Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veralidaine Roleplay

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Veralidaine Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Veralidaine Roleplay

Post by Holsety 8th August 2011, 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

((Sorry for the wait guys!))

Asher walked along the dirt road, his heavy brown cloak pulled tightly around himself. His hood hung over his head and covered his eyes, though he didn't need to see as he could navigate by sound. He dodged around the humans walking in the opposite direction with ease, and the road itself was pretty straight.

He walked off the road and stopped for a moment. He lifted his hood just enough so he could see what was ahead. The walls of Agustine rose up in the distance, about another half hour of walking and he'd be there.

He had no idea what was going through his great-grandfather's head when he decided to send Asher this far north for some book. The old man must be losing his mind. However, Asher couldn't turn him down.

The sun was now high in the sky, though some clouds had begun to move in and cover it. There was a slight breeze that rustled the grass and the few trees that grew on either side of the path. Despite that, Asher was ridiculously hot, but he had to wear this cloak in case of poachers or whatever else. He knew what humans were like.

He pulled his hood back down and continued on. The road was somewhat busy, though the increasing number of demons tended to keep many people home and off the road. Also, only the most tolerant humans actually went to Agustine, since there were infanima there too. It had only been 68 years since the war between between the races had ended, after all. King Elson III had made Agustine as a place of peace and appointed his family and an infanima family, that of King Alyran, as its dual rulers, allowing both races to mingle there.

Lost in his thoughts, Asher accidentally bumped into someone. His hood started to slide back and he grabbed it, but not before he heard a woman gasp. He darted off the road and into a cluster of trees. He knew she had followed him; he drew his sword and waited for her.

She approached around a tree and came face to face with the blade. She stopped dead, but didn't take her eyes off the cloaked figure.

"I saw... horns. You're a..." she stammered.

"You never saw me," Asher growled. "You'll continue on like you never saw me and not breathe a word about it or I swear..."

He thrust his sword closer and she ran away. After fighting off a few stray demons, he returned to the road.

The rest of the walk was uneventful, and he soon arrived at his destination. The massive stone walls rose up before him, tall and sturdy enough to stave off most demons. Archers were positioned along the top of them to shoot down the airborne ones.

He slipped past the guards at the main gate using his stealth and a group of humans that were passing through and he was finally in. The city sprawled ahead of him, the houses and stores all made of stone and wood. Humans and infanima passed each other on the streets with restrained tolerance. Even after all these years, the city still wasn't the peaceful paradise King Elson had envisioned.

Asher passed by a group of infanima who had cornered a human, a guard who was breaking up a fight, and a male infanima and female human sitting on a bench together. Overall, he questioned the wisdom of making a place like this, though there seemed to be some good.

The library was near the castle. As he moved toward the north end of Agustine, he could see the tall spires of the castle rising up into the sky. The library was dwarfed by the building's overall enormity.

Glad to finally be there, Asher hurried on to the library.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Veralidaine Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Veralidaine Roleplay

Post by Kiseki 10th August 2011, 6:52 pm

[ATTN: Pallas, Open]

After things had settled, the priest approached the group again, asking questions.

"No..." Cassian replied to Pallas' second question, looking out the door.

"We're bodyguards! We've gotta check out everybody that gets near Master and determine if they're dangerous!" Leroy piped up. He then eyed Pallas suspiciously. "And don't worry, I'm almost done my assessment of you..."

Bernard sighed, then whacked the back of his co-worker's head. "Leroy, don't be so foolish. Leave the priest alone."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th August 2011, 6:57 pm

{Attn: Asher, Chane, Open}

Maresca was catching her breath when she heard the male voices. She looks up and sees another person in a cloak. He scared off the two men. She looks up and says a quick thank you as we walked past.

Then another person knelt next to her. This one was being nice to her. She looks up and sees the horns, her eyes widening. It is a Tiamant!!! She has only read about them. Maresca doesn't know what to think of the Tiamant. She slowly rises to her feet staying close to the wall as possible. "I...I am fine, thank...thank you." She grabs her bags, the book falling out of her hands. "I have to go."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 10th August 2011, 7:02 pm

((Attn: Cassian, Open))

"So why were you looking at him like he killed your dog or something?" Pallas scratched his head, glancing back toward the library doors before blinking at Leroy.

"Uh. Yeah. I'm shaking in my sandals right now, I assure you."

Then, he remembered the purpose of his visit to the library in the first place. "So, on a completely serious note, how's the demon situation around Infanus?"
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th August 2011, 7:07 pm

(ATTN: MARESCA)
Chane catches the books as they fall to the ground. She hands them to the girl. If she doesn't want her help, she won't force her to accept it. She sighs, and decides she'll at least follow the girl to make sure she gets home safely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 10th August 2011, 7:14 pm

Cassian, who had regained his composure, ignored Pallas' first question, looking past him at the tall shelves of books.

When Pallas asked about demons, the group became serious.

"The demons seem to become worse as each day passes," Bernard responded gravely.

"Yeah. Man, we don't even leave the mansion too much. They're everywhere!" Leroy explained.

"This may be our last trip to Agustine unless something is done about them," Alicia stated.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th August 2011, 7:18 pm

{Attn: Chane}

Maresca takes the book from the Tiamant "Thank you again." Maresca lifts her eyes to meet the Tiamant's. "Please forgive me, I've only read about your kind in books. My name is Maresca. You may want to cover your horns if you go out in the city. The ruler may want the races to coexist, but they really don't." Maresca puts the book in her bag. "I have to get back."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th August 2011, 7:23 pm

"I have tried and learned," Chane gave a smile. "But the brutality of some humans and infanima amazes me..Please, allow me to walk you home. I don't want you being chased by those brutish men again." She covers her horns with her hood once more and surveys the area around her.
"Do you live far? I know it may seem odd to you, but I don't enjoy the idea of people harming one another.."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 10th August 2011, 7:34 pm

Pallas sighed, raking his fingers through his hair in frustration. It sounded similar to the situation in Agustine, which probably meant it was like that in most places. There hadn't been any rumours of a safe location floating through town, after all.

"That bad, huh? Sounds like here. I'm guessing you probably have about as much of a plan as we do when it comes to dealing with them too, eh?" He rolled his eyes, turning around to briefly read the titles on some of the book spines, pulling out a couple that were related to demons.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 10th August 2011, 7:40 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Asher was able to get away from the rabble and head down the back alley until he came to an inn. He went in and paid for a room, then ascended the stairs and went into it. It was small but cozy, and had a window facing south. He looked out it, but couldn't see the mountains he called home. He wasn't looking forward to the trip back; he had fought off enough demons, humans, and infanima to hold him for a long time.

He took his cloak off and hung it on the back of the door, glad to be rid of it. He stretched his cramped wings and took the book he had borrowed out of his cloak's pocket. He sat on the bed and flipped through it.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th August 2011, 7:47 pm

{Attn Chane, Open}

Maresca looks over her shoulder towards the orphanage in the distance. She doesn't want this new person to know where she lives. She turns back to the Tiamant, looking at her bags. "You don't have to worry about me, they won't be back. They probably found a girl to swoon over them. I live somewhat close by any way."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 10th August 2011, 8:00 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Dania scrubs at the table, cleaning up the small mess from her small section of the kitchen. She is just finishing up when Cook Liara moves up with a panicked expression on her face.

"Dania! Dania!" Liara exclaims, "I completely ruined the pies! Every single one! Well, not one of them, but then Al took it and--"

"What?!" Danie exclaims, dropping her rag onto the counter. "That page boy will not have another pie from this kitchen if it kills me! That thief must be dealt with!"

Dania rolls up her sleeves, cracks her knuckles in a threatening gesture, and readies to storm off towards the exit to find the boy. Liara exhales with frustration and pulls Dania back.

"Dania!" Liara exclaims, "That's not the concern! The two royal families will be dining together tonight and they expect pies for dessert! What are we to do??"

Dania pauses, a look of contemplation masking over her face for just a moment before her face lights up with excitement.

"We don't need pies! We'll make my famous sweet meats!" Dania says with a grin, "Them rich folks won't miss a pie or two after tasting my masterpieces!"

"Whaaaat?!" Liara says, throwing her hands up, "No! Rich folks don't eat candy! That is not what they need; they need sweet delicacies!"

"Ha!" Dania shrugs dismissively, "Everything made by my hand is a delicacy! Now get over here and help me work so I can save your hide and your job...if you still want to work here still, that is."

Liara sighs with stress, "Okay, but this had better work, woman."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 11th August 2011, 4:16 pm

"Our plan? Kill every one we meet!" Leroy exclaimed. "What else can we do?"

Cassian joined Pallas at the bookshelf, scanning the titles of books for a subject he hadn't already read about. He pulled out a book, and began flipping through it.

"They're very bothersome," Cassian sighed. "Infanus is doing what they can, however the demons they kill are always replaced fairly quickly."

Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th August 2011, 5:22 pm

[ATTN: Dania]

"What's going on over here, ladies?" the head chef boomed as he walked over to Dania and Liara. "You'd better not mess this up!"

He glared at them with his beady eyes. "And they specifically sent for pies! Whatever it is you're doing won't do at all. If you're out of pie materials, go out to the market and buy some more, but make it snappy!"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2011, 6:09 pm

Chane nods, realizing how strange and creepy she must seem.
She decides to introduce herself, seeing no other way to end the conversation.
"I'm Chane, by the by." She introduced herself. "I know you are probably a bit put off by a stranger asking you where you live, but I have no ill intentions, I assure you. I was merely trying to help. Either way, I wish you well."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th August 2011, 6:24 pm

{Attn: Chane}

Maresca bows politely "A pleasure to meet you, Chane. I appreciate your help...." She was going to say more when she was interrupted by two kids from the orphanage. They pay no attention to Chane.

"Mare there you are, the Mistress was wondering where you went too."

"She told us to check out the library in case you got lost in a book again."

"Yep she said 'That Maresca, probably got as far as the library once again'"

Maresca spins around pushing the kids ahead a little before they notice Chane. "Here take these to the Mistress, and tell her I will be there in a little bit. And no snacking before dinner or I will not read you a story before bed."

Each kid took a bag. "Don't worry Mare we will go straight back"

"Yeah you tell the best stories."

They run off as Maresca turns back to Chane. "I am sorry about that. No they are not my siblings." Maresca looks at the ground. "I...I live at the orphanage. Have a good evening Chane. It was a pleasure to meet you."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 11th August 2011, 10:25 pm

Pallas had, by now, figured out that it was probably a good idea to just smile and nod at whatever Leroy said so that was what he did.

"Yeah, same here," Pallas replied to Cassian, sighing. "I'm sure you guys saw how the city was guarded when you were coming in. Security's never had to be like that. We have no plan either, and I don't get why. Between two royal families, you'd think they'd figure something out..."

He was aware that he was ranting, but he couldn't help it. He was frustrated by the danger the city was in and its effect on the people's beliefs, as well as his own.

He shrugged it off, forcing a grin. "Pretty frustrating." He tucked the books under his arms. "Are you guys going to need a human compass on the way out of here, too?"

If they did, he figured there was no harm in waiting. It wasn't like he had anything to rush back to at this point.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th August 2011, 1:13 am

[ATTN: Head Chef]

As the head chef walked over to them, Liara groaned and slumped over in desperation. As much as she knows that Dania's idea probably won't work, she really doesn't want to buy more ingredients for the pies...

Dania's expression switches over to defiance and annoyance, as Liara prepares for yet another long argument, and Dania raises her hands to her hips with pride.

"Ha! Well, aren't you a joke?" Dania says, "I honestly don't see why they didn't place me in your stead! I'm clearly better than going out to buy stupid ingredients! Besides, I'll have you know that my sweet meats will make them forget about any such pies that they think they requested a ridiculous time ago!"

"Dania...." Liara says, tugging at her arm with alarm, "Let's not argue..."

"Pft." Dania scoffs, "He can't fire me. I was hired for my skills and my connection to the royal family. As far as I'm concerned, he can respect me a little more."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 12th August 2011, 10:11 am

"Fine, do whatever you want!" the head chef threw his arms into the air. "Damn girl. If the royal families are displeased you will be the one blamed, not I."

He stalked off, annoyed, and tended to the main course. The other cooks quietly went about their business, pretending to ignore what had just happened. This supper had to be perfect, as the two royal families of Agustine rarely ate together and tensions were high enough as it was.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th August 2011, 11:20 am

[ATTN: Head Chef]

Dania stares for her moment. Then:

"Wooohooo!!!" Dania's face lightsup, her hands widen out, and she begins spinning in circles where she stands.

Liara exhales loudly and grabs for Dania's arms. When she stops her from spinning, Dania's face is mischievous. "What are you thinking....?"

"I'm thinking about how I get to make sweet meats!" Dania says excitedly. Liara rolls her eyes. She shakes her head and then looks over at the head chef with disdain.

"I'll head out for the ingredients, Sire." Liara says,

"Hey!" Dania protests, her hands going up to her hips again. Liara rushes out the door.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 12th August 2011, 4:09 pm

[ATTN: Pallas]

"We won't be needing you," Cassian said to Pallas, closing the book he was reading. "You may leave."

"But wait! We have no idea where anything is! How will we find an inn?" Leroy spoke up, sounding concerned.

"Master, perhaps it would be best if Pallas showed us the way to an inn," Alicia said, then looked at Pallas. "If you don't mind, that is."

Cassian sighed. He didn't really like relying on this human to travel around town; it was a little humiliating. However, Cassian had learned after several years with these bodyguards that were very adamant about avoiding any possible danger.

"Very well then," Cassian conceded. He turned to Pallas. "We request guidance to an inn."

"Preferably a high quality inn..." Bernard, who was near Pallas, whispered.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by sagiri 12th August 2011, 4:15 pm

((Attn: Cassian))

"I don't need your permission to leave, kid," Pallas said, rolling his eyes. "Just saying."

Cassian's servants then talked some sense into their master and Pallas agreed to show them to an inn. A high quality inn.

"Naturally. All right, follow me."

Pallas led them to the most expensive inn he knew of. He figured it would meet Cassian's standards. "And here we are. You're welcome and good night."

He'd learned not to expect any gratitude from Cassian by now, so he just nodded his good bye and returned to the temple.
sagiri
sagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 12th August 2011, 4:39 pm

[ATTN: Open]

The afternoon passed and soon evening was upon the city. Asher put down the book and donned his cloak once again; this inn was just small and didn't serve meals, so he had to go out into the city. He pulled his hood up and went out.

People were still milling about outside, humans and infanima alike. He followed a group to a restaurant/bar and while it was a dingy place, it was good enough for him. There weren't many people there, and he took a seat in a corner where hopefully no one would bother him. He ordered his food and kept to himself.

After cooking all afternoon, it was time to serve the royal families. Liara had brought back enough ingredients for a few pies, and Dania had been allowed to make her sweet meats. The servants arrived to take the food.

"I hope Their Majesties find the food their liking," the head chef said pleasantly.

After the servers left, his pleasantness did too and he turned to the cooks. "Get out. All of you!"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th August 2011, 1:54 pm

[ATTN: OPEN]

Dania didn't need to wait to see how this was going to work out. At the head chef's orders, she rushed out of the kitchens and headed towards her quarters that were offered to her when she was hired.

She made her way to her room, taking her favorite cooking knives with her. She is sure not to stop when people address her, because she doesn't want anyone to notice the hidden spices and foods in her apron-dress.

When she reaches her room, she closes the door, drops the food onto her bed, and makes herself a delicious meal that most cooks can't enjoy themselves.

Dania was never one to follow all of the rules.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th August 2011, 3:46 pm

{Attn: Chane, Open}

Maresca turned around then suddenly stops. She speaks in her quiet tone. "If...you want you can come with me you can. There are some nice inns in the city to stay also." She begins to walk forward.

She opens the orphanage door and is immediately flocked by the kids. Maresca laughs and allows herself to be dragged along. The Mistress comes in. "Thank you very much for picking up the items for me." She hands Maresca a book. "This I believe is yours. I should have guessed you would get a book. Anyway a messenger stopped by to say your tutoring session was cancelled tonight."

Maresca was happy to hear that. Now she can stop by the temple after dinner to practice some of her magic. It is not only the best place to practice it, but also the most private. Father Pallas doesn't bother her too much since her magic is holy.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 15th August 2011, 10:50 am

[ATTN: All]

By the time Asher finished his food, the restaurant was almost empty, though the bar was gaining people regularly. Asher approached the counter to pay for his meal and discovered that while the food was cheap, you had to buy a drink before you left, and that didn't come cheap.

After he finished whatever it was that was in the mug and doing his best to avoid the various drunks hanging around, Asher left the building. It was dark out now, the only light coming from the flames in the lamps that lined the street. A few people walked by, but the streets were empty for the most part.

As he walked along, he suddenly felt a prickly feeling in his head. It was irritating; he wondered if it was from that crap he'd drank. The sensation got more intense, and soon it felt like his mind was being stabbed. He put his hands on either side of his head and sunk down onto his knees. Then, everything went white.

It started to come into focus. There was a figure standing on what looked like an ancient, crumbling structure made of stone. Clouds swirled around the structure, obscuring it for the most part. In the background, a blue sky was filled with clouds as well.

The figure was wearing a large, white robe that completely obscured what the person underneath might look like. The hood of the robe covered the person's face, allowing only their mouth and chin to show. The robe was elaborately decorated with a strange pattern.

When the figure spoke, it sounded distant, and even Asher's extremely sensitive ears had trouble picking it up.

"...The world's only hope... Go east to the ruins... Claim the power to... defeat demons... If you six don't... world will fall to ruin... Leave at first light... You must..."

The vision faded out, and Asher soon found he was staring down at the ground. The voice still rang in his head, and he was wondering if that stuff he drank had been spiked with something. He slowly got up and headed back to his inn room. He laid down on the bed and even as he slept the voice still repeated the words.

((Very important! All you guys have the exact same vision that Asher had at the exact same time.))
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top