Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Mittgar

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Mittgar Empty City: Mittgar

Post by JerriLeah7 15th July 2013, 3:02 pm

City:  Mittgar 5k2fbm

City Name:  Mittgar (Mit -- garr)
Country/Territory:  ICM
Government Style:  Communistic Dictatorship
Population:  37,498 Registered Residents
Tech Level:  Advanced --  Moderate Reliance on Ether Technology
Trade:  Ether, Ether Technology

Mittgar is the "City of Skyscrapers," or also known as the "Colossus of the ICM."  It is the largest city within Aria at this time.  Only the Elven Hinterland shows anywhere close to having as much of a population or a lack of space.  The necessity of the population remaining within Mittgar is due to the volcanic activity within the region, which makes most of the available land inhospitable from the dry heat.  

Towering factories and industries fill the night sky to such heights that one cannot see the majority of the building when looking up from its base.  Regrettably, very little of the night sky can be seen from the streets of Mittgar due to light pollution.  Over half the world's Industrial Ether Technology hails from ICM.  The predominant mode of travel is by train, many hubs throughout the city's infrastructure, although there are many roads for company vehicles.  Mittgar is constantly filled with the noise and bustling activity of its factories and transportation.  

Single, private dwellings do not exist here, though there are many businesses that a single family can own the building for and incidentally live in.  The majority of the population, however, lives within apartments and motel-styled complexes for living, regardless of whether or not they own their particular room or simply rent it.  The land in Mittgar is an almost non-existent commodity and those that do own it typically set up housing to make profit.  

Every decade or so, the ICM auctions off available land and strictly regulates the maximum amount purchasable by any one individual or family.  This land generates income as well as steadily expands Mittgar as its technology improves for land reclamation.  Mittgar also houses the most extensive network of utilities and Ether pipelines that appear often throughout its city structure.  Much of the ICM's Ether shipping is done here, where its Ether is directly packaged for shipment from the constant supply of the Ether Refineries.  

Mittgar was one of the partner cities that assisted in creating Ether Meters and starting node of the Ether Registry.  Though the registry now encompasses may other countries and has registry owned facilities throughout Aria, the primary Registry database is rumored to be located here.  Not much else is known of the database of the registry, itself, nor is its exact location within the city.

Additionally, many companies and employers offer health benefits that are subsidized by the ICM to treat and maintain the health of the citizens of Mittgar.  The air of the ICM is slightly toxic due to the volcanic activity of nearby volcanoes and the factory and industry of ICM.  The air here is usually darker, thicker, and hazy--ones eyes must adjust to living here in order to see properly.  Many wear goggles or respiratory masks if dwelling on the streets for long periods to minimalism health concerns.  Any tourist will notice the lack of natural light, a difficulty in breathing and seeing, and will be warned of various health advisories when entering ICM territory.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Mittgar Empty Re: City: Mittgar

Post by MethosArchaic 21st July 2013, 5:05 pm

[Attn: Streets Of Mittgar, Utility Co-workers, open]

Teague turned off the radio of the Utility Department service Truck he was in as he got out along with the other 3 people he was with. Several other trucks pulled up up and down the street at a couple spots, pulling off onto the shoulder.

Walking around to the back of the truck he pulled out the barricades along with Derek, Miller, and Thomas as they drug them down the round and set them up blocking this lane of traffic.

The sound of his respirator constantly filling and emptying as he breathed in the air of the city. Lifting the end of the barricade he set it in the bracket of the other end and started back towards the trucks.

"Flannagan! Over here!" called his boss Issac Nickels.

They'd been talking it over this morning in the office just before they went out again. Apparently one of the Ether filtration stations was down again, and they had to take care of it while it was running on it's emergency system.

They had maybe a dozen guys on this. "So what is it?" Teague asked as he got over there. and up towards the guys already pulling the service panels and reading the blinking diaognositics screens and gauges.

"Seems the valves aren't shutting down completely." Nickles said looking down over the should of the guy reading the gauges. Damn Ether is getting by the main filter -"

"So I need to route it from before the Valve to the backup, right?"

"No body likes a wise-ass Flannagan." His Boss grumbled as that's what he want'ed this boy to do. "We'll change the valve while you do that. Wait till I give the word."

"Yes boss." Teague said nodding, as he went to follow Bill towards the bad valve. Other works where digging in the trucks getting the Valves and saws nessisary to change it during this window. All this hustle, all because Teague could only hold open a gate for fifteen or twenty minutes max. Normally they would shut the whole system down but that's what he was for after all.

----------

"Now Teague." Issac Nickles said imperially.

Teague exhaled deeply letting out all his air, his hand reaching down and flipping the switch at his waist engaging the ether feed. He drew a deep breath full of the rich taste of ether, along with the air humming madly through the filter on his respirator. His whole body started to tingle starting from his lungs as his body absorbed the ether.

Placing a hand on the pipe a couple feet before the valve he raised his hand towards the Backup system. His eyes locking on the correct line as he reaching inside both it and the one under his hand. His aura twisting and linking the spaces inside together, a conduit forming between the two as his force formed up.

Teague nodded, "All set!" he called out through his respirator.

"Alright, Purge that system and get that valve changed out right this instant." He might as well not have said a dang thing, the men already where tearing into their work. The hiss as ether fled out the relief valve and the roaring of saws as they started cutting the pipe on both sides of the valve.

All in all, just another rush job. Teague's handler had searched far and wide for a job his power was suitable for, and well this was it... Well one of them anyway. Force users had it hard enough, but at least he had a couple jobs that covered 'reasonable' costs of his power.

The day had only just started... no telling how much more fun he'd have for the day.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd July 2013, 10:27 pm

Abri pulled the saddle off of her horse, Buttercup, and tossed it and the blanket on its post in the small single stall stable in her backyard.  It wasn't much of a yard, cobblestone really as there was no grass in the city, but it made her feel special to say "yard."  With practiced movements, she removed Buttercups bridle and stored it as well.  Filling a small bucket with some oats, she hung it where the horse could get it and set to brushing her coat smooth.  Though she was exhausted from working her last 12 hour day of the week and her bi-weekly ride, the regular chores calmed her and centered her.  This was the time of day when she put work out of her mind and moved on to thinking about other things...like her highly illegal job.

Finished with her chores, she nuzzled Buttercup's nose, laughing when the horse snuffled and blew her hair around.  "Goodnight, horse."  Buttercup nipped at Abri's legs as she walked away and she laughed as she dodged.  Buttercup hated it when she called her horse, but it amused her, so she kept doing it.  Inside her small townhouse, squished between a whole block of identical townhouses, she carefully locked the door and set her bag on a table.  She checked all the windows and doors before going upstairs to her small bedroom and the tiny bath.  After a quick shower, she dressed in her favorite loose pants and shirt before going back down.  

Checking out the windows, making sure the coverings were all in place, she sat at the table with a cup of tea and pulled her bag to her.  The two buttons on her messenger bag were large and only she knew that the tops came off, exposing a space inside the button big enough for her purposes.  Her bag was searched each day when entering and leaving Holistans Ether Refinement and Pharmaceutical Industries where she worked as an Ether tester.  In her bag she carried some food to eat when she had time, a notebook, and a schedule.  It had taken her a long time to build up a positive reputation despite her User Unit level and particular ability and to anyone that knew her at the refinery, she appeared to be an honest, hardworking woman, determined to get past the stigma of being a user.

Pulling the tops off the left button, she carefully removed the four ether pills she was able to store in there and then did the same with the other.  Under the loose floorboard under the table, she pulled out the nearly full pumpkin seed packet and dropped the pills into it with the others, sealed the envelope and then replaced the floorboard.  Right on schedule, she had enough ether pills to make a delivery.  Pleased with herself, she opened a drawer and pulled out sanitizing wipes and then returned to her bag.  Abri sat at the table and used the wipes to clean the space in the buttons, just in case that secret was ever found out, no one would know she put pills in there.  The residue left behind would be easy enough to test.  Replacing the tops on the buttons, she threw the sanitizing wipes away and hung her bag on the hook by the door.  Business done until she left for her delivery next week, she trudged back up to her room and collapsed on her bed, exhaustion setting in and she was out as soon as her head hit the pillow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 25th July 2013, 7:02 pm

[Attn: Open]
[POV: Teague Flannagan]

Teague held the metal spool against his chest, heavy with electrical wire, second gauge copper wire to be exact. It was incredibly heavy and Teague strong though he was still had considerable difficulty walking due to it's weight.

Having finally waddled over his face red like some strange sun burnt pig faced penguin lowered his legs and twisted so the roll landed on it's side. "Seriously....." Teague remained hunched over for a second as he rested his back and muscles. "Could'a killed for some help mate."

Bailen looked from where he was braced pulling down on a rope to hoist up an ether sensor dangling from a pulley on a metal frame above. Most likely he was going to respond but just gave up on it, after all the wire was already here.
"Hey Macomb! It in place yet? Bolt the thing already!"

Teague though he hadn't enjoyed carrying the wire still went over, and grabbed a hold of the rope to help Bailen. He could feel the rope even through his leather work gloves, man it was taunt. Worst part was he hadn't been able to make a call yet, he was due at the foundry in a half hour.

"Tell me again why everything takes so long to tear out?"

"Are you seer-ously asking?" he said having to strain to lower a couple inches and then pull back and adjust it back up a bit to Macombs hand signals.

"Nah. Just running late for McCorbins!" Teague answered back, raising his voice over the loud power ratchet Macomb was putting the bolts in with. Even just the first bolt relieved tons of tension off the rope but they didn't let go yet. No signal had been given ye---- that makes the second one.

"Don't worry, we'll drive you by." At least the guys were usually pretty helpful when they got hung up on a job. "Hey you jog today? I can't remember"

"No! Biked!" Teague said over the sound of the Ratchet, a light from above drew both their attention sharply... A shower of sparks rained down nearby as Macomb's assistant up above probably started grinding something. They probably had to weld something together up there, maybe something had cracked or was messed up.

The pneumatic hammering of the ratchet stopped, and Macomb sounded the all clear from above. They let the line go slack and they undid the hooks and clamps that had held the Sensor.

"Hey guys, need that Wire Spool up here!" Macomb shouted down from up above.

"Seems like we won't be done just yet huh Bailen." Teague said they started letting the rope out hand by hand, getting ready to hook the spool up to the bar and hoist it up too.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hopping down from the raised seat Bailen's truck, Teague wrapped his fingers around the car door then slammed the door closed. "Thanks Bailen!" Flannagan shouted with a wave of his hand to Bailen, whom nodded even though he probably couldn't hear him through all the noise in the foundry combined with the trucks badly in need of service engine.

Even as he walked inside, Teague wished he'd had time to stop and wipe down. He felt absolutely a mess, the grime and dirt had made tiny sweat runlets on his exposed skin, it almost resembled a vast sweat river system.

"Teague you're LATE!" Mr McCorbin yelled throwing Teague's foundry coveralls to him just as he entered the doors to the foundry cat-walk. "Suit up. I needed you an hour and a half ago."

Trying to keep pace with Mr. McCorbin, Teague was hopping on one foot as he forced his leg through his coveralls, "I couldn't get away! Some idiot ran into one of the power poles for a Ether Sensor. Blew the who-"

"Don't care, you're over an hour late, get your butt over to the vats." McCorbin said just as Teague managed to land both feet on the catwalk after a short hop, and slung his arm down into a sleeve. "I'm gonna go talk to the smelters, gonna kick it into over drive now. Got highway crossbeams to poor, rush order for the 307, their supplier fell threw and I am sure as not letting this opportunity slip away... Got that Teague? Teague?" He was looking around, but Flannagan was already running down the crosswalk.

"SAFETY VIOLATION FLANNAGAN!" McCorbin yelled, making Teague stop and look back. The boy hunched his shoulders and shouted something back, but his posture obviously made it pretty plain. McCorbin jerked his head down to the vats, and Teague took off again. Bringing his hand up to his mustache, he ran his fingers through it, was he gonna do a thing about it? Nah, but he couldn't not vent on the boy. Then the owner looked at his hand..... and noticed the rust and soot on his gloves, which he'd just wiped all in his beard... Ohh well, the Mrs liked the smell.

[CURRENT TIME - Mittgar: 3:42 PM]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 31st July 2013, 9:27 pm

[Attn:Open]
[POV: Teague Flannagan - PC]

His hands pressed against the cool tiles on the wall using it to support his upper body as Teague leaned under the cool jets of water emitting from the shower head and onto his head and neck.

"uuhhhhhggggggghhh" elicited a groan of weary release from him as his body slowly relaxed. He vary much wanted to soak forever, but he reached over and primed the button with the end of his palm to get the soap from the dispenser.

"and I've got to get my bike yet..grrreeat." grumbled the weary foundry-man as he quickly scrubbed down his body. Normally he'd be sharing the shower room with some of the other guys, who liked to shower before commuting home. Normal enough, that no one paid any mind to the lack of partitions or walls between the many faucets in the washroom. Hell some people just where wired to get embarrassed about showering with a bunch of other dudes, but Teague would rather be clean before a good jog home. Soot, ash, dust, grime, you know a typical day working at McCorbin's, well it just didn't feel good with exercise.

He finished rinsing his hair, he'd wait till he got home to wash it better, plus they didn't have shampoo dispensers here like the soap, fricking cheapskates. Reaching behind him, Teague turned off the water before walking out of the showers and into the locker room... strode across the rough tiles and pulled up the latch to his locker, from which hung the open padlock he typically secured it with.

He got out a towel and started drying off, this one was getting a bit stiff, dang. Means he needed to bring another one in a day or two to switch out. Draping the towel over his shoulders, Teague reached back in for his duffel and set about getting some light airy running pants. Don't ask why the pants where the color of arctic camouflage, it just fit Teague's style.

"Hey Flannagan."

The sound of someone calling him, made him lean over so he could peek around the row of lockers and to the door. "What?" It was McCorbin, probably came to chew his ass out for earlier. 'Couldn't he give me a break, my body's sore enough from all the force channeling you made me do.' McCorbing made his way around the lockers and started talking.

"I know I worked you hard today, -" which was a total understatement, by Teague's outlook. "But I want you to come in early tomorrow."

"Wh-what?! Don't be shitting me like that, I've hung up the towel already." Teague threw the towel onto the hook in his locker. "See?" he said making a point of the action.

"I know, your Supervisor called me to let me know you'd be late." McCorbin stressed the last word just a fraction causing Teague to sigh in defeat as he pulled on a tank-top over his chest. "You don't work the weekends, and you could use the money anyway Teague."

"Don't remind me." Being a force user was hard enough with the right employers, but Teague liked to train when the opportunity arose. All that training wrecked havoc on his budget, so he often had to resort to his other less costly hobbies. "Let me think about it, ok? It's taxing, ya know?"

"Yeah, yeah I know." Which McCorbin did, though not personally himself as he wasn't a force user, but he had seen enough of them to get a grasp of it. "Just let me know by morning."

"Sure, fine, whatever." he said dismissively as he grabbed his pack and slung it up on his shoulder, then properly put it on and locked the belt at the waist. He walked out of the locker room and out the building, out into the relatively cool air outside.

'I need a drink, that's what I need.'

Not really feeling like jogging anymore, he'd just walk the way. He pulled out his respirator and settled it over his mouth, checking that it fit properly. 'In... out... in.. out. good' The thing was working properly, and the filters hadn't changed color yet either. Even though he'd been putting on his mask, he already was starting to walk the streets, into what amounted as a cool Mittgar night, though Outlanders would think it uncomfortable... hell it was almost chilly for the first couple minutes out of the foundry, but it all felt good.

"Ehhh, maybe I'll cut through the third residential sector. Visit one of the bar's close to my place." It was a short cut, well not really but you know what they say: Sometimes it pays to take the long route. That and not to mention, the scenery was a touch nicer then the sector he lived in.

[Time: Sometime after 8:00PM, Friday]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 7th August 2013, 8:22 pm

[ATTN: Streets of Mittgar - Third Residential District, Open]

*Ding* *ding* *Ding* *ding*

Teague leaned against a light-post near the railroad tracks as the train droned out the noise of the city, it's wheels clacking and squeaking as the car's rattled on past. "Hundred forty five, Hundred forty seven...." The count being rattled off aloud as the wayward son waited to carry on, to find peace when the night was done.

- or at least get a good start with a few beers.

"Hundred seventy two.." the count kept rattling off as the shadows danced and flickered from the lights on both sides of the crossing, making Teague's shadow dance from one spot to another as light peeked through the racing cars. His shoulders tightened for a second as he rose from the pole and got read to walk again. The rear caboose had just gone by, "Hundred Eighty three." It wasn't the longest or shortest train Teague had seen, but it was a tad on the long side.

*Ding* *ding* *Ding* *ding* The crossing arms finished raising and rested in there full upright and locked position.

Teague turned to the one on his right as he walked through. The young man bowing at his waist, his feet spun as they gained momentum. "Gentlemen." he nodded in respect to these lone artificial sentinels despite they didn't respond or suddenly become animated, after all that would just be weird.

Having lounged around plenty enough due to getting caught by the train, Teague felt like jogging at least part of the way. There wasn't an excuse for just walking the whole way, that would just be lazy. As his chest rose and fell with his breathes, his arms pumped and legs ran, he could hear the familiar jingle and weight of his I.D. tags against his chest. It was somewhat hard to hear them due to the respirator but people got used to noises and could drive them out to some degree over years of exposure.

His breathing and movements fell into a normal rhythm as he reached his stride. The next obstacle was the highway, all that took was a turn to the over-walk and his sneakers quickly performed a rubber drum roll as he ran up the stairs. Teague was forced to turn his whole body as he moved to avoid running into the traffic coming down the steps and he worked his way up to the covered walk.

Mittgar contained all sorts of crosswalks, tunnels, overhangs and things to expedite foot-traffic to those in the city at least if you where used to it. Truth was most people where far to lazy to go learn them all, the train was easier. Then again, having to pay those transit fees was a mess, having to go through the hustle and bustle of all that? Like Teague would deal with that, the streets where free both of people and cost. Then again, the extra filters did add up in their own way, but it was a cost easily handled. Making sure to exercise like this kept Teague from becoming a couch potato, or worse become another tick of the rising obesity of the ICM.

What did you expect from a nation that the majority spent there free time stuck inside? 'Shame really.' If only a few more people picked up hobbies or activities that where fun and kept you fit. Then again even most hobbies and sports had to be played inside, considering the sky and air of the ICM.

This turn brought him into another subdivision of the residential district, and added a few more minutes to get to a bar. Teague was almost considering scrapping going to the bar and just stopping at gas-station to pick up a six pack of beer in glass.

Why glass?

Cause it tastes better! That's why! At least as far as Flannagan was concerned with his limited experience with the many and varied types of drinks out there.

So there you have it:

Glass just makes it taste better.
Sneakers are made for running.
And Night's are made for fun.

As Teague jogged through the neighborhood, he took note of a few that where lit up. The families inside spending time together, a few where settling down for a late dinner, some had kids playing games at the table. Normal everyday occurrences.... did that old lady wave at him while petting her cat? Yep, sure did. 'Note to self: Avoid creepy cat lady.'

It was still shaping up into a good night. He was jogging now that he'd relaxed part way with a walk, and now his biggest problem was whether or not to go to a bar or stop by the gas station and pick some up before walking home.

[Time: 8:53 PM, Friday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th August 2013, 10:15 pm

Lying in bed, she stared at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep.  Abri was exhausted, but her brain just wouldn't stop moving through everything she had to do.  Besides that, at least once per week she had to worry about her smuggling side business.  If she were caught...the very idea of the consequences made her shudder.  Sighing, she sat up and threw her legs over the side of her bed, pulling on her shoes.  A walk may help in getting her thoughts in gear and finally put her mind to rest.  Double checking all the locks, she left the house, double locking the door behind her.  Not far away, she heard the train pass and headed that way, relieved she'd missed the evening freight.  

As Abri started walking, she fitted her respirator over her face, ensuring that she breathed cleanly while outside.  It was warm, as usual, and she started sweating immediately.  Out in the open, Abri let her worries come out, examine them, so that when she got home, she could put them away and get some rest.  Smuggling ether was a dangerous business and while, yes, she did do it partly for the money, she mostly did it for the sake of the people that needed it.  Her own mother had been addicted to cheap ether pills after the death of her father.  Abri had hated to see her like that, strung out and sick.  She'd done something she now regretted.  She started weaning her mother off of the ether drugs, but one night while at work, her mother had jumped from the roof of their home, dying instantly.  After she'd recovered from the grief, she'd committed herself to ensuring that no one else died senselessly from needing those drugs.

Abri pushed her thoughts away from her mother and to her upcoming shipment.  She had everything she needed, now she just had to make contact with her client in north and make her travel plans.  The usual would hold, the visit to her "grandmother" a good excuse to make the trip as often as she did.  She eyed the green ether meter on her wrist and narrowed her eyes.  She hated the thing, hated that she had to use her talent, but not enough to get noticed.  But the meter was necessary to maintaining her image of dutiful citizen with the curse of a user talent.  She'd worked much too hard to get where she was now, to have the respect in her position even with her particular talent.  Sighing, she allowed herself a minute to wonder if this was what her life would be forever.  
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 8th August 2013, 10:33 pm

[ATTN: Abri Jamison, Neighborhood, Open]
[POV: Teage Flannagan - PC]

There are always a few things you had to watch out for late at night when alone. The first was people lounging or loitering around, the area didn't really matter exactly. The second thing was to not flash around money. Third, don't walk around wearing anything particularly valuable.

None of those things would have triggered a warning flag or anything. Teague hardly ran around carrying tons of money or anything particularly valuable, and well this was the residential area and no one seemed to be forming little groups or being suspicious.

Then again maybe Teague should have made a number four to the list. That being: Avoid talking to strangers. The problem was that Teague had been jogging for a few minutes and gotten into the tenements without anything coming up, except that he'd seen someone walking alone.

As he'd jogged, he had noticed that the person was looking at their wrist quite a lot. The blinking lights had made Teague guess that it was an ether meter, but he hadn't expected to have the streetlight reveal that it was a woman. It had caused him to close to a walk, and wonder about the situation.

The details of the woman where pretty hard to make out given the distance and the lighting. All Teague could really be sure of, was that she had decently long hair, it was dark (who knew if it was dyed, it was all the rage amongst young women), and that she was in fact Caucasian.

So as he casually walked down his side of the sidewalk across the street, and they passed each other, he turned and stopped watching her. 'Yep, most definitely a new forcer.' Teague concluded, as he was pretty sure he caught sight of a frown.

Without needing to cup his hands around his mouth to carry his voice, he just shouted out to the woman.

"Hey! Staring at it won't make it fall off you know!" He gave it a second of pause as he rose his right arm and shook his dull  and unremarkable ether meter around his wrist. "Trust me, I know."

He must have looked mighty silly, hell he felt like an idiot for just blurting out like that to a complete stranger. Yeah it would be best to get the heck out of there, she probably had stuff to do.

"Sorry for bothering you! Guess I'd better leave you alone, maybe I'll catch you around later or something." Yeah she probably was going out to hang with her friends or something, she wasn't wearing any uniform or work clothes that he could notice. Teague waited just a second in case she wanted to talk or anything, but he was pretty sure that the woman was meeting up with her girlfriends or something.

'Just as long as I don't get the kid treatment. If I have to explain that I am not under twenty, and that I don't have to worry about the stinkin' curfew, just one more time!' He thought getting upset again, over his vertical problems and the fact that he just looked young.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2013, 1:35 pm

Abri turned at the voice. She'd noticed the young man walking and had pretended to ignore him, not wanting to draw much attention to herself from a stranger. Listening to the young man, he seemed average enough, not like any of the thugs that could be around at this time of night. She really only felt safe in this neighborhood at night because she'd lived here her entire life and everybody knew her and her family. Hesitating a moment, she started across the street to the man, not wanting to shout a conversation with him. As she drew closer, she saw he was about to leave and she held up a hand. "Wait. I know they won't come off, I've worn it for years. I was contemplating what had led me to this point in my life." She stopped a few feet from him. "I don't recognize you, do you live around here or walk through this neighborhood often?" Abri wasn't really sure why she was starting a conversation with a stranger, it wasn't really a safe thing to do. Maybe she was more lonely than she thought. With her parents dead, her sister married to a high ranking official and wanting little to do with an older force user sister, and her busy job and smuggling business, she really didn't have much time to spend making friendships or just talking to people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 11th August 2013, 2:25 pm

[Attn: Abri, Open]
[Time: 9:02 PM, Friday - Mittgar]

Luckily enough for Teague he hadn't completely be-lined it out of there, so he was mildly surprised when the girl actually waved at him to stop and crossed the street to him.

"Ahhh, that. Deep subject that, been active for sometime too." Teague said as he shrugged off the sometimes depressing thoughts of being a Forcer. Now she was pretty close, but at a comfortable distance. Seemed to Teague that she too might be out for a walk tonight, she definitely wasn't dressed to kill or work.

"I don't recognize you, do you live around here or walk through this neighborhood often?"

"Sometimes in the mornings, when I run or bike to work." he said as way of explanation. "Ohh! Sorry, forgot to introduce myself." He realized a second to late, he probably should have done that first.

Reaching up to his face, Teague pulled his respirator down. The night air rushed in, cool compared to his warm face. Extending his hand to her he offers it to shake, "Teague, Flannagan. Athletic, Workaholic, Forcer."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2013, 2:56 pm

[Attn: Teague, Open]
[POV: Abri Jamison - PC]
[Time: 9:02 PM, Friday - Mittgar]

She smiled and took his hand, shaking it briefly before removing her own respirator.  "Abri Jamison.  Workaholic and apparently an insomniac tonight."  She shook her head a little.  "So, you just got off of work?  Same here.  Night shift is nice, but it messes with your sleep habits."  Abri looked down the street, making sure no one else was loitering around before she turned back to Teague.

The girl had a nice healthy grip, refreshing that she did shake his hand. "Normally I get off earlier. Just happened to be late from one job to the other and had to make it up." She was right that night shift messed with your body's natural rhythm.

"Just heading home, but not up to much. Was still trying to figure out what to do tonight." Teague looked around too, it was kind of quiet and diserted this time of night in the tenaments. "Thought I might just grab a 6-pack and relax at home. You live around here?" He finished thinking about homes and all that, and not realizing that he might be tredding close to uncomfortable grounds.

Abri tilted her head as she looked at him, though she kept her smile.  "Yes, not too far, just around the block where it turns into townhouses.  What about you?  Do you live close or just work nearby?"  She stopped and then laughed.  "Sorry, you don't have to answer that.  I sometimes get carried away when meeting someone new and getting a chance to have a real conversation.  Working during hours that most people are sleeping and sleeping when people are awake doesn't make for building many friendships."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 11th August 2013, 4:11 pm

[Time: 9:03 PM, Friday - Mittgar]

- What about you?  Do you live close or just work nearby?"

Teague opened his mouth to respond but Abri cut him off with her laughter.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer that.  I sometimes get carried away when meeting someone new and getting a chance to have a real conversation.  Working during hours that most people are sleeping and sleeping when people are awake doesn't make for building many friendships."

Teague tilted his head just a fraction of a bit as he shrugged, "Nah, perfectly fine." His hand rose and as he thought how to answer, his hand rubbing his chin and his mouth crooked to a side.

"I live over off Maccenon Street, it's in the second residential district." His hand left his chin and he waved it in a so-so motion as he continued, "It's maybe twenty or thirty minutes from here, at least I think so." He never really paid much mind about how far he lived from McCorbin's. It made him wonder just how long he'd been walking, normally he jogged.

"It probably at least the same from the foundry to here. To be honest, I don't really think about it much." Teague said dismissively, as if it wasn't much.

"Hey, I have an idea." Suddenly Teague waggled a finger at her as his mind settled it's decision of tonight's activity. "You busy tonight?" Even though he was pretty sure she wasn't considering she had actually just stopped to talk to him, but you never knew.

Besides there was a saying: Assuming, makes an ass out of you and me.

And Teague was pretty sure that he didn't want to make himself look like an ass, not to a girl he had just met. That just wouldn't have been cool. I mean just because he looked young, didn't mean he had to act young.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2013, 10:48 pm

She nodded along with him, recognizing his street name. Abri had lived in Mittgar her entire life, she knew the city pretty well by now. His question made her pause and she hesitated before answering. Teague seemed like a nice enough guy, but what did she really know about him? It sounded like he jogged to work, which he worked two jobs, and had seemed honest enough with her. Frowning, she looked him over and was about to say she wasn't busy, then stopped. He looked really young and before she agreed to do anything with him, she had better find out how old he was. Her entire life and her side business depended on her not drawing negative attention to herself. Spending time with someone underage would draw all kinds of negative attention.

"No offense, Teague, but you look very young. I'm 29, though I look younger, but it would be really inappropriate and possibly illegal to be out with you after curfew. How old are you?" She felt bad asking, but it was important.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2013, 4:19 pm

"No offense, Teague, but you look very young. I'm 29, though I look younger, but it would be really inappropriate and possibly illegal to be out with you after curfew. How old are you?"

'You've gotta be kidding me!' The dark thought rose instantly in his heart, and it most definitely wasn't to do with how old or young SHE was. Ohh he caught all she was saying, he just displeased that another person had assumed he was a teenager or something. Didn't help everyone fracken carded him wherever he went.

"Just how young did you take me for anyway?" He waited for her response...

"I'm twenty six." He said flatly, not pleased with her answer but understanding. "I know I look young but jeeezzzz, really?" He reached into his back pocket, and fished out his wallet. "Here I'll show you."  Teague flipped open his wallet and pulled out his I.D. and extended it out to her to take.

It was pretty obvious a touchy subject to Teague, after all it's not like he would get away with making a fake I.D. or sneaking around after curfew for long. Nope, the registry would red tag any Forcer who tried it.

He had to remember it wasn't her fault, that he looked so bloody young. "Sorry I snapped at you. If you don't mind a little walk, I'll treat you as way of an apology."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th August 2013, 7:20 pm

{Attn: Teague, open}

"Just how young did you take me for anyway?"

She winced at his freak out and felt kinda bad, but she had to check. His question put her on the spot though. "Umm, 17?"

"I'm twenty six." He said flatly, not pleased with her answer but understanding. "I know I look young but jeeezzzz, really?" He reached into his back pocket, and fished out his wallet. "Here I'll show you." Teague flipped open his wallet and pulled out his I.D. and extended it out to her to take.

Abri took the ID, though she believed him, but barely glanced at it before handing it back. "I'm sorry, I just can't afford attention from guards or police. I know how you feel, I get carded all the time. You don't need to apologize, I'd like to walk with you. Where did you have in mind?"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2013, 8:19 pm

[Attn: Abri, open]

"Well, first: I need to drop off my work clothes at the house." Teague said when Abri asked about the plan. He lifted his mask over his mouth and started walking the way he'd already been before running into her.

"After that, we can go to a bar or to a Rave." Then he remembered she mentioned something about not wanting cops involved. Maybe she on probation for something else, Teague knew how that worked...

"But if that's too risky, we can just go find a club or something. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble or anything." Teague raised his ether meter and tapped it's casing. "Chains and shackles, know the feeling myself." It wasn't much, but having to be under the eye of a parole officer sucked. Then again, the required anger management and community service hadn't been all that horrible.

"So which'll it be? Bar, Club, Rave? Heck if it's more up your alley, we can probably find a bowling alley still open."

There was an awkward pause... "Huh. Bowling humor." It hadn't been intentional, but he did notice that he'd just been pretty lame.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th August 2013, 7:20 pm

"So which'll it be? Bar, Club, Rave? Heck if it's more up your alley, we can probably find a bowling alley still open." Pause. "Huh. Bowling humor."

Abri looked at him and then laughed. "I like bowling, but let's go to a club. I could use a drink and a dance."

She hesitated for a minute and looked away toward the direction they were walking. "I've not been in trouble or anything like that, don't worry, I'm not a convicted criminal." The key word was convicted. "I've just worked really hard to get where I am in my job and earn trust despite my force user status. Not that I think you'd get me into trouble, but Raves have a way of getting crazy and I don't want to risk getting drawn into something. Besides, I'd like to be able to talk or at least hear you." She looked over at him. "Is a club okay with you?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 16th August 2013, 5:48 pm

[POV: Teague Flannagan]

"I like bowling, but let's go to a club. I could use a drink and a dance."

Seems like it's gonna be a club then. Abri started going on, about getting into trouble, you know the whole normal Forcer childhood thing. Well, actually, she didn't say that or really go into detail about it. It wasn't long before she looked over and asked, "Is a club okay with you?"

"Should be, though I wouldn't be honest if I said I wouldn't rather Rave." Teague shrugged a single shoulder as he said it. "Still will be fun, and I can respect your desire for avoiding trouble. Raves can.... devolve or entrap you faster than a dead backyard pole dancer in a lightning storm."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th August 2013, 5:55 pm

Abri laughed and nodded.  "That they can.  I do like to Rave occasionally."  She looked over at him as they walked.  "How about next time we go to a Rave?  You know, if we decide to do something again."  Rolling her eyes at herself, she walked on silently.  Abri was tired, but her loneliness was stronger.  She didn't want to miss an opportunity to make a new friend just for sleep.  She could catch up on sleep later.  She was desperate for distraction, something to break from the routine and maybe eventually, someone to be honest with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 19th August 2013, 2:53 pm

Abri laughed and nodded.  "That they can.  I do like to Rave occasionally."  She looked over at him as they walked.  "How about next time we go to a Rave?  You know, if we decide to do something again."

"Well if I don't turn out to be horrible company, then who knows. Right?" Teague answered smiling, and upbeat. Teague glanced over at her from the corner of his eye, 'Wow, seems she's coming on to me, unless I am imagining it.' all of which wasn't particularly a bad thing. When had been the last time he'd actually went out with a girl?

Teague let out a sigh as they walked, the respirator covering up the sound. 'Seriously, I work too much.'. Sad when your already in your mid-twenties and you can't even get a girlfriend. Well it was better not to rush it, after all Abri might not be looking for one... 'Maybe she already has a boyfriend.' If so, then Teague should be careful. Guy's didn't take well to someone butting in on their turf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teague turns down the hall after climbing the covered stairs on the outside of his building. He notices the door lights and which are on/off. As they reach the top of the steps, Teague fishes around in his pocket in search of his keys... He stops rather abruptly, and starts patting his other pockets. Wallet? Check. Keys?

Keys???

"Ohhh just great." Teague sighs as he fums at his own stupidity, storming off towards his door. It becomes apparent to Abri that Teague doesn't seem to happy, and his hands patting himself down give her clear insight into the fact he forgot his keys. "Seriously, where the heck did I leave them?" He mumbles under his breath, maybe they where in his backpack, but he doubted it. There was only one thing that could have been the cause of all this....

McCorbin.

Jerk, ass-hat, slave driver.

Teague had probably left them in the locker room during the conversation when his boss had came to call and distracted him.

The nameplate under the big gold number 12 on the door reads:

Flannagan, Teague.

[Time: 9:26 PM, Friday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2013, 9:12 pm

The remaining walk to Teague's apartment was quiet, each with their own thoughts. As a woman, naturally she was analyzing this and trying to see where it was going. It really wasn't like her to meet people randomly on the street late at night and agree to go anywhere with them. Maybe it had been her thoughts about her family just before she'd met Teague that had made her feel lonelier and willing to have some sort of human contact. Maybe something would grow out of this. Shaking her head at herself as they climbed the stairs to Teague's apartment, she told her overactive brain to shut it. It didn't matter what would happen and maybe it would benefit everyone if she didn't try to predict or plan the future.

Teague patting his pockets and cursing under his breath drew her attention back to him and she frowned. Pulling her respirator mask up, she stopped behind him at his door. "Lose something, Teague?" Abri looked up at the door when he stopped in front of it. "Ah, keys. Do you keep a spare anywhere?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 25th August 2013, 1:25 pm

"Lose something, Teague?" Abri asked, and it was totally one of those statements of the obvious.

He clamped his mouth shut and let out a bit of steam, rather than glare daggers at her for his own stupidity. What was the saying? 'Silence is golden.' Yep this was one of those moments.

"Ah, keys. Do you keep a spare anywhere?" His actually quite fetching partner of the night asked.

"New locks, haven't had time to have any made." Teague contemplated going down the hall and seeing if the manager was in, but he hadn't seen their car in the parking lot. He even looked back towards the stairs as if still contemplating it.

He glanced down at his ether meter for a second, then rose his hand and started to do some math on his fingers pretty quick. "Calling a locksmith at this hour would be costly."

In an effort to manage his expenses Teague settled on the dimensions of his next plan of action. As his hand extends, a shimmer can be seen in the air ahead of the doorknob. There is a slight glow around the circular portal, but it doesn't stand out distinctly. However inside the portal the deadbolt on the other side of the door can be seen instead of the knob on this side.

"Besides this is easier." Teague says in way of explanation as his hand is suddenly cut off as it goes through the portal, at least it looks like it is from the angle that Abri can see. Through the portal, he grabs the deadbolt and turns it to unlock the door.

He pulls his arm out feeling the slight resistance of the wormhole trying to prevent it. As soon as he has his arm/hand free he turns off his force and opens the door normally and leaves it open in invitation. "Feel free to come in if you like." All in all it only took perhaps 30 seconds at the most, without awkward hesitation or fumbling that could come without practice.

Walking in Teague notices the tiny numbers on his meter finish flashing and the lights blink back to their normal state. He wastes no time going through the orderly yet absolutely pathetically tiny kitchen into his bedroom. Once inside he sets his pack at the base of his desk beside the metal footlocker underneath.

[OOC:The corner of his bedroom sports a well worn leather punching bag hanging from chains, as well as his boxing gloves. Along his left wall are racks for his bow and rifle which hang above a narrow desk. Perhaps the oddest feature is his king-sized bed, which actually is bolted to the wall and is currently folded up against the wall. Even though the room is small, it seems that Teague has tried to maximize what limited space he has. Oddly enough for someone with his appearance it is fairly well kept and neat.]

[Time: 9:28 pm, Friday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th August 2013, 11:13 pm

Abri hid her smile as obviously Teague was irritated he didn't have his keys. Her attention quickly went back to him as she realized what he was going to do. She knew he was a force user, but not what his talent was. Interested, she watched as he created a portal and unlocked his door. Her eyebrow raised, but she didn't say anything as she followed him into his apartment, her hands in her pockets. It was small, usual in the way of the city. She only had the townhouse because of her father's military service after which she'd inherited after her mother's death. "You have a nice place. I sometimes wish I had the heart to move out of my parents' house, it can be so painful to be there without them." She frowned as she stood in the doorway of his bedroom, uncomfortable with both her confession and being in a practical stranger's room. Searching for anything to change the subject, she eyed the boxing bag hanging from the ceiling. "You like to box?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 26th August 2013, 8:36 pm

[ATTN: Abri, Open]

While Abri was entering the house, Teague had managed to open the closet and pulled a simple grey non-embellished form fitting tee-shirt from one of it's shelves and snapped it open. The man's mouth moved to tell his temporary guest to close the door but the words never came to voice, instead he pulled his tank-top up and off.

After all, it wasn't like they would be in here long. By the time he got back tonight or maybe tomorrow morning the scrubber above the door would already have purified most if not all of the outside pollutants from the tiny apartment.

Even with it's constant thrumming pervading the entirety of the space, Teague still felt like he was sure she had entered the room. Perhaps some noise or sound triggered that sense, likely he was being over hopeful, or maybe just a crows begotten idiot.

"You have a nice place. I sometimes wish I had the heart to move out of my parents' house, it can be so painful to be there without them."

With only his head sticking through the shirt, Teague turned his head to his left and caught sight of Abri. "I guess it's nice." Even to Teague's limited sensitivity's for being a guy, he could pick up on her body language. It was somewhat difficult not to want to ask after her family life, somehow he just added to the uncomfortable atmosphere.

"You like to box?"

Her sudden detour caused him to snap away from the haze infiltrating his thoughts and delusions. He quickly put his arms through his sleeves and pulled down the shirt.

"Yeah. Used to be my life and joy." Teague looked at the gloves in a kind of sad longing. "Had to give it up though." In order to compete in lightweight fights they had required him to take Chordium tablets, of which Teague hadn't really been adequately informed about at the time.

Teague placed a hand on the sandbag like a man placing a reassuring hand on a shoulder of an old friend. "I still tussle with some friends I trust at the gym. Picked it up when pops nagged me into it. Kept me safe, but not out of trouble."

With his other hand his placed it on Abri's shoulder. "Clubbing time. We can hop a train if you have a particular one in mind." Before he even finished the sentence he was passing out past the kitchen, he grabbed his black denim jacket from the counter. As he shrugged into the thing, it gave him an almost tough appearance.

"Look at the bright side." Teague said as he looked at his house-guest. "First drink's on me! Don't make me pull my man card,-" He raised a single all powerful finger up as he continued. "- it's my sacred right and that's that." His short speech was ended by a cursory nod of the head.

It looked silly he was sure, but he opened one eye and looked at her. "Ok?"

[Time: 9:34 PM, Friday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd September 2013, 6:04 pm

"Had to give it up though. I still tussle with some friends I trust at the gym. Picked it up when pops nagged me into it. Kept me safe, but not out of trouble."

Abri nodded, curious about why he had to give it up, but let it go for now as he started out of the room. She liked his jacket and realized she felt a little underdressed for this. Her black lounge pants and white t-shirt weren't near what she would normally wear to a club, but she shrugged it off. It didn't really matter what she wore. His one sided argument about buying the first drink drew her attention back to him and she smiled, charmed by it.

"I wasn't going to argue with you. First drink is on you." Grinning, she walked out of the apartment and waited in the hall for him to join her and shut the door. "My father may have had two daughters and no sons, but he taught us how a girl should be treated. He was very old school like that." She smiled at the memory of her father sitting them down and teaching them what chivalry was. She missed him even though he'd been tough and sometimes distant. Together they started down the stairs and out of the building, replacing their respirators.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top