hit and explode, but from where you are you should be safe from it's debris either dairy or metal. However the terror stricken pedestrians might not be so removed to not trample or step on you as they run.

Above you you can see some light coming through the road, your guess is someone tore it open and caused the wreck.... but here I do go on.

You still have a train to catch good Sir.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th July 2013, 10:42 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Light began to fight back against the darkness that had overtaken Nick's vision. His chest screamed for air and the entirety of his body felt numb. Sounds reached him, but they lacked the coherence of words or the randomness of noise. Fire erupted in his torso as he choked and gasped for air. The streets around him were a frenzied blur, and he could hear panic and commotion. Rolling onto his side (one of the more painful endeavors he'd ever undertaken), he felt around for his glasses; lost as he was punted into the roadway. The sounds around him grew louder and more frantic by the second. His hand brushed across something light and metallic which clattered lightly across the cobblestones as he nudged it. Still shaking and wheezing, he finally managed to place the spectacles back in their place on the bridge of his nose. One of the lenses was cracked, but he still saw the stampeding crowd, no more than twenty metres away, barrelling down the street towards him. The meager amount of breath he had managed to gather bled out of his lungs, and for a heartbeat panic gripped him.  

"No," he thought, "have to move..." A hand brushed across chilly stone, "move..."  

The hand found purchase. Pain shot like electricity along the arm it belonged to as it struggled to hold the weight. "Move. Get up..."

Lungs ignited as they drank deep, "Get up!" Feet and legs languished and slipped. Agony rose like demons, lashing his form with chains and fire, driven in their unfaltering hatred and torment.

"MOVE GODS DAMN YOU!" His body was ablaze, but his will steel. One step, then another, then another; step by excruciating step. A few more seconds and they would be upon him. Energy sapped, his footing gave way, and in a last ditch effort he threw his weight forward, diving into a small alleyway. Crawling on his hands, he drug himself to sit against the base of one of the buildings that made up the alley. He closed his eyes, waiting for a strike to come as the panicked mass flooded past. Gently he tried breathing again, slowly drawing oxygen and focusing inward. As his head cleared, he began to triage; No broken ribs, but they were definitely bruised and tender to the touch. A welt was forming where his head had struck the street as he fell, and he surmised there would be numerous bruises to nurse.

Minutes drifted by, and finally the tide subsided. Gingerly he climbed to his feet. He ached across his entirety, but the pain was manageable now. Bracing himself at the corner, he slowly peered down the street towards the spot he had glimpsed a vehicle of some sort dive off the roadway above. Smoke billowed from an unseen source. It couldn't have been more than a block or two away. Cries could still be heard echoing from the direction of the column. Nick turned and gazed at the station just down the way and sighed. People could be hurt, and there would be other trains. Popping the shattered lense out of the frame of his glasses, he turned and lumbered towards the accident.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 30th July 2013, 4:51 pm

Nickolas Open

Sakura sighs as she finds the man’s id and information. He has a lot of money on him too. She didn’t want to take it from him, but if he had family then the money deserved to go to them. Hell if the authorities took it from him, his family may never see it again. They may keep it for the department. She sighed as she didn’t want to leave it there. At least if she took his ID and the money on him she could contact the appropriate authorities as soon as the chaos was over and make sure the money was given to the right people. Hell she may even go to the man’s listed address and look for the picture of his daughter that he had wanted her to find. At least then she could make sure she got the money.

Sakura then made the choice to take the items. She would make sure that she would come back to get a hold of the right authorities. Right now she could at least use her time now to help with the mess that was going on. She looked around and saw a man who seemed to be walking with a lot of pain. People were still running and crying out for pain or looking for people. The chaos was just too much for the people.

She walked up to the man and offered him his arm. “Would you like some help sir?”

{{Sakura Now holds the man’s ID and money and all valuables he had on him.))
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th July 2013, 9:04 pm

[ATTN: Sakura, Open]

Nick rounded the far corner of the building that had separated him from the blast. The scene was dire. Cries filled the air as people frantically called out for missing loved ones, drowning out the sobs and moaning of the wounded. The air was thick with the smell of burning rubber, fuel, and... milk? He shook his head at that thought; some mysteries would never be solved...

A young woman was crouched over the form of an older gentleman lying in the street. She looked unhurt, but the man was obviously injured. Nick's lungs still burned, and his flank screamed with every movement. The shock of the attack was wearing off, and weariness threatened to overtake him. Gritting his teeth, he clenched his hand into a fist. There would be time to sit down and die later; for now, he had to focus. Defying the complaints of his body, he took another step.

"Would you like some help sir?" The woman had risen with graceful, trained movements and casually approached Nick.

"Oh... Uhh, thank you miss, but I'll be alright" he managed weakly. He continued to limp forward, passing her as he hobbled towards the man in the street. "What happened here?"

Ice filled Nick's veins as he neared the form. A flower of blood had blossomed around the bullet hole in the man's chest, and a crimson pool had seeped onto the street. Adrenaline exploded through channels it had vacated only minutes before, setting neurons alight, tensing muscles, and washing away pain. Nick's mind flashed over details he had taken in of the scene; a woman hunched over the corpse, the bullet resistant vest concealed beneath her attire, the poise and control she exhibited under such circumstance, the ID booklet & credits she held in her hand, and finally, the large caliber pistol she wore at her hip...

Shit.

He had hypothesized that she was the man's daughter or niece. Observation now indicated that to be a very low probability. However, a new hypothesis had formulated itself.

"You killed him..."

Nick's hand moved, with improbable fluidity given his current condition, to the concealed holster nestled under his shoulder. He shifted his weight and spun on his heel, using the momentum to bring his arm to bear. Muscle memory from countless hours of practice guided his aim as he deftly drew a bead on the murderous woman with... nothing. His eyes widened in shock in panic as his memory flashed again. Passengers were required to stow any weapons while aboard any of the trains in the transit system, so he had left his pistol locked in his trunk with his rifle and lab equipment. His cheeks burned as bright as the blood on the man's shirt as he stood, pointing his trigger finger at the (armed) young woman he had just accused of murder.

His steeled expression gave way to a weary, defeated smile. There would be no way to outrun her in his state. He was caught dead to rights, and knew it. Slowly he raised both arms, putting both his palms into easy view.

"Hey umm... Don't shoot me please... Okay?" He threw her his best goofy smile.

OOC:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st July 2013, 7:51 pm

Nickolas Open

Sakura watched the injured man grab for what probably would have been a pistol under his jacket…or what was left of it. She walked over to him and could have punched him. She picked him up by his shirt and put him in her face.

“Injured or not, I didn’t murder that man. He was a man who was about to hire me for a job. I took his valuables on purpose you idiot. If you would think for about two damn minutes before speaking and ask what the hell the relationship was between the two of us, you would have known that I am a bounty hunter. I also extend the hand to find individuals every now and again for the right price.” Sakura said. She put the man back down. She wanted to throw him, but knew if she did she would only hurt him more.

“Now, would you like for me to put the man’s valuables back on him so that they can get stolen, or would you like me to keep them and when the appropriate time comes I can give it to the right authorities or even his family eh?”

Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd August 2013, 6:40 pm

[ATTN: Sakura, open]

The young woman began to close the distance between herself and Nick. Did she intend to stab him? It would draw less attention than a gunshot in the current situation. His eyes darted over her armaments, looking for a blade. She was only a few steps away now; he would probably only have one chance to dodge the attack.

Getting closer, she drew her hand into a fist, clear intent in her eyes. Ah, so that was it... Nick shifted his weight, preparing to roll with the blow. He kept his hands up, and maintained his comical, non-threatening expression. Maybe he could catch her off guard... If he could just... Feh, who was he kidding? He could barely stand...

Nick waited for the punch, but the woman instead grabbed him by his shirt collar.

“Injured or not, I didn’t murder that man. He was a man who was about to hire me for a job. I took his valuables on purpose you idiot. If you would think for about two damn minutes before speaking and ask what the hell the relationship was between the two of us, you would have known that I am a bounty hunter. I also extend the hand to find individuals every now and again for the right price.”

A bounty hunter? That explained her gear and the skill in her movements. There was no accounting for her motives though; that poor bastard could just as easily been her mark, and she caused this entire scene to get to him. If that was the case, she would have no use for witnesses much longer. More bodies on her hands could prove very inconvenient though. There simply was not enough data yet to determine the validity of either supposition...

She released him, and took a step back. The anger in her eyes diminished none.

“Now, would you like for me to put the man’s valuables back on him so that they can get stolen, or would you like me to keep them and when the appropriate time comes I can give it to the right authorities or even his family eh?”

Nick's expression melted back to seriousness, but his hands remained where they were.

"Just what did you expect people to assume, miss? And what do you expect all these other people here, and those authorities you spoke of, will assume?"

Nick pointedly let his gaze drift to the remaining victims of the site, then further on down the street into the city before once again meeting her stare.

"I beg your pardon, but I choose to remain optimistically cautious until they arrive. If you flee, they'll have your description. If you kill me, everyone else will have observed, and I doubt you want to deal with that sort of massacre."  

He held his breath, exchanged scowl for scowl, and hoped to hell she didn't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 7th August 2013, 9:39 am

Nick Open

Sakura threw her hands up in the air. “For one I won’t be running anywhere. I was able to get a description of the jackass that did this mess. Two look at this chaos, the only one paying me any attention right now is you. There is more than enough chaos, looting and death going around right now for the authorities to be paying one woman all the attention.” Her anger was beginning to get the best of her.

At this point she couldn’t handle his supposedly ‘optimistically cautiousness’ any longer. She walks over to him and punches him square in the jaw. “This is one reason why I can’t stand men. Only two good men I ever knew were my father and Navi.” Sakura said. “Now if you would like how about you stay here with me until the authorities arrive so we can talk with them TOGETHER if you don’t believe me.”

Sakura knew she wouldn’t have long to wait. She had already seen some of the authorities trying to calm down bystanders already who were still panicking. She stared at the man. Hell she didn’t even know his name. “I don’t even know your name.”

Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th August 2013, 5:08 pm

[ATTN: Sakura, Open]

The irate bounty hunter raised her hands in exasperation and exclaimed,
“For one I won’t be running anywhere. I was able to get a description of the jackass that did this mess. Two look at this chaos, the only one paying me any attention right now is you. There is more than enough chaos, looting and death going around right now for the authorities to be paying one woman all the attention.”

She was visibly shaking when she turned to face him with barely contained rage in her eyes. Her jaw gritted with fury as she stalked purposefully towards him.

"Oh crap..." Nick thought as he tried to shift his weight to dodge the strike. Too late... her fist lunged directly at his face. He barely registered the impact before his world went black.

-----

A foul, pungent scent assaulted Nick's olfactory senses, triggering a reflexive inhalation. The odor conspired with the dull ache engulfing his chest, guiding him to a fit of coughing.

Urgh.. ammonia...

The rush of alertness brought with it the reports of his injuries, and the racket of sounds around him. Slowly he cracked open his eyes, and was greeting with a smirk.

"Hey! There he is!" The smirk was attached to roundish face, adorned with a neatly trimmed beard, a few days worth of stubble, and messy brown hair. "Hold on, don't move around too much yet."

Nick was lying on his back, his feet elevated, with his head propped up on his pack. His shirt had been unbuttoned, and he could a large purplish-blue blotch across his side and ribs. The young man, probably in his mid to late twenties, crouched beside Nick. He tossed a small packet to the side and began rolling up his sleeves. The white jacket he wore was scuffed and had seen a lot of mileage, but the man's comfort with the attire shown through as he casually freed his arms. Around his wrist he wore a small, green metallic bracelet, which began to beep quietly as the man extended his open palm and placed it a hair's breadth from Nick's exposed chest, closing his eyes in concentration. A faint azure glow wreathed the spread fingers, and grew lazily to the man's elbow. An older gentleman strolled leisurely up beside the young man. He wore a long black coat, matching slacks, off-white shirt, and rough leather shoes. A badge attached by a long cord dangled around his neck. Reluctantly, he pulled a small orange lollipop from his mouth, making a slurping sound as he did.

"How's this one doin? He looks like shit..."  

"Ah, detective... gimme a sec will ya?" The young man closed his hand and the glow quickly dissipated. He reached down and lightly slapped Nick's face. "Alright buddy, you got lucky. Real lucky. Nothin broken, no internal bleeding. Take it easy for a few days, wrap that bruise up, and stick an ice pack on it if ya can. Oh, and stop picking fights with busses or whatever the hell hit you." The smirk faded from his face, and his gaze trailed from Nick to a spot a short distance away. "I'd steer clear of a certain bounty hunter too, for awhile at least..."

An amused snort issued from the detective as he smacked on his sucker. He rifled around in his coat pocket, and produced another, offering it to the young medic.

"Uh, no thanks. Those things give you cavities you know..."

"Yea yea..." The detective's expression soured, and he continued strolling along his way. The young man hopped to his feet, gave Nick a quick wave of his hand, and hurried on to his next patient.

-----

Nick grimaced as he climbed to his feet, and buttoned his shirt. Retrieving his satchel, he slung it into its comfortable place at his side, opposite of where he had been kicked. Damn that had hurt. That huge bruise was unsightly too. An amusing thought flowed through his mind, and he quietly chuckled to himself; he hadn't even made it out of the city and this trip had tried to kill him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 13th August 2013, 8:04 pm

Nick Open

Sakura watched as the man fell down and practically passed out before her. Great, now she was going to have to play babysitter to a dead man AND a passed out man.  She was lucky though. The medics were already out among the crowed along with the authorities.

~~

About thirty minutes or so has passed or so when the medics finally make it over to them. She watches them with him. She sighs and looks over at them. “Look I don’t know who that man is, but he seems to think he knows everything.” They paid her no heed as they worked to bring the man around. A few minutes later and one of the detectives walked over to her.

“Sakura, what the hell happened here? I better not find out you took matters into your own hands. You know what the Sargent said.”

Sakura put her hand over her temple and massaged her head. The more she dealt with this the more she had a headache. “Look detective  Saunders, I did not take matters into my own hand. I know the drill better than you think I do. I have some of the information that you’re looking for anyways.  I got a good look at the guy who did this and I know he is a force user.”

She looks up just as Nick is coming too. “That little shit right there thinks I killed that man.”

Saunders looks up as another detective walked over from looking at the dead man’s remains. They talk back and forth a few minutes before the man points to the gun in Sakura’s hand and the dead man. “Sakura, did you take that man’s items off of him? Don’t you know it’s against the rules to take things from a crime scene? He probably thought you did kill him if he came up and you were over the man’s body.” He said shaking his head.

What did you want me to do? Leave the man’s gun on him so someone could steal it and kill someone else? Or loot the money off of him for whatever insane crazy thing they have going on. Look, yes I took all the man’s items from him. His money, I.D, and his gun, that was about all he had on him. He had just asked me to pull a job for him. He wanted me to find his daughter. He made it sound like she had been kidnapped. He was my meal ticket!” she exclaimed.

“Well what do you want us to do about it? We can take the guy in for questioning.” Saunders said.

“Well I don’t know where he came from. He was injured when he got here. How about asking him some questions.” Sakura said pointing to Nick. “Hell I don’t even know his name. He passed out before I could even get it from him.”

“Well then, maybe we can weed some information out of him then. Hey you there…” Saunders said looking at Nick. “Sakura don’t you go anywhere. I am not done with you yet!”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2013, 10:05 pm

[ATTN:Sakura, Open]

"Hey, you there!" The sudden shout roused Nick out of his reflections. He sheepishly glanced around searching for the source, finally noticing a man walking towards him. From the looks of things, he had just finish talking with the young woman from before; she stood just behind him, glaring daggers at Nick. The man's face, though wearied, was sharply angled and defined, and his eyes spoke of intellect. He wore dark blue suit pants held in place by suspenders over a coffee stained white shirt. A little extra padding on his waistline suggested he was accustomed to desk work, though he carried it well, and his stride conveyed confidence and authority. An ovoid silver badge dangled from his hip. An investigator or detective Nick surmised, as he pointed to himself, gesturing as if to say, "Who? Me?". The approaching lawman returned a look of exasperation as he reached up to rub his temple and run his fingers through greying hair.

"Detective Saunders, Ilkairteon Police Department. And you are?" His voice carried all the tones and inflections of a scornful parent.

"Ah, hello. Nick... Nicholas that is. DeRamsey. What can I help you with Detective?"

"Well Nick, the lady over there says you might have a story over here. I'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Oh, sure. That'd be alright."

"She says you weren't here when the incident occurred, but that you wandered onto the scene already injured."

"Ah, yes... all but the... uh..." Nick gestured to the welt on his jaw where Sakura had socked him.

"Riiiiight... and what about the rest of it then?"

"The crowd fleeing the accident was panicked. One of them got a tad rough..." Saunders raised a questioning eyebrow at this.

"I see... I saw you earlier. That was a hell of spot on you. Looks a bit focused for you to have been trampled."

"Yes... I was kicked in the side." Saunders' expression didn't flinch a bit, but the inflection of his voice raised ever so slightly. "Really?"

"Heh, it was... a bit augmented." Nick cringed a tad at this admission. The detective's eye's lit up with realization and intent.

"They were a force user..." His voiced trailed off for a second, then "I see. And then what? You wandered over here?"

"Yes, I thought someone might be in need of help."

"Oh, well how thoughtful of you." Nick frowned at this turn of the conversation, and the sarcasm in the detective's voice.

"And then I suppose, is when you made such a wonderful impression on miss Sakura over there." Saunders turned a gave Sakura a smile and a wave. "She says you've accused her of murdering this gentleman."

"When I arrived, she was hunched over the body. When I saw he had been shot, I remembered her sidearm, and the fact that she was holding a wallet and money. Given the data on hand, it was the logical conclusion... at the time." Nick's gaze slipped earthward, and his frown deepened.

"No of course, that makes sense. And that's when she uh..." He motioned to the lump on Nick's chin. Nick nodded his response. Saunders drew in a long, slow breath. His posture, casual until now, became rigid and formal. The breath escaped his lips as a long, tired sigh.

"Do you wish to press charges?"

"Uh, sorry?" Nick's head came up to look the man in the eyes once again, surprise on his face.

"You have the right, under law, to pursue damages for assault and battery."

"Oh... um..." Nick turned to look at where Sakura still stood, glaring angrily at him. "No... I'll let it go..."

Relief was clearly evident on detective Saunder's face, and he sank back into his casual stance.
"Alright. Thank you for your cooperation. If you'll just wait here for a little bit, while we clear everything up."

"Sure, no problem." Saunders flashed a faint smile, and strode back over to his colleague. The other detective popped the sucker from his mouth to ask, "Well? Whaddaya think?"

Saunders turned to glance back at Sakura, then over to Nick. "Something smells about all this. I'm not letting anything go until we pin it down. Take him in." He tipped his head in Nick's direction.

"Wait! WHAT?!" Nick exclaimed, overhearing. A vindictive smirk leapt upon Sakura's face, hiding barely contained laughter.  Saunders turned his fatigued scrutiny towards the young woman.

"Her too..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 25th August 2013, 2:32 pm

[Attn: Ilkairteon, Closed]
[POV: News Report]

"and we will see...." The newscaster on the screen of the DLMN tower pauses as his teleprompter informs him of a sudden change in the program. "It seems we have a situation arising, we'll be switching to Mary and Oliver."

"Mary, Oliver to you."

The screen on the Building outside shifts to the normal news anchors. "Thank you Wallus. We have breaking news." Oliver says as they assume the spotlight from the weatherman. "Downtown on the H-31, near the 204 exit Paramedics and the Police are dealing with an accident."

Mary waits for the pause and takes over from Oliver to give light to incoming reports. "Reports lead us to believe that errant Force Users damaged the highway and caused a traffic accident resulting in the complete closure of the stretch between exits 203 and 204. Current reports already have the death toll at 32, and countless others are injured.The Forcer's responsible for the accident are still at large, and deemed highly dangerous."

"The irresponsible and destructive use of Forcers once again results in considerable damage to lives, businesses and property of the Hallon/Grennich Bazaar area. This will lead to increased calls for force user restrictions in the assembly which have been in heated discussion over just such an issue."

"While we wait on further reports regarding this incident. Meanwhile we advise people to alter their travel routes to avoid the accident near the 203 exit of the H-31. Tune in for news at 1, as we return you to your normal radio listening pleasure. This is DLMN Channel 9 signing out, thank you and good day."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 8th September 2013, 7:27 pm

Nick Open

Sakura did a double take at what detective Saunders had just said. She walks over to him and throws her hands into the air just as one of the officers had walked over to her. He reaches for her arm and takes hold of her wrists.

“You IDIOT…didn’t we just talk about this?” she said raving at the detective. She turns nd and looks at the officer and grits her teeth. “Get your mangy hands off of me. I am going to the police department myself.”

“Let her go. I did forget you were going there. You want to escort this man with you?” the detective said.

Sakura jerked her arms away from the officer who had been holding her. “What’s it to me if I did?” she asked.

“Well it’s you escort him or I can escort both of you with hand cuffs. Which would you rather have?” Saunders asked.

“Grrrr… When you say it like that it doesn’t give me much of a choice.” Sakura replied. “Fine, I will escort him there. I hate it when you do that.” She looks over to Nick. “You gonna leave him handcuffed or take them off of him?”

“It’s up to you. You want him hand cuffed or free? Just remember whatever happens I want him there alive…understand?” he said eyeing Sakura. “If he doesn’t get there alive, it will be the end of your career as a bounty hunter and you are going to wind up hanging…”

“I got it… I understand.” Sakura said. She looked at Nick and then to the officer. “Take them off him. If something happens in all this chaos he will be of no use to me to be able to ward off anything and he will do me no good as a dead man.”

Saunders gave them the notion to take the hand cuffs off of the man’s hands. “Now if you will, take this. There is a good chance you will get stopped again by other officers or other detectives. Some of them from the same precinct as ours and some may not be. Take this and the ones from the other precincts won’t give you any problems with the exceptions of the normal questioning.” Saunders said as handed her a paper with the precincts official seal. “Now the guys there will know you are coming. If you don’t get there we will be after you tomorrow and we know your routine.”

“Understood. Come on Nick; let’s get out of here before genius forgets anything else.” Sakura said grumbling.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th September 2013, 11:21 pm

[Attn: Sakura, open]

Nick stared agape at Saunders. Did he really have to go with that woman? The detective simply scowled, and hooked his thumb to where Sakura had started walking off in the general direction of the police station. Sighing, he continued after her as hurriedly as he could manage.

Police, medical responders, and fire crews went busily about their tasks in the shattered reality that had befallen the street. Shocked civilians milled at the periphery, marveling at the scene. No one paid any mind to Nick and Sakura as they slipped past the police barrier and into the crowd.

A few blocks was all it took for any sign of the violence of the day to disappear; a small human drama swallowed up by the mechanical behemoth of the city. Traffic, the lifeblood of the beast, had returned to its flow, and the cries of merchant and creature drowned out those of victim and siren. The pair had maintained a good pace, but the burning in Nick's chest was rising, and with great effort he caught Sakura by the shoulder. She turned to him with a look of irritation that quickly faded to worry as she saw him panting and struggling. Without word, she flagged down a taxi and showed the slip of paper Saunders had given her to the driver. Grateful, but breathless, Nick crawled into the back. He gave her a glance as she silently slipped in beside him, though her gaze never left the side of the street. Reflecting on the situation, he frowned and mirrored her, shifting his focus to the activity along his side of the street. She scowled as he coughed, but never turned to face him. Streets and buildings drifted past, rolling in the bustle of the city, but the only sound emanating from within the vehicle came from the driver quietly humming to himself.

For endless blocks it seemed they rode in silence, before the driver pulled to the curb in front of a large nondescript municipal building. Nick produced a few notes from his satchel and gave them to the driver before awkwardly scrambling out of the car and onto the sidewalk. Sakura joined him, stood, and looked up the extent of the multistory building. Nick just looked at her and shrugged. Painfully he began climbing the steps to the large double doors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 25th September 2013, 7:35 pm

Nick Open

Sakura walked up the steps to the police department. She crossed her arms and sighed as she waited on Nick. “Will you hurry up already? I feel like we are taking all day!” she said. He takes a few more minutes almost as if on purpose and they walk in together to talk to one of the detectives.

“Oh Sakura, we have been expecting you…and a guy named Nicholas DeRamsey.” A detective said as he came around the corner looking at some papers. “Is that the guy with you?” he asked.

“Yes Demarco, that’s him.” Sakura said. She pointed to a chair for Nick. “Look if you wanna sit down or something, there’s a chair right there.” She explained. She then looks back at Detective Demarco. “So I am going to assume that Detective Saunders sent you information about what I was bringing you and about the man I was bringing down here?”

“Yes actually. It was just a rough draft, but I think that I have a list here of everything that you are supposed to turn in.” Demarco said.

Sakura begins to take the items out of her pocket that she had taken from the dead man. “I didn’t even know the man’s name before he died. He was my next meal ticket and he died before I could get all the information from him that I needed…like his name.” she explained. “I took his items off of him so they wouldn’t get stolen. He had a weapon on him and with all the chaos going on I didn’t want anyone to start shooting anyone.”

“Well you know that’s not a good thing Sakura. You are lucky Saunders didn’t want us to put you in jail.” Demarco said. He began putting a list together of the items that Sakura had handed to him. There was some money missing. “Sakura…The rest of the money?” he said looking at her none too happily.

”Look, the man has a daughter that he wanted me to find. She at least deserves that money.” Sakura said putting up a little fight.

“Well when she comes to claim it she can get it, but you know the law and you are not above it. Hand it over.” Demarco said holding out his hand.

Sakura grumbled but handed over the rest of the money. “Fine, when I find her I will send her here. Or if it’s not claimed in thirty days I will be back for it.” She said.

“Fine until then it’s in the right hands.” Demarco said.

Sakura gave him the rest of the information and the description of the man that had done the damage in the city. She did the best she could for them and then turned to Nick. “What are you going to do to him?” she asked.

“Just question him is all. Then probably let him go.” Demarco said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2013, 11:06 pm

[Attn: Closed]

The first rays of sunlight had begun to cut through the morning fog as Nick staggered out onto the steps of the police precinct. They had held him in a small room for hours, repeatedly asking him dozen of the same questions, trying to get him to vary his account of the incident earlier. Eventually they had decided his part in the whole thing was minor, but insisted on keeping him overnight for good measure. He didn't argue much.

It was a long walk to street in front of the train station. A solid night's rest had seen to much recovery from his wounds; his breath had returned, and moving no longer sent tendrils of fire through every extremity. Everything ached horribly, but as long as he didn't push things it was manageable. Police tape and fire retardant foam were almost all that was left of the accident; the terror and chaos absorbed by the bustle of the city. Within a block, not even a window had been cracked. Nick hurried past the scene, not wanting to linger long. He was eager to retrieve his equipment, and put this all behind him. Those hopes quickly dropped, however, when he rounded the corner of the alleyway he had taken shelter from the mob. His trunk was still there, but the lock had been smashed, and the sides busted. He flipped open the lid, and scowled at the contents. Nearly everything had been stolen; his weapons, his violin, and all the equipment he needed to setup a mobile laboratory. Everything else has been smashed. He stood looking over the wreckage for a moment, dejected. The university wouldn't replace the valuable lab equipment, at least not so soon. He was already barely tolerated in the academic community, and this might give those disinclined to his research a reason to oust him entirely. In all likelihood, this was the end of his career.

After gathering all the broken bits of glass, wire, and metal, he drug the luggage carcase to the side of the street, and far too exhausted to walk, flagged down a cab. He gave the driver the address of the precinct he had just left. The financial department of the university would never believe his case if he didn't report the equipment stolen, and besides, someone had taken his guns. The last thing he needed was to be indicted for some murder.

-----
An uneventful cab ride later, Nick stalked through the large double doors at the entrance to the station, his broken trunk in tow. The sergeant manning the desk gave him a sour look from behind metal grating.

"Back so soon? What, you forget somethin?"

Nick flashed the man a half hearted smile, and replied as he motioned to the heap behind him.

"Heh, I need to report some items as stolen..."

The man sighed and shook his head, clipping a packet of papers onto a clipboard and shoving them through a slot in the grate.

"Fill this out. Leave anything you want entered into... uh... evidence... over there."

He motioned to a large receiving area beside the entrance. Nick nodded and took a seat to fill out the paperwork.

-----
The entirety of the the morning fog had been burned away by the time Nick stepped outside of the police precinct, again. The air was crisp, and the city had taken to its business with the full bluster and roar of a working day. The current of the world moved swiftly around Nick, who stood as if frozen in time. He stood in an eddy, with a great river of activity flowing around him as he contemplated his next course of action. Without thought, he stepped into the current and was swept away. For blocks he wandered aimlessly, mind unfocused, unconsciously analyzing the data around him. Soon he found himself at the corner of a busy intersection. His mind snapped back into focus at the behest of a large truck's horn, which he had almost stepped out in front of. Quickly he surveyed his surroundings. How far had he walked, he wondered. The names of the streets were not immediately recognizable, and the street merchants that littered the area surrounding the Great Bazaar had transitioned into small enclosed shops. Eyeing the various names, etched into large wooden signs above the doorways, his focus settled on one across the street. This shop, a second-hand store, gave him a comforting idea. These places often sold used instruments. Maybe he could at least replace his violin, an outlet for his frustrations. He waited for a break in the traffic, and darted across the street and into the store. The storekeeper, a burly dark haired man behind thin rimmed glasses, greeted him.

"Sir, do you by chance have any violins in stock?"

The storekeeper nodded, and motioned to the back corner of the surprisingly large shop which held a sign labeled 'Music' from the top shelf of a sales rack. Nick bowed slightly and strolled to the section. There were several to choose from, mostly training pieces, but a few were of tolerable quality. He picked up a few, and plucked their strings, scrutinizing the instrument's voice. He had just selected one, priced moderately above the others, when his sight focused upon an item on the rack a row away. Tucking the violin carefully under an arm, he moved to retrieve a small chemistry set, intended for a child's introduction to science, from the shelf. Within the wooden case he found several flasks, beakers, and test tubes, a few rudimentary measurement tools, a small optical microscope, some pH strips, and various sample containers. The items were crude, hardly sufficient for a detailed analysis, but in a pinch they might serve for the proof of concept Nick needed. He frantically bobbed through the remaining aisles, gathering several more items; a gas camp stove and bottle of fuel, a small pick hammer and shovel, a pocket tool set with pliers, screwdrivers, clippers, and a small hand drill. Finally he grabbed a large wooden bowl, a rotating tray, and some medium gauge wire. The shop owner watched, bemused, as Nick piled these items on the counter. Nick intently gave the shop one last going over, before he spotted the gem he had been looking for; a pair of old Ether gauges intended for farming and commercial use. Nick gestured to them.

"Do those work?"

"Nope. Sensors is fine as best I can tell. Something else's busted."

Nick frowned, but his gaze lingered at the small card set in front of the pair showing the asking price. Well more than a set of broken meters were worth.

"Give ya both for the price of one."

That was still more than Nick wanted to spend, especially since he wasn't sure if he could fix the things, and his grant money would only stretch so far.

"Quarter price, for both."

"40 percent," countered the merchant.

"I'm afraid I couldn't do more than 30. Just the rest of this then." Nick grimaced at the thought of attempting his work without such instruments, but he'd have to think of something else. The man scowled and looked between the pile of supplies and the two sensors a few times, scrunching and rolling his mouth.

"Tell ya what, since you're taking all this off my hands, and I haven't been able to get rid of those things, I can do 30..."

"Ah! Thank you sir!" Nick could scarcely contain his delight. Maybe this ship wasn't sunk yet. He paid his bill, and stuffed the items into a large leather suitcase he had found under one of the shelves. Thanking the man again, he turned to exit the shop.

"Oh, sir? One more thing... Which way to the train station?" He flashed the shopkeep an awkward, embarrassed smile.

-----

Nick sank heavily into the soft cushioned seat in his cabin on the train. The railway hadn't been happy, but they knew of the commotion the previous day and begrudgedly exchanged Nick's ticket. After passing through security, he had made a quick call while awaiting the train. No plan ever survives implementation, but he had finally made it, albeit a day and a half late. The cabin lurched into motion, and soon the pillars and concrete of Ilkairteon slipped away and were overtaken by rolling, verdant landscape. The rhythmic lullaby of the track reached out to Nick, and he slid into a quiet slumber.

**Nick DeRamsey exits City:Ilkairteon to Belluisi.**
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 12th October 2013, 11:22 pm

Open

Sakura finished up at the police department. Demarco had agreed that if in 30 days had no one come and claimed the items that the man had left behind in his death, then she could come and claim them. Though maker knows where she would be by then. Thirty days seemed like an awful long time. She sighs and finally leaves the prescient. Nick would stay with them for a while if not overnight. She chuckled at this thought and finally left. She makes it back home where Navi was pacing the room.

”Where the hell have you been Sakura? I thought you were only going out for a few things?” Navi asked as he watched her walk through the tent door.

Sakura looks at Navi and sighs. “Dealing with that huge incident in town. You can’t tell me you didn’t hear about it.”

”You mean that force user that was in town? I heard about the devastation that was going on, but I didn’t want any problems so I stayed out of it.” Navi explained.

”Lucky you. I wish I could have done that, but noo. I was busy trying to earn my next few meal tickets but the bastered had to go and die on me.” Sakura said sighing heavily. “Instead I had to get the only look of the force user who managed to do that crap. I think I am going to take it on and go after the shit who did this. He ruined a meal ticket for us and I am certain that they will have a wanted picture out on him soon.”

”I am certain there will be. Good luck to you when you go. Go get some rest and then get on to hunting him tomorrow.” Navi said. “The police department or someone may have more information on who, what, when, and where he is.”

“Thanks Navi. Goodnight.” Sakura said before going on up to bed.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd October 2013, 9:53 pm

Open

Sakura was awake at dawn. Navi had managed to drink himself silly during the night and was now snoring on some pillows. Sakura could only roll her eyes at him as she walked passed him. She may have hated men, but she loved this man as her own father. It was a little chilly so she smiled and put a blanket on him. She walked out of their place and stretched as she looked around.

What a place of misfits. She wondered if that man she met yesterday, what was his name, Nick was still in the jail. He seemed to know a lot of information. Though what she needed was to find her next meal ticket. She wanted revenge on the little twit bag force user from the day before as well. What a bitch. Sakura felt her stomach rumbling and put her hand over her stomach. “Shut up…I am going to get some food now.” She said out loud talking to herself.

Sakura left the place and walked to get something to eat. She looked through some of the venders on the streets selling food and opted to eat while she walked. She needed more information so she might have to go back to the police department. Or sense she knew where that man lived she could go there and see if he had a wife or any other children. For that matter she might be able to find out some information about his missing daughter. She at least needed to know that her father had died.

She then gets an idea, what if she called the police department to see if they needed help with the case? She could work for them because more than likely they wouldn’t pursue it sense the man was from the reservation. They would want to put out the information on the man that she had seen as well. She would have to work quickly though if she wanted to get what she needed and what they wanted. She doesn’t even get breakfast as she rushes to her office.

Sakura dialed up the police department’s number.
“Police Prescient 287, Detective Demarco speaking can I help you?”

”Detective Demarco, this is Sakura Alavance. I wanted to know if you guys needed some help with the case from yesterday.”

“Any help is good help Sakura. Yea, we have word here that the man is from the reservation and that’s a place we would rather not go to. If you think you could go there and look up some information about the man that died yesterday to see if he had any family there that would be good. We also want to get the word out on the force user that you caught sight of. We had someone draw up the guy that you described to us and we want those papers to get out. If you are willing to do that than I can see about getting someone to meet you at the train station in half an hour and you can make it on the train.” Demarco said.

“Perfect. Thanks Demarco, I will be there. I can do that and I know it will be under a time table if I will be in the reservation. Those are some crazy people out there.” Sakura said. She finishes up the conversation with Demarco and horridly gets her things together. She writes a note and then rushes back to where she and Navi live. She leaves a note for him and then gets a few things before she leaves. She then makes her way to the train station where she meets with Demarco’s assistant who gives her some information about the job she would be doing. She then pays for her ticket and gets on the train.

Sakura exits City: Ilkairteon to Belluisi

Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th December 2013, 7:29 pm

This role-play is now closed due to the following reasons:

1. MethosArchaic no longer has time to assist as RPM.
2. Several members have voiced an opinion of keeping it private within a smaller group, defeating the purpose of this RP.
3. Inactivity; inability to get a response from inactive members.
4. Christmas Holidays require the use of the RPG stylesheet, which is currently being used by this role-play.
5. Several inactive members have implied or stated that they will not return in the near future.

This role-play may come back as a smaller role-play. No further massive role-plays will be run by Leah7 on this forum ever again. There is not enough people that are willing to work together outside of their normal, small cliques to make this kind of role-play work--especially for one of this scale. As such, never expect to see this style of role-play again, but you may see this setting again, if you are invited.

==> Moved to Role-Play Archives
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top