Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issimir Role-Play

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issimir Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Issimir Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 18th February 2015, 6:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two People of the Sky stand before the Council table, before the sides that do not bear any stools to sit upon. They look uncomfortable, and the smaller girl is wrapped into the arms of her father, his wings also providing solace in a matching embrace with them. Of course, their discomfort is of no surprise, considering they are underground. Those of the sky never did enjoy this feeling of limitation in the absence of the sky.

The small, protected Avari is named Serra and her black and brown plumage is the only dark area about her. In contrast to the dark feathers, her clothes are of a pretty creme color, lined with a bit of gold here and there for decoration in the form of a dress. Her hair is a soft pink and her eyes are a vibrant yellow.

The Helion behind her, wrapping her so tenderly, is clearly an Eaglari. He introduced himself as Aeros. His hair is a darker shade of a cherry red, and his eyes are also a bright yellow. His lean figure and the large staff on his back suggests an ability to fight, though the dark area and the tight hold to his daughter does make the analysis of his skills rather impossible.

Regardless, his skill is irrelevant at this time. Amalthea regrets the level of enclosure that the two Helions are currently suffering, as she knows all too well how they feel. She feels the same levels of dread an misery every time she is forced to fly and she always hates every second of it. The two aren't even too far from the base of the stairs and she is sure they are eagerly awaiting the moment when they are able to travel back up to the surface.

Council Hall:

As each of the eight Council Members sit quietly before the two Helions that are clearly out of place, Amalthea finds it in herself to break the awkward silence. It is a struggle, because she knows that the Helion family will not be happy with what she has to say. She puts on a smile.

"The Council is sorry to hear about your loss." Amalthea says with sincerity, "Do you have any evidence that your wife was murdered by a Person of the Land?"

Aeros replies, "Evidence? What do you mean evidence? My wife, daughter, and I have been staying in the Talbot City and we're practically the only Helion that resides there. I already told you that I saw the one that killed her--I watched him from afar, but could not get there in time."

Regis, the Dismissive clears his throat. "We cannot go by your word alone. Where is her body?"

"It is already being examined by your Cutter." Aeros replies with distaste, "Though I would have it returned to me so that she can be with the wind as soon as possible."

Amalthea smiles sadly at him with understanding. "Very well, we shall end today's meeting and continue tomorrow after the results have been examined."

The other Council members concur with a sound of agreement as Aeros makes an expression of disapproval. She stands, then, moving swiftly towards them as the other Council members begin to convene with each other. Though they have other meetings scheduled for today, she knows that the will have a few minutes to take care of these two. She walks up the stairs and gestures for them to follow.

"Aren't you a Truth Sayer?" Aeros asks, clearly frustrated, "Can we not use our word with your approval for evidence enough?"

"A Truth Sayer's word is a valued contributor to any case," Amalthea, the Thorn replies with certainty, "But we need as much evidence as possible to be sure that the killer is brought to justice and is who you say it is. We have no room for doubt in the Council Hall."

Aeros looks displeased with this information, but this only dominates his countenance briefly as they exit the building and go outside and relief falls onto all of his features. Even Serra relaxes and Amalthea wonders why he felt the need to bring the young girl into the Hall with him.

"I have made arrangements for your stay in Council City. You'll have a nice place to stay and I guarantee that you will be comfortable."

"Thank you," Aeros and Serra say together. They both look sad and unsatisfied.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Issimir Role-Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Issimir Role-Play

Post by Red 9th March 2015, 11:49 pm

Fa held the little girl tight when she came forward to hug her, kissing her back on her forehead and only reluctantly letting her go. She hated this, hated that it was too late for her and for the others.

How they were doing it seemed irrelevant to Fa - what mattered most was finding them and stopping it. "We have to investigate the border at least," Fa said.

"And likely beyond the border as well," Io added. "Though that brings about a number of problems, given the border restrictions."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th March 2015, 2:12 am

He accepted the girl's hug and kiss warmly, noting she'd been giving him several glances as she made her way to him. He delayed her departure to make a treat appear from behind her ear, much to her delight. She looked at the candy treat, back up to him, and her eyes darted slightly left and slightly right. He grinned, knowing what this was about.

"M-may I...um...your wings...?" she asked sheepishly.

His grin deepened and he knelt back down, bringing them forward. "Yes, you certainly may," he said warmly. "Is this your first time seeing--hang on..." He looked at his wings, they were a dark brown with black splotches. His face went red slightly.

"One last trick, m'dear," he said. He shivered, and his wings turned to their cherry brown with milk white splotches and his felt the bones in his face realign to where they were supposed to be. He winked at her. "There," he said, "feel away."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th March 2015, 1:55 pm

After the girl returned to her father's side and Rein nodded his agreement at the suggestions from Fa and Io. However, Re doesn't say anything in reply. They outranked him, and it was their decision on what actions to take, rather than his own. He may not even have any idea of what they should do, either, and even if he does, he may be affected by his emotions and personal interest in this matter than to really trust himself to make a sound decision.

The Thorn ponders on the possibilities. Of course, checking the border would be the safest and easiest thing to do--and of course, she should probably evacuate all of her people from this area and send out warnings to all of the people about this area so that they'll know to avoid it. If anything, she could at least save some lives while she's in the process of investigating this mess.

Then there's the matter of how to approach this. One of her best magics are transmutation, so she could easily appear to be a human and blend in if they decide to enter their territory. However, she doesn't know anything about the humans, nor has she ever seen or met one. She doesn't know how they talk or act or walk...or anything, really. The moment she opened her mouth or walked funny, she was sure to attract attention.

Not to mention the fact that even if each of them, somehow blend in to perfection and are never caught, how will the find the information they need? Gaining the trust of any creature can take...years. Most humans will be unlikely to even discuss matters like this just out in the open around them, right?

Of course, even if she can do all of these things--can the People of the Water blend in, too? It is obvious that the Helion Heir is capable of it, now, but what if they are unable to do so? They'll stick out like a sore thumb and there's no way they could guarantee any of their safety. Amalthea isn't stupid, though--she knows that if anything happens to those that are around her during this mission, she and anyone still alive will be held responsible. They are each in a difficult situation.

Of course, she always play bait--just herself, to minimize risk, if need be. If she just wanders about the edge long enough in the area where the other cured people were, then just maybe, she'll be picked up, too. She can also use her abjuration magic to make herself immune to sleep magic, so if that is what they are using, it should be simple enough. Not even poisons or herbs could put her to sleep, so all she would have to do is pretend to be asleep and then she could learn how they are doing this.

Still, even if she uses herself as bait, there's still a chance they could realize she's conscious and use other means of rendering her paralyzed or any other method to render her defenseless. If she can't cast magic, she will have no defense at all--she has no physical battle experience at all. No one within her people wanted to teach her, since she's so small for her race. They'd all probably batter her badly. That, and all of the Judge schooling took up so much time...

Still, if she is in any way made to be helpless, she could be...cured. She could lose her horns and her connection to the land. She could lose her hands and losing those could make it so that cast magic very easily, if at all. The thought is somewhat terrifying, albeit partially still unreal. The damage that could be done--that has been done--is still sinking in.

The Thorn says, "I believe that ensuring the safety of those nearby should come first. We should send out notices--preferably discreet messages--to have all of our peoples avoid this border zone for the time being. We don't know how long our investigation could take and we don't want people to keep going missing during the process."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th March 2015, 6:10 pm

When he stood, they were getting down to business. He took a moment to breathe to focus, then chimed in.

"Getting past human borders is doable...if you know where to look," he said after a moment. He looked them over. "How well are each of you at Illusion and Transmutation magic? You'd need more time than is available to learn their speech patterns, but the rest could be faked, for the most part, if you're apt to the spells I could teach you. I would not believe this to be the work of humans as a whole, but rather a group of extremists--but I could be wrong.

"And what the Thorn recommends sounds the most apt. Seeing to the safety of our Peoples should be the first priority. Do we have a general idea of where these happenings first occurred to give us a place to begin our investigation?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 23rd March 2015, 6:24 pm

Fa made a face. "Transmutation isn't exactly my specialty," she said. "Illusion is alright."

"I can't say Illusion or Transmutation have been my area of focus either," said Io, "but it may be passable."

Io rested his chin in one hand. "I would also be loathe to assume all of humanity is involved," he said. "What little I have studied of them seems to imply they are divided much like the People of the Water. Which means we can consider the legal options."

Fa frowned. "You mean, ask the human leaders for permission to investigate in their borders?"

"Correct," he said, "though whether that will be efficient is another question altogether. Going through that process may take weeks, if not months, and if word got to the group doing this that would be plenty of time for them to retreat."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd March 2015, 10:04 pm

Listening to the proposals to her three new companions, she nods her head at each idea that is recommended. She perks up at Farina's idea--that one hadn't occurred to her....the human dictator has sent a few messages to the council before, albeit with obvious distaste and disdain in tone.

Usually, he only contacted them when he wished to report anyone that had trespassed into their lands and to make a deal for turning in any prisoners caught that weren't human. In fact, there was a centaur once, but regardless of the prisoner's race, he was still quick to give them over to the council of the land.

"I have...spoken with the dictator before." Amalthea says uncertainly, "Through a magic spell sent by one of the council. We might be able to speak with him discreetly--if he agrees with it, but...he'd never be happy with us entering without his prior permission, for sure."

She stands up and stretches a bit and then re-seats herself. "I could go in as bait--or we could be bait. See if we're pulled in from the border as we are. Or we could go in looking like humans..."

It seems like any of the missions could take some time to implement, regardless. Still, her voice fades out and she waits to hear what the others would prefer to do.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 24th March 2015, 9:31 pm

"Why not do both?" Aldrich suggested. "Human diplomats are...slow to respond to others, yet impatient when they have demands." They're entire governmental structure was set up like that. It was a wonder they got anything done.

"Send an official party to meet with him, but in the meantime, a small group can investigate on the sly. Who knows how many more might get taken in the time it takes for him to 'deign to acknowledge us?'"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 26th March 2015, 6:49 pm

After hearing his recommendation, Amalthea nods her head. It seems like good enough of an idea--if the two people of the water can manage the disguise, that is. They haven't really clarified if they can do it, though they did say it isn't their specialty, at all....if they can't, what will they do?

"Okay, I can send a message to him and then patrol the edges of the river on this side and clear it out so that no one else is taken. Then, by the time we are finished, we may have a response. If not, we can go on in under disguise, if we are all able." Amalthea, the Thorn repeats the plan, as if to make sure that everyone is in agreement.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 31st March 2015, 7:40 pm

Io narrowed his eyes and brought his hand up to his chin. "Crossing the border illegally while the dictator is sitting on our request to cross could be... dicey," he said. "If the group is discovered then diplomatic relations could fall to pieces. It may be seen as a declaration of war."

Farina listened to him with some concern. Politics really was his forte, not hers... "But at the same time we can't wait forever," Farina added. "That's just unacceptable."

Iolleras nodded. "Right. Fine. At the least we can start by patrolling the border, but crossing it... we should play that by ear."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 6th April 2015, 9:35 pm

Amalthea, the Thorn nods her head. "Very well. Then our first action is decided. I'll send out some messages to my people and make sure that this section is patrolled and cleared. We can do a route of searching for now and see if we come across anything criminal, starting in the section where these guys were picked up."

With that, she stands up and uses her Judge greeting once more as a sign of respect to their host and thanks him for his service and assistance. Re smiles sadly, letting her know that he is thankful for their investigation and that he hopes something will come of what is happening to their people.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th April 2015, 2:08 am

Aldrich nodded. Politics was always 20 parts red tape, 1000 parts ego stroking and babysitting. Oh well.

"I shall alert my kin, as well," he said. "Then may we find the perpetrator of these atrocities..." he added darkly, anger tinging his voice.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th April 2015, 12:09 am

The coalition of leaders of the Air, Earth, and Water made their way to the border, ensuring that all civilians were clear of the area and finding nothing that helped their investigation. At the same time, messengers were sent to bring their request for an audience with the human dictator.

They cleared the border as a response came back for Amalthea from her messengers - the human dictator had granted them an audience. Farina didn't know what to make of it. Upon hearing the news, Iolleras seemed surprised - by which she meant, his eyebrows twitched a little. It seemed Io hadn't been expecting a positive answer from the dictator.

Farina knew nothing of the dictator, and so Io's surprise made her nervous. Were the dictator's intentions honest? Did they truly mean to meet with them and offer their aid, or was there some other motive behind their accepting an audience with them?
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd April 2015, 5:04 pm

Amalthea is relieved to learn that the human dictator will see them. Sure, the travels there will now be able to be more honest, but it will also be tense. No one will like them or welcome them as much as they should or could, to be sure. Yet, no one will hurt them, either--the dictator would make sure of that. Still, she is still uncomfortable going into new lands with people that she knows nothing about.

The Thorn sighs as she makes preparations to head out once more. Only this time, it is to the lands of the humans. She is scared, nervous...and also, she is certainly still too unfamiliar with her comrades. She has had little time to get to know them due to all of the work they have had to do.

Still, as she makes her way to the bridge that moves over the deadly river and into the lands of the humans, she does all that she can to maintain an appearance of confidence. Her chose to wear the garb of a judge, to make her feel...more in control?

She waits at the end of the bridge for her newer companions so that they may enter this land together--where they will all probably be unwelcome and hated. And discriminated against. With her memory flashing back to a young mermaid child that is unable to swim, Amalthea hopes that she can handle what is to come.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th May 2015, 9:26 pm

"Okay, my comrades," Aldrich began. "I figure it best I give you a rundown on what to expect on humans--and so you know, our books are far outdated."

They were holding a meeting before their departure the following day and Aldrich had called for a meeting. As it stood, he paced in front of his peers, pondering on the best knowledge that would help them.

"The first thing you should note is not only to watch what you say and give away amongst the nobles, but even more importantly is to watch what you say around the servants and lower class. Many nobles, and indeed our kind, make the mistake of not paying attention to our 'lessers.' In castles, manors, and the like, no being has more freedom to move than servants. They see and hear everything, and I do mean everything, and further can make for the best assassins as they hide in plain sight." He made a conceding gesture. "Of course, I don't necessarily expect an assassination attempt, but it'd be best if you kept your wits, anyway.

"As for the nobles, dealing with them is a separate monster. They will speak obtusely and analyze everything you say and don't say. For them, it's all about gaining the best advantage and using that to curry more favor and power. And knowledge is especially powerful in the right hands. You will all be subject to surreptitious prodding and manipulation to find out as much useful information they can get from you. Be on your guard at all times and give away nothing unless you absolutely have to--or see a way to use it to gain an opening." He rubbed his temples, getting weary just thinking about it. "Any questions, so far?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th May 2015, 12:48 am

Fa frowned and rubbed her temples. Ugh. Dori always used to tease her about how she was so easy to read. The dark splotches on her jawline always used to spread when she was embarrassed, it was humiliating. "Perhaps I shouldn't join you in negotiations..." she started to say.

"Nonsense," Io said, determined. "You have as much authority as I and deserve to be there as much as I do." There was an odd look on his face when Fa glanced over - a tightness around his jaw and a focused look in his eyes. "If you must refrain from speaking, do so. Unless that would also be unwise?" he asked, directing this towards Aldrich.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 20th May 2015, 6:08 pm

Amalthea smiles, but it is a bitter expression. She seems displeased about the way this conversation is going, but she says nothing. After all, politics are politics. Her own kind could be just as despicable as the way he describes the humans...perhaps they truly did come from the human race over the generations. The consideration of the fact makes her feel sick to her stomach. Still, if it is the truth, it must be accepted. The truth is all that Amalthea has known to be good to her in life.

"Silence can be interpreted in many ways," The Thorn says to Farina, "Easily misunderstood--but so are words. Silence could just leave them guessing. However, my people have come to respect those that only speak when it is necessary. Perhaps you could be the..."stoic observer," as they like to say it."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 25th May 2015, 6:16 pm

Aldrich had begun to respond to Io's question when Amalthea answered in his stead. He beamed at her. "Very well put," he said in agreement. "When in doubt, silence is golden. They'll come with a million different theories regardless of what you do, but silence will keep them wondering--although that can be its own separate monster," he grumbled.

"Thorn," he said formally, "you have a considerable amount of political experience, and I am much unpracticed. In handling what information of our own people, I think it best if you did the speaking. If you don't mind, I will fulfill the role of adviser to you, helping to keep you ahead of pitfalls. Does that sound agreeable to everyone?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th June 2015, 12:45 am

"As much as it irks me, I must admit I am better versed at dealing with my own people than with humans," Iolleras said. "This seems a fair setup to me, though really this is more the Thorn's call than anyone else's. Are you up to it, Thorn?"

Farina nodded vigorously. She felt a little... irritated that their people would be spoken for by two others unfamiliar with them, but they all held the same grievance anyway.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 11th June 2015, 2:04 pm

Amalthea, the Thorn nods her head. She has a stoic expression as they stand together on the edge of the human territory. Inwardly, she's nervous as ever, but she knows her duty. She has stepped out of her comfort zone many times, due to her position. This is just the same discomfort, once more.

Amalthea says, "I will be a Judge, before anything else. Then, a daughter to another. My true name and identity will be my last identity and the least important. When we speak with these humans, you should refer to me as your Judge and as a Council member of my people. It is best that this dictator sees me as my position, rather than by my small form."

In the back of her mind, she knows that her size will be her biggest disadvantage. Most of the People of the Land are far larger and thicker skinned than she is. And most have more (or larger) horns. In comparison, she will not be what is expected as a representative of her kind. As such, she will use her position to balance that. Even her Judge garb has been packed for their travels--she'll be wearing them when they meet the dictator King.

"We have a seal for passage, now." The Thorn continues after some hesitation, "Let us hope that we are greeted with as little hostility as possible during our crossing."

With that, Amalthea nervously takes one step forward onto the bridge that will carry her over the river that separates her People from that of the humans.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th August 2015, 11:29 pm

It was a few miles before they saw anything but nature--well, other than the outposts that lined up the boundaries every few miles or so when they first crossed the bridge. What came into view was farmland. He smiled in remembrance as he saw a few people off in the distance tilling the fields. A few closer to the road looked up occasionally and he had to fight down laughter. The People didn't come through human lands often. Or mostly ever. Some stared, others snapped out of it and took off running for their nearest neighbor.

There were kids working the fields, too, and he hoped some of the measures he'd set in place were holding, but that had been a couple of years ago. Kids always made him smile; it was just sad that they'd be taught the same hate that their parents had learned. How to break the cycle when the adults were morons--ignorant.

The trip was quiet and he furtively watched the others, seeing what they made of the lands. Did they see similarities? Did they try to distance themselves from the similarities?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th August 2015, 1:20 am

Farina stayed close by Iolleras after they crossed the river, uncertain and nervous. She had never planned on being this far from the temple, and she had no idea what to expect. All she knew was that her scales were starting to dry out, spending so long on the land.

They passed by a few houses on their path with people outside them - it took a bit for Farina to understand what they were doing. They seemed to be tending to land based plants - kind of like the seaweed or algae farmers she ran into at the markets. And the humans all stopped and stared, or ran away at their approach - were they as much afraid of her as she was of them?

The thought made her relax - but only a little. Iolleras, on the other hand, was as tightly wound as ever, his walk confident and his expression unreadable.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 24th August 2015, 12:28 am

Walking among the lands of these human, Amalthea did what she does best--she became stoic. Without expression, she took the posture of a judge to match that of her Judge's uniform. Though she can feel the stares from the corners of her eyes, she directs her gaze only directly before her.

Choosing to walk with her vision more narrowed definitely lowered the complications of how the humans might make her feel, but it certainly did starve her curiosity. Though she desires to learn of these creatures, she also dreads it. After all, what is the point of learning of a species that you can never truly experience or interact with?

That would be a scholar's torture, to be certain. Amalthea, the Thorn silently thanks all of the stars that she is not a scholar. She can cast magic here, if she chooses, to detect the outer thoughts of those around her, but she couldn't do so without doing the same to her fellow travelers. She doesn't wish to take their privacy from them, especially not so far from home. Why, oh why, did her father have to make her do this?

The dictator's message did say they would be met with an escort, so that they could be kept protected and be guided with the swiftest path to him. Part of her is happy with this, but the other half knows that the more they do or say around this escort could give the humans more information about her kind, as well.

With as little as she is able to learn about the humans, it would be far too risky to let them learn about her kind, in return. Should a war ever occur, the last thing she would want on her name is to be the one that gave the enemy an advantage.

"Just where are we to meet this escort?" Amalthea asks, looking over at the others. She had given the details of the message over for them to read, out of laziness--well, more or less out of nervousness. That, and it is difficult to read the strange style of writing. "Is it nearby?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th September 2015, 7:31 pm

"Should be just up ahead," Aldrich said, nodding up ahead. As they cleared the crest of the next hill, a man came into view. He had a bluff face that had seen much sun, and hands that obviously had worked many a day. He wore bluish pants of a heavy fabric, a vest of the same material, a loose white shirt, and a wide brimmed habit. He had another person with him, a young woman, in simple skirts carrying a briefcase and a tablet of parchment in her hands.

"I'm Deitrich Amos," he said in a deep voice with a thick accent. "I'm the representative of Harold Meachum, king of the Free Peoples of Lerillyn and council member representative of the town up ahead." He looked them all over, his eyes fastened onto Farina for several moments before passing on. "A pleasure to make your acquaintances."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 16th November 2015, 7:07 pm

==>  Role-Play archived.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer