Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journeys and Adventures

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 3 Empty Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix 15th April 2014, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

It was a gorgeous sunny day in the city of Maplevale. The morning rush had already passed, and with school not yet started for another few weeks, the traffic was at calm levels--save the rush of the teenagers with cars. The city was expanding rapidly with the new jobs that the energy and technology plants were opening bringing new people to it. The city had begun to swell from a population of 100,000 to nearly 200,000 in the span of half a decade. The construction jobs prevalent to deal with the expansion had been numerous, but it was dying down finally. Thankfully. It was still growing rapidly, beginning to earn the nickname "mini-metropolis." It boasted numerous parks, a growing expanse of skyscrapers, a few large lakes, and two centers of learning renowned for their academia nationwide--one of them Ivy League. In short, life was good in the city.

Jericho meditated on the roof of the city, trying to focus his power, trying to understand it. He still was unsure of what to do with this power. Becca was still trying to get him to put on some ridiculous outfit and "hero it up" with her. Still couldn't believe that had become a reality.

But was that what his powers were meant for? There was the argument that power not used was no better than having none at all. There was also the argument that great power carried great responsibility--the Spider-Man credo--but just because you had the power were you necessarily obligated to the world around you to use it?

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

Jericho sighed. He'd been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't even felt Becca's presence. His face made a grimace that faded when he saw Becca in her civvies and not in her "Vivacious" uniform.

"You always do that," she grumbled, folding her arms. "I'm doing some good out there."

"I didn't say a word," Jericho said, closing his eyes and trying to return to meditating.

"You don't have to," she snapped, "your face says it for you. Look, I messed up and am trying to make up for it like you taught me!"

"I don't recall telling you to name yourself 'Vivacious,'" he said with an unsuppressed smile.

She made a face. "You're a real smug bastard, y'know that?"

"Guilty," he added with a laugh.

"Hey!" she said grabbing his arm and pulling him up. "Enough with the monk stuff! I'm hungry!"

Jericho popped an eye open to look at her. "You're a grown woman," he commented. "Go and get yourself something to eat."

Suddenly, he felt a spike of energy and saw a glowing ball of golden light in Becca's hands. She looked highly disgruntled.

"I don't wanna eat alone," she said. "And just like you helped me, it's my job to help you. And all this antisocial behavior just isn't good for you."

Jericho sighed. "I take it that means you're gonna badger me until I agree to go?"

"You're a fast learner!" Becca said cheerfully.

Jericho sighed. "Alright, let's go..." he said getting up.

"Yay!" Becca exclaimed, jumping for joy. "And hurry up! I've got orientation in an hour!"

Jericho sighed again. This girl was nothing but trouble...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Journeys and Adventures - Page 3 Empty Re: Journeys and Adventures

Post by EphPhoenix 2nd May 2014, 4:16 pm

Traffic was a mess as these incidents and the damages had blocked off major roads and cause a number of pile ups. The early evening news reports televised the destruction, showing footage of Omniman and Ms. America taken from ameteur footage. The headlines all asked the same question: Do we really need these "heroes"? Several citizens were interviewed and many complained about the damage and the inconvenience. The newscasters all made the same question: who was going to foot the bill for the damages.

That question was answered by a picture of a young man in his mid twenties. Horatio Templeman, young billionaire and technology mogul.

"Hey, they were trying to do what was right," he said during a hastily called late afternoon press conference. "If anyone but Omniman had dealt with that bomb, countless lives would've been lost--including the very mortal police officer that would've gotten too close. So hey, the man did the city a solid, the least I can do is foot the bill cause, hey, I'm not hurting for change."

In a warehouse, a television of the news cut off. A young black man with a blue leather coat and pants stood before other men dressed the same. His gray eyes took them all in.

"See that?" he said. "'Not hurting for change.' These rich sons of bitches walk around like they own the place! And maybe they do--during the day."

"Ooot!" called the men before him.

"But the night is ours. They don't know it yet, but they soon will. The Shadow Riders have claimed this turf and soon, we'll be running thangs. Ya feel me?"

"Ooot!"

"Plans are in place to uproot the old order," he went on, "but it won't be quick, so I hope y'all are ready for the long haul!"

"Ooot!"

"And until that day when we're firmly established, there will be some sacrifices along the way! Ya down?"

"Ooot!"

"Good. Now. We'll break out into teams--"

"Sojourner! What about the supers?"

The man looked over. One of the younger men, a boy in his teens, had asked the question. The man smiled.

"A good question. These so-called heroes can bask in it while they can. Plans are in the works to bring they bitch-asses down." The men hollered and cheered.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd May 2014, 7:07 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Tam shuts off the television, grumbling under her breath. Every where she goes today, there seems to be someone or something that can easily irritate her. She's bored. She skipped all of today's classes, but that didn't take away from this stupid crap. The news sucked. And Horatio...well, he's an idiot. She'd like to lecture that moron at some point, but...what good would that do?

"What's wrong?" Chey asks from behind her. She's in the girls' dorm lobby, where they had a huge TV with games and other such things set up. She liked to watch stuff in here instead of her room, since there was a nice, comfy couch to sit in. Trying to watch TV on a bed isn't nearly as comfortable when you didn't have anything to lean up against.

"People are idiots, that's what's wrong." Tam says moodily, "I mean...really? 'Heroes?' We don't need any of that. I mean, think about it...if we endorse superheroes, then what are we doing? We give them more power--and if we give them more power, then what do they become?"

"Uh....our saviors?" Chey asks, uncertain of what to say.

"No. No, they do not. Have you even seen The Incredibles?" Tam says incredulously, turning around on the couch to face her dorm mate. "All it's gonna take is one idiot to sue one super and then what? It all goes down the drain and everyone and anyone that has endorsed or supported the supers will pay."

"This isn't a movie, it's real--" Chey replies.

"You're right." Tam says, her eyes narrowing with a purpose. "Which means it'll be worse than any movie. They are different, Chey, don'tcha get it? Too different. What happens when people see so much difference in people, Chey? It happened when people were black, it happened when people were gay, oh and look! It's still happening to women."

Tam grumbles to herself before continuing, her scowl becoming more evident. "And all it will take is for us to call the wrong villain a hero and give him awards and 'city keys' before we ever realize we are just killing ourselves because we are giving these people more rights and attention than we should."

Chey disagrees with her, but doesn't say anything. She raises her eyebrows in surprise, however, at Tam's next words before Tam storms out of the room with an annoyed posture and walk.

"Horatio is gonna hear from me..." Tam grumbles.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 2nd May 2014, 9:16 pm

Omniman sits on a rooftop. Below, people go on about their busy lives. In the distance he hears the interviews and he even hears people grumbling about the damages and the bills they'll be paying to take care of it. He holds a comic in his hand and sighs. "What I wouldn't give to live in your world, big guy," he says, bringing the comic, the cover emblazoned with a large, red S, to eye level. "You make it look easy. I guess it's because they all love ya so much. Not a lot of love going around, out here in the real world. And not a whole lot I can do about it."

Then he overhears one interview; Templeman's. It makes him smile a bit. "And then there's you," he says. "Well, if I can't, then maybe you can." Then he stands up and pulls his hood back over his head. "But maybe I can make it easier on you." Then he senses another spike and flies off into the city. "Never a dull moment."

Wild-Child hangs around the danger area. She dangles from a street post, taking a picture of it with her camera phone. "Well, this just screams 'I was there'," she says. She flips back up and leaps off, using her monkey-like agility to scale an alley wall in seconds before running off.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd May 2014, 11:56 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Liza wandered up to the roof, dressed in sweats and a red hoodie and her bag on her back. She pulled up her hood as she closed the door to the stairs, tossing her bag down in the shadows by the door. She grunted as she tore off her sweatpants, revealing shorts beneath, and dug into her bag.

She pulled out gloves and red facepaint - she kinda wanted a mask, but she was worried about her vision, so for now she was improvising. She pulled on her gloves, pulled up her hood, and smeared on the paint. Liza grinned as she stood, kicking her bag back into the shadows. It was time for some fun.

Terry found himself on the Ivy campus yet again as dusk began to fall. Just in time for the parties to start, of course. He could feel the emotions rampant, wild and uncontrolled, and it made him twitchy. He needed to focus.

None of the ghosts he talked to on the other campus seemed to have heard anything, except for one or two parroting back news that people were talking about missing girls. So he'd try this place again.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd May 2014, 10:38 am

A string of expletives rolled through the air, causing some to look over in abject shock while others shook their head. The nurses, however, merely grinned and went about their work.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Jericho asked with a grin.

"Fuck you," Alisha said, "and the g*ddamn horse you rode in on."

"I love you, too, honey," Jericho said trying not to laugh.

Alisha rolled her gray-green eyes, leaning on the bars as sweat rolled down her face. Jericho noted her dark hair was getting longer. She usually didn't let it go past her ears; it was beginning to reach her chin. "You're lucky I need a punching bag to curse at or I would literally rip you limb from limb."

Jericho gave her a wry smile. "Glad I'm good for something."

She made a face. "Help me to my chair, you raging asshole."

Jericho took one of her arms around him, hefting most of her weight--she hated when he carried her in his arms. She'd throw obscenities at him while affirming she wasn't made of porcelain. If he wanted to be hit or have something flung at him, he'd ask if she was sure.

"So, is that like a case of monster diarrhea?" he asked with a smirk.

She gave him a glare to peel his hide off, then looked at him suspiciously. "You're in an awfully good mood..." she said questioningly. "You finally put the moves on Becca?"

"What?!" Jericho exclaimed, then said with a flat tone and expression, "No way in hell."

Alisha sighed. "Your youth is wasted on you. College is about new experiences and getting as much ass as you can before you get tied down to some douche the rest of your life."

Jericho gave her a flat look. "You sound like a dirty old man..."

Alisha laughed. "Or a woman who's wise beyond her years." She smacked him upside the head. "Stop giving her a hard time. I forgave her, and I'm the one having to endure this shit." She waved at the double bars.

"Yeah, yeah...ow!" She'd hit him again.

Bullets flew through the air. The Death Lords had crossed paths with the Triad and all hell had broken loose. A gang war. Though it was in the bad parts of town, so no one really cared--save the poor people living there. One side cursed in poor English, the other in Chinese.

[Attn: Terry, Open]

It was a quiet night on campus--not really. The Greek shows were still carrying on and parties were happening all over campus. A few new ghosts had appeared; idiots who had overdosed binge drinking and other things. They'd linger in confusion before passing on.

In the downtown area, explosions suddenly rent the air. Groups of bikers in blue-black, sleek armor rode off, advanced looking weaponry holstered on their backs. Major municipal buildings were being targeted. Apparently, it was a night for crime.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 3rd May 2014, 11:26 am

[Attn: Gang War]

Renee sits in bed with a pillow over her head, tossing and turning as the constant string of bullets sounds off against her eardrums. Had she been normal, she could possibly sleep through it. But her hypersensitive hears picks up every sound, from the most bombastic, to the most subtle...and amplifies them. "JESUS!" she shouts, throwing the pillow. After staring at the ceiling for a bit, she turns her head and gets up, getting her knapsack out from her second pillowcase and opening it up.

Soon, she's out the window and on the roof, sporting her mask, goggles, steel-toe boots, and the track outfit that had been dyed black for her makeshift costume. Then she's off, following the sound of the gunfire in the distance. Once at the scene, she lands on a stationary car, riddled with bullet holes. "YO!" she shouts. "Some of us are tryin' to sleep!"

[Attn: Downtown]

On a blind date, set up by her roommate, Julia sits in a restaurant downtown, sporting a light blue dress and staring down at a menu. Across from her is a young man, looking anywhere but directly at her. She glances up for a moment to catch him adjusting his tie. Then she clears her throat and sets the menu down when he brings his attention to her. "So...where're ya from?" she asks.

"Accounting," he says, shortly.

Julie stares for a beat. "Uh-huh, and where's that?" she asks.

"What?"

"Where's 'Accounting'?" she asks again, adding air quotes. "Michigan, Florida, Colorado, where?"

"OH! I'm in, it's- Denver," he says, stumbling over his words.

Julie folds her hands in from of her. "Okay, 'Jake, from Accounting', any brothers, sisters-"

The entire building rumbles. "Earthquake?" Jake asks.

"Explosion," Julie says to herself as the distinct sound draws nearer. "Jake, this has been nice 'n' all, but I gotta go check on my roommate."

"I can drive you-"

"No! You stay. I've got your number, you've got mine. Bye!" Julie says, turning and rushing off.

Outside, Julie rushes into an alley and discards her dress, revealing her Miss America getup underneath. She places it and her earrings in her bag, which she hides on a rooftop. Then she flies off to go and see what the trouble is. "Bikers? Where do BIKERS get-?" Then she notices an officer in the line of fire and dives down, scooping the woman up and dropping her off in cover. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be fine," the woman says. The officers is Angela Watson, the unwitting mother of Wild-Child.

"All right," Miss America says. "Stay safe!" She flies off to see what she can do about these troublemakers.

Danny sits in his condo, working on bills, when he senses another spike. Then come several more. His body still aches, but he grabs the remote in his desk drawer and points it to the media wall. Upon pressing a hidden button, the wall shifts around, revealing a display case with his costume. "City of tomorrow," he says to himself. "Right."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd May 2014, 5:51 pm

Terry wandered the campus, finding nothing new except beer cans. He kicked one with a small sigh, staring down at it helplessly. He scratched his head, toying with his hair for a moment before he changed course, making his way towards one of the dorms.

He stopped by the wall of the dorm, listening to the sound of music blaring from a second story window. "Jill? You there?"

"Always," he heard a voice say, and a girl faded into view, leaning against the side of the building. Her hair was bright pink and held up in a ponytail, her clothes just as oddly colored and vaguely punk.

That was the thing about ghosts. He'd read the article on Jill Olivine's suicide a year ago, but the picture attached was of a girl in white, her hair a dirty blonde, the perfect rich, smart Ivy Leaguer. Ghosts tended to appear in the way that they viewed themselves, not how they actually were. It was why she was also an inch shorter than she ever was in life.

"Hey," he said. "How you doing?"

"Good as I can be. You?" Jill pursed her lips. "Something must be up, you never stop by twice."

"Yeah, well," he said guiltily. "Busy."

"Don't worry about it. What happened?"

"That's what I was hoping you knew," he said, leaning back against the wall near her. "Something about missing girls. I saw the ghost of one on this campus earlier today saying something about a mystery. Any ideas?"

Jill crossed her arms. "I don't know anything about missing kids," she said. "But I know something's up. You should too."

"I should?"

"Yeah. Bad mojo. I can feel it in the Collective, like when you don't take a shower for days. Gross."

Terry gagged. "Thanks. Hold on." He narrowed his eyes, expanding his focus around him, and after a while he felt it too. Something off in the works. It was barely there, but it was definitely real. "Jill, there's more than one of these girls, and the others might still be alive. I need more to go on than bad mojo."

"That's your department, not mine," she said. He blinked.

"Ooooooh."

"Yeah, oh." Terry grimaced. He tended to forget about the 'Library,' as he called it. It rarely got him anywhere.

"I don't exactly have much to go on. I don't even know what I'm looking for."

Jill shrugged. "Guess? I don't know either, Terry, but it might be your best shot."

Terry nodded, sliding down the wall until he was sitting on the ground. "Let me know if anyone comes by?" he said.

"Yeah sure. You do what you gotta do."

[ATTN: Gang War]

A streetlight went out on one street, followed by another, and then a third. A woman in a red hoodie darted into an alley, and suddenly leaped up several stories, landing on the roof of the building.

It was annoying, only being able to go out at night. Drawing energy from the sun was easy and a little less obvious of a trail, but she made do.

The gunfire was a lure for her, and Lightweight took off along the roofs, popping out another streetlight before she took a flying leap over to another building, racing for the sound of the gunfire.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th May 2014, 3:45 pm

People screamed and fled down the streets as the armored men sped down the streets stopping only to lay waste to the large business buildings in the downtown area.

[Attn: Wild-Child, Poor district]

The men didn't miss a beat when the girl showed up, forming an unspoken temporary truce and opening fire. Opposing gangs they may be, but it was in both their benefits to take out these would be "heroes."

"I hope this presentation has helped you kids some, and that I answered your questions to some satisfaction--though most of it was bullshit."

Horatio waved as a mix of laughter and applause erupted as he walked away from the podium and off the stage. In the backstage area, his bodyguards alerted him to his visitor.

"Tammy Tam!" he exclaimed cheerfully. "What a wonderful surprise! I had hoped you'd attend." He held out his arms and made a goofy affectionate face. "Come here, my little China doll."

Tam stands perfectly still, staring at the man with a blank expression. Part of her would like to simply punch him in the face, but knowing that her parents would be most displeased and cut some of her funding if she did so...instead, Tam just crosses her arms, putting on her best "displeased" face of her own.

"We need to talk." Tam says.

He held his arms out for a moment longer, making a puppy face then lowering them as he turned and poured himself a glass of water. "One day," he said after a long sip, "I'm going to get you to break that restraint and hit me like you so want to." He chuckled. "So talk."

"You're an idiot." Tam says with a scowl. "You can't just...endorse these 'heroes.' Do you know how much trouble that can cause? They could break you with how much damage they could possibly cause."

Horatio cocked his head back and laughed. "At least you can speak! Barring leveling the city entire, that's not happening--nor would I be stupid enough to foot that bill." He walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her. "Tammy Tam, you've got to lead by example! I'm trying to get others involved--namely the other of my hated 1% brethren--and you have to walk the talk. Am I right or am I right?"

"Horatio," Tam replies, though she does not pull away from his arm, "No one should endorse them. No one should foot the bill except for themselves. Don't you understand how much trouble they will cause? They are not good for this city--especially not if you are going to pay for their slip-ups. That will only teach them that they can be more reckless, considering you are there with your dumb-assery wand of magic to fix all of the shit they cause.

Don't get me wrong, I like the next evil-conquerer just like the next citizen, but dude...so much collateral damage? We can't let that continue to happen. It's irresponsible."

"Hey, hey!" Horatio protested. "You watched the video footage same as me, that 'guy' was wreaking all kinds of havoc long before Omniman showed up. In fact, Omniman reduced the collateral by going up high with the bomb instead of letting it go off down below. So, it's, in fact, not irresponsible. He saved a lot of lives."

"Yeah, this time." Tam states, shaking her head. "Not all of these so-called heroes are going to be the same way, you know. Some of them throw around their power or ability just as much as the bad guys do. You can't use one instance or situation to justify continue sponsoring for dangerous people."

Horatio cocked an eyebrow. "Did you get stung by a super?" he asked. "Or did one dump you? Tots did, didn't they." He lightly pinched her cheek. "You're too young and adorable to be bitter and jilted, China doll."

"Pft." Tam rolls her eyes. "Like I'd give some douche the chance to hurt me. I don't date and I don't make friends, Horatio. Now do me a favor and quite being a newb. Besides, you're more likely to have one of those super-chicks come talk to you now that you're footing that bill--it's like buying them a really expensive drink, I'm sure."

"My, you're jaded," he said, blinking in surprise at her words. "And hey! I resent that! Aren't we friends?" Then his face took on a hopeful cast. "And don't tease. Have you seen that one woman? Ms. America I think that call her. She makes a man feel patriotic in all the right ways!"

"Oh, no. No, no, no." Tam says, backing away with her hands up before her and palms faced away. "Don't get all pervy on me, man. We may be friends, but I do not wanna get grossed out tonight...though I am bored. Wanna do something?"

"First you have no friends, now you do. You're quicksilver. And sure, I'm down to--" His cell phone suddenly rang. "Hang on. Talk to me. Well, hello, James. I'm afraid it's too late for a booty call--that and I don't swing that way--what? No. Nowhere near there. Why?" He blinked. "Well, damn. Glad I'm not there. Thanks for the heads up."

He hung up his phone. "Well, wanna do something on campus? Apparently armed soldiers are blowing downtown up..."

Tam giggles at the joke, but tries to keep it quiet until he gets off the phone. "Sure thing--and while we're talklin'--You've been telling my parents that I'm good, right? I'm doing the school thing. Fully. Yes?"

Horatio grinned evilly. "That's a seeeeeecret?" he said in a mysterious tone. "Don't worry, they're only planning on marrying you off as soon as possible."

Tam groans. "They suck. I am going to get stuck married to some creepy, pervy douchebag that only cares about sex and his job. When that happens, kill me, won't you? So what are we doin'?"

He shook his head at her words. "I'm sorry, killing beauty is a crime against God in my book," he said with a wink. "Let's start with a walk across this lovely campus," he said. "Good thing I dressed down. I hear that 31st Street Bar & Grill is to die for."

Last edited by Venom on 7th May 2014, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th May 2014, 4:17 pm

Omniman floats over the downtown streets, arms crossed, cape flowing, hood pulled back away from his face. He takes a deep breath and a loud whistling sound pierces the air. Miss America, helping pedestrians below, even turns her head and pauses. "Boys, I'm only going to say this once. I am not in the mood for this," the white clad hero announces.

"Lady, what are you doing?" a civilian asks as Miss America looks up and watches. "We're gonna die!"

"S-sorry," Miss America says, scooping the man up and flying to a rooftop with him, setting him down. "You wait here. I'd say to call 911, but, well...seems kinda pointless." Man. Almost forgot what I was doing, for a tic. Okay. Gotta help get citizens off the streets while the big guy deals with these creeps.

Wild-Child leaps up over the imminent spray of gunfire and lands on the pavement, dodging and weaving around acrobatically through the hail of flying lead. "See, and I was perfectly content to let you all go kill each other uptown or something. But since you went and pointed that this at me- OW!" she says, recoiling as a bullet strikes her in the gut, sending her rolling to the side. She looks down and sees a bullet hole in her outfit but there isn't a drop of blood. Instead, she finds a slightly red bruise. "Huh...let's see...he said strength of an elephant, agility of a lemur, speed of a leopard...oooh, hide of a rhino. So THAT's what that meant!"

Wild-Child looks up to find more lead on the way. Bullets beat against her like being pelted with hundreds of decently sized rocks. "Owowowowowowow!" she says as she gets up and gets moving again. She seeks out the nearest one, bringing the tip of her steel-toe boots to his groin, then spinning and bringing him to the ground with a power drop. She gets airborne with a good leap and starts flinging herself through thugs like a monkey, kicking and punching while using people and springboards. "Ring around the rosie, a pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, you all fall HARD!"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th May 2014, 4:56 pm

[Attn: Omniman, Ms. America, Open]

The armored men looked up as Omniman addressed them. "Alpha maneuver!" the one at the lead called.

Immediately, the group split in two while a contingent group stayed behind, hitting switches on their guns and the guns lit up with a blue glow. They took aim and fired, charged particle blasts ejecting from their nozzles. The shots that missed hit buidings and leveled larger chunks of the buildings.

[Attn: Wild Child]

As they found the hardware wasn't working, rocket launchers and grenades sprang up in their arsenal, as well as a couple of trucks mounted with gatling guns that opened fire on the young hero.

Becca leaned over her knees, sucking in breath. It took a lot of effort to get to this point, now. It had taken over fifty laps at a minute and a half mile to do it this time. It was two laps two a mile on the route she'd made.

She sighed as she was already recovering her breath and the blood no longer pounding in her ears. This had been her zen before the accident if she was trying to keep herself out of trouble. At the moment, she was trying very hard.

She perked up as she suddenly heard what was unmistakably the sound of something blowing up. Gang wars? Again? The city's crime had been at a record low until last year when the new blood coming to the city had brought the criminals finally. It sucked for the civvies but it kept her busy--she couldn't always hang around Jericho.

She ran to grab her costume, running even faster than she had been. A smile played on her lips in anticipation.

Jericho turned as a shotgun blasted off, getting everyone's attention. Several armed men in black masks and armored gear had stepped into the hospital. Security guard were instantly put down to a round of gunfire.

"Everybody sit down and shut up and you might live the night," said the one in the front. "Failure to comply will result in an IV of hot lead and a visit to this place's ICU--if not the morgue.

Jericho grimaced. This was supposed to be the "City of Tomorrow." Apparently tomorrow was supposed to be a dystopian future ruled by martial law...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 8th May 2014, 6:34 pm

"Now, fellas, I know I'm a rock star, and all, but you guys should KNOW if I live out here I can't afford the fancy schmancy fireworks!" Wild-Child says, back-flipping over an oncoming rocket. She lands on the shoulders of one thug, bringing him to the ground with a power move, then grabbing him and throwing him at the nearest idiot with the gatling gun.

"Seriously, guys, c'mon. I have a math class first thing in the morning. I need my Zs like you need a fashion consultant. Say the big word with Wild-Child. 'Belt'. See? You CAN do it!" Then she slides low and pantses a thug. When he looks down, she springs up and bashes his face into the concrete. "Tooold Yooou!"

Miss America intervenes with a rocket, snatching it out of the air and lobbing it up into the sky over the city in one movement. She shakes her hand and flies down at the nearest armored biker like a bullet. "Y'know, under other conditions I'd thank you for gettin' me away from the world's most awkward blind date, but...you're tryin' to blow people up, so...yeah I gotta put ya down. Sorry."

"Splitting up," Omniman says. "I don't know if that's funny or adorable." Then he starts darting around in a blur.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 8th May 2014, 10:58 pm

File Transfer Complete.

The message decorated the computer screen, waiting for its user to see the notification.

“It will be ready when I say so. Not a moment sooner.” A feminine voice firmly stated in the silent apartment. “Thank you for understanding.”

As soon as the phone call was finished, Brianna walked to her computer, placing her left hand on the desk. “Perfect timing.” She stated as she cleared the notification. “Now to make sure everything is set.”

She followed her procedure of double-checking, triple-checking even, and made sure no one could trace anything back to her. With her lifestyle, being good wasn’t an option; being perfect was a necessity.

A sigh escaped her lips as soon as she was finished. She needed air right now. Fresh air to be exact. Brianna gathered her things and put on her purple leather jacket before walking out.

The evening air filled her lungs as she walked down the street. The city noise filled her ears. As cities goes, this one certainly had much to offer, especially when compared to what else was out there.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 12th May 2014, 11:07 pm

One of the gangsters would fall to his knees, suddenly finding himself exhausted, only to get blasted away by a bolt of energy. A figure in red stood on the roof nearby, targeting another gangster and spindling energy away from him, firing it back down at the gangsters.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th May 2014, 7:47 pm

[Attn: Gangland Paradise]

"Shit! There's another one! We need to get out this piece!"

"Fuck that! I ain't goin' out to a couple of bitches! Man up!"

One gatling turned on Wild-Child while the other turned on Lightweight, men getting mowed down mercilessly in the process. A voice suddenly called out from above. "Vivacious Dazzle!"

A golden beam of energy came out of the sky, striking in a line and cascading an explosion of blinding, golden light. One of the gatling guns went up in a blaze of glory as the man manning it leapt for cover, only to be sent flying by the explosions, joining many others who had been in the initial stream.

On a nearby rooftop, a girl in a golden swimsuit with glowing golden hair and eyes stood triumphantly with a hand on her hip. "It's open season on punk asses and you all made the cu--whooooa!"

Down below, a man took advantage of her posturing to launch a rocket at her. The explosion hit the wall below where she was standing, propelling her into the air and sending her slamming into a wall as pieces of rubble fell on her.

"Nailed her!" said a man triumphantly as he loaded another rocket in and aimed for Lightweight.

[Attn: Tam, Terry]

As Tam walked on the grounds with Horatio, discussing the finer points of business, she suddenly felt a pull and the world seemed to darken and slow around her. Terry experienced a similar effect.

Their eyes would be slowly drawn to a group of girls, moving as if mired in mud. Among them, a girl in a hoodie stood out. She turned to look back and the hood dropped, revealing the girl from earlier today. She looked back, her gaze seeming to take them both in. "Mystery," she said, her voice echoing as though through a great distance. A few more moments and she faded away.

"I can't believe you're gonna stand there and do nothing," Alisha hissed accusingly at Jericho.

"Guns, crowded place," Jericho said quietly. "I could dodge the bullets, but the rest of you can't. Besides," he shot her a quick look. "I'm not the police." Alisha sighed in frustration, continuing to glare at the armed men. "Don't provoke them. There's...something off about their life signatures."

The men were returning with sacks full of pharmaceuticals while other ones patrolled around, keeping an eye on their hostages. One of them noticed Alisha's glare. "You want something, you cripple bitch?"

"Yeah--" Alisha growled.

"Lisha, don't!" Jericho hissed.

"--for you to get the fuck out of my face before I cripple your di--"

"Alisha!" Jericho said, covering her mouth. "You'll have to excuse her. The excitement is getting to her."

"Shut up, little bitch," the man said to Jericho. "The girl's at least got a pair." He walked over to her getting in her face and Jericho tensed. "This is me in your face. You think you can take my cannon, could you even feel it if I slapped you on the ground and fu--"

Jericho had moved to hit the man, hot blood coursing through his veins. To his surprise, the man reacted instantly, butting him in the gut with his pistol, then hitting him in the face with more force than a normal man was capable, sending him flying across the room and through a glass window. He could hear Alisha call out to him in alarm as he flew through the air and skidded along the hard concrete. What the hell...?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 15th May 2014, 6:21 pm

Brianna walked down the streets; she needed transport. Noticing a young man park and get off his motorcycle, Brianna began to make her way to the stranger. After fluffing her hair, she cleared her throat and spoke urgently, “Excuse me, I’m so…so sorry to bother you, but I…I could really use some help.”

The young man looked at her. Brianna looked to be in complete distress. “Uh…yeah, yeah. What’s going on?” He asked out of concern.

Brianna wiped away a tear that had begun to slide down her cheek before looking at him squarely in the eyes. “I need to borrow your ride. Let me use it.” She said flatly. Within a moment, the stranger felt completely compelled to comply and handed her the keys.

“Thanks. I’ll leave it back here for you.” She commented before getting on the motorcycle and making her way downtown.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th May 2014, 11:50 pm

[ATTN: Tam]

He was lost in the Collective, his eyes shut and his thoughts wandering through a vast, cacophonous universe of thoughts. Sorting through them was the hardest - he had to distance himself first, step back from being within the Collective and stare at it from the outside. It helped to imagine it like a library - with sections and numbers, not unlike the one he'd been in earlier - and so he imagined a library to sort through the 'sound' of millions upon millions of lives and thoughts.

He was searching through the stacks when the Collective seemed to shake, and he was jarred from his search. His eyes shot open, and he heard Jill give a cry of alarm as she felt it to, but his eyes were drawn to a group of girls, moving as if slowed by some force. The girl in the hood turned to him and to another - Tam? What was she doing here? How creepy did he look, sitting cross legged next to one of the dorms?

Focus. He looked back in time to see the girl fading away, and then looked back over at Tam, sheepish. "Damn, that gave me the chills," Jill commented, "and I didn't think I could do that."

[ATTN: Vivacious, Wild Child]

"Whoa there!"

Lightweight dove for cover and leaped off the roof, blasting energy below her to control her fall until she landed in the street. "Little boys shouldn't play with weapons like that," she said, blasting energy back at the man with the rocket launcher.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th May 2014, 12:24 am

Wild-Child slings herself over one crook and kicks the gatling gun from his hands. "In the immortal words of A Christmas Story, You'll shoot your eye out," she says, leapfrogging over him and body checking him, head first, into a street light. So, at last, the cavalry arrives. Who asked for them, again? She suddenly senses movement behind her and back flips, landing behind a thug with a bat. "Really? A bat? What was your next choice, a pillow? I mean, I've heard of bringing a knife to a gunfight, but this is REALLY going above and beyond, guy." She leaps up, sitting on his shoulders and punching him in the head a few times before throwing him in a flip. "Thank you, thank you."

Omniman sees as Miss America tries to get a few good licks in but is repelled by a strong electrical current. Swooping in, he flies about, relieving a few of them of them weapons and disarms them. Meanwhile, Miss America picks herself out of the hood of a sports car. "Whoops," she says, glancing over the dent she'd left. "Well, I hope he's insured." Then she flies off, picking up a slab of the concrete debris and spinning around a few times in the air with it, throwing it at a few of the thugs like a frisbee. "Hey, boneheads! Catch!"

Omniman stands in the path of a few of the bikers, his arms crossed as he stares them down. As they draw closer, he stomps his foot and cracks the concrete. When one of the bikes hits the gaping crack in the street, it rears up, throwing off the driver. Omniman steps out of the way as the biker flies by him before hitting the pavement. "Potholes, huh? Even the city of tomorrow can't get away from 'em."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th May 2014, 11:47 am

[Attn: Tam, Terry]

The Dennyson dorm was alive with music and the sounds of people talking, shouting, screaming, and laughing. People were dressed from fully clothed to cutoffs to bikini tops. The fraternities and sororities partied hard the last weeks before the new year, "breaking it in proper" being the campus motto.

"Ohhh...this takes me back," Horatio said whistfully. "I remember looking out my campus window seeing them do this while I was studying my ass off. Used to feel so left out...my billions have since dried my tears." He chuckled mischievously.

The biker flew off the bike that Omniman had stopped with his pothole, sailing through the air--and into a nearby young woman riding into downtown on a motorcycle, knocking her off of it and the both of them hitting the ground hard. The others, however, were undeterred.

"Activate the juice!" one of the armored men said. "For the Masons!"

They all as one punched a fist to their chest. Instantly, their armor glowed a blue and they all groaned, obvious changes happening in their bodies. When it ended, glowing blue eyes stared from behind their visors. "Get him," the first one said in a deeper voice. They reached from behind and each pulled out an electrified hammer. They charged him with superhuman speed.

Jericho had Moved, crossing the distance between him and the guy standing in front of Alisha, hitting him with monster-truck force and sending him flying across the room. Immediately, the others trained their guns on him. Jericho flinched, then steeled himself, time seeming to slow as they discharged their weapons, his energy filling him as he awakened it. His hands moved with inhuman speed snatching the bullets out of the air with his hands.

"Damn!"

He couldn't catch all of them, though, and a few slipped by him while he stumbled as a few hit him as the barrage finally came to a stop. Immediately, he dropped several of the shells in his hands as they began glowing. He immediately sent off a barrage of energy at each of the men, launching them across the room.

"Hey, dumbfuck!" He looked to see the first, still holding the hostage at gunpoint. "You want their blood on your hands?"

Jericho, blood hot in him, Moved, instantly appearing next to the man and giving him blow to the side while simultaneously slapping the gun upward as it fired. The man reacted just as quickly, shoving the doctor away from him and then kicking Jericho away. "One of them heroes, huh?" he said. "Not bad."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th May 2014, 2:42 pm

[Attn: Downtown, Brianna]

Omniman's eyes narrow as they all activate some sort of enhancer built into their suit. But right now, the only thing on his mind was the civilian that just got hit. He holds his cape and, using his own speed, spins into a vortex, drilling down into the street. He emerges near the woman that'd just gotten struck from the bike and flies inside with her, setting her down. Then he presses a button on his belt. "X-Ray," he says. His mask's vision spectrum immediately shifts to X-Ray viewer. "There don't appear to be any broken bones or major injuries. You, ma'am, are tough as an ox," he says, shutting off the X-Ray viewer before holding his hand out over her and flashing a light down from his hands. "All right, that should take care of any bumps, bruises, and pain, for now. You may have a concussion, though. I'd still advise seeing a doctor."

Following that, he stands up. "Everyone, it isn't safe, here! Either get to the basement, the upper floors, or leave through the back and get at least five blocks away! I'm handling the situation." Then he hears a crash from outside. "Ten. Ten blocks away."

He races back through the door and into the fray once again. "All right, fellas," he says. "Let's."

A couple of them had been hit by that slab of concrete that Miss America threw earlier. Now the star-spangled superhero was running civilian round up and crowd control.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th May 2014, 4:07 pm

[ATTN: Horatio, Terry]

"Oi, it's Terry!" Tam says, brightening a bit. "Dude, we're about to prank some douchebags--want in? This is Horatio, by the way."

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 18th May 2014, 9:33 pm

[ATTN: Horatio, Tam]

"Hey, don't mind me, I'm not even here," Jill said as Terry twitched at Tam's call. He leaped to his feet, sheepish.

"Sorry, kinda, zoned out - um, I actually need to go back and study," Terry stammered. God please don't call security.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 20th May 2014, 1:10 am

[Attn: Downtown, Omniman]

Everything was a blur. It all came too fast for her mind to comprehend what happened. One minute she was driving down the highway, ignoring the panic of civilians. The next moment she was crashing into the hard ground.

Her vision was blurry and it took a moment for her to register the man who had moved her out of harm’s way. She touched the side of her head. The man was reassuring her that she was alright, she was sure of that. Luck had been on her side; nothing was broken and the pain was minimal. “Thanks…though I’m not sure how I feel about being compared to an ox.” She said quietly.

Brianna slowly stood up as Omniman took off to take on the armored men. She watched the superhero for a moment as he fought to protect the city. From the look of things, the battle occurring downtown was out of her league. She was no hero, but it didn’t mean she couldn’t root for them. “Good luck out there, hero.” She said with a faint smile.

Brianna started to make her way to the back and exited the building. She needed to slip out and avoid as much of the chaos and panicked civilians as possible. Chaos in the city presented opportunities for her, but she had to be more careful.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd May 2014, 10:34 pm

[Attn: Terry, Open]

Tam shrugs. "Um...okay. See ya."

Horatio looked from one to the other, then grinned. He walked over and gave Terry a friendly slug in the arm then wrapped a friendly arm around him. "I don't know why you're so uptight, but chillax, dude," he said in an undertone so Tam couldn't hear. "Now quit cockblocking yourself and c'mon!" He gave him a slap to the back, then said a little louder. "It's a party, dude, get with the program!

"Now let's get this party started!" he said, waltzing in a swaying motion toward the large party before them.

Tam sighs, resisting the urge to facepalm. "If my parents knew what he was dragging me into..." She grumbles to herself.

[Attn: Gangland Paradise]

They had been whittling, but at the arrival of another super, both gangs began to disperse in every which way. As the last disappeared, the rubble Vivacious had fallen under rumbled, then flew every which direction. "Damn!" she growled. "Where's the bastard that--oh. They scattered. Like rats."

She had a couple of bruises and blood was running down the left side of her face, and her golden one-piece had a few tatters. She looked herself over and blushed as she was now showing way more cleavage than she liked.

"Well," she said awkwardly, "this would be where I'd go, girl power f-t-dubs, buuuuut...I think I'll get home, now. Night, ladies!"

She had begun floating in the air as she had been talking, and as she finished she sped off, golden light streaking behind her wake. "I need a more durable costume."

[Attn: Omniman]

They charged him when he returned, still pumping full of enhanced ability and energy crackling hammers. Meanwhile, the others had been dealt with by Ms. America.

Jericho hit a wall and heard Alisha calling his name in alarm. Now she was worried. Maybe next time she wouldn't be so quick to put herself in the line of fire like a dumbass. The leader of this bunch was something else entirely. His style was vicious; at first Jericho had thought Krav, but he came to realize it was American CQC. Whoever this was was military and good. Hopefully ex-military considering he's robbing a hospital...

Jericho's master's style had been a hodgepodge of different styles: a little kung-fu here, some aiki there, a little wing chun, some ninjutsu, he'd even pulled out some Mai Thai once or twice. He had once questioned the effectiveness of it--until his master had taken him to a few bouts, and not the sanctioned kind. It's how he knew it was CQC he was dealing with. Military men needed an outlet sometimes...

Jericho, slipped a grab that would've put the man's knee into his face, slapping the man's hands down and giving him a palm strike to the chest, sending him flying back. The man managed to keep his feet and was back in Jericho's face in an instant. Jericho grimaced as he fell for a feint and took a hit to the shoulder that hurt like hell and took a right cross to the face knocking him over. He rolled, spun, then kicked out, sending the man backward. He looked at his shoulder and saw a little blood. One of the spots he'd been hit by gunfire. CQC was about neutralization, quick and dirty, he needed to be extra careful.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd May 2014, 10:57 pm

Wild-Child looks around at all the unconscious bodies. "So...any of you boys wanna gi'me a ride home?" she says, before hopping up onto a street light. "Yeah...didn't think so." Then she turns and leaps off, clinging to the side of the nearest building and climbing her way to the roof, disappearing into the night.

"Fellas," Omniman says, side-stepping out of one of their paths with his own speed. "C'mon, is all this really necessary?" He circles around another one. "Let me guess...a statement, right? Power?" He flies up into the air, but not too far. "Come on. We all know you wouldn't know what to do with the world if you had it." He lands across the street, his arms crossed. "You'll get anything you want...and then what? What happens when you stop wanting things? Or when you get bored?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 26th May 2014, 4:28 pm

Lightweight blinked as the other two took off like a shot, leaving her alone in the now-empty alleyway. She put her hands on her hips, glaring down at the ground for a moment before she let out a sigh. Right. No friendship among heroes. She didn't really care though - there were still heads to bash.

She took off, making her way back up to the roof and searching for more trouble.

[ATTN: Tam, Horatio]

Terry blinked, barely starting to go red as Jill laughed uproariously behind him. He watched, somewhat stunned as Horatio walzed off, and he looked back at Tam following him.

"Really dude, how well are you gonna focus with the sororities partying it up," Jill said.

"This is important," he muttered. "And then you'll be..."

"I'm fine, loser," she said. "I might as well be alone anyway when you're going in your trance. Get out of here."

He did need to know more about this girl. She didn't seem to notice Jill running her mouth, but she saw the kid before? It was too weird. "Hold up!" he said, starting to follow after them.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top