Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Challiswor

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Challiswor Empty City: Challiswor

Post by JerriLeah7 15th June 2013, 11:34 am

City:  Challiswor 2mgmnie

City Name: Challiswor (Chall- is - wore)
Country/Territory: L'Avaielle Empire
Government Style: Imperial Monarchy
Population: 9,000 Registered Residents
Tech Level: Advanced -- Moderate reliance on Ether Technology
Trade: Technology, Wood, Soap, Medical Advancement, Arts& Crafts, etc.

Challiswor is known as the "City That Never Sleeps."  With its many residents and businesses, even nightlight is extremely busy, and in some locations, loud.  After all, Challiswor pridefully specializes in many of the world's idols, stars, and popular culture, including fashion.  As such, the fashionistas would love you to think that Challiswor is also considered the Center of the World.  A very profitable and one of the keystones of the L'Avaielle Empire, part of the royal family remains to manage many of the businesses, despite the fact that the actual palace of the family resides in Oringar.  

There are many research facilities, offices, and businesses located throughout the city, as well as railways, buses, and trolleys.  The keep the bustling citizens moving smoothly and traffic at a manageable speed.  Horses are not allowed within this city, but motorbikes and other such more advanced methods of travel are.  Every four years. Challiswor hosts continental Airship races, which tends to make the city far busier than in other years.  

Though Challiswor is not as much of an attraction or as "showy" as Dedonia, it is nevertheless appealing in its own way.   Outwardly, a town of businessmen and blue-collared workers and sporting some of the most talented minds of the Empire, one only need to walk through the right door and Challiswor will welcome them with open arms.  

Last edited by Leah7 on 4th December 2013, 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Challiswor Empty Re: City: Challiswor

Post by Guest 3rd August 2013, 2:36 pm

[ATTN: OPEN, Xerxes enters the city of Challiswor]

Looks like business as usual... the restaurant was making a bit of small money right now, compared to what he usually made at high stakes games. "My good Katherine, how's business in the restaurant today?"

"Never been better, Mr. LeRousseau!" Flashing a toothy smile, the short, rather mousy lady serves him in fashion. Money got you very far in this town apparently, as he tips her generously and begins his meal with his poker buddies. "Now, where were we?" It was a heaping helping of calamari, finger food when he was playing games. Casual table, not worth too much, so he was happy with just playing and not thinking. Laughs and fun were had in his small pizzeria. Life was good for him now, and he also got to help the locals...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th August 2013, 4:34 pm

[ATTN: Xerxes]

The small girl enters the restaurant, looks around, and takes a seat. She's quick, agile, and knows just where she wants to go. She doesn't take her time getting to a place that she probably seats herself a lot. Sure enough, Katherine smiles and greets her with a familiar and more casual greeting, asking her if she'd like her usual. The girl confirms that this is indeed so before pulling out a book from a small bag that had hung from around her shoulder and beginning to read.

She's approximately four feet tall, this girl, with yellow-streaked, short hair and a stocky build. She's quite darkly skinned for a Caucasian and her eyes are a brilliant blue as they concentrate and focus on the page before her. She scans the page as Kathrine works away across the room and a man soon arrives thereafter, grinning from ear to ear as he sits across from her.

The girl doesn't lift her gaze from the page, but scowls for a brief second before returning to her neutral, nonchalant expression. It is quite clear that she knows who her guest is without even looking as the man chuckles and she ignores him as he pokes at the back of the book's spine.

"Go away, Ben." The girl says shortly. "I don't have time for a scoundrel like you today. I intend to enjoy my meal."

"C'mon, Petals." He says with a sly wink that she doesn't look at. "Aren't you gonna be my little flower? I just wanna have some fun."

"You heard me. Beat it." The lovely 'Petals' says. She turns the page.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th August 2013, 12:58 pm

[ATTN: 'Petals', open]

Focused on the pot. Eyes on the prize, as he was looking at the cards in front of him. The math was right, everything was falling into place.

He hears some commotion and what sounds like some attempts at a poor pick-up line going on. Great. More of THESE guys.

Oh, darn, and he was just in the middle of playing his game, too. Xerxes excused himself from the table and grabbed his 'other' deck, one that was more for fighting than for playing. The restaurant was a small and cozy one, and it wasn't unknown for being the meet-up spot of some... less-than-reputable charlatans. He sauntered through the blue and black striped room, before finding the two. "Excuse me, can I help you two?" Ever the gracious host, Xerxes was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 17th August 2013, 12:57 am

'Petals' replies almost immediately without hesitation--or without even looking up from her book. "Yeah. I want him gone. He's already annoying me."

Ben scoffs. "C'mon, peach. I thought we were besties? This isn't how ya treat yer friends. Why don't we--"

"I said to shut your trap." 'Peach' snaps at him, slamming her book on the table. She looks up at Xerxes. "Please make him leave, or I'll be forced to do it myself."

"She's just being unreasonable." Ben replies hastily, "I have as much right to be in here as she does. Maybe she should leave for being so rude."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st August 2013, 9:43 am

[ATTN: Petals, Ben, Open]

As LeRousseau, Xerxes felt it necessary to find a peaceful resolution to this... "Now, sir," he began, giving him the gaze of amiability and friendship that was so lulling in most competitions that no one would expect him to come out and completely blow the competition away, "if the lady asked politely earlier, you should probably oblige with her request." He then turned to Petals, "Or would you like to move tables?" There were few tables open right now, not that there were many to begin with in the small space, but he was sure he could accomodate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd August 2013, 3:22 pm

Petals looks somewhat....annoyed. "Move tables? Seriously? I sat here first. If anyone needs to be moved, it's this lout. He keeps stalking me every time I come in here and I do not have to tolerate this shit."

The man shakes his head, looking somewhat somber. "C'mon, Petals! Listen, I just think we should talk this out, huh? We have a lot in common--"

"Shut. Your. Trap." She states bluntly, narrowing her eyes. "I'm reading."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2013, 9:18 pm

[ATTN: Petals, Ben, Open]

Well, that was quite clear. "First come, first serve, my friend." He flashes a smile and tries to get him to another table, preferably one far away. Now that he notices it, the man was rather... not to put it meanly, but a little stocky and even somewhat grunt-looking. His square jaw reminded Xerxes of a man he once busted in a game of blackjack and then subsequently flipped the table over in a fit of rage. Couldn't be the same guy, could it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2013, 12:55 pm

Ben grumbles, standing up and flipping her off before passing her table to move to another. His back is to them both as 'Petals' sighs with relief, but he pauses his walk and then stops abruptly before turning back around with squinted eyes.

"Do I know you?" Ben asks, looking at Xerxes. "Have we met? I mean, you could just have one of those faces, but I don't guess it could hurt to ask."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd September 2013, 5:21 pm

(Open)

**Covina Enters City:Challisor from L'avaielle Empire**

After riding a few hours she entered the city just as it hit lunch time. Perfect she was starving. As she drove into the city she felt at home. It was busy and her motorbike meant she could get around easily without standing out.

Parking her bike up in an secure parking area she stepped out onto the street her bag on her back her pen and pad in one hand her bottle of water in the other as she looked around where to eat Where to eat. Turning around she continued to walk bumping into someone. "Sorry." she said distracted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd September 2013, 11:40 pm

[ATTN: Covina]

As the lady bumps into her, she smiles wide red lips and poofy, brown curly hair that did not look like it was controlled at all. The wild look didn't seem to suit her, either, as the rest of her attire was very orderly and well colored.

"No problem, ma'am." She says brightly. "Just passing out flyers, I should really get out of the way of this area. Please. Take one."

She hands the flyer over to Covina before calling out to another man that was about to walk by without paying her flyer stand any notice. She rushes away from her to near him and pass him a flyer as well, speaking briefly to him with a bright tone as Covina looks down to view the paper for herself:

City:  Challiswor 50mu6c
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th September 2013, 3:57 pm

Covina read the little flyer at least three times before she looked up to see the woman talking to someone else. She turned the flyer over to see if there was any more information. Which there wasn't. Usually she would ignore this sort of thing back in dedonia. But there weren't really any force users there. Surely here there must be a few more at least. It would certainly make an interesting story.. Food could wait for just a little bit longer. But should she really get up and involved in this ?

The sensible one in her told her to drop it. The journalist told her to find out more. She should after all catch both sides of the worlds. Waiting until the lady had finished with the other man she walked up to her with a smile on her face. "Hi. Me again. I'm just curious.. what more could you tell me about this ? and about force users here ?" she asked holding her pad in one hand and her pen in the other.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th September 2013, 7:58 pm

[ATTN: Ben, Petals Open]

Xerxes flashes him an unquestionably familiar smile, one of both friendliness and malice both at the same time. Friendly because he was amiable at the table. Malicious because he was probably going to do something to your money later on. "Sir, you may have seen me before, but that's not important. What's important now is that dinner is on me." He seats him down and gives him a menu, tapping a waitress on the shoulder and giving her the heads up that he can have whatever he wants before returning to Petals. "I hope that wasn't too much of an altercation for you."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th September 2013, 11:55 am

[ATTN:  Xerxes]

"Nah, man."  'Petals' says with a smirk.  "I'm a regular here--it's nice that someone can get rid of assholes like that so peacefully.   I really appreciate it."

She sets down the book and shakes his hand with a polite smile, all of her previous stand-offish attitude now gone completely.  "I'm Chyna.  Nice to meet ya."

[ATTN:  Covina]

The lady smiles widely, pleased that Covina would ask.  She signals over to someone else that had apparently been handing out more flyers in the distance.  He steps closer and she nods her head to him in greeting.  

"This lady--I'm sorry, what is your name?--would like more information about our work.  I'm going to have a chat with her and will return shortly, okay?"

The man nods his head in understanding, quick to grab more flyers in his arm and hand before making his way back to where he was previously.   The lady walks away from the stand, gesturing for Covina to follow as she makes her way to a small table with chairs at the outside of a smaller store that sold tea.

"Pleasure to meet you!"  She says cheerily, "I'm Elexa.  You must be new to Challiswor, so I welcome you to our lovely city.  We have quite a few Force Users here, and I could tell you a lot about their statistics, but I would love to begin with us.

We are representatives of the Puritan Church.  We are all about cleansing Aria and making it whole and pure for all to unite and become a better place.  More importantly, we work to stop events such as...Force User sports games and illegal Ether transport and drug use.

For example, we have an event coming up that we are currently picketing against, due to its danger to the public as a whole.  This event is a yearly one that moves from country to country--it is near Challiswor this year.  This event is called the Forcer Games and it is very dangerous.  Even spectators are in danger of being exposed to dangerous Force Abilities and the Puritan Temple does not believe that such dangers should exist for the mere entertainment pleasures of the bored.

After all, do we not value human life?  I sure think that we do!!  And simple games should not be risking the lives of thousands of people, regardless if they are foolishly willing to take that risk by paying to watch."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th September 2013, 1:30 pm

[ATTN: Chyna, open]

What some people would drop after giving them free food. Well, it's not like he didn't have money to burn so that was fine. "Good to hear that people still simmer down after a while. My name..." Shifty looks, "is Jacques LeRousseau. By the way, have you seen that Worthington fellow?" he sighs and shakes his head. "I don't know why I keep him around, he's only a part timer, isn't he?" Worthingon was, of course, Xerxes' other ego which gets paid minimum wages to basically do nothing. It was then that he pulled up a chair and waved his poker buddies down, crisis averted so no need to get physical. "So, Chyna," he begins, "Why do you enjoy the restaurant? I've gotta know, it's mine, after all."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th September 2013, 3:06 pm

Covina smiled, following her to sit down, ordering a tea while she was there. "It's lovely to meet you too. Sorry I Should of said, my names Covina and yes I'm very new to Challiswor. It's a lovely place." she said before listening to her speak, noting down everything nodding as she talked. After she finished talking she tilted her head in curiousity.

"But like you said, there are plenty of Force Users here, don't they stop you ? Arrest you for things like this ?" She asked. She wanted to roll her eyes at the protesting. But she could see their point. She still didn't know enough of Force users to know everything.

"What happens at the games ? How do you picket against it ? How do the general public feel about your thoughts ?" She asked, ready to start scribbling again when her tea came, she sipped it and put it to the side.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd September 2013, 11:28 pm

[ATTN:  Xerxes]

Chyna smiles, clearly surprised to learn that Jacques owns the place.  "I like it here because the service is good.  The lady up there does her job and does it good.  Plus it's simple, humble.  I hate those overly-fancy places, especially when they are overpriced and serve you nasty food."

She leans back in her chair, setting the book down and relaxing.  "What's it like to own this place, anyway?"

[ATTN:  Covina]

The lovely lady continues, answering questions patiently.  "But of course, there are many Force Users that disapprove of our message.  However, there are also many that support us and understand the change that they need to undergo in order to preserve Aria itself.  

Of course, they can't arrest us--we do have freedom of speech, after all.  Unless we directly cause disturbance of the peace or break a law, no one's going to arrest us--and I can assure you, Ms. Covina, we don't break laws.

The Forcer Games are where two teams or two people are placed into a trap room and must compete against each other to complete the different rules and challenges, depending on the specific game.  Most are quite deadly, but it mostly is there to stoke the egos and passions of Forcers and those that support them blindly.

Are you aware of all the gambling and illegal side bets made there?  These games not only promote a risk factor to those that participate and spectate, it also promotes illegal activities and trades under the guise of a public sporting event--many of us agree on this stance, both Puritans and those of other religions and faiths.  We rarely have an issue here with our point of view, and on the occasions that we do, we simply have a civil debate and close things at a disagreement peacefully.

Even our picketing is peaceful.  We simply state our opinions, act with our rights and freedom of opinion and speech, and hope to open the eyes of those that simply see the fun and playful side of the Forcer Games without realizing the internal risk and corruption that it places on our society."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th September 2013, 4:11 pm

[ATTN: Chyna]

This was totally different from what he had experienced from her just five minutes ago. The irritable young lady was now quite amiable, even straight-up friendly at times, what with her demeanour of calm and collected. "Owning a 'local hotspot', as I like to say, is quite the challenge. You have to figure out who's worth keeping as a customer and who isn't." Looking over the few tables that he had, there were quite a few locals and some travelers... which reminded him. "Hear about the Force Games or whatever they're called? Driving business up, that's what I like to see." Poor fellas though, the entertainment value wasn't worth fighting like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 25th September 2013, 4:23 pm

With this last question, Chyna's eyes light up as a big grin finds its way up on her face. "Hell yeah!! I can't wait for the damn Forcer Games to get here, already! They'll be opening up ticket booths and registration for that today. I'm definitely gonna be there."

She leans forward over the table in a bit of excitement. "I wonder if 'Ether Elos' will be here, this year. Some suspect he's retired after last year's championship, but I'm not too sure, myself. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to just lay down and rest his victory out, if ya know what I mean."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2013, 5:41 pm

Covina nods as she listens. Writing everything she can. She was quite interested in the force user games. Perhaps thinking about the other side of it. The view of the games from the Force users. And from the general public. She looked up at the lady and smiled. "This is .. extremely interesting. See I'm writing a piece on Force users. and i would love to get both sides. I can use these games as a part of it. Thank you very much for your help ma'am. I hope to speak to you again." she said. Of course she didn't mention that she thought it was as bad as these people made out. But there was no point in getting them on the bad side before you wrote anything, Especially if you needed them again.

Standing up she shook her hand. "Again Thank you very much. It was nice talking to you." Leaving the lady she flicked through her notes as she walked. Hmmm.. What she really needed to find now was someone who supported the Force user games, a non force user, and perhaps a force user. Maybe her trip further could wait until after the games...

Not having eaten since breakfast she turned and looked for a place. Spotting a pizzaria resturant she walked in and sat down in a booth, facing a few people, hearing them over talking about the Force user games. Man they were really big. Listening intently she stared at the menu. Glancing at her notes every now and then while she waited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th October 2013, 9:07 pm

[ATTN: Chyna, Covina]

He was about to respond with something about that guy sounding like a complete toolbag, but was quickly greeted when he turned his head by a new customer. And the money-maker within him awoke. "I'm sorry, the Forcer games will have to wait for now, I have someone to seat..." However, he did note one thing to her. "If you're betting on anyone, make it the Jaunter. I have a feeling that Elos' days are numbered." Especially when considering that his 'underground' had some of these scoops that no one else knew about.

"Welcome, m'lady, care to sit?" Of course, there were very few seats open right now in the hustlin', bustlin' restaurant, but there were a couple of stools open at the bar. "We don't have any proper sitdowns, but we have barstools, if you would like to sit down now."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th October 2013, 5:08 pm

[xerxes]

Smiling when she was greeted she nodded. "Yes please, Do you serve food at the bar ? If not could i wait and drink while i wait for a seat ? I'm absolutely starving." she said. She hadn't actually eaten since early hours of the morning. She smiled at him, pocketing her pad and pen. "I don't mean to sound rude, i over heard you talk about the force user games, do you support them ?" she asked curiously. "Perhaps i could talk to you, later on, if your not to busy that is" she said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th October 2013, 5:18 pm

[ATTN: Covina]

"That will be alright, though we are often... experiencing quite a few customers." As he begins to leave, he notices that there was something going on outside... Oh, boy. More protesters in the streets, this time for "Anti-Anti-Force Users"... Xerxes just shakes his head in disgust, why can't people get along... then he remembered why. For a moment, he sympathized with them as his own memories flooded back in. The betrayal. The torment he suffered at her hands. A white hot rage built up inside him as his demeanour changed for just a second. And just like that, he suppressed it. Easily. As if he had been doing it for his whole life. "Sorry, blanked out for a moment. You wanted an interview about the Forcer Games?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th October 2013, 2:11 pm

Glancing outside seeing the protesters protesting about the protesters made her roll her eyes slightly she glanced back at the male who seemed to zone at the protesters. A Flicker of Pain or rage before he looked back at her seemingly normal. She nodded and held her hand out. "Yes, My name is Covina, I'm a Journalist, I've travelled and i'm curious about force users and the force user games. And i overheard you talking about the games, i've heard the side from the less than enthusiastic bunch and i'd like to get as many sides as possible." She smiled. "But you look a little busy at the moment." she said glancing around at the busy diner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th October 2013, 8:43 pm

[ATTN: Covina, Open]

"Ah, yes, yes, the Forcer Games." Xerxes bopped himself on the head. "I would prefer we talk about it now. After all, I might be busy, but I am the owner, after all..." He gives a look to Katherine, after all, she was one of his right-hand women. It meant that she was to take over the business-running for now while the man was tending to business... "One thing, though, I prefer no photographs. My opinion needs to be said, but my face does not need to be shown." The man then pulls out a deck of cards and plays with a card mindlessly. "What questions do you need to ask?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top