Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artifacts RP Registration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Artifacts RP Registration Empty Artifacts RP Registration

Post by Fina 4th February 2011, 5:08 pm

In a seemingly calm world, the chaos of future war is dripping over the edge of subtlety, and out of reality.

This roleplay takes place on Earth, what humans and humanoids all call their home. Some summons also relate to this place as their homeland, even though they come from an alternate universe. Many humans and humanoids live as normal a life as possible, but some live people's lives have been altered due to these summons. Anyone who owns a summon knows the secrets of them, but anyone who doesn't have a summon can't tell the difference between them, and know nothing about them in general. Lately, these summons have been acting strange. They've been in contact with some shady characters who've been searching for these artifacts, which are used to boost the summon's power. The artifacts themselves don't possess evil power, and searching for artifacts aren't strange, but these shady people have been seen attacking innocent summon owners. What could be their purpose for these strange acts, and how does one go about stopping them?

Okay, so whoever has had to choose a summon before should know the drill, but, for people like me who have never played a roleplay with summons, I'll explain how this works. Down below will be a list of items. You get to choose whichever item you like best, and, whichever item you choose, a summon goes along with it. The items are first come, first serve, so be sure to pick wisely and quickly.

None

This takes place in the time period where guns and other technology wasn't created. The only weapons you can use are the more old-style type, like swords, axes, or even bows and arrows. Also, your character is allowed to have magic even if they have a summon. They may not, however, be stronger than their summon unless they went through a lot of training. Just make sure that, if you want to make your character stronger than your summon, you get approved by either me or Leah7.

The species options can include, but are not limited to, humans, halflings, dwarves, elves, or half breeds of any kind mixed together. I would prefer no anthros, please.

Regarding a map for the locations of the towns/cities and map layout, that will be explained later when the RP actually starts. There will be some towns specific for each species, but there will also be some towns where they all live together. Just bear with us until we everything settled with.

You can use this OC layout for posting your characters:

Name:

Race:

Personality:

Description:

Skills/Weapons:

RPRU(s):

Background Info:

If there is anything you don't understand or need help with, feel free to PM Leah or I, or leave a message in the roleplay discussion area. Species info is located in the roleplay discussion area if you are confused about that subject.

Also, PLEASE, when claiming an item, make sure to at least start your OC Description in the same post.

Items already taken:

Baby Blue Scythe
Violet Bandana
Deep Blue Wings
Light Green Cross Necklace
Red Rock
Black Rubix Cube
Amber Staff
Gold Crystal
Deep Green Epsilon Ring
Silver Anchor Bracelet
Deep Maroon Puzzle Box
White Lenses
Orange Crystal Ball

Last edited by Fina on 9th February 2011, 4:16 pm; edited 18 times in total
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Artifacts RP Registration Empty Re: Artifacts RP Registration

Post by Guest 4th February 2011, 5:11 pm

I'm in .
And I think I'll choose the baby blue sythe . :3

Name: Nilex

Race: Vampire

Personality: Mysterious, eerie, split-personality, serious, witty.

Description: Almost 6 feet tall, with messy shoulder length black hair that tends to cover his ice-blue eyes. He has a small black 'X' tattooed under his left eye. Wears long black fingerless gloves with straps and buckles colored white, an open black collared shirt (sleeves pushed up most of the time), with a white and blue striped shirt underneath, black pants, and black boots with white buckles. He has numerous 'X' shaped scars covering his body, including an incredibly large scar on his back.

Skills/Weapons: Twin switch-blades, each inscribed with an 'X' on the handle. He's extremely precise with them, and almost never misses his target. He also has the ability of hypnotism, mainly through touch and looking into his eyes.

RPRU(s): Fina

Background Info: Nilex was born into a unbearable life. He never knew who his parents were until after his escape from the lab he had lived his childhood in. He was forced to undergo surgeries and procedures to enhance his body and senses to become a weapon for Lord Daenin. He was given his summon, Necro, as soon as his training started. He came to have an obsession with bones, going so far as to cut his own finger open and attempt to remove the bone, but was stopped by Necro before permanent damage was made. Nilex was to have all of his emotions eliminated, except for those that would contribute to his fighting, such as hate and anger. In some of the last stages of his procedure, he became conscious in the middle of surgery. He broke out of the restraints on the operating table, and killed everyone in the room, continuing to kill every person in the facility that he came across. He removed a bone from each of the two people that had done most of his operations, and now wears them around his neck. He learned later that the two bones around his neck are indeed bones belonging to his mother and his father. In result of failed and incomplete operations, Nilex developed an extreme split-personality. One side retains dark, menacing qualities, wanting to kill and collect bones from anyone and quite possibly everyone. The other side is more closely related to the real Nilex, as he would be if not for the alterations that were forced upon him, but it struggles to remain in control. Each of Nilex's personalities speak as individual people, even though they both share the same host. Necro's death powers help subdue the bad side of Nilex on most occassions, but it is slowly losing the numbing effect it had in the beginning. Nilex often draws detailed sketches of different bones, rarely noticing that he does it.

Last edited by Lythian on 6th June 2011, 6:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th February 2011, 5:31 pm

I am in too! I would like to claim the violet bandanna, if I may...Character pending too. It will probably come in my sleep! I will fill out what I know

Name: Heidrun Ellicott

Race: Elven

Personality: She is a friendly, and curious young lady. She has lived a sheltered life, but is not naive. She can be stubborn at times. She is more proficient in the Elven healing than the light ability. (OCC - don't blame me I didn't intend to have another healer =P )

Description: Heidrun is 5'9" she keeps her light brown hair shorter than most elves, it only goes down to her shoulders. She is also considered quite attractive, but doesn't act like she is. Her eyes are green in color.

Skills/Weapons: Her weapon is a mini crossbow.

RPRU(s): Leah

Background Info: She comes from a very influential family. Her parents are friends of the royal family. She is considered the "black sheep" because of her friendliness to those that are "beneath" her. She learned to use her crossbow from one of the other servants in the castle. She has been taught in the ways of a proper young lady, but is not comfortable with that status. She finds her escape when she plays her oboe, which she excels at, and can be heard playing in the castle on a regular basis.

(more to come)

Last edited by xenolion on 26th February 2011, 2:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 4th February 2011, 5:44 pm

Deep blue wings XD I will make character info soon but I wanted to stake a claim. Thanks

EDIT:

Name: Junaluska Wilder

Race: human

Personality: Series yet at the same time likes to have fun. She knows when and where to have that fun

Description: 5’4 long dirty blond hair that goes about to her middle back. She wears it in a ponytail so that it won’t get into the way. She wears a leather belt on her side and her leather sheath for her sword is visible.

Skills/Weapons: Wears a sword on her side. She’s very skilled with it. Wind magic.

RPRU(s): Xenolion

Background Info: Junaluska's family has lived and served under King Arden the Third's family sense anyone could remember. Since King Arden is new to the throne, and some of the people of the kingdom don't like the thought of him being king, she has taken to patrolling around and keeping riots down and helping with the kingdom as much as she possible can. She right now is in favor of the king and holds him in high respect. As long as he stays on the path of Justice then she will also follow him.

Last edited by Luna on 7th February 2011, 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th February 2011, 5:49 pm

I guess I'll take the Necklace. XD I wanted the wings...but while I was posting my character sheet, Luna beat me to it...oh well...

Name: Velina Redwood

Race: Elf

Personality: Strong willed, will stand up for what she thinks is right no matter what, very kind hearted, will help anyone in need and hates seeing people in pain, she can be very fun loving and goofy at times, but she knows when to be serious, very protective of those she loves, loves music

Description: Tall, skinny, long silver hair, pointy elf ears, blue eyes, fair skin, can be seen usually wearing a Yukata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata) or a Furisode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furisode). When the need arises for her to go into battle, she will don a robe that looks similar to the one Ruroni Kenshin wears, or the ones that soul reapers wear in Bleach. I don't remember the name of this robe...and I've googled it, and have had no luck, so if you know the name of it, let me know. XD

Skills/Weapons: long bow, and two daggers, she is a pretty good shot with her bow, and swift with her daggers, is skilled at playing many instruments, but is partial to the Ocarina.

RPRU(s): Leah7

Background Info: The Redwood family has, for thousands of years, been loyal servants of the royal family of Ilarranwyn. Velina became Queen Evina's playmate and the two grew up together, forming a close bond of friendship. As Velina grew up, she went through combat training and now is appointed as one of Qeen Evina's personal bodyguard. Velina enjoys playing musical instruments for the queen. Her favorite instrument is the Ocarina, and she carries it around with her always.

Her summon, Elwyn, was assigned to her at a very young age. He had once belonged to her mother, and before that, her mother's mother, and so on. Elwyn has always been protective of the one he is assigned to. He is a free spirited young boy, with powerful magic. He is very protective of Velina. Of all the people he has ever been assigned to, he has never felt so close to any of them as he does now to Velina. However, he fears growing anymore close to her. He fears that he may be coming to fall in love with her...and he does not want that to happen because he knows it will only end in heartache for the both of them.

Last edited by Rika on 6th February 2011, 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 4th February 2011, 6:22 pm

I'll just take that red rock. Gonna complete the rest of my character sheet as time goes by

Name: Yakasi Katabara

Race: Elf

Personality: Cool and even-tempered. He rarely gets angry or shows large amounts of emotion. This may cause him to seem to be emotionless when he actually has a helpful side he doesn't show often.

Description: Light skinned. 5ft 9in tall. slim body. not very muscular. long, white hair that reaches just below his shoulders and two long strands of hair that stand out in the front. light brown eyes. he wears a red buttoned shirt with short sleeves and a light gray undershirt with sleeves that reach down to his elbows, a belt that is strapped around his waist, wrapping around the shirt and the brown pants he wears. He also wears a small strapped on pouch on both legs that hold his needles and black, boot-like shoes.

Skills/Weapons: Throwing needles, also very fast and agile. Has simple light and healing powers.

RPRU(s): Rika

Background Info: Yakasi didn't play many instruments despite growing up in Ilarranwyn. He instead explored the outskirts of the city and practiced how to throw needles. His parents tried to make him play an instrument, but he just wasn't interested. As Yakasi grew up, he discovered his magic abilities, but he never honed them. Every once in a while, he heals someone who has a scratch or any other minor injury. Now, he acts as a convoy, protecting traders or any person who leaves the city.

Last edited by Physis on 9th February 2011, 3:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th February 2011, 7:19 pm

Name: Zero

Race: (would Vampire be considered)

Personality: Very Self centered and loose tempered

Description:

Skills/Weapons:Legendary Sword

RPRU(s):

Background Info:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 4th February 2011, 7:46 pm

@ Physis: Yes, a vampire counts as the race. Also, are you going to claim a summon?

Well, I guess I'll go ahead and post my character. I’ll have someone else choose my summon later, so I’ll wait on that.

Name: Palia

Race: Human

Personality: Approachable, Kind, Somewhat Shy, Scatter-brained, Cheerful, and Positive

Description: Palia has brown eyes with pale pink hair that goes a little past her shoulders with one strand in the front that curls down. She wears a soft-toned red dress with white sleeves that flair out at the end. The end of her dress has white laces that rim it. She also wears short, white boots with little pink bows on the front of each. On her hands, she wears short white gloves and, on her head, she wears a black headband with a red bow on it.

Skills/Weapons: She can use gravity abilities, and she wields a bow and arrow. She also has skills in using water magic, but she is not very skilled, so most of these attacks are as weak as being splashed by a kid.

RPRU(s): Leah7 and Lythian

Background Info: Palia had lived a fairly normal life until her parents and brother mysteriously disappeared when she was only 14, leaving her left with just her summon, Glacies. She had to learn how to take care of herself and her summon without having anyone to help, but, after a few months, she learned how to earn a living. Once she turned 15, she decided to travel around in search of them. A year passed, but she did not find any trace of them. Weary from a long journey, she decided to settle down in the Kingdom of Abbersworn, her summon with her the whole entire time.

Item: Gold Crystal

Last edited by Fina on 6th February 2011, 5:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th February 2011, 12:23 am

Name: Azrin Maticartd (Ahz - reen Mat - ee- card)

Race: Drow

Personality:
Intelligent, Eccentric, Analytical, Curious, and has a fascination with 'shiny things.'

Description:
6'3 tall with dark, earthen clothing. Very thing build, but well muscled. Dark hair and skin with bright gold eyes and two sets of eyelids. Wears noble-drow clothing, but looks like weird clothes to oher species. Speaks with a strange accent when speaking common; has a raspy, deep voice and pointy, elven ears.

Skills/Weapons:
Bow and Arrow, Shortsword, Night Vision, Air and Flight Magic

RPRU(s): xenolion, Fina

Background Info: Azrin is a royal Drow who had always done much to earn his keep for in his home in Encantrynum. As a hard working Tzarrist, teaching the Drow religion to all of the children who are eager to learn and practice the beliefs. For many years, his life was simple and full of joy. However, his life changed when he fell in love with an Elf. As his love for her grew, she promised him a marriage that would not occur. Her family was against him for his ruler's rash actions against the elves, and she turned him away. Taking his broken heart back home in Encantrynum, he sold his luxurious house, said goodbye to all his children, and left the citadel. He is now the Guardian of the Sincheckrian Temple, where the ruler of each species meet once a month to discuss their trades, alliances, and disagreements. He usually avoids female elves, now, and he still works hard.

Item: Black Rubix Cube

Last edited by Leah7 on 6th February 2011, 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 5th February 2011, 2:13 pm

Finally complete! I may add some odds and ends to the background info, though.

Name: Maximiliaan

Age: Appears about 20, though his real age is unknown (let's just say, pretty old)

Race: Vampire

Personality: He doesn't take anything seriously and loves to mess with people. No one ever knows if he's actually telling the truth, as he enjoys lying and twisting things. He's pretty laid back, and many people say being alive as long as he has has caused his sanity to slip. However, on a rare occasion he'll look you in the eye dead serious and speak with ancient wisdom.

Description: Short, only about 5'7". Chin length, dark red hair and bright silver eyes. Very pale, has claws, fangs, and all that vampire-y stuff. Typically wears a tunic, trousers, boots, and a cape. Can speak the common language very well, but has a heavy Demonic accent.

Skills/Weapons: Super speed, night vision, acute hearing, very proficient in dark magic. He has a sword, but hasn't used it in a very long time.

RPRU(s): Leah & xenolion

Background Info: Not much is known about his past, as he always tells some outrageous story when asked. He lives in Dracarr, and doesn't really seem to care about the politics and things. He is a superb potion maker, though sometimes you have to watch out because you might not get quite what you asked for. He is currently the guardian of the bloodwheel, the waterwheel that keeps the blood rivier flowing.

Item: Amber Staff

Last edited by LadyTwi on 6th February 2011, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th February 2011, 4:49 pm

Silver Anchor Bracelet
Yeah...if I may....

Name: Astrid Rosaleia

Race: Half breed (Elf, Human mix)

Personality: Shy and inrovertid, she rarely speaks. This does not however mean she is cowardly. She is as brave as they come and more than willing to stick up for strangers, which often lands her in hot water. She's extremely friendly when she gets to know you.

Description: Tall with mid length silver hair. She has red eyes, could be described as albino. Her ears have slight points at the ends. She rarely wears dresses and when she does they have shorts underneath. Dresses in gothic lolita fashions. She also rarely ties her hair up.

Skills/Weapons: A skilled archer, but she preffers heavier weapons, such as scythes and axes. She is also an extremely skilled horseman and chariotier.

RPRU(s): Leah

Background Info: Her mother was an elf, but was stricken with disease and currently resides in her home where servants wait on her dwindling health. Her father was once known to her, but dissapeared. She is currently a reasercher, trying to find a cure for her mother, among other things. Extremely gifted in her knowledge and understanding of literature, the few friends she has come from books. She also has a taste for the arts and frequently questions many parts of human nature.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 6th February 2011, 10:08 pm

This sounds interesting! I choose the Deep Green Epsilon Ring.

Name: Nikolai Greyson

Personality: Takes everything he does seriously and with determination, and doesn’t have much of a sense of humour. Can be a little pessimistic, and is quite mature for his age. His more vulnerable side shows when he is faced with his fear: the dark.

Description: He is 5’7”, and has brown-red hair that goes just past his ears with bangs. His eyes are pale green.

Skills/Weapons: Spear

RPRU(s): Lady Twi

Background Info: He lived with his mother, father, and older brother, Lyle, in the Kingdom of Abbersworn until he was 10. That was the age he received his summon from his father, and shortly after this his parents were murdered and his brother disappeared. Having no nearby relatives, Nikolai was alone until a kind man named Kent took him in. Nikolai learned to fight with a spear from Kent, who is quite skilled. When he turned 16, Nikolai insisted that he absolutely needed to find his brother, and he seemed so determined that Kent decided to let him go search for him.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Tokahia 7th February 2011, 10:51 pm

Deep Maroon Puzzle box.

Name: Johnny Hershal Wright

Personality: Intelligent, socially awkward

Description: wears black slacks, black shoes, a white t-shirt, and a navy blue trench coat, stands 5' 11", he has one blue eye and one green eye, some times he wares a top hat for fun, he has short brown hair, he has no facial hair

Skills/Weapons:Puzzle solving, he doesn't carry a weapon, he has basic knowledge of most martial arts (just in case he ever gets attacked)

RPRU(s): Don't know I am almost always on

Background Info: Though he is a great puzzle solver he came across one puzzle that he could never solve. He found a deep maroon puzzle box that has been giving him problems. While he has tried to solve the puzzle box he has helped solve all kinds of cases from the unsolvable to the silliest of riddles. He travels around hoping that one day he can solve the puzzle box.

Tokahia
Tokahia
Gateway Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2011, 2:10 pm

I call White Lenses! Glad they are still left since I probably would have chosen them anyway! :D

Name: Dross Idiokradidas

Race: Drow

Personality: A bit scatterbrained at times and oblivious, but he is incredibly intelligent and can remember anything once it is actually committed to memory. He is solitary, calm, quiet, thoughtful, mumbles to himself often, and scribbles on everything. When traveling or dealing with others he is blunt but kind, does not get phased by threats or dangerous situations, and does not always stay on the same page. Still he is well-spoken and can speak Common, Dwarvin, and Demonic fluently. He gets along fine with other races, but vampires rub him the wrong way and halflings tend to annoy him.

Description: 6'2", 160lbs., Dross' eyes glow deep purple with an almost electric sheen. His skin is strangely gray and ashen for his race, his hair is stark white, and it is cropped close to his head with a few long braids situated on the back of his head with three trailing down a little past his shoulders. His ears point back some and are long, thin, and fold a little at the tips. Pale blotches line his back similar in shape to port-wine birthmarks. He has a crystal labret piercing. He wears a fine piece of dark purple cloth that wraps around his midsection like a large belt that goes up to his ribs. A short overcoat of dark leather covers his shoulders and upper back. He wears dark maroon breeches that bleed into a deep red at the ankles. He wears leather boots over the breeches.

Skills/Weapons: A white crystal chakram he throws and uses his wind magic to amplify its momentum. He rarely flies, but more so glides around and can dodge very well with flips and odd moves. He can catch practically any projectile thrown, shot, or launched at him.

RPRU(s): Leah7, Rika

Background Info: Once a resident of high-standing in Encantrynum, Dross went by a different name and lived a better life. He was banished from the castle and inner city he now lives in a cave on the south eastern outskirts of Encantrynum. The cave itself was hard to access but has many crystals which his people have not mined. He is trying to further his research on a theory that some crystals and other inanimate objects hold powerful spirits within them. He has many contacts and connections both from his previous standing and his travels as an outcast. He had just recently acquired a pair of white lenses which are supposedly haunted... [MORE TO COME]

Item: White Lenses.

Last edited by treomatos on 18th February 2011, 12:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2011, 3:27 pm

Name: Kentaro Owasagi

Race: Halfling/Drow

Personality: Calm, Respective, mysterious, can also be very clumsy at times.

Description: Shorter than most Drow's he has darker skin tone with long dark green hair his face looks more human than it does Drow being part halfling. He tries to live life with the Drows more so than the Halflings.

Skills/Weapons: He cares a Crystal Staff made from assorted animal bones.

RPRU(s): Tokahia

Background Info: Lives in the area that most Drows do though he doesn't fit in so he tried to keep to himself. His home does have some assorted furs though he only collects those of rarely seen animals. He doesn't like to be dirty and tried to keep himself clean unlike most Halflings. He also dresses more like a Drow except a necklace that belonged to his no long existing mother who passed being that her age span isn't as long as a Drow. His father travels the world looking for rare gems and is hardly ever home. Kentaro doesn't like to leave unless he must. He hopes that other Drow's will except him someday.

Item: Orange Crystal Ball
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 9th February 2011, 4:34 pm

This roleplay has become full of people. Since there are no more summons to give out anyways, no one will be able to join from this point on. Thank you for your understanding.
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top