Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Age: Noir

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silver Age: Noir Empty Silver Age: Noir

Post by Ink 13th December 2011, 4:40 pm

[Attn: Open]

A single teardrop falls into a puddle that wavers against blackness. A young woman kneels down, holding her adoptive parents in the middle of a local martial arts dojo. Their bodies are limp, cold, and lifeless. They were gone; killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and seeing the wrong thing. The crying young lady rocks herself with her adoptive mother in her arms. She looks to the man. He lies there in silence. The back of his robe is all she sees then. On the back is the unmistakable symbol of Yin and Yang; Balance. The symbol speaks to her. If the world was determined to deliver more darkness than light, then she would be the one. She would create balance.

That is the end of one story and the beginning of two more. Mandy Clayton died that night with her adoptive parents. Now there was only Yin and Yang, Darkness and Light. There was only Flip-Side. Years have passed since then. The twenty-something woman challenges the hardships of the world as a superhero by day and a brooding vigilante by night. Effortlessly having become one of the world's most prominent heroes but also the Number 1 Ranking Martial Artist and Fifth Best Acrobat.

Currently, she stands on a rooftop on the dark Manhattan Streets. Police cars pass by, sirens blaring. Yet all she does is watch. She then sighs, leaping from one rooftop to the next, following the police to their destination. Another night on patrol like any other. How routine.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Silver Age: Noir Empty Re: Silver Age: Noir

Post by EphPhoenix 15th December 2011, 11:42 pm

It smelled like sh*t. The entire city. Filth, every last one of them. Turning a blind eye to the corruption that was swallowing them all. He looked to the building. This was the place.

He walked in. Immediately, the security guards jumped up. Masked men tended to do that.

"State your busi--"

The yield sign that embedded itself into the guy shut him up. The pole that it had been connected to sent the other three flying like they were at Yankee Stadium.

That brought out the others like sharks to the scent of blood. Uzi's in hand, they opened fire. He deftly fled out of the line of fire, throwing the large metal bar at them. The crunch of bones and screams let him know he had hit his targets. He ripped out the large desk the security guards had been sitting at and threw it at the remainders.

Before the hour was out, every last scum-sucker would be dead.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 15th December 2011, 11:57 pm

[Attn: Langston]

Flip-Side lands on a rooftop overlooking a bleak, empty shack. The police stop outside and look about the area, standing on either side of the door with their firearms ready. The chief of police steps out of his car with a bullhorn. "This is the police! Come out with your hands up!" A petty criminal. Not so petty anymore. He'd murdered someone. The unforgivable crime. Flip-Side knows this all too well. The police wouldn't set this up for a simple mugger or crook. Only for someone who'd killed...or meant to.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th December 2011, 5:27 pm

"I'll give you anything! Anything!"

"Your kind have already given me plenty."

Thanatos crushed the man's skull with his bare hands, blood and brain matter flying everywhere. He promptly slapped his hands together, then washed his hands and gloves in the washroom. It had been a bloodbath on every floor. The people who just worked for Jim Maloney--the crime boss he had just killed--he had spared, though they sat huddled under their desks either crying or soiling themselves.

"Not enough," he said aloud to no one in particular as he looked out from the window of the top floor.

There were more places to hit, and the night was just starting. He looked at the building over, gauged the distance, then broke the bullet proof glass with a chair. He got a running start and leapt the several yards distance and rolled to his feet when he hit the roof and took off at a run. The night was just beginning, and so was the death toll.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 16th December 2011, 10:36 pm

Flip-Side sneaks into the building, unnoticed by police and more importantly, the criminal. He wanders around inside, knowing they'll get in sooner or later. He just has no idea how much trouble he's really in. Suddenly, a figure crashes through the window before the police down below. A spotlight is put on him. Holding him by the back of his jacket is Flip-Side. Several police clamor together in a huddle and she drops him, making sure he lands in their arms. She the disappears back into the building, sneaking out through a window on the opposite side and running off into the city.

Elsewhere, Thanatos had been tipped off on a disappearance in a nearby neighborhood. Several civilians had gone missing and the M.O was that of one infamous villain; Missy.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 1:10 am

Trading out some new clothes for ones less blood-stained, he took to the streets again. He'd been hearing word of disappearances in one neighborhood and figured he could divert enough time from his mafia hunting to deal with this.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th December 2011, 1:27 am

Missy had been sitting inside an abandoned apartment building she had her people renovate to suit her regular needs. She had them all sitting down around her tea table, tied to chairs. She sips calmly. "Why do grown ups lie so much?" She asks one of them. "Is it because you're bigger? I bet you feel bigger when other people think you're right. Even if you actually aren't." She sips a cup of imaginary tea as they all look around anxiously.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 5:29 pm

[Attn: Missy]

He kicked the doors into the front in, unhinging them. Then quickly, as the goons inside were reacting to point their weapons, he ripped one of the doors off and slung it like a frisbee. The door impacted two of them while he ran along the wall dodging the bullets from the other six.

He kicked off against the wall, shooting for them like a bullet as they reloaded their clips and had them. As they lay unconscious, he began walking upstairs. There were two more goons who ripped off stair banisters made quick work of, then the door they were obviously guarding.

He kicked it open just in time to see a young girl with several hostages. He cocked an eyebrow.

"What the h*ll is this?" he growled. "You the daughter of the *sshole behind this or did your tea party just go bad?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th December 2011, 5:40 pm

[Attn: Thanatos]

"Oh, hello. Who are you?" Missy says, looking over her shoulder at the anti-hero. "Did mama and papa invite you to my tea party?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 6:22 pm

"Could be," he said, eying them all. "Any particular reason your tea party guests are all tied up?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th December 2011, 6:26 pm

"They were being bad. So mama and papa came and tied them to the seats. Are you going to be bad too? If you are, then I'm gonna have to call mama or papa or Play-Doh."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 6:30 pm

"Oh, give me a break, kid," he said annoyed. "I don't have time to tangle with whatever psychos you call mommy and daddy. And Play-Doh just sounds ominous."

He walked over to the nearest hostage and ripped his ropes apart with ease. "I'll just take these misbehaving people and you won't have to worry about them, anymore. Sound fair?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th December 2011, 6:37 pm

Missy blinks then gets up and runs to the door on the opposite side of the room and presses the red button, talking into a speaker. "Papa, a mean man just came in and he's taking my playmates."

"Play-Doh's in your pocket, honey," a man says over the intercom.

Missy then removes a container of Play-Doh from her pocket and opens it. From it emerges a large mass of animated clay in a somewhat humanoid form, looming over Thanatos. The monster blasts the doors and windows, covering them then sets Missy up on a bookshelf and turns back to the anti-hero.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 6:54 pm

[Attn: Play-Doh]

Thanatos cocked an eyebrow. "Really? Really?"

Unfazed, he did what any intelligent psychopath would do. He leapt up, then pushed off against the ceiling. Hard. He kicked down with all of his might, causing the floor to collapse around him and the putty man.

Before it could recover, he jumped back up to the second floor and quickly finished freeing the rest of the hostages. "Run! Go!" he growled fiercely.

He ran over to the little girl and when the putty man smashed back up into the room, grabbed the little girl, ran to the window, then through her upward into the sky at an angle.

"Fetch," he growled as he leapt outside.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 17th December 2011, 7:02 pm

Play-Doh then grabs Thanatos and absorbs him into his body, moving to suffocate him. He then approaches the window to find Missy had gone. Suddenly he receives a black and white kick in the face. Play-Doh staggers back, accidentally releasing the anti-hero and growls. Flip-Side then lands inside the window and sets Missy down. "Missy, you're in a lot of trouble."

"But-"

"No buts. We don't kidnap people."

Play-Doh suddenly grabs the anti-hero and tosses him at Flip-Side. Then he grabs Missy and escapes through the window with her. Flip-Side then gets up. "Again? This is getting old, Missy." She stands at the window and touches her hand to her earpiece. "Jean, she got away."

"Too bad. What are you going to do about it?"

"Let it wait. She won't pull another stunt for a good while. It's a pattern of hers."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th December 2011, 9:22 pm

[Attn: Flip-Side, Open]

Thanatos got up. The quarry having gotten away, he immediately lost interest. There were more important fish to fry and it seemed one of the publicly sanctioned heroes could handle the rest from here.

He left the house and walked away.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 18th December 2011, 1:20 pm

The over the next week, Flip-Side notices a significant rise in activity pertaining to certain gangs she was familiar with. Several criminals had been unaccounted for in that time and she had a good feeling she knew why. One operation brought her to realize that a number of super criminal sanctioned gangs were fighting one another, even in broad daylight. However things wouldn't get really bad until night. Five minutes to 6 PM Saturday, Flip-Side hangs two thugs from a street lamp by their ankles and interrogates them. "Your boss. NOW," she says sternly, knowing they'll answer before the night falls or they'd really have a reason to be fearful.

"We're not telling you anything!"

"Fine, Fine, I'LL talk!"

"HEY!"

"You've seen how she gets at night! It's Clue, he's holed up in the Warehouse district, just don't hurt us!"

Flip-Side then turns and walks into an alley, climbing a fire escape to get up onto the rooftops. She then runs off toward the warehouse district.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th December 2011, 1:30 pm

Thanatos doesn't understand it. Open fighting on the streets? In broad daylight? Well, he didn't mind them killing each other--less work for him. As the night approached he decided to help a clustered group of gangs--by throwing a propane tank at them. They scrabbled to flee, but too late, as Thanatos threw a metal beam at it that punctured the tank. The resulting explosion was a thing of beauty.

The other side decided to thank him--by shooting at him. A semi cleared that problem. He moved on, grabbing one of the survivors, then hanging him from the top of a building.

"Who?" he said brutally.

"I-I-I ain't tellin' you nuthin'!" the man barked defiantly. The fear in his voice made him far less convincing, though.

Thanatos sighed, took off the man's shoe, and broke his left pinky toe. The man screamed in pain.

"I figured we'd save the little piggy the trip home," he began. "You have nineteen more breakables before I move on to more fleshy objects."

"He--he'll kill me!"

Thanatos put his face right in the other's. "And I won't...?"

"I--it's Clue!"

"Clue?" Thanatos said.

"Yeah! Warehouse district! Can't miss it!"

"Why would a supervillain be stirring up gangs...?" he questioned.

"I don't know! I'm just a grunt!"

Thanatos inclined his head. The man had a fair point. "At least you know your place."

He tossed the thug behind him on the roof. "Let me catch you again and you'll die. Simple as that."

He leapt off the roof and made for the Warehouse District.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 18th December 2011, 2:12 pm

Analysis; at least twelves guards. Only six of them are armed. One using a crane and a searchlight as a lookout. Clue's in one of the warehouses down there. He knows I'd go for the warehouse that has the most guards around it. Two guards carrying high powered rifles, the rest sub-machine guns. Fun. This shouldn't be too difficult so long as I stay out of sight.

She takes cover as one armed thug guarding the area passes by. She then sneaks up on, and takes him out silently. Then she proceeds to the roof of a warehouse. It was the one across from where she was that she'd have to worry about. The One in the crane was her only problem. If he'd spotted her, it was going to be much more difficult getting in.

Eleven thugs later, Flip-Side is the only one standing on the grounds. She looks about the area when just manages to avoid a gunshot. The thug in the crane. He had a machine gun. One step out of line and the she'd be cut in half with bullets.

Making her way to the base, she climbs up and surprises the thug in the cockpit. After interrogating him, she finds the warehouse that Clue is apparently located in.

The instant she set foot in the door she witnessed as he held his trademark pistol form rifle in the face of a police officer. He sees her coming in and waves his finger whilst shaking his head teasingly. "Naughty, naughty, Flip-Side. How do you expect me to plan new games for you if you keep spoiling the surprises?! Now I have to start all over, I hope you're happy."

"Let her go, Clue," Flip-Side says bluntly.

"I don't know about that, Flip. Officer Garcia and me, we've really hit it off! I may even ask her out sometime," he says, gesturing the poor woman to call him with a nod.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th December 2011, 11:45 pm

[Attn: Flip-Side, Clue]

Thanatos looked around the scene. It looked like someone had already beaten him to the punch. He leapt in from the skyline, moving quietly around. It was then that he saw the one called Clue holding a hostage against--ah, that bipolar hero Flip-Side. He had no interest.

However, he figured he'd better stop the guy from blowing the police woman's face off--not that the police had ever done him any favors. He looked around and saw some bolts lying around. He smiled; he'd been practicing.

One in each hand he flicked them with projectile force. They hit their target perfectly. One, that he'd flicked really hard, hit the gun, deflecting it out of the woman's face. The other clocked him in the head. He only wanted to stun the guy--he needed information.

Before the man could recover, Thanatos was on him, crushing the wrist holding the shotgun. "You have answers," he told the man flatly. "I want'em."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 18th December 2011, 11:59 pm

"Do I know you? Now what could I possibly have to tell YOU about?" The deranged psychopath mocks.

"The gang wars, Clue. It's over more than territory. What. Is. It?" Flip-Side says.

"Now, YOU, I'll answer," Clue says. He then roll back and in a masterful martial arts maneuver, reverses Thanatos' grip on him, his wrist healing in an instant, such a minor wound. Next he pushes the vigilante away. "Anyway, isn't it obvious, Flippy? Or have you just been more worried about ME lately?"

Flip-Side then grabs Clue and slams him against a crate. "What's going on?"

"Don't, don't worry, I'll tell you what's going on. It's just the kind of guy I am," Clue laughs. "It's all over a special little vial of some serum Spectrum managed to make. Professor P had a spy in her ranks and grew interested with it. That's all I know."

Flip-Side then drops Clue and approaches the door. "You'd better not be lying to me, Clue. Tonight is not a good time to make me angry. I'll come back for you later. If you're gone, I will find you." She then looks to Officer Garcia. "Jean, I may need you out in the field tonight. There's something Clue isn't telling me and I don't have time to sit here and keep interrogating him. I'll be in touch." She then runs off, disappearing into the night.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th December 2011, 12:03 am

Thanatos growled in annoyance. Martial arts and regeneration? That was just cheating. He clocked the man in the head, then dropped a crate on his legs.

"Heal that, *sshole," he growled.

He turned and left, figuring he could hit a few of the other gangs to get some intel. One of these days, he might consider learning that fancy move mumbo jumbo. Then again, he was a decent streetfighter so he didn't care.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th December 2011, 12:34 am

Clue ultimately turns the punch in the head into a back-flip thus evading the crate then waves as the hero and vigilante leave him.

Later, Flip-Side interrogates her way into Spectrum's turf. If there was any villain at all that Flip-Side could say she most disliked, it was her. Forget the insane, murderous, unrelenting Clue she herself had technically been a part of creating. No, Spectrum. The woman probably hated Flip-Side more than anyone...the feeling was mutual.

The entire area was being guarded...a lot more heavily than Clue's turf, that was for sure. Spectrum was holed up in the abandoned North Labs building.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th December 2011, 12:45 am

[Attn: Flip-Side]

Thanatos felt a vein in his head throb. This Flip-Side apparently ran in the same circles. What had begun as a simple intel run had turned into basically following her coattails. Luckily, the skulls he cracked along the way helped him vent his frustration.

While Flip-Side got further in, Thanatos took it upon himself to help the local funeral homes, leaving a swath of death and destruction the like only seen in war.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 19th December 2011, 1:04 am

Flip-Side sneaks up on one guard. She sweeps him low and grabs him by the ankle then holds him over the edge of the five story building. "Assuming you survive, I recommend you get a push chair. You wouldn't have any bodily functions left to operate a remote one," Flip-Side says, shaking him slightly. "Unless you tell me where your boss is. Your choice."

"P-please no! She's in the old North Labs Building, the one that was cleared out after that explosion a few years back! That's all I know, honest!" The cretin says, holding on for his life.

"A pleasure talking with you," the heroine says. She then turns and throws him down to the floor of the rooftop. "Squeal about this and I'll find you." She then proceeds to the old North Labs facility not far away from there.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top