Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afterimage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Afterimage Empty Afterimage

Post by Guest 22nd November 2010, 8:34 pm

Roleplay Name: Afterimage

Type: Paragraph posts

Genre: Urban Fantasy [For those that do not know this term, urban fantasy just means a story set in the real world of today (or possibly another time period) and fantasy elements are present, added in, or real world characters are transported to or discover a fantasy realm.

Basic Plot: A young woman named Pandora finds herself plagued by strange dreams of white figures and inexplicable feelings of dread. She seeks an answer as to where the dreams come from and what they mean, but she might not be prepared for the answers.

Possible other characters: For now, any other characters must be normal humans. This means no powers and only usual human talents. Later the normal humans will have an opportunity to become different. Also, once this point is reached, more fantastical characters can join in. Try to make a character that fits the setting not just a "pasted" OC you have. Unless you think they fit very well.

Did I do this right? Is any other information needed?

Last edited by treomatos on 22nd November 2010, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to clarify)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Afterimage Empty Re: Afterimage

Post by Fina 22nd November 2010, 8:55 pm

Interesting plot! I most DEFINITELY like it. I do have a question; when you say normal human do you mean just your average, sport loving or artistic male or female, or can they use weapons such as swords and lances?

In more simpler terms, since my explanations skills are lacking, is it possible for these normal humans to use weapons such as swords, or are they innocent and have no experience in battle?
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd November 2010, 9:02 pm

Fina wrote:Interesting plot! I most DEFINITELY like it. I do have a question; when you say normal human do you mean just your average, sport loving or artistic male or female, or can they use weapons such as swords and lances?

In more simpler terms, since my explanations skills are lacking, is it possible for these normal humans to use weapons such as swords, or are they innocent and have no experience in battle?

They can have natural experiences. People today take martial arts, fencing, kendo, etc. Just keep it believable if they do have fighting talents. They could even just be a person that got into fights and they know how to scuffle. But I'll tell you this much, fighting will not be a major factor in this story. There will be some but it's not as important as the story itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 22nd November 2010, 9:03 pm

Awesome! I'm already excited about this plot. Smile
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd November 2010, 9:54 pm

I'm definitely interested! Is there a particular format that you would like us to post our OC's in for this RP? ^_^
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd November 2010, 10:39 pm

Leah7 wrote:I'm definitely interested! Is there a particular format that you would like us to post our OC's in for this RP? ^_^

On other groups I would have the OCs posted in their own thread, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it here. As for the format I can post an example soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd November 2010, 12:24 am

-OC Format- You don't have to follow this exactly

Name:

Sex:

Appearance: [This includes both physical traits and then clothing]

Personality:

Abilities: [Skills, Traits, Talents, etc.]

Backtory: [A little bit of the character's history.]

[Add weapons or whatever if applicable.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 23rd November 2010, 12:51 am

Name: Lia Amden

Sex: Female

Appearance: Dark brown hair, gray eyes, 5'4 in height, wearing slacks and baggy, anime t-shirt

Personality:
Random, weird, agreeable, open, social, and kind, but not easily walked on.

Abilities: Singer, Athletic, Knife Throwing, and has self defense.

Backstory: Lia was found in the road with concussion and was taken to the hospital. Apparently, she was covered in bruises and it was obvious that she had a victim of a hit and run. However, Lia has no memory of her past and she is determined to find out who she is. Ever since recovering, she has trained herself in self defense in hopes that she'll never be hurt again.

RPRU(s): treomatos, Fina

Last edited by Leah7 on 18th January 2011, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd November 2010, 12:59 am

Name: Pandora

Appearance: 5'10", clear ocean-blue eyes, stark white hair cut short to just an inch above her shoulders, downturned lips, small nose, sharp angled but soft jaw, and very pale skin. She's very thin, always stands up straight, and has a determined air about her.
She wears stylish clothes, her own style, usually reserved colors and professional looks. Her favorite colors to wear are white, maroon, orchid, or gray. It is rare for her to wear much jewelry and she only wears just enough make-up to accent her clothing.

Personality: Pandora is a contemplative individual so she is usually wrapped up in her own thoughts. She is not particularly outgoing or shy either. She just tends to talk to people if they talk to her. A good word to describe Pandora is structured. She does not care much if her friends are disorderly so long as it does not interfere with her order of things. She is kind and sympathetic to others, but she gets wound up at times so she puts forth a lot of effort to unwind now and again. She appreciates artistic expression and she is musically inclined.

Abilities: She experiments with watercolor, plays the violin, cello, and clarinette, and has training in digital design. She is good at puzzles, figuring out tricks, and dispelling mind games.

Backtory: Pandora has a small family: her mother, father, and little sister. She has always been disturbed by her dreams as far back as she can remember. Her experiences in life have been... muted by her constant internal struggle. But this also made her look into art and music. Her favorite artist is M.C. Escher and her favorite composer is Vivaldi. Right now she is in college with a Major in Graphic Design and a Minor in Illustration. She currently has a job as a waitress at a nice restaurant where she also plays the violin or cello when given the opportunity.

Last edited by treomatos on 23rd November 2010, 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 23rd November 2010, 1:39 am

Name: Mei Shera

Appearance: 5'7" Mei has orange hair tied up in a long ponytail, with deep green eyes. She always wears some colored shirt with shorts that match the shirt, and always wears her white tennis shoes. Recently, she has taken to the color purple, and has been wearing a pale purple shirt with violet shorts. With her interest in fashion, she wears a white mini-sweater over it. She is very slender, and in top shape for a girl her age.

She carries a thin sword, but not quite as thin as a rapier. When she is not using it, she has it sheathed and hanging on the brown belt she has wrapped around her waist.

Personality: Lively, Kind, Somewhat Random, Level-Headed, Sometimes Quick Tempered, Honest, Blunt, and Brave

Abilities: Acrobatic, Athletic, Skilled with the Sword

Backstory: Mei is just your average teenage girl. She learned to use the sword for protection from any regular attack, such as a robbery or something of that sort. She graduated from high school early, and is planning on going to college, but hasn't decided on which one to attend. Nowadays, you can find her roaming around town, enjoying how peaceful it is.

Is that better? She no longer has a magical background. :D

Last edited by Fina on 23rd November 2010, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd November 2010, 1:51 am

Yes, thank you. The reasons why I am going about it this way will be revealed in the story.

Last edited by treomatos on 23rd November 2010, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd November 2010, 12:25 pm

Name: Nathanial Gregorious Spencer

Sex: Male

Appearance: 5'10, 190 lbs, raven black hair, gray-green eyes, fair skin, well-built, athletic

Personality: Before: Outgoing, friendly, personable, intelligent. After: Withdrawn, closed-off, borderline suicidal, obsessive, angry

Abilities: Comes from a prestigious and wealthy family, so he had access to the best of everything. As a result, he has mastered a couple of martial arts, archery, kendo, fencing, and a myriad of sports. Also having a habit of hanging out with the "wrong crowd," he has a few other skills that wound up being pretty useful when he became a cop. He's good with computers and enjoys working on cars.

Backtory: Nathaniel Gregorious Spencer is the youngest son of three brothers and an older sister. His family is well known and comes from "old money," his great grandfather having struck it rich during the Gold Rush. His father is head of a family owned pharmaceutical company. Being the youngest meant being doted on the most, and also meant the responsibility of inheriting the family business fell on his older brothers, which suited him fine. He's closest to his sister, who is only two years older than him, and very down to earth. His brothers, too used to wealth, are soft snobs and they can't stand each other. He liked to hang out with the "poor folk," his best friend being the daughter of a simple desk clerk, Heather Summers. They hung out with the rougher crowd, much to the dismay and anger of his brothers and parents. For the final straw, he risked disinheritance when he followed Heather and joined the police force. The two quickly made detective and were engaged to be married. However, one day he came home to find Heather gone without a trace. No one had seen or heard from her in days, that turned to weeks, and finally to months. He searched frantically, becoming so obsessive as to finally be released from the force on extended leave. Believing the worst, he's fallen into despair and has become withdrawn and angry, refusing to give up on the search for her.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 23rd November 2010, 1:21 pm

Okay! Thanks! Smile
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd November 2010, 1:44 pm

Name: Yumiko "Yumi" Ishida

Appearance: Japanese, Shoulder-length straight black hair, dark eyes, fair skin, tall (for a girl), skinny. Usually wears casual clothing (jeans, t-shirts, anything comfortable) but on occasion, she enjoys cosplaying, or wearing Japanese school girl uniforms and Yukatas.

Personality: Kind, caring, loves to help people in need, modest, somewhat shy, but outgoing when you get to know her real well.

Abilities: Very skilled at Aikido and Kendo. Empathetic (she can sense the emotions of others, usually being able to tell when they're upset even if they try to hide it), dabbles in some forms of witchcraft, but mainly taro cards. She is very good at math, logic, and reasoning.

Backtory: Yumi is from the city of Azumino, a city in the Nagano prefecture of the Chubu region of Japan. She was born into a wonderful, loving family. Her parents loved and cared for her, as well as her four younger siblings (3 brothers, and 1 sister). Her mother was a well known, popular fortune teller, which is where she gets her interest for the taro cards. Her father was a businessman, and was often away on business trips, but would always ensure that when he was home, he put all his energy into focusing on his family and making them happy. When she graduated high school, as one of the top students of her class, Yumi was selected as one of the few high school graduates to attend college in the United States. She was excited, as she always wanted to study abroad in a foreign country. She is currently attending college at an American University. She lives on campus, and goes back to her home in Japan during holidays. She has made many new friends in America, and is very happy, despite missing her family when she's away. She can speak English fairly well, but is not proficient at it, so often makes mistakes, or others find it hard to understand her. She also has a bad habit of reverting to Japanese while she's speaking English.

I hope this is okay. Her "empathic" ability isn't really 'magic', she's just sensitive to peoples' emotions. When people are depressed or sad, she gets depressed and sad. She can tell when you're upset, even when you try to hide it. That's a piece of the real life me that I put into her. lol Because I'm pretty empathic, and I figured the witchcraft stuff is pretty realistic since there ARE people who believe in that stuff...but if I need to change it, let me know. =)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th December 2010, 2:15 pm

This is my second time doing this so bear with me *sweats*

Name: Leilani Kaprielian

Appearance: She is 5'4'" She has straight shoulder length chestnut brown hair with hints of red in them. She wears business casual clothes at work, but dresses down at home.

Personality: Friendly, shy with people at first, but warms up quickly. She is not the center of a party, but not a wallflower either.

Abilities: Nothing out of the ordinary. She has an active imagination (some may say overactive).

Backtory: Leilani is newer to the city. She grew up in a small town in the Midwest. She works in the local library which suites her love of books. She lives alone in apartment, and is constantly being bugged by her coworkers to get out more. Growing up in the Midwest she is used to a slower paced life, but loves the vibrancy the city has to offer.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th December 2010, 12:07 pm

I suppose I should have completed this first before posting..........

Name: JohnnieTreadLightly aka "Tread"

Appearance: 6' 1", lean build, dark hair and eyes, pale skin, wears hair somewhat long and somewhat edgy, has a tattoo of a key on his left shoulder that he doesn't remember getting, ears are pierced and he wears a small nose ring. He typically wears black and is good at blending into the background

Personality: Stealthy, calculating and observant. Keeps to himself and doesn't start conversations unless he has a motive for one. This is not a trusting soul.

Abilities: Astute pickpocket, skilled thief, computer hacker and stylish dresser

Backtory: hmmm, difficult to say as it is unclear even to him. He's been on his own for at least three years. He sees Pandora in his dreams but doesn't know what the connection may be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th December 2010, 11:39 pm

I approve of all characters! Let's see what they can do!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 21st December 2010, 4:26 pm

I hope I'm not too late to join >.<

Name: Gregory Davis

Appearance: 5ft 8in tall. Fair skinned. Dark black hair that is cut just above his brown eyes. Has a lean build. He often wears a black beanie hat with grey stripes that encircles around the lower part of it. He also wears a dark grey t-shirt covered up by a forest green sweatshirt, pale black, baggy pants, and white running shoes.

Personality: Reserved. Laid back. Not caring much for others around him. He usually goes about his business without much consideration for what others think. He can be seen as selfish since he puts himself over others on occasion. However, he has his moments of generosity.

Abilities: Very good agility from when he used to take martial arts. Also has basic fighting skills, but nothing special.

Backstory: Gregory lived a simple life as an only child. He took martial arts classes when he received severe bullying as a child. Gregory continued taking classes up until the age of 15. At that time, he was beaten by one of the students in his class after a disagreement amongst the two. To this day he still has small training sessions by himself, but he hasn’t taken another class since due to being kicked out. Now he enjoys free running throughout the city, all the while working as a private courier for a man he knew from his childhood.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th December 2010, 4:54 pm

Gregory is approved!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content